Presario-C​Q56 Intel Celeron Dual-Core T3500

Hi,
I am wondering if I am able to upgrade my Processor to a Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T9550.
I currently have a  Intel Celeron Dual-Core T3500, Both processes run on the Penryn PGA478 Socket. So I would assume there wouldn't be an issue? 
Any answers regarding this would be much appreciated.
Cheers.
This question was solved.
View Solution.

The information you just provided is enough.
I wish that I had better news to give you.
Unfortunately there is no BIOS support for the T9500 Core 2 duo CPU. The actual issue is the Intel GL-40 chipset on the systemboard. It does not support the mobile Core2 duo CPUs
The following image shows the only two CPUs that are guaranteed compatible. Neither one has the grunt of a Core2duo CPU.
reference source: Maintenence & Service Guide for the Compaq Presario CQ56 Notebook PC and HP G56 Notebook PC
****Please click on Accept As Solution if a suggestion solves your problem. It helps others facing the same problem to find a solution easily****
2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience Consumer

Similar Messages

• [Solved] Problem: Celeron Dual Core identified as Core i7

Hello, I'm new in this forum and in Arch linux, so excuse me if I'm not clear. I want to rebuilt all my system and have it optimized for my computer. I have an Intel Celeron Dual Core.
    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor : 0
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 37
    model name : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU P4500 @ 1.87GHz
    As you can see in the model line it identifies my dual core as core i7. I checked this page http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Safe_Cflags/Intel and it say that Intel Celeron Dual Core is model 15 and/or 23, but my system identifies it as 37.
    I tryed these commands and they also identifies my cpu as corei7:
    cc -march=native -E -v - </dev/null 2>&1 | grep cc1
    gcc -Q --help=target -march=native
    I am afraid that I'll have problems if I rebuild all my system with CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe". What do you advise me to do?
    Last edited by NotFromBrooklyn (2011-09-16 18:21:39)

Inxsible wrote:
    Why is this thread in Creating & Modifying packages?
    Moving to Kernel & Hardware...
    I believe that he intends to recompile everything (not just his kernel).
    @OP:
    Recompiling your kernel is only worth it if you modify the .config. Rebuilding everything else is pretty much useless (unless you want to add buffer overflow protection etc.).
    See: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=555856

• Upgrading Intel Pentium Dual Core T2060 processor on my Sat Pro - A120-223

Hello,
    This is my basic system:
    Toshiba Satellite Pro A120-223
    Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core T2060 1.6 GHz
    RAM: 4GB upgraded recently ;-)
    CHIPSET: 945GM
    FSB: 533MHz
    Is it possible to upgrade my processor? If yes, which Intel processor can I upgrade to? I know that my FSB will limit my options, but is there anyway to go around this..? I??m a business student so I handle large statistical software packages; I also do multi-media work for my presentations; I realised that my current processor just about handles ok in intense calculations, but I was hoping for something better and more stable?
    If there is a way to upgrade my processor, I??m willing to do it, but if not, then I would just have to settle for this one.
    Thank you all for your help, I look forward to reading all your posts.
    Mo98183

Hi buddy,
    maybe you should read this topic which is related to your question:
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums//thread.jspa?messageID=104254
    The statement in this thread is simply: Its not possible.
    Check it out.
    Cheers

• Change Pocessor, what's compatible. Have: HP Presario V6000 (V6103EA) intel celeron 420 @1,60GHz

HP Presario V6000 Notebook (V6103EA)
    Win XP 32
    Need to upgrade:
    Now: Intel Celeron M 420 @1,60GHz
    Want: 2.5GHz or Higher
    Compatible Processor, Sockets?
    Now: Fujitsu MHV2080BH PL     64,1Gb
    Want: 250 Gb or Higher
    Compatible harddriver? 

