Problem after cleaning keyboard on a T410

Hi, I just cleaned a T410 with a spray foam, as I always have done with the fluid proof thinkpad keyboard. But this the left button of the trackpoint mouse does not work anymore. Y removed the button and can see there is dust or dirty there. Also, when I apply compressed air I can see both transparent film separating from each other. There is nothing different from the right button that works fine. Does anyone what else can I try in order to fix this problem? Also, I would to understand why this had happened. Thanks Oliver

Hello everyone,
One thing to remember is that the keyboard is not "fluid proof" it is "spill resistant" these are two very different distinctions and I would not use a foam cleaner to clean a Thinkpad unless its specifically recommended. Drying it out is the best option, I would prefer using a hairdryer on a low setting rather than making a thinkpad cake in the oven.  That's just my personal opinion though.
Cheers,
Ed.
Was this or another post on the forum helpful? Click the star on the left side of the screen to give kudos! Did someone solve a problem you encountered? Mark it as "solution provided" to help others with the same problem.

Similar Messages

• Video Or Graphic Card Driver Problem After Clean And Re-Install Windows 7 32-bit

Video Or Graphic Card Driver Problem After Clean And Re-Install Windows 7 32-bit I m Tired I m Finding & Finding Drivers
    But I Wont be Able To Play Games & Other Apps  Please Solve This And Give Me Link For Video Card Driver Or
    Graphic Card Driver For Windows 7 32-bit (x86)
    THANKS
    PROFESSOR TOM........................................

Hi:
    See if this W7 32 bit graphics driver works...
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloa​dIndex?softwareitem=ob-100029-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en​...

• Greek letters instead of English after cleaning keyboard

After cleaning my keyboard, I can only type with Greek-looking letters. I have no idea what I did. Can anyone help me get the English letters back?

Two suggestions:
    1. Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Language & Text . Select "Language". Make sure English is set as the first language in the list of available languages.
    2. You may have caused the Option, Command, or Control key to become stuck. First, if you have another keyboard available, see if you can repeat your problem with it. If the problem goes away, you know the first keyboard is responsible. Second, if you have a non-Aluminum keyboard (i.e. white or beige plastic) you can try gently prying up each of the keys mentioned above and seeing if there is anything causing the keys to malfunction.
    Message was edited by: inandoutofgrace

• After cleaning keyboard, everything disappeared from desktop

After cleaning the keyboard, everything has disappeared from my desktop, including the hard drive disk image. I heard a "clunk" like the sound of something being sent to the Trash, but it's not there.
    I know the files still exist, because when I open a finder window all the screen shots I had on the desktop are still listed under "Desktop". But they aren't visible on the desktop itself. But the hard drive disk image isn't anywhere to be seen, although it's also visible in a Finder window!
    I've now moved all the files into a folder inside "Documents" (yes, I know they should have been there all along).

Sorry, everyone, I restarted and the hard drive is back on the desktop.

• Keyboard problem after cleaning

I decided to clean my aluminium keyboard yesterday, and some of the keys have since stopped working. Several keys are also typing by themselves (if that makes sense).
    Can anything be done, or do I have to fork out for a new keyboard?

How did you clean it, using fluids? If you did it's probably best to let it dry naturally rather than applying a hairdryer. If the weather's good (36 degrees here ) let it air outside. If that doesn't fix it sounds like it's time for a replacement .

• Problems after cleaning my notebook

I cleaned my cpt with wet piece of cloth! Started my nightmare, cpt was not able to boot keep getting USB drive errors mouse errors or keyboard errors on BIOS.
    After finally boot but keep turning off itself. Dont know what to do!

Computer or notebook cannot be cleaned with wet piece of cloth. Wetness is very dangerous for electric components. I am afraid some electronic parts are wet now and this is the problem.
    Who knows how you done this?
    Anyway leave it for a while or try to have it dry again and check if you can use it again in hope it will work properly. Hopefully you have not damaged board electronic.

• Permission Problems After Clean Intall Accessing External Drives

Okay, the ubiquitous permissions problem. Perhaps apple should release a system update that strips this BS out, as single users and home users, do we really need this? I'm just driving my Ferrari to the grocery store! It is just complications that nobody needs.
    So, with a fat chance of that happening, is there a DEFINITIVE paper/instruction on permissions? Please point me to it. I've tried here and there is nothing that seems to work for me. I'd like to NOT have to learn anything and continue without messing around with this crap, but it did it to me, so now I'm forced to screw around to fix it.
    (I used to be a system admin years ago so I can take a fairly technical approach, but I'd rather not. (Puh-leeze! No terminal instructions.)
    Here's my problem:
    Having had a problem with corrupt login items and being unable to uninstall them, (the machine crashed and rebooted) I was left to perform a clean install of my system.
    I have numerous hard drives attached.
    Well, upon a successful install and migration of settings from Safari and Firefox and such, I was gently told that a couple of my drives are not accessible by me, the user. (I can see'em, but some apps like transmission won't write to them. Or backup software cannot backup to them.) I'm currently setup up with my daily account/user as the admin, with the super-admin account dormant and not used, as I've been instructed. (My previous system had me using my super-admin account all the time.)
    How do I go about setting permissions to reaccess these drives without checking the "ignore permissions" box?
    Is the simplist thing to do, to just copy/backup the drives, erase them under my present account, and re-install the data to fix this permission BS?
    I've done the "fix permissions" thing and it does not help.
    Do drives that you create with a former system user, retain the user profile that created them even after you install a new system, thus causing this problem?
    Thanks
    Herkimer

