Putting an HD from a T60 into a T400

I have several dead T60's and also a dead T400 which has a non working hard drive.  One of the T60's worked fone, but had a non working display. I tried various options to get the display operational, but everntually concluded that the video board was defective.
What I'd like to do is remove the hard drive from the T60 and install it into the T400, which, if successful, would provide the T400 with a working hard drive, all the files contained therein, and a windows OS.
Is this a feasable plan or am I overlooking something?

The physical HDD from a T60 should work in a T400 as both are SATA drives. The drive might even work a bit faster since the T400 uses a SATA-II interface while the T60 is only SATA-I.
The issue is going to be the operating software and drivers that were installed on the T60. Some may not work properly on the T400. 
There's no harm in trying to move the HDD and see if/how it boots up. If there are driver errors then be sure to run ThinkVantage System Update to resolve them. In any case it's a good idea to run both Windows Update and TVSU as soon as possible to ensure that your system is up-to-date.
Cheers... Dorian Hausman
X1C2, TPT2, T430s, SL500, X61s, T60p, A21p, 770, 760ED... 5160, 5150... S360/30

Similar Messages

• I-photo:  I used 2 cameras to take pictures on a trip --- i have put the pictures from both cameras into an album --- when i click on view and then sort by date, the pictures do not sort by date --- any ideas on how to get the pics sorted by date?

I-photo:  I used 2 cameras to take pictures on a trip --- i have put the pictures from both cameras into an album --- when i click on view and then sort by date, the pictures do not sort by date --- any ideas on how to get the pics sorted by date?

Select all the photos that you need to change, then click the "Photos" menu and choose "Adjust Date and Time".
    If you add a year, it will adjust all the photos that you selected by adding a year (so if you accidentally select one of the photos that already has "2012", that will change to "2013"). 

• Why can I not put a picture from camera roll into an album?

Why can I not put a picture from my camera roll into an album now? When I try these are greyed out. I created these albums on my ipad too but ever since I updated to IOS 7 this can't be done, it was so easy before.

I can now answer my own question as I've worked it out. For those who are interested click on Shared Streams then on album you require photo to be in then click on the empty box with a cross in the centre and choose photo you wish to add.

• Putting attribute value from java level into sessionScope variable?

Hallo,
    is it possible to put an attribute value from java level into a sessionScope variable?
    For example when i'am in prepareSession is it possible to fill a sessionScope variable which i can use in a jspx-Site? And when how i must do it?
    Any help is appreciated.

At the java level i make this
    private void setUserIdIntoUserDataHashtable() {
    Integer userid = getUserIdForLoggedInUser();
    Integer groupid = getGroupIdForLoggedInUser();
    Hashtable userdata = getDBTransaction().getSession().getUserData();
    if (userdata == null){
    userdata = new Hashtable();
    userdata.put(PBConstants.CURRENT_USER_ID, userid);
    userdata.put(PBConstants.CURRENT_GROUP_ID, groupid);
    And when i at the java level i can use the constants. But i don't have an interaction at this point. Thats why i don't now how to bring the values to a sessionScope variable i need later in a / some sites?

• I put the sdcard from my camera into the large disc slot and it is stuck!!

I put the sd card from my camera into the large disc slot and it is stuck. I've tried shaking it out.

The safest option is to take it into an apple retail store or an authorized service provider. It is a bad idea to stick things in the disk drive to try to get the SD card out and risk any more possible damage.

• My sister passed away. I have her Ipod touch. Can I put her music from her touch into my Itunes library on my computer and how?

My sister passed away two months ago. I have her Ipod touch. Can I put her music from her Ipod touch into my Itunes library on my computer and how?

- Unless you also have the originals of the  music (CDs), you do not have right to the music.
    - If they were purchased in iTunes and you can transfer them by the following.  You must know and have control of  the iTunes account and password.
    iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to a computer

• When I put a song from the internet into an album with bought songs, it doesn't show the artwork for the added song. How do I get it to have the same artwork as all the other songs in the album?

If that was confusing, I'll reexplain it:
    S, I bought 2 Lil Jon Kings of Crunk songs from itunes that were on the same album. The album was clean with no explicit sign on the artwork. Prior to buying those songs, before I had money in itunes, I got a song from that album from youtube, and I didn't put in "- clean" in the album name of that song. So, yesterday, I combined those 3 songs into just one clean album (the youtube song was clean also). Now, the 2 bought songs have the artwork without the explicit sign, but the youtube song has no artwork at all anymore. How can I make them share the same artwork?

Drag the artwork from the artwork window to the desktop.  Then, select the song without artwork and drag the artwork to the blank artwork window.

• How can I put my music from iTunes Gallery into my iPod?

I had another iPod which broke, so I exchanged it for another one. On the previous iPod, I had purchased music which were stored on my iTunes gallery. Now, I can't put the music back into my newer iPod. Helpp?

Unfortunately, when I plug it in and press sync, it only syncs the music I bought from the new iPod. Also, I did check the button that says 'Entire music Gallery'.
    lllaass wrote:
    You should just be able to sync the music to the iPOd.  What happens whenyou try to sync?  Is the iPod signed nto the iTunes account the purchased the music?

• Putting data read from a StreamTokenizer into an array.

I need to put the data that I have read from a file using a streamtokenizer into an array, so that I can use it later on in my program.
    If anyone can help I would be grateful!!

