Original iPhone with Motorola t505

I purchased a Motorola t505 bluetooth handsfree car kit with an infinixx A2DP adapter. I am pleased to say that it works quite well in my car, including the FM transmission. This unit announces the number of the caller when a call comes in.
My only gripe is that for some reason the caller id does NOT work if the caller is in my contacts list. I paired the Motorola with my sister's phone (she also has a contact list but a Motorola Razor) and the caller id worked fine. I then had a friend call (took him out of my contacts list) and the caller id worked fine.
I won't take all of my contacts out to get this to work. Was wondering if anyone knew a way to fix this?
Thanks.

I can tell you exactly why you can't play music. The original iPhone and iPhone 3G support bluetooth headset mode only, which means you can only pair with a bluetooth device for voice calls. Just FYI, FM pairing is actually called Bluetooth pairing.
Most other phones, even ones from 2007, support a full bluetooth profile, which includes playing music. For an unknown reason, Apple didn't start supporting this until the iPhone 3GS.

Similar Messages

• Original iPhone with 2.0 Performance

I dont know if it is just my imagination but ever since I upgraded to 2.0 on my original iPhone. The devices' performance has dropped significantly.
    Things like menu transitions will be slow and/or stuttery.
    I will be looking at a contact in my list and when I tap a person's name, it will take 3 or 4 seconds to register the tap.
    Sometimes when im listening to music it will stop playing and go back to the home screen randomly.
    When im listening to music and using other apps, when i input anything the music gets choppy as its processing the inputs.
    Sometimes entering a text message is so slow it can take the device several seconds to register each button press.
    There are loads of other little things.
    I dont know if is just me or are there any others out there experiencing the same annoyances.

Yeah, I'm having all the same issues. Using Contacts is pointless as it takes 4 seconds to open the menu and then another 4 seconds to recognize any selections after that. SMS messaging does the same... It's like I'm using my old SLVR again with it's painfully slow OS.
    Funny thing is, I went to one of the Apple stores yesterday and thought I'd check out the 3G phones on display which to my amusement were performing abysmally worse than my 1st generation with 2.0. Eventually one of the employees came up to me and asked if I had any questions, at which point I showed him how laggy the display model was and when I hit the maps application in front of him, I got a white screen and it just stayed locked up!
    His reaction seriously made me laugh (and shake my head) as he pretended that was the first time he'd ever seen such poor performance. I said I noticed how there weren't any more obnoxious Mac Guy vs. PC Guy commercials on anymore, and then he tried to change the subject to Vista. Hmmm, at least the PC Guy can call customer support without having to worry about Microsoft bricking his phone on launch day!
    Tangent aside, though I do hope someone enjoyed my story, I wouldn't count on Apple fixing the lag anytime soon. This company has made it very clear to the world that it will only do what it wants when it wants to with complete disregard to the consumers of its products.
    Now that I feel an example is warranted, remember that Apple took several months to release a firmware update that fixed the SMS timestamp that caused them to display out of order in version 1.1.3... and even then, Apple NEVER even admitted there was a problem.

• 4.2 update but phone still not does not work with Motorola T505

I use an iPhone 3G and on 3.1 it could rebroadcast iTunes signals by FM to my car stereo. 4.1 lost this capacity. I was hoping to get it back with 4.2 but so far no success, even re-pairing the 505. (Otherwise the upgrade much improved the responsiveness of the phone.) There is no firmware upgrade for the T505. Is there another device which would work for me?

I too have Quicken & can't as yet upgrade to Lion - Have a iPhone 4S on order but will need to cancel if MobileMe sync is not fully functional of contacts & calendars.  Any more news on this?

• Integration with Motorola T505 bluetooth/RF adapter

I never had a problem using phones and ipod's (using a bluetooth adapter) with my Motorola adapter but for some reason I just can't get it to work right with my new 3GS (my first iPhone).
    I can't voice dial with it but I CAN dial from the phone and have it work that way. It will not control the ipod like it should
    Any ideas??

It's not designed to voice dial over bluetooth. :down: I am simply stunned that Apple hasn't enabled this yet. Even the most basic phones have voice activated dialing over bluetooth. This was my major pet peeve about the 3G when I first bought it. I ordered a 3GS in hopes of finally getting it working. But, nope! I'd like to hear an answer from Apple as to why they didn't include this.
    These phones are so high-tech and they can't implement this?

• I have an original IPhone that can't connect to ITunes. I did a factory reset and restored to firmware version 3.1.3. Please note that both my ITouches (2nd and 3rd gen) sync to ITunes perfectly. However, the IPhone never connects. Thoughts?

OK, my original iphone has just completed a factory restore. It's connected to my laptop, and ITunes restored it to firmware 3.1.3. Now, I can't connect to the ITunes store. I get an error message every time stating connection timed out, or something to that effect. Well, both my IPod Touch 2nd gen and 3rd gen connect perfectly to ITunes, so I doubt it's related to proxy settings, firewalls, or anything of the sort (believe me, I've spend 15 hours researching this without an answer). So, is there a problem with the original iphone with version 3.1.3 syncing with ITunes version 10.5.1 (the most recent one)?
    I would LOVE an answer as this is driving me crazy.
    Thanks.

