Power to T61

Hi,
   I have a T-61 which is still in the Warranty Period. It does not receive power from the adapter anymore. I checked and the adapter works by itself and so does the battery. For some reason it is not receiving any power from the adapter. I have tried calling the customer care and i am still on hold for the past 3 hours now. Someone please help me ASAP. this is really annoying.

Hi,
Did you ever get an answer to your problem? I have that problem now. I assume I have to send the laptop off to Lenovo or other repair, but I just wanted to check.
Thanks,
Marcia

Similar Messages

• Prob. installing Power Manager T61

Hi,
    when i try to install the Power Manager on a T61 i get the errror message "Error occured while copying files" during setup. Try different installations without success. Any idea?
    thanks
    Kai

I would suggest going to http://www.lenovo.com/de/de/index.html and navigate to the Downloads und Treiber page, letting the page detect your system. Once you are on the correct page for your machine, download System Update. Install System Update and then let it manage the installation of the drivers you need.
    If you already have tried to install Power Manager and have a non-functioning installation, un-install it first. You are correct about the interoperability and sequence of installing certain modules. The System Update does a good job of sorting that out. Good luck!
    T520 4239-CTO
    T61/p 6459-CTO (Gone but not forgotten)
    A31/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
    A30/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
    TP600 Win 2K 288 mb memory
    701C Win 98 Don't ask

• Does T61 with integrated graphic card come with 65W power adapters?

Hi everyone, i am about to buy T61 without the graphic card.
    Plz help!, anyone knows it comes with which type of power adapters?? say 65W or 90W
    Thank you

integrated graphic card model should come with 65 w power adapter... while those Nvidia one has 90 w power adapter..

• T61 Buzz coming from upper left hand side when on battery power.

I have had 2 or 3 T61's exhibt the same problem. When the laptop is on battery power, I hear a very annoying buzzing noise coming from the upper left hand corner of the laptop. It seems to originate right next to the exhaust vent next to the speaker. Does anyone know what can be causing this? I have the most recent BIOS update as well. The second the unit is plugged back into A/C power, the sound disappeares.
    Its driving me crazy!!

This is a hardware problem or glitch with the older Core 2 Duo processor, it was industry wide problem, there is no real fixes for it, other than to turn power saving features off and put the processor at max performance on battery. 
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• T61 power adaptors do nothing - won't run computer & won't charge battery

My T61 suddenly won't run on the power adaptor, or charge the battery.   I have several OEM power adaptors and none of them do anything plugged into this T61.  The computer runs fine on a battery charged in another T61.

Assuming the power adapters are good, you'll need to replace the motherboard.
    ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 4gb ram...ThinkPad A-31 (1.9ghz P4 1.5gb ram)

• T61 won't sleep on AC Power

I have a T61 with Windows Ultimate, 3GB memory, 100GB disk
    I cannot get this computer to sleep on A/C power.  I have tried every power setting and advaced power setting I can find.  It sleeps on battery but it won't sleep when plugged in.
    Does anyone have any thoughts?

ACPI driver from lenovo tell allows a windows unit to use the hibernation feature of a unit.
    That can be found here. 
    The other piece of software from lenovo is the power managment program. This gives advaced controls and provides an interface for sleep hibernation...etc.
    That can be found at the links below.
    ->click here for XP
    -> click here for Vista.
    For hibernation it does require a bit of HDD space to commence, so if you are low on HDD space try to free a bit up(equal to the amount of memory you have)
    If reinstalling the above does not solve problem please attempt to provide as much detail as possible about the unit's configuration.

• New T61 will not power on unless plugged into AC Power

Hello all,
    I am a new owner of a T61 laptop and so far I love it.  Though, I have found something rather weird.  I cannot power on my laptop with just battery power.  I have to plug it in to power it on.  From that point on, I can run off of battery power.  I have a 9-cell battery.  Once the laptop is powered up, it reads as 100% battery power.  I would really appreciate any ideas or tips that anyone may have.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Sounds like a bad battery. We received a shipment of 30 T61's in which 17 of them had bad batteries straight out of the box. Exact same symptom as yours. You should contact your Lenovo or the store you bought your laptop from. Last year, Lenovo recalled defective batteries for T60s.