Here's a link that should help. It even includes an example:
    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/first_edition/html/javaio.doc14.html

• How can I put these files from my dropbox into MS Word?

After using migration assistant, I had 2 user accounts set up by accident. I finally figured out how to move/share files from the cloned user account to my new account. Anyway, I moved all my music and pictures into itunes and iphoto, but now, how & where do I drag and drop my pdf, excel, & word files into Microsoft Office? I am a new apple user, converting from a PC. Here is a picture of the Drop Box. Thank you

Similar to a PC, you can open Word, Excel, etc., and use the File/Open command to navigate to any folder, including that drop box, to open files. Also similar to a PC, you can store Microsoft Office files in any folder inside your Documents folder, so you can simply drag your Office files out of the drop box and into whatever project folders you have created within your Documents folder, and then open them in Office from there.
    You can also open any of these documents in Word or Excel by dragging them to the appropriate application icon if they are visible, or if you have added Word, Excel, etc. application icons to the Dock you can drag the documents there too. That last part is much like on a PC where you drag a document from any folder to an application icon in the Windows Taskbar.
    As you can see there is actually very little difference in how this works between a PC and a Mac.

• How/Can i put a file from my library into my podcast section of itunes

im listening to a podcast that isnt on itunes. I put the feed in the first night i listened to it and downloaded the 4 most recent episodes. i went back a few days later and downloaded 8 older shows but i got them straight from their website, not through itunes because they arent listed on the podcast directory. how do i take those 8 files and add them to the podcast section with the other 8 episodes?

Re-Add Selected Tracks as Podcast
    http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/scripts07.php?page=1#readdaspodcast
    Regards,
    Colin R.

• How can I put selected pictures from camera roll into a seperate album removing them completly from camera roll??

Im gunna be straight up honest here.. I have some rude pictures of my girlfriend on my iphone which I would like to keep for my own personal viewing but obviously dont want family and friends seeing when they are flicking threw my camera album which often happens. I had intended to make a private album put them all in there and put a passcode on the album. With all of apples features I would of thought this would be a standard thing you could do, however when I made the private album the pictures were still in my camera roll and if I try to delete them I am told the pictures will be removed completly from my phone.. This is stupid. What is the point in being able to make albums if the pictures are going to still all be in the camera roll!? Does anybody know of a way I can move pictures from camera roll to a private album?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Photos placed in a user created album or in an existing album are not copied/duplicated. The photos placed in an album include a pointer to the original photos stored in the Camera Roll. Having an album for select photos is for viewing the select photos only without having to see all photos in the Camera Roll.
    The same applies to albums transferred from your computer. All photos transferred from your computer are stored in the Photo Library. Photos on the albums below include a pointer to the original photos stored in the Photo Library. The photos appear as they are duplicated when they are not. This way you can view the photos in an album only by selecting the album, or all photos on the Photo Library or Camera Roll by selecting it.

• My iPhoto finally opened thanks to OT. But when I put the card from my camera into the reader, there is no import possibility. Where did it go?!

My iPhoto finally opened thanks to OT. But it won't import new photos from my camera when I insert the card into the card reader.

OT  ==  Old Toad
    Lady Cady - look using the finder - are there photos on the card? Will Image capture (in your applications folder) see any photos?
    LN

• Putting my fotos from Photoshop 5 into this new computer

I have the fotos in a 8GB Toshiba flash drive but I am old, and have too much new going on to get it done. I need to know how to open things in the right place to get this issue taken care of.

Can you clarify a few details? Do you have Photoshop 5 installed on your new computer? Also, what operating system are you using, and which version?

• I want to be able to put my photos from my iPhone on tomy ipad

I want to be able to put my photos from my iPhone into my new ipad, although I can do it for the most recent ones I have taken through photo stream,  I can't for the ones I took before I got my ipad, can anyone help?

Photo stream has a limit on both the number of photos that can reside in iCloud and the age of the photos that can reside.
    Have you tried syncing the photos into iTunes and then sync the photo library to the iPad?

Maybe you are looking for

• More than one network home directory? (newbie question)

I have a brand new shiny XServer for a small school. They wanted their Macs managed and secured so I eagerly started moving ahead with it. Now, because of the specific file sharing requirements of the school (teachers want access to student accounts

• Terminal Problems - Can't open a new full size window

When I open Terminal, I get a tiny little corner of a window that shows only the Red Close window button. All new windows open the same way. I can't enlarge the window by dragging or menu commands. The Terminal is basically worthless in this state. I

• Re-install of Illustrator 10 isn't all there...........

AI 10 wasn't working right for some time, so I reinstalled hoping for a better performance. Now, there's no plugins, and I get a "missing plugin" message with every old file I open-like Calligraphic Brush, drop shadow missing, etc.; all the tools are

• EJB QL - removal from 2 tables in one query

Hi All, I have a question - can I delete data from 2 tables in the one EJB 3 query ? For example: delete from AaaaaSaaaaRaaaaa a, AaaaaFaaaaaRaaaaa b where a.id = b.id and a.startTime < :STARTTIMEAaaaaSaaaaRaaaaa and AaaaaFaaaaaRaaaaa - two separated

• Outbound Delivery - Storage Location not Picking Up.

Hi all.. I am trying to create a Outbound Delivery , but the Storage Location is not picking up at all. Its blank . ... Please any one guide me what are all the Master Data checks and config checks i have to look upon. Thanks Balaji