Source for Same GL Account(SKA1) used in multiple Chart Of Accounts(T004)

If Same GL Account is used in multiple Chart Of Accounts. Does SAP Source it from a single GL Account source or it creates a completely new records for the GL Accounts in all the Chart Of Accounts independently. Lets take for an example Accounts Receivable GL Account if this is used for many Chart Of Accounts does the GL Account for Accounts Receivable has the master record and all the Chart Of Accounts use the same GL Account master record for that Accounts Receivable Account.

1) So Inorder to find one GLAccount I need to know the Chart Of Accounts of that GL account I am looking for as same GL Account number with same name can exist in different Chart Of Accounts.
2) You referrred GL Code. Is that synonym for GL Account Number.
   I am little stuck with the name
   what is the difference between General Ledger(Is that nothing but a Chart Of Accounts) and General Ledger Account.
   GL Account in SKA1 as it seems like  "GL Account for Chart Of Accounts" instead of "GL Account" as every GL Account   has to be accompanied by Chart Of Accounts.
Example: If I say "Accounts Receivable "  as GL Account I dont know whether that is in Chart Of Accounts1 or Chart Of Accounts2

Similar Messages

• HT201209 can the same gift card be used with a differencet itunes account?

can the same gift card be used with a differencet itunes account?

No, a gift card can only be redeemed onto one account - it can then only be used to buy items for that account (it can't be used to gift content to another account).

• Report using Alternate/Country Chart of Accounts

How can I write a report (in report painter/report writer) using accounts from an alternate/country chart of accounts?    I cannot see "Chart of Accounts" as a selection characteristics in the report libray.
    thank you,
    Lanny

Hi,
    when working with Report Painter / Report Writer, the first question is which is the summary table of the library you want to create your report in?
    If this is an FI-SL summary table (something beginning usually with ZZ ending with T), then  most probably you only have a chance if that field (i.e, the alternative account number) is one of the characteristics in your ZZ*T summary table. If it is not, you have to write a custom ABAP report based on the summary table, and read the alternative account from the master record. The same is the case if your library is based on table GLT0 (GL balances table in the "classic" GL - NOT newGL).
    Hope that helps, points welcome
    Csaba

• G/L account  is not defined in chart of accounts

Hello Experts,
    Can someone solve my problem. I have created an expense account in my Chart of Account (FSP0) and the same COA is assigned to my Co.Cd in OBY6. When I tried to post to this G/L account ( FB60 - Vendor Invoice posting ),  I got the following error.
    G/L account  is not defined in chart of accounts INT
    Message no. F5507
    Diagnosis
    The general master data of the G/L account  is not maintained in the chart of accounts
    INT.
    System Response
    Error.
    Procedure
    Please correct your entry or create the master record.
    I am not sure if I am missing anything.  Is there anyway to extend the G/L account that is created in COA to company code level apart from assigning the COA to company code in OBY6.
    Any help will be duly rewarded and appreciated.
    Regards,
    Sriram

Hi,
    A single chart of accounts can be used by multiple company codes.
    If I have 20 company codes using the same chart of accounts in the system for which i need to create GL accounts. Instead of creating the GL accounts for 20 company codes individually  at COA level and Company code level, I can create at company code level only. The COA level will remain similar/constant for all the company codes.
    Hope Im clear
    Thanks
    Aravind
    <b>Assihn points if useful</b>

• G/L account is not define in chart of account F5507 error in MIRO

Hi,
      While doing MIRO as soon as We enter the PO number system gives the error message F5507 G/L account is not define in chart of account F5507,  I have check the G/L account in FS00 it isproperly mainatin also in COCD data Chart of account , controlling area, FM area are propley maiantain also message setting chekc in In OBMSG and OBA5  for application area F5 message 507  it not present in that but still I am getting this error in production server only.  in development I have with same material and G/L; account  but in development there is no problem system is not giving any error message in development.
      What can be the problem.
    regards,
    zafar

HI,
    AS you check G/L is there in in chart of account .Which vendor you created the purchase order?  Go to vendor master (XK03)  for which you created PO&  check RECONSILIATION ACCOUNT. Now check the RECONSILIATION ACCOUNT (FS00) is there or not in chart of account
    Regards,
    Biju K

• Error depreciation run "GL account 2999999 not created in chart of account"

