Replacing wireless adapter in T510

Hello, I purchased a T510 43142KU several months ago and have realized that I should have bought the upgraded wireless adapter - Centrino Advanced-N 6200. I contacted Lenovo and tried to find out if I could purchase the new part and swap it in for my current adapter. The answer appeared to be yes, but the person I spoke to hedged a bit on the phone.
She transferred me to the parts department who quoted me $133 plus $10 shipping for the new adapter. So, before I blow $150 on a part that is a $10 upgrade on the Lenovo website, I have a couple of questions:
a) will this part work?
b) is it possible to get a generic part (read cheaper) to work?
Thanks,
Jeff

Hi and welcome to the forum!
1. Since the tabook lists Intel Advanced-N 6200 as an option for T510 i.e. I would say it's compatible and will work.
2. You can try eBay, however be wary of the sellers as they most often sell unapproved lenovo wifi cards which throw an error on boot.
Hope this helps.
Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]
IdeaPad: U350
Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution! 
  Lenovo Deutsche Community     Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Similar Messages

• Thinkpad T510 Windows 7 No wireless adapter found & device manager network adapters exclamations

Lenovo owners,
    I was wondering if you could help.
    I’m having issues with my laptop(Lenovo thinkpad T510) all of a sudden and cannot pinpoint a solution and it seems my laptop is getting progressively slower.
    One day upon startup I could not obtain a network connection either wirelessly or even while connected. (I’ve never had a problem & even earlier that day , and even turned it on later that evening and had no problem, and now these issues are back.)  I searched for connections and received a ‘no wireless adapter found’. I checked my device manager and noticed the yellow exclamation point next to all under network connections. When clicking on the driver the message ‘This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.’
    I tried updating the driver under driver tab, but to no avail, or I have the most current.
    I’ve searched Lenovo forums stating to uninstall drivers and install but many people still have the same issue.
    Does this sound like manufacturer issue or virus type relation?
    Now my laptop seems to running slower and slower upon startup and shutdown.
    Anyway anybody can help would be appreciated. I’m starting to get backlogged on work.
    & Yes, the switch on the side of my laptop is turned on

Free AVG and Malwarebytes yep. Ive performed scans on both and no threats detected.Diagnostics results shown below. States exactly what Device Manager did and once i try to reinstall driver I get the Device status code 31 window(shown on the right). I've tried reinstalling drivers and restarting but no change in status. The only thing that happened since i that happened when i shut down my working laptop and when i turned it on and ran into these issues were Windows Updates upon shutdown. Any chance a wacky update could wreck havoc on all my drivers?
    Link to picture
    Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

• Just boot camped mid-2012 MBP using Apple's BootCamp 5.1.5621. However, no wireless adapter is listed in device manager

[In Windows 8.1] When I access the Device Manager, it does not list my wireless adapter as one of the devices available. I have attempted to manually install the drivers from the BootCamp 5.1.5621 file.
    I've spent several hours attempting to remedy this but have only found threads explaining how to solve the problem if the 802 adapter is already listed in the device manager.

I recently had some BT issue's in Win8 so I wrote a topic about this subject. Maybe you need to replace the Broadcom drivers as well.
    Please have a look here:
    Apple Wireless Keyboard Windows 8 problem
    Good luck.
    Marcel

• The wireless adapter cannot be detected.

I think there is something wrong with my laptop, but this appears to be a little confused. I buy my laptop about 1 month ago, it is Acer V17 Nitro - Black Eidtion. But two weeks ago the wireless adapter is not working (it disappeared from the adapter settings), then I reinstall the driver, it works. Howver, the problem comes back this week from Tuesday. I install the driver, it not works. So I uninstall the driver and then re-install it again, it works. But today when I open my laptop, the wireless adapter doesn't work again! And when I re-install the driver (like what I do before), it doesn't work. After shutting down for severl times, it works again! It takes me really a lot of time! I am so confused about this! Can any one help??? T.T   

The problem still exists for twice. And I have send it to the repair centre twice, the first time they replace the SSD, the second they repair the wifi. And now, the third time! Sometimes it works, some time it does not work (which means when I open the laptop every time, there would be a good wifi icon or a red cross icon). When it does not work, the wireless adaptor cannot be detected at all. I have no idea of it.

• Wireless adapter can't see HH3

Hi. I have a  Dell 1450 wireless adapter that has had no trouble seeing my previous HH2 but is completely unable to see my replacement HH3. Can anyone tell me why? Do I need a new wireless adapter (although it seems to work fine other than with the HH3) or are them some settings on HH3 I need to change?
    Thanks!

