[Radeon] MSI RX9250-T128

Hi.My name is adrian and i'm from Malaysia. I recently purchased a MSI graphic card, that is the RX 9250-T128. This is an AGP based VGA card. I bought it to upgrade my home PC, which is a Pentium 4 processor, based on a MSI motherboard, which is the MSI 845G MAX motherboard. I bought my home PC way back in 2002.
Now, the problem is, once installed the card in the AGP slot, the computer doesn't boot up. Now, the RX 9250 is said in the system requirements to be compatible with AGP 4x.My MSI 845G has an AGP 4x slot and not an AGP 8x slot.
Even before purchasing the VGA card, I checked out from the MSI website about the requirements and the compatibily of both the card and the motherboard. There was nothing about non-compatibilty of these both the motherboard and VGA card.
so what is the problem and what can be done to rectify the problem???PLEASE HELP!!!!

i oso ... i jz brought the MSI RX9250-T128 2 upgrade my old graphic card.. but duno y fail 2 install the driver tat come along wif the graphic card tat provide by MSI? normally wat  is the problem? i am using the winXP, the window XP din show any ATI 9250 driver? How will like tis?

Similar Messages

• [Radeon] MSI RX9250 Driver

i oso ... i jz brought the MSI RX9250-T128 2 upgrade my old graphic card.. but duno y fail 2 install the driver tat come along wif the graphic card tat provide by MSI? normally wat  is the problem? i am using the winXP, the window XP din show any ATI 9250 driver? How will like tis?

i had try 2 install a new copy of winxp into my another hard disk..... tis time more worst.... i even can't login to the winxp.. after loading... it is a jz a black screen.... so i try to login into the winxp safe mode... but this time the driver can b install but after i restart.. the problem is still like tat.. nothing change....
    i oso discover tat.. windowsXP do not have the ATI 9250 driver 1? y will like tis? izzit the ATI 9250 is the latest ATI product??
    can anyone can help me solve tis problem?? thank first...

• MSI RX9250-T128 64 or 128 bits

Hi,
    I have MSI RX9250-T128 how can I see (utility) if it is 64 or 128 bits.
    TIA,
    MC

Download everest and go under 'Display ---> GPU'. It should display any information you require about the card.

• MSI RX9600-T128 + ATi Catalyst 6.2 = INF Error

I would like to know tech information about MSI RX9600-T128 (chip, memory etc).
    Where can i find comparation with ATi 9500, 9600SE, 9600Pro based video cards?
    I've got a problem instaling ATi Catalyst 6.2  with RX9600-T128 running WindowsXP.
    Also I would like to download WinXP x64 drivers for this video card.
    Thanks to all for your future post...

Quote from: Richard on 19-February-06, 22:42:36
    Livesms,
    You asked for the specs on the different Vid Card, I justed their Core and Memory speeds, if you want something different, please specify.
    I'm interested is there a big differnese in 3d games and such other things beatween MSI RX9600-T128 (obility Radeon 9600 (FireGL T2-128), 325MHz) and this cards
    ATI Radeon 9250 128mb
    ATI Radeon 9500 128mb
    ATI Radeon 9550 128mb
    GeForce FX 5200 128mb
    GeForce FX 5500 128mb
    GeForce4 Ti4200 64Mb
    GeForce 6200A 128Mb Eagle
    In % or other objective values:)
    As for the mobility chip, unless you are using a notebook computer, do not bother.
    I'm using desktop with this video card. But it is built on Mobility chip.
    If you told us what you wanted to do, I am sure we could find you a better Vid Card.
    Was it my mistake to by this video card. In store i saw label "MSI ATi Radeon 9600" and i decided to by it...
    Or it is better to return it to store and take some other from list i metioned?
    Now for your problem, download Driver Cleaner to remove your old Vid Card Drivers before installing your new Drivers. I would also scan your comp for Viruses, Spyware, and other Malware too.
    Drivers for WinXP i've found - Omega Driver Pack - it works without errors (till now)
    Now i'm looking for WinXP x64 drivers.
    I'm using NOD32 with up-to-date bases:) is it enough?

• MSI RX9250

I'm about to add an agp graphics card to my Dell optiplex desktop, the slot for the graphics card is low profile, will the MSI RX9250 fit, if not does anyone know of any that will?

neg213,
    The RX9200SE-T128 is about as low profile as they come:
    Take Care,
    Richard

• Need Cooling Fan For MSI FX5200-T128

Can anyone suggest a cooling fan to fit the MSI FX5200-T128.

