Repeated blue screen on 4 days new T500

I received my new T500 less than a week and the blue screen keep appearing and reboot itself 5-6 times constantly.  Tried to contact lenovo through their support website but the link keep broken.  Any clue anyone where I can get some help?  I'm extremely frustrating with lenovo currently with the product and their support contact information.

Hello koko, welcome to Lenovo forum!
Please tell us your type, model number, not S/N, and used OS please.
That will help us to help you.
Please tell us also, which contact link didn´t work for you. 
As a first aid I would suggest to disable automatic restart in Windows.
Go to control panel, system properties and click advanced tab. There should be a button settings- system start and recovery.
Click on it and uncheck the box automatic restart. 
Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter! Try the forum search, before first posting: Forum Search Option
Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.
 English Community       Deutsche Community       Comunidad en Español

Similar Messages

• Qosmio G30 repeatedly "blue screens"

My G30-153 repeatedly blue screens lately.
    It would restart then blue screen again after a while. I tried to recover it with the recovery CD but it blue screens before this can complete.
    My collegue believes the fan is not operating.
    How can this be verified? Perhaps something in the BIOS?
    How can I check if there is dirt on the fan ? Maybe it just needs cleaning?
    Can the fan be replaced by a user or is this something only a dealer should do?
    Could this be a virus and not the fan at all ??

Hi
    As I understand the BSOD appears and the notebook shuts down automatically. Am I right?
    Usually the BSOD appears if there is a critical software problem or the hardware would malfunctions.
    I believe its a second possibility due to the fact that the installation from the Recovery CD cannot be performed correctly!
    > My colleague believes the fan is not operating. How can this be verified? Perhaps something in the BIOS?
    Can you hear the cooling module? Usually if the fan rotates you should be able to hear this.
    The dust and debris inside the notebook could lead to the fan rotation problems and to the overheating issues.
    If the notebook would overheat the OS would shut down the notebook automatically to prevent the hardware from damage!
    Maybe its your case!
    > How can I check if there is dirt on the fan ? Maybe it just needs cleaning? Can the fan be replaced by a user or is this something only a dealer should do?
    Usually the technician should check the notebook and if necessary should clean it. But if you have a little bit notebook experience you could try to clean the fans using the professional cooling module cleaning tool. Every notebook dealer offers the compressed air spays. This can help you to blow the air through the cooling modules to get rid of the dust and debris.
    But if you have no experience, contact the technician for the help!
    >Could this be a virus and not the fan at all?
    No, I dont think it's a virus issue but of course maybe an other device problem

• Repeated blue screen crash when running labview 8.2 on Dell optiplex GX620

Hi, I have recently experienced a series of 'blue screen' crashes on a Dell Optiplex GX620 while running Labview 8.2. The dell is running Windows XP SP2 with an ATI Radeon X600 graphics card. Labview is interfacing with a NI DAQPad 6015 device. The computer is a dedicated Labview machine so there is no other third party software that has been installed that could be causing the problem. Also, the computer is one of three identical machines, the only one that has labview installed and the only one that is crashing. Upon rebooting after the first 'blue screen' crash an error report indicated that there was a problem with the ATI graphics driver and suggested updating the driver to the latest version. This was done. Upon rebooting after the second 'blue screen' crash an error report indicated that there was a problem with the RAM. Both of these crashes occurred while running a labview application. A further two incidents have occurred where the computer has restarted for no apparent reason while running a labview application. I was wondering if you were aware of any known issues/incompatibilities with my specific machine and labview 8.2, or if there could be any other known issues with labview that might be causing the crashes. It should also be noted that this is a new setup and these crashes have occurred in relatively short time frame. Thanks for your help!

Hi,
    To have a better understanding of what is causing the blue screen crash and the Windows restart, we may need to retrieve the memory dump caused by the crash in Windows XP.  Before we actually get into that, we may need to disable Automatic Reboot by Windows when it crashes.  I have attached a link that describes how to disable computer reboot after a crash and I have also attached a link of how to retreive the memory dump.  Let me know how it goes!
    Why Does My Computer Automatically Reboot For No Reason?
    How Can I Create a Kernel Memory Dump When Windows Crashes?
    (Note that we want to select Complete memory dump, not Kernel Memory dump)
    Regards,
    Nadim
    Applications Engineering
    National Instruments

• What causes repeated blue screens? Can I fix this?