The forum recently pointed me towards this wifi tool
    http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/
    It's really useful for seeing what Wifi signals are flying around. If you run it on the PC (I assume) with the Del adapter, it should tell you whether the adapter can "see" the network, even if it can't connect.
    Charlie

• Belkin wireless adapter F5D6050 keeps loosing settings when i first boot up

I have to go into belkin wireless adapter setup everytime i reboot the machine.
    i am running 10.3.9 using the above adapter and it is doing my head in, any help would be gratefully apprieciated.

Hi David White,
    Alternatively, after password recovery you can modify the configuration to be what you want, and then issue:
       write memory
    to save the configuration.  You can then verify that your changes have been saved to the startup config by issuing:
       show startup-config"
    The only good thing is that when I switch off a router it erase configuration except my new password which I created after password reset. Everything else is getting vanished (ADSL settings, DHCP, routing ) everything. Even new admin accounts I created.
    Well have a question to your above comments. I am new in Cisco so please put as much detail as you can for me to understand. When you say modify configuration do you mean to go to Cisco CP Express graphical interface and then connect router to hyper terminal and execute above commands?
    Why router doesn't remember this anyway. There must be some option to change in configuration to make thing permanent when I hit apply changes in Cisco CO Express otherwise it is pointless to heve it.
    Phillip
    write memory
    is
    copy running-config startup-config"
    Can't this be done via Cisco CP Express or set up router to copy this every time I change this in graphical interface rather going to command line to achnoledge it?
    I understand your concern about this router and somebodie's configuration details as you want things to be un-used when you buy them - true. ADSL details belongs to the shop which sold me the router so that is why I don't make a big problem about this. We take most of hardware from this shop and have discount and many good deals with them so I think they have been just testing it and forgot to erease their config. It might be that someone has returned router to the shop and they have repaired it and tested it.
    I hope this is a normal behaviour of this router as I have option to replace it in case this is a fault.
    Could you please write me step by step guide how can I make changed options stay permanently on router?
    thank you
    Dragan

• No Wireless Adapter Displayed/ or Showing

My Laptop suddenly stopped connecting to the internet wirelessly. This happened yesterday night and it was working just fine throughout the day. I tried a BIOS update and updating the driver but it didn't help. The wireless adapters also wont appear on my network connections window (as seen on the screenshot). I also tried downloading a driver from the website but no drivers were available. Would I need to replace the adapter or can I find another way to fix it?

, Hello and thanks for posting on the HP support forums.  Firs thing you should try before any of what you have done so far is a system restore back to when you know it was working. The system restore is quick and easy to do. HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 8) Here is a link to the support page for your drivers and it does list drivers for windows 8.  
    HP ENVY TouchSmart 17t-j000 Select Edition CTO Notebook PC Here is a link that may help as well. HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8) Please let me know how things go.   Thanks again for posting and have a great day. 

• Wireless Adapter Error 10 when CSM Support Disabled

After a motherboard replacement, my Thinkpad Yoga was returned with CSM Support enabled, causing a legacy bios and windows splash screen to appear.
    I went into the bios and disabled CSM support to bring back the default black Lenovo boot up screen, but now when windows loads the Wireless Card reports an Error Code 10. I have tried updating to every driver and even refreshed windows to no avail.

I later disabled Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter and found that I could still use WiFi so I went on and upgraded to Windows 10 anyway. Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter does come off the list on Device Manger but I can still use WiFi regardless.

• G50 70 wireless adapter drivers

Hi,
    I recently bought a G50 70 Laptop, but after spending hours on downloading and installing the drivers from your website the adapter in the device manager is still showing as network controller.
    I have checked that wireless adapter is enabled in BIOS.
    Hardware ID are as follows
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4365&SUBSYS_062117AA&REV_01
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4365&SUBSYS_062117AA
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4365&CC_028000
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4365&CC_0280
    Please help my finding the correct drivers.
    Kind Regards
    Sunny Batra

Good day and welcome to the community.
    Based on 14E4 / 4365, it's a Broadcom WLAN adapter.
    This: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/g50-70-noteboo...
    should be your Win8.1 installer. It shows a 3/30/2015 release date.
    If you're looking for a Win7 package, it's also available in the master list here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/g50-70-noteboo...
    Are these what you've tried?
    Regards.
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
    Community Resources: Participation Rules • Images in posts • Search (Advanced) • Private Messaging
    PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
    X1C3 Helix X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p Y3P • T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Y2P Y13
    I am not a Lenovo employee.

• Compaq wireless adapter too old?

It appears my Compaq Presario CQ50 laptop's Atheros AR5007 wifi adapter is not recognized by the Airport Extreme Base Station, is it just too old or can a setting be switched?

