Port replicator on T43

Hello,
I received today the Port replicator but could not get the PC to recognize this and create a "docked" hardware profile.
Going trough diferent searches I could not find if the port replicator should allow "docking" or not
The use of the port replicator is mainly to be able to disconnect the second monitor, external keyboard, mouse and LAN when I have to move into an other room and being able to link up to projectors trough the VGA port

Huh it will not be easy to find good explanation for this.
At this time when Tecra M2 was offered on the market as compatible port replicator Toshiba has offered Toshiba Advanced Port Replicator III (not +) and at this time both supported operating system was tested with it.
Later Toshiba has designed Toshiba Advanced Port Replicator III+ and confirmed compatibility with Tecra M2 but obviously with newer (at this time) WXP.
So now you have follow situation: you use newer port replicator but with much older operating system so I presume there is maybe some compatibility problem with W2K.
I cannot imagine you use it so often with W2K and if yes it cannot be so problematic to connect mouse directly on notebooks USB port.
Sorry but I dont think there is anything you can do about it.

Similar Messages

• T43/port replicator & keyboard issues

Over the past 2 months I have been batteling this issue with 4, T43s and port replicators (i refer to these as docks; it is in fact a port replicator):
    When the laptop is shutdown and undocked, when they return to dock, and powered on, the keyboard and mouse (external) will NOT work. The keyboard and mouse on the laptop do not work either; however the Fn+ keys work (i.e I can turn on the keyboard light, adjust brightness, etc) and the power button works.  We use the power button to start a shutdown, and try again.  After 2 or 3 reboots everything is fine.
    We have enough patterns to leads us several different directions, the most recent to the BIOS.
    I believe on the 4 that are having problems, I installed the most recent BIOS and embedded controller updates while the laptop was docked.  Could this cause such issues?  Is there a way to force a re-install of the BIOS?  I try to apply the BIOS again and it exits as the installed version is current.
    Setup:
    Windows XP Pro SP3
    All the newest ThinkVantage software and drivers (repeatable issue without the software present)
    McAffe Endpoint Encryption (Safeboot)
    Windows security profile: securews.inf
    I have enough reason to believe it is something in regards to the network as well, however I want to rule this possibilitity out completely.  With that said, why would the keyboard detection failed during startup if there is a netowrk issue? More on that later if it turns out this isn't the culprit.

How did you do this?  I dont see an option for changing the port in the Control Panel -> Sound ->Playback menu.
    Ive been to many other blogs and threads and your the only who may have found the solution.
    thanks

• Displayport in ThinkPad Port Replicator Series 3

The displayport in my ThinkPad Port Replicator Series 3 does not work. ThinkPad T430S. The interneal mini displayport works very good... Annyone knows the problem?

seglarn2,
    We can try this out...
    Please tell us a bit more about your setup so we can test.  What OS are you running?  What BIOS version do you have?  Do you have any other external video connections, or just the display port?
    LCD on the ThinkPad  is on or off in this config?
    Mark
    ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
    Mark Hopkins
    Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
    twitter @lenovoforums
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

• Port Replicator Series 3 fan?

Hi all, I am considering buying a port replicator for my t420, but I also want to have an external fan blowing on my thinkpad when I play games, for instance. I'm wondering if the port replicator series 3 has an internal fan built into it, and if not, would an external fan below the port replicator be of any use in cooling the laptop? Thanks!

buntwoz,
    I'm not aware that we really see any adverse heat issues with a laptop on a dock.  In some cases, people may dock and use and external display and driving 2 or more external displays could work the GPU(s) harder and lead to some increased system temp, but I don't think it is an issue for most people.
    Mark
    ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
    Mark Hopkins
    Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
    twitter @lenovoforums
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

• Tecra A8-103 Port Replicator III does not work on WIndows 7

Hi 2 all, 
    My Tecra A8-103 worked very fine with docking station: Advanced Toshiba Port replicator III plus.
    It worked well on Windows Vista. 
    but, after Windows 7 was installed, docking station does not accept/recognize microphone and stereo input ??
    I mean, when I connect microphone jack and jack from external speakers into docking station, there is no sound ??
    are there any drivers perhaps ? to be installed for Windows 7 ? 
    thanks in advance 
    Zoran 

I have a MacMini that is a intel core solo and has the DVI port not the mini-DVI.
    I was able to load win7 but only after connecting the MacMini to an LCD monitor via DVI-to-VGA converter that came with my mac mini.
    I am running snow leopard on the mac side and the video works great in 1080p via DVI cable direct to my DLP tv. but when I loaded win7 the tv couldn't display the video feed. The tv read "not compatible data". The DLP tv has a VGA input and win7 is running fine on it.
    I am looking for a way to enable the video card to give the same quality on the win7 side as the OS X side, so that I can go back to the DVI cable and the 1080p I was getting in snow leopard.