• My t61 - no power after changing the power jack

Hello guys,
    So the long story short , the power jack on my t61 wasn't working.I bought the new one , changed it today , I am pluging it -no power at all.I dont think its the charger as up until the end it was working , its here to say i havent started the laptop for about 3 months .It was a pain to start it before , i had to twist the power jack in every possible was just to make it power on.So my concern right now is whether the motherboard is dead or not.
    Please anything you have like a clue will be more that appritiated!
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

There isn't much required to get the power light to come on. It is possible you shorted something out. IT is possible something isn't plugged in all the way. Even if the CPU isn't in or the memory isn't seated, you would get the power light. Is it possible that all the twisting before broke the wire between the ac adapter and the machine? Can you get another power supply to try?

• T61 reacts to power button but stays silent

I recently dropped my Thinkpad T61 (model 6459). The laptop was off and in a padded bag, but apparently the fall was still sufficient to cause a problem. If it's at all relevant, it appears to have fallen such that the screen's top-left corner (if looking at the laptop while open) hit the bottom of the bag.
    Now, when I push the power button, the battery and power-plug LED's below the display light up for about a second. The LED next to the two USB ports on the right also lights up. The fan does not spin up, the screen does not turn on, and the system makes no noise.
    The system doesn't react to the power button for about five seconds after the LED's turn off. Pushing it after that just yields the same behavior: LED's on for one second.
    If plugged in, the battery is charged and the LED's reflect the charging state.
    I have tried reseating the DIMM.
    Do these symptoms seem familiar to anyone? I understand the most likely culprit is the system board, but before I go hunting for one on eBay I'd like to see if there are more specific diagnostics I could do to narrow the problem.
    Thanks.

You should probably take apart your laptop and then put it back again, to make sure all the connection hasn't came loose during the fall. Also try to reseat your CPU and fan/heat sink.
    You could also try to reflow your motherboard as the last resort, there is video on the internet that teaches you how. 
    Here is the hardware manual that teaches you how. 
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-67980.html
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• My T61 reboots after i hybernate (while on AC power) - Help!

I just purchased a new T61, which I'm very happy with.
    While my laptop is docked, if I hybernate, my PC shuts off and then automatically reboots.
    So I'm forced to hold down the power button on the dock in order to shut off my computer.
    Anyone else experiencing this problem?  Plz help!!

@Corvette2010
    Disable anything which has to do with waking unless you need it.
    @George
    new one on me, thanks, something else to file away in the grey cells
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• T61, WinXP SP2: Windows Power Options vs Thinkpad Power Manager (Standby/LID/etc)

My message is similar to this one:
    http://forum.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=T_Series_Thinkpads&message.id=4885
    but show clear source of problem.
    So I start...
    I have [brand new ] T61 with XP SP2 Russian, installed from R&R disks from Lenovo through Vista Downgrade deal.
    1. I set Windows Power Management (W.P.M.) to:
    - standby when closing lid
    - asks for password after wake up from Anabiosis (standby or hibernate).
    2. Close lid -- notebook go to standby; open lid -- notebook wakes up. Fine.
    3. Close lid -- nothing to do. Open lid - notebook runned a usual, no standby preparations ;(
    4. Go to ThinkPad Power Manager (TP.P.M.) (useful left-click from Big Green Gauge in taskbar) -- all settings looks fine: options, checkboxes etc.
    5. Open W.P.M. -- all settings messed up with random values:
    - "no action" on closing lid
    - "asks for password" checkbox not checked (this field varies through few tests).
    6. Setting up needed options in W.P.M. again, repeat steps 2..3..4 -- nothing changes: W.P.M. saves options for first close lid action, then options messed up.
    ==================================
    As I see, ThinkPad Power Manager builds on top of Windows Power Management and overwrites its options on some actions (power up/power down/close lid/etc) in unsmart way, turn off close lid action and bring *potentially security breach* by resetting option for asking password.
    My other experience on close/open lid:
    - Very old R43 at my work acts fine. TP.P.M. installed.
    - HP 6820s works fine with standard W.P.M.
    - HP nx7010 works fine with standard W.P.M.
    Software versions:
    - ThinkPad Power Management Driver: 1.44
    - ThinkPad Power Manager: 1.30b
    - All the hotfixes listed in similar topics installed by R&R disks
    I... am... VERY... DISAPPOINTED! (c) Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg
    Is there a way to fix this TP Power Management suite behaviour?
    Should I reinstall some of components?
    Can I throw out TP Power Management toys and use WinXP native Power Management, ot there will be some ghosts like "yellow undrivered question marks" in Device Manager?
    Thank you.
    Moderator Note; converted to clickable link
    Message Edited by andyP on 04-22-2008 09:37 AM