Dear all,
    I am facing a very confusing error message. My customer has been live with SAP for over 2 years, and everything has worked fine. This month period 9)  they got an unexpected error message during ordinary depreciation run. No depreciation is posted on GL accounts but if you look at asset values in AW01N you can see depreciation is posted on every asset. When I try to run restart depreciation in test mode I get an error message f5507 "GL account 2999999 not created in chart of accounts CASE". I do not understand anything. Why would this account suddenly after 2 years be used in depreciation run? It has never been created or ever used before? I have looked in transaction AO90 and the account is not there.
    Very thankful for any help!
    Thanks in advance!
    Regards, Åsa

Hi,
    1 - Execute dep test run with list asset check box, then find is there any new assets created with new asset class
    2 - Check in AO90 Dep folder
    3 - Check retained earning account either existing or not (T.Code: OB53)
    4 - If you are using document splliting Check Docuemnt splliting Zero balance GL account
    Regards
    Viswa

• In MIRO G/L account is not defined in Chart of accounts

HI Experts,
              when i am doing MIRO G/L account is not defined in Chart of accounts,HOW can i solve this problem pls suggest me.
    regards
    ramakrishna kakarala

Hi,
    What is the error you are getting?
    For automatic account determination,you have to  Configure followings:
    1.OMSK: Valuation Class with Account catagory reference,
    2.OMWM: Active Valuation Grouping Code,
    3.OMWN: Active Movement type with G/L account,
    4.OMWD: Active Valuation Area,
    5.OMWB: Active Chart of account,Valuation Grouping Code,Account Grouping Code,Valuation Class and G/L acocounts
    For your problems follow the steps
    1.Go To T.Code: OMWB,
    2.Enter your Chart of account,
    3.See  Transaction key( your are getting error and click it) and assign G/L accounts.
    Or One steps futher
    4.Click Your Account Modifier , system will take you to next screen and then enter valuation modiofier, account modifier,Valuation Class,Debit G/L account and Credit G/L Account and Save.
    Hope this will helpful then reward and close it.
    Regards,
    Biju K

• G/L account dose not exists in chart of account

Hi every one
    I have problem in MIRO.
    My goods receipt is successfully done.But while doing miro system gives error message that
    " G/L account dose not exists in chart of account ."
    error is not descriptive .... how would i know which G/L account system is asking for . so that i can check in FS00.
    if i have to create new G/L account then where to assigne this G/L account. so that it will automatically determine  G/L account.
    if it need to check with posting keys , account keys then which  keys i have to look for???......

Hi
    Please check you company code - controlling area - chart of accounts linkage. I hope it is not there.
    Please check in FS03 - information in company code tab - whether company code and chart of accounts data exists or not. If not check with FI consultant for above link. Tcodes OX06 and OX19.
    Thanks
    Edited by: Praveen Raghavendra on Jan 8, 2009 2:16 PM

• No P4040L statement account type is defined in chart of accounts 4040

Hello,
    I have maintained account group P & L in SPRO>Financial Accounting>General Ledger accounting>Preparation>Defined Account Group.
    When trying to create G/L account FS00 it throws error message
    No P4040L statement account type is defined in chart of accounts 4040
    Saying "No P&L statement account type is defined in  chart of accounts 4040"
    Procedure  Define a P&L statement account type in chart of accounts 4040
    When I have given account group with chart of accounts 4040 why still I am getting this error? Once I deleted entry & added P & L in Chart of accounts 4040.
    Experts, Please advise solution.
    Thanks

hi,
    Step.1 : Create Chart of Accounts - in your case you had created
    Step 2: Goto T.Code OB53, it will ask for the Chart of Accounts enter the chart of accounts you had created.
    Step 3: Once you entered the transaction, there will be two columns  PL Statmt acct type and Account  enter x in the first column and leave the account column blank.
    Step 4: Try to create the GL account you can able to create.
    If you are trying to do the configuration first time, you will face this problem, it is a basic issues when we start learning FICO.
    thanks and regards
    Praveen.J

• MR11 received error FH004 "Account does not exist in chart of account"

after apply supportpack upgrades from SAPKH46C08 to SAPKH46C53, MR11 list contain line items that were cleared before the upgrade.  I've also used FBL5N and status now says open.  When I try to clear GR/IR with MR11, it errors out with message FH 004 "Account does not exist in chart of account..."  I even tried to search OSS notes, none are found.  Anyone have a similar problem but fixed? if so, how was it fixed?  thank you.

