Small plug on left front edge of a T61

What is the small plug on the left front edge of a T61?  It is not shown in the Help screens nor in the Maintenance Manual.
Solved!
Go to Solution.

Firewire.
T520 4239-CTO
T61/p 6459-CTO (Gone but not forgotten)
A31/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
A30/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
TP600 Win 2K 288 mb memory
701C Win 98 Don't ask

Similar Messages

• HT204291 I have my apple TV plugged into my Denon receiver.  My receiver is setup with 3 speaker channels, one center, one left front and one right front.  When I listen to music via Airplay, sound comes only from the center channel and right, nothing on

I have my apple TV plugged into my Denon receiver.  My receiver is setup with 3 speaker channels, one center, one left front and one right front.  When I listen to music via Airplay, sound comes only from the center channel and right, nothing on the left.  When I watch Cable Television (not using the Apple TV), all 3 channels work fine so I know that the speaker connections are fine. 

I had problems with streaming until I changed the WiFi channel that I was using.  The original one conflicted with my neighbor.  After that, MOST of my streaming problems vanished.  Occasionally, a movie would pause for more buffering and I eventually ran an ethernet cable from the Apple TV to my Apple Extreme (to eliminate the Wifi).  I have not had a single problem since then (except to repair the drywall after running the ethernet from one floor to another).  :-)

• Macbook Air front edge too sharp?

Does anyone else have problems with the front edge of their 13" Macbook Air digging into the palm of their hand when using it on their lap? I find the front edge is so thin that it's actually sharp to a degree and hurts my hand over time from using the trackpad. This is not much of a problem when the computer is on a table, as I tend to use a portable mouse.
    It's not a deal killer and and perhaps my palm is too wimpy, but I think form won out over function in this one area. I'm also wondering if anyone make a form-fitting skin or something similar that will wrap around/over the front edge and provide some protection.

grayparrot wrote:
    I like to use the computer on my lap, and prefer to bring it closer to my face (esp. with the small screen size) by bringing my feet and knees up and having the computer supported by my thigh in back and my stomach in front. As you can imagine, it is very uncomfortable with the Air's sharp front edge digging into my stomach, much more so than with my Macbook Pro 15" which is much heavier.
    That position is hard to visualize, and sounds painful with or without computer
    If I use the Air on my lap alone, the screen size is too small for me, and I'm constantly having to magnify the screen.
    I'm surprised. My vision is pretty bad -- use progressive lens -- and I have no issues with viewing the screen; of course, my "big" laptop is a 13" MacBook and the Air is 11.6", not a huge difference. I have made some font changes in Firefox and Thunderbird for better visibility; the wide screen makes that practical.
    Even when using on a desk, I find that unless I "float" my wrists above the computer while typing or whatever, the edge is uncomfortable against my wrist. I would greatly prefer a rounded edge rather than the sharp square edge currently used.
    Short of using a file (not recommended) there might be some sort of plastic edging you could put over the offending edge; I have seen such things for some purpose (report binding? .. so maybe a stationary store.
    Phil
    Message was edited by: w7ox

• What is the 1/2" slit on the right front edge of the MacBook Pro?

I recent bought a 15" Macbook Pro (2012 Model without the Retina Display).
    I love it, but I notice there is a little 1/2" slit on the right front edge of the laptop.
    Looking on the Tec Specs Page that lists all the ports and connections it is not listed.
    What is this slit? It looks like you can insert somthing into it.

In Ye Olde Days, Apple was less greedy and even included the IR remote control for free with the Mac. Nowadays it is an extra cost item:

• DVD-A writes only Left Front of 5.1 mix-or not at all

This is driving me up the wall and I'm at my wit's end.
    It all started when Logic didn't want to burn the 5.1 mix -oh, it "bounced" it, but when it was done "bouncing" it STOPPED-no burning of the DVD.
    Then I somehow made it burn it by having the Dragon Burn app open at the same time(weird!).
    That was several days ago , and 3 days ago I wanted to make a DVDA of a new mix...
    I tried DOZENS of times and it stopped after "bouncing" as it did.
    OK ,as a desperate measure, I turned on the MOTU (I don't see why it's necessary to have it on to burn a DVDA, but , hey...),
    and whaddayaknow, it BURNED the DVDA,
    BUT, ONLY THE LEFT FRONT of the 5.1 mix
    ...it is not my player, since I checked other DVD-As
    What gives?
    I set it in Preferences/Audio/Surround/out/ at 5.1
    even though it is a quad mix-no Center or LFE
    Please help!

Yes, I did try with STP, but you need to premix the pairs in Logic,
    (which was another problem I was having- Logic wasn't letting me do it either!)
    Anyway...
    I went to
    Logic Pro/Preferences/Initialize all except Key commands
    and accepted ,
    and now it looks as if it worked,
    ONCE in a DVD-RW,
    I tweaked the mix and tried burning a DVDR along with a Bounce and Burn,
    and I have ANOTHER FRIGGIN 2 Euro COASTER ,
    :=(

• Small tear at left side of iPhone 5

I have got new iPhone5 as a replacement less than 15 days back. Yesterday I noticed a small tear on left side middle of the phone. It was not earlier there. I never dropped my phone nor I use it roughly. Also it was not got hit by any other object. Although the tear is minute one but still it's disturbed me .
    Is the quality really depreciating or any else but this is really disappointing..
    Any help by I could get it replaced?

