Problems with my brand new T520

Hi, I am new to this forum and I was wondering if I am the only one with this issue. I just got my T520 yesterday. Today, when I turned it on it started showing a horizontal line on the screen (FHD 1920x1080) and the screen is split in two. This happens from the boot up (so it's not Windows 7 related I guess).
Here are a couple of the issues (one during bootup, the other one in windows)
During bootup
Windows 7
This is my second Lenovo T5xx, and I am kind of surprised the screen didn't last a day. So right now I am having serious doubts about the quality of the brand. I am hoping it's just a fluke and I am sure glad it happened as soon as I got it and not after I had installed my development environment.  I'd be interested to know if other users have had this issue too (I know something similar happened with the T4xx series but never heard of it with the T5xxs).

Appears to me that your VSync is off.  Best to contact Tech Support unless someone here knows how to adjust that.
I have never seen that on my T510 or T60.

Similar Messages

• Hello, I have a big batterylife problem with my brand new iPod touch 4Gen 8GB white. Please help...

Hello, I have a big batterylife problem with my brand new iPod touch 4Gen 8GB white. Please help?

What battery life are you getting?  Is it short when you are using the iPod? When it is sleeping?

• Problem with my brand new mp3 player Zen Stone Plus 2GB ( with built in speaker )

Hi .
    I have purchased the following Zen Stone Plus 2GB with built in speaker on 24.06.2008.
    From day one, it had a charging problem . Initial charging it'snever go beyond 87%.
    After using it for 2 days, at the time of recharging , I found my player won`t get dectected in my PC .
    I took the set to the vendor for a checkup . He tried to solve it by resetting , formating etc. But he could only able to to format it's sacrificing its 50% of its allocated space.
    My vendor then changed the set with a brand new one, againts that faulty one .
    Now the new one worked well for 3 - 4 days , but it is now totally dead .
    But the set did not give any indication before it become completely dead.
    A few dust particles inside the LCD screen was also observed. I can`t understand how come dust particles can enter inside
    a player which is sealed box pack .
    Next issue is with the battery which CREATIVE promised of giving a backup of approx 20 hrs of continious playback , which with minimal scuffling and with minimal settings lasted for 0 hrs approx ( 50% less than promised ).
    Another thing that i must state is the problem of FM Reception . It is simply terrible . In the same area where my mobile's FM reception is fine , Zen Stone's FM failed to give any reception .
    I came to know about Zen Stone Plus from of my friend , who is using Zen Stone Plus GB without any problem for long time.
    Pls tell me what to do now, since my player is compleately out of order now , and pls suggest me something regarding the issue of battery backup , FM reception ... etc.
    Now i am in a total mess . I just dont know what to do with the set that is few days old .
    Pls help urgently .
    Waiting for any valued suggestion .
    Bye ...

Hi,
    I would suggest getting in touch with support, they might be able to help you with this.
    Go to the Support section of the website and select your product. On your right, click on Contact Us. You will be provided with a list of troubleshooting options. Click on the one closes to your issue. Go through the suggestions and if the does not work or you have already tried that, scroll to the bottom and click on No, escalate to email. This should bring you to the email form to contact support.

• Strange Problems with Two Brand New Toshiba Satellites

Hello,
    Two weeks ago, I purchased a brand new Toshiba Satellite C55-A5300 from Best Buy. Several days ago, it began having strange problems and I had to exchange it for a new one. However, my new one is having the exact same problems as the original. I’ve enjoyed working on and troubleshooting computers in the past, but I’m completely baffled and cannot pinpoint what could be wrong.
    Here are some of my symptoms:
    Whenever the computer boots up, I cannot click on anything unless I perform Ctrl-Alt-Del.
    No matter what web browser I use, there are certain things I cannot click on. For instance, I cannot click the X at the top right corner to exit the browser. When I go on YouTube, I cannot pause the video, adjust the volume, etc.
    I cannot drag music onto iTunes from any of my folders or external HDs.
    Whenever I try to download a program such as VLC Media Player, the computer won’t let me and considers the file “damaged.”
    In Microsoft Excel, if I select one of the cells, I cannot deselect it; and in Microsoft Word, I cannot right click on certain things.
    As mentioned, I had these exact same problems on the previous C55-A5300 that I returned. I’ve tried performing system restores, but they do nothing. I haven’t downloaded anything except the programs listed above. Plugging in my external HDs seems to somehow worsen the problem.
    I’ve also tried using several mouses, but have still had the same problems. Perchance is there something wrong with my mouse settings, since all my problems seem to be mouse-related?
    Any and all feedback is substantially appreciated! Thanks.

glad to hear it fixed itself
    L305-S5955, T9300 Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 60GB SSD, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

