Power Manager features and other problems associated with the T510

For the better part of 5 years I've been a happy user of a IBM Z60m and decided it was time to pass my z60 off to my son and buy a new T510.  Well I after several weeks of ownership I can honestly say I'm irritated and frustrated by several ongoing issues and am ready to send the whole unit back.  
From the time I pulled it out of the box I'm been having power management issues.  I've been on Microsoft's help forums, called lenovo support, and spent countless hours on blogs and forums looking for assistance.   No matter what I do in the lenovo power setting arrangements my computer aways goes in stanby after a minute of nonuse and then asks me for my windows password.  So after an entire day of inserting my password my frustration level is off the chart.  I removed the password in the user settings that didn't help.  I changed the global settings to turn off password in stanby mode that didn't help.  I've changed the power choice feature to optimize and others but none of that helped.  
Beyond those problems... I inserting two different disks to insert new programs and my system kept telling me it couldn't read either.  I first thought they were scratch but my old ibm laptop read each without a problem.  
So there you have it.  
Solved!
Go to Solution.

Are you sure the system is going into standby after 1 minute?  Or is the screen being locked? 
Try this:
1.  right-click on desktop and choose "personalize"
2.  click on "screen saver" in the lower right corner
3.  uncheck the box that says "On resume, display logon screen"
Does that fix your issue?

Similar Messages

• Audio (and other) problems noted with Keynote version 4.0.1

Since installing Keynote 4 and the 4.0.1 update, I have noted the following situations and/or problems:
    1) When doing a "save-as" the filename is appended with the suffix ".key" but when I subsequently "save" this file, the suffix disappears. The file seems to open and operate OK nonetheless, but this puzzles and somewhat concerns me that someday Keynote may not recognize the file. This happens whenever I "save" a slideshow after I have made any changes to it.
    2) When playing back a "soundtrack," the audio "glitches" frequently at slide transitions: this occurs repeatedly on my G5 desktop system but not on my MacBook Pro-17. The "glitches" always seem to occur at the same places in the track - which, of course, is also at the same slide transitions. (This problem has spawned several similar questions and threads in this forum.)
    3) Related to #2 above, the "glitches" also interrupt or corrupt the "recording" of that soundtrack, so that the synchronization is off when the slideshow is played back.
    4) If I want to have an audio track play under a series of slides, the only way I have found to accomplish this is to create a separate slideshow with the audio track running as a "soundtrack" and "record" the Builds and Transitions in sync with the audio. If I want to incorporate several of these shows together, I can create a "master" slideshow and Hyperlink each segment to the next. HOWEVER...
    5) When I "record" a "soundtrack" and "synchronize" the Builds and Transitions within the slideshow, everything plays back properly in sync ONLY when the slideshow is played as a stand-alone presentation (i.e. a cold start from the desktop). If I initiate playback of the slideshow via a Hyperlink from another presentation, the soundtrack plays but NONE of the synchronization works at all.
    6) The only way I have found to have an audio track "fade-in" or "fade-out" is to use off-line editing software to record these fades prior to importing the tracks into Keynote. The "Start Audio" Build function is simply a hard "cut" in, and the end of the track is a hard "cut" out.
    These problems are consistent and repeatable facts. Whether they are "bugs" in the software or "design shortcomings" is uncertain. Nonethtless ...
    At the risk of offending the moderators of this forum, I feel compelled to comment that these problems render the audio operations of Keynote less than satisfactory and should be addressed as soon as possible with another update to this visually stunning but audio-challenged application.

Well Ron S, I re-confirmed why I prefer not to look to tech support for support.
    It seems to me that support's main function is to deflect any critical comments and push the blame back to the user.
    Frankly, I have better things to do with my time and money than try to help a multi-billion dollar enterprise learn about itself.
    So, for the benefit of you and the nearly 400 who have followed this thread, I offer you my latest and probably last attempt to have Apple acknowledge in some small way that "Houston, we have a problem".
    I expect this reply will result in this thread being yanked as well, since I'm expressing negative thoughts about Apple's product and wishing they would do better, which is a non-technical gasp of utter frustration and disappointment. Note that "product" is singular, defining Keynote. My other Apple products serve me loyally and superbly, which is why my huge disappointment with Keynote.
    So here is my correspondence with Tech Support. I've removed names except mine.
    I think it speaks for itself. They have notes from my conversations with them that I have current Apple computers, including a MacBookPro, not an old PowerBook, nevertheless, they have told me that the problem is mine because the fabulous hyper-performing Keynote software is choking my poor old machine (paraphrased muchly).:
    Hi (support),
    That's disappointing news, especially since this test was done on 3 machines: an old G4 400, a 2.0G Dual G5 and an Intel core duo MacBookPro which yielded identical results.
    It is not a hardware issue.
    I do not accept a brush-off that it is my hardware that is causing Keynote to be problematic.
    I will assume that Apple is not interested in addressing these issues in public and that Keynote is substandard software that is in need of re-authoring.
    Sorry to be so blunt, but Apple has set this tone with Keynote, and used its considerable reputation as a leading a/v technology innovator to imply that Keynote will deliver the excellence we Mac users have come to expect.
    I have been a loyal mac user since the SE series and have enjoyed success with the machines and software offered by Apple, and depend on them for my livelihood. I'm currently using FC Studio6 and know that Apple is capable of maintaining its high standards.
    However, Keynote fails to do that, instead behaving like a product that was invented in a teenager's basement and is in beta. I realize that it's not designed as a FCP level product, but it fails at the basic tasks that you advertise it will complete.
    A version 4 product should work as advertised. Keynote certainly does not.
    I'm deeply saddened that Apple seems to have become an iPod entertainment company, interested mainly in profits from entertainment rather than serious useful technology.
    On 2007-Oct-19, at 10:14 AM, (tech support) wrote:
    Hello Sir,
    Unfortunately, this does look like it's mostly a case of some of the new Keynote features slowing down the performance on the PowerBook.
    At this point, there isn't much else we can do in the way of troubleshooting.
    If you are not satisfied with the performance on the PowerBook, using the previous version of Keynote is probably his best option at this point.
    We will continue to research this issue, but at this point it's unlikely I'll be able to find additional suggestions for improving performance, as it looks like it is is reproducible and limited to older models.
    On Oct 16, 2007, at 11:27 PM, Ron Tucker wrote:
    Hi (support),
    Thanks for your recent followup calls. I'm directing a video shoot so am a bit preoccupied.
    Here are the tests I mentioned.
    These are as simple as it gets, and I think highlights the synchronization problem with Keynote.
    Test 1 is straightforward, and demonstrates that a single unedited recorded audio track will maintain mouse click synchronization.
    Test 2 is the same file, but with audio modifications applied to each slide in succession.
    This demonstrates a dramatic synchronization slippage.
    The visuals occur before the click (and audio) markers. Keynote seems to be create delay in audio at each "record and replace" point. This accumulates as the audio is revised in successive slides.
    These tests demonstrate that there is a fundamental flaw in how Keynote handles audio in its most basic application.
    This does not address the slim toolset available, such as lack of insert capability and other basic audio tools, which is a separate design issue, and I suppose subject to "request for enhancement" feedback.
    I've reluctantly abandoned Keynote for my project work at present until these basic issues are addressed and it can be demonstrated that Keynote can successfully execute its feature set.
    <TuckerKeynoteTest.zip>
    Message was edited by: Ron Tucker1