Pavillion P7-1036  Windows 7 64 Bit  Blue screens repeatedly, almost daily since PC was purchased and brought home.
    Error message:   Blue screen with "Windows has detected.... and shut down to protect your computer....if this is the first time....etc, etc,   then long lines of 0's X's F's too long to copy down.  Hours spent on telephone with HP Support. 
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Hi,
    Have you tried a full HP Recovery?  Backup you data to external media before doing so.  After you do the full recovery, do not let the Microsoft autoupdate process apply any updates until you can determine if your PC is stable. There might be a bad MS update.
    HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
    HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
    HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
    Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
    Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
    Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT

• Mac Pro is booting to blue screen after installing a new Optical Drive

I am trying to install a new Pioneer 115D Optical Drive in the 2nd Drive Bay. After installation I turned back on my computer and it did not boot. I got to the blue screen and the computer just hung there. Any suggestions on what went wrong? I have read something about switching to cable select how might I go about doing that? Also Someone suggested to remove the drive lip. Does that need to be done before installation? I watched the OWC video and followed the instructions there but there was no mention about removing the lip or using Cable Select. Thanks for you help.

You have to remove the tray lip before putting the drive in the computer
    <http://eshop.macsales.com/tech_center/index.cfm?page=removedrivedoor.html>
    When you reinstall the drive holder, make sure it doesn't slice or pinch any of the cables.

• My top sites don't show--I get a blue screen in my brand new Dell XPS

In my previous XP computer I could run Top Sites; now I only get a blue screen and no sites!

Start Firefox in <u>[[Safe Mode]]</u> to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
    *Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
    *https://support.mozilla.org/kb/Safe+Mode
    *https://support.mozilla.org/kb/Troubleshooting+extensions+and+themes
    A possible cause is security software (firewall) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
    Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
    See:
    *https://support.mozilla.org/kb/Server+not+found
    *https://support.mozilla.org/kb/Firewalls
    *http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites

• ITunes giving me repeated Blue Screens of Death

I recently wiped my hard drive, and I'm trying to restore my library from backup DVDs I made before the event. So far, every time I attempt to restore from these, I get either a BSOD or my computer freezes and I'm forced to restart. I can provide any additional information on request, and I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thank you!

I don't have Vista but here is some general stuff on stop messages that may help you get started:
    If you are getting a blue screen stop, it would help if you could post the exact error message. It should be some sort of numbers and text -
    0x(zeros/letters/numbers) (CAPSANDUNDERSCORES)
    For example:
    Stop 0x05 (INVALIDPROCESS_ATTACHATTEMPT)
    Also is a file name mentioned in the error message? If so give the exact file name. This can be a very important clue to what is going on - it's often a driver problem. If you reinstalled Windows, did you get all your driver updates?
    if you're not seeing a blue screen (or just a flash of one), you can use this technique to make hidden blue screens appear:
    1) Open your system control panel (Start->Control Panels->System).
    2) Select the "Advanced" tab.
    3) Click the "Settings" button in the "Startup and Recovery" section
    4) Verify that under "System Failure" the "Automatically restart" checkbox is not checked.
    There is some general help on Troubleshooting Windows Stop Messages here:
    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
    For Vista freezing rather than a Windows BSOD, see this troubleshooting article:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305491

• Blue screen of death on newer versions of skype (n...

Even the attempt to install 6.21.0.104, Blue screens my laptop. After three blue screens and the following recovery screens, I cannot put this poor laptop through many more of these. There is no reason that Skype should cause a system failure of this kind. (Or possible failure because blue screens are suposedly prevention measures to ya know... prevent damage.) Although its still causing damage. 
    Tried reinstalling, tried different version, and tried other various things involving other programs and firewall settings. Nothing works.
    I am attempting to install an offline installer for 6.14. Hopefully it works and doesn't destroy this laptop. 