• HP 2005pr USB 2.0 Port Replicator - Video not with my Surface Pro 3

Hi everyone,
    I've spent tons of hours already trying to get the HP 2005pr USB 2.0 Port Replicator working with my Surface Pro 3 and no luck. I mean, the USB replication / hub works, meaning that if I plug in a USB mouse / keyboard, they work. It recognizes the device in Device Manager and the ViewSpan application is running. But if I plug in a display in the VGA, nothing happens, no monitor gets detected, and even if I "force-detect" one it still doesn't display anything.
    I've tried with 3 driver versions so far:
    0.2.5 - not working at all. Reboots my Surface while installing. (this one is on the device itself).
    3.X - which is the first with support for Windows 8 I think. I can install it and everything works as described above - meaning no VGA.
    5.3.X - same story as above.
    I've tried uninstalling, restarting and uninstalling several times with both versions. No luck. And I've literally been on every forum where people have problems with the replicator and nothing helped.
    Anyone had any luck getting such a setup to work?
    Or any ideas on how to get it to work?
    Thanks.

Hi @blinkk2
    I see that you are having problem connecting an external monitor to your Microsoft Surface Pro 3 through the HP USB Port Replicator. As the USB ports are working with the mouse and keyboard we know what the Port Replicator itself is working this is going to be something with the drivers on the Surface. I would recommend contacting Microsoft Support to see if they can recommend a graphics driver for you.
    Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.
    Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
    Thank you,
    BHK6
    I work on behalf of HP

• X1 and USB Port Replicator with digital video - hangs system

Hi
    with the X1 to help with docking it everyday at the office I have a USB Port replicator with digital video. I am not using the digital video but the USB ports, head phone and mics plus ethernet.
    When I plug it in it detects it OK, I then installed the software. But after reboot it looks to stall when logging into windows, screen flickers back and forth and locks up the operating system. I unlplug it and reboot and window is working fine.
    Note as I mentioned I am not using the digital output but instead using an external monitor via the display port on the back of the laptop.
    Also its is very slow to boot (Lenovo bios splash screen is there for about a minute)
    I have gone into the bios and turned off all other bootable devices just leaving the laptops hard drive.
    As a work around I have removed the software and I am getting the basic functionality of the port replicator, but not the ethernet.
    I have run the update manager but does not appear to show a need to update the drivers.
    Model X1 (1293-CTO)
    Windows 7

Hi, I have this same exact problem.
    Video (anything from youtube to downloaded shows, movies) will freeze for 5-7 seconds at a time. The sound continues to play while the video is 'frozen', and the video resumes after that.
    It will happen on its own, with no bumping, but it is more prone to happen if I do something like increase the volume within the media player.
    Any suggestions are much appreciated!

• Video issues with USB port replicator with Digital Video

I have a T400 running Windows XP SP3 32-bit, with the graphics mode set to use the ATI video card. I'm also using the latest approved Lenovo ATI driver for this machine.
    I have two issues, one of which I consider major:
    1) Sometimes when I plug in the replicator (got the latest drivers off of the Lenovo download site) everything works great, and other times the monitor never powers up. I plug the replicator into my laptop and the external keyboard and mouse work and the port replicator system tray icon appears, but the monitor is still in power-saving mode. If I try to activate the monitor by "extending" or "mirroring" it, it comes up with a pop-up that says:
    "ThinkPad USB port rep. device: Error" - "Fail when adding device instance into driver!"
    2) This is more of an annoyance, but I noticed when the monitor does work that black areas of the screen end up getting sparkly green lines through them. They aren't "actually there" in the sense that it's not corruption from the computer, they are simply artifacts of what seems to be some signalling problem.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

wim1234 wrote:
    We (DispkayLink) have tested office 2013 and not found any BSODs so there must be something system specific.
    Could you gather the system logs and post here so we can see what might be wrong? Details on how to do this are here:
    http://kb.displaylink.com/269
    Thanks
    Wim
    Your reply is 2 months later, I had to revert to Office 2010 and return the laptop to the end user.
    But, I got another model of the same laptop right now which can be used to test it, I will let you know if it works out this time with the lates DisplayLink software for Windows.

