Search for a driver: Ricoh Multi Card Reader for Windows 8 - for my T61 (6463) -

Hi!
I`m searching for a Windows 8-Driver for my T61 (6463).
I have a Ricoh Multi Card Reader inside and I can`t find a driver for this one.
Can anybody help me?
Thank you,
Heiko
Solved!
Go to Solution.

Hello,
Try downloading the following driver:
Name:  Ricoh Multi Card Reader Driver for Windows Vista, XP
Version:  3.54.02
Date:  06 Mar 2008
URL:  http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=migr-68053
The drivers will extract to a directory named "C:\DRIVERS\WIN\4IN1\", if I recall correctly.  Once extracted, run Device Manager (filename: DEVMGMT.MSC), go to the entry where the unrecognized card reader is located, and perform an update, using the "Have Disk" option and pointing it to the directory in which the drivers were extracted.
I do not recall if a reboot is required, but in any case I would recommend doing one, at which point you should then be able to see the card reader from Windows 8.
Regards,
Aryeh Goretsky
I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
S230u (3347-4HU) • X220 (4286-CTO) • W510 (4318-CTO) • W530 (2441-4R3) • X100e (3508-CTO) • X120e (0596-CTO) • T61p (6459-CTO) • T43p (2678-H7U) • T42 (2378-R4U) • T23 (2648-LU7)
  Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español Русскоязычное Сообщество

Similar Messages

• Cannot update Ricoh Multi Card Reader

Hello All,
    I was updating Ricoh Multi Card Reader drivers on my W520 and the installation was not successful: It installed the driver, asked to restart PC, then I saw a message "installing new drivers". After all, a message "unsuccessful installation - device unplugged" popped up. How can I plug it or switch it ON?
    I even cannot see Ricoh drivers under 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers'.
    Any suggestions how to fix that?
    Thanks!

A very very good question. I will check to see what answer you get.
    Drivers and updated drives as well as released BIOS upgrade should be certified and guaranteed to work. I have seen cases where that is not the case. This is a new on. I am currently holding off on my BIOS update since there is no response about the 1.41 release. I don't want to brick my MB accidentally.
    T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
    Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
    Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3

• T510 Windows XP 64bit - Multi Card reader no longer working

Just installed XP 64 bit from XP 32 because i finally got tired of windows only recognizing 2GB of RAM.
    I have just discovered the multi card reader no longer works (it worked just a few days ago with the 32 bit xp).
    i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver (6hss03ww.exe - Ricoh Multi Card Reader Driver) several times, with no luck.
    i do not have any uninstalled drivers, or highlighted items in the device manager.
    Has anyone else ever has this issue, or can offer some advice? i am a bit at a loss... and ready to dump this thing out the window and buy a mac...

Hello mate,
    Lenovo doesn't support windows xp 64-bit. If you have a look in the readme file it says
    Added support for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (on ThinkPad
    W510 only).
    Install windows vista or 7 if you want a 64-bit OS.
    Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.
    ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
    ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

• R3000 multi card reader problem

I have a problem with the sd card reader on here that it wants to format the sd card when inserted, I searched the forum for others that were having the problem, and found that I possibly need the sp29788 updated driver for it, so I downloaded it to the laptop, but am still getting the same thing. The card that I am trying to read is a 2gb that I can read with usb multi card reader, but not the one in the laptop. The driver for the multi card reader shows a 8/8/2003 date on it, the driver on the hp website sp29788 shows a 2005 date. When I installed the updated driver for it, the date on the driver still shows as 2003. What next?

