Sattelite A300 - Socket P cpu U/G to T7500 from T3400 ?

Hi,
I have a Sat Pro A300-1RS, but this model is worryingly not selectable on any model no. from tosh websites??
It has a Dualcore T3400 that is Socket-P and according to specs, a T7500, T7700, T7800 should be compatible with the chipset and package.
Can anyone tell me if this Mainboard model can support this range of Core2 CPU's ?
I guess it doesn't support Core2 Quad..
I really need VT/x support for my work, but cannot afford a new laptop.
Hopefully someone can kinda confirm that my upgrade theory should be possible..
Cheers
AndyT

That doesn't appear to be a US model, and this is the forums for Toshiba USA. You may want to contact Toshiba in your region. Because it appears to be a European model, you could check the Toshiba Europe forums.
- Peter

Similar Messages

• K8neo 4 socket 939 cpu 3800 x2 amd what is the best hard disk

k8neo 4 socket 939 cpu 3800 x2 amd what is the best hard disk
    for this confy
    i know maxtor has more problem
    so i ask to you
    what is the best hard disk 250 300 gb ?
    sata sata 2 ?
    i read about in some site but i can understand what is the best for this confy
    thank
    my english is Lol

When we are talking about Quality and Performance the choice is:
    http://www.wdraptorx.com

• Socket 775 cpu with DDR and AGP

I just noticed this in the socket 775 section:
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=623

you need more than a new LGA775 CPU... You need to have a new CPU Cooler too! The Socket-478 CPU Cooler will NOT work with this board.
    bejon2000, I think I can answer you regarding the MOSFET for 775 vs 478 boards.
    For LGA775, the power requirement is higher since LGA775 CPU is going to have higher speed than the S478 CPU. Thus, the CPU VREG design has to be able to provide higher power for the LGA775 boards compared to S478 boards. This is CPU dependent, it's not socket dependent.
    2 phase, 3 phase or 4 phase depends, again, on the CPU to be used. 4 phase would give better thermal efficiency compared to 3-phase, while 2 phase will be running the hottest. However, either 2, 3 or 4 phases, this CPU VREG design is well tuned to the fastest allowable CPU that's expected to work with this board. So, don't worry about it provided you have a good cooling air ventilation on your board.
    Anyway, it can be confirmed that 865 Springdale does NOT support EM64T at all. So if you plan to upgrade to 64-bit enabled Pentium 4 CPU, this board will NOT be able to support it.

• Re: Keyboard behaving weird on my Sattelite A300 notebook

Dear all,
    I have a Sattelite A300 notebook.
    In the last days, I have had some problems with some keys on the keyboard. At first the "l" did not type well, and today I had troubles making the "m" work, and now it seems like the Ctrl key does not respond anymore.
    It seems to me that it is a software problem.
    What can I do about it?
    Thanks!
    Heleen

Hi,
    I am also having a problem with my keyboard on my A300...
    It seems that the space key gets stuck down, and I cannot stop it. It will just keep "spacing".
    This happens when using a web browser, also when in Microsoft Outlook 2007.
    I find the Tab key also gets stuck down (as I have turned away from my work in MYOB Premier V12 only to find the computer rapidly "scrolling" or "tabbing" through each field).
    Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?
    I thought maybe the key was actually physically "stuck down" but I have tried to lift it to normal key height but it's already the right height....
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks! :)

• Toshiba Sattelite A300

I have a Toshiba Sattelite A 300 notebook and recently it start heating. I mean really heating, if you keep it on your feet it can get you burns, any thoughts what can be my problem? 
    HowToLounge

Check the vents on the bottom and sides of the computer. Make sure that there is no dust or dirt blocking the vents. Make sure that you are using the computer on a hard, flat surface. Blocking the cool air coming in from the bottom is a sure way to overheat the computer. If the computer is 3 or more years old, you may need to get the silicon grease between the CPU and the heat sink replaced. It can dry up or dissipate over a period of time. You're going to need Toshiba Certified tech to correctly install the right silicon grease in the computer.
    I never use canned air to blow the dirt in the vents. It just moves the dirt around without removing it, and the compressed air is often damp causing liquid to get in the system.