• Lenovo USB 2.0 Port Replicator Freezes Issues and Problems

Okay, I have THREE of these port replicators in my office, and ALL THREE have the exact same problem on various laptops(X1, T420, Edge 13) with various kayboard/mice.  I've been through all stages of the port replicator drivers on the various systems, and the issue is always there.  All laptop drivers are updated.
    Here is the issue: working away, and then bam, mouse and keyboard don't work.  I'm working in a external monitor only display setup.  I go to the keyboard/touchpad on the laptop and they don't work...however ctrl+alt+delete works on the laptop keyboard(not the regular one).  Then the touchpad works...but I can't click on any of the settings EXCEPT sleep.  When I press a button to wake it up, everything works fine.  Basic external keyboards/mice, no need for different drivers.
    The other thing that fixes everything is unplugging the USB connection from the port replicator and plugging it back in to the laptop(or unplugging the power to the port replicator). 
    The weird thing is that I took the keyboard and mouse and they are plugged into the laptop itself, NOT the dock, and I still get the same issue with responsiveness.  This happens on ALL the docks, so it's not a keyboard/mouse driver thing. 
    The one thing that's occuring to me is that maybe it's a weird display issue?  I haven't tried actually using the external or laptop keyboard to run commands while it's frozen...and I also haven't tried unplugging things from the port replicator one by one (such as unplugging the display cable from the port replicator, then the printer, then the ethernet).  I'll keep you updated if I get any further.  It's been like this for months, and my users are just doing the workarounds.  one thing is for sure...
    I'M NEVER GOING TO SUBSTITUE THIS PORT REPLICATOR FOR A NORMAL DOCK AGAIN! (although i have no choice with the X1). 

Hi skrasher, welcome to the forum,
    could you please try the following to see if it changes the behaviour of the USB ports.  In Device Manager, with the port rep attached, disable the ability on each of the USB Root Hubs for Windows to disable the device in order to save power, restart the system and see if the problem still occurs.
    Let us know how you get on.
    edit; for clarity
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• Where can I download a user manual for Advanced Port Replicator III plus

Where can I download a user manual for this?
    I have searched the download manuals section but cannot find a reference to this.
    Thanks for any help

Seems this manual is not available in the Toshiba user manual page.
    But usually you should receive a user manual together with the Advanced Port Replicator III plus.

• Tecra A9 - Connecting two external displays using Express Port Replicator

Hi,
    I have a Tecra A9 and Express Port Replicator.
    I'm trying to connect 2 external displays, one connected on the notebook output and the other connected on the docking station (notebook lid closed, not using the notebook display).
    I can only get one to work, does anyone know if this is possible?

Hi
    I think you want to connect one monitor to VGA and the other to DVI port.
    Is it right?
    Well, I found this doc:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB7B0201000CR01.htm
    It depends on the used Tecra A9, if you can get a picture on the DVI out port on the Express Port Replicator (PA3508E-1PRP) or not.
    The DVI port on the on the Express Port Replicator is only supported on machines with ATI or nVidia graphic card.
    If you have a INTEL graphic card the DVI port on the on the Express Port Replicator is NOT supported.

• USB Port Replicator 2nd monitor doesn't work on restart with Vista

Greetings wise wizards of Lenovo:
    I'm helping a friend with the USB Port Replicator, who is running Windows Vista Home Premium on her Acer laptop. She has all of the necessary hardware requirements, and I've installed the Lenovo USB Port Replicator drivers with once with Vista (automatically installing the drivers), once with the CD, and finally from the Lenovo website. The problem is that the port replicator works fine upon installation, but as soon as Vista is restarted, not only does a second monitor not appear automatically, it doesn't appear at all.
    Connecting the second monitor to the laptop VGA port works fine, and I can extend the desktop across both the laptop and the second monitor... it is only a problem on restart with the port replicator. I've uninstalled and resintalled three times now, once with letting Vista provide the drivers automatically, once with the CD, and once with the website download.
    Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance,
    Zovoth

Mines not working on XP. Works fine until I re-boot then I have a hard time getting it to work. I've tried unplugging the ac adapter, usb, tried switching my monitors and still nothing. Both monitors are functioning properly. The icon for the repilicator does not show up down the clock. It's in my program files with the only option to uninstall.
    Comon Lenovo, there hasn't been an answer to this question since 2008???

