Problem tranferring movies from Canon T2

I have been attempting to tansfer movies from a Canon T2 - works fine when transfering to Laptop but iPad 2 does not work.

I do the same as Smtr in letting the Canon reformat the card instead of just erasing the photos from the card. Also I never let iPhoto do the erasing as there have been too many reports of incomplete uploads and complete erasures. Not a good thing.
Do you Twango?
TIP: For insurance against the iPhoto database corruption that many users have experienced I recommend making a backup copy of the Library6.iPhoto database file and keep it current. If problems crop up where iPhoto suddenly can't see any photos or thinks there are no photos in the library, replacing the working Library6.iPhoto file with the backup will often get the library back. By keeping it current I mean backup after each import and/or any serious editing or work on books, slideshows, calendars, cards, etc. That insures that if a problem pops up and you do need to replace the database file, you'll retain all those efforts. It doesn't take long to make the backup and it's good insurance.
I've written an Automator workflow application (requires Tiger), iPhoto dB File Backup, that will copy the selected Library6.iPhoto file from your iPhoto Library folder to the Pictures folder, replacing any previous version of it. You can download it at Toad's Cellar. Be sure to read the Read Me pdf file.

Similar Messages

• Problems playing movies from Time Capsule

I am having a problem playing movies from my Time Capsule to my Apple TV. I can make them work but have to go through the following process: I have to play the movie through iTunes and then stop it, and then go play the movie on apple TV. I have to do this each time I want to watch one of the movies. Any thoughts on this issue?

Hopefully this information will help. I have an aiport extreme connected directly to my Cable Modem. I then setup the Time Capsule to extend the network updstairs. I have everything running on 802.11n. Wireless connection is great and I get about 13-14mb download speeds when I do a speedtest.
    I must say though, copying data to the Timecapsue via wireless is slow...
    I checked my apple TV this morning, and the first movie I clicked on worked great, so did the second one, then I tried a third and got the following error: "The Selected Video could not be played. The Format was not recognized"
    Then I went back to play the original two that worked, and they now gave me the same error... it almost looks like it is looking connection to them, or synching or something..

• ITunes 7.0.1(7):  Problems Downloading Movies from iTunes Store

Prior to installing the iTunes 7.0.1(7) upgrade, I had no problems downloading movies from the iTunes store. After I noticed that there appeared to be rate-limiting on the inital movie that I purchased, I simultaneously downloaded three other movies and watched one of the movies while they were downloading.
    No problems with downloading multiple movies but severe problems with using iTunes 7.0.0 as a viewer. An inadvertent movement or click of the mouse resulted in the video portion of the movie disappearing. To solve the problem, I created symlinks in the QuickTime Player's ~/Movies directory to the downloaded movies. Using QuickTime as a viewer was a significant improvement over iTunes.
    Upgraded to iTunes 7.0.1(7) when it was released. Today I discovered that the release has significant problems downloading movies.
    After the initial download of the movie to /private/tmp, the iTunes download panel displays a message stating that it is processing the file. One would assume that it is inserting the chapter bookmarks and transferring it to the ~Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Movies directory.
    Not so. Its downloading the movie a second time. The processing file message is displayed a second time followed by a pop-up window reprting that the file is corrupt with an error code of 10008. Looks like one of Window's infamous network error codes. Wonder what it's doing on a Mac?
    Enough of my diatribe. Are others seeing this? Do you have a "work around" or solution to the problem?
    PowerBook 17, PowerMac G5   Mac OS X (10.4.8)   iTunes 7.0.1(7)

I did run Disk Utility after reporting my problems here and to the iTunes Store. The "Check Permissions" scan found two iTunes with the incorrect permissions. As the permissions were correct prior to the upgrade, I presume the executable permission flags were turned on during the upgrade. Repaired the permission problems.
    Also, I performed a reboot as was mentioned in a discussion of a slightly different problem. I was able to download one of the movies. The second failed about half-way through the download with a 9006 error.