Mine had a SIM in it. Originally, when I took out the SIM and tried to restore it with nothing in it, it wouldn't work without a SIM card. So ... I took the SIM that was in that phone previously, put it back in and completed the system restore. I then proceeded to go through the process with AT&T of adding a data plan, which I did, and then it successfully completed the system restore. However, now if I run diagnostics on it, it will not verify ITunes Store. If I try to connect to ITunes store, I'll get the network connection timed out error I referenced earlier in this thread. I'm considering jailbreaking it and putting on an earlier software version. Your thoughts?

• After upgrading to a new 3GS, my original iPhone won't activate...

After I upgraded to an iPhone 3GS, I restored the original iPhone with iTunes. Now, the iPhone says it's got an invalid SIM in it, and when I plug it into iTunes, it won't activate it. It's basically a brick now.
    Was I wrong in thinking I could now use the old iPhone basically like an iPod touch?

I haven't seen any press release that supercedes that, but the one you reference refers to the ORIGINAL iPhone, not a 3G. There have been posts here and elsewhere indicating that the restore/upgrade function no longer works on the 3G once you update to 3GS.
    I suppose the original poster can put a phone call in to AppleCare to see if they might be able to get some help from them. I didn't make this rule, I am just reporting what everyone else is seeing, with or without the SIM card in the 3G.

• Original iphone still in recovery mode.. I want to use it as an Ipod.

I recently decided to get the new Iphone 4s and so far I'm very pleased with the upgrade. I upgraded from the original Iphone with the edge network. Since the upgrade I can no longer use the original. The phone is stuck in recovery mode. I want to be able to use the original Iphone as an Ipod. I have called Apple and they told me to dowload Itunes 9.2 but when I do I am unable to install on my computer because I have the latest Itunes.
    My questions is:
    How do I get my original Iphone working again so I may use as a Ipod?
    I've tried reinstalling the sostware in recovery mode but will not work still stuck.. I paid as we all know $500 for this phone when it first came out. I would hate to see this money go to waste and the phone just be another landfill junk.
    Please help.. Thanks!

I believe if you already installed ios6 on your iphone you have no choice but to stick with ios6.
    I haven't heard of anybody being able to rollback a previous ios version by doing a restore.
    edit: seems you got a reply while I was trying to get my comment in

• How do you reactivate  an original iPhone to a new account?

I upgraded my original iPhone with a new 3GS a month or so ago. I did not change sims. The original iPhone still has it's original sim and has been used as an ipod touch for the last month or so and my 3GS has my original phone number with it's new sim it came with.
    I now want to switch my husband from his Verizon account onto my AT&T account and have him use my original iPhone. I know I need to arrange with AT&T to add a line to my account but I want him to keep his phone number. Do we put the sim from his blackberry in the original iPhone, will AT&T give me a new sim, or will they somehow activate the original sim in it?
    If I can do this over the phone without having to go into a store (using either my original sim or his sim) then that would be easiest.
    Maureen

im sorry i do not know but can u tell me if i can sync to a droid phone

• Need help restoring an original iPhone

I'm working with an original iphone, and am trying to get it to restore to a backup via iTunes (10.1). iPhone software version is 3.1.3
    If I look at the Backup folder (<MobileSync < Application Support < user Library), I see that not all of the backups show in the restore pulldown list in iTunes, for what it's worth.
    My original reason for trying a restore had to do with the phone freezing and not turning off (neither by time-out nor by button control). So it was some funkiness with the phone behavior, which led me to try a restore. I have no reason to think the phone hardware has somehow gone bad, since I've reasonably good care of the phone for 4+ years. Therefore I suspect it's more of a software issue than a hardware problem.
    The message I get in iTunes "iTunes could not restore … because the backup session failed."
    When I try to restore the phone as a new phone, I get issues with the apps not installing, and the following:
    "iTunes could not sync information to the iPhone … because a connection could not be established to the iPhone."
    Why would backup sessions fail?
    What files in the Backup folder do I need for a successful restore?
    If I get ahold of a replacement phone, and I try to restore from previous backups made by this phone, what problems should I anticipate?

Okay here's what I've sinced learned:
    my original iPhone had a bad on-off button.
    the problem of not being able to restore any backup with an original iPhone with 3.1.3 was duplicated on two other iPhones of the same make (iPhone 2G). The consistent message was "iTunes could not restore … because the backup session failed."
    It was a problem dependent on an internet connect, when iTunes would need to go out to connect with whatever it needed to connect.
    I have a semi-working replacement phone, which was downconverted to 3.1.2 from 3.1.3. Can't get to my backups made with 3.1.3, though.
    What I would love to know is how I can access my backups. Will I be able to get my text messages and info from other apps made before I couldn't get to them? Will a newer phone (an iPhone 3GS for example) somehow allow me to restore to those precious backups?