• Upstart problem with my brand new Imac 27" I5

I have just bought a brand new Imac 27" I5, and have had an 24" before, and i am so happy about the ned 27" I5 late 10.
    When i start up the new Imac i get the apple icon with the white upstart window, and the next window is blue, and than i doesn't get any further. The harddisk stop spinning, and the cooler stops, but there is just a blue screen, and the only thing to do is a hardware reset by the start up buttom.
    It starts up again, and the 3 or 4 time a can start up, and all the things works. But sometimes, when the computer goes to sleep mode, the screen fills with all kinds of colours.
    I am very unhappy about it, and hope someone can help me.
    I have tried to re install the osx, but it have not helped med
    Kindly regards
    MTP

Call AppleCare or return it to the store for repair.

• Big problem with my brand new Inspire M4500

This model has got 4 channels for it's four small speakers and as far as I know that they should be separate especially when I test them in the sound's control panel -the one of the sound card not the windows- so I can check every single speaker, Unfortunately when I do that then the following happens, when I click the right-front speaker I get a low sound but it takes place on the both of the right-front and right-rear satellites with the same sound level, and when I test the right-rear satellites, I hear a higher sound but also on the two of them and at the same sound level, the same thing occurs for the left side pairs, that means it's not surround it's plain stereo at the moment.
    That really made a sad and frustrated person of me! I've just purchased it, and unfortunately the coming three days are holidays here for our feast, so the shop will be also closed. I've tested the speakers in a later time of my purchase; I never imagined this would happen, I've double checked the connections of both the analog to the sound card cables also the setup for the 4.1 speaker in both the sound card's control panel and windows, I'm wondering if there's something I should have done in the first place!
    Have anyone of you been through trouble like this before?!

Hi,
    I would suggest getting in touch with support, they might be able to help you with this.
    Go to the Support section of the website and select your product. On your right, click on Contact Us. You will be provided with a list of troubleshooting options. Click on the one closes to your issue. Go through the suggestions and if the does not work or you have already tried that, scroll to the bottom and click on No, escalate to email. This should bring you to the email form to contact support.

• I have two problems with my brand new iphone 3gs...

The first question I have is how do I get my phone to accept photos in text messages? I can send them but not receive them.
    Second, I keep having No Service on my phone when my husband can be sitting beside me and have service on his. We both have Telus as a provider and he has an iphone 4 and I have the 3GS. Anyone else encounter similar issues? Thanks. I just got this phone so it's frustrating.

I did have one on it, and I thought the same thing since then I have took the case off. Didn't help. The Apple phone support tech even asked if the on off button was stuck and had me press it, so I did and you can feel it push in and release fine.

• If my iphone 5 has a problem within the first 30 days will apple replace it with a brand new one or will i get a refurbished model.

if my iphone 5 has a problem within the first 30 days will apple replace it with a brand new one or will i get a refurbished model??

If it is replaced under warranty, it will be replaced with a unit from the "replacement stock", which either will be a refurb or new (no way to distinguish these) and the S/N will indicate a replacement unit.
    The "30 day" rule varies from county to country, and applies only to returns, not replacement.

• I have set up a Netgear dual band modem which works well with the iPhone and an older MacBook, but with this brand new MacBook it asks for a password every time I reopen the computer and open safari. Is it Lion?

I have set up a Netgear dual band modem which works well with the iPhone and an older MacBook, but with this brand new MacBook it asks for a password every time I reopen the computer and open safari. As you can imagine this is very annoying. It says I am not connected to the internet and offers me a choice of nearby networks including mine and then asks for a password when I select it. Why does it do this with our new MacBooks (also with my son's brand new one) and not with the iPhone, iPad and older MacBook? They happily automatically connect to our network after entering the password just the once.

Sig, I appreciate you trying to be helpful. I have no idea what issues you were having or what issue exactly pgrounds has been having. Your assumption that everyone's set up is the same as yours is false however. There are many many documented WiFi issues that are a result of Lion installs. Many have been solved by 10.7.1 and 10.7.2. Others have been solved by a large variety of work arounds. Others have not had their issues solved yet.
    I am one of those. I have an IT background, and I spent the better of five hours digging up workarounds and attempting all of them. For the benefit oh anyone who is having similar issues, I have posted links to all of those workarounds here. None of them worked in my case, but hopefully they will help pgrounds or others.
    So, once again, if you have a new idea, I'd love to here it. But if it has already been posted in one of these links, it's not helpful, let it go.
    http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/22/wifi-dropping-in-os-x-lion-fixes/
    http://osxdaily.com/2011/11/06/lion-wi-fi-problems-solution-mac/
    http://blog.chron.com/techblog/2011/09/want-to-really-repair-permissions-on-your -mac-try-this/

• Pages 08 fonts- problems with Arial, Times New Roman - how do I repair them?