• How to import AVCHD movies from Canon HR10 (mini DVD) to iMac / iMovie?

I have just bought an iMac (I am a PC user for a very long time and not yet familiar with the Mac software), and I am having troubles with some basic tasks: I want to transfer AVCHD movies from my Canon HR10 (mini DVDs) to my iMac / iMovie. However, the iMac / iMovie does not seem to recognize the camera when I connect it via the USB cable, i.e. nothing happens at all (the disc is finalized, and the camera is in "Play" mode). I have also tried to import the contents of the mini DVDs via a network harddisk, but iMovie does not seem to recognize the format?! I don't know what I am doing wrong?

I think iMovie will want to see the camera as a device before it will do the import.
    Not sure you can import direct from the card, as your experiments have shown.
    It may be due to the processing of the video as it comes off the camera.
    Other people may have a solution though.

• Why problem downloading movie from itunes?

Purchased movie from itunes, downloading started, showed as processing but it's been like that all day. Tried to cancel download and everything froze. It has happened before.
    Why am I having problems downloading a film?

Hi elenailko,
    If your movie download needs to be resumed after stopping you may want to use the steps in this article to do so -
    iTunes: How to resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1725
    Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
    Best,
    Brett L

• Importing Movies from Canon SD1000?

I Can't import a movie taken on the Canon SD1000.
    Canon says this feature is not supported for Mac OSX.
    Is there any way to work around this?
    I tried iViewMedia Pro but that didn't work either.
    Please help.

I've been able to import movies from the SD1000 using Image Capture just fine. I just couldn't play them using Quicktime. (Quicktime says it needs some software and takes you to Apple's site but doesn't tell you what software you need! Duh...) Anyway Perian (mentioned above) did the trick!
    Justin

• Problems playing movie from itunes

when showing a movie from itunes on my LCD projector I receive the following message This movie can be played only on displays that support HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection).

Greetings out2sea5,
    In order to play HD video content purchased from iTunes all the components of your system, including your projector, must support the HDCP standard. See this article for reference -
    About HD videos in iTunes - Apple Support
    Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
    Be well,
    Brett L 

• PLEASE VERIFY: movies from canon cameras crash quicktime, finder, iPhoto!!

Hi, I just wanted to see if anyone else out there can duplicate this problem. I have tested this now on two different macbooks and one macbook pro with the same result. When dumping movies recorded off canon digital cameras, quicktime is unable to play them and immediately crashes without warning. I have tested this in many different cases. Even using image capture to pull the movies off works fine, but if you "preview" the movie using the column view in finder, or even using get-info, causes the finder to instantly reboot. I have tested this with the following cameras all with the same result:
    - Canon Powershot SD200
    - Canon Powershot A85
    - Canon Powershot A70
    For all you macbook owners out there, here is a small sample movie that I recorded a few minutes ago from a powershot A70. This movie plays fine on every PowerPC based mac I have tested, but as of yet, no Intel mac will play it. Let me know what you guys find! Also, if you click on this movie and safari gives you the "quicktime with question mark" then try ctrl-clicking and doing "download linked file" and then play it in the finder. You'll see. It'll crash
    http://www.cs.utah.edu/~thayneq/MVI_0191.AVI
    ~thayne
    White Macbook 2.0Ghz, 2GB ram, superdrive   Mac OS X (10.4.6)  

It played fine on my MacBook as well.
    You might create a new user on your MacBook using the Accounts System Preferences. Log out and log in as the new user. Import your movie into the new user's account. Does the movie make the Finder crash as well? If so, you have a system-wide problem. If not, then your user has a preference or setting problem.
    -Doug

• Problems with Audio from Canon SD1000

Hi,
    I've been taking a lot of video lately with my Canon SD1000 and I'd like to edit it with titles and effects. It's a point and shoot still picture camera, but it takes pretty decent video.
    I import my clips to iMovie HD, everything is fine, they play. The problem comes when I add titles to the clips. This causes the audio on the clip to be replaced by this put put put sound.
    I then tried editing on Quicktime Pro and it also didn't like the clips.
    I tried using Mpeg Streamclip to turn the AVI's from the Canon SD1000 into...well I tried turning them into everything from Mpegs to DV files and everything in between. Still, like before, the audio works until I add titles to the clip.
    Does anyone have an idea if the SD1000's movies are just incompatible with iMovie HD? Or is there some fix I can implement?
    Your help would be appreciated.

