Sound only from 3 of the 6 spekers in T6100

Hello,I just purchased a set of T6100 speakers. I can only get sound from the 2 Front speakers and the base. I have set the computer to 5.1 (no special sound card, just what came with Gateway and IBM) and I have tried it on 4 laptops.
Do I have bad speakers? Is there something else that I need to do. I am unsure of where to plug in the 3 jacks.. the IBM only has one... Green. This is my first (and maybe last) set of more that 2.1. I am going to buy a set of BOSE 2.1 for this computer but I wanted some at least average speakers for the other laptop (so far it is not average). What am I missing?

SQLserverGuy,
You're missing a proper soundcard that can support a 5.1 speaker system. Laptop generally support only stereo devices such as headphone or 2/2.1 speaker system so you need to get a proper soundcard that is capable of supporting 5.1 or more speaker system. You can still use the T6100 speaker with your laptop but you will only be able to get stereo output(like what you're experiencing now).
Jason
Message Edited by Jason-CL on 07-09-2007 12:02 PM

Similar Messages

• Whenever I use the trackpad on my 17" Macbook Pro (2010 model) there is a small, trebly processor sound coming from within the enclosure.

Whenever I use my trackpad, there is a whirring, trebly sound coming from within the computer itself. It happens also when webpages are loaded or programs are compiled, but not when I use the keyboard or when the computer is in disuse. It has become louder over time, and it is obvious that when the computer senses input from the trackpad and must translate it, the sound is produced. Is there any way to reset the firmware or an option on the Settings menu that could perhaps help? I am concerned that it is a symptom of a larger problem. Thanks.

The question mark means the computer cannot find a bootable volumes so can;t do anything, That, combined with annoying sounds, strongly suggests a failed hard drive.
    You can ask a "genius" at an Apple Rtail Store to test it but I'm pretty sure the drive is kaput. I'm hoping you had your data backed up.

• Sound only from left channel

I bout an IPhone 3G for my wife last friday. She complained about the music quality saying that her little cheap MP3 player sounded better. I plugged in the headset and found that there was sound only fro one channel (Left). I plugged my headset from my 3GS and it also only had sound from one channel. Any suggestions?

Try restart, reset, then restore.
    http://manuals.info.apple.com/enUS/iPhone_UserGuide.pdf
    If this doesn't help, you may need to make an appointment at the Genius BAr ( Apple Store). The iphone has a one year warranty.

• Sound only from headphone port

When I play a song, the music comes through the headphone jack port. When I plug in my headphones to my ipod, I only get a little sound through them. Most of the sound comes from the jack port with or without the phones plugged in.
    Is the connection bad in the port for the headphones? Is this a feature to have the music come through the port?
    Thanks.

Reset the iPod or restore. For instructions & other possible solutions read the iPod nano (5th generation) - User Guide.

• I have the earliest version iPad (updated running system) I am trying to use my earbuds. How do I turn off the external audio so the sound only comes through the earbuds?

I am trying to use earbuds with my iPad Earliest version with updated running system. How do I get the sound to only come through the esrbuds and not be audible to everyone around me? Thanks!

That's strange.
    You should inky be getting audio from the headphones.
    Make sure that they are plugged in all the way.
    If they aren't, you will get both audio.
    Turn up the volume on your ipad with the buttons.
    where it shows the bell, it should say Headphones.

• TS1574 Sound only from Left Headphone w/ MacBook Pro

Any external headphone that I use with my 13" Macbook Pro, the sound only comes out of the left headphone. The slider in my System Preferances is in the middle, and the headphones are all the way into the jack. Any ideas?

Often resetting the settings helps.
    Syst.Preference > Sound > Output > External
    Try Reset SMC.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964
    Choose the method for
    "Resetting SMC on portables with a battery you should not remove on your own".
    Best.

• I hear my sound only from ear phone

Why i hear only by earphone the sound of my ipad3

If necessary reset the iPad.
    Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears
    Note: Data will not be affected.

• Send sound only from iPad to Mac mini via Airplay

I just downloaded AirServer on my Mac mini thinking it would be great to send sound from my iPad to the Mac mini via Airplay.
    While the sound works fine, I still find that it would nice if only the sound would be sent to the Mac and the display remains on the iPad.
    My Mac mini is my music system (with no monitor), so I tought I could listen to videos from Youtube on my music system, but then the display needs to remain on the iPad.
    Is there any way I can achieve this?
    Thanks.
    Paul

I found the setting in AirServer allowing me to stream Audio only. Now I just have to wait for the update to fix the audio delay issue I have.

• Exporting sound-only files to the desktop

I extracted the audio and cut down a longer clip, deleting the video to leave only an audio segment behind. Then I tried to drag that audio clip to the desktop to create an AIFF file, but I found, when I opened the clip in itunes, that the sound from the whole clip was present, not just that segment I wanted. What can I do about this problem? I have seen posts mentioning "exporting" the audio to create a compressed file, but I only see an "import" option under the pull-down menu.

You may need QuickTime Pro for this suggestion. Open the aiff file in QT. Here you can trim the audio as required. I forget the exact terminology, but you can move the markers into position so that the segment you want is enclosed within the markers. Then you "Trim to Selection". This will delete the pieces outside the markers.
    You could probably also do this in GarageBand, but I haven't tried this method personally.
    John
    Message was edited by: John Cogdell - added GarageBand comment

• Sound only from Speakers

I have a new mini iPad and I am trying to watch a movie from the headphones but doesn’t work. Sounds still coming only through speakers.
    Headphones are good on other devices and are all the way through.
    Any idea?