Originally posted by cgrossi
    man, for me to overclock my fx5200 t128, i fitted a coolermaster dp5-6j31c that i used on my 1800+.
    Thats a pretty big heatsink. Doesnt it put strain on the AGP slot?

• [Radeon] MSI RX9550SE Can't Get Any Drivers to Work

Board is recognized my O/S but I can only get a vidoe signal with generic VGA driver.  Currently the board only shows in my devices as MSI RX9550SE T128 Secondary.  If I try installing drivers from installation disk with board, latest from MSI site or Catalyst 5.3 from ATI I get the same result - black screen {no signal} using these drivers but system boots fine.  All of these drivers cause message that they are not XP signed but I continue anyway.  I have removed and reinstalled device numerous times, no difference.
    I have set the BIOS AGP to 4 instead of 4x/8x.  I have updated my BIOS and MSI board drivers to the latest.  I notice in other threads that there may be issued with some MB for instability using PS/2 mouse and keyboard.  Sometimes this devices are not recognized and have to reboot and wehn sw\itching users in XP system reboots itself.  Have not switched to USB mouse and keyboard yet.
    Kind of pointless to have this vidoe board if I can only run the generic VGA driver which gives me none of the performance the board should.  I must have something not set right, this should work just fine.  Any suggestions?

Got rid of MB drivers and ATI drivers, used Device Cleaner
    Installed latest nVidia neoforce and ATI catalyst from their websites.  Now XP Devices shows MSI RX9550SE T128 {and appears disabled} and MSI RX9550SE T128 Secondary {appears enabled}.  Both show the driver as the current ATI driver I installed.  If I enable the non-secondary device screen goes black but computer still runs (does not reboot}.
    However, Advanced Setting from desktop properties under Adapter shows no identified adapter type with all items under Information as <unavailable>.  Adapter properties say VgaSave.  Catalyst Control Center does not open when launched and running ATI Wizard produces "Catalyst Control Center Desktop Setup Failed".
    Seems like I have more issues than a driver problem.  None of my devices report any conflicts.  Any other ideas?  MSI support says to use their drivers since they may tweak ATI's some for their products.

• MSI RX9250-TD128 Problem: Jumbled video at top of monitor after windows starts

I'm trying to intsall my new MSI radeon 9250 128MB video card in my year 2000 vintage Dell dimension 750 series desktop.
    I've tried installing all of the drivers provided on the driver cd and I keep getting the problem of a jumbled bar of video displayed at the very top of my monitor once Windows starts up i.e. once display would go to 1600X1400 or whatever.
    I am able to boot up in safe mode.
    About my computer:
    Windows 2000 professional
    750 MHz pentium iii processor
    340 mb ram
    an AGP slot that fits the card (im not sure what type, anyone know how i can check if it is 2x 4x 8x?, i don't think this is the problem though because it is supposed to be compatible with 4x)
    note: when i open up the device manager and go under display adapters, radeon 9200 series..  the "general" tab says that there is no driver installed.  However, when I look under the driver tab, it lists the driver that is installed and the various driver files that are installed.
    another note:  in the device manager there are two display adapters, "radeon 9250" and "radeon 9250 (secondary)" i tried turning the secondary off and it didn't solve the problem
    Also, is there an MSI technical support email that works?  I've tried emailing [email protected] from two different email accounts and I'm getting it returned.
    Thank you

Also, is there an MSI technical support email that works?  I've tried emailing [email protected] from two different email accounts and I'm getting it returned.
    http://support.msi.com.tw

