[Problem Solved] On screen display not working on T60

I replace my xp with a Vista Business.
All the drivers are installed. But the on screen display is not working well. Nothing display when I press the volume up/down/mute button. However, other buttons like Fn+F3, Fn+F5 do display on screen.
Anyone  knows how to solve this?
Thanks a lot. 
Message Edited by szsy on 10-02-2008 08:11 PM
Solved!
Go to Solution.

problem solved.
looks like I need to install a  Lenovo System Interface Driver. This is just for ATI graphic card users and nVidia users don't need it.
Thanks a lot. 

Similar Messages

• T500 on screen display not working

I searched, but have not found any other posts with this problem.
    I re-loaded Windows Vista 64 on a new hard drive, and have re-installed all drivers.  I installed the hotkey driver for on screen display, and the tab appears correctly in the advanced display properties.
    The on-screen display was working properly with the default Vista driver, but once I installed the dual graphics drivers, the on-screen display has become about 2 pixels high, just above the windows task bar. I tried changing the font and size and color in the setup tab, but this doesn't fix it.  I have uninstalled and re-installed the hotkey driver, and also the display drivers.
    Any ideas for this strange one?
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Thank you! That did it!  For others benefit, here are the instructions from the earlier thread:
    There is a bug, so the size isn't really set, and you don't see anything. That's why you have to edit the size in windows registry editor. Click Start -> RUN-> type "regedit" BE CAREFULL with this tool! Press CTRL+F .... and find "OnScreenDisplay" Whole path will be: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IBM\TPHOTKEY\OnScreenDisplay Change "Size" value from "00 00 00 00" to "00 01 10 10" (right click on "Size" -> select Modify Binary data). Close Registry Editor. That's it.
    My on screen display driver is the latest.  I am using Vista Business 64 bit, so maybe the driver for 64 bit has not been fixed yet.
    Thanks again!

• [SOLVED] DPMS screen off not working with xorg 1.16.0, gnome 3

After the update of xorg into 1.16.0-2, screen is not turned off by DPMS in GNOME.
    I also tried an manual command:
    $ xset dpms force off
    but it's not working.
    In other WM, this command is working.
    With xorg 1.15.2 and gnome 3, there is not this problem.
    When I entered the command, the screen turned off for a couple of seconds and turned back on.
    Last edited by esrevinu (2014-07-22 23:35:07)

Updating xf86-video-intel to 2.99.912-4 solved the problem.
    Thanks.

• HP pavilion dv6-6c01ej On-Screen Display not working

Hi, I have an HP pavilion dv6-6c01ej  and I want to use the on-screen display, to see for example when the volume when I turn it up or down (also for brightness change and so..).
    I looked in the Programs and Features in Control Panel and saw I have the last version of the driver (version 1.3.5).
    I couldn't find the actual prgoram in the Start menu (I don't even know if it exists).
    I wanted to download it again so I can try uninstall and install, but the file could not be found, using this link:
    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp5515​2.exe
    From here: 
    http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp​-pavilion-dv6-6c00-entertainment-notebook-pc-serie​...
    I don't know if it's the same driver for all the pavilion dv6 pc's.
    Also, I tried downloding the HP MediaSmart for that, but the download failed for some unknown reason.
    So, How can I turn this feature on?
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Hi:
    See if this version works...
    http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?s​wItemId=ob_101310_2

• On Screen Display not working on T61P running WXP SP2

This started with an error on 'tponscr.exe' when I hit a volume button.  I reinstalled the Thinkvantage Hotkeys from the Lenovo site and I no longer get the 'tponscr.exe' error but the on screen display doesn't work (Volume does change tho).  The Fn keys also do not work as well.    System update also did not correct.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks,
    M/T 6457-C34 T61p WXP-SP2
    Message Edited by SVOGT on 07-12-2008 05:37 AM

I've had no luck with the latest HotKey drivers on my T61. I revereted to the driver version that came with the T61 and things seem to be working. In case you want that version, I've posted it to
    http://www.jmbissell.com/7kvu13ww.zip
    John

• X200: ON SCREEN DISPLAY not working

Recently reimaged from Vista Home basic to Vista Ultimate.
    After droping all the drivers and thinkvantage software back on, the On Screen Display does not show the volume bar nor the brightness bars. Tried reinstalling HotKey  and every othercombination unistalls and reinstalls, I also flash to a new BIOS as well as installig the new OS, so not sure if it may be a problem with that. Any ideas, or updates in regards to this issue?

I have similar problem to yours.  Updated new BIOS and all Hotkey through ThinkVantage.
    My thread here: http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=X_Series_Thinkpads&thread.id=7685
    No one has responded just yet. 
    adand001 wrote:
    Recently reimaged from Vista Home basic to Vista Ultimate.
    After droping all the drivers and thinkvantage software back on, the On Screen Display does not show the volume bar nor the brightness bars. Tried reinstalling HotKey  and every othercombination unistalls and reinstalls, I also flash to a new BIOS as well as installig the new OS, so not sure if it may be a problem with that. Any ideas, or updates in regards to this issue?