• Have hardware problems associated with the new 27 inch iMac been addressed?

I realize that this question may have been answered on another iMac post, but my wife and I thought we would quickly post the following question just in case there are some similarly quick answers:
    We are thinking about acquiring one of the new 27 inch i7 iMacs. However, several initial problems have been reported with the new 27 inch iMac, e.g. screen problems, startup problems, etc.
    According to Macworld (about 2-3 months ago), Apple finally acknowledged these hardware problems.
    How do we know that acquiring one of the new 27 inch iMacs is a safe bet now…? Meaning, have these problems been addressed…? Has there been another announcement from Apple saying that these manufacturing processes/problems have been satisfactorily addressed…?
    Thanks in advance!

I bought one two weeks ago; 27" i5. No problems found.

• Idle power management features on processor disabled due to a firmware problem - after BIOS update

Hi,
       I did a BIOS upgrade on my E20 - 4220-CTO to 5JKT55A and I started seeing these messages in my System Event log ->
    "Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware."
    "Idle power management features on processor 1 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware."
    "Idle power management features on processor 2 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware."
    "Idle power management features on processor 3 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware."
    The messages occur on each reboot.
    I upgraded to the latest bios 5JKT56A and I get the same messages.
    I was not getting these error messages on BIOS level 5JKT47A(ship from lenovo with this level).
    I updated my BIOS as it was suggested on the lenovo site before doing the win7 SP1 update. Note - I got the error before and after the SP1 update so it's not related to SP1.
    I have not see any additional issues, just the messages in the event log on each boot.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in Advance!

5JKT58A is the current E20 BIOS.   have you tried it yet?
    http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-74761
    ThinkStation C20
    ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30 · 600

• HT204490 OS X Yosemite v10.10.3 Update - I had problems with my iMac after installing the previous update and I removed that update.  Have there been problems associated with this update ?

OS X Yosemite v10.10.3 Update - I had problems with my iMac after installing the previous update and I removed that update.  Have there been problems associated with this update ?

I've been using it on all of my computer without any problems. Remember you won't see any positive comments here. Everyone here is complaining about a problem. If you want a good experience with any upgrade or update first make a backup from which you can boot the computer. If you are installing an update, like 10.10.3 for example, always download and install the Combo Updater - OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Combo Update. Before you install any update or upgrade over an existing system you should do this:Repair the Hard Drive and Permissions:
    Boot to the Recovery HD:
    Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the downward pointing arrow button.
    Repair
    When the recovery menu appears select Disk Utility and press the Continue button. After Disk Utility loads select the Macintosh HD entry from the the left side list.  Click on the First Aid tab, then click on the Repair Disk button. If Disk Utility reports any errors that have been fixed, then re-run Repair Disk until no errors are reported. If no errors are reported click on the Repair Permissions button. Wait until the operation completes, then quit Disk Utility and return to the main menu. Select Restart from the Apple menu.

• HT201363 My iPhone, iPad and iPod are all associated with the same Apple ID.  How can I remove the iPod and associate it with a new Apple ID without affecting the data on the other devices (note: there is no data on the iPod I want to keep)?

My iPhone, iPad and iPod are all associated with the same Apple ID.  How can I remove the iPod and associate it with a new Apple ID without affecting the data on the other devices (note: there is no data on the iPod I want to keep)?

Very simple.  Turn off Find my iDevice, then  Tap Settings, General, Erase, Erase all content and settings.

