[SOLVED] Google Chrome does not work on my T61

SOLVED. THIS HAPPENS BECAUSE OF SYMANTEC ENDPOINT PROTECTION. 
Hello Everyone.
I wonder if anyone can use Google Chrome on T61.
I got my T61 from Hong Kong 5 months ago and I am using Windows Vista SP1 32 Bit Traditional Chinese.
After I installed Google Chrome, it couldn' t connect to any websites. I had tried to uninstall it and even reinstall my computer, but it still doesn't work. The Internet Explorer does work.
Surprisingly, I can connect to different websites using Google Chrome when I use Windows XP on Virtual PC. It seems that it's related to the OS itself. I will try to use Vista on Virtual PC, but I hope that you guys will be able to solve my problem.
Thanks you very much.
Edwin 
Message Edited by Edwin2005HK on 11-17-2008 05:40 PM
Message Edited by Edwin2005HK on 11-17-2008 08:15 PM

It might be helpful to provide some more details such as: will it not install?, will it install and not run?, will it run but give error message?, etc, etc, etc.
Another option may be to use the Google Chrome Help site which has
1. troubleshooter: https://support.google.com/chrome/troubleshooter/3338247?hl=en&ref_topic=3421642
2. other Chrome help: https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Similar Messages

• Google drive does not work with specific group but works with all users group!!

Hi,
    Why Google drive does not work with specific group but works with all users group?
    My rule :  Internal > external > all users = works fine
    But
                   Internal > external > A group = not working !!

Hi,
    if you require user authentication in Firewall policy rules, the clients must bei Webproxy clients (for HTTP / HTTPS) or TMG clients (for TCP/UDP):
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb794762.aspx
    regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de - www.galileocomputing.de/3276?GPP=MarcGrote

• Google search does not work. It does not bring back any results and disables my internet connection until I close the brower, wait, and then open it again.

Google search does not work. It does not bring back any results and disables my internet connection. I have to close the browser, wait, and then open it again. It only seems to happen when I am signed into my Google account. If I am signed out the search functions properly.

Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.<br />
    You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.<br />
    Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.<br /><br />
    *http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    *http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
    *http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
    *http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
    *http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
    *http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
    See also:
    *"Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked

• Google Toolber does not work with Firefox 4

I just downloaded Firefox 4 and Google Toolbar does not work. I removed and re-downloaded it and it still does not work. I can't even uninstall via the wrench. Is there a version of toolbar that works with Firefox 4?

I am having trouble with the Google search bar. The Google tool bar works fine for me.

• Google Chromecast does not work after downloading Blackberry Link

Google Chromecast does not work after downloading Blackberry Link.
    Both don't work in tandom at the same time.
    Some elements of Blackberry Link are interferring with Google Chromecast's detection and casting.
    Please rectify the problem.

Yes they are not compatible. I do not have either program so could not try anything.
    Try running one in a different compatibility mode. 

• Address book to google sync  does not work

I use Google apps as my primary calendar and address book. I have them synced to the Mac OS X ical and address book (to use off line). I have the Mac OS X ical and address book synced to mobile me to update other computers and my iphone.
    The net result is everything matches the Google apps calendar and address book.
    Well, not so fast.
    The calendar does work as expected.
    In the Mac OS X address book, the Google sync option does not sync (you can enter in your user name and password fine, it appears to make connection fine, but it does not sync). The mobile me does sync as expected.
    It is simple, there is not a lot you can do wrong, it just does not work.
    As a work around, I am using Googles over the air sync to iPhone which does work, but that means the mac address book is getting skipped.
    When does the checked Synchronize with Google happen in address book? When you open address book? Why does the option only appear if you have an iPhone? How do I get the address book to google sync to work?
    Any ideas?
    thanks
    bob

Mine actually performs the sync, but after a few rounds of syncing, some contacts get deleted, some get their photos removed, some get duplicated, and some get removed from groups. The sync basically puts my address book through a blender. I'm syncing both with MobileMe and Google. Well, that is I tried to. I've decided not to sync with Google since that's what seems to initiate the mess.

• Icloud control panel sync to chrome does not work

Bookmark sync does not work.
    - Installed icloud control 3.0.
    - installed extension for Chrome "iCloud Bookmarks"
    I get the message "icloud Bookmarks extension for Chrome is required". Keep pressing the button enable but nothing happens.
    Please help !