• Satellite Pro A300 PSAGDA-02000R CPU and video card chipset mismatch

can anyone help me with the specs on this laptop.
    When I look at the official toshiba brochure for this product it mentions that the CPU Chipset is
    "Mobile Intel 965PM Express Chipset"
    but the second video card says
    "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GM45"
    Which is correct because what I've read on the intel website, the GMA X3100 is used on the mobile 965PM Express Chipset.
    Any help will be much appreciated.

To be honest this unit is not known to me but I know that some other Satellite Pro A300 supports other chipsets;
    For example:
    SATELLITE PRO A300 PSAJ1E-005008BT supports Intel GM965 chipset and Intel GM965 graphic chip
    SATELLITE PRO A300 PSAJ5E-001001GR supports Intel PM965 chipset and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470
    SATELLITE PRO A300-1E7 PSAGDE-003003EN supports Intel Mobile PM45 Express Chipset and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470
    SATELLITE PRO A300-1HF PSAG1E-00K00SIT supports Intel GM965 and Intel GM965 graphic chip as well.
    SATELLITE PRO A300-21B PSAGDE-01S007A3 supports Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470.
    As you see there are many different notebook models with completely different hardware components
    I googled too and it seems that the Satellite Pro A300 PSAGDA-02000R supports Mobile Intel 965PM Express chipset and graphic card ATI Mobility Radion, HD 3650 with 512MB + Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GM45.

• Toshiba Sattelite C660 Intel i5 CPU 2.3GHz - Locked to 1.3GHz only!!

Hello, 
    I have Toshiba C660 Satellite Laptop with Intel i5 2.3Ghz - Turbo Boost 2.9GHz.
    I'm running Official Windows 8.1. 
    I recently noticed that my laptop is slow and laggy, and upon checking on task manager CPU stats, i noticed that my CPU is locked in between 0.7 GHz and 1.36GHz.
    What ever i do it remains maxed out on 1.3.
    What can I do ? is my CPU fried? I tried re installing windows with no luck.
    please help! thanks
    This is my task manager screen: 
    Also here's HW Monitor screen:

in order to determine if the cpu is able to reach its max speed, you need to run a bench program like IBT, Prime or the like.  Download the program then run and check the cpu load and speed to see if it is functioning as expected.  Also, if your on battery power, the default power plan may limit the max cpu speed.  You can temporarily change this or run on the power adapter which usually allows the cpu to run at 100% max by default.
    L305-S5955, T9300 Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 60GB SSD, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

• One socket and two ports, not getting response from the server

Hi everyone,
    I am working on device which communicate through Tcp sockets, It has an IP address and one port for listening and another for sending the response.
    Problem is that I am able to create a connection to Device ip+port, and i am trying to listen on the same port while the device is sending the response on other port. My problem is that i can't create another socket using this port and therefore not getting the response from the device.
    Can you people tell me how to handle such socket communication in java ?
    Thanks in advance.

I am working on device which communicate through Tcp sockets, It has an IP address and one port for listening and another for sending the response.Are you sure? That's not usual. It would be usual for it to use the same port for listening, reading, and writing.
    Problem is that I am able to create a connection to Device ip+port, and i am trying to listen on the same port while the device is sending the response on other port.I would try just reading from the same socket you are sending on. I suggest you have misunderstood how the device works.