• HT1476 my iPhone 4 will no longer charge. It is also not recognised in iTunes. There seems to be a problem with the connector slot. I've tried other cables and other computers/plugs but the connection is not being made. Any suggestions?

my iPhone 4 will no longer charge. It is also not recognised in iTunes. There seems to be a problem with the connector slot. I've tried other cables and other computers/plugs but the connection is not being made. Any suggestions?
    It seems to me that the connection port is faulty.
    George

Looks like a Visit to an Apple Store or AASP (Authorized Apple Service Provider) is the Next Step...
    Be sure to make an appointment first...

• I changed my primary email and icloud is still set for my old email. I tried deleting my icloud but it aks me for the old password associated with the old email that I don't have anymore. Any other sugestions on how to get icloud to change emails on my i

I changed my primary email and icloud is still set for my old email. I tried deleting my icloud but it aks me for the old password associated with the old email that I don't have anymore. Any other sugestions on how to get icloud to change emails on my ios?

I figured it out! I changed my email & password at the icloud site, then when I deleted the icloud account on my iphone - it still showed my old email but when i typed in my current password it went through. I was then able to sign back in with my current email and password. That was too easy for the amount of time I have put into this!  Glad its finally fixed.

• I meet a lot of 3G signal when a call signal disappears 3G! I read the manuals and anything I find the problem! I do so with other brands and other cell does not, the same goes when I receive a call!

I meet a lot of 3G signal when a call signal disappears 3G! I read the manuals and anything I find the problem! I do so with other brands and other cell does not, the same goes when I receive a call!

Who is your carrier?  Are you actually on 3G?
    Do you have 3G turned on or off?  Settings > General > Network > Enable 3G

• Crashes, sound loss, and other problems

Hello,
    I have been having some serious problems over the past several months. In the past it was fairly manageable, but recently things have been getting worse.
    I have a 12-inch PowerBook G4, I bought it at the McGill bookstore in October 2004. The first problem was the apparently random crashes that Mac OS X (v.10.4.8) would experience from time to time. It was fairly infrequent at first so it didn't bother me too much (and I thought it was just some sort of glitch). But it persisted and came to be expected.
    What would happen is that my screen would darken and center box would appear telling me, "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button." (it would display this message in English, French, German, and Japanese for my convenience). After I restart the computer I get the message, "The computer was restarted after Mac OS X quit unexpectedly". At first it seemed to be linked to time; after a while it would just crash, sometimes after an hour or so, sometimes after as little as five minutes. (I fear as I write this that I will have to start over). More recently I've come to associate the crashes with movement of the computer; perhaps the battery (which is pretty much dead after so much use) is affecting the performance, I don't know.
    The next problem, which coincided with the crashes, was my clock being reset. I assumed this was directly associated with the spontaneous shutdown of the computer, yet though the crashes continued, the clock was not always reset (just about a third of the time). This was a pretty frustrating inconvenience given the frequency of the crashes at the beginning.
    The major problem that prompted me to take action was the lose of sound. One day, about a month ago now, my sound suddenly stopped working. At first I thought it was a hardware problem, but then I noticed the sound was still working with some things and just not others. For example, the sound increase/decrease indicator (the 'pop' sound when turning up or down the sound) stopped working, yet the startup sound still worked. I've found that Realplayer, MPlayer X 2, and Windows Media Player work fine but iTunes, VLC, and Quicktime don't. Most of the applications simply don't make sound but when I try to video in VLC I get the following error: "auhal: we cannot find our HAL component" or "auhal: audio-device var does not exist. device probe failed."
    Other minor errors I have come across include inability to detect the Airport card (remedied upon restarting the computer) and occasional seizing up of the keyboard (the letter keys, exclusively, were unresponsive for sometime before working again suddenly without need of restart).
    I've run diagnostic tools such as Disk Utility and the 'fsck' command in single-user mode, but nothing has been detected. It consistently comes up saying that everything is alright.
    I have backed-up all important files and programs (with the exception of my Firefox bookmarks, do you know how I can save those?) and am prepared to do whatever it takes to bring my computer back to working order. I need my computer for schoolwork and assignments so if I can fix it myself in anyway... I would prefer to avoid lengthly repairs if possible.
    Please let me know what my options are, and/or possible things I can do to repair these problems. This whole affair is, unsurprisingly, driving me crazy.
    One last thing, upon launching Microsoft Word, I get the following pop-up:
    Application Launch Failure
    The application "Word" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "3<Microsoft Word><Microsoft Word><MicrosoftLSLibZ>"
    I do not know whether this is linked to my other problems or not. This too, is something that has recently come up and is significantly affecting my work (I have had to switch to writing my essays on TextEdit).
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Eric Oosenbrug
    PowerBook G4   Mac OS X (10.4.8)  

try shutting down, remove the battery, carefully pull out AirPort card and reinstall it.
    maybe run hardware test included with CD kit

• Lync 2013 Error 31055 ,31059 LS Call Park Service, The database being used by Group Pickup is not the appropriate version and There was a problem communicating with the Group Pickup backend database.

