Software compatibil​ity Centro from Tungsten T3

I have used a Palm Pilot for more years than I can count.  I first used a Handspring Visor, moved to a Sony Clie, and then to the Palm T3, which I have used forever.  There is finally a smart phone with the features that I want, and the ability to move between services.  I want to buy the new Centro, but want to know if that new Palm smartphone is compatible with software that I have installed on my Tungsten T3.  I have spent a bit of money buying this software, but much of it is just that I already have it installed, and I'd like to still use some of it. 
Does anyone know for sure if any or all of this software is totally compatible?  Is there general compatability with older version software?  
Here is what I am using:
Autobase
BigClock
KeySuite from Chapura - or don't I need it with the Centro
World Clock
Gulliver
Wine Guide from Landware
Travel Mate from Handmark
Translator from Handmark
Tamar from TzadakaWare
PTunes - Do I need this with the Centro?
SplashPhoto - Do I need this with the Centro?
BackupBuddy VFS from Blue Nomad
NPass from Nanide
PowerOne (calculator) - from Infinity Software
Ralley Timer from Tap Point
Solfree
Vexed from SourceForge Project
Thanks
Larry
Post relates to: Tungsten T3

There is a Centro list at palmfocus.com that has user reports on programs.
http://www.palmfocus.com/centrosoftware.php
This is not an exhaustive list.  Your best bet is to rename your /Backup folder as suggested, and then reinstall the programs one or two at a time from the renamed folder!
This is also necessary to keep T3 system files from scrambling your new Centro...
WyreNut
Post relates to: Centro (AT&T)
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!
If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

Similar Messages

• I'm installing windows 8 64 from iso dvd-I did the partition wiht BCamp 5 and I did the usb with compatibility software-once installation start from dvd, it ask me for some disk, usb or dvd drivers to continue. How I can continue the instalation?

I'm installing windows 8 64 from iso dvd-I did the partition wiht BCamp 5.
    I did the usb drive with the compatibility software-once installation start from the dvd, it ask me for some disk, usb or dvd drivers to continue.
    How I can continue the instalation? How I can provide those driver to the instalation process?
    Thanks
    Manuel

You can't get there with GUID/GPT.
    There are tips on making a USB flash device that is bootable.
    You can set aside a small 6GB partition somewhere and put Windows 7 installer there and run it WHILE IN Windows.
    Windows Vista can be upgraded in place to 7 RC.
    You'll need NTFS (30-50GB).
    Windows doesn't support FW for booting.
    You can create a drive that has Master Boot Record.

• HT201250 I had to replace the hard drive in my old MacBook. I replaced it. Installed OSX10.6. Then using the system software I reinstalled data from my Time Machine backup. On completion it asked for my password. It is not accepted. I am locked out how I

I had to replace the hard drive in my old MacBook. I replaced it. Installed OSX10.6. Then using the system software I reinstalled data from my Time Machine backup. On completion it asked for my password. It is not accepted. I am locked out how I overcome this?
    I was already using 10.7. But only had the disc for 10.6.

Sorry I am new to this. Am I in the right area? I am using my iPhone to make contact. I am worried.