• High CPU Usage while getting input from JTextArea

I have a core class (emulator) that can receive and handle command strings of varying sorts. I have an Interface that, when implemented, can be used to work with this emulator.
    I have code that works, but the CPU is pegged. The emulator has its own thread, and my GUI, which implements the aforementioned Interface and extends JFrame, clearly has its own as well.
    So, the emulator calls the gatherResponse(prompt) method of the interface driving it, in order to find out the next command :
    Here is the code for this method (note that the console member variable is referring to the JTextArea that is within the JFrame) :
         public String gatherResponse(String prompt) {
              printPrompt(prompt);          
              lastPrompt = prompt;
              class ResponseListener extends Thread implements KeyListener {
                   public volatile String response = null;
                   public ResponseListener() {
                        super();
                   public void run() {
                        while (getResponse() == null) {
                             try {
                                       Thread.sleep((int)Math.random() * 100);
                             catch (InterruptedException ie) {
                                  System.out.println("ResponseListener.run==>"+ie.toString());
                   public String getResponse() {
                        return response;
                   public void keyPressed(KeyEvent e) {
                        System.out.println("ResponseListener.keyPressed==>"+e.getKeyCode());
                        if (e.getKeyCode() == 10) {
                             try {
                                  response = getLastConsoleLine();
                                  System.out.println("response found:"+response);
                             catch (Exception exc) {}
                   } //end public void keyPressed(KeyEvent e)
                   public void keyTyped(KeyEvent e) {}
                   public void keyReleased(KeyEvent e) {}
              } //end class ResponseListener implements KeyListener
              ResponseListener rl = new ResponseListener();
              console.addKeyListener(rl);
              System.out.println("Starting ResponseListener");
              rl.start();
              String response = null;
              while ((response = rl.getResponse()) == null) {
                   try {
                        Thread.sleep((int)Math.random() * 1000);
                   catch (InterruptedException ie) {
                        System.out.println(ie.toString());
              } //end while((response = rl.getResponse())==null)
              console.removeKeyListener(rl);
              System.out.println("returning "+response);
              return response;
         } //end public void gatherResponse(String prompt)     Like I said, this works just fine, but I don't want to go with it when it pegs the CPU. I've never really done any work w/ Threads, so I could be making a real newbie mistake here...

Code adapted from The Producer/Consumer Example
    import java.awt.*;
    import java.awt.event.*;
    import javax.swing.*;
    import javax.swing.event.*;
    import javax.swing.text.*;
    public class Listening
        Scheduler scheduler;
        JTextField north, south;
        public Listening(Scheduler s)
            scheduler = s;
            north = new JTextField();
            south = new JTextField();
            north.setName("north");
            south.setName("south");
            scheduler.register(north);
            scheduler.register(south);
        private JTextField getNorth() { return north; }
        private JTextField getSouth() { return south; };
        public static void main(String[] args)
            Scheduler scheduler = new Scheduler();
            Listening test = new Listening(scheduler);
            Monitor monitor = new Monitor(scheduler);
            JFrame f = new JFrame("Listening");
            f.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);
            f.getContentPane().add(test.getNorth(), "North");
            f.getContentPane().add(test.getSouth(), "South");
            f.setSize(240,125);
            f.setLocation(200,200);
            f.setVisible(true);
            monitor.start();
    class Scheduler
        private String contents;
        private boolean available = false;
        public synchronized String get(String caller)
            while(!available)
                try
                    wait();
                catch (InterruptedException ie)
                    System.err.println("Scheduler.get interrupted: " + ie.getMessage());
            available = false;
            System.out.println(caller + " get: " + contents);
            notifyAll();
            return contents;
        public synchronized void put(String sender, String input)
            while(available)
                try
                    wait();
                catch (InterruptedException ie)
                    System.err.println("Scheduler.put interrupted: " + ie.getMessage());
            contents = input;
            available = true;
            System.out.println(sender + " put: " + contents);
            notifyAll();
        protected void register(final JTextComponent tc)
            Document doc = tc.getDocument();
            doc.addDocumentListener(new DocumentListener()
                public void changedUpdate(DocumentEvent e) { /*styles*/ }
                public void insertUpdate(DocumentEvent e)  { report(); }
                public void removeUpdate(DocumentEvent  e) { report(); }
                private void report()
                    put(tc.getName(), tc.getText());
    class Monitor extends Thread
        Scheduler scheduler;
        JTextField  listenerField;
        public Monitor(Scheduler s)
            scheduler = s;
            launchDialog();
        public void run()
            boolean continueToMonitor = true;
            while(continueToMonitor)
                try
                    Thread.sleep(10);
                catch(InterruptedException ie)
                    System.err.println("Monitor.run interrupted: " + ie.getMessage());
                    continueToMonitor = false;
                String text = scheduler.get(this.getClass().getName());
                listenerField.setText(text);
        private void launchDialog()
            listenerField = new JTextField();
            JDialog d = new JDialog(new Frame(), getClass().getName(), false);
            d.getContentPane().add(listenerField, "North");
            d.setSize(300,100);
            d.setLocation(585,200);
            d.setVisible(true);
    }