• Lock screen display not working properly on wakeup from screen sleep

I just purchased a macbook air top model mid 2012... yesterday.  It's brand new.  When I click the trackpad to wake up the screen after it sleeps and has auto-locked (not a computer sleep!  just a screen sleep), the screen is not all present.  I have to move my mouse around to reveal the rest of the screen.  Once I have done that enough to find my icon to enable text entry, I put in my password and I get back to the desktop which is then normal.  This behaviour is only occuring on a wake-up after screen sleep.  Seems like a video driver problem to me.  The only add-ons I have at the moment are alfred and bettersnaptool.  Has anyone run into this?  Is there a fix?  Also, I have applied all the latest updates.  I can't remember, but this might have begun after the latest update.
    Thanks,
    John

I believe this article describes the issue:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4135

• [SOLVED] ASUS Screen Brightness Not Working

I have been trying for a few hours to get my screen brightness to work properly. I'm on an ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A with kernel 3.9.6-1. I'm using efibootmgr to boot.
    According to the wiki page and numerous posts, I need to use the acpi_osi="!Windows 2012" boot parameter. When I set it using efibootmgr, the keyboard backlight keys work (Fn+F[34]), but the screen brightness keys (Fn+F[56]) do not work. I have tried the following in efibootmgr:
    # efibootmgr -c -w -d /dev/sda -p 1 -L "Arch Linux" -l '\EFI\arch\vmlinuz-arch.efi' -u initrd=EFI/arch/initramfs-arch.img root=UUID=d0b32080-84f0-4c6b-933b-f62b880afc09 ro rootfstype=ext4 efi_no_storage_paranoia elevator=noop acpi_osi=Linux add_efi_memmap
    # efibootmgr -c -w -d /dev/sda -p 1 -L "Arch Linux" -l '\EFI\arch\vmlinuz-arch.efi' -u initrd=EFI/arch/initramfs-arch.img root=UUID=d0b32080-84f0-4c6b-933b-f62b880afc09 ro rootfstype=ext4 efi_no_storage_paranoia elevator=noop acpi_osi=intel add_efi_memmap
    # efibootmgr -c -w -d /dev/sda -p 1 -L "Arch Linux" -l '\EFI\arch\vmlinuz-arch.efi' -u initrd=EFI/arch/initramfs-arch.img root=UUID=d0b32080-84f0-4c6b-933b-f62b880afc09 ro rootfstype=ext4 efi_no_storage_paranoia elevator=noop acpi_osi= add_efi_memmap
    and a few others. The particularly peculiar thing is when I use a UEFI shell to boot with my script:
    echo -on
    \EFI\arch\vmlinuz-arch.efi root=UUID=d0b32080-84f0-4c6b-933b-f62b880afc09 ro rootfstype=ext4 add_efi_memmap efi_no_storage_paranoia initrd=EFI/arch/initramfs-arch.img elevator=noop acpi_osi="!Windows 2012"
    it works fine (both keyboard backlight and screen brightness).
    What am I doing wrong? My hunch is that I'm doing something wrong with the formatting of acpi_osi="!Windows 2012" but I'm pretty sure I've tried every combination of different quotes and escaping different things. It's also worth nothing that the "!" gets interpreted by bash in some of these permutations making efibootmgr not actually run.
    Last edited by tobit (2013-06-30 02:37:30)