Hi:
    Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.
    http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01035886.pdf
    Supported processors are listed in chapter 1, page 1 - 2.
    Supported hard drives go to 200 GB that HP offered.
    So, I see no reason why you can't install a 250 - 320 GB hard drive in your notebook.
    SATA I or II, but it will only run at the SATA I transfer speed.
    5,400 RPM for longer battery time between charges or 7,200 RPM for better performance.
    Paul

• Gestetner Aficio CS225 on iMac Intel 2Ghz Dual Core, OSX 10.4.10

Could anyone help me to setup this multifunction printer on a new iMac Intel?
    I've downloaded from Gestetner site the latest ppd (y. 2002, vers. 1.1), and put it into Library/Printers/PPDS/Contents/REsources/en.lproj but when trying to add a new printer in Print Center I can't match the right ppd, only a generic postscript printer. But this generic ppd doesn't dupport A3 paper format.
    Could anybody suggest a solution?
    Thank you in advance.

Welcome To  Discussions silvia2k!
    I'm not at all familiar with that printer, but here are some observations.
    "...(ppd (y. 2002, vers. 1.1),..."
    On the Gestetner Driver Download Page, under Color Multifunctional, there are two versions listed for the C5225, v1.0 & v1.1, both with dates of 1999.
    But if you notice, no matter which you choose, you can only get a download for v1.0.
    The URL/Links listed below, are different, but they both lead to v1.0, when you select Mac OS X.
    v1.0
    v1.1
    "... put it into Library/Printers/PPDS/Contents/REsources/en.lproj..."
    But whichever one you need, I think you must install it.
    Quoted from that website:
    "PPD Installer
    This PPD installer is used to install a PPD (Postscript Printer Description) file on Mac OSX. PPD files contain descriptions of printer capabilities such as paper sizes, number of input trays and duplexing. Once the PPD file is installed on the system using the PPD installer, the PS driver that comes bundled with Mac OS X can use the information in the PPD to control the print device and enable full functionality. Please see the Readme file for information about compatability with versions of Mac OS X."
    ali b

• My iMac freezes up, Snow Leopard Intel-based dual-core

Hello everyone,
    My first posting here, unfortunately not a happy one. I have a 2006 iMac, with a built in camera, 320GB 2GB RAM and Snow Leopard installed. No windows bootcamp installed.
    For the last few weeks I've been noticing the computer getting slower and slower. Last night I ran the Disk utility and found there were some issues with the hard disk. I next ran the disk utility from the Installation DVD and fixed the errors, and subsequently ran disk utility again only to get a notification back there were no further issuese with the hard drive.
    The new problem now, is the computer takes over five minutes to reboot (stays on the white screen after coming on all this time) and once up is slowly becomes completely unresponsive. The screen has horizontal lines across it and after a few minutes it is as if nothing is happening on it. I can still move the mouse, but clicking the mouse does nothing, and even after leaving it like that overnight I was unable to get any response from the computer.
    I was hoping some of you might be able to help me out here.
    Thanks in advance!
    -- Kunal

Ok, so it has been a few weeks since this fix. Problem is, the problem keeps resurfacing every so often. And by every so often I mean every two-three days.
    Fine, not a big bother. Until two days ago, where nothing I do is helping anymore. The computer starts up, and within seconds everything is frozen. I have maybe a 2 minute window in which I can do something, and then the computer starts slowing down. Another ten minutes, in which I can maybe (if I am pushing it) get one email out, and then the screen is frozen. Nothing I do works.
    Any suggestions?

• Turning on Virtualization in Compaq/HP Presario C500 with Dual Core processor

Hoping someone can help me out.
    Running a Compaq Presario C500 laptop with the Dual Core processor. Intel's site says the processor supports virtualization.
    However, in the F.24 A Phoenix BIOS setup (pressing F10 on Startup), there's no option to turn on Intel Virtualization Technology on any of the Tabs. Tried downgrading the BIOS to F.14A -- as the description says; "Adds item to Setup utility (F10) to enable/disable Intel Processor Virtualization Technology."
    However, when I startup, press F10 -- there's no option for turning this on.
    Is there another place to go -- other than the F10 setup area of the BIOS -- to turn on Virtualization Technology?
    If an expert out there can help, it would be very appreciated!