• Mac -Mini running at 100C CPU temperature after receiving back from servic

Hello,
    I just received back my Mac-mini from Apple service.
    As other users reported, the fan was going mad, running at full speed all the time. By using: http://www.bresink.de/osx/TemperatureMonitor.html
    I could see that the temperature-sensor connected to the heat-sink did not show up in the list of sensors. Service replaced the main board, and now the heat-sink sensor shows reasonable readings, and the fan is running silent, at least with no work load.
    However, while performing a little web browsing, I found that the fan still goes wild.
    What I noticed: The "TemperatureMonitor" utility reports that the CPU core temperature goes up beyond 100C/212F, even under mild work load, while the CPU heat sink is still reported at moderate temperatures around 35 C/95F !??? Environment temperature is below 30C.
    Before I give away my MAC for another week or two, I would like to check whether this is usual behavior. Other users report max CPU temp of about 80-90C. Intel specifies max core temperature of 100C. According to the digital thermometer build in, my MAC sometimes exceeds this max spec by Intel.
    Is this usual behavior, or did Apple service not properly install the heat sink after service, such that the CPU is only running with limited cooling ??
    Thank you for your suggestions
    Detlef
    Mac Mini 1.5GHz core solo   Mac OS X (10.4.9)  

Only an internal investigation would show whether the heatsink was correctly reinstalled, but quite clearly since the temperature being reported is at the operational limit specified for the processor, what you are experiencing is not in any way 'usual'. There are sites with content such as flash animations, which can cause high CPU load and thus push system temperatures up and cause the fan to spin up, but not for prolonged periods of course.
    Since the fan is running up to full speed on your mini as a result of the temperature rising, it is clearly not an issue with MacOS or the fan control cable, and as such I would urge that you return your system to the service provider with a description of the problem and a list of website addresses you have visited which causes these problems so they can set about replicating the issue.

• My socket plug for my charger has broken from no fault of my own, can I get a new one for free?

The plug that you plug onto the socket has broken from no fault of my own, cAn I claim for a new one?

Take it into Apple with your iPad and they will evaluate the plug
    and replace if it has a manufacturing defect.

• CPU Usage - Generating Word Docs from RoboHelp X5

If you have generated a fair-sized document through RoboHelp,
    and you are having problems with your CPU usage pegging out around
    100%, bouncing up and down between 50% and 100%, the page
    repainting as you scroll through the document, etc., this solution
    is for you!
    I am using RoboHelp X5 to generate large Word documents
    (2003). This solution worked perfect for me. The problem is with
    document corruption, apparently. After you have generated your Word
    document and opened the document, be sure to display the paragraph
    marks. You will probably see the “]” mark at or near
    the end of the document. Select your entire document,
    except for the final paragraph mark, making sure to exclude
    this symbol, and copy everything else. Open a blank Word document
    and paste this content into the new document.
    You will now need to reattach your template (.dot) file for
    the generated document through Tools/Templates and Addins:
    1. Locate the applicable document template and attach it
    (it's typically in the base generated project directory in RoboHelp
    - .dot file). Click the OK button to save.
    2. Return to Tools/Templates and Addins. Click the Organizer
    button to display the Styles tab.
    3. In the right-hand list (In Normal.dot), Close the
    Normal.dot file
    4. Open the same RoboHelp .dot template as you selected
    previously.
    4. Select all of the styles once they display in the right
    pane and click the <<Copy button to copy them all over to the
    document template. Confirm that you want to replace all styles in
    the document.
    5. Close the menu using the Close button. The dialog closes
    and your styles should all be updated, if your styles were set up
    appropriately via template and style sheet settings.
    You may need to also adjust the Page Setup page width
    settings, if necessary.
    Good luck!
    Liz0259

