Prs-t1 is not properly rendering indic unicode fonts. Works fine in prs-t2

Hi
prs-t1 is not properly rendering indic unicode fonts (Hindi, Telugu etc).  Same epub works fine in prs-t2 and it renders the fonts properly.
Solved!
Go to Solution.

Hi
“Ind” had emailed me, a file with a font issue.
On his first post, he wrote: “…prs-t1 is not properly rendering indic unicode fonts (Hindi, Telugu etc).  Same epub works fine in prs-t2 and it renders the fonts properly…”
Even I had the same results.
Only ReaderforPC and PRS-T1 had such font issue.
All other softwares (MS Word, MS Notepad, Adobe Digital Editions, Calibre, Sigil, etc) and PRS-T2 are viewing Indic Unicode fonts correctly.
I had copied the “defective” text from ReaderforPC and pasted it on MS Word. But surprise! The same text on MS Word had no font issue anymore!!!!
That means: “the file is without font issue!"
The issue is on "Reader for PC" software and on PRS-T1’s firmware!
Probable solutions.
For Sony Software Developers:
Correct ReaderforPC software.
Correct PRS-T1 firmware.
For all other in order to read ebooks with Indic Unicode fonts (Hindi, Telugu, etc.):
Use Sony PRS-T2/T3 Reader Device
On PC use:
--Adobe Digital Editions http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html (to read ebooks with Adobe DRM or DRM-free)
--Calibre http://calibre-ebook.com/ to read DRM-free ebooks
--Sigil (free epub editor) http://code.google.com/p/sigil/  to modify ebooks (only DRM-free ebooks)
-- or other software
Thanks “ind” for the feedback
Jannis

Similar Messages

• Ipod 4th gen volume buttons not working. Volume bar not showing in music or video apps, not a speaker problem as this works fine when testing built in alarm tones???

Ipod 4th gen volume buttons not working. Volume bar not showing in music or video apps, not a speaker problem as this works fine when testing built in alarm tones???

Have you tried the standard fixes:
    - Reset:
    Reset iPod touch:  Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home
    button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    - Restore the iPod from backup via iTunes
    - Restore the iPod to factory defaults/new iPod.
    If still problem you likely have a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genus Bar of an Apple store is in order.

• Why can't i update itunes on windows xp? It says update server could not be contacted but internet is working fine. I'm trying to go from itunes 10 to itunes version 11

why can't i update itunes on windows xp? It says update server could not be contacted but internet is working fine. I'm trying to go from itunes 10 to itunes version 11

Windows System Requirements
    PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor and 512MB of RAM
    Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, 32-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
    64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 require the iTunes 64-bit installer
    400MB of available disk space
    Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store
    See Here  >  http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3125
    From Here  >  http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/troubleshooting/

• My Ipod was in my back pocket and when I took it out it has a white screen with 3 grey lines going threw it, and not even 5mins before, it was working fine... what could i be? it also isnt hooking up to itunes... please help

My Ipod was in my back pocket and when I took it out it has a white screen with 3 grey lines going threw it, and not even 5mins before, it was working fine... what could i be? it also isnt hooking up to itunes... please help

Try:
    - iOS: Not responding or does not turn on
    - Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode
    How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings
    - If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.
    - If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.
    Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar       

• I just installed CC Lr 5.5 and it will not open on my laptop but works fine on my desktop.

I just installed CC Lr 5.5 and it will not open on my laptop, but works fine on my desktop.

Try this:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/unable-launch-lightroom-55.html

• When I add a new contact number to my iphone 5c  and I try to select the iphone choice is not showing up; and it was working fine the day before. ?

when I add a new contact number to my iphone 5c  and I try to select the iphone choice is not showing up; and it was working fine the day before. ?Also when I try to send an imessage is not going trough as an imessage, it makes me send it as a message.

You're using Exchange Active Sync to synchronize contacts and calendars with your company Exchange Server. If the default calendar/address books are set to the Exchange account, it will sync automatically. This is normal.
    Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars to change the default address book and calendars to a something else, iCloud or something synced from your home computer instead.

• My Mac suddenly started getting a pop up message saying "There was a problem conecting to the server. URLs with the type "file" are not supported." My internet is working fine,no problem connecting. I just keep getting this message which I click off .

My Mac suddenly started getting a pop up message saying "There was a problem conecting to the server. URLs with the type "file" are not supported." My internet is working fine,no problem connecting. I just keep getting this message which I click off and continue working.