Pages 08 fonts- problems with Arial, Times New Roman - how do I repair them?
    Using 10.6.8 on MacBook Pro
    Mikeaaa

I am running Snow Leopard. Transferring the same texts to TextEdit has no problems, so this is a Pages problem, I think.  Corruption of Times New Roman and Arial fonts, I suspect, but where? and what do I do about it? I just need to be pointed to a source of advice, I think.
    Thanks
    Mikeaaa

• Other taking up space with a brand new iPhone

other taking up space with a brand new iPhone, never used or plugged in. 1st time conecting and it says 564.8mb other. WTH??

I'm sorry, I don't understand your comment. Any computer program has at least 2 divisions. A Code division and a Data division. When we talk about the size of a program or operating system we mean the size of the Code division. The Data division will be of variable size, and can change dynamically. So the size of iOS when you download it is the size of the code. Other includes the data division of iOS, plus the data divisions of all apps that come bundled with iOS, plus the Safari cache, plus all email messages, plus all texts, plus all contacts, plus all calender events, plus all notes, plus all reminders, plus the music catalog, plus album art, plus data used by the iTunes & App stores, plus data used by the Genius feature, pus data used by Game Center, plus data used by Apple Maps (but not Google maps if you have it), plus a few things I've probably forgotten about.
    Immediately after a new phone is activated, or after it is restored as new, Other still contains the data divisions of iOS. And if you have logged in to the iTunes and App stores during setup it contains the information from your account for those apps. And if you have logged in to iCloud it contains all of your iCloud contacts, calendar events, notes, reminders and email.
    I've explained this several different ways. I'm not going to try again.

• Hai Matt  I have a problem with download a new app. While I bought iphone5, I take iphone to shopkeeper for download some app and videos that he used his Apple ID . That's t problem now.. Not all the time his ID is appearing but some times hi

Hai Matt
    I have a problem with download a new app. While I bought iphone5, I take iphone to shopkeeper for download some app and videos that he used his Apple ID . That's t problem now.. Not all the time his ID is appearing but some times his Apple ID is appearing that time I can't download app, videos, songs.. So please guide me to remove that ID or how to solve that..
    Regards
    Babu

Check Settings/iTunes and AppStore/AppleID and make sure that your AppleID is filled in. If not , sign out and sign in with the correct info.
    To make sure that no other apps or videos are on your device than the one you bought, set it up as new device, explained here: How to back up your data and set up as a new device
    Content that is not bought with your ID can't be used on your phone, that's why his ID and password is asked when you try to use those apps downloaded in the store.

• I have recently entered my iPhone 5 into the battery replacement program, does apple replace it with a brand new iPhone if it is not damaged?

I have recently entered my iPhone 5 into the battery replacement program, does apple replace it with a brand new iPhone if it is not damaged?

No. I said it would be a refurbished one.
    Try looking up refurbished.

• Brand new Mac user with a brand new Mac problem!

Hi Everyone --
    I am a brand new Mac user... I've only had my MacBook Pro 13" for three days. My Mac has been continuously freezing while I use it. When it freezes I only have safari running so I know its not from application "overload". Once frozen, I cannot move the mouse, "esc" or use any commands. Essentially my only option is to force it to shut down by holding the power buttong down. Please let me know if anyone has any idea how to fix this! With school coming up I cannot afford for my computer to be freezing every 20 minutes!
    Thanks in advance.
    -Rachel

Well... I'd still take it back - let them know that you received it as a gift three days ago. They may still replace it for you or they may take it in for repair. Just be nice and explain that you don't expect a new MBP to function as it is (or malfunction) and let them, at least, run diagnostics on it. As it's so new, there may be something simple that they can fix as you wait. Did your boyfriend already register the machine with Apple or did you? They may take the registration date into account...
    But I'd take it to the Apple Store, regardless...
    Clinton