working with transaction MR11.  Problem came from OLD Open Items that were transferred from an old system (not SAP R/3).  It only applies to "Invoice Surplus".  The Old Open items were cleared before the 4.6C support pack upgrade from SAPKH46C08 to SAPKH46C53.  I am not sure (1) why these become "open" again  (2) why when using MR11, I received "Account does not exist in chart of accounts..." error message code: FH004. (3) this does not apply to newer open items.  Newer items posted fine without errors.  Any ideas?  thank you.

• Error G/L Account is not defined in Chart of Account INT

Hi,
    I have create a company code by doing copy of SG01 in transaction EC01.
    I have also create a vendor under the newly created company code. When i try to do a testing in FB60 transaction it prompt me an error : G/L Account is not defined in Chart of Account INT.
    Did i miss out anything? How to resolve this issue?
    Best Regards,
    Rayden

Hi Supriya,
    I have check the T-Code FSP0. It display as follow. it seem that the Chart of Account INT is there.
    [FSP0 Screenshot|http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/evil_lord81/Untitled-1.jpg]
    Regards,
    Rayden
    Edited by: Rayden on Feb 25, 2008 3:05 PM
    Edited by: Rayden on Feb 25, 2008 3:06 PM

• Account Determination group code and Chart of account code..?

Dear Expertise,
    In purchase order item level in account assignment section node we can add G/L Account determination group. ..
    G/L account BO are saved against Chart of account code. G/L account determination group not available in this GENERALLedgerAccount.XBO
    G/l account determination group and chart of account code relationship configured under Account determination in business configuration.
    our requirement is need to check amount posted against  G/L account determination group..
    But in PDI we are not able to find any 1:1 relationship between Account determination group and chart of account code in any of the BO..
    Please help me find  Account Determination group code with respect to chart of account code..
    Thanks
    Naveen Kumar

Dear Andrew,
    Yes you are right.. But as a PDI developer through business object how can i import those business config section.. Is there any BO holds all these configuration..
    Please share information.. any kind of response is appreciable.
    Thanks
    naveen

• Good source for learning - SQL Stored Proceedures using Dreamweaver

I am looking for a good source for learning how to integrate
    Stored
    Proceedures using Dreamweaver?
    Is there a book or something online?
    Thanks

Hey Lee,
    You find yourself in that position, I find myself in that
    position, every
    damn developer/programer in the world find themselves in that
    position. It
    may be on different levels, but everyones in the same boat.
    Here is my suggestion. Take the existing knowledge you have,
    pick a
    technology that is a bit more futureproof (if the one you
    have is getting
    outdated) and one that isn't too far removed from the one you
    know and put
    it all into that one area.
    Databases are really important if you want to be a decent web
    developer. If
    you're serious and want to be good then devote time to a
    particular database
    and get to know it well. I would suggest SQL Server. You
    don't have to be
    DBA standard but get as much knowledge on it as you can.
    Never underestimate
    your required knowledge of databases.
    Set yourself goals. Say to yourself "In 6 months I want to be
    a proficient
    developer in this language" and go for it. Don't get
    side-tracked into
    something else just keep focused on one area and get good at
    it. Yes, that
    language will become outdated in time but you will be all the
    more ready to
    take on the next because of your past experiences.
    I try to look at it like this; It is better to a master of
    one technology
    and know enough to get by in others than a Jack of all
    technologies but a
    master of none.
    Pat.
    "lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks Pat...I only looked at it briefly but it looks
    like what I needed.
    >
    > The biggest problem that I have is that I don't have
    enough time to look
    > into some of this stuff...
    >
    > Over the years, I've gotten to a certain level of
    proficiency in certain
    > things, I can do quite a bit but there always seems to
    be yet another
    > technology to master as the Old Ways go away.
    >
    > To be honest, I really just want to be an artist with
    some programming
    > skills but the nature of this position demands that I
    "learn It all."
    >
    > Meanwhile, all those other skills have to be put
    asside...I really should
    > master flash...I really should work on my illustration
    skills...I really
    > should master CSS. I really should master...I don't
    know, name it. And if
    > I really wanted to abandon my ...LIFE...I could,
    perhaps, figure it all
    > out.
    >
    > What is so tiring is that my skill set is stretched SO
    f-ing thin that I
    > can never, possibly catch up. The only cure is time but
    often even that
    > goes against me.
    >
    > Anyways, thanks for the link. I'll probably be back
    later with questions.
    >
    > Thanks Pat.
    >
    > If anyone else finds a good source, let me know.
    >
    >

• Multiple Chart of Accounts for one holding company.