Open the Time Machine pane in System Preferences. If it shows that Time Machine is ON, click the padlock icon in the lower left corner, if necessary, to unlock it. Scroll to the bottom of the list of backup drives and click Add or Remove Backup Disk. Remove all the disks, then add them back. Quit System Preferences. Test.

• Trying to download CC Desktop. Loading bar freezes... how long does it take to download or is there another problem I'm not aware? Interne connection is working fine.

.. how long does it take to download or is there another problem I'm not aware? Interne connection is working fine.
    Thanks for any help in advance!

Are you using Windows computer or Mac?
    Also specify the version.

• I started getting messages 3 days ago that my Safari cannot establish a secure connection to Facebook, and it will not open that website. It worked fine for years before this occurred 3 days ago, what can I do to fix it?

I started getting messages 3 days ago that my Safari cannot establish a secure connection to Facebook, and it will not open that website. It worked fine for years before this occurred 3 days ago, what can I do to fix it?  OS 10.8.3, Safari 6.0.4

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.
    Click:   Remove All Website Data
    Then delete the cache.
    Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder
    Type or copy paste the following
    ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db
    Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.
    Quit and relaunch Safari to test.
    If nothing above helped, troubleshoot Safari extensions.
    From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.
    If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

• I just upgraded to Mavericks and suddenly youtube does not display correctly although other sites work fine. I am using the newest MacBook Air. Any suggestions?

I just upgraded to Mavericks and suddenly youtube does not display correctly although other sites work fine. I am using the newest MacBook Air. Any suggestions?

Hi ..
    Open System Preferences > Flash Player then select the Advanced tab.
    Click Delete All under Browsing Data and Settings
    Back to Safari. Press Command + Option + E to empty the Safari cache.
    Quit and relaunch Safari, try a video.

• I have an original MacBook Pro 17" It appears that the red is out of convergence. It is not the graphic card because it works fine with separate Monitor

I have an original MacBook Pro 17" It appears that the red is out of convergence. It is not the graphic card because it works fine with separate Monitor

Chrisj4203, thank you for your kind answer.
    I have done a lot of restores to the Iphone, and resets also.
    I;ve done holding both buttons as you sugested, but there is no signal appearing.
    I am in Uruguay, South America and the original company is Movistar ( Telefonica) and the new sim card is from ANTEL ( the officail and biggest company in my country).
    I don;t knoe what todo.
    I have been trying for more than one mont.
    I have gone several times to both companies. Aldo two times to Apple uruguay, and nobody can help me.

• I have 2 MacBooks upgraded to Mavericks. Mail on one will not accept my Exchange password. Works fine on other macbook and a mini. Help?

I have 2 MacBooks upgraded to Mavericks. Mail on my MB Air will not accept my Exchange password. Works fine on other macbook and a mini. Any ideas?

Hi, and welcome to Apple Support Communities.
    To be clear, are you talking about accounts set up in Apple's Mail application?

• My ipad will not swith on.  It was working fine an hour earlier but when I press the power on button nothing happens.  I have had it on charge just to be safe but no joy.  What options do I have?

My ipad will not swith on.  It was working fine an hour earlier but when I press the power on button nothing happens.  I have had it on charge just to be safe but no joy.    This is a basic first version ipad. What options do I have?

Try a reset. Press and hold both the home and power buttons 10-15 seconds till the Apple logo appears. Release both buttons. Wait 15-20 seconds till your iPad starts on it's own.

• Effects not automatically rendered in background while working on other things in v6.03?

Hi all,
    I am relatively new to PP CS6, so pardon me if this has been asked before. I've searched thoroughly on the net - there are similar questions, but not identical ones.
    i'm using a pretty powerful rig to edit my videos and here are the specs :
    i5 2500k
    16gb ram, allocated 14gb to PP, set to performance mode
    gtx 560ti with 1gb vram, set to MPE mode from the hack
    video source : iPhone, Galaxy Note 1080p, Canon 550D DSLR 720p videos
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/aeERL.png[/img]
    As seen in the image above, there's a small 'red' unrendered area in the sequence. I have added the warp stabilizer effect to a few of the clips, and most of them turned yellow after awhile, which means i can playback the seq smoothly without choppiness.
    However, at times, I'm not sure why these effects, even AFTER being rendered, still shows as RED and would be extremely choppy when i play it. CPU usage rams up when i first add it and it does the processing. As of now, it is idling and does not finish rendering the RED areas. is it supposed to be normal?
    I have to hit render entire work area for it to finish rendering all areas (which means I cannot do other stuff in the meantime!), and rendering takes EXTREMELY long. for instance, a 2 minute iphone clip takes around 40minutes to render ( minimal effects ).
    i thought the MPE might be a problem, so i tried disabling it and ran on software. turns out it's even slower than usual.
    any idea what i can do to make my CPU work full force in the background to render those RED areas while i'm editing other parts of the clip?
    Thanks!