Hello
    I have Lync 2013 and 2010  , still i didn't finish my migration completely from 2010 to 2013 .this  is  coexistence environment that contains both Lync Server 2010 and Lync Server 2013 .
    There was no error's in my lync 2013 front end and back end server's and every thing was fine, yesterday I installed windows updated AND CU for my lync 2013  front end and backend server's .
    later on after restarting both the front end and the back end server's i start having hundred's of  these error's related to "LS Call Park Service".
    so any advice for these issue ? and what is the effect for these error .
    below is the error I got .
    The database being used by Group Pickup is not the appropriate version.
    The database is not the correct version:
    Connection: Data Source=HQ-LYNC2013-BE.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa\rtc;Initial Catalog=cpsdyn;Integrated Security=True
    Expected... SchemaVersion: 1, SprocVersion: 1, UpgradeVersion: 2
    Actual...   SchemaVersion: 0, SprocVersion: 0, UpgradeVersion: 0
    Cause: The database has not been upgraded.
    Resolution:
    Upgrade the database to CU1.
    ==============================================================
    There was a problem communicating with the Group Pickup backend database.
    There were problems accessing SQL server:
    Connection: Data Source=HQ-LYNC2013-BE.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa\rtc;Initial Catalog=cpsdyn;Integrated Security=True
    Message: The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'DbpGetVersionSchema', database 'cpsdyn', schema 'dbo'.
    Error code: -2146232060
    Error number: 229
    Cause: This may be caused by connectivity issues with the backend database.
    Resolution:
    Check if SQL backend is running and accepts connections from Group Pickup.
    =============================================================================
    Kind Regards
    MK