Peter:
    Thank you for responding to me, as I may not have been clear
    enough, and I apologize for that. I was trying to keep it short and
    sweet. This problem started when I began using RoboHelp X5 this
    year.
    To clarify...
    - I'm not concerned with CPU usage during document
    generation, that is to be expected. The document will need to be
    generated originally from a RoboHelp WebHelp project. This does not
    change. The problem takes place AFTER you generate a large document
    and then open it in MS Word.
    - My documents are large, 140-500 pages. It took forever to
    scroll through the Word document (RoboHelp-generated), the screen
    kept repainting, and the CPU usage stuck fluctuating frequently
    between 50% and 100%, not allowing me to do much else. Editing
    those documents was a nightmare. Even if I shut down all other
    programs.
    - Something translates to the Word doc from RoboHelp that
    maxes out the CPU usage, and I can't locate the exact culprit.
    However, it appears to be tied to the faded "]" symbol at the end
    of the document (there is a "[" at the beginning, too). So you have
    to omit more than the last paragraph mark; that symbol also needs
    to be left out.
    - The "corruption" information came from Microsoft; it could
    be something other than that, but this is what they said. I found
    nothing that would help on the RoboHelp forum, so I went to
    Microsoft to see if they had a solution. Apparently, this is a
    common problem with Word 2003, but the articles didn't mention
    RoboHelp in the issues. I tried this solution, adding the omission
    of the "[" symbol, with complete success.
    - When you copy the document without the last paragraph mark,
    it will still include the headers/footers when you paste it
    (although you may need to adjust them slightly). This is not the
    problem.
    - When a document is generated, you can select to use a MS
    Word template, which I do. I fully use the style sheets in
    RoboHelp, and they match my Word styles (template) to keep things
    in sync. Actually, this Word template remains in the project; it is
    not moved to the folder that holds your Normal.dot file. So the
    link to the template in RoboHelp from your document does in fact
    remain intact. However, you can copy that template to another
    folder outside the project and link it from there, but it won't
    matter.
    - The Word template (.dot) needs to be reapplied in order to
    restore your styles, as the Normal.dot styles are applied when you
    copy the content over to a new document. It doesn't matter where
    you store the template. I reapply this SAME template after I copy
    and paste the content into the new document. This is not the cause
    of the problem. Note: The application of a template is not the same
    thing as going back to the master copy. This is still a fresh
    document, with the content pasted in and the same template applied.
    - I have tried deleting the local copy and starting over. I
    have moved the file to another location. I have renamed or created
    a 'save-as' copy of the file. I tried editing out any extra
    un-necessary merge-tags in Word, looked for macros, etc. All of
    these things do not resolve the CPU Usage problem.
    I hope this makes more sense. You can try it out if you wish,
    but you will need to do this with a large document and use the
    Print View when looking at the document in Word. You'll have less
    of a problem in Normal View, or with a smaller document (under 50
    pages).
    Good luck!
    Liz0259

• 100% CPU usage with XP Cooler from PCAlert4

Any idea why I would be running 100% cpu usage when running XP Cooler from PCAlert4?  I noticed PC was sluggish when running it so CTRL+ALT+DEL and under performance is 100% CPU with 245MB Ram Usage. No other TSR's running - several application but under 10% CPU usage without PCAlert and XP Cooler.
         I was also wondering if anyone had any ideas on the video?  I have the K7N2G with 768MB DDR PC 2100 (3x256) XP2200+ 266FSB running 1804MHz - Maxtor 30GB 7200RPM - 350W PSU (raidmax - yea yea I know, dont say a word though LOL) on board video and here is the problem - graphics are great, but they get choppy - running NFS HotPursuit 2 at 32bit 800x600 (doesnt seem to matter even when running 16bit 640x480still does it.) what setting am I missing?  Thanks in advance.

