SATA HDD caddy on T400?

Hi,
Was wondering whether a SATA HDD caddy (used on the old T60) will work on a T400?
Thanks!
Message Edited by vernon on 12-03-2008 11:16 PM
Solved!
Go to Solution.

No, its not possible. The UltraBay connetctor in the T400 is different from the T6x models.
Cheers,
Bill
I don't work for Lenovo

Similar Messages

• NewModeUS HDD Caddy

I bought this HDD Caddy from NewModeUS to put an additional drive in the UltraBay adapter. There is a clear plastic layer with a tab on the end over the side of the caddy that has the perforated holes in it. Usually I've seen this tab to help pull the hard drive out of it's slot in a computer but I haven't seen it completely cover the perforated holes of the caddy before. 
    Anyone know if I should leave the plastic layer on the caddy or not? Will it effect the temp of the drive?
    Thanks,
    W530 2436-CTO, i7-3820QM, Quadro K2000M 1920x1080 FHD Display, 32GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 500GB 7200rpm Hard Disk
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

quite welcome!
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
    Community Resources: Participation Rules • Images in posts • Search (Advanced) • Private Messaging
    PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
    X1C3 Helix X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p Y3P • T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Y2P Y13
    I am not a Lenovo employee.

• HDD Caddy to repalce my optical drive in hp dv4 1506tx

I am looking for an HDD caddy to replace my optical drive. But the connector in the optical drive doest have a SATA connecot. Instead it has some thing like this in the image. Is there any way to replace it with a HDD caddy so that I can have a second hard disk. Please help.
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

What is that in the picture? This is what the optical drive shown in the Manual looks like:
    I have worked on a lot of HP laptops and never seen anything like in that picture. 

• HP Pavilion dv6 6024tx HDD Caddy

I want to add a SSD to my laptop, but that would require using the optical bay. 
    Just wondering if HP themselves manufacture caddies which would be a perfect fit for my dv6 6024tx model. I'd prefer it to look as if I haven't done anything  
    View Solution.

There is an aftermarket specilist for what you are looking for. To my knowledge HP has not produced what you are looking for.
    HDD/SSB to Optical Drive Bay Caddy at Newmodeus.com
    Cloneing kits
    SATA HDD/SSD/or Optical drive to USB 3.0 cable and Nylon case
    USB 3.0 External Enclosure for Optical Drive (12.7 mm SATA)
    2.5 inch HDD/SDD rubber enclosure
    Please mark as solved and kudos.

• I want to dual boot windows 7 and Arch with an HDD caddy.

I am thinking of two possiblities with this scenario.  I want to first leave my windows 7 install on the hard drive that came with my laptop, and leave that HDD where it is, but in a few days, i'm getting a caddy so i can switch my optical drive for another HDD, which is going to be a 250gb.  On the 250, i want to experiment with arch, and maybe other linux distros, so i can get a nice feel for linux once again, it's been about 2 years since I've played with it.  What i am hoping to maybe do is switch those hard drives out, if I can get a linux install i feel 100% comfortable with, and running the windows HDD in the caddy, and the linux HDD installed in the motherboard.
    I just have a few questions though.  First, is it possible to boot Arch when it is an HDD caddy? and second, would windows possibly work if i moved that hard drive into the caddy later?

perpulstuph wrote:First, is it possible to boot Arch when it is an HDD caddy? and second, would windows possibly work if i moved that hard drive into the caddy later?
    Yes, and yes.  Both should be quite easy.
    You should be able to set you BIOS to boot from one or the other - or alternately you can chainload windows from a linux boot loader quite easily (if/when linux is on the drive that the BIOS has selected to boot).