Hello
    thanks Holger for u r replay .
    due to the Microsoft article about the cu :
    I run only :
    Install-CsDatabase -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn FEBE.FQDN -Verbose
    Note In a coexistence environment that contains both Lync Server 2010 and Lync Server 2013 and in which the Central Management Service is located on a Lync Server 2010 pool, do not run the
    Install-CsDatabase -CentralManagementDatabase command. If you later move the Central Management Service to a Lync Server 2013 pool, you have to run the
    Install-CsDatabase -CentralManagementDatabase command to apply the changes.
    here is what I get on my power shell after i run the command : "WARNING: Warning: Failed to execute batch --"
    PS C:\Users\MK> Install-CsDatabase -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain -Verbose
    VERBOSE: Creating new log file
    "C:\Users\MK\AppData\Local\Temp\2\Install-CsDatabase-82d6613c-f2e3-47e6-8fc4-8f75d2efe6e4.xml".
    VERBOSE: Install databases required by Lync Server role(s).
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.BlobStore'****
    Trying to connect to Sql Server HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\rtc. using windows authentication...
    Sql version: Major: 11, Minor: 0, Build 5058.
    Sql version is acceptable.
    Checking state for database rtcxds.
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.AbsDatabase'****
    Trying to connect to Sql Server HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\rtc. using windows authentication...
    Checking state for database rtcab.
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.RgsConfigDatabase'****
    Checking state for database rgsconfig.
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.RgsDynDatabase'****
    Checking state for database rgsdyn.
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.CpsDynDatabase'****
    Checking state for database cpsdyn.
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.ArchivingDatabase'****
    Trying to connect to Sql Server HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\arc. using windows authentication...
    Checking state for database LcsLog.
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.MonitoringDatabase'****
    Trying to connect to Sql Server HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\mon. using windows authentication...
    Checking state for database LcsCDR.
    VERBOSE: Assigning "BackendStore:BlobStore:LogPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "BackendStore:RtcSharedDatabase:LogPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "ArchivingStore:ArchivingDatabase:LogPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "MonitoringStore:MonitoringDatabase:LogPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "MonitoringStore:QoEMetricsDatabase:LogPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "ArchivingStore:ArchivingDatabase:DbPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "MonitoringStore:MonitoringDatabase:DbPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "MonitoringStore:QoEMetricsDatabase:DbPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "ABSStore:AbsDatabase:LogPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "ApplicationStore:RgsConfigDatabase:LogPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "ApplicationStore:RgsDynDatabase:LogPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "ApplicationStore:CpsDynDatabase:LogPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "BackendStore:BlobStore:DbPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "BackendStore:RtcSharedDatabase:DbPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "ABSStore:AbsDatabase:DbPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "ApplicationStore:RgsConfigDatabase:DbPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "ApplicationStore:RgsDynDatabase:DbPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Assigning "ApplicationStore:CpsDynDatabase:DbPath" to F:\CsData
    VERBOSE: Installing "BackendStore" on HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\rtc, collocated: False
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.BlobStore'****
    State of database rtcxds is DbState_RequiresMinorUpgrade.
    Database rtcxds set to mode Restricted.
    Dropping all procedures, functions and views from database rtcxds.
    Executing RtcDb.sql...
    Adding master role...
    Setting owner for database rtcxds to sa.
    Creating login MyDomain\RTCHSUniversalServices.
    Creating user MyDomain\RTCHSUniversalServices.
    Creating Schema MyDomain\RTCHSUniversalServices.
    Creating login MyDomain\RTCUniversalReadOnlyAdmins.
    Creating user MyDomain\RTCUniversalReadOnlyAdmins.
    Creating Schema MyDomain\RTCUniversalReadOnlyAdmins.
    Creating login MyDomain\RTCUniversalServerAdmins.
    Creating user MyDomain\RTCUniversalServerAdmins.
    Creating Schema MyDomain\RTCUniversalServerAdmins.
    Adding account MyDomain\RTCHSUniversalServices to role ConsumerRole.
    Adding account MyDomain\RTCUniversalReadOnlyAdmins to role ConsumerRole.
    Adding account MyDomain\RTCHSUniversalServices to role ReplicatorRole.
    Adding account MyDomain\RTCHSUniversalServices to role PublisherRole.
    Adding account MyDomain\RTCUniversalServerAdmins to role PublisherRole.
    Setting database version: Schema Version 15, Sproc Version 13, Update Version 2.
    Setting the database rtcxds to multi user mode.
    Database rtcxds is set to multi user mode.
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.RtcSharedDatabase'****
    Checking state for database rtcshared.
    Database created by script "RtcSharedDatabase" already exists and is current.
    VERBOSE: Successfully installed the database. For details, see the following log:
    "C:\Users\MK\AppData\Local\Temp\2\Create-BackendStore-HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain_rtc-[2014_11_13][14_35_01].log"
    VERBOSE: Installing "ABSStore" on HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\rtc, collocated: False
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.AbsDatabase'****
    State of database rtcab is DbState_RequiresMinorUpgrade.
    Database rtcab set to mode Restricted.
    Dropping all procedures, functions and views from database rtcab.
    Executing RtcAbTypes.sql...
    WARNING: Warning: Failed to execute batch --
    -- Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    exec sp_addrole N'ServerRole'.
    Executing RtcAbDb.sql...
    Setting owner for database rtcab to sa.
    Creating login MyDomain\RTCComponentUniversalServices.
    Creating user MyDomain\RTCComponentUniversalServices.
    Creating Schema MyDomain\RTCComponentUniversalServices.
    Adding account MyDomain\RTCComponentUniversalServices to role ServerRole.
    Setting database version: Schema Version 62, Sproc Version 42, Update Version 3.
    Setting the database rtcab to multi user mode.
    Database rtcab is set to multi user mode.
    VERBOSE: Successfully installed the database. For details, see the following log:
    "C:\Users\MK\AppData\Local\Temp\2\Create-ABSStore-HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain_rtc-[2014_11_13][14_35_20].log"
    VERBOSE: Installing "ApplicationStore" on HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\rtc, collocated: False
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.RgsConfigDatabase'****
    Checking state for database rgsconfig.
    Database created by script "RgsConfigDatabase" already exists and is current.
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.RgsDynDatabase'****
    Checking state for database rgsdyn.
    Database created by script "RgsDynDatabase" already exists and is current.
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.CpsDynDatabase'****
    State of database cpsdyn is DbState_RequiresMinorUpgrade.
    Database cpsdyn set to mode Restricted.
    Dropping all procedures, functions and views from database cpsdyn.
    Executing CpsDyn.sql...
    Setting owner for database cpsdyn to sa.
    Creating login MyDomain\RTCUniversalReadOnlyAdmins.
    Creating user MyDomain\RTCUniversalReadOnlyAdmins.
    Creating Schema MyDomain\RTCUniversalReadOnlyAdmins.
    Creating login MyDomain\RTCUniversalServerAdmins.
    Creating user MyDomain\RTCUniversalServerAdmins.
    Creating Schema MyDomain\RTCUniversalServerAdmins.
    Adding account MyDomain\RTCComponentUniversalServices to role ReadWriteRole.
    Adding account MyDomain\RTCUniversalServerAdmins to role ReadWriteRole.
    Adding account MyDomain\RTCUniversalReadOnlyAdmins to role ReadOnlyRole.
    Setting database version: Schema Version 1, Sproc Version 1, Update Version 2.
    Setting the database cpsdyn to multi user mode.
    Database cpsdyn is set to multi user mode.
    "C:\Users\MK\AppData\Local\Temp\2\Create-ApplicationStore-HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain_rtc-[2014_11_13][14_35_37].log"
    VERBOSE: Installing "ArchivingStore" on HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\arc, collocated: False
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.ArchivingDatabase'****
    Trying to connect to Sql Server HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\arc. using windows authentication...
    Checking state for database LcsLog.
    Database created by script "ArchivingDatabase" already exists and is current.
    "C:\Users\MK\AppData\Local\Temp\2\Create-ArchivingStore-HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain_arc-[2014_11_13][14_35_51].log"
    VERBOSE: Installing "MonitoringStore" on HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\mon, collocated: False
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.MonitoringDatabase'****
    Trying to connect to Sql Server HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\mon. using windows authentication...
    State of database LcsCDR is DbState_RequiresMinorUpgrade.
    WARNING: The database LcsCDR being updated has data file path at
    \\HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\C$\CsData\MonitoringStore\mon\DbPath\LcsCDR.mdf and supplied data file path is
    \\HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\F$\CsData\MonitoringStore\mon\DbPath\LcsCDR.mdf. Supplied path will be ignored.
    WARNING: The database LcsCDR being updated has log file path at
    \\HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\C$\CsData\MonitoringStore\mon\LogPath\LcsCDR.ldf and supplied data file path is
    \\HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\F$\CsData\MonitoringStore\mon\LogPath\LcsCDR.ldf. Supplied path will be ignored.
    Database LcsCDR set to mode Restricted.
    Dropping all procedures, functions and views from database LcsCDR.
    Executing CdrDb.sql...
    Setting owner for database LcsCDR to sa.
    Creating login MyDomain\CSAdministrator.
    Creating user MyDomain\CSAdministrator.
    Creating Schema MyDomain\CSAdministrator.
    Adding account MyDomain\RTCComponentUniversalServices to role ReportsReadOnlyRole.
    Adding account MyDomain\CSAdministrator to role ReportsReadOnlyRole.
    Setting database version: Schema Version 39, Sproc Version 82, Update Version 2.
    Setting the database LcsCDR to multi user mode.
    Database LcsCDR is set to multi user mode.
    SQL Server Agent is running and its start mode was detected as Auto.
    Executing CdrJobs.sql...
    ****Creating DbSetupInstance for 'Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.QoEMetricsDatabase'****
    Checking state for database QoEMetrics.
    State of database QoEMetrics is DbState_RequiresMinorUpgrade.
    WARNING: The database QoEMetrics being updated has data file path at
    \\HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\C$\CsData\MonitoringStore\mon\DbPath\QoEMetrics.mdf and supplied data file path is
    \\HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\F$\CsData\MonitoringStore\mon\DbPath\QoEMetrics.mdf. Supplied path will be ignored.
    WARNING: The database QoEMetrics being updated has log file path at
    \\HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\C$\CsData\MonitoringStore\mon\LogPath\QoEMetrics.ldf and supplied data file path is
    \\HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain\F$\CsData\MonitoringStore\mon\LogPath\QoEMetrics.ldf. Supplied path will be ignored.
    Database QoEMetrics set to mode Restricted.
    Dropping all procedures, functions and views from database QoEMetrics.
    Executing QoEDb.sql...
    Setting owner for database QoEMetrics to sa.
    Setting database version: Schema Version 62, Sproc Version 90, Update Version 1.
    Setting the database QoEMetrics to multi user mode.
    Database QoEMetrics is set to multi user mode.
    SQL Server Agent is running and its start mode was detected as Auto.
    Executing QoEJobs.sql...
    "C:\Users\MK\AppData\Local\Temp\2\Create-MonitoringStore-HQ-LYNC2013-BE.MyDomain_mon-[2014_11_13][14_35_51].log"
    VERBOSE: No changes were made to the Central Management Store.
    VERBOSE: Creating new log file
    "C:\Users\MK\AppData\Local\Temp\2\Install-CsDatabase-82d6613c-f2e3-47e6-8fc4-8f75d2efe6e4.html".
    WARNING: "Install-CsDatabase" processing has completed with warnings. "5" warnings were recorded during this run.
    WARNING: Detailed results can be found at
    "C:\Users\MK\AppData\Local\Temp\2\Install-CsDatabase-82d6613c-f2e3-47e6-8fc4-8f75d2efe6e4.html".
    PS C:\Users\MK>
    I hope some one can confirm no issue with what I did ??
    Kind Regards
    MK