• Strange wifi problem on a brand-new MacBook Pro

Hey there, I'm new here. Desperation has got the better of me, and I hope I can get some advice.
    So, last sunday I bought a brand new 13" MacBookPro with 2.8g i7 processor and 10.7.2 OS (I can't update to 10.7.4 because System Update tells me the download has been tampered with or corrupted after I waited 2 hours for it to finish, but I'm trying a direct download from the website). Here's the exact product: http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MD314LL-13-3-Inch-VERSION/dp/B005CWIZ4O/ref= sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1340301247&sr=8-5&keywords=macbook+pro+13
    Everything is all perfect except for a strange wifi problem. Note that the wifi does not turn-on or off, it doesn't disconnect after 'sleep', it doesn't get less speed, it doesn't constantly leave a preferred connection (once I chose my home wifi it always connects to it no problem). The wifi bar is always full. What is wrong is that the internet is kinda 'glitchy'. The best metaphor I can think of is that it's like a car that has to be pushed down the road before the engine can start. Please, bear with me because this is kinda hard to explain and I'm not good at tech lingos.
    One of the symptoms is browsing can get really slow and inconsistent, almost as if the wifi gets turned off in the middle of browsing. For example: if I look something up on Google and then open 5 new tabs, probably only 2 or 3 of those tabs will eventually load while the other two will not get past the long 'http:.......google.....etc etc' address and will eventually show one of those 'error loading page because there's no Internet connection' notice. This happens a lot. Sometimes I have to refresh/retry loading a page a couple of times before it finally loads, then usually everything will get back to normal and I will be able to open multiple tabs with no problem, but in a couple of minutes I would try to open another site and the problem will start again.
    So I tried to see how it does with downloading using iGetter. Fortunately I also have a Macbook (white-plastic casing one) and my brother has an old 2006 MacbookPro so I can compare. With those two older Apples iGetter starts receiving data in less than 8 seconds after I click Start, while my brand-new Macbook Pro can take up to 15-20 seconds, sometimes it doesn't even start at all and I have to re-click the start button. But once the download actually starts (on my new MacBook Pro), it downloads like normal, it doesn't stop and the speed is also as good as I can get. Strange huh? Hence, like a car that has to be pushed before the engine starts.
    I also tried 'speed testing' from a website with all 3 laptops. On my old MacBook and my brother's MacBook pro, once I click 'begin test' it takes only a couple of seconds of 'ping' before the download/upload speed measurements start, but with my new MacBook Pro (just like with iGetter) it takes up to almost a minute before the measurements start, sometimes it won't start at all and I have to re-start the test.
    Well, thanks for reading. And hope you can help me shed some light into this. Because it is really preventing me from really enjoying my new MacBook Pro. And if this is most likely a hardware problem, I'd better get back to the store and try to get it replace or something while it's only been 5 days. *cheers*

Hey guys.. Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I bought the MacBook in Indonesia where there are no such thing as an AppleCare. The only option is to leave the Apple product to one of the 'Authorized Apple care centre' and have whoever do whatever to it without guarantee of success. As for returning it and getting a brand new one, I also don't know if there is such a deal here, but that's actually a good idea, will try to go to the store tomorrow. Although, I'm worried that the problem might be with OSX Lion or something and getting a new one won't help.
    mark75090, I've tried resetting the router when I first noticed te problem, didn't work though. I've checked my new MacBook's wi-fi (option+click wifi bar) and it says 'PHY Mode: 802.11g', so does my MacBook and the old MacBook Pro. I don't know what those mean though, and I don't know whether or not my router is an N., can you tell me more please.. I have tried with the other two turned off, and only the new MacBook using the wi-fi but the problem persists. I have also tried connecting directly to the router, but as I described, the problem is too subtle for me to notice the difference.
    Also, if I create a brand new Wi-Fi connection in network preferences and connect to my router through the new Wi-Fi profile, the problem seems to be gone for an hour or so, then it always comes back though. I have also just finally installed 10.7.4, but it doesn't help either.

Maybe you are looking for

• My MacBook Pro keeps restarting due to a problem

I have a 13 inch MacBook Pro laptop. I purchased it mid 2012 and it is marked for 2010. My computer has restarted 3 times in the last 48 hours and I was wondering what I could do to fix it.

• Deploying Datasources

Hi All, I'm not sure if I should be posting this to the JNDI forum instead, but perhaps someone can help me. I'm trying to set up a BasicDataSource ( to eventually lead to a ConnectionPoolDataSource ) using the JDataconnect product from NetDirect. Ev

• JBO-25001 Error substituting NewHireAM application Module

Hi, I am working on an upgrade from EBS 11i to EBS 12.1.3. We have the NewHireAM extended to do further checks for duplicate persons etc. This worked fine on 11i, but when we try to implement this on R12, we get a JBO-25001 Name Clash Exception on th

• MF60 Material staging (Error E7021 by staging)

Hi, I've tried to stage the components through the T.Code MF60. I get 100 pc in the storage location and I need 120 for my production order. I got an error(E7021) 20 pc shortfall. I would like to stage the available goods 100 pc in spite of the diffe

• Why isn't there an "Apple Store Gift Card" tab in the payment section of the Online Store's checkout?

I'm serious! I bought an Apple Store Gift Card relier today and I first tried to redeem it on iTunes (that didn't work for obvious reasons). So then I tried to buy an iTunes gift card with it, but when I get to the checkout section there isn't an "Ap