• Port Replicator loses connection to 2 external monitors and moves all the windows to the main screen

I recently purchased a Lenovo USB 2.0 Port Replicator with Digital Video (0A33942) to use with my Lenovo ThinkPad E530 laptop and two external monitors. One of the monitors is plugged into the port replicator with a VGA cord and the other one is plugged in directly into the laptop also with VGA.
    The issue I'm having is randomly during the day, both screens will go blank, when they come back up everything that was open on the second screen gets moved to the main one. This happens about 15 times a day and although not a life threatening issue, it's still more of an annoyance moving everything back to the second screen as it was originally set up.
    I have gone to Power Options and I have switched the sleep mode to 'Never'. Anyone have any suggestions? This is really driving me nuts. I tried calling Lenovo support and they told me this wasn't in "their scope" of support issues.
    Thanks

this is a driver incompatibility issue, it happens with some displaylink devices. I had this problem with the Lenobo USB 2.0 port replicator before.
    Since the E530 has USB 3.0, i suggest you get a Lenovo's USB 3.0 dock, which will support 2 external LCD (but only one of the dvi on the dock can be converted to vga).
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• Cannot connect 2 external monitors via port replicator using Portege Z30-16U

Hi All
    I need hell I just moved from a other laptop to the Portege Z30-16U, I have spent hours trying to connect my 2 external monitors to my Hi-Speed Port replicator III 120W but my laptop will only see one monitor.
    I have been using 2 external monitors with my laptop for yrs as I do a lot or reading and I do not want to use only one and the laptop screen.
    I have tried VGA cables and mix of a VGA and a HDMI but nothing is working.
    Can anyone tell me how I can connect and view 2 external monitors with this laptop and port replicator, I cannot believe it is not possible it would make no sense that Toshiba would be so technilogically behind other laptop manufacturers.
    Thanks
    Liga

Hi
    I am not familliar with the Portreplicator of Z30, but the general behaviour of the dual-displayconnector replicators is that 1 can be used.
    Not 2 simultaneously.
    I may be wrong and you should easily be able to check this - use only 1 at a time.
    First one, then the other.
    If both works when used alone, then my suspicion is right.
    Hope this helps!
    BR TOm

• Dual display with Lenovo USB Port Replicator 43R8770

Hi,
    I have installed the Lenovo USB port replicator using the 1.0.0.1 drivers.  I am running Windows XP on a Thinkpad X300.
    I can successfully get into dual display mode but when I try to make the external monitor my primary display it will not work.  It just switches my primary monitor back the notebook LCD without displaying any errors. 
    If I disable the notebook display I can set the external as the primary but as long as the notebook is enable the external cannot be set as the primary.
    Has anyone ever seen this before?
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

I know it's an old discussion, but I wanted to pos​t instructions on getting the dual-monitor setup w​orking, as it took me a while to get it right.  Th​is is using a Lenovo x301 with Windows XP SP3, 
    Lenovo Enhanced USB Port Replicator and 2 Dell 19"​ 1280x1024 analog flat panel monitors (I know..I k​now...)  My 
    boss didn't want to use the Laptop display.  Just ​the two external monitors.  Note: before proceding​, please make 
    sure you've installed the Port Replicator drivers. 
    Connect left monitor (primary display) to x301 VGA​ port.
    Connect right monitor (extended display) to Port R​eplicator VGA port.
    Click on the Intel(r) Graphics Media Accelerator D​river for Mobile icon in the system tray and selec​t GRAPHICS OPTIONS --> OUTPUT TO --> MONITOR
    Click on the Lenovo Display Adapter icon in the sy​stem tray and select EXTEND TO --> RIGHT
    Hope someone finds this helpful down the road.
    Message Edited by BMCit on 01-28-2009 01:56 PM

Maybe you are looking for

• How do I resync a song manually deleted on iPhone with 'swipe to delete'?

I accidently deleted a song while browsing music on my iPhone (with the swipe to delete function) and now I am not able to resync the song back onto the phone even though it's still happily there in iTunes on my iMac. I've tried explicitly adding it

• Problem with WiFi after installing Windows 7

Hi, i am using a Mac book White(newer model) and recently installed Windows 7 Professional(x86). When running windows 7, the WiFi is not working, meaning that it does not even detect any wireless connections when there are like more than 10 in my are

• Photos Don't Transfer Well to iPod

Okay...I have a new U2 Special Edition red and black 30G iPod with the latest version of iTunes on a Windows Vista operating system. Whenever I try to transfer photos to my iPod, it takes a very long time (up to 4-5 hours) to transfer only around 100

• When a dimension PK is suddenly not unique - how to go around it

Good day all, I've faced a peculiar problem. Pulling a dimension that I've thought I'd have problem with - I noticed something strange on a most detailed level. Org/ Cost Code /Expenditure Amt ZZZ 2445 /$1100 ZZZ 2445 /$1100 ZZZ 2445 /$1100 ZZZ 2445

• How can I use FK description in a BC4J data query component?

Hi all, I am facing the following problem. Although I use renderers in the DataEdit component for displaying the descriptions of the FKs this is not useful for the BC4J data query components. How can I get the same functionality as in the dataEdit co