Deathstalker (Richard),
         I did what you suggest in memory management and also changed out the mem on the board - it did make a difference, not as much as I had hoped, but it did.
    Raven,
         I have used Fraps in the past, forgot about it, but went ahead and downloaded it to get a better look.
    To the Both of you,
         Thanks so much for your replies, sometimes it just takes someone outside looking in to see the things overlooked.  But I went ahead and also ran all of the latest updates for the board (semi new system and I only installed with the CD that came with the Mobo) and everything is running better than expected.  Thanks again for your thoughts - keep 'em flowin, it's amazing whom we could help.  Take care.
    Don

• Socket Problem, Problem about printing the response from server

Or even I am not sure if there is a response from server. My code is like that
                   //Connection between, httpProxy and target adress
                   Socket clientSocket= new Socket("some host", 80);
                   DataOutputStream outToServer= new DataOutputStream(clientSocket.getOutputStream());
                   BufferedReader inFromServer= new BufferedReader(new     InputStreamReader(clientSocket.getInputStream()));
                   //The first way
                   //outToServer.writeBytes("GET http://www.somehost.com/ HTTP/1.1"+ '\n');
                   //System.out.println("FROM SERVER: "+inFromServer.readLine());
                   //The second way
                   PrintWriter out_writer = new PrintWriter(outToServer, false);
                   out_writer.println("GET http://www.somehost.com/ HTTP/1.1");
                   out_writer.println("Host: localhost:80");
                   out_writer.println("Connection: Close");
                   out_writer.println();
                                        //The second way cont.
                   String s = null;
                   while ((s = inFromServer.readLine()) != null)
                   System.out.println(s);
                   inFromServer.close();There are the two ways that I tried, and both of them didn't work. Why they are not working ? How can I solve it ?

problem is solved, the reason it doesn't work is i didn't write the parts correctly. I mean it should be exactly the same packetIf you mean that the entire request must be sent in a single IP packet, this isn't true.
    and host name must also be exactly sent to server.Of course.
    They must be like in the wireshark.No. The actual data you send must be the same, but the server has no way of telling about what the IP packet looks like or how many there were.
    One of your problems is that newlines in HTTP are defined as \r\n. In one case you're just using \n and in the other case you're using whatever the platform line terminator is. Neither is correct.

• CPU Compatibility lists are missing from some mainboard pages

Since the latest web site revamp, some CPU Compatibility/support file links have disappeared.  The one I am mainly interested in is for the K9N2 SLI Platinum.  I want to change my cpu-and now there is no way to tell what is supported.  The Support-Test link is still there, as is the various downloads, but there is no way to find the cpu support file.  The DKA790GX page used to be missing the CPU link, but got one a few days ago.  Several other older mainboards I looked at are also missing the cpu support link.  Thanks

http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=prodcpu2&prod_no=1552&maincat_no=1&orderby=cpu_name%20ASC#menu

Maybe you are looking for

• RPCS0000 job issue

Hello, I have an issue when I run the program "RPCS0000" for RPTIME00 in the background. In SM37, the job appears but after one minute, it changes from "active" status to "interrupt" Could someone help on this please? Kind regards Karim

• Genius is unavailable for the song ...

SInce late in 2010 my iTunes does not seem to be able to use any new music that I have imported to create a Genius. Older, previously imported, songs work fine (if they are recognized by the store, etc) but the new ones do not. Have have tried: reset

• Which are the tables updated in SRM and R/3 System for SC created?

Hi, I want to know which are the tables updated in SRM system and also in R/3 system, when a Shopping Cart is created. Also how do i get the PO number for the Shopping Cart created. Thanks. Regards. Rahul

• Safari font looks scrambled, Want a fix

The font on Safari (especially if is bold) looks scrambled. From Google if I search for example safari the font on the results page looks scrambled. I don't know how to post a screen shot on this page. If I knew it how, I would. MacOS 1.5.6. Bought m

• Error starting HTTP-Server: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

Hello, I installed IAS 10.1.2.0.2. then I tried to start an application and get the following: D:\Oracle_Home_IAS\j2ee\home>java -jar oc4j.jar 07/01/08 10:04:00 Error starting HTTP-Server: Address already in use: JVM_Bind 07/01/08 10:04:01 Oracle App