Hey,
    I recently encountered a scenario where a Holding Company will have several companies under 5 different sectors under it. If we call the holding company 'ABC', all the other companies under the ABC company will be segregated to 6 main sectors which spread across, leisure, Retails, Sales, Healthcare, etc.
    If I was to implement Hyperion Planning for the above scenario, what would be the best approach?
    What I think would be feasible is to;
    Create 5 Chart of Accounts for the 5 different sectors under which the companies would be allocated to, and map all these 5 Chart of Accounts to a Chart of Accounts of the holding company (ABC Company) using Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management and the Hyperion Data Quality Management Adapter.
    Would you agree this to be correct?
    Appreciate your thoughts and any experience anyone may have with such an implementation.

Hi,
         Do what ruju posted,except:-
          Assign alternate chart of accounts to your company code.
          This has to be the last step since you are doing it retroactivly(because of b) ). Once the assignment is made:-
                      a) Assignment   Account to Alt.Account   has to be 1:1
                      b)  The alt.account can not be changed/entered once the account has been posted to.
    Once you are productive,depending on your system design either make the alt.Account a required field or create a validation to give the same effect.This is to avoid the situation where you are constantly unassigning/assigning the country COA because the entry was forgotten.
    Kind regards

• How to use my own chart of accounts

Good afternoon,
    I installed EBS 11i on WinXP a month ago for learning purpose
    and never learned it before, so I am very new.
    I got problem using my chart of account to create new journal.
    That I did :
    1. using VIS data, login as user operations
    setup flexfields key : segment (Company, Division, Account), values, chart of accounts
    setup calendars,periods,books
    example : Set of Books = BOOK1
    Chart of Accounts = COA1
    2. using VIS data, login as user SYSDAMIN
    setup new user = USER1 assign rolle : general ledger super user
    Then Login as USER1, tied to create new journal,
    than the windows show up automatically the account,
    It was chart of account with seqment company,department, account, sub-account, product.
    Actually that I wanted was to create journal using my chart of accounts with segment company, division and account.
    I thing it's about the responsible "general ledger super user" that I assign to USER1,
    my question how to make autorized so USER1 can used BOOK1 or my Chart of Account COA1,
    Is it something to do with responsible ?
    if Yes, what is the step / procedure to define responsible ? should we define data group or ...???
    Thank you very much guru

try to repost under Financials
    you may get more help there
    fadi
    http://oracle-magic.blogspot.com

Maybe you are looking for

• I am quite fed up with Apple and my iMac - multiple issues

I've been a Windows user for years. I've suffered through all of the ups and downs of Windows over the years, mostly the downs. I have three Windows 7 computers, and quite frankly, both have performed quite beautifully, albeit without the polish of t

• Unable to view a saved pdf in a folder

I saved a pdf from Safari into a folder. But when I open that folder to read the file, I cannot see it. I thought it did not save properly, so I went to the Website and downloaded it again to save int he same folder. But then, I see that file saved a

• Impdp hangs at definig state

Hi Gurus, I am trying to do full import for APPS R12.1.1 db 11202, but it hangs at defining state for more than 72 hrs, v$session_wait and v$session_longops show 100% done for worker. There is no error in alert log. Please help.

• Help w/Word

I created a Word document on my Mac. Two problems: 1) I can't attach the document in e-mail (neither mac or yahoo account will let me). Instead I transfer the document t/a memory stick to my old PC and send it that way. 2) When I open the document on

• Flash won't run, says its not loaded, when its embedded on samsung tablet and Windows 8.

On samsung tablet 500T windows 8 flash is embedded.  It says when I try to run flash that it is not loaded.  I followed all of the help and made sure all of the settings are correct.  It still will not run.  The only error is that it is NOT LOADED to