• Sound loss, crashes and other problems

Hello,
    I have been having some serious problems over the past several months.
    In the past it was fairly manageable, but recently things have been getting worse.
    I have a 12-inch PowerBook G4, I bought it at the McGill bookstore in October 2004. The first problem was the apparently random crashes that Mac OS X (v.10.4.8) would experience from time to time. It was fairly infrequent at first so it didn't bother me too much (and I thought it was just some sort of glitch). But it persisted and came to be expected.
    What would happen is that my screen would darken and center box would appear telling me, "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button." (it would display this message in English, French, German, and Japanese for my convenience). After I restart the computer I get the message, "The computer was restarted after Mac OS X quit unexpectedly". At first it seemed to be linked to time; after a while it would just crash, sometimes after an hour or so, sometimes after as little as five minutes. (I fear as I write this that I will have to start over). More recently I've come to associate the crashes with movement of the computer; perhaps the battery (which is pretty much dead after so much use) is affecting the performance, I don't know.
    The next problem, which coincided with the crashes, was my clock being reset. I assumed this was directly associated with the spontaneous shutdown of the computer, yet though the crashes continued, the clock was not always reset (just about a third of the time). This was a pretty frustrating inconvenience given the frequency of the crashes at the beginning.
    The major problem that prompted me to take action was the lose of sound. One day, about a month ago now, my sound suddenly stopped working. At first I thought it was a hardware problem, but then I noticed the sound was still working with some things and just not others. For example, the sound increase/decrease indicator (the 'pop' sound when turning up or down the sound) stopped working, yet the startup sound still worked. I've found that Realplayer, MPlayer X 2, and Windows Media Player work fine but iTunes, VLC, and Quicktime don't. Most of the applications simply don't make sound but when I try to video in VLC I get the following error: "auhal: we cannot find our HAL component" or "auhal: audio-device var does not exist. device probe failed."
    Other minor errors I have come across include inability to detect the Airport card (remedied upon restarting the computer) and occasional seizing up of the keyboard (the letter keys, exclusively, were unresponsive for sometime before working again suddenly without need of restart).
    I've run diagnostic tools such as Disk Utility and the 'fsck' command in single-user mode, but nothing has been detected. It consistently comes up saying that everything is alright.
    I have backed-up all important files and programs (with the exception of my Firefox bookmarks, do you know how I can save those?) and am prepared to do whatever it takes to bring my computer back to working order. I need my computer for schoolwork and assignments so if I can fix it myself in anyway... I would prefer to avoid lengthly repairs if possible.
    Please let me know what my options are, and/or possible things I can do to repair these problems. This whole affair is, unsurprisingly, driving me crazy.
    One last thing, upon launching Microsoft Word, I get the following pop-up:
    The application "Word" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "3<Microsoft Word><Microsoft Word><MicrosoftLSLibZ>"
    I do not know whether this is linked to my other problems or not. This too, is something that has recently come up and is significantly affecting my work (I have had to switch to writing my essays on TextEdit).
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Eric Oosenbrug

Hi, Eric.
    1. You wrote: "...my screen would darken and center box would appear telling me, "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button.""You are describing the following message:
    That indicates a kernel panic. Failure to address these when they first arise can result in bad problems becoming worse.
    See my "Resolving Kernel Panics" FAQ. This FAQ includes step-by-step instructions for identifying and resolving some of the most common causes of kernel panics. The FAQ is a roadmap: start at the beginning and work systematically through the end, i.e. the "If all else fails..." section.
    2. You wrote: "…upon launching Microsoft Word, I get the following pop-up:
    I do not know whether this is linked to my other problems or not."It's probably related. Failure to address the kernel panics when they first arose may have resulted in a corrupted OS. I discuss shared library errors in my "Troubleshooting shared library errors" FAQ.
    Good luck!
    Dr. Smoke
    Author: Troubleshooting Mac® OS X
    Note: The information provided in the link(s) above is freely available. However, because I own The X Lab™, a commercial Web site to which some of these links point, the Apple Discussions Terms of Use require I include the following disclosure statement with this post:
    I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.