WonderWoofy wrote:
    Because you are entering it in a shell, you need to escape some of the things in the acpi_osi="!Windows 2012" string.  So for example, the double quotes are intended to be entered exactly as is in the resulting efibootmgr entry, so these should be esacped since they would otherwise have a special meaning in the command line.  The same is true for the exclamation point.  So I think you would have to do:
    efibootmgr -c -w -d /dev/sda -p 1 -L "Arch Linux" -l '\EFI\arch\vmlinuz-arch.efi' -u "initrd=/EFI/arch/initramfs-arch.img root=UUID=d0b32080-84f0-4c6b-933b-f62b880afc09 ro rootfstype=ext4 efi_no_storage_paranoia elevator=noop acpi_osi=\"\!Windows 2012\" add_efi_memmap"
    BTW, this is just a copy/paste of one of the entries above (slightly fixed).  I added a '/' to your initrd entry, as it is supposed to be an absolute path, not a relative one.
    Edit: I too started out with a direct efibootmgr entry when getting to know UEFI.  But I think that a better solution is to use a boot manager.  I like gummiboot, but I also keep rEFInd set up as well.  By doing this, if you ever want to chane something on your kernel command line, you can just edit the config before reboot.  But I think that were it is really useful is if you need to modify the kernel command line before you boot, as it is not possible with a direct efibootmgr entry.  If you want to make it seem seamless, just set the timeout to zero in efibootmgr, and then if you want to get to the menu, you just hold the spacebar while booting. 
    The reason I wanted to use a direct efibootmgr entry was because I thought it would be faster.  But because gummiboot and systemd will actually give you the time it takes to boot which includes the time in the firmware (POST) as well as the time it takes to get through the boot manager, I have actually found that my system takes a whole 14ms from the end of POST to starting to load the kernel.
    Edit2: BTW, I also quoted the entire srting of arguments on the kernel command line, which it need in order to be fed to the '-u' option as a single string.
    I'm afraid that still doesn't work. I've tried similar things and tried that specifically.  In case you're wondering, the command you listed gives me the following output:
    $ sudo efibootmgr -v
    BootCurrent: 0000
    Timeout: 2 seconds
    BootOrder: 0000
    Boot0000* Arch Linux HD(1,800,96000,bee2185e-de97-4dc0-9614-830639991bc3)File(\EFI\arch\vmlinuz-arch.efi)i.n.i.t.r.d.=./.E.F.I./.a.r.c.h./.i.n.i.t.r.a.m.f.s.-.a.r.c.h...i.m.g. .r.o.o.t.=.U.U.I.D.=.d.0.b.3.2.0.8.0.-.8.4.f.0.-.4.c.6.b.-.9.3.3.b.-.f.6.2.b.8.8.0.a.f.c.0.9. .r.o. .r.o.o.t.f.s.t.y.p.e.=.e.x.t.4. .e.f.i._.n.o._.s.t.o.r.a.g.e._.p.a.r.a.n.o.i.a. .e.l.e.v.a.t.o.r.=.n.o.o.p. .a.c.p.i._.o.s.i.=.".\.!.W.i.n.d.o.w.s. .2.0.1.2.". .a.d.d._.e.f.i._.m.e.m.m.a.p...
    I also tried putting the -u argument in single quotes so that I don't have to escape the double quotes or the !. That also didn't work. Thanks for your suggestions, I'd be happy to try more, I've tried a lot already to no avail :-(
    count0 wrote:On my Asus X201E, the screen brightness keys only work when I add "acpi_osi=" to my kernel parameters, with no arguments. You could try that.
    That's the third option I say that I tried in my original post.

• On screen display not working

For some reason I can't explain, I'm no longer seeing the green sound level or brightness level display when I hit the buttons. Any ideas?
    Thank you.

Hi dysnomian,
    Welcome to the Lenovo forum.
    If re-installing the video driver doesn't fix your problem, you might try the registry hack.
    Good luck,
    Frank
    Results of Your Ideal Business-Class Laptop survey, concluded 2009-07-29.
    Did someone help you?
    Say thanks! with a kudo.
    Even better: Pay it forward, help someone else.

• Caller display not worked since June 2014

On 26/06/14 I reported a fault (VOL-**********) that the caller display function had stopped working following a thunderstorm in the area. According to the fault status this fault is showing as being corrected and closed on 02/07/14 when in fact the fault still exists. I tested the line using the BT test socket with a new BT2000 phone and this displayed ‘incoming call’ therefore my internal wiring is not part of the problem. I have also dialled the test code *#234# to check if the caller display service is available and confirmed that it is. I then tested the new BT2000 phone on the neighbour’s telephone line and this showed the caller ID for incoming calls, as did my other telephone as well; therefore none of the telephone handsets are at fault. Three times BT have informed me that the fault has been fixed and yet I still have no caller display. Reading through the forums it would appear that other people have encountered similar issues and that the problem is at the exchange, “An Openreach engineer discovered that the RS232 burst transferring the CLI number up the line was too weak and he then went down to the exchange to investigate. He then discovered that the fault lay in the ADSL device which lies between the analogue exchange equipment and the outgoing line”. 
    I’m surprised to see that BT are taking so long to trace a fault in their system last raised 5/8/2014 (VOL012-**********) and that they haven’t sent an engineer to the property or to the exchange to check the problem.
    My patience is wearing thin over this problem with my Caller Display not working as it started in mid June. I’m also becoming less enthusiastic about BT and find it harder to recommend them to others.
    My last message from BT, tells me that it should be back to normal on the 8 August. However, it is still not working. Their message that my phone should be back to normal now and if it isn’t report this to BT, is ridiculous. If an engineer had investigated what was causing the fault and found it, then he would have fixed it. However, either an engineer has not investigated the fault or BT is not competent in fixing their own service faults and makes these statements with crossed fingers?

