SSD performance in the future with the T500

SSDs apparently perform slower as they are filled up and blocks are rewritten. Here is an article on it.
Will there be a firmware update to solve the problem on the T500's (2081-CTO) SSD?
Will firmware updates require wiping the data on the drive?
Lenovo shipped my Vista OS with automatic defrag, superfetch and prefetch enabled. Bad Lenovo! They should all be turned off for an SSD.

Hi olddoc, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!
This is a very interesting question.
As I understand it, Windows 7 will be the first version of Windows which has optimizations specifically for SSD's.
The Trim operation mitigates the performance problem you mention. For it to work you obviously need Windows 7, and an SSD which supports Trim. 
Some SSD manufacturers have made it clear their drive firmware will be updated to support Trim (e.g. Intel), some take their own approach to mitigating the problem, and some have not yet said what their approach will be.
Windows 7 detects SSD's and automatically chooses the right settings for SSD operation (defrag, superfetch, prefetch, readyboost, etc.).
As SSD prices fall and Windows 7 releases this is going to be of interest to more Community members...
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!

Similar Messages

• Perform as pdf form with the ability to insert pictures

How to perform as pdf form. with the ability to insert pictures?

You want your users to be able to insert images into a PDF form? That is only possible if they're either using Acrobat, or if they're using the latest version of Reader (XI) and the image is in PDF format.

• Will AIR has any problems in the future with Android?

Will AIR has any problems in the future with Android?
    If we are experienced in flash, is it better to do the mobile work with AIR or HTML5?
    But we are doing flash only so that we may face problems if we faced any bugs, is it expected to have any bugs or complexities, we can do flash with AS3 and we will depend on flash in publishing

Do you mean you dropped the iPad Air?  Is it working properly?  Is the screen damaged?
    If it is working properly and has no signs of damage, it is probably ok.

• An error was encountered performing the requested operation:  Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor    Vendor code 12505

From sql developer I am trying to connect to database in my local machine. It shows the following below error. Any suggestions?
    An error was encountered performing the requested operation:
    Listener refused the connection with the following error:
    ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor
    Vendor code 12505

lsnrctl results are as shown below
    C:\Users\ndodd_000>lsnrctl status
    LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 18-AUG-2013 17:40
    :25
    Copyright (c) 1991, 2010, Oracle.  All rights reserved.
    Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1521)))
    STATUS of the LISTENER
    Alias                     LISTENER
    Version                   TNSLSNR for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Produ
    ction
    Start Date                18-AUG-2013 15:29:41
    Uptime                    0 days 2 hr. 10 min. 50 sec
    Trace Level               off
    Security                  ON: Local OS Authentication
    SNMP                      OFF
    Listener Parameter File   C:\app\ndodd_000\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\network\admin
    \listener.ora
    Listener Log File         c:\app\ndodd_000\diag\tnslsnr\Vamsi\listener\alert\log
    .xml
    Listening Endpoints Summary...
      (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1521ipc)))
      (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521)))
    Services Summary...
    Service "CLRExtProc" has 1 instance(s).
      Instance "CLRExtProc", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
    Service "sysdba" has 1 instance(s).
      Instance "sysdba", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
    Service "sysdbaXDB" has 1 instance(s).
    The command completed successfully
    lsnrctl service results
    LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 18-AUG-2013 17:
    :20
    Copyright (c) 1991, 2010, Oracle.  All rights reserved.
    Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1521)))
    Services Summary...
    Service "CLRExtProc" has 1 instance(s).
      Instance "CLRExtProc", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
        Handler(s):
          "DEDICATED" established:0 refused:0
             LOCAL SERVER
    Service "sysdba" has 1 instance(s).
        Handler(s):
          "DEDICATED" established:186 refused:0 state:ready
             LOCAL SERVER
    Service "sysdbaXDB" has 1 instance(s).
        Handler(s):
          "D000" established:0 refused:0 current:0 max:1022 state:ready
             DISPATCHER <machine: VAMSI, pid: 904>
             (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=Vamsi)(PORT=49237))
    The command completed successfully

• Why did Mozilla (v.4) erase all my bookmarks which existed yesterday? Can these kinds of disasters happen again in the future with Firefox? Mozilla developers: we are living in 2011...

Why did Mozilla (v.4) erase all my bookmarks which existed yesterday? Can these kinds of disasters happen again in the future with Firefox? Mozilla developers: we are living in 2011...