• Restoring previous Backup (3G) on an original iphone

Hey,
    I had a 3G iphone which I recently sold until I upgrade to the iphone 4. At the meantime I wanted to use my original iphone. I backed up the 3G device before selling it, but now when I'm trying to restore my 2G device from the last backup it does not let me and saying that the version is not up to date. I upgraded the phone to the most recent version and still it does not let me restore to the my last backup. It only allows me to restore to the old backups I did over a year ago?
    any ideas?
    thanks a lot

Okay here's what I've sinced learned:
    my original iPhone had a bad on-off button.
    the problem of not being able to restore any backup with an original iPhone with 3.1.3 was duplicated on two other iPhones of the same make (iPhone 2G). The consistent message was "iTunes could not restore … because the backup session failed."
    It was a problem dependent on an internet connect, when iTunes would need to go out to connect with whatever it needed to connect.
    I have a semi-working replacement phone, which was downconverted to 3.1.2 from 3.1.3. Can't get to my backups made with 3.1.3, though.
    What I would love to know is how I can access my backups. Will I be able to get my text messages and info from other apps made before I couldn't get to them? Will a newer phone (an iPhone 3GS for example) somehow allow me to restore to those precious backups?

• Downgrading original iPhone from 2.0 to 1.4

Does anyone know how to downgrade an original iPhone with version 2.0 software back to 1.4 or earlier? I've upgraded to v.2.0 and i'm experiencing too many problems and slow operation with the new operating system, so hence my reason for wanting to revert to 1.4

You're not the only ones with this problem. I think that the vast majority that went through the 2.0 fiasco are suffering the sam types of problems or worse. We just have to hope Apple pushes a patch or new update soon. In the meantime you can try rebooting your phone. Hold home key and lock key down until the apple logo comes on.

• Apps on the original iPhone

Hey, I have the original iPhone with the 3.0 software... For some reason, everytime I try to use an app like Tap Tap, it comes up on the screen then it goes back to the home screen. This is the same with all of the other apps on my iphone. How do I resolve this?
    Thanks for your time!

When that happens, it means the app crashed, just like a program on your main computer can crash.
    First try a reset:
    Hold down both the home button and the sleep/wake button on top for several seconds, ignoring the red OFF slider, until the Apple logo appears. Then the phone will reboot and start up fresh, and clear out any glitches that may be in the memory or anything.

• Upgrading original iPhone software to 2.2 update?

Can I update my original iPhone with the new 2.2 software update? Everytime I plug my iPhone into iTunes and check to see whether there are any new updates for my phone it comes back with version 1.1.4 is the current version. I am running Mac OS x 10.4.11 on an Intel iMac running iTunes 7.6.1.

you need to update your itunes for sure. We are now at 8.0.2.20.
    Update that then check.
    Message was edited by: Dynamite DJs

• Original iPhone Back Up

How do I backup my contacts and data on an original iPhone? I have a new 3GS but want to know if I can backup info first
    Any help will be appreciated
    kpd

Sync the original iPhone with iTunes to back it up.  You can then verify that it's backed up by going to iTunes Preferences>Devices.  This will list your backups.  You can hover your mouse over the device name on the backup list and a pop-up will show you the IMEI, serial number and phone number of the device the backup belongs to.

• My daughter's iPad is backing up to my iCloud, which is how we set it up originally. Now she has her own iPhone with her own iCloud. How can I get her iPad to back up to her own iCloud?

My daughter's iPad is backing up to my iCloud, which is how we set it up originally. Now she has her own iPhone with her own iCloud. How can I get her iPad to back up to her own iCloud?  Her iPad is taking up 3.4MB of my 5MB. I need my space back!

kat...mom wrote:
    I suppose ya.  If she deletes my account from her iPad it won't affect my account, right? 
    Yes, that's correct, it won't affect your account or your devices in any way.
    Use the delete account button in the iCloud settings.
    Then enter her iCloud details in the new screen that appears and log in. She should then be returned to the screen above but with her Apple ID at the top, enable the services she wishes to use and then tap the storage & backup option and ensure that iCloud backup is turned on.
    settings

Maybe you are looking for

• Can't change journals in Insanejournal without loosing content.

In older versions of Firefox (3.6.2), when I was on InsaneJournal I was able to type into the reply or post box, then using my LJlongin extension, change journals, refresh the page and everything I typed would remain. Now, since updating to Firefox 6

• Why doesn't my iPhoto '09 refresh?

Help! When I delete, rotate or move my photos on "Photo" main page, the graphic does not refresh instantly, but will only show result when I toggle the enlarge/shrink button. Why? Thank.s.

• Ical 5.0.2 won't let me add an invitee...thoughts?

I have tried numerous ideas (I'm a basic Mac user), but can't seem to get iCal 5.0.2 (new upgrade for me) to add an invitee successfully.  Thoughts?  Thank you!

• Adobe or Leopard issue?

Hopefully this is the appropriate forum for this question. I am having a problem printing pdf documents. I'm not sure where to start. A good example would be yesterday when I bought my new fishing licence online and the document that I received was a

• Running Macbook in 64-bit mode

Hi there, I've just installed Snow Leopard onto my 13" Aluminium MacBook (Late 2008 model), and noticed that my MacBook is still running in 32-bit mode. How do I change it to 64-bit mode? I've tried holding down the 64 keys and then pressing shutdown