• MSI x48c platinum - does not detect SATA HDDs

I am having some problems with a pc build with motherboard not detecting SATA HDDs (MIS x48c Platinum).
    I believe I have exhausted all other avenues, and I would appreciate some help if I have missed something obvious.
    (details of other components are listed at end of mail).
    When I built pc using these components, and went into BIOS settings, the SATA HDD's were not detected.  I tried changing BIOS settings, but no difference if SATA, AHCI, or IDE settings.
    I removed the HDDs and successfully tested them in another machine (also formatted them while had them istalled in other pc).
    IDE optial drives are detected.  I have tried to boot with these disconnected to ensure no isues with both IDE and SATA drives connected, but this did not resolve issues.
    I have also tried connecting HDD to different onboard SATA ports, and connecting just one drive with no success.
    Resetting BIOS defaults, and using clear CMOS reset did not resolve issues either.
    Sometimes on boot, it takes a few attempts to boot correctly, and on these occassions I receive an error message "Warning !!! The previous performance of overclocking is failed, and the system is restored to the default settings, Press any key except "DEL" to enter setup ......."  I haven't tried to set any over clocking.
    I read about a number of issues on MSI forum related to SATA drives which were resolved by BIOS upgrade (mobo was shipped with v.7.0 released 20 March 08).  I managed to install an old IDE HDD and flash BIOS, but still no resolution of issues detecting SATA drives (BIOS V.7.2 released 29 July 08).
    I've tried everything I can think of at this stage.  Is there anything else I should try, or is there something wrong with this motherboard?
    Spec:
    Motherboard:
    343949 MSI X48C Platinum, X48, Socket-775,
    DDR2/DDR3, ATX, GbLAN, 2xPCI-Ex(2.0)x1
    Other components in build:
    CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
    Graphics Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 512MB
    HDD 2 x Samsung SpinPoint T166 500GB
    RAM 4GB (2x2GB) GeIL DDR3 1333MHz Value Dual Channel (7-7-7-24) PC3-10660
    PSU 700W X-Power ATX SLI PSU
    ODD DVD & CDR drives from an old pc - IDE connections.

i just remember     i had once similar problem with a sata driver. the issue is this you can not adjust everything in bios in one go and expect mobo to know about it. what i mean is this for instance you disable the raid then you save it and exit and then when it reboot you go back to bios and reset another another parameter,  you save and exit and on reboot you go back to bios and reset another parameter. i got round the prob that way and it worked and mobo saw the sata HDD. give this a shoot good luck and finally make sure raid is disabled
    this is what i would do
    1- make sure the jumper setting on your IDE Hdd is correct (Y may have to try this twice as there are two different setting on jumper setting for Master)
    2- connect the sata HDD
    3-click on power
    4-go to bios and disable raid save exit
    5-on reboot go back to bios
    6--on first option click on it then you should see all devices that can be seen by mobo if you do not see sata HDD you have to click on enable for the auto to see the device once it sees the device save and exit. REMEMBER THE JUMPER SETTING  ON IDE HDD CAN CAUSE PROB . SO try the other jumper setting for master, repeat this procedure once more hopefully you get it right

• "No bootable disk" when installing Windows 7 on Macbook Pro (HDD caddy)

Here's the deal.
    I have a 2011 Macbook Pro (8,1) that I bought a HDD caddy for.  It's beautiful.
    I replaced the superdrive with a 1tb hard drive and it's wonderful.  I want to install Windows 7 via bootcamp on it.  I go through the steps (create install usb, download extra files, partition the drive) and once it restarts I get the following error:
    I press keys, reinsert the usb stick repeatably, and finally hold down the power button to restart.  After holding down option to bring up the boot menu, this is what I get:
    Where did my other disks go?!  I boot normally and check Disk Utility and, look at that, there they all are!
    I've gone through variations of this for 3 days now.  Please help!