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/processors/toolspiu/?redirector_count=1&
    Did you actually download the identification utility and run the tool?
    Dave
    Did someone help you? Pay it forward. Help someone else.
    NC4400, TC4400 Win 7 Ultimate, xp pro, both dual boot
    a bunch of thinkpads

• Will intel core i7-4790 be compatable replacemetn for intel dual core pentium g620

I have a Lenovo Idea Center K330B with an Intel pentium dual core g620 2.6GHz LGA1155 processor.  I want to replace it with an Intel core i7-4790K 4.0 GHz LGA1155 processor.  Is the i7 processor compatable with my system?  In other words, will I be able to do this?  I would apprecitate it if I could get some helpful information on this.  A yes or no will do, but I'm hoping for more of an explanation than that.  Thank you for any help you can give me with this.
    TonyB

i would say no if there has not been a bios update in a while with a list of currently supported cpus i would only upgrade to ones that came out with the system, so if the fastest k330b was with an i5 760 then thats it
    also the mobo you have is 1155 and that cpu is a 1150
    if you do get another cpu you might need to reformat and install windows as sometime it does not go well
    Thx dave
    yoga 2, lenovo b540
    3 custom gaming pc systems

• Intels Dual-Core technology causes Blue-Screen in LabVIEW 7.1 on Windows XP SP2

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
    last month we've bought a new Notebook with Intel's Dual-Core technology. After installation of LabVIEW 7.1 the system sometimes quit with a blue-screen. The former notebook didn't have this problem.
    Is there a fix-pack or service-pack that correct this problem?
    Yours
    DocDOS aka Timo

DocDOS wrote:
    After installation of LabVIEW 7.1 the system sometimes quit with a blue-screen.
    Does it blue-screen only when running LabVIEW or does it do that randomly, but it never happened before you installed LabVIEW?
    What is the exact message on the blue screen?
    LabVIEW Champion . Do more with less code and in less time .

• I have an hp presario notebook cq60 111em, with a 2ghz intel celeron, can i fit a core 2 duo t7250,

Can i fit a T250 (sla49) CORE 2 DUO 2ghz 800mhz into my HP COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ60 111EM.
    AT this moment in time it has an Intel celeron 575 @ 2.00ghz.
    Two GB of memory, and BIOS F.65,
    The operating system has been upgraded to windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.

Hi:
    Probably not.
    You probably have the Intel GL-40 chipset in your notebook which primarily is for celeron processors.
    There is one model G60 that I know of that has a T3400 Pentium processor in it with the 667 MHz FSB.
    I note that the specs for the GL-40 chipset can take celeron processors with an 800 MHz FSB, but I think a T7250 will not work because it isn't listed anywhere in the service manual as an option -- even for those notebooks with the GM-45 chipset.
    My opinion for what it is worth, is that you may be able to install the T5800 or T5900 processor in your notebook.
    You may even want to be real safe and try the T5750.
    You may find my dialog with this forum member of use to you as well.
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Hardware-Upgrades-Replacements/I-have-a-CQ60-214dx-laptop-I-would-like-...
    Paul

• The difference between Intel core I7 and dual core

I have a 2.7 ghz Intel Core I7 macbook, early 2011.  Can someone tell me the difference between this machine and the new macbooks, 2.4 or 2.6 ghz, dual core?
    Thanks!

Benchmarks:
    http://www.macworld.com/article/2057932/lab-tested-iris-graphics-provide-a-boost -to-new-13-inch-retina-macbook-pro.html

• System crashes when attempting to install 10.6.  Keeps asking to restart.  Computer is a Dual-Core Intel Xeon processor and 2 GB Memory.