Firefox makes bookmark backups daily in the following location: C:\Documents and Settings\{Username}\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\123xxx.default\bookmarkbackups (where "123xxx.default represents a randomly named folder).
    To restore from one of them, hit CTRL+SHIFT+B to open the Bookmarks manager and then click "Import and Export" | Restore and choose a date. See screenshot.
    Before you do that though, could you please hit CTRL+I
    Can you see any Bookmarks in there?

• The Future of the ThinkPad 2-in-1

Hello Lenovo Forums!
    My name is Alysia Eve and I am the Worldwide ThinkPad Product Portfolio Marketing Manager. You will start to see our Product Marketing team interacting on the forums, asking for your thoughts and feedback as we work on delivering the most compelling ThinkPad products in the future. We are so excited to interact with our users and fans!
    We designed ThinkPad Helix, our breakthrough 2-in-1 detachable, to be the best of both worlds – a powerful and full-featured notebook when you need it and a thin and light tablet for ultimate mobility.
    We made significant changes from our first generation, moving to a fanless design with more battery life and accessory options. We continue to evolve with our customers and technology.
    As we look to the next generation we want to know what you need in a 2-in-1. What does the next generation Helix look like? What does it need to do to fit your needs? We want to hear from you!

My use seems to differ from most comments here in that I am a full time animator and artist as well as a writer and I bought the Helix with the idea to untether me from the desk and be able to draw wherever I wanted as well as write scripts and design and develop television shows. In theory the Helix seemed like it was a good idea for my purposes but some of the designs marred that ability.For one the fact that the Helix literally got hot enough to fry an egg on made it hard to hold for any amount of time without wearing an oven mitt.Strike One for a tablet you're supposed to hold. Second, when you disconnect the keyboard it stops working. Maybe that sounds silly, to others but give me a moment to explain. If I want to draw on the tablet, I need to disconnect it from the keyoard but still need the keyboard for programs like Photoshop and Flash as well as Illustrator, Toonboom Storyboard Pro and especially Maya, all of which run just fine on the Helix and was the reason I purchased it.However ALL of these programs are useless without a keyboard and by killing it when it's not attached you destroy the very purpose of using it for me because I now have to carry a USB keyboard when a prefectly good one is sitting right besiode it gathering dust. Especially cosidering it's more than feasable.Strike 2.   The first two issues were possible to deal with really if not annoying. The real reason I ultimately sold it was due to the HORRIBLE performance of the trackpad. It rendered the machine unusable in my opinion. I don't really see why it had to have no buttons on or why it rocked both at the top and the bottom making it near impossible to tell without looking where you were on the trackpad.Strike 3. I also hated the tiny chiclet pen which while it seems like you solved the issue by including a larger pen, the digitzier made the pen wriitng and drawing shaky which again ruined it for me. Thatr was somewhat alleviated by the ability to buy another pen that wasn't the size of a toothpick but it still wasn't perfect. I mean who designs these things? All you have to do is look at the thousands of years of writing impliments to realise no one ever wants to draw with a toothpick.Strike 3.5 ( becasue that was fixable with a third party pen)  And for God sake whoever makes these things allow us to easily TURN OFF THE STUPID TOUCH. I'm sure you might 'think' that your palm rejection wroks but I assure it sucks and it needs to be turned off to draw with your tablet in any way. No one wants to relearn the way they draw by placing your palm down before you draw to invloke the rejection. It's really not that big of a deal. Allow us to turn the **bleep** thing off without going into the device manager.Strike 4.  I also did not like the larger resolution since it made all the toolbar icons on programs tiny enough to have to squint to see them. It's really a shame because I wanted to like the Helix and the i7 chewed up programs like bubble gum. In theory, think it's a perfect concept;  but the implimentation was lacking and yet it's honestly still the best chocie on the market. Trust me I've searched high and low fo rwhat I need and the Helix was the only one close. truthfully all the imtems I listed are fixable if you just used your compnters in a real world environment and you clearly do not. . I honestly think Lenovo's primary problem is that those who make these computers, don't really use them in a real world setting because most of these issues are instantly obvious if you do. Here's to the Helix 3, because I won't be buying the Helix 2.

• The Future Of The N900?