• [Solved] Move Software RAID 5 Array From NAS To Arch

Edit: I probably never had a problem at all, the error in dmesg probably just scared me, because after I disconnected it I noticed that /dev/d127 was 8.1 TB, the exact size of my RAID array node in my NAS which was /dev/md0, I just overlooked it. I reconnected it to my pc and mounted /dev/md127 to /mnt/raid and got this wonderful sight!
    [bran@ra ~]$ ls /mnt/raid
    data lost+found meta sys
    [bran@ra ~]$ ls /mnt/raid/data/
    data ftproot module _NAS_Media _NAS_Piczza_ _NAS_Recycle_RAID _P2P_DownLoad_ stackable _SYS_TMP TV USBHDD
    download htdocs Movies _NAS_NFS_Exports_ NAS_Public nzbget-downloads PLEX_CONFIG sys tmp USBCopy
    I bought a Thecus N4520 a few months ago and it's ok but programs crash a lot and they're hard to debug, apps have to be updated manually and the whole thing is moderately underpowered. I'm trying to move the software RAID 5 array from the NAS to my desktop, the kernel seems to detect that there is a RAID array but all these drives aren't part of it. I'm pretty new to RAID and I'm just getting my feet wet with it.
    When I try to assemble the RAID array, it just tells me that it isn't an md array. How can I get it to build my array?
    [bran@ra ~]$ sudo mdadm --assemble /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd /dev/sde
    mdadm: device /dev/sdb exists but is not an md array.
    Found this little chunk of info in dmesg, it says that the md devices have unknown partition tables.
    [ 3.262225] md: raid1 personality registered for level 1
    [ 3.262483] iTCO_wdt: Intel TCO WatchDog Timer Driver v1.10
    [ 3.262508] iTCO_wdt: Found a Patsburg TCO device (Version=2, TCOBASE=0x0460)
    [ 3.262585] iTCO_wdt: initialized. heartbeat=30 sec (nowayout=0)
    [ 3.262933] md/raid1:md126: active with 4 out of 4 mirrors
    [ 3.262961] md126: detected capacity change from 0 to 536850432
    [ 3.263272] RAID1 conf printout:
    [ 3.263274] --- wd:4 rd:4
    [ 3.263276] disk 0, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdc3
    [ 3.263276] disk 1, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdb3
    [ 3.263277] disk 2, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdd3
    [ 3.263278] disk 3, wo:0, o:1, dev:sde3
    [ 3.263501] md: bind<sde4>
    [ 3.264810] md: bind<sdb2>
    [ 3.268262] async_tx: api initialized (async)
    [ 3.272632] md: raid6 personality registered for level 6
    [ 3.272636] md: raid5 personality registered for level 5
    [ 3.272637] md: raid4 personality registered for level 4
    [ 3.272905] md/raid:md127: device sdb2 operational as raid disk 1
    [ 3.272908] md/raid:md127: device sde2 operational as raid disk 3
    [ 3.272910] md/raid:md127: device sdd2 operational as raid disk 2
    [ 3.272911] md/raid:md127: device sdc2 operational as raid disk 0
    [ 3.273211] md/raid:md127: allocated 0kB
    [ 3.273241] md/raid:md127: raid level 5 active with 4 out of 4 devices, algorithm 2
    [ 3.273243] RAID conf printout:
    [ 3.273244] --- level:5 rd:4 wd:4
    [ 3.273245] disk 0, o:1, dev:sdc2
    [ 3.273246] disk 1, o:1, dev:sdb2
    [ 3.273247] disk 2, o:1, dev:sdd2
    [ 3.273248] disk 3, o:1, dev:sde2
    [ 3.273273] md127: detected capacity change from 0 to 8929230716928
    [ 3.273322] RAID conf printout:
    [ 3.273326] --- level:5 rd:4 wd:4
    [ 3.273329] disk 0, o:1, dev:sdc2
    [ 3.273331] disk 1, o:1, dev:sdb2
    [ 3.273332] disk 2, o:1, dev:sdd2
    [ 3.273360] disk 3, o:1, dev:sde2
    [ 3.283617] md126: unknown partition table
    [ 3.309239] md127: unknown partition table
    [ 3.312660] md: bind<sdb4>
    [ 3.318291] md/raid1:md124: not clean -- starting background reconstruction
    [ 3.318296] md/raid1:md124: active with 4 out of 4 mirrors
    [ 3.318333] md124: detected capacity change from 0 to 10736291840
    [ 3.318385] RAID1 conf printout:
    [ 3.318391] --- wd:4 rd:4
    [ 3.318395] disk 0, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdc4
    [ 3.318398] disk 1, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdb4
    [ 3.318402] disk 2, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdd4
    [ 3.318405] disk 3, wo:0, o:1, dev:sde4
    [ 3.319890] md124: unknown partition table
    [ 3.323462] md: bind<sde1>
    [ 3.338094] md/raid1:md125: active with 4 out of 4 mirrors
    [ 3.338225] md125: detected capacity change from 0 to 2146414592
    [ 3.338253] RAID1 conf printout:
    [ 3.338258] --- wd:4 rd:4
    [ 3.338262] disk 0, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdc1
    [ 3.338266] disk 1, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdb1
    [ 3.338268] disk 2, wo:0, o:1, dev:sdd1
    [ 3.338271] disk 3, wo:0, o:1, dev:sde1
    Here's my full dmesg
    mdadm.conf
    # The designation "partitions" will scan all partitions found in /proc/partitions
    DEVICE partitions
    ARRAY /dev/md127 metadata=1.2 name=(none):0 UUID=d1d14afc:23490940:a0f7f996:d7b87dfb
    ARRAY /dev/md126 metadata=1.2 name=(none):50 UUID=d43d5dd6:9446766e:1a7486f4:b811e16d
    ARRAY /dev/md125 metadata=1.2 name=(none):10 UUID=f502437a:d27d335a:d11578d5:6e119d58
    ARRAY /dev/md124 metadata=1.2 name=(none):70 UUID=ea980643:5c1b79e8:64f1b4cb:2462799b
    Last edited by brando56894 (2014-04-21 22:51:01)

Sorry I numbered them to show the flow of information, this was also just a place for me to store info as I worked through it. I managed to get it to work by creating a partition that takes up the whole drive and is actually 22 GB larger than all the other drives (since I found out that the had root, swap and home partitions that are no longer needed).
    I should be able to resize the other partitions without a problem, correct? They're EXT4. Should I unmount the raid array and do them individually, remount the array, let it sync and do the next? Or just unmount the array, resize all of them, mount it and let it sync?