• MSI 5200 T128 intermittent no Video at POST

Hi folks:
    I've got a MSI FX 5200 T128 AGP that occasionally refuses to display video on POST.  (monitor says: NO SIGNAL)  The card works in other machines, but the problem seems to come and go (on the original machine), so it might be a problem in other machines too, but I need more time to test that.
    Also, there seemed to be some occasional minor video corruption - as if the monitor was degaussing - this also occurs intermittently.
    Pulled out the card, tried a 1 MB PCI vid card, worked ok for a week.  Put the MSI FX AGP card back in - worked for 3 days - shut down computer overnight - in morning no POST, problem reoccured.
    Tried the monitor on other computers - seems ok.
    I thought it might be a PSU issue, so that was changed, but the problem remains.
    This computer functioned OK for 15 months.  Suddenly this issue started.  
    No power surges have occured / no lightening strikes  
    the vid card and motherboard are still under MSI's warranty.
    SPECS:
    MSI K7N2 Delta L
    512MB RAM (NANYA) 400 MHZ DDR (in 333 mode)
    AMD Barton 2500+ 333 FSB, stock HSF w/ Artic Silver 3
    PSU: (NEW) Generic 450W, +3.3 28A, +5 50A, +12 18A
    1 80 GIG WesternDig. HD 7200rpm 8 MB cache
    1 Liteon DVD-ROM/CDRW Combo
    1 PCI Creative Labs internal DSL modem
    1 Optiquest Q71 Monitor 17"
    2 USB Devices (Lexmark Printer, Cheep-o Webcam)
    - Using on board Audio
    - PS2 KB
    - PS2 Mouse
    - extra case fan, blowing at MSI FX 5200
    -computer is not in a cramped area, good ventalation, in a dry basement and its winter (room temp 20 C)
    -computer/video card never overclocked
    Tried: AGP FastWrites on/off
              AGP X8 enabled on/off
              Init. display first AGP.PCI  AGP/PCI toggle
              -pull and reseated video card
              - pull and reseated system RAM
              - visual inspection of Vid Card = no burns, no loose parts
    My guess is: - Video card bad
                       - AGP Slot bad
                        - other Motherboard issue.
    I need to know:
    -solution(s)
    -if Video card fails in another machine,  I'll RMA, but the problem occurs after some time, will they accept this  RMA?
    -if Video OK, then mobo? Same as above: problem intermittent, and takes time to reoccur,  will they accept this RMA?
    Thanks.

I have a K7N2G-ILSI with a Barton 2500+and installed an FX 5200-TD128 card and computer would not POST. The problem ended up being the memory (2 x GEIL Ultra DDR400 256MB @ 333MHZ). After replacing mem. with 2 x PNY PC2700 DDR333 256MB resulted in instant cure. Try replacing your DDR400 with DDR333 mem. sticks.

• [Radeon] MSI ATI Based Video Drivers???

I have MSI RX9800 Pro-TD128 Video Card and I haven't found any new MSI driver for this video card since 2004 year  Why is that - will MSI make any new drivers for the good old RADEON 9xxx series card or not? I see that they have made new drivers but for the X8XX series and not one driver for the older models    why is that??? And one other question - can I use a newer driver for X850PE for my video card (I think - that I can't use it but maybe I'm wrong)?

Yes that's hard to follow
    Quote from: bassmadrigal on 18-July-05, 13:10:22
    Plus it doesn't help that ATI releases monthly driver updates (not sure if NVidia does). Makes it hard for MSI to keep up!
    And it's crazy too    monthly waiting for a new driver lol
    Nvidia at least wait two months or something else.
    And yes Glenn thanks for the clarification, MSI and other manufactures have another goals instead of producing drivers constantly.
    kind regards.

• [Radeon] MSI RX800XL-VT2D256E w/ No Plug?

My MSI RX800XL-VT2D256E didn't come with a power plug on the GFX card, the card doesn't seem to have enough power and the picture of the product from the site has a plug on the card.. Mine doesn't, whats up with that?

Quote from: Glenn on 03-June-05, 11:43:10
    I thought that connector was the European connection for VIVO.
    this is in fact a VIVO connector as some European system manufacturers like to put video inputs on the front panel of their systems, and this connector easily facilitates that. The Rage Theater provides the VIVO functionality on these boards, however this may not be available with all configurations, nor the internal VIVO connector
    Googled http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=yellow+connector+european+ATI+Radeon
    Source of first search result http://www2.technobabble.com.au/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=7
    Oh, ok very sorry, you are right. Thank you..

• 648F Neo + MSI FX5200-T128 + P4 2.8

Hi,
    having som problems with Neo 648F+ FX5200 + 2X256 DDR400 + P4 2.8Ghz CPU+ PSU 450W.
      it all works fin untill i installed the P4 2.8Ghz (i had Celeron 2.8Ghz). the system works more slowly & some times when i open one aplication the PC restarts ...
    Anybody have a solution for this problem?? Then just buy som new hardware!