Thanks for all the comments (most of them anyway :)). Since my first problem was that I couldn't identify what the thing is called, so I didn't get stuck with a transmit only device, I called Belkin. I was told that their product was a Wireless G Gaming Adapter (F5D7330). The rational was that XBox, etc. may not have USB ports, but they all have ethernet ports.
    I then asked about my busted wireless adapter. She looked it up and said the replacement was due to be shipped out shortly. She then volunteered to switch the product to the Gaming Adapter (list price $100), so I said fine.
    I then went to Amazon.com and looked up the reviews of the F5D7330. 80% loved it, 14% hated it, and the difference said they liked it after all the setup hassle.
    BTW, all this started about 5 years ago when I bought a Belkin Wireless adapter for my PMG3. It looked like a mouse with one antenna sticking out. I got a rehab unit for about $20 ($70 new). It was bad, so 4 months later they sent me another one. It lasted a while and went bad, so they sent me the new one shaped like a stick of gum. It has now gone bad, so they are sending me the Gaming unit that looks like a mouse with antenna sticking out. Round and round. At least I keep getting the newest thing for my original $20 investment.
    Mini(CD2), Imac(CD2), G5 PM Mac OS X (10.4.8)

• Idea Centre K210-57078915 Changing to a wireless Adapter

I bought a wireless Linksys Router and I was in the assumption that I had a Wireless adapter. My question is how would I install one I read on this site by removing the modem and replacing it with the wireless am I correct?. Also what kind of wireless adapter would I be looking for. Your website for parts is not working today that is why I am asking. Any help 
    Much appreciated.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

I believe what your are refering to is a wireless receiver.  They make any number of them from USB receivers to the ones that install into your expansion slots.  I installed mine into where the modem was.  Open the case (do not have it plugged in.)  pPull ouot modem card.  And i just put in my old wirelss card. It's a 5 year old Belkin card but gets the job done.  If your looking for a card i recomend tigerdirect.com or newegg.com

• HP ProBook 450 G0 - wireless adapter spare brands

Hello, community,
    i have a question about my options for wireless adapter spares for my HP ProBook 450 G0 laptop.
    Right now the laptop i own has
    root@linux:~# lspci | grep "Network controller"
    03:00.0 Network controller: Ralink corp. Device 3290
    and i can't say that i'm fully satisfied with the quality of wifi adapter sensitivity I do not know if that's me being out of luck or this is normal and expected behaviour for this model, but the fact is i have two options now - either buy an external usb adapter or replace the internal adapter with another one.
    while the options for an external ubs adapter are quite clear, the spares for an internal card are not so much. So basically here comes the question: what are my options? I've heard there are adapters, made by atheros, broadcom and intel, but not sure if these are compatible with particularly my model of laptop. And if they are, what would be the part numbers.
    Thanks.
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Yes. HP locks down the BIOS and if you install anything other than very specific wifi adapters the system will not POST. You are correct in thinking the Ralink is not the strongest option. Your best bet is Atheros or Intel in that order. Broadcom cards are a bit hard to configure with Linux but it can be done. Here is the entire list of wifi cards with part numbers that you can use:
    Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 670292-001
    Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi Adapter 675794-001
    Atheros AR9565 802.11bgn 1x1 WiFi + BT4.0 combo Adapter 690019-001
    Ralink RT3290LE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter 690020-001
    Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter 709848-001
    Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2x2 Wi-Fi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter (Intel models only) 731550-001
    Here is the Intel card on eBay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-ENVY-Spectre-XT-13-Wireless-WiFi-Card-670292-001-MPC1280-0H1-/38072929762...

• Hp 2000-140ca notebook wireless adapter problem

I've had my HP 2000-140ca since about June 2011
    Today I woke up to find that my harddrive was fried. I knew this was coming as error messages came up lately, and I had backed up important files in advance. While not the reason I'm posting this, I am extremely disappointed in the length of time the harddrive lasted.
    Anyway, since I can't afford to be without the laptop for the length of time it would take to send it away to have it "fixed" under warrenty (basically any amount of time at all) I decided to just buy a new hard drive and deal with it myself.
    Hard drive replaced, windows 7 64 installed, many drivers downloaded and also installed. The one problem I seem to have now is that for some reason the wireless driver refuses to install. I've downloaded several different versions as there's a few for this model on the site but nothing seems to work. It just won't detect drivers and when I run the downloaded file it seems to install initially but then fails to do anything. I'm at a loss here and am already suffering the loss of a portable computer. 