Yeah I meant to do that part. I was able to instal the older version but attempting to run it has the same blue screen result. I even tried running it in safemode. However, it errors out of skype. Does not provide me with any error codes either, but its better than a blue screen.
    I assume that something in the newest version messed up the computer somehow, I just don't have time at this very moment to go search it out and deal with it. Just ridiculous that Skype would mess up that badly. 
    Attachments:
    DxDiag.zip ‏8 KB
    screenshot skype broken.jpg ‏207 KB

• Blue Screen and General Freezing- New 10.2 version

Forgive me if I sound a bit miffed, but just trying to sign up to ask for help has led to many problems and I'm not in a particularily great mood.
    I run the newest version of FireFox, on a Windows Vista system, and when prompted, I updated my flash to the recently released. I first unecountered a freezing problem when trying to then use it, such as on Youtube, and when I checked here I learned about having the right click and uncheck a box. I don't remember now what it said, and it doesn't seem to exist for me anymore,but it worked and I didn't seem to have any further problems.
    However, about the same time, I began having bluescreens instead. The error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Apparently this happens when drivers have not been properly installed, or are corrupted. So I assume, Adobe being the only thing I've downloaded lately, that it's the cause. I can count on one hand how many bluescreens I've ever had with my computer, but the tally in the last week is over 10 just since the update.
    My question, problem, whathaveyou, is this: Is there a reliable place where I can revert back to the old version which, if occasionally tempermental, worked excellently on my system, or is there any way I can do something to fix this one so I can use my computer without fear of losing everything at the drop of a hat?
    Incidentally, since downloading, I've also been having trouble just connecting to the internet. I use wireless, and the reciever is downstairs, so it's not a great distance away, but now enjoys randomly blipping out and refusing to recognizer the d-link driver. It also likes telling me I can plug it into a different slot for better efficiency, but if that one actually exists, I can't find it. I don't even have the number of connections it insists on, unless they're inside.
    My computer's over 3 years old now- I worry all these dumps and problems might be harming it. Please, if there's anything that can be done...

Sorry about the spam posts in this forum; there is nothing we can do about it except to wait for a moderator to remove them.
    Meanwhile posts like yours get lost in the jungle...
    You mentioned that you have unchecked some box; was it Hardware Acceleration?  Is it still unchecked?  (Right-click on the Flash object at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/, then select Settings.)  Or do you get a blue screen here too?
    If that happens (blue screen), or if Hardware Acceleration is still unchecked, try to update the device drivers for your graphics/video/display adapter.
    If that is not an option, or if your video drivers are already up-to-date, I recommend that you do a System Restore to a date before the update occurred.
    You can also try to uninstall Flash Player (using the uninstaller from http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html ), then download and install an older FP version from http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html
    P.S. it may also be worth to try the latest Flash Player version 10.2.152.32

• Blue Screen of Death on New Macbook Pro 13 Inch a blue

My macbook pro 13 Inch is a week old, and so far it has been freezing, with just a blue or yellow screen about twice per day. I'm using an external monitor as well as the laptop screen. I have to re-set (restart) the computer. There is an EFI firmware update available to correct a problem with the 15 and 17 inch versions not responding, but I'm assuming that that isn't appropriate for my 13 inch.
    Anyone have any ideas?

AASP is an Apple Authorized Service Provider. To locate one in your area please follow this site:
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
    Regards,
    Roger

• TS3274 My ipad freezes and sometimes then turn to a blue screen  Its 3 days old!!!!

My ipad is 3 days old!!  It lags, freezes and then sometimes turns to a completely blue screen

First thing to try is to reset your device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider should one appear until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. See if that fixes your problem.
    If that doesn't fix the problem Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support.

• Frequent Blue Screen of Death on New Computer

I had a computer made by a private company here in Chennai.  I searched for Crash Dump and put the results in my DropBox public folder.  I hope you can help me solve this problem.
    Link to dropbox folder....
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/43zewairw83ku1u/_FYHRlqDBu/Blue%20Screen

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver). 
    Please run this test to find which driver is causing the problem.  
    Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)
    If you are overclocking (pushing the components beyond their design) you should revert to default at least until the crashing is solved. If you don't
    know what it is you probably are not overclocking.
    Advice offered in good faith. It is your decision to implement same. Wanikiya and Dyami - Team ZigZag

• Re: Machine-check exception (blue screen of death) on new computer

Okay. I&#39;ll call customer support during business hours to see if they can help fix my issue. I hope I do not have to ship the computer off somewhere for repairs because I&#39;m leaving for college soon and I NEED this computer. By opening the laptop and ch...

I understand your frustration, but don&#39;t grab the hammer just yet.
    BIOS stands for Basic Input Output Systems.  The BIOS is a utility which enables you to make changes to the system preferences such as which drive to boot from first, or options associa...