Is this a 2.8 Northwood or a 2.8 Prescott. The board doesn't support Prescott.
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_cpu_support_detail.php?UID=470

• 648F Neo + MSI FX5200-T128 + Celeron

Hmmmm... having som problems with Neo + FX5200 + Celeron CPU, it all works fin untill i install the Nvidia driver. the system works fine if i use a P4 478 CPU.
    When the driver is install there is no picture, only black screen after loading windows.
    If i install a MSI FX5600 there is picture and every thing works fin.
    Anybody have a solution for this problem?? Then just buy som new hardware!
    the Celeron CPU is a 2400 & 2500

Version 44.03 and the newst driver.
    If i use a XFX FX5200 gfx card there is no problems only if you use the MSI FX5200 gfx card there is problems

• MSI fx5200 T128

i bought this card but when i install the driver the system sometimes crushes out.
     And an error message appers "system recovered from a serious problem".
     what can i do?is there a general problem with this cards between the drivers which comes together?
     please help!

everpower 300W PSU
     512 mb ddr ram
     gigabyte S648FX-RZ mainboard
     p4 3.0E
     ASUS cd-rom
     msi fx5200 td128 graph_cs card..
     operating system:
     XP/XP SP2  does not matter when i install driver it begins crushing.

• [Radeon] MSI RX9800 128MB WORSE After RMA

After months of unsuccessfully troubleshooting my 3d artifacting problems (random triangular polygon stretching that would only occur while playing games) with my never overclocked MSI 9800, I finally gave up and RMA'd it last week.  The RMA process went without a hitch and only took a little over a week.  It should be noted that I had to "rollback" to my 3 year old OEM Gateway GeForce 3 during the RMA (which still works just fine, imagine that), so no Battlefield 2 for me...
    Finally I got my card back and I swapped it back into my machine.  I anxiously pressed the power button only to see that the Windows XP boot graphic (the one with the blue loading bar) had large chunks of artifacting on it.  How can that be?  Windows loads and I see little blue and red blocks popping up around the screen, along with other artifacting in menus, graphics, etc.  How did the RMA make my card even WORSE?!  It may of had problems in games before but it NEVER artifacted in Windows. 
    I started a game up just to see what would happen and the intro movie had a large red triangle covering half the screen.  When I actually got into the game itself the screen went black and had about 6 small squares of distorted pixels.  I tried to Alt-Tab out of the game since I couldn't see anything on the screen and when I got back into Windows the screen was completely covered with artifacts, so bad I couldn't even see where to click.  The mouse pointer (what was left of it...) was even covered with artifacts.
    Long story short, RMA'ing my card to MSI cost me shipping charges and made my card EVEN WORSE than it was before.  RMA is obviously not a solution for this card anymore and I will be contacting MSI for a replacement card.
    I really hope no one else has a similar experience when RMA'ing their product to MSI...

Richard,
    I didn't ask anyone for help with troubleshooting my problem and rudely asking for my system specs via metaphor isn't exactly helping things either.
    System specs are irrelevant in the case of the RMA for a very simple reason:  Nothing changed in my computer from the time I RMA'd the card to the time I got it back and put it in.  The only thing that got worse was my video card, which simply means the video card IS the problem.  Believe me, I tried everything to get this card to work..  like I said in my first post.  The time for troubleshooting is long since over, it's time for MSI to replace my card with a new one.
    I posted this here so other MSI customers could see what potentially could happen when they RMA their products...
    I'll be updating this thread after I call MSI tomorrow.

Maybe you are looking for

• PLEASE HELP. How do you access properties files in WEB-INF  and classes directory

We have a war file that needs to access properties files that are in the WEB-INF directory of the war file. We also need to load one of the properties files from the classpath. However, when we deploy the application ( an ear which inlcludes an ejbja

• We required TDS details of vendor deducted billwise as well as

Dear Experts.. My client wanted to get details (WHT- Billwise as well as Vendor wise ). There is one standared t-code  J1INMIS which will give us the report (posting date/Vendor/WHT key wise). If they want to get report in production it will take tom

• Another RAW Query

Hi There. Another RAW query. I have PS CS4 Extended 11. I have tried to open RAW (NEF) pictures from my NIKON D3100. I get the error message 'Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document'. I have tried downloading the

• SKProduct product.priceLocale unrecognized selector

Hi, My Code hangs on one apple test device (iphone 3GS OS 3.0) but not on my iPad test device (3.2). Compiler Error: * -[NSCFString priceLocale]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x62258 * Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArg

• Data Sent Log?

Hello all... Does OS X keep a log, either in Console or via Terminal, that identifies what has been transmitted or sent out from my computer? By this I don't mean raw data, as in packets, etc., (visible in Activity Monitor), but I mean, specifically