Make sure you push jack all the way in.

• My sound only works through the ear phones with some apps....

With some apps (Games and books) I can only get sound on my IPAD 2 though the earphones...this just recently occured. With movies the sound goes through the speakers just fine.  Is there some adjustment I can make so I can hear the games without using the ear phones?

Make sure that you haven't got notifications muted (which will affect most games, but not iPod or Videos apps, nor earphones). Depending on what you've got Settings > General > Use Side Switch To set to, notifications can either be muted by the switch on the right hand side of the iPad, or via the taskbar (the function that the switch isn't performing is on the task bar instead) : double-click the home button to bring up the task bar, slide the bar to the right, and it's the icon far left. There is more info about the switch and the task bar and the mute/rotation lock functions here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4085

• Alsa upgrade: sound only from one app [Solved]

Hello,
    after upgrade to alsa 1.0.21 only one application can play sound. E.g. if MPD (using ALSA output) plays then any ather application (mplayer for example) cannot. Here's mplayer output:
    [AO OSS] audio_setup: Can't open audio device /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
    [AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: conf.c:4626:(snd_config_expand) Expand error (walk): File exists
    [AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm_hw.c:1325:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p failed: Device or resource busy
    [AO_ALSA] Playback open error: Device or resource busy
    [JACK] cannot open server
    [AO SDL] Samplerate: 44100Hz Channels: Stereo Format s16le
    [AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: conf.c:4626:(snd_config_expand) Expand error (walk): File exists
    [AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm_hw.c:1325:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p failed: Device or resource busy
    I've downloaded and compiled older alsa-{lib,utils} 1.0.20 from ABS. Now's everything fine.
    Last edited by cinan (2009-09-10 12:15:52)

I had a similar issue with MPD blocking sound on ac97. Commenting out optional decelerations under audio_output in /etc/mpd.conf fixed it.
    /etc/mpd.conf wrote:audio_output {
            type            "alsa"
            name            "My ALSA Device"
            #device         "hw:0,0"        # optional
            #format         "44100:16:2"    # optional
            #mixer_device   "default"       # optional
            mixer_control   "PCM"           # optional
            #mixer_index    "0"             # optional

• Airport Express: Sound only from left channel

I've got an Airport Express which used to work fine, but at some point in the past few months, I noticed that there was no audio coming from my right speaker when using Airtunes. I've check the cable and it does transmit both left and right when I hook my iPod up to it.
    I've also got the low volume problem going on in the left channel that's working. And ideas?

I took the AirPort Express to the Apple Store and it turned out that it was a physcial problem with the hardware. It had to be replaced.

• Audio only from vid: The Secret?

I want to play and burn the audio off of a video I DL from the store. What is the secret?

Thanks to both of you. I will investigate and let you know.
    I was trying to avoid DL an audio iTune of a free vid last night. I like the tune. I humbly confess that it was the new Mayer tune, "Say." Nothing, nothing, is ever free now, is it? I bought the tune today.
    BUt I do have others I wish to perform magic, so I need this tool anyway.
    Kind regards,
    M.

• Earphones in and sound comes from both the earphones and the computer speakers

I have a Satellite A665-S6086, part number PSAWOU-02N033, operating Windows 7, 64 bit. I used earphones for the first time recently and was disappointed that sound still came out of the computer's speakers. I thought the internal speakers would "mute" when earphones were plugged in. I read an earlier post of a similar problem and you asked is there was a Realtec Sound Manager. I do have Realtec but I find nothing labeled a "manager." Any help you can give will be appreciated.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Go to Start/Control Panel/Realtek HD Audio Manager. Look in the upper right hand corner of the Realtek window for a very small yellow folder icon.  Click on that and make sure the box there is checked that says "Enable popup dialog when device has been plugged in".
    Plug in your headphones now and a small window will open with a box labeled "Headphones". Put a check in that box, and click OK.  The audio now will be confined to your headphones.
    C.B.
    C.B.
    Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit--Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 HP SP1 64 Bit and Win 10 PRO Technical Preview--Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit

Maybe you are looking for

• Report performance - PL/SQL vs SQL type

Hello, Is it possible that report built as PL/SQL function returning SQL query is slower (much more) than common SQL report? I've got a view, that I read data from. When I use SQL query report with variables in :PX_NAME format, it takes about 5 secon

• Null returned from request.getSession( true )

It is my understanding that when you call getSession on an instance of           HttpServletRequest with a parameter of true, it should return the existing           session (if there is one) or a new session. It should never return null.           U

• Can I have multiple iTunes accounts for the same Ipod?

Can I have multiple iTunes accounts for the same Ipod? What I mean is can I use multiple iTunes accounts through the same iPod for buying stuff?

• Removing leading spaces in a decimal number

I have a decimal number field of length 28 with 9 spaces.I have to print it right justified and remove the leading spaces.I appreciate if anyone can let me the statement for this

• Need an answer jsp asap...

I want to make several jsp:include in one jsp-file with generated variables, not the ones sent to the file containing the include statement. It works for every include except the first one. Why? What can I do? Ref: http://technet.oracle.com:89/ubb/Fo