This helped to know it is one-way and that is why my IPad got nuked.  Is there any software you are aware of that can download or transfer photo albums, not camera rolls or those taken by iphone, toa disc?  there are apps on itunes that I tr5ied but only worked on camera rolls or phtos take with iphone.  I have over 1,000 photos and do not want to make 1,000 emails of redueced size photos that loses original jpg date and data.

• [solved] LibreOffice spellchecker does not work, version 3.4.2

It's kind of a stupid question, but I do not know how I can debug this. The spell checker exits immediately after "Tools/Spelling and Grammar…" though there are incorrect words, "AutoSpellCheck" also underlines nothing. I set language in the status bar to "English", "Russian", "Ukrainian" — none worked. I have "Russian Dictionaries 0.6" and "Ukrainian spelling dictionary and thesaurus 1.6.0" in "Tools/Extension Manager…" (no English dictionary, strange). I have these packages installed:
    $ pacman -Q | grep -E "libreoffice|hunspell|mythes|hyphen"
    hunspell 1.2.15-1
    hunspell-en 7.1-1
    hunspell-ru 0.99g5-4
    hunspell-uk 1.6.1-1
    hyphen 2.7.1-2
    hyphen-en 2.7.1-2
    hyphen-ru 0.1-2
    hyphen-uk 0.1-1
    libmythes 1.2.1-1
    libreoffice-calc 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-common 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-en-GB 3.4.2-1
    libreoffice-extension-ct2n 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-diagram 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-google-docs 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-hunart 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-nlpsolver 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-numbertext 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-oooblogger 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-pdfimport 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-presentation-minimizer 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-presenter-screen 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-report-builder 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-scripting-beanshell 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-scripting-javascript 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-scripting-python 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-typo 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-validator 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-watch-window 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-extension-wiki-publisher 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-gnome 3.4.2-2
    libreoffice-writer 3.4.2-2
    mythes-en 20060306-1
    mythes-ru 0.1-2
    mythes-uk 0.1-2
    I thought that I missed some package due to splitting, then I installed "libreoffice-extensions". I also tried to downgrade to "libreoffice-3.4.1-1" (non-split) (I have no older packages).
    Last edited by beroal (2011-08-20 18:34:32)

Baryon wrote:The only way I could get spellchecking to work was by manually installing a dictionary extension from the OpenOffice extensions site
    Thanks for your reply, but this does not work either.
    I noticed that "Tools/Options/Language Settings/Writing Aids/Available Language Modules" is empty, i.e. libreoffice does not see hunspell.
    $ ls /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.4/program | grep -E "lnth|hyphen|spell"
    libhyphenlx.so
    liblnthlx.so
    libspelllx.so
    $ ls -d /usr/lib/*spell*
    /usr/lib/aspell        /usr/lib/libaspell.so.15      /usr/lib/libgtkspell.so        /usr/lib/libhunspell-1.2.so        /usr/lib/libpspell.so
    /usr/lib/aspell-0.60   /usr/lib/libaspell.so.15.1.5  /usr/lib/libgtkspell.so.0        /usr/lib/libhunspell-1.2.so.0      /usr/lib/libpspell.so.15
    /usr/lib/libaspell.so  /usr/lib/libgtkspell.a         /usr/lib/libgtkspell.so.0.0.0  /usr/lib/libhunspell-1.2.so.0.0.0  /usr/lib/libpspell.so.15.1.5
    $ pacman -Q libreoffice-common
    libreoffice-common 3.4.2-2
    $ pacman -Q libreoffice-writer
    libreoffice-writer 3.4.2-2
    $ pacman -Q hunspell
    hunspell 1.2.15-1
    I deleted ~/.config/.libreoffice .
    Last edited by beroal (2011-08-20 17:58:01)

• Can't search contacts + Google synch does not work

(1) The search field in contacts does not work. I have to go the phone app, find the person in there, then open up the contact from the phone app.(2) I have synched Google contacts with the phone's contacts. Updates to the phone's contacts transfer across sometimes immediately, but sometimes the phone goes for one month without synching. No manual sync is possible. Basically every time I want to sync a single contact for sure onto Google and onto other devices I have delete the account and reload it. Are there solutions to either of these problems?