Hello,
    It was hard enough for me to fathom out what was going on in favor of the N900 before I heard about the Microsoft announcement.
    It seems Nokia have got bigger concerns for the future of themselves than to be concerned about a past  product?
    As a layman it seems the N900 is good phone but will be ultimately be limited by it's processor. I assume like computers this will increase unless there are limitations.
    BUT, it does seem that all these names I've heard of since owning a N900 - Maemo, Meego, Moblin, Intel, Qt, Ovi Beta do not  represent a part of the future in the grand scheme of things for Nokia. I can understand that if Microsoft is necessary for survival.
    I have no experience of Ipod / HTC Andriod but it does seem these have stolen the march whilst Nokia have been floundering. I really don't know if I move away from the Nokia N900 if I would be pleasantly surprised or wish for it back.
    In the meantime if the N900 has a future interesting or otherwise it would be good to know as upgrade is round the corner and unless the competition are not to be missed, I am happy to stick with the N900 as it does the business for me.
    The thing is I shouldn't need to be thinking like this but it is not obvious to me where the Nokia successor to it is.
    I am very open to responses to my thoughts, which may need correcting. I might not even be on the right track, but it's funny how I am the only person in my group of friends with a Nokia, never mind a N900.
    I would also like to mention that cpitchford has helped me in the past and I consider him to be the man in the know by far. I was gutted to read a recent post how he felt let down. 
    I favor quality brand loyalty but this seems to questionable these days. 

hi,
    i do agree with you!! 
    even after losing my 1st nokia n900, i cud not digest any other phone as similar and doing-business for me.
    hence to asnwer all easy options i bought again my 2nd n900.
    Certainly there is no match to its convinence, leave apart its processor. 
    I am also amongst those who r eagerly waiting for new version, but the possibility seems to b diminishing .
    hope nokia will revive this exclusive-not-for masses-smartphone!!!

• Stop the beeps with the 7200 rpm hard disks of the MacBook Pro

http://www.hardmac.com/news/2009/07/13/stop-the-beeps-with-the-7200-rpm-hard-dis ks-of-the-macbook-pro
    Stop the beeps with the 7200 rpm hard disks of the MacBook Pro
    from HardMac.com by [email protected] (Lionel)
    At the beginning of week, we have spoken about the unpleasant beeps made by the 7200 rpm hard drive proposed as an option in the MacBook Pro 2009.
    A solution has been found, the details are given by Rémy.
    These tedious beeps occur when the disc is inactive and are caused by a system
    to reposition the play-back head carried out in a repetitive way.
    In addition to the beeps of the hard drive, Mac OS X displays the pretty multicoloured wheel during some seconds while waiting for hard drive to finish these loadings and unloadings of the play-back head.
    The solution comes with a utility of the name hdapm (for Hard Disk Advanced Power Management) which makes it possible to change the level of energy management (APM) of the hard drive.
    Hdapm can be downloaded from : http://mckinlay.net.nz/hdapm; hdapm being a command line utility, it is thus necessary to use the Terminal (which is in /Applications/Utilitaires).
    After copying hdapm into your user file, the command to enter is:
    sudo ~/hdapm disk0 max
    disk0 corresponds to the disc to regulate knowing that hdapm should function with any ATA disk supporting APM
    max is the level of APM which is a number ranging between 1 and 254 included
    the word following are preset and can used in the place a number for the level of APM
    max (maximum performance) is the parameter to use to eliminate the “beeps”.
    min (maximum economy of energy)
    default (returns to the default setting)
    The level of APM is a temporary adjustment in the firmware of the hard drive, this adjustment is lost when the disk is powered down and it is thus necessary to redo this at each for each start up.
    To install hdapm so it is launched at each start-up, it is necessary to copy hdapm to the hard drive (/usr/local/bin is advised) and to copy the file hdapm.plist in /Library/LaunchDaemons.
    It will be can be necessary to you to edit hdapm.plist with the desired parameters; the default settings are: the repertory where hdapm is /usr/local/bin, the hard drive is regulated on the first (disk0) and the level of APM is the maximum.
    You can simply copy the file hdapm into /usr/local/bin file if you want to avoid modifying Plist.
    Simplest way to reach these files is to use the Go/go to the file and to copy/paste this address before validating.