I recently ran into a very similar issue. Windows, or at least Boot Camp, will not boot into an HDD that is installed in the optical drive bay. I do not know why this is, or if there is a way to fix it; all I know is that as soon as I moved my HDD back to the HDD bay, Windows started booting again.
    Boot camp has many issues with MacBooks whose optical drives have been replaced, which are well-documented on the web. This article (and its comments) describe many of them, and the workarounds that people have found for them. That said, I think that Boot Camp has improved with Mountain Lion (or possibly with the continued proliferation of optical drive-less machines from Apple), because I was able to boot the Windows installer just fine from the optical drive that I had removed and placed in an external USB enclosure. (Not that it did me any good - I received the dreaded error 0x8030024 when I tried to actually install Windows.)
    What worked for me was to install Boot Camp before removing my optical drive, use WinClone to make a copy of that installation, and then clone the image back to the drive once I'd gotten my drives in place.
    So, in summary:
    Try putting Boot Camp on the drive that's in your HDD bay.
    The article I linked describes many of the issues you might run into and provides workarounds for them.
    Worst case, you may have to reinstall the optical drive in order to install boot camp, then use WinClone to move the installation to any drive you wish. (Hang onto this image for all future Boot Camp installations.)

• Where can I buy a new 3.5" SATA HDD with the extra thermal sensor port for my late 2009 imac?

where can I buy a new 3.5" SATA HDD with the extra thermal sensor port for my late 2009 imac?

Depends on the original drive. According to OWC, at least last time I checked some months ago, any current WD drive they sell (up to 2 TB?) will be able to be swapped directly. I am unable to confirm this personally. But, even so, that was a while back. You should check with them again on this. As for Seagates, that might not be so simple.
    This is the original article on this from them.
    http://blog.macsales.com/2751-proprietary-cable-can-put-the-brakes-on-upgrading- late-09-imacs
    If you find a drive that OWC sells and is certain will swap in directly, you can see if newegg.com has it for less.
    This one that OWC sells will swap in directly, according to them.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339

• HP dv 7 4050ea HDD caddy search

Hello
    I know that this has been asked a few times, but the sheer number of different caddies for different ranges of HP laptops out there scares me, so I decided to ask.
    I want to add a second hard drive to my dv7 4050ea Pavillion notebook.However, I am unsure as to which caddy models are compatible. The best match I have found yet is this:
    http://uk.eetnordic.com/product.aspx?id=KIT340&path=MicroStorage-2nd-HDD-Caddy-Cable-for-HP
    I am still not sure if it is the correct one though, and I do not know the site so I am reluctant. 
    So, can someone here possibly help me find out which caddy I need to buy, and if possible, point me towards a trustworthy site which ships to the UK or to Greece? Would it be possible to order this part directly from HP, and if so, where?
    Thanks.
    View Solution.

This looks OK but I have more experience with newmodeus.com:
    caddy
    We have had several Forum users report success with this part on the dv7-4000 second hdd bay.

• Satellite A300D-15B - Where can I buy HDD caddy/tray?

Does anyone know where I can buy a caddy / tray in the UK so I can fit a second hard drive into the empty bay in my laptop?
    Thanks in advance.
    Col

Hello
    Such HDD caddy that you mean you can get from an authorized service provider. They sell all original Toshiba spare parts and there you can buy one.
    By the way, here you can search for nearest authorized service provider:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Find an authorized service provider
    Greets

• Installing Windows XP Pro on a SATA HDD

Good Evening Everyone,
         I just recently purchased the Gateway GT5678 desktop computer it came pre-installed with WIndows Vista. I want to Install Windows Xp Pro on the Serial ATA HDD, unfortunately I need the drivers and/or controllers so the Windows XP Pro Install could see the SATA HDD and I could finish the install. If any one could send me a link to retrieve the drivers and/or controllers so I could finish the Windows XP Pro install. Once again I am trying to find the correct link where I could download all the correct SATA HDD drivers and/or controllers that I need to finish the Windows XP Pro install. I will be very greatful for any assistance anyone can give me.
    The type of Storage Controllers I have are:
        NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller
        NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller
        Microsoft iSCSI Initiator
    I do have a floppy disk drive and the F6 feature I will be able to load the 3rd party drivers, but I just need to find out where I could download all the SATA HDD drivers and/or controllers that I need.
                                                                                                                    Thanks for the help,
                                                                                                                             Shawn L. B. 