Refunds from the App Store or iTunes Store

• Yoga 2 Pro: Google Chrome does not open properly

Link to image
    I have a Yoga Thinkpad 13.3 convertible which I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 with no apparent problems. A few days later I tried to open Google Chrome - the screen wouldn't open properly and wouldn't respond. I tried to uninstall the progam and couldn't do that either, or download a new version. A computer technician friend has since managed to get Chrome to uninstall and cleared the registry and downloaded Chrome again but it still isn't working - the screen shot is what it's like at the moment and he is baffled, he's never come across this before. Is there a conflict between Chrome and Windows 8.1?
    If anyone has a solution please explain in simple language I'm not particularly computer literate when it comes to technical speak.
    Moderator note: images totalling more than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

Chrome works fine in 8.1
    Try creating a new user account, then uninstall/reinstall chrome using the offline installer.
    https://support.google.com/installer/answer/126299?hl=en

• Google maps does not work

I have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on my Macbook Pro. No matter which browser I use, Google maps will not render the map detail - instead it just shows the target location with a letter 'A' or whatever, but the background map is just grey with no features. It  makes no difference how long I wait either. I have used the various features in browsers to clear out the 'junk' and have used 'reset safari' when in that browser, Still no joy. I have had the MBP for two years and I expect this simple feature to work as it does on all my Windows PC's and iPhone. I am at my wits end and feel somewhat duped into the Apple world by the triumph of 'form' over function. I want to love my MAC but it aggravates me instead because I spend too much time trying to figure out how to get basic features working when in fact they should work first time without user intervention.
    Has anyone got a 5 minute fix for this ridiculous fault please? I cannot upload a screen grab either because (1) this Apple forum wont allow upload of my screengrabbed jpgs of tiffs, or (2) my MBP wont allow it (despite them being within the expected size limit). Another spectacular own goal by Apple.

Have you tried a PRAM and an SMC reset? They're longshots, but don't take long to try.
    PRAM: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379
    SMC: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964
    Have you run Apple Diagnostics from the disc(s) that shipped with the computer?
    Since the problem occurs in all browsers, it still sounds like a video hardware or video RAM or maybe a software issue having to do with layers and rendering.
    The map layers aren't getting rendered, or if rendered, aren't getting displayed.
    Do you have any browser add-ins? Pop-up blockers?
    Since you have two video chipsets, it's possible that might be related to the issue.
    This non-Apple website talks about switching between chipsets on the various MacBook models so equipped, and points to a free 'donationware' program for the menubar that lets you easily switch between chipsets:
    http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/macbook-pro-unibody-faq/macboo k-pro-unibody-switching-between-graphics-processors.html
    Trying to think of other software that might help pinpoint the problem, does the iPhoto Slideshow 'Shatter' template work? Working properly, it 'shatters' images into several color layers and rotates them in and out to build and deconstruct photos.

• Solved: Quick search does not work with FF4

[https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1WuaaPz4AKtMDk1MDA2ODktN2NlYy00NTg2LWJmOGUtNDI3ODdiYzQzODli&hl=en failed quick search example]
    As you can see from the image above, I have a quick search defined for 'am' which is set as a 'keyword' for an Amazon.com search. When I type the keyword followed by a search term it it displays an error page with a path to some resource in a .jar file.
    Note the save URL does not include a %s. It used the previously document behavior of having any text that followed the keyword appended to the keyword URL.
    When I add the %s to the end of the saved quick search URL, the quick search works correctly. This change confused me for a while until I dug into it and now I need to check and update all of my quick searches. :-(

Hi qzy,
    When you enable anonymous access in SharePoint, did you want the anonymous user have the permission
    to access the site content such as library or just need them to be capable to search? You may need to check your configurations according to the document below based on your requirement.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263363.aspx
    When you enable search for anonymous user for the site collection, is it a team site or publishing
    site? By default team sites are designed for intranet site so search on Team Site with default value will be prompted for
    credentials because “OSSSearchResults.aspx” page is configued to publish results based on “LayoutsPageBaseClass(Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls)” class. The LayoutsPageBase Class Represents an application page (sometimes
    called a "_layouts" page). If you want to do that in team site, you need to remove the “LayoutsPageBase Class(Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls)” from “OSSSearchResults.aspx” page, which is not a recommended way.
    Publising Sites are desinged for internet site so “Search/Results.aspx”
    is configured in a way where it can deliver search results for
    anonymous users. If in your scenario it’s for publishing site, you need to ensure that the content which should appear in the search result is visible for anonymous user. (Follow the “Enable anonymous access for individual lists”
    part in the link above)
    You can also create a search center to see if the user can get search result there. Regarding the
    second issue, you need to check the crawl logs and ULS logs to find the clue.
    For more information, please refer to:
    http://blogs.devhorizon.com/reza/?p=498
    Hope this helps.
    Lu Zou

• [SOLVED] OSCDIMG Tool Does Not Work on Windows 10? ReadFile() fails with error code 87. (The parameter is incorrect) on ReFS Storage Space Mirror