I have tried to install 10.6 and when install is complete it says restart.  The computer restarts but keeps coming to a gray screen with a small black box that says to restart.  The processor is 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon with 2 GB of memory.  This should be more than adequate.  Any ideas?  Has anyone encountered this before?  I had to restore 10.5 from Time Machine.

Your sig line says iMac, but TMK no iMacs were ever made with 2x2.66 GHz processors. Is this a Mac Pro you are installing on? Are you using a retail Snow Leopaard DVD?

• DSC 8.6.1 wrong timestamps for logged data with Intel dual core

Problem Description :
    Our LV/DCS 8.6.1 application uses shared variables to log data to Citadel. It is running on many similar computers at many companies just fine, but on one particular Intel Dual Core computer, the data in the Citadel db has strange shifting timestamps. Changing bios to startup using single cpu fixes the problem. Could possibly set only certain NI process(es) to single-cpu instead (but which?). The old DSCEngine.exe in LV/DSC 7 had to be run single-cpu... hadn't these kind of issues been fixed by LV 8.6.1 yet?? What about LV 2009, anybody know?? Or is it a problem in the OS or hardware, below the NI line??
    This seems similar to an old issue with time synch server problems for AMD processors (Knowledge Base Document ID 4BFBEIQA):
    http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1EFFBED34FFE66C2862573D30073C329 
    Computer info:
    - Dell desktop
    - Win XP Pro sp3
    - 2 G RAM
    - 1.58 GHz Core 2 Duo
    - LV/DSC 8.6.1 (Pro dev)
    - DAQmx, standard instrument control device drivers, serial i/o
    (Nothing else installed; OS and LV/DSC were re-installed to try to fix the problem, no luck)
    Details: 
    A test logged data at 1 Hz, with these results: for 10-30 seconds or so, the timestamps were correct. Then, the timestamps were compressed/shifted, with multiple points each second. At perfectly regular 1-minute intervals, the timestamps would be correct again. This pattern repeats, and when the data is graphed, it looks like regular 1-sec interval points, then more dense points, then no points until the next minute (not ON the minute, e.g.12:35:00, but after a minute, e.g.12:35:24, 12:36:24, 12:37:24...). Occasionally (but rarely), restarting the PC would produce accurate timestamps for several minutes running, but then the pattern would reappear in the middle of logging, no changes made. 
    Test info: 
    - shared variable configured with logging enabled
    - data changing by much more than the deadband
    - new value written by Datasocket Write at a steady 1 Hz
    - historic data retrieved by Read Traces
    - Distributed System Manager shows correct and changing values continuously as they are written

Meg K. B. , 
    It sounds like you are experiencing Time Stamp Counter (TSC) Drift as mentioned in the KB's for the AMD Multi-Core processors. However, according to this wikipedia article on TSC's, the Intel Core 2 Duo's "time-stamp counter increments at a constant rate.......Constant TSC behavior ensures that the duration of each clock tick is
    uniform and supports the use of the TSC as a wall clock timer even if
    the processor core changes frequency." This seems to suggest that it would be not be the case that you are seeing the issue mentioned in the KBs.
    Can you provide the exact modle of the Core 2 Duo processor that you are using?
    Ben Sisney
    FlexRIO V&V Engineer
    National Instruments

• I used Target mode to transfer files to a new iMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 from an older Dual core Intel machine (EMC 2105) also on 10.6.8. but originally Tiger 10.4. The operation was successful and I ejected the disk icon from the new machine and po