• How can I monitor my monthly data usage for all 3 computers in my house? I have an Airport base station and it seems there should be software to monitor it from that point rather than monitoring the usage for each computer and then adding it up.

How can I monitor my monthly data usage for all 3 computers in my house? I have an Airport base station and it seems there should be software to monitor it from that point rather than monitoring the usage for each computer and then adding it up.

The following example was one of dozens that showed up on a simple Google search of.....
    monitor Internet data use on a Mac
    Watch your Internet usage with NetUse Monitor | Macworld
    Most service providers have an application for their users as well.

• Just reinstalled software and migrated data from Time Machine, now iMac does not recognize printer or camera

Under the direction of Apple Support, I recently erased my iMac (Intel) hard drive, reinstalled and updated software and migrated data from an external hard drive via Time Machine.
    Now, after clicking on "PRINT", the print dialog box says "printing" then says "no pages found", and finally says "stopped"; and when I plug in my camera to download photos, the camera is not recognized.  Both printer and camera are connected via USB.
    I checked connections, verified printing and iPhoto preferences, turned printer off then on again, unplugged and replugged USB connections, and checked and followed directions in the Help menu.

Thanks very much, I'd just tried rkaufmann87's suggestion and entered "This solved my question" when your suggestion popped up—you deserve a "This solved my question" too, though I saw only an option for "This helped me".
    Before I got rkaufmann87's suggestion, I repaired disk permissions and that resolved the camera problem.  Both of you nailed the solution.
    Thanks again!

• Ive just signed up for the adobe photoshop pack, i use a mac, when i click download, nothing is happening..  Am I doing something wrong?? When I try and open the software I already had from trial it says its expired,  or i need to use a serial number... H

Ive just signed up for the adobe photoshop pack, i use a mac, when i click download, nothing is happening..  Am I doing something wrong?? When I try and open the software I already had from trial it says its expired,  or i need to use a serial number... HELP Anyone else experienced this?

If there is an option to "license this software", and it takes you to a sign-in page with username and password (not a serial number) - then just go ahead and sign in.
    If it insists on a serial number you need to uninstall the trial. Then try to download again.

• I tried to open Photoshop Elements 11. I got a message that components of the application are missing and that I needed to reinstall Photoshop Elements. I purchased the software by downloading it from Adobe so how can I reinstall it?

I tried to open Photoshop Elements 11. I got a message that components of the application are missing and that I needed to reinstall Photoshop Elements. I purchased the software by downloading it from Adobe so how can I reinstall it?

Are you launching Pages from an icon in your Dock? Installing the update does not change the Dock icons & it does not remove the older versions. Go to your Applications folder & launch the new Pages from there.

• How do I replicate my software and data my from current Mac desktop to my new Mac laptop?

How do I replicate my software and data my from current Mac desktop to my new Mac laptop?

Connect the two with a Firewire cable: Transferring files between two computers using FireWire. Boot the old computer into Target Disk Mode. Start the new computer normally which should take you to the Setup Assistant if this is the first time you've started it. Use the option in Setup Assistant to transfer data from the old computer.
    If this is not the first time you've started the new computer then use Migration Assistant in the Utilities folder to transfer your data.
    Migration Assistant tips and tricks
    OS X Lion- How to use Migration Assistant to transfer files from another Mac

• My Premier Pro software that I get from Adobe Cloud subscription, no longer RENDERS.  How can I speak with Tech support to remedy this problem?

My Premier Pro software that I get from Adobe Cloud subscription, no longer RENDERS.  How can I speak with Tech support to remedy this problem?

For several hundred productions, Pr CS6 worked perfectly for me.  Now, for some unknown reason, when I attempt to render video, the render progress window continually shows more and more frames to be processed.  Therefore when I get to 80% rendered it drops back to 70% and increases the total frames in the render.... over and over, so that I never get past 99% rendered... regardless of how long I let it process.

• Is there a free software to remove watermark from a pdf document?

What are the free softwares to remove watermark from a PDF document ?

No. The watermark is placed there by the owner of the document. Contact them. If you are perhaps referring to watermarks that appear on scanned documents, you need to purchase the scanning program to remove those. In as much as your information is pretty sparse that's all I can advise you on.