• I'm thinking of upgrading from 10.6.8 Snow Leopard to OS X Yosemite. Does anyone know of any problems associated with this? What are the implications / consequences of installing Yosemite? Does it effect functionality of v10.6.8 software or hardware?

I'm thinking of upgrading from v10.6.8 Snow Leopard to OS X Yosemite. I know, I'm years behind, but it has become a necessity. My Mac is becoming slow and is incompatible with many softwares and websites. Does anyone know of any problems associated with this upgrade? What are the implications and/or consequences of installing Yosemite? Does it effect functionality of v10.6.8 software or hardware? Are there any precautions I should take before the installation? I have read some posts about Macs slowing right down after installing Yosemite. Any insights and information (in layman's terms please!) would be very useful. Thanks.

Huge thanks for your response Michel. I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I have done as you suggested, the details are pasted below. Clearly there are some applications I need to remove and no doubt my HD could do with a 'spring clean'. My Mac 'Safe Booted' when I turned it on this morning.
    I use many different softwares, some web-based. The decision to upgrade to OSX Yosemite is because I was unable to attend a Webinar this week using GoToMeeting downloadable software. GoToMeeting have upgraded their system and my OS is no longer supported. Other websites like VImeo no longer support my version of Safari. I tend to use Chrome if Safari isn't compatible.
    Problem description:
    I'm thinking of upgrading from v10.6.8 Snow Leopard to OS X Yosemite. However I have noticed that my MacBook Pro becoming ‘slow’ over the last 3 weeks and therefore might have some issues that need to be resolved before I even consider installing OSX Yosemite. Over the last week my Mac has Safe Booted on three occasions, so clearly there’s a ‘glitch’ occurring.
    EtreCheck version: 2.1.1 (104)
    Report generated 6 December 2014 10:21:01 GMT
    Hardware Information: ℹ️
      MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011) (Verified)
      MacBook Pro - model: MacBookPro8,2
      1 2 GHz Intel Core i7 CPU: 4-core
      4 GB RAM
      BANK 0/DIMM0
      2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz ok
      BANK 1/DIMM0
      2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz ok
      Bluetooth: Old - Handoff/Airdrop2 not supported
      Wireless:  en1: 802.11 a/b/g/n
    Video Information: ℹ️
      AMD Radeon HD 6490M - VRAM: 256 MB
      Color LCD 1440 x 900
      Intel HD Graphics 3000 - VRAM: 384 MB
    System Software: ℹ️
      Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549) - Uptime: 0:35:42
    Disk Information: ℹ️
      Hitachi HTS545050B9A302 disk0 : (465.76 GB)
      S.M.A.R.T. Status: Verified
      - (disk0s1) <not mounted> : 210 MB
      Macintosh HD (disk0s2) / : 499.76 GB (236.21 GB free)
      HL-DT-ST DVDRW  GS31N 
    USB Information: ℹ️
      Apple Inc. FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)
      Apple Inc. Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad
      Apple Inc. BRCM2070 Hub
      Apple Inc. Bluetooth USB Host Controller
      Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0
      Apple Computer, Inc. IR Receiver
    Thunderbolt Information: ℹ️
      Apple, Inc. MacBook Pro
    Configuration files: ℹ️
      /etc/launchd.conf - Exists
    Adware: ℹ️
      Geneio [Remove]
    Kernel Extensions: ℹ️
      /System/Library/Extensions
      [not loaded] com.flipvideo.IOUSBCameraMassStorage (1.0.1) [Support]
      [loaded] com.microsoft.driver.MicrosoftMouse (8.2) [Support]
      /System/Library/Extensions/MicrosoftMouse.kext/Contents/PlugIns
      [not loaded] com.microsoft.driver.MicrosoftMouseBluetooth (8.2) [Support]
      [loaded] com.microsoft.driver.MicrosoftMouseUSB (8.2) [Support]
    Startup Items: ℹ️
      HWNetMgr: Path: /Library/StartupItems/HWNetMgr
      HWPortDetect: Path: /Library/StartupItems/HWPortDetect
      Startup items are obsolete in OS X Yosemite
    Problem System Launch Daemons: ℹ️
      [not loaded] org.samba.winbindd.plist [Support]
    Launch Agents: ℹ️
      [running] com.flipvideo.FlipShare.AutoRun.plist [Support]
      [loaded] com.google.keystone.agent.plist [Support]
      [running] com.trusteer.rapport.rapportd.plist [Support]
    Launch Daemons: ℹ️
      [loaded] com.adobe.fpsaud.plist [Support]
      [running] com.flipvideo.FlipShareServer.launchd.plist [Support]
      [loaded] com.google.keystone.daemon.plist [Support]
      [running] com.trusteer.rooks.rooksd.plist [Support]
    User Launch Agents: ℹ️
      [loaded] com.adobe.ARM.[...].plist [Support]
      [failed] [email protected] [Details]
      [invalid?] com.citrixonline.GoToMeeting.G2MUpdate.plist [Support]
      [loaded] com.genieo.completer.download.plist Adware! [Remove]
      [loaded] com.genieo.completer.update.plist Adware! [Remove]
    User Login Items: ℹ️
      None
    Internet Plug-ins: ℹ️
      o1dbrowserplugin: Version: 5.38.6.0 - SDK 10.8 [Support]
      Google Earth Web Plug-in: Version: 7.1 [Support]
      OfficeLiveBrowserPlugin: Version: 12.3.6 [Support]
      RealPlayer Plugin: Version: Unknown
      AdobePDFViewerNPAPI: Version: 10.1.12 [Support]
      FlashPlayer-10.6: Version: 15.0.0.239 - SDK 10.6 [Support]
      Flash Player: Version: 15.0.0.239 - SDK 10.6 [Support]
      iPhotoPhotocast: Version: 7.0 - SDK 10.7
      googletalkbrowserplugin: Version: 5.38.6.0 - SDK 10.8 [Support]
      QuickTime Plugin: Version: 7.6.6
      AdobePDFViewer: Version: 10.1.12 [Support]
      CANONiMAGEGATEWAYDL: Version: 2.1.0.1 [Support]
      CANONiMAGEGATEWAYLI: Version: 2.1.0.1 [Support]
      EPPEX Plugin: Version: 3.0.5.0 [Support]
      JavaAppletPlugin: Version: 13.9.8 - SDK 10.6 Check version
    User internet Plug-ins: ℹ️
      BrowserPlus_2.9.8: Version: 2.9.8 [Support]
      CitrixOnlineWebDeploymentPlugin: Version: 1.0.105 [Support]
    Safari Extensions: ℹ️
      Omnibar Adware! [Remove]
      My eBay Manager
      Add To Amazon Wish List
    Audio Plug-ins: ℹ️
      iSightAudio: Version: 7.6.6
    3rd Party Preference Panes: ℹ️
      3ivx MPEG-4  [Support]
      BrowserPlus  [Support]
      Flash Player  [Support]
      Microsoft Mouse  [Support]
      Perian  [Support]
      Trusteer Endpoint Protection  [Support]
    Time Machine: ℹ️
      Time Machine information requires OS X 10.7 "Lion" or later.
    Top Processes by CPU: ℹ️
          26% Safari
          2% WindowServer
          2% activitymonitord
          1% PluginProcess
          0% WebProcess
    Top Processes by Memory: ℹ️
      405 MB WebProcess
      301 MB Safari
      125 MB Mail
      116 MB rapportd
      116 MB mds
    Virtual Memory Information: ℹ️
      1.02 GB Free RAM
      1.78 GB Active RAM
      429 MB Inactive RAM
      1.07 GB Wired RAM
      422 MB Page-ins
      0 B Page-outs
    Diagnostics Information: ℹ️
      Dec 6, 2014, 09:45:53 AM Self test - passed
      Dec 5, 2014, 11:49:18 PM QTKitServer_2014-12-05-234918_[redacted].crash