What users do you have defined on your system?
    Herkime wrote:
    Thanks for the help, guys. I downloaded the app and will take a look at that to fix my problems.
    What user do you want to use to look at the data?
    Decide what user you are going to logon as.
    Use BatChmod to make this the owner of the data. The group should be whatever is the group assigned to your logon user.
    Do drives that you create with a former system user, retain the user profile that created them even after you install a new system, thus causing this problem?
    Files you created with root still have root permissions.
    The other 5 diskes, internal, externals FW, and removeables FW toasters, were all created under the old system, using the super-admin user. That designation is gone. (Actually, I recreated the same name/login on the newly installed system, along with my everyday admin user log in.
    I get the feeling I'm stuck in a little permission limbo, as the disks are looking for the old super-user and that's gone. Correct?
    I assume by super-user you mean root. You can enable the root account again if you wish. There is not need.
    I'm not sure what user, or group I should be setting everything too, now. Me, as the admin/user or
    Who is Herk the super-admin? How did you define Herk.
    By definition super-user is root. You are not allowed to rename root. So the super user isn't Herk.
    A user can be given admin rights. This doesn't give the user super user/root rights. Root can read & write any file on the system. This root is the super user.
    By Herk do you mine you gave Herk admin rights?
    Bottom line:
    [] Decide what user you will be using on your system.
    [] Change all permission you your external drives to match user & group of that id.
    Some people define two user on their system. This way maybe more secure, but with more hassles.
    standard user
    admin user
    I run with one user:
    admin user. This lets me install programs without have to change to another user. It doesn't let me look at system data. I cannot look at other userids data. ( I want to look at data I do not have permissions to, I can use the terminal to gain access. )
    Robert
    Message was edited by: rccharles

• I have problem after cleaning LCD on my SP U200

Hi,
    I have the following problem with my U200. I routinely clean my monitor using foam LCD cleaner. But because of some reason the foam got inside the monitor, seems that it is between the trubrit and the LCD. Because of experience I believe that it was not my fault.
    For me is the sealing between the trubright and the LCD that have the problem. Now the monitor has some dirts that is mean that the foam evaporated.
    The guys at Toshiba insist that is my fault.
    Anyone faced such issue with their monitor? What was your Toshiba service centre approach?
    Best Regards,
    Pantelis

Hello Pantelis
    Please do not be mad on me but I also believe it is your fault and you can not call for display replacement covered by warranty. I have cleaned so many LCDs in last 7 years and I have never noticed something like this. I really can not imagine how much liquid you have used to clean the LCD.
    It must be done very carefully and the liquid must be dosed as the need arises. Sorry but I do not see solution there. Maybe LCD disassembling and cleaning can help. Try to talk with technicians.

• Weird problems after clean install on Win 7 64 bit

So I just built out a brand new machine with Win 7 64 bit and installed CS4 on it.  PS works great, super quick!  As I went through and tried to work on some websites last night, I found that the File/Open, File/Save and File/SaveAs options don't work?  When you first open Dreamweaver (or Flash - haven't tested anything other than PS/DW/FL) the initial opening screen you can click on new HTML doc for example but clicking Open... doesn't bring up the windows open/browse dialog box.  My DW install is all up to date and I tried to install over the top of it but that didn't help.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Thanks in advance for any insight or help you can offer!
    --J

I have been running Dreamweaver CS4 on Windows 7 64-bit without problems for over a month (new machine, not upgraded from a previous version of Windows). The only part that fails is the documented problem with selecting the site root in a new site definition (see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/478327).

• Time Machine problem after clean install

I installed an SSD drive on my mac and did a clean install of OS X Lion.
    Now, when I access my time machine backup disk I can only restore applications and not any files.
    Is there anything I should do to be able to restore files etc.?