• Removing Blackberry Desktop Software 5.0.1 from Windows 7 Error Message 1316

When attempting to remove BB Desktop Software 5.0.1 from Windows 7, I received an error towards the end of the uninstall stating "Error 1316, file not found" and it reverts back and reinstalls the product. I no longer have a BB and would like to clean up my hard drive from unnecesary programs. Please help!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!
    Here is a KB that discusses that error:
    Article ID: KB04272 "Error 1316 A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\Windows\Installer\BlackBerry Desktop Software.msi" when trying to uninstall/upgrade BlackBerry Desktop Software
    Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.
    Good luck and let us know!
    Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
    If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
    Join our BBM Channels
    BSCF General Channel
    PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
    Knowledge Base Updates
    PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

• Unable to update software or upload pics from SD card-how do I remove files from startup disk? Please help!

Unable to update software or upload pics from SD card-how do I remove files from startup disk? Please help!

Hello Smile_333
    The article below will assist with finding things and help increase the hard drive space for your computer. The best way is to have an external hard drive to copy things to if you do not want to delete and loose things.
    OS X Mountain Lion: Increase disk space
    http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10677
    Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
    Regards,
    -Norm G.

• Officejet H470 compatibil​ity issues with Windows 7

hi there, i've recently purchased the H470 wireless printer and when i go to set it up, i get a message saying the OS is not compatible with the printer requirements.  I have HP laptop with windows 7 and after doing a bit of research, it sounds like it should work.  anyone have any ideas what I need to do?
    Thanks in advance!
    ~S

Get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Driver" link at the top of this page.
    Make sure that WIndows Update is run (over and over until it has no more).
    Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
    I am employed by HP

• Issues related to Software Product & Component Import from SLD to IR

Hi XI Gurus,
                    Can you please provide me solutions on these:
    1. How can I delete / remove from display some Software Product (top node) from the Integration repository ?
      By mistake I imported all the available software components from SLD while I attempted to import a specific one. Now it built up a big list causing navigation problem and therefore I want to get rid of these newly imported ones. Is there really a way to revert back something imported from SLD?
    2. What need to be done from the SLD / IR side to see a newly created Product in SLD for import to IR. I created one product in SLD but not able to see the same in import list from SLD in IR.
    I'm a new XI developer just started working on a POC project. Please don't mind if these are silly questions.
    Regards,
    Subhadip

Das,
    <i>1. How can I delete / remove from display some Software Product (top node) from the Integration repository ?
    By mistake I imported all the available software components from SLD while I attempted to import a specific one. Now it built up a big list causing navigation problem and therefore I want to get rid of these newly imported ones. Is there really a way to revert back something imported from SLD?</i>
    Solu:
    If you want to delete the software component in IR then delete all the interface mappings, message mappings, message interfaces, message types, data types and then all the namespaces. Then you can delete the software component. For your reference check this weblog on the same:
    /people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/how-to-delete-software-component-from-integration-builder
    Also check this thread for the same:
    how can i delete software component in the IR
    <i>2. What need to be done from the SLD / IR side to see a newly created Product in SLD for import to IR. I created one product in SLD but not able to see the same in import list from SLD in IR.</i>
    You dont need to do anything if you have created all the steps in SLD. Just you have to import it.
    Check this weblog for your reference:
    /people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-i
    ---Satish

Maybe you are looking for

• Is My MacBook Air Battery Dying?

In the past couple of weeks I've been noticing that the battery on my MacBook Air (2011 13", purchased in November 2011) is losing power really fast. Even just while I'm surfing, reading the news on my local newspaper's website, I'll look up at the m

• Change the language of the links

I have, reading instructions on the forum, mananged to change the font, size and colors on the links: "Back to album", "Play slideshow" etc. But I really want to change what it says - change the language of the links. Is this possible?

• How to purchase adobe edge CC

I have tried to purchase Adobe Edge animate CC 2014. But I can't find any site for purchaing? Where can I find it to buy? I have searched single product, Should I buy with cloud membership?

• New entered contacts on ios 7 don't show on phone contacts and on icloud

the new entered contacts on my iphone 4s with ios 7. is not showing  on iphone contacts search  niether on icloud. However, if i dial the phone number corresponding to the new entered contact it shows the name on the phone screen.

• Is this some sort of ATA/IDE Issue??

To get it out of the way here's my entire setup (just in case): Athlon64 3200+ K8N Neo2 Platinum 2x512 Kingston HyperX Maxtor 6L040J2 (system drive; 40gb NTFS ATA-133) Maxtor 5T040H4 (storage drive; 40gb NTFS ATA-100) [brand new] Antec TruePower 480w