1st, go to the CS5 Benchmark http://ppbm5.com/ and view the results... an i5 computer is not "a pretty powerful rig" especially for DSLR video
    Also, Iphone won't easily edit http://forums.adobe.com/thread/881246
    -and http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1011411?tstart=0
    -and a fix http://forums.adobe.com/thread/934466
    How many hard drives do you have... and do you have AT LEAST two separate hard drives?
    Read http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2011/02/red-yellow-and-green-render-bars.html to help understand rendering

• PDF Report with Korean font work fine in 9iDS but not in 9iAS

Hi,
    I am using Oracle 9i Application Server 9.0.2.0.0, When i try to run the report using Korean font The pdf report not showing the korean font correctly.
    I tried the same in 9ids , which is working properly. I have done exactly the same setting in 9ias, but it is not working.
    The Oracle ias report service dialog shows version 9.0.2.0.3
    My 9ias settings
    NLS_LANG = AMERICAN_AMERICA.KO16KSC5601
    In uifont.ali the settings are
    [ PDF ]
    .....ZHT16BIG5 = "MSungStd-Light-Acro"
    .....ZHS16CGB231280 = "STSongStd-Light-Acro"
    .....KO16KSC5601 ="HYSMyeongJoStd-Medium-Acro"
    Installed the Korean font(HYSMyeongJoStd-Medium-Acro) from Adobe site
    the font file HYSMyeongJoStd-Medium-Acro exist in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Resource\CIDFont
    also installed the asian Suit 2000(Union Way) on the ias server.
    I have checked the Smoothing display option also in Acrobat 5. The Document font is showing
    Origial font = HYSMyeongJoStd-Medium-Acro type=type1 (CID) Encoding=KSC-EUC-H
    Actual font = HYSMyeongJoStd-Medium-Acro type=type1 (CID)
    Anyone please let me know do i need to do any other changes or i need to apply any patch . Please reply, Thanks in advance
    with Regards
    Rohit.

Hi Navneet,
    Thanks for the immediate reply.
    As such there is no change in both the report servers , same output in win2000 and win2003. I am generating the rep from 9ids for both 9ids and 9ias, and i am using font UWKMJF which is korean charecter support, but 9ias is generating some junk charecters with spacing , 9ids is working fine.
    The PDf Document font is showing
    Origial font = HYSMyeongJoStd-Medium-Acro type=type1 (CID) Encoding=KSC-EUC-H
    Actual font = HYSMyeongJoStd-Medium-Acro type=type1 (CID)
    which is same as 9ids, but the data displaying in the pdf are not proper.
    As you mentioned about the patch, which patch i have to apply. can you please also mention the patch numbers.
    Please help me.
    Thanks and Regards
    Rohit.

Maybe you are looking for

• Financial Statement Version for Cash Flow

Dear Forum, Is it possible to craete a new FSV with opening and closing balances? Annelize

• "=" at the end of composed message

hey there, a friend of mine told me, that my emails composed in Mail contain a "=" at the end of the text (e.g. "Best wishes="), leading (at least in some cases) to a spam suspicion of my messages. I can only see this character if I choose to view in

• I did something dumb -- HELP!

I have the messiest desktop in the world -- for a 22" cinema display (one of the old ones). I found a neat tip on macosxhints to clean up your desktop using Automator. I created an action that was supposed to find all sorts of files on my desktop and

• Running CC and importing some 2500 items to be rendered and aerendercore stalls

System: Apple MP6,1 12-core, 1TB SSD, 64GB RAM, dual D700s. This seems to happen now and then. It's not consistent, but when it happens it is obviously annoying. Up to the point where aerendercore is running flat out it's using all 24 threads on my M

• Form for edit pair table

Hi, my problem is how to create edit form for pair two tables for example COMPANIES and CAMPAIGNS. create table COMPANIES ( id integer, name varchar2(100)); create table CAMPAIGNS ( id integer, name varchar2(100)); create table PAIRS ( id_company int