• The problem is with the new operating system  and sending photo via email when used in my iPad.   From photo I selected 3 photos to send via email. I choose the upload key and choose to send by email. Typing text on the email is very slow.

The problem is with the new operating system  and sending photo via email when used in my iPad.
    From photo I selected 3 photos to send via email. I choose the upload key and choose to send by email. Typing text on the email is very slow. This is solved by saving the email as a draft and opening the email again from mail.
    Can you amend he system to allow emails to be sent from photo as previously.

Have you tried restarting or resetting your iPad?
    Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after the iPad shuts down, then press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.
    Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10 seconds). Ignore the "Slide to power off"

• Compatibility issue between your power management system and Windows 8.1

I have purchased a new Lenovo Ideapad S410 and have this problem.
           Compatibility issue between your power management system and Windows
           It also gives a message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. (100% complete)
           If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error:
    VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR
    Please help! My laptop is only 5 days old.

What model do you have? Can you post your MTM or model name?
    Sometimes these messages are a false alarm.

Maybe you are looking for

• Xcelsious Engage 2008 Compatibility with BO XI 3.1 SP3 Integration kit

Hi Experts, I have installed BO XI R3.1 SP3,Crystal Reports 2008 SP3,Live Office,SAP GUI ,Xcelsius Engage 2008. 1)I want to install BO XI R3.1 SP3 Integration tool kit for SAP Solutions.Can you please tell me that above installed Xcelsius release is

• Uninstall, then Reinstall--Music Lost?

I've had too many problems with my iPhone 3G. Someone suggested that I may have a corrupted file in my iTunes which is causing problems with the phone. They suggested that I uninstall iTunes and reinstall. If I uninstall iTunes, will I lose all my mu

• Nokia 208 problems with Opera Mini

I have a Nokia 208 (Single SIM) and I can not install Opera Mini on him. The application is downloaded but not installed. When I want to install the application, it shows me: "Installing ..." and remains locked so. And after some time it says: "Unabl

• Swaps are marked red in ST02

Swaps are banded red in ST02 how to come out of it. It is showing as below: program                93,28   240.000      1.253       0,54    60.000     54.069      90,12 79.874  258.846 CUA                    98,93    12.000      1.466      14,62    

• Strangest problem ever (USB controller makes G5 go crazy at startup)

OK, this is the strangest thing I've ever seen. I got a new dual core G5 (2.0 ghz), and have been playing with it and setting it up all day. At the end of the day I plug in my Playstation 1 dualshock controller via a Radioshack USB adapter. This work