Erase Lion from the hold commnad r boot into Recovery, then reinstall it again.
    Next when you setup Lion,  have teh TM drive connected and use Setup Assistant to transfer from TM drive.
    What I suspect happened is you have the same named account and it's conflicting.
    Most commonly used backup methods explained

• Problems after clean install of 10.4

I installed 10.4 finally yesterday. I left my songs on the iPod, but nowhere else. Now the computer tells me that the iPod is linked to my old setup. I can't see a way of making it link to my computer with the new OS.
    Any ideas?
    (3rd Gen iPod)

iTunes --> iPod was designed as a "one-way transfer". You can't use iTunes alone to take tracks from your iPod and put them back into an empty iPod library.
    Hopefully you made a backup of your iTunes library before you did your Erase & Install. You can then restore your iTunes library from your backup.
    If you don't have a backup... you'll need to use some type of third-party software such as iPodRip to copy your tracks back to iTunes from your iPod. This is not a practice that is supported by Apple, and there is always a risk involved with doing this. Hopefully it will work for you.

• T410 - Keyboard problems after Windows 8.1 upgrade

Hi to all!
    Recently i'm facing huge problems with the keyboard of my T410.
    The Laptop shuts down when I press "Alt Gr", if I press shutdown - the screen spins several times before shutting down, if I use the arrow-keys the screen also flips, the normal letter-keys won't work at all. Every pressed Button makes a little beepsound.
    The scrolling-funktion on the touchpad doesnt work either.
    Using an USB-Keyboard / Mouse, I have no problems at all.
    I have installed the latest drivers and bios-update.
    This problem is there after I upgraded windows 8 to windows 8.1. All windows-updates have been made.
    Do you have any tips to use my Laptop as a laptop again? At the moment I have a small desktop PC as the laptop won't work without usb-keyboard and muse.
    I looking forward to your replies. Best regards

I don't no what in-place means but I installed the Upgrade to 8.1 via the Windosw Store on a running Windows8 system.
    I just re-ran System Update in the latest version, checked windows updates, checked the drivers via the lenovo support page manually, latest bios...but still doesnt work.
    In the Windows 8.1 Tested System List from the lenovo homepage which I just found is the T410 not listed. So I assume it could be a compatibility problem.
    Back to Win8?

• Iphone 4 problems after 7.0.2 update--Especially with keyboard entries

I am having serious iphone 4 problems after installing the 7.0.2 update.  Mostly it is with use of the keyboard.  Each key stroke takes about 8 seconds to show. It is truly disabling.  Apparently many others have had various problems.  The one thing the Apple Tech would tell me was that 7.0.2 cannot be uninstalled.  I have restarted & reset. Settings shows I have more that 20 free GB of space, though I don't know if that's important.
    Sure would appreciate help!  Thank you!

settings - general - reset - reset network settings.
    also turn off automatic app updated...

• After cleaning my keyboard keyboard not working

after cleaning my keyboard my keyboard not working

If you used any liquid you probably shorted it out. Take the batteries out and let it dry out for a few days, replace the batteries with NEW and try it again, if it still doesn't work buy a new keyboard. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3226#peripherals

• BUG: text rendering problems after keyboard firmware update

Hey all!
    Just letting you know that today, after installing the keyboard/mouse firmware update 1.0, the font rendering in many applications become weird, letters may overlap, see some screenshots:
    http://artemio.net/tmp/apple/bug1.png
    http://artemio.net/tmp/apple/bug2.png
    My system is iMac Intel Core Duo 17", 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Mac OS 10.4.6.

Just to clarify, that was a software update, not a firmware update. I don't think the keyboard has any resident firmware.
    Since this is a new update from Apple, and there have been very few posts about problems after it was installed, (I have seen a couple here) I think that you should call and speak directly with an Apple Customer Service rep. That way Apple knows some have issues with the update and they may have suggestions.
    Let us know what they say.

Maybe you are looking for

• Error in OBIEE report

Hi Gurus, I have a summary report and detailed report and a currency prompt in my dashboard. The summary report has to be displayed only if one currency is selected by the user. For this, I am using a condition in section and in the report I am using

• I had my iPhone stolen last night and now want to know how do I access my iCloud storage?

I had my iPhone stolen last night and now want to know how do I access my iCloud storage?

• Issues using the outline load command on Planning Version 11.1.2

Hi All I am trying to add members into the Account dimension using the outline load utility within Planning version 11.1.2 and I am getting the following error message: Unable to obtain dimension information and/or perform a data load: Unable to crea

• Question about Regular Expressions, please help!

I have created an app which reads files and extracts certain data using regular expressions in JDK1.4 using Pattern and Matcher classes. However it needs to run on JDK1.2.2 (dont ask). The regular expression classes are not available in 1.2.2 (the Pa

• Powerbook G4 12" 1.33 logic board problem

My wireless antenna was broke so I disassembled my powerbook, installed the new antenna and when I turned it on this happens: -CD drive spins nonstop - Black Screen - HDD doesn't power on I've checked everything I can think of, I was very careful whe