Yeah, I don't buy that. I spoke with Seagate a couple of months ago when I was looking for the impossible to find 500 GB 7200 RPM HD and asked them that very thing. They told me it would work fine, but I should disable SMS. Apple told me the same thing. I ultimately waited and got a non G-Force model, but Seagate told me it would work.
    I also don't believe that they'd OEM the drive to Apple knowing it wouldn't work. That makes absolutely no sense. If Seagate knew the G-Force drive would not function properly in an Apple MacBook/MacBook Pro, and they OEM'd it to Apple for that purpose anyway, what does that say about Seagate?
    I admit it's odd that the used the G-Force model given the presence of SMS, but apparently Seagate has prioritized the manufacturing of the G-Force drives and probably offered it to Apple.

• Could not retrieve the document with the passed obsolete token.

Hi,
    Issue is with the specific report not able to execute when the query is cancelled and getting an error when you are cancelling an already executing query.
    Receiving an error message during running one of our report in the
    following way:
    - Run the Webi report
    - Select the value for 8 prompts
    - Click on cancel
    - try to re-run by clicking on re-fresh and receive an error message.
    The error message is the following:
    "Could not retrieve the document with the passed obsolete token (Error: RWI 00323) (Error: INF)"
    Till now we have made the following changes:
    This might be caused by a storage token that identifies a document state, which is no longer available in the storage tokens stack.
    In the webi.properties file, increased the value of storage tokens stack size.
    1. Edit the webi.properties file found in the following location:
    u2022 <Installed dir>\program files\businessobjects\BOenterprise115\Web services\en\dsws_webservice_boe\data\asemble\dsewsBobjJava\src\WEB-INF\classes\webi.properties.
    2. Add or change the following variables:
    u2022 WID_FAILOVER_SIZE (This sets the maximum number of tokens to keep in memory. It is 10 by default.)
    u2022 WID_STORAGE_TOKEN_STACK_SIZE (this sets the maximum number of tokens stored on disk. It is 10 by default.)
    u2022     Deleted cookies.
    u2022     Add  the Java Runtime Parameter value from following path:
    Start - > Control Panel-> Java -> Java Applet Runtime Settings
    Click on View.
    Add the Java runtime Parameter value: Xmx200.
    It is not a machine specific issue however it is intermittent.
    Please advice.
    Regards,
    Pradnya Kokil

Hi Pradnya,
    Following solutions might help you to resolve the issue.
    Solution1:
    To achieve optimum performance, the developer should limit the number of new windows that can be opened using the OpenDocument function, particularly if using it within the drill function.
    If you must open a new window each time, you can increase the number of document instances available on the system by modifying parameters in the webi.properties file:
    1. On the Business Objects server, navigate to the following directory:
    C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat\webapps\businessobjects\enterprise115\desktoplaunch\WEB-INF\classes
    2. Open the webi.properties file using a text editor.
    3. Uncomment the FAILOVER_SIZE=10 line by removing the # from the beginning of the line.
    4. After FAILOVER_SIZE, add the following:
    STORAGE_TOKEN_STACK_SIZE=40
    5. Save the file.
    6. Restart the application server
    Solution2:
    Do not use Control Key + N or File New from Browser for invoking new instance of Browser
    Avoid opening Infoview by Hyperlinks.
    Alternatively, by setting logontoken.enabled property in web.xml for desktop.war, will stop users allowing using old token
    Locate web.xml file in desktop.war file deployed on your application server
    Locate the following string in web.xml:<param-name>logontoken.enabled</param-name>
    Change the <param-value> for logontoken.enabled from true to false (forexample, <param-value>false</param-value>)
    Save and close the file
    Restart the web application server to apply the changes
    Regards,
    Sarbhjeet Kaur

• Hello! My iMac frozed and I had to switch the electricty supply off and on in order to start again the system, with the problem that the screen looks wierd, I tried to calibrate it... doesnt works any suggestion?

hello! My iMac frozed and I had to switch the electricty supply off and on in order to start again the system, with the problem that the screen looks wierd, I tried to calibrate it... doesnt works any suggestion?

Dear Paul, thank you very much for your time and answer, I followed those steps, somehow it helped the performance of my Imac, is faster now, but the screen issue about the very High contrast colours is still there. Since I am a photographer I am very depending on the screen calibration. I am worried that I came to damage the video card when I shut down the computer from the swicth when It was frozed.

• The problem with the warranty repair in Russia. I bought an Iphone without a contract in Paris, and now I must go there to have it repaired? In Russia, the repair takes only bought in Russia. Is this correct?