QuickTime expects video files with separate video and audio tracks, but many MPEG formats used a muxed (multiplexed) single track that contains both. Therefore, when you convert videos they only show the video and no sound since iMovie (really QuickTime) is not looking for the audio track within the video track and it gets lost.
    One way that might be able to work around this is to use MPEG Streamclip to convert the files to fix this issue...
    http://www.squared5.com/
    Patrick

• Downloading Movies from Canon SD450

I just got a new iMac and so far I have had good luck. I use a little point and shoot camera from time to time, which also takes video (Canon SD450). It does not show up as a device, which is no big deal because aperture sees it and I am able to import my photos.
    The problem is, how do I download the .AVI's the camera records? Canon does not have an app for OS X, is there a native app in OS X that can download the video? if so, how?
    This camera is on apples supported device list. I also have a Canon 20D that does not show as a device either, except in aperture.
    I am a former windows user, so dumb it down for me :P
    Thanks in advance,
    Scott

Sorry... I should have read Canon's site further:
    "Also, movie files shot with PowerShot cameras cannot be downloaded in OS X via Image Capture or iPhoto. We suggest the use of ImageBrowser or an external card reader."
    I guess I will purchase a more robust card reader.
    Scott

• RAW Highlights Problem with conversion from Canon 5D

Hello All,
    I recently upgraded my camera from a Canon 20D to a Canon 5D. I shoot only RAW and I recently shot a couple of images of a beautiful sunset out West. I was bracketing the exposures all over the place since the light-drk contrasts were really large and the light was changing so fast. The images looked great on the Camera's LCD but, when I ran them through Aperture I got some really nasty artifacts on the conversions around the highlights. Here are examples:
    Full scene
    http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=307781903&size=l
    Full scene detail:
    http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=307781906&size=o
    Another example:
    http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=307781905&size=l
    the problem I see is with the nasty transition from yellow to white in the blown highlight. I also don't like the broad areas of flat yellow - the tonality is completely missing. These are the default RAW settings exported to JPGs and the poor image quality of the highlights looks identical on screen between the RAW images in Aperture and these JPGs, so it's not a JPG artifact.
    I don't recall having this problem with the 20D - is the 5D conversion more difficult for Aperture? Might I be doing something wrong? Is there a way to fix this? I ran the RAW file through lightroom and it didn't have the same problem. Please help!
    -Steve G

I have the same problems when I shot the sun rise and sun set.. It is very nasty transition from yellow to white or white to yellow from the sun. I don't think Aperture can fix that. It was over the exposure with the sun. And yes, it looks great on 2 inches LCD. I think you need to use filter when you shoot the sunset or sunrise to get the perfect lighting. Let me know, if you know the tweak with Aperture.. I will check out lightroom... I have alot of sunet and sunrise photos to correct.. and i checked out this place http://www.all-creatures.org/pics/sunset.html they have the same problems with yellow to white...

• Can I download JPG, RAW, MOV from Canon 7D along with helmet cam MOV's

I'll be going on a motorbike trip this summer and I'd rather take an iPad with a camera kit to download my Canon 7D jpgs, raw, and mov files. I also have a helmet cam that outputs MOV movies.
    Will this kit allow me to download all these files? I'm not concerned in the least about previewing any of this stuff. I simply want the ipad to store the files until I get home.
    Once I get home, how do I move the files to my macbook?
    Thanks.