I solved this trouble without Lenovo intervention:
    - create clean WinXP Pro setup disk from R&R recovery diskset and install WinXP from it;
    - install all the TP utilities & drivers manually, checking LID Close/LID open actions twice after each program;
    - make full system backup (not R&R way) every 3..4 installed programs.
    Entire process spend one week of my time.
    Message Edited by abcdenis on 05-10-2008 03:51 AM

• T61 hangs after power outage

Anyone every hear of this
    I have several T61's that when the power drops the pcs hang up and need to be powered down and restarted to get everything back up and running
    They are in docking stations when this happens and vary between xp sp3 and vista machines.

I don't think that it is the power OUTAGE that is the problem but the power SURGE that is created when a large building comes back online at the same time. I just called one of the ladies in the other building and had her pull power supply and plug it back in, NO problem. That building has a natural gas generator that is supposed to kick in but they had to work on it several times. When I was there during one of the split second outages, My desktop monitor turned off for a brief second but the PC didn't die. But 6 of the T60's had to be reset, other brands of laptops or older model IBM's were OK, ??????? 

• T61 with Win 7 RTM won't sleep on AC power, will sleep on battery power

Wanted to start a new thread on this since the previous similar thread discusses the Win 7 beta and other issues while I and at least one other person have this same problem with Win 7 RTM.
    My T61 (8891-CTO) will not go to sleep / suspend  when plugged in on AC power  running Win 7 RTM and current Win 7 Beta Drivers.   It will Hibernate on AC power.  It will sleep / suspend fine when on battery power. 
    When on AC power, the screen will dim when I try to get it to sleep but it will never actually suspend.   Moving the mouse turns the display back on and gives the Windows login screen.
    Since everything else is working fine and sleep works on battery power but not AC, I have to assume this is a driver issue.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Michael
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

I figured out what was causing the problem on my system, so maybe this will help someone else.
    The Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service was preventing my T61 from sleeping.  I stopped and disabled this service.  Sleep is working great now.

• T61 Changing battery while on AC wall power

Newbie Needs Advice: This T61 is my first Laptop and I am still learning:
    (1) While plugged into my AC wall power adapter and the computer running programs, can I take the battery in or out?
    (2) Vice Versa - while running on the battery and the computer running programs, can I plug in or disconnet the AC wall power adapter?
    Thanks!
    T7500, XP Pro, 1 GB ram, 14.l Widescreen

From Online Help (Blue Button). I think that's a fairly authoritive source.
    Before you start, turn off the computer, or enter hibernation mode.
    Close the computer display. Note: If you are using a PC Card, the computer may not be able to enter hibernation mode. If this happens, turn off the computer.
    Disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the computer.
    Turn the computer over. Unlock the battery latch by sliding to the left.
    Holding the latch in the unlocked position, remove the battery.
    Install a fully charged battery.
    Slide the battery latch to the locked position.  
    Turn the computer over again. Connect the ac adapter and the cables to the computer.
    Message Edited by mixz1 on 06-25-2008 02:01 PM
    T520 4239-CTO
    T61/p 6459-CTO (Gone but not forgotten)
    A31/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
    A30/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
    TP600 Win 2K 288 mb memory
    701C Win 98 Don't ask

• T61 not automatically switching power settings

I have a T61 running Windows XP SP3 with Power Manager version 1.51a.
    In my power schemes, I have set up different display brightness levels for BatterySettings and AC Settings.  However, when I unplug my AC adapter, I do not see the brightness dim at all.
    If, after unplugging or plugging in, I re-select my Power Scheme and Apply, the brightness is correctly adjusted.
    The Thinkpad PM Service is started, as is the Power Manager DBC Service.
    I think I am missing something farily simple that is not causing the power manager service to detect and switch modes.

Try More Networks . Mobile Networks / Network Ops / Search and select EE.

Maybe you are looking for