The problem with the warranty repair in Russia. I bought Iphone4 without a contract in Paris, and now I must go there to have it repaired? In Russia, the repair takes only bought in Russia. Is this correct? So I was told over the phone in service and support in the near future, I was not planning to fly to Paris. Just for the sake of repairing the phone to fly to Paris is expensive.
    The problem of 100% on your phone, as trying to change SIM cards of different operator and the problem remains.
    Phone is constantly losing the signal during a call, and often just disabled.
    I bought 5 phones for himself, his wife and friends, and only I have these problems.
    Very annoying.

Yes you will need to go back to France as the warranty is country specific except in EU countries.  Or if you know anyone there they could take it to an Apple store if you posted it to them.

• How to pull the job with the latest effective date in PSFT?

Hello,
    I am running the PSFT 9.1.1 connector workforcefullsync.
    I ran into a problem when the user has multiple job records. Each time that the user job is updated, a new job record is created. So, when the data comes from PSFT, for a user, we have multiple jobs records with different effective date (For example <EFFDT IsChanged="Y">1996-10-21</EFFDT>). OIM is only interested in the latest EFFDT.
    Question 1: is it something that we can set on the PeopleSoft side, so that only the job with the highest EFFDT is sent to OIM?
    Question 1b: is this is not easy to accomplish from the PSFT side, can I use transformation in the connector to only pull the job record with the highest effective date?
    Question 2: if the EFFDT shows a date in the future (HR wants to disable a person in the future), does OIM ignore this change until the sysdate is after that EFFDT date?
    Thanks
    PS: workforcefullsync worked fine if the file contains only 1 job per employee. When the xml files contain multiple job records, I got the error:
    ERROR QuartzWorkerThread-1 OIMCP.PSFTER - oracle.iam.connectors.psft.common.handler.impl.PSFTWorkForceSyncReconMessageHandlerImpl : handleMessage
    ERROR QuartzWorkerThread-1 OIMCP.PSFTER - 1
    ERROR QuartzWorkerThread-1 OIMCP.PSFTER - Description : 1
    ERROR QuartzWorkerThread-1 OIMCP.PSFTER - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
    Edited by: user12049102 on Mar 22, 2010 12:06 PM

Hello,
    When the PSFT team sends a message over to OIM to disable a user with today's date, the user got disabled fine in OIM. A reconciliation event is created.
    When the PSFT team sends a message over to OIM to disable a user with a future date for EFFDT, let's say 3/31/2010, no reconciliation event was created.
    Does OIM store this information somewhere so that it will process it later on?
    It's a good thing that OIM does not disable the user who has an EFFDT in the future, but we don't want that record to be forgotten.
    Please help.
    Thanks

• I need to create an action or script to save the file with the name of the selected layer

I need to create an action or script to save the file with the name of the selected layer (not including the hidden layers, but including those visible).
    How could modify the script: 'Layer Comps To Files.jsx' to get the result?
    Warning: I do not need to export all layers as files.
    Who can help me?
    THX in advance