Hi Shawn,
    It seems Gateway has not released Windows XP drivers for your computer. From the Gateway website, we can see only Windows Vista drivers are available for you GT5678 desktop.
    http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?st=pn&param=1015334R
    Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    Please understand that many computers preinstalled with Windows Vista are not compatible with Windows XP now. Before installing Windows XP on it, you’d better contact Gateway to confirm if Windows XP can be fully supported by your computer.
    Hope it helps.
    Tim Quan - MSFT

• T430 Ultrabay or HDD Caddy and mSATA

Hi,
    I just ordered my T430 and waiting for delivery. I was wondering if it is possible to use built-in HDD and add a second HDD with UltraBay or HDD Caddy for storage and programs and also add a mSATA SSD for OS installation.
    3 Hard Drives on a laptop is what I am looking for. I am a heavy VMware user and need to install separate VMs to separate HDDs. If this is possible, is it advisable?
    Also I would be glad if you can give me some advice with the drives. I think with the 2nd HDD (UltraBay or Caddy) I am OK with 12.5 mm but I just couldn't be sure.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

ForksAndKnives wrote:
    In response to the original post, I was also going to install the operating system on the mSATA drive but I'm not going to now because there was a post that I read that advised against it.
    I can't find the post right now but I highly recommend you do some more research before going into it. Cheers
    If you find that post, please post a link.
    IIRC there was a thread/post advising to not use the caching SSD that shipped with these machines for the main OS drive.
    That was to do with the specific technology of that particular SSD.  It was not stating that it was a bad idea to use an SSDs in general for an OS drive.
    Z.
    The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.  The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

• Mounting a second SATA HDD in the Pavillion 500-304nd

I have recently purchased the desktop mentioned in the subject line, along with a second 1TB SATA HDD to add to it. I did find the connections for a second drive but cannot find a place on the computer's frame to physically mount the drive. What's the secret here? Do I need an extra part to mount the HDD, and if so: where can I find one?
    View Solution.

Hi,
    This HP posted document shows how to remove the existing hard drive but it doesn't show how to add a second hard drive since your PC is not provisioned for multiple hard drives.
    Review this thread.  Look at message #9.  There are many different ways to modify a PC as such but the solution was not provided by HP. If you think that this solution would work for your then ask the poster where to obtain the needed parts.
    HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
    HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
    HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
    Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
    Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
    Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT

• Sata HDD Docking Station not reconising on Imac do  i need to download some sort of driver?

H new to all this . Purchased a SATA HDD docking station which stated on box it was compatible with a MAC but plugged it in and can't find it anywhere . Got a small disk with it with softwear but to small for drive. Has anyone had simular problem.

you likely have to download the drivers manually from their website slotin drives such as imacs have don't support tiny optical discs

• Tecra M2 HDD Caddy

Hello guys and gals! I'm new and I need help. I need a replacement HDD caddy for a Tecra M2 I own. Anyone knows where to buy one or at least the part number to it? Thanks!

try national parts. this is one of the sites toshiba recommends for replacement parts
    -civicman4-
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.

Maybe you are looking for

• Assigning values to array in soa 10.1.3

Dear team, I am working on soa10.1.3 server. we have a complex element of string array.we created a varaible of that element. In while loop we need to pass values to array elements.How can we do that..we tried with indexvaraible..but getting error. R

• ITunes doesn't open/work anymore.

If I'm open iTunes it starts well, but after the iTunes appears at the screen it stops opening and the mac doesn't work anymore. I can't do anything. After a while i can hear the mac works for a few seconds and if I use the shortcut cmd "Q", iTunes c

• Can't download non-istore podcasts

I just purchased several podcasts of the NPR series "Says You!" I transferred the downloads to the istore window and they're all waiting. (along with three episodes of "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" that I DID get through the istore.) But, though I've tri

• 1) which SVN for Access dev? 2) alternative for use on peer-to-peer network ?

a - As I understand it typical SVN solutions require a server on your network... true? b - Which SVN solution should we consider for keeping up with Access development revisions, etc? c - Is there a solution that will work on a peer-to-peer network?

• Display is not responding

hi display of  my iphone 4s is not responding some times and switchoff button is not working