• Blue screen of death twice 2 days after receiving T510

Hi all,
    I encounter the dreaded Blue Screen of Death 2 times in two days, with a brand new T510.
    The first one came as such a surprise in a meeting that I couldn't catch what it was. The 2nd time happend just now and I decided to post and ask for advice. The error for this time is "bad_pool_header" - not sure what that is.
    The 2nd time is not necessarily the same as the 1st time. It seems that the display driver is not very stable. There were various times that, when I open the lid while connecting to an external monitor, the whole image on the external screen flickered vigorously. Windows 7 complain the display driver had crashed and windows has recovered from the error. I suspect the first time Blue Screen may be related to this too.
    Anyway, although I like this system a lot, two blue screens in two days after receiving the new machine on Wednesday is pretty frustrating to me. Would Lenovo please iron out some stable and high quality drivers with the Windows 7 "Enhanced" Experience? May be with the parts manufacturer please?
    Thanks all!
    Campion

I would start with installing the latest bios and video driver updates off of lenovo's site.  (do not use the TVSU since that tends to be slower at propigating new updates).  It is new hardware and there is the possiblity of drivers and/or bios being updated since the drive images Lenovo installs from where created.
    Of course random BSOD's could also be bad ram.  I would try running MemTest86 on the system and making sure it can successfully pass the tests, and make sure you call customer service and report this so that they know of the issue moving forward.
    Best of luck!
    lkpcampion wrote:
    Hi all,
    I encounter the dreaded Blue Screen of Death 2 times in two days, with a brand new T510.
    The first one came as such a surprise in a meeting that I couldn't catch what it was. The 2nd time happend just now and I decided to post and ask for advice. The error for this time is "bad_pool_header" - not sure what that is.
    The 2nd time is not necessarily the same as the 1st time. It seems that the display driver is not very stable. There were various times that, when I open the lid while connecting to an external monitor, the whole image on the external screen flickered vigorously. Windows 7 complain the display driver had crashed and windows has recovered from the error. I suspect the first time Blue Screen may be related to this too.
    Anyway, although I like this system a lot, two blue screens in two days after receiving the new machine on Wednesday is pretty frustrating to me. Would Lenovo please iron out some stable and high quality drivers with the Windows 7 "Enhanced" Experience? May be with the parts manufacturer please?
    Thanks all!
    Campion
    Thinkpad T500-2081 CTO | T9400 2.53GHz | 8 GB RAM | ATI HD3650 + Intel GM45 | 15.4" LED WXGA+ | Windows 8 | ATI Catalyst 13.1 (non-switchable)
    Thinkpad 390x | PII 333 | 256mb ram | NeoMagic 256AV | SVGA LCD | OS/2 v4.52

• Ipad mini with retina display and iOS 8.0.2 blue screen issues

Hello
    My iPad mini with retina display with iOS8.0.3 is still showing up blue screen occasionally every day and restarting automatically. How to solve this?

Hi!
    I am facing the same issue too. But how come you have 8.0.3 while the whole world is on 8.0.2 ?
    I tried resetting my iPad, restoring it, hard reset through DFU mode but NONE worked. It seemed to be okay for few days but then it started getting the blue screen restarts again.
    Monday is the day, hoping 8.1 will fix this issue. ELSE Apple should shut the f*** up and instead of releasing all new line of products and concentrate on the disastrous OS it is rolling out.
    Regards
    Yasser
    (FYI even as I am typing this response to you, there were many errors that held me from typing, the iOS 8 is so buggy)

Maybe you are looking for

• Black screen, Grey Circle and an exclamation mark!  Why?

I'm using iPhoto 09. I can view photos as thumbnails in all Events. But when I click on them I get a black screen with a grey circle and an exclamation mark.  This only happens on some events, not all.  Whats happened?

• Report for material  which not consumed during C015

HI ALL, "I required a report for material which material are not consumed at C015 production confirmation time against actual consumation (order wise , part no wise & date wise )" its v urgent good suggesstion reward with valuable points.

• Is there any way to actually get a tech on a chat or phone call?

I have been trying to find out why I can't download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat, and I just seem to be caught in an endless cycle. Every time I think I am going to get a contact number, I just get sent back to the beginning. Is anyone else ha

• Design Bar in the Top Level Navigation

hi,   How to get rid of the Design Bar in the Top Level Navigation, Design Bar is the small space before Home tab in the Portal ? Thanks in advance....

• Place object on only one page

Hi, when I place an object onto a page, for example a Photo page, it shows up on both the main page and also on the second page of the template. How can I make it page specific? In other words, only show up on one of the two pages of the template. To