Hi lincon50
    I understand the memory card isn't being recognized since the wireless setup and the apple update.
    Please take a look at the post from pcwizard and give it a try.
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/transferring-photos-from-memory-card-to-comput...
    Here is a url for memory card troubleshooting.
    I would test the memory card in another device.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00059994#N824
    If you need more assistance just let me know.
    Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
    Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
    Gemini02
    I work on behalf of HP

• Hp officejet pro 8600 multi-card reader problem

Have officejet 8600 printer/fax with multi-card reader.  All worked fine when wired to Apple computer before. Went wireless last week...set up router etc. All worked fine till I tried to load an sd camera card in the printer like i had done many times before.  Doesn't recognize the multi-drive...all lights start to flash..tells me i need to turn printer off/on to continue....NEVER does recognize the card reader!...
    I remember there was an update from Apple that had to do with printer drivers on Oct.15th....could that be the problem or do I need to set something else because of the wireless setup? 
    The printer works fine otherwise....it does recognize the wireless connection for straight printing. I haven't tried the fax part yet.

Hi lincon50
    I understand the memory card isn't being recognized since the wireless setup and the apple update.
    Please take a look at the post from pcwizard and give it a try.
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/transferring-photos-from-memory-card-to-comput...
    Here is a url for memory card troubleshooting.
    I would test the memory card in another device.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00059994#N824
    If you need more assistance just let me know.
    Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
    Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
    Gemini02
    I work on behalf of HP

• Multi-Card Reader not working

I have an HP a6700f
    Product Number FQ565AA#ABA
    I have had Windows 8.1 Installed on it since it's been in beta and haven't had any hardware issues. BUt today i tried to put an SD card into the built in card reader and Windows doesn't even try to read it. The transfer light stays solid the entire time.
    It has worked with previous verions of windows (vista, and 7) it's only with 8.1 that it's stopped.

Hello davidfrnks7,
    Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see that your desktop is not able to read SD cards through the multi-card reader, and I would be happy to guide you towards a resolution!
    According to the page for the HP Pavilion a6700f Desktop PC Drivers selection, the only drivers available are for Windows Vista and Windows 7. Without these drivers, your computer will not be able to recognize the multi-card reader.
    This being the case, what you can do is to check for Windows drivers for your multi-card reader in Device Manager. To open the Device Manager, please follow this document on How do I get into Windows Device Manager? Once in Device Manager, please right-click on the multi-card adaptor and click on "install driver".   
    If the issue persists, you may want to refresh your Windows 8.1 back to Windows 7. To do this, please follow this document on How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC. 
    Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!
    Regards
    MechPilot
    I work on behalf of HP
    Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

• Memory Card "Stuck" in A720 multi-card reader

This is an embarrassing situation. Really appreciate if someone can give me some idea.
     I just got the A720 for a few days. I used SD cards fine with A720's multi-card reader, but last night when I (gently as with the SD cards) slotted in a regular Sony memory stick in it (6-in-1, accepting MS/ MS Pro), the whole stick moved beyond the opening and well into the slot. The A720 could detect the card and I immediately copied all the file into the HD and ejected it on Windows.
    Now the memory stick  remains in(side) the card reader slot, and I dare not touch it further lest it goes further inside. Is this a design flaw? I was appalled and am frustrated by how this could have happened -- I actually used my little finger to slot the card in!. I bought the A720 mainly for photo post-processing.
    Any idea I can get the stick out (and even better slot it in without the same happening again)? Thank you.

Hi
    Welcome To Lenovo Community
    There are various reason for a memory card to get stuck inside the card reader
    Most common is the direction in which the card is inserted, size of the card also matters or any obstacle which is their inside the card reader.
    Push a little harder on the card and it might pop out. The spring mechanism on the inside is designed to release once it is pushed past a certain point.
    If this doesn't work, you need to force it out using a flat tool. To do so Turn off your system , Press  the Power Button for 15 seconds to drain out the remaining charge
    Now use a  needle nose pliers, areal long thin one. And gently pull the memory card out.
    You can also try using a paper clip apply  glue on the edge. Very tiny amount that won't drip push clip in and touch the back of the card. Wait until it is hard in about 15 secs and pull the card out.  
    if this does not work contact Local Lenovo service center , we need to open the card reader to remove the memory card
    Hope This Helps
    Cheers!!!
    Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with Kudos!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!  This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