Apple does not fix iPhones, they replace them.

• Creative SBS 4.1 450 Speakers - Left front speaker suddenly stopped working...

Had the speakers for about 6 months with no problems.
    Now the left front speaker has no sound. Specifically, it appears the left front speaker jack isn't working. No matter which speaker I hook up to it, there's no sound.
    All 3 other speakers/jacks are working correctly.
    Any ideas?

Try updating the cards drivers and bios then reset the bios to default after you do this and if you still continue having problems then try the system on another computer and if it works then then you know it's.
    A: software setting for the other computer causing the channel not to work might want to uninstall and reinstall afterwards then update
    B: your cards bad and may need a new one I recammend you audigy2 zs
    Any how Good Luck!
    Message Edited by RLemmon on 12-26-2004 10:08 AM

• Plug markings on front panel wiring

mother board: msi 845e max
    case: msi
    cpu: p4
    hdd: Samsung 40 GB
    memory: Hynix 512 mb DDR
    I want to confirm that unless the plugs from the front panel are marked + or - , it dosen't matter which you plug them into. The mother board manual does indicate + and -. I am rebuilding this computer adding upgraded parts from a HP with a fried power supply. Unfortunately I first thought to use the HP motherboard and thus removed the msi board from the case. I don't have the manual for the case. I know where all the plugs go but not if their orientation matters. Thanks

For reset and power switches, orientation doesn't matter, as the switch simply shorts the pins when pressed.
    Its only the LEDs that must be connected the right way round. And generally as Wonkanoby said, the white lead is (-) and the coloured lead is (+). If the LED is connected the wrong way round it simply won't work, just try it if you're not sure, it won't cause any damage.

• Anyone think the front edge on the MacBook is sharp?

I just purchased a black MacBook. Overall, I love it. However, while using the laptop I find the front edge is almost sharp. It has become a real issue for me. Anyone else have the same problem? I saw this mentioned in a write up about the MacBook on cnet.com.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1998278&#1998278

• I left my iPhone on top of my car. At about 50mph it fell off. It had spider web cracks all over the back and a small section of the front. But it still works perfectly. Thanks for making such a tough phone!

I found my iPhone on the side of the on-ramp thanks to "Find my iPhone". It was within 5 feet of where it had been tracked.

I long ago gave-up on Apple Support Communities as a source of technical info, and instead drop-by from time-to-time for entertainment purposes.
    Thanks for the great story!

• Iphone 5s small circle at left of camera what is it for?

Hi got a screen protector that said it was for iphone 5s but it doesnt feature 3 holes at top front for speaker camera-and what is the other little hole for?
    would a screen protector covering whatever it is interfere with it thanks?

The hole at the top above the earpiece is the front facing camera, and the smaller hole to the left of the earpiece is is noise cancelling microphone.

• "Front Left", "Front Right" from the same speak

I am having an issue I am hoping to get answered. I have Boston Acoustic speakers which I am currently using on a new computer with a SoundBlaster XiFi. I can only hear sound from the left channel (The speaker that plugs INTO the right speaker that plugs into the Subwoofer). When I go to run an diagnostics test, it says :
    Speaker : Front Left... Front Right
    Speaker 2: (Nothing)
    Speaker 3: Rear Left
    Speaker 4: Rear right.
    I know that this is not a problem with the hardware as I can plug these speakers into the computer right next to me & they work fine. I see that this problem crops up very often on these forums, I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
    Thanks

No jack problem at all. I have also suffered myself some problems with "speaker switching" with the X-Fi. Only a full reinstall of all creative drivers has solved it, at least for me. I have posted it some times here, but I always get silence as a response. A common problem is that front right speaker dissapears when it was working perfectly.
    It's a bug, no matter what Creative says (unfortunately they say nothing), there are a lot of posts regarding this

• Printing small legal document in front of every pdf output

Hi ,
    I have a small documeent ( either doc or pdf) that needs to be printed in front of every pdf output of the report. This works fine in HTML output because we can add the name of the file to be pre-printed in the Report properties . But there is no such property for PDF output . Any workarounds ?

I can store simple text in the DB . But i need to store Bold / Underline texts which must appear exactly in the report. I can store with tags . But that works only in HTML output . I need in PDF output.

• Removing small shiny mark from front corner of new MBA

New 11 inch MBA (2 days)  noticed small shiny mak=rk on front LHS case - seems the soft aluminium has been marked with silver shinny appearance.  Any idea how to restore to proper finish again - o=it's like the paint has come off - not knowingly damaged but could have occurred in bag during travel.  MBA working great just wouldlike to improve visual appearance again - ? any special paint ? or treatm,ent as I guess Apple won't cover or accept as a return ??

they may accept it as a return. just dont bring it to their attention.  If you can not return it, it would forego any touchup ideas.

• Small dent in the front lid?

I dropped my t.v remote on my MacBook Pro and it left a small dent on the computer. Is there any way to fix it?

its aluminum so you cant pop it out, you could replace or find way to fill it in

Maybe you are looking for