An engineer called yesterday and told me that he had been asked to test the line for a voice fault not a Caller Display fault. However, his testing revealed there is no line fault, CLI signal is strong and he was happy that the new BT2000 phone (bought after the lightning strike) is working properly. (This phone had also been tested on a neighbour’s phone line where it displayed the callers number). He also found that this same BT2000 phone on my line was not displaying the Caller’s number (CLI), but couldn’t offer any reason why.
    I conjectured with him that these tests must bring the problem down to a corrupted CLI signal which does not allow the phone to understand the phone number being sent.
    When the lightning struck the phone line back in June, it blew the telephone connection in the back of the Sky Box with a flash and bang (telephone cable now removed from the Sky box). It shorted the Openreach Faceplate (now replaced) so that the phones and broadband stopped working and it caused the phone to light up and react as it does when a call comes through.
    Now isn’t it possible that the lightning also travelled along the copper wire to the green cabinet just outside the house and damaged something there which is corrupting the CLI signal, but which does not not show up when the voice line is tested? If not, then there must be a problem further back in the infrastructure, possibly in the Exchange, that is causing a corrupted signal to be sent to my phone?
    He told me that another team would have to investigate the Caller Display fault as he was instructed to look into a voice issue and as a field engineer he was not able to investigate any problem that might be in the Exchange. I don’t know whether this Exchange Team would be able to investigate a problem in the Cabinet if nothing is found in the Exchange or can that only be done by a field engineer? He told me to contact BT again as he’d done all that he had been instructed to do and they would have to instigate a fault team to further investigate the problem.
    When all this is considered we have the basic problem that BT are unable to provide me with a Privacy and Caller Display Service that I have been paying for, because of a fault in their infrastructure. How much longer is it going to take before they correct the problem that’s been going on since June 2014?

• Hi my name is Aditya. i am using ipad 2. 2 days ago my ipad fall down from my hand and now its screen is not working it is totally blank but shocking thing is that when i take a screen shot the display came back for 2-3 second. any one like me?

hi my name is Aditya. i am using ipad 2. 2 days ago my ipad fall down from my hand and now its screen is not working it is totally blank but shocking thing is that when i take a screen shot the display came back for 2-3 second. dose ne 1 have same problem....?

Anyone have any suggestions? or is everyone else just as clueless as me !

• Apple macbook pro with retina display is having yellow screen problems in which screen is not perfectly white and is yellowish. More over the service frm apple's part is ridiculous as they have faulty spare part. Does ne1 hv email of senior person?

Apple macbook pro with retina display is having yellow screen problems in which screen is not perfectly white and is yellowish. More over the service frm apple's part is ridiculous as they have faulty spare part. Does ne1 hv email of senior person?

Apple service centre employee told me that they do not have this 14 day offer in India.
    And My mac book pro is taken in by Service centre people to run test etc and I will be informed the next day if they accept it as a fault or not ?
    I feeling ridiculously bad.

• My mini i pad 2 retina display screen is not work correctly after two days of buying appear some gray line on screen un furtunately i live in iran and i havnot access to any i pad store please guide me

My mini i pad 2 retina display screen is not work correctly after two days of buying appear some gray line on screen un furtunately i live in iran and i havnot access to any i pad store please guide me

Try this  - Reset the iPad by holding down on the Sleep and Home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons. (This is equivalent to rebooting your computer.) No data/files will be erased. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430
     Cheers, Tom

• I just took my new MacBook Pro out of the box and the screen will not work. Display is, black no life to the screen at all

So I just ordered my first Mac book Pro. I took it out of the box and hit the power button to do the start up and the screen will not work at all. I shut the computer off and back on again. I plugged it in and unplugged it. I've done everything I can think of and the screen still stays blank with no life at all

Is the battery charged? Press the little button on the left edge, near the front. If no green dots, no charge.
    Does it charge? When you connect the MagSafe charger, does the pilot light on the plug light up?
    Does it actually start? Should sound a chime after you press the power button on the top/right corner. If it chimes, does the Caps Lock pilot light when you press it?
    If it starts and Caps Lock does flash on and off, have you tried pressing the screen brightness control for awhile? F2 turns up the brightness, may be turned fully down.

• I need to turn off 'find my iPhone' so that I am able to restore my phone but my screen is not working. I logged into my iCloud but was not able to turn it from here. How do I do this?!

My iPhone 4 screen stopped working. The phone is still on but the screen is not working at all, it is juts black. I was told restoring my phone might solve this problem so i plugged it into iTunes. When I click on the restore iPhone button a message popped up saying I needed to turn off 'find my iPhone' in phone settings for the restore to be go ahead. Problem is I cant access my phone!
    I went onto my cloud account to see if i could do it from here but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Any ideas?

From your iCloud account, you can go to Find My Phone and remove the iPhone from your devices list which will release it, or you could do a remote erase of the iPhone from iCloud.

Maybe you are looking for