• Panic when using USB 2 multi card reader

On 2 different intel iMacs, I've got the following error using a USB2 Multi Card Reader (Shows up as a Mass Storage Device under Sys Pref):
    IOUSBMassStorageClass has corrupted the registry
    Registry - am I running windoz or something??!?!?!
    I've used this multi card reader on my G4 for a long time and never had any problems with it. On these 2 different intel iMac's it often stops importing my photos, and sometimes won't mount my memory stick cards. One one occasion I got the black/gray screen telling me to restart my computer, and that's when I got the message above. Yes, I've tried other memory cards, and a different USB cable... and at times I still loose communication with the card reader.
    Any suggestions would be great.
    Thanks!
    24" iMac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo at Home!   Mac OS X (10.4.9)   17" iMac 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo at work!

Hi, is your card reader Mac Intel compatible? which manufacturer?
    I would Repair Permissions then Turn Off. Disconnect everything except KB/M
    restart - I would run OnyX..then Turn Off, connect all your usb & firewire - including card reader if mac compatible! Restart..L

• What kind of driver do I need to use for HP Elitebook 8440p RICOH Smart Card Reader?

I'm using Arch linux x86_64 and need to install Smart Card Reader, but I can't find any drivers for it.
    Best regards,
    Taavi

What operating system is it? Are you sure you put the card in the correct way? [not trying to be mean here]

• HP Media Center m7050y (PX153AV) CTO Desktop PC driver for card reader in windows 7

I have a HP Media Center m7050y (PX153AV) CTO Desktop PC that I've upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. I'm trying to get my card readers driver. Is there one specifically for Windows 7, or is there one that worked with previous Windows editions that I should use?

PMurnane, welcome to the forum.
    Since there are no Product Specifications for the computer, I don't know the brand of the card reader.  Here is a driver for the Realtek card reader.  If it doesn't work, let me know the brand of it.
    Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
    Signature:
    HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)
    HP 10 Plus; Android-Kit Kat; 1.0 GHz Allwinner A31 ARM Cortex A7 Quad Core Processor ; 2GB RAM Memory Long: 2 GB DDR3L SDRAM (1600MHz); 16GB disable eMMC 16GB v4.51
    HP Omen; i7-4710QH; 8 GB memory; 256 GB San Disk SSD; Win 8.1
    HP Photosmart 7520 AIO
    ++++++++++++++++++
    **Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**
    Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!
    I am not an HP employee.

• T61 Ricoh SD card reader

Does T61 build in Ricoh card reader support 4G SDHC card?
    I seem to have problem with that. using 1G or 2G SD card works fine.

Hello,
    please post your model, not S/N, number and os.
    For using SDHC in Xp you´ll need a hotfix.
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter! Try the forum search, before first posting: Forum Search Option
    Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
    I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
    TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.
     English Community       Deutsche Community       Comunidad en Español

• Why does Sony multi-card reader show up now as a RealTek product?

I've had a Sony MRW62E/T1/181  card reader for several years. It worked fine until recently. When I plugged in the USB cord that came with it into my XP Pro SP3 computer, I got a message asking me to install a RealTek driver. To the best of my knowledge, there are no RealTek products on my PC. I've tried rebooting and deleting entries in the Device Manager. No luck. I can't get the PC to recognize the card reader, much less retrieve photos from my SanDisk Ultra III 8GB SDHC camera card I've always used. Even stranger, I can use the card reader just fine if I plug it into the Windows 7 system at work. Yes, I have the Sony drive letter software installed. I've also tried different USB ports on my PC. Tips?
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Now if it’s a driver issue.
    Most card readers and other USB Storage devices (ebook readers, cameras, camcorders, etc), use generic USB Win drivers.
    Have you try to uninstall only the drivers of the USB Mass Storage Device?
    Here is an example how to uninstall the Reader Digital Book USB drivers in the Win SO. It’s the same even for other Storage devices.
    https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32193/p/73878,73935,73936/c/65,66/kw/drivers
    Then reboot PC and connect the card reader.