Hello,
    What could be the reason of OSCDIMG premastering tool not working in Windows 10?
    I'm trying to rebuild ISO from the admin setup point and having problems with OSCDIMG failing to read files from the master folder:
    E:\Images>bin\oscdimg.exe -bootdata:2#p0,e,b"D:\ISOFOLDER\boot\etfsboot.com"#pEF,e,b"D:\ISOFOLDER\efi\Microsoft\boot\efisys.bin" -o -h -m -u2 -udfver102 -lwinsetup D:\ISOFOLDER test.iso
    OSCDIMG 2.56 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility
    Copyright (C) Microsoft, 1993-2012. All rights reserved.
    Licensed only for producing Microsoft authorized content.
    Scanning source tree (500 files in 15 directories)
    Scanning source tree complete (950 files in 95 directories)
    Computing directory information complete
    Image file is 3591864320 bytes (before optimization)
    Writing 950 files in 95 directories to test.iso
    0% complete
    ReadFile failed (\\?\E:\Images\ISOFOLDER\autorun.inf, off=0 len=800 status=103)
    Error 87: The parameter is incorrect.
    Thank you.
    Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

Figured it myself.
    For some reason, the tool does NOT support source locations on ReFS formatted drives. Move the D:\ISOFOLDER location to NTFS formatted drive, and the tool works flawless:
    E:\Images>bin\oscdimg.exe -bootdata:2#p0,e,b"D:\ISOFOLDER\boot\etfsboot.com"#pEF,e,b"D:\ISOFOLDER\efi\Microsoft\boot\efisys.bin" -o -h -m -u2 -udfver102 -lwinsetup D:\ISOFOLDER D:\TEMP\test.iso
    OSCDIMG 2.56 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility
    Copyright (C) Microsoft, 1993-2012. All rights reserved.
    Licensed only for producing Microsoft authorized content.
    Scanning source tree (500 files in 15 directories)
    Scanning source tree complete (950 files in 95 directories)
    Computing directory information complete
    Image file is 3591864320 bytes (before optimization)
    Writing 950 files in 95 directories to D:\TEMP\test.iso
    100% complete
    Storage optimization saved 45 files, 16310272 bytes (1% of image)
    After optimization, image file is 3577761792 bytes
    Space saved because of embedding, sparseness or optimization = 16310272
    Done
    Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

• Google AutoFill does not work with FF 4

AutoFill worked perfectly with all versions of FF 3. It will not work with the new FF 4.

I am having trouble with the Google search bar. The Google tool bar works fine for me.

• WHEN i UPDATED TO 4, THE GOOGLE DROPDOWN DOES NOT WORK WHEN I CLICK ON THE ITEM I WANT TO GO TO LIKE IT DID WITH THE OLD VERSION.

I INSTALLED 4 AND NOW WHEN I TYPE IN THE GOOGLE SEARCH AND AN ITEM IN THE DROP DOWN IS CHOSEN, IT DOES NOT GO TO THAT LINK. THE FEW LETTERS I HAVE TYPED IS ALL THAT SHOWS UP IN THE BOX AFTER I CLICK THE ITEM IN THE DROP DOWN.

Can I change back to the older version of Firefox

Maybe you are looking for

• Error while sorting the model node table

hi if(firstTime)                  view.nowCreateAllCustomExtensionFields();            IWDTable tab= (IWDTable)view.getElement("tbl_car");            wdContext.currentContextElement().setCarTableSorter(new TableSorter(tab,wdThis.wdGetCarTableSorterAc

• How can I konw , Which computer name or IP Address make SAP User lock

Dear all, I have one issues about SAP user lock, Now I don't know which computer name or IP Address make user lock. How can I check it or Can you tell me about the table that keep information about the ip address or computer name? I can see the compu

• Run time error when trying to import bookmarks from firefox

When trying to import bookmarks from Firefox to Safari I get the following error message: "Run Time Error. This application has requested the Runtime  to terminate it in an unusual way." Safari does not function anymore and I have to close it. Can so

• Size of production server.......

Hi, I have to create onr production server. There are 40-50 users working on it, so how can i calculate size of production server. Give me requirement of production server Thanks in advance

• Trying to Upgrade Processor, Cannot boot in OS 9 to upgrade firmware

I have a Power Mac G4(Sawtooth), 450 Mhz, 1.25 GB Memorym running Tiger 10.4.11. I just purchased a Sonnet Encore/ST G4 1.8 Ghz processor upgrade. Before you can install the new processor you must reboot in OS 9.2 to upgrade the firmware. I have the