Versione in Italiano (Further down the English version)
    NB - Nella versione inglese ho messo tutte le immagini dei menu in italiano.
    Versione per Mac, ma credo sia identico per Windows.
    Spiego passo passo cosa ho fatto:
    - Ho creato un file esempio con tre Livelli, salvato sulla scrivania e ho chiuso il file.
    - Ho aperto il file e selezionato il Livello al centro per iniziare a registrare una azione che ho chiamato: Save with Name of Selected Layer
    - Nuova azione
    - Dare il nome e premere Registra
    Ora salva…
    - Menu --> Livello --> Nuovo --> Livello... e premi -ok-, (lascia il nome che viene mostrato)
    - Ancora una volta Menu --> Livello... --> Nuovo --> Livello... e premi -ok-, (lascia il nome che viene mostrato)
    - Menu --> Livello --> Ordina --> Dietro
    - Menu --> Livello --> Unisci sotto
    - Menu --> Livello --> Unisci visibili
    - Menu --> Livello --> Nuovo --> Livello... e premi -ok-, (lascia il nome che viene mostrato)
    - Menu --> Livello - Nascondi Livello
    - Menu --> Elimina --> Elimina livelli nascosti (press -Yes-)
    - Menu --> Livello --> Nuovo --> Livello... Inserisci questo: 'Move this to the trash' e premi ok
    - Menu --> File --> Script --> Esporta Livelli in File... (Nella finestra che si apre scegliere l’opzione che si desidera, ma togliere il prefisso del nome) e premere -Esegui-
    - Selezionare il pannello Storia cliccare su Elimina premendo -Si- ogni volta che si apre la finestra di dialogo (Ripetere 8 volte questa operazione sino ad arrivare nella storia alla condizione di partenza. Ho visto che è meglio di Ripristina -F12-)
    - Fermare la registrazione.
    A questo punto, mandando in esecuzione questa Azione, ho raggiunto parzialmente l’obiettivo perché i file così creati mantengono, purtroppo, dei prefissi numerici per evitare probabilmente la sovrascrizione di file (credo senza avviso) nel posto dove vengono creati.
    Per ottenere l’obiettivo occorre un nuovo passo ed a proposito di questo riferisco quanto segue:
    ATTENZIONE - L’operazione descritta qui di seguito deve essere fatta su di una copia del file, per cui:
    - Duplicare il file,
    - Spostare l’originale in altra cartella
    - Lavorare sul file duplicato.
    mi riferisco a questo...
    ATTENZIONE - Questa modifica è effettuata a proprio rischio e pericolo ed il sottoscritto non si assume alcuna responsabilità su quanto venga fatto soprattutto da mani inesperte.
    ATTENZIONE - Questa modifica sovrascrive qualsiasi file che abbia nome uguale al layer che viene selezionato più l’estensione del file naturalmente.
    Comunque la modifica è banalissima e a portata di chiunque.
    Procedere così:
    - Chiudere Photoshop
    - Aprire (nel percorso specificato dall’immagine) il file “Export Layers to Files.jsx” (Export Layers To Files.jsx 1.0.0.16) con un editor di testo puro.
    - cercare la stringa (dovrebbe essere in riga 1029)
    var fileNameBody = fileNamePrefix;
    fileNameBody += "_" + zeroSuppress(i, 4);
    fileNameBody += "_" + layerName;
    - sostituirla con:
    fileNameBody += layerName;
    - cercare la stringa (dovrebbe essere in riga 1047-46)
    fileNameBody += "_" + zeroSuppress(i, 4) + "s";
    - sostituirla con:
    fileNameBody += "";
    - salvare e uscire.
    - riavviare Photoshop
    - provare l’azione registrata facendo attenzione che il nome del layer non sia identico al nome di un file già presente altrimenti questo verrà sovrascritto.
    Domanda:
    Perché ho creato livelli che poi ho eliminato ecc.
    Risposta:
    Semplice per evitare errori di esecuzione delle azioni nel caso di operazioni con livelli mancanti o altro.
    Semplice... no?
    English version
    Mac version, but I think it's the same for Windows.
    First of all, I'm translating the actions that I made using the Italian version of Photoshop, you look at the position of the menu that I have chosen to do the work with other languages.
    I explain step by step what I did:
    - I created a sample file with three layers, saved to the desktop and I closed the file.
    - I opened the file and select the layer at the center to start recording an action that I called: Save with Name of the Selected Layer
    - New action
    - Give the name and press Save ( I think it is so in English )
    Now save ...
    - Menu -> Layer - > New —> Layer… and press -ok- , (leave the name that is shown)
    - Once again Menu -> Layer - > New —> Layer… and press -ok- , (leave the name that is shown)
    - Menu -> Layer - > Arrange (order) -> Behind
    - Menu -> Layer - > Merge Down
    - Menu -> Layer - > Merge Visible
    - Menu -> Layer - > New —> Layer… and press -ok- , (leave the name that is shown)
    - Menu -> Layer - Hide Layer
    - Menu - > Delete - > Delete hidden layers (press -Yes- )
    - Menu -> Layer - > New —> Layer… Enter this: ' Move this to the trash ' and press ok
    - Menu -> File - > Scripts -> Export Layers To Files... (In the window that opens select the option you want, but take away the name prefix) and press - Run -
    - Select the History panel and click Delete (on menu opened) pressing -Yes- every time when open the dialog box (8 times Repeat this step until you get into the story to the starting condition. Not use Restore -F12-).
    - Stop recording.
    At this point, by executing this action, I have reached the goal partly because the files created in this way remain, unfortunately, the numerical prefixes to avoid possibly overwriting of files (I think without notice) in the place where they are created.
    To achieve the goal we need a new step and thinking about this as follows:
    WARNING - The operation described below should be made on a copy of the file, so :
    - Duplicate the file
    - Move the original folder to another
    - Work on the duplicate file.
    WARNING - This modification is performed at your own risk and the undersigned assumes no responsibility on what is done mostly by inexperienced hands.
    WARNING - This change will overwrite any files with the same name as the selected layer plus the file extension of course.
    However, the change is trivial and within reach of anyone.
    Proceed as follows:
    - Close Photoshop
    - Open (in the specified path from the image ) file " Export Layers to Files.jsx " (Export Layers To Files.jsx 1.0.0.16) with a pure text editor.
    - Search for the string (should be in line 1029 )
    var = fileNameBody fileNamePrefix ;
    fileNameBody = + "_" + zeroSuppress (i, 4 ) ;
    fileNameBody + = "_ " + layerName ;
    - Replace it with :
    fileNameBody + = layerName ;
    - Search for the string (should be in line 1047-46 )
    fileNameBody + = "_ " + zeroSuppress (i, 4) + "s" ;
    - Replace it with :
    fileNameBody + = "";
    - Save and exit.
    - Restart Photoshop
    - Try the recorded Action, making sure that the layer name is not identical to the name of an existing file otherwise it will be overwritten.
    Question:
    Why I created levels which I then deleted etc..
    Answer:
    Simple to avoid errors of execution of the actions in the case of transactions with missing levels and other.
    Simple ... is not it?
    Sorry for my bad English...
    Thanks in advance for any hint.
    --->>> Please think about this... Adobe <<<---