Hi,
    Jpg and .mov files yes, I'm not sure if the iPad can read raw format.
    Follow the instructions at this link for transferring images and video to your computer from the iPad.
    Copying personal photos and videos from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer
    Carolyn

• Imovie '08 won't manually import movies from Canon Elura 100

I previously manipulated movies using Windows (oh the horror), but moving over to the Mac world has presented an issue with importing movies. To define clips that were easier to edit, I previously put 2 second, closed-shutter spaces between clips. imovie isn't bridging the gaps between clips and won't allow me to further import the movies automatically, nor manually import them.
    When I use the onscreen play button, the camera starts for an instant and then immediately stops.
    Are there settings to overcome this?

iphoto '11 version 9.2.3.
    The camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ20 and I am using a Sandisk Ultra SDHC card.
    I think it might be something to do with the camera and/or SD card as when I upload from my DSLR camera or my phone I don't have this problem.
    It imports the still version of the movie but not the movie itself. I have inadvertently deleted several videos lately and its getting very frustrating!!
    Ta

• SUDDENLY I PHOTO 6.0.6 DOES NOT IMPORT MY MOVIES FROM CANON SD 450.

Suddenly I have a problem importing the movies taken by my canon sd 450 into iPhoto 6.0.06. I don't remember if I had imported any others after updating iPhoto, but I have never had this problem before. I tried using Image Capture to bring in the AVI's, but they imported, but iPhoto would not import them, and Quicktime could not open them, saying that Quicktime could not "parse" the movie.
    Any help?

Some things to try
    1. Check that you have the latest version of Quicktime - it's 7.1.5
    2. Check the Canon site for updated drivers for your Camera
    3. Try installing Perian
    Regards
    TD

• Problem capturing video from Canon Vixia hg20 to Adobe Elements ,

Hey ,
    So I am having alot of difficulty capturing video to Adobe Elements 2.0 from my Canon Vixia hg20 video camera . I am trying to capture using the USB 2.0 port , which I do have the drivers installed for.. If anyone else has had a similar problem and a solution , I would love to hear about it , .
    Basically the camera is not even detecting in the software , not really sure what to do??
    thanks John

From Cannon Web
    Issue: What folder are the videos stored in on the camcorder?
    Solution: List of the directory and file structure of AVCHD camcorders
    For users who wish to "drag and drop" the video files created by the camcorder the videos can be located by drilling down thru the following folders.
    Double click on the removeable disc drive icon to display the root folder of the drive.
    Double click on the [AVCHD] folder
    Double click on the [BDMV] folder.
    Double click on the [STREAM] folder. The video files are located in this folder with a .mts file extension.
    - Depending on the software you are using the file extension may need to be renamed to .m2ts to be useable in your playback or editing software.
    PE7 Support MTS File

Maybe you are looking for

• Purchasing options

I usually use my credit card when purchasing music in the iTunes Store. I recently got a new credit card and is currently studying abroad and now I can't purchase music using my credit card. My question is now: is there any alternative option regardi

• Acrobat won't launch/start-up. It gave me "Acrobat X quit unexpectedly." and refuse to load.

Hi I did a fresh installation of Mastercollection CS6 on my new macbook. The other softwares such as photoshop, illustrator work perfectly fine except for Acrobat X. It just simply won't start and it kept giving the "Acrobat X quit unexpectedly." I t

• Flash web gallery

I wanted to make a web gallery using Bridge CS4. The preset was flash gallery. The problem is that all diagonal lines in the pictures end up terribly jagged! Lightroom btw. made a perfect flash gallery with the same pics.

• Sound distortion after virtual sound installation on Satellite A80

My sound distorts after i install virtual sound, it is driving me mad. I downloaded all the toshiba drivers.

• RSS feeds not updated

The rss feeds on: http://www.oracle.com/technology/syndication/rss_otn_dev.xml are not updated.