• Request for USB and/or CF card reader

As a serious photographer, I would like to see USB ports added to the iPad. The size is perfect for traveling; I'd love to replace the laptop with an iPad. My camera uses Compact Flash cards, so at the least, if adding USB ports is not part of the plan, having a CF card reader for the iPad will be essential for some of us.
    My ideal: a way to charge AND download images at the same time. Some days I take quite a few images.

I agree with you, but I doubt that Apple will add much of what we like.
    However, you can attach a compact flash reader via the camera connection kit USB dongle and the photo app will import from a CF card in the reader.
    When attached to a computer the imported photos on the iPad will appear as an import source in photo app. like Lightroom, Bridge, Aperture etc.
    I have successfully imported from my Nikon d3 & d200 compact flash to the iPad and then imported them into Lightroom and Bridge when the iPad was connected.
    It handles raw, and raw+jpg and preserves them at full resolution
    What's missing in my mind is:
    Simple ability to manipulate/collect/organize the images.
    Rename
    Add Metadata
    Backup to external drive(s).
    Beyond that I'm willing to wait until I get back to a computer.
    When in the filed with my MacBook I:
    Upload the images, delete obvious duds, rename them and add metadata.
    Then back up to 2 external drives.
    Put CF cards back in Camera and format and start shooting again.
    Steve

• Sd card reader not working for mac pro, sd card reader not working for mac pro

SD CARD SLOT NOT RECOGNIZING SD CARD?

SD Cards not reading! Read here!
    I had the same problem with my MBP-R-15". So I took a look inside the SD Card slot and noticed a contact point on the side. For the SD card to be noticed this needs to be pressed in by the SD Card or it cant be read.
    Solution:
    Make sure your SD Card read/write selector switch is up away from contacts. This will ensure it makes contact with the internal MBP contact switch.
    Now slide your SD Card into the MBP SD Slot, and gently push it towards you (if your facing your MBP to type).
    This will allow the SD Card to make contact the internal slot "switch" and it will be recognized.
    It is tricky but easy enouph to deal with.
    Internal switch is sticking over time.

• Card Reader not working for HP 20 All-in-One

I have an HP 20 All-in-One PC and have bought two All in one card readers that use the USB slots to connect with the PC. Neither work though which is very frustrating!  
    Nothing happens apart from the light comes on in the card reader.

Hi again bardofely,
    It is good to hear back from you again!
    Since you are still not able to discover your USB card readers, I recommend following the steps in this document on Windows 8 Safe Mode. This should help to enable your system to recognize your card readers without any additional services or background programs.
    Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!
    Regards
    MechPilot
    I work on behalf of HP
    Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Maybe you are looking for

• Rescue and Recovery "File is in use and can't be copied" errors - T61 - WXP

Hi and thanks - When Rescue and recovery backs up, I frequently get  the error message, "This file is in use and can't be backed up.  Close all programs and try again" [my paraphrase].  Here is everything I have tried: Restarting Windows and backing

• Upload large file on doSubmit in javascript

Hi all, I'm currently having some problems uploading large files using a custom Upload button (button calls doSubmit from javascript). When using an Upload button with unconditional branch to the same page (no js) it works perfectly. Now I have to us

• Filter not providing intended results

Newbie here to Answers. I am trying to filter the results of a column to the values in another request. However, the relationship "is equal to any" is not the same as "equals to" so it returns all possibilities. I get the intended results fine, when

• Jdr_utils.deleteDocument Not deleting records Extenstion AM

Hi, I made an extension for "JobOpActionsAM" and deplyee it with jpximport.bat. Now I whant to delete this extension, I ran jdr_utils.deleteDocument and it said the document that the decoment deleted. (i COMMITED AFTER DELETE) also I banch the appach

• How to block Facebook in SA520

Hello, i added to content filtering URL keyword "facebook" but if i try to go to Facebook website like this https://www.facebook.com SA520 dont block that. What should i do?