Do you know what wireless adapter it is? 
    Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
    Testing - HP 15-p000
    HP Touchpad provided by HP
    Currently on Debian Wheeze
    *Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*

• 108 wireless adapter recommendations?

I want to get a wireless adapter for my new system.  I bought a WG311T off a guy on eBay but it seems broken.  However, while trying to fix it I discovered that it just does not play well with XP at all, although the Linux support seems quite good.  Nice reversal of the usual.
    Before I replace my WG311T with a brand new one does anyone have any recommendations?  It can be a PCI or UCB device but I think I would prefer PCI.  Oh, and it needs to work as well in XP it does in Linux :-)

Hmh, always a hassle. Currently, i'm using a 108 adapter using the madwifi driver. Too bad, in linux there are just 54 mbit available. Works well on linux / 2k / xp.
    01:07.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212 802.11abg NIC (rev 01)
    The adapter is a d-link dwl-650.
    WG311T seems to work. Should work well with linux / windows, maybe just the device is somehow broken?
    // STi

• T500 - Internet Wireless Adapter Not Detected

I am at a loss right now since I have never encountered a problem with a computer that I couldn't solve at all. On my T500 (2081CTO), I had an XP OS and everything was working fine (almost). I decided to install the original Vista that came with it and at the same time updated the BIOS to the latest version, I think 3.18, before I installed Visa Home Basic. After the install, there is no wireless adapter deteced. I can't get any internet without a cable. Here is everything I have tried already:
    Install all Vista OS updates
    Run Lenovo System Update
    Install standalone Wireless drivers from Lenovo directly
    Resintall the drivers
    Physically remove, clean, and re-insert the wireless adapter
    Check settings in BIOS to make sure all wireless devices are enabled
    Disable and then re-enable wireless LAN/WiMax in BIOS
    Clear CMOS
    I don't know what else to do, besides some costly and time consuming options, like reinstalling XP instead, getting a new adapter, or paying someone to fix my own computer.
    Here are some additional clues:
    Under device manager, only Intel 82567LM Gigabit Network Controller is listed under "Network Adapters"
    There is "Other devices" under which there is "Network Controller" with an excalamation mark. I have been unable to install the dirvers for it
    Finally, I do not have Lenovo recovery disks and had to install Vista from a downloaded version online. At the end of the install is asked me to install drivers, which I thought sounded weird, and chose not to. If I have to pay $30 to get a replacment disk for something I already own, I'd rather buy Windows 7.
    So this is my dilemma and I am not sure exactly where my problem is. I would appreciate any help or insight.

You probably just need to download & install the drivers for the WiFi card... (You probably also need the drivers for some other devices as well, such as AMT and Card Reader, IIRC) You can get them on the Lenovo Driver download page, http://support.lenovo.com - (Drivers & Downloads) just put your MT/M number (from a label on the bottom of the laptop) in the "QuickPath" Product selector... (If you can't find the MT/M just put T500 in.) Then look for Wireless LAN drivers... If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest getting a copy of the Windows 7 Pro Recovery discs for the laptop and THEN install the afore mentioned drivers... Feel free to send me an e-mail if you have further questions about this... Just remove the spaces, change ATsymbol to @  and change DOTsymbol to . mkingsmill ATsymbol gmail DOTsymbol com I will do my best to reply on the forum for all to see (thus helping others who may also be researching solutions to this issue)

Maybe you are looking for

• Imac g3 Early 2001 - Indigo cd drive replace

hi, i have a imac g3 early 2001. It's cd drive is broken is there a cd drive that will fit it and work without and drivers you can read about it here http://everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac_400_indigo.html thanks DM1000

• Conditions for service contract

hello, I am creating service contract containing one line item ( i.e.activity) and no. of services in that line item. in the change mode i wanna put some condition on the activity level but not on service code level, but system is not showing the con

• Flashplayer for PowerPC G5 - MAC OS X

Can anyone help me download flashplayer for my machine Hardware Overview:   Model Name:          Power Mac G5   Model Identifier:          PowerMac11,2   Processor Name:          PowerPC G5 (1.1)   Processor Speed:          2.3 GHz   Number Of CPUs: 

• Importing AVCHD (.MTS) video files- what is needed?

I cannot import AVCHD files (.MTS extension on file name) from my hard drive into my (old) version of Adobe Premier Elements (version 3.0). Am I doing something wrong, do I need to re-install the program, or do I need a newer version of Premier Eleme

• Photos from Iphoto gone need help

Yesterday I did apps updates on my macbook air (yosemite), after that i tried to open iphoto but with came up with a message that the library is rebuilding. After that, a new folder with "recovered photos" came up but no photos are showing - its all