IS THE SITUATION HOPELESS
    I used Target mode to transfer files to a new i7  iMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 from an older Dual core Intel machine (EMC 2105) also on 10.6.8. but originally Tiger 10.4. The operation was successful and I ejected the disk icon from the new machine and powered down the old machine. When this was restarted the next day there was a grey screen with flashing Mac symbol alternating with a 'no entry' sign and occasionally a question mark.Keyboard and mouse were unusable so k inserted the original instal disc (No.1 for 10.4. with installer 1.0.4) which came with the machine in 2006 in an attempt to boot from this. The ensuing window said this was not possible and now it cannot be ejected.I have tried everything ! It offers Disk Utility and other options like Terminal but that doesn't work either.I 'repaired disk' and that was pronounced o.k. None of the various keystrokes at start up will work, and the computer will only offer the installer disc continually.The only option would seem to be is to erase the hard drive completely from the disc in the machine.I don't want to do this as there is still material which I need to recover. I think the drive has in some way been corrupted by using it in target mode, and I don't know if there are any other options to try.
              Please tell me how to get this disc to eject !

Graham Giles wrote:
    Have you seen this type of problem before? I think it could be a serious issue for anyone in a similar position.
    No; but then, I've not had occasion to use TDM. I've been using firerwire drives for over 10 years, both FW400 and FW800, with no issues except a bit of instability using a B&W G3 machine.
    TDM should be safe. Using cautious, manual copying of files from the Target machine to the Host machine should not result in unexpected loss of files or damage to the Target drive's directories. It should behave exactly the same as if it were an external (to the Host) firewire drive.
    •  I don't suppose there is anything I can do to 'put back' lost items from a separate Time Machine drive which has an up to date backup on it.
    There is probably a way to do that - seems to me that's one of the reasons for a Time Machine volume.
    On the other hand, if the Time Machine volume is rigidly linked to the now-absent OS on the original drive, there may be no way to effectively access the files in the TM archive.
    I know that using a cloned drive would work well in this instance.
    I have no experience with Time Machine, so perhaps someone who has will chime in with suggestions.
    With the machine in TDM with the other machine, have you tried running Disk Utility to see if you can effect repairs to the drive?

• I am looking at buying a MacBook Air over the Pro mainly for the 12 hour battery. Just wondering if battery is compromised by upgrading to 8mb and upgrading to I7 Intel dual core. I am not very tech savvy so apologies if dumb question

I am looking at buying a MacBook Air over the Pro mainly for the 12 hour battery. Just wondering if battery is compromised by upgrading to 8mb and upgrading to I7 Intel dual core. I am not very tech savvy so apologies if dumb question

If both computers were configured identically, then they would both lose the same amount of battery life with respect to the same starting configuration - comparing apple to apples. I don't know how much the added RAM, etc. would reduce battery life, but it would be less for both models.
    Battery life is a tricky subject because most mfgr.s like to suggest as long a life as possible, but often do so under a set of conditions that are not common to most users. Apple is no different. Their computers do have good battery life, however. But not likely as long as what is in the ads for the typical user.

Maybe you are looking for

• Oracle ESB Restart

I have ESB project deployed on ESB server but when i restart the server , AQ Adapter is not working ? I dont know what to do ? COuld you help me ? Thanks.

• Which is better for PS CS 6 - Mac OS Lion or OS Mountain Lion?

I am presently running PS CS5 Extended on my iMac using OS Lion and it is running great.  I am upgrading from PS CS5 Extended to PS CS6.  Anyone have any practical experierence, good or bad, with PS CS6 on Mac OS Mountain Lion?  At some point I will

• Snapshot picture with ROI and palette

Hello, I am trying to take a snapshop of a picture in image display with selected ROI and different palette. (using Vision) I didn't finf out how to do it, it only takes a snapshot withought ROI and palette. Thank you very much for your help. Tomas

• Posting entry in UWL from XI

We are trying to post an approval request entry in a UWL from XI.  I'm using a BPM that makes an asynchronous call to an abap proxy in my abap client.  The BPM executes successfully.  The problem is the proxy call doesn't execute the code in the prox

• Rolling 12 month data

I use the query below to give me summary data for three categories, for each supplier number, base on a month and year selection : <cfquery name="qryGet_NORS" datasource="datasource"> select suplier_number,table2.supplier_name, sum(case when date_sen