• "The Future of the Gravity Boy" by Infadels contains nothing but static.

I recently noticed that the entire album "The Future of the Gravity Boy" by Infadels contains nothing but 3 second clips of static, instead of the actual songs. Here's a link to the album I'm talking about:https://open.spotify.com/album/3OQ4dSIvojhfeaFSwxG23N  Thanks in advance,Hugo2607

Ghost1227 wrote:
    Dusty wrote:
    Ghost1227 wrote:I wouldn't want to post via Planet, but the possibility of making it a 'rolling release' kinda deal is interesting.
    That's really just a blog, though, when you think about it.
    Which brings an interesting thought: Rather than requesting people write content specific to the magazine, maybe it would be easier to mine some of the numerous blogs for magazine content. Then you have access to content that people are already voluntarily writing. All you need to do is request permission from various blog authors to reprint their stuff. You could then have a blog of your own (crouse'll set you up on archlinux.me, I'm sure) to release the "normal" content: devland, interviews, at your convenience, with no hard deadlines.
    Dusty
    Much as I love what crouse is doing... I have three servers... i can self host!
    This just in, the latest headline for ALM: "Mess with Ghost and you'll be toast!"

• Just for the future on the ipad air there seems tp be a white screen glitch after  a certain amount of use. it would be great if this gets fixed. thanks

Just for the future on the ipad air there seems to be a white screen glitch after a certain amount of use.  This needs to be fixed thanks

You are not talking to Apple here. We are all users trying to help one another solve issues with their iPads.
    I have an iPad Air and have never experienced something that I would call a " white screen glitch."
    Please explain exactly what is happening on your iPad, what you might have tried to fix it and what, if any, error messages you receive.

Maybe you are looking for

• Find button

Hi Everyone, I have a screen displaying 3 alv grids, and I have created through menu painter standard toolbar. In that toolbar I have find and find next buttons. My requirement is if I press find button it has to search in the grid on which focus is

• Reference block in Email Editor

Hi Experts, With CRM 7.0 upgrade I notice an additional REFERENCE block has been added in Email Editor Screen. Can can any one help me to understand the exact funtionality of this additional block. Any pointers will be very helpful. Regards, Namita

• My Hard Drive has disappeared!

I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having please. The icon for my main hard drive (start up disk) has gone from my desktop and is no longer displayed in finder. This also coincides with a noticeable drop in performance shown particular

• Export to play in a standard dvd palayer

Hi! I have made a movie and I would like to play it in a standard dvd player with the best quality possible. I do not need any menus or trailers before the movie starts, just play stright as I push the play. How should I export and record the movie f

• External drive and time machine failures

Morning all! I have an external JBOD drive enclosure holding to 1TB drives. I have one setup as a storage device and the other as a Time Machine backup drive, I've noticed that when first mounted the system performs backups fine, but when the system