Synch E65 and Palm T5

Hi everybody,
I cannot build the connection with my new E65 and mya PDA ( Palm T5); this new phone does not appear in the list of phones. How can I get it work ? Thanks

I found this post on Geekzone regarding this issue.
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=833
See if you can follow the instructions in the post and resolve the issue.
For reference purposes, click on the following link for the support page for your device on the kb.palm.com webpage.
http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/tungsten/t5/unlocked/home/page_en.html
There are links on the page to the user guide, troubleshooting, how to's, downloads, etc.

Similar Messages

• Synching issues between Palm Desktop 4.1.2 and Sun ONE Synch 1.1p2

This has been vaguely mentioned in a thread elsewhere. I thought I'd document my issues for anyone else searching.
    Downloaded and isntalled PD 4.1.2. Synched fine with my Palm Vx.
    Installed Sun's synch software 1.1p2. Synched with Calender Server. Synch between Palm and Calender directly failed. Synch between PD and Cal server appeared to go through, but nothing actually synched.
    After this, synching between Palm and PD began to go wrong - date book wouldn't be synched, then tasks stopped, progressively getting worse.
    Reinstlaled PD 4.1.4 and Palm and PD could synch again.
    Uninstalled PD 4.1.4, installed an older version, 4.1, found on CNET's download site. Reinstalled Synch software, everything now synchs fine.
    Thank God for that!
    Chris

4.1.4 was originally designed for Palm OS 4.x devices, while 4.2 and 4.1.4e (Extended) were designed for PalmOS 5.x devices using the new PIM programs (Contacts and Calendar vs. Address Book and Datebook).
    See these articles for some insight:
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8063/palm-deskt​op-42-rereleased-as-414e/ (Please note the date is in 2005).
    http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/33​529_en.html  (Palm Desktop 4.2 isn't listed as this article is for the downloadable versions.  4.2 was supplied only on discs).
    WyreNut
    I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
    You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!
    If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
    If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

• Synching Zire 31 with both Outlook 2003 and Palm Desktop

I use Outlook at work but not at home so I synch my Zire 31 with Palm Desktop at home.  It works fine synching with both.  I like the Memos and Tasks features better on Palm Desktop, so I would like to use them at work. I'd like my Zire to Synch at work with Outlook for some features (i.e. Contacts and Calendar) but with Palm Desktop for others (i.e. Memos and Tasks). 
    When I use the setup CD, it asks if I want to synch with "Palm Desktop" or with "Outlook and Palm Desktop".  Based on this, it sounds like I should be able to choose the 2nd one and synch with Outlook and Palm Desktop, but I can't get it to do that.  When I choose that option and then go into Custom for synch setup, the only options there are for Outlook.  How can I get it use Palm for Memos and Tasks?
    Post relates to: Zire 31

Hi..  Welcome to the Palm forums.  What it is asking is, for Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos do you want them to sync with palm desktop OR outlook?   Its all four or nothing.  When it is both what it means is if you sync with outlook, calendar, contacts, tasks and memos will sync to outlook all others, media, all your settings etc will go to palm desktop.  The main 4 can NOT be seperated its all or nothing.

• Mac OS 10.4.6 Update and Palm Hand Held Issues

Recently I installed the Mac OS 10.4.6 update after confirming that it should improve some minor issues with "Hot Synching".
    Previously I could "Hot Synch" with my Palm Mac Desk Top software 4.2.1 and also with my PC with no issues.
    I noticed now I can "Hot Sync" on my Mac--with no issues. However, when I take the Palm out of the USB Cradel and try to access the Palm Display page with the featured icons, I get a very unusual error:
    "Application can not be launched because it is missing localization info file xxx--enUS.prc."
    I checked the Palm site and entered the error message and the response was returned that indicated "several applications with the Palm Tungsten T require overlay files to run properly. "Dialer, SMS, & WAP Browser" require and overlay "prc" file that determines which language he application displays on the device. If this "prc" file is missing, it will cause this message to be displayed."
    I was instructed to install the "xxx_enUS.prc" using the Palm Install tool.
    I installed all of the "xxx_enUS.prc" files on Disk 2 and have performed a "Hot Sync" again. A successful "Hot Synch" was performed.
    The above message is still displayed on the Palm screen even after that successful "Hot Synch".
    I can not use any of the screen icons to select any of the features or vprograms on the Palm.
    The face buttons can be depressed but the selection from the Palm hand held icons with the stylus can not be accessed as the "missing localization info, ect" is displayed.
    I have performed soft resets to no avail.
    I still can not get this issues resolved.
    Anyone out there have any suggestions.
    POWER MAC G-4 (933 MHz QuickSilver) Mac OS X (10.4.5) iSite

I don't use the synch. option. However, my RSS feeds are updating without problem after the update. If I remember correctly, the RSS feed update was affected by synching through .Mac? Is that true?
    What method did you use to update your system. As a rule, I use the combo update. If you used the incremental method, I suggest using the combo update. Remember to repair permissions via Disk Utility after the update.

• Hot synch problem with Palm TX

I entered some new contacts on Microsoft Outlook and two new categories of contacts. When I hot synch with my Palm TX the new contacts appear but the two new categories do not appear.  Does the Palm TX have a limit on the number of Contact Categories it will handle?  I have 15 Categories at present in Outlook.
    Bill Phillips
    Durham, NC
    Post relates to: Palm TX

According to the Palm Knowledgebase, 15 is the maximum (not counting All and Unfiled).
    Details here:
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/nua/launchKB.asp?c=31763
    It states any more than 15 will be lumped together into "Unfiled".
    WyreNut
    I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
    You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!
    If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
    If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

• Need to synch calendar and contacts, but also open attachments with OWA

I have a client with a Tour 9630.  They are using Exchange 2007 so we cannot use BES or BPS on that server (their only one).
    His biggest gripe using the redirector was that he could not open attachments.  After doing some digging, I found out that you cannot open attachments unless you are using the BIS service and connecting through OWA.
    SO...fought the authentication issues since they have a self-signed certificate on their Exchange box...turned off all the authentication and woila..OWA worked like a charm.
    NOW, though, his contacts and calendar no longer synch since he is just hitting the OWA mail!
    Is there a way to enable opening attachments while still synching calendar and contacts?
    I turned off redirector on the pc since OWA was working.
    If I turn the redirector back on to keep the synch going, will he get duplicates of mail?

I've gotten this 4403 error before, and somehow resolved it without knowing how.
    THIS TIME, however, I  tried turning off the synch on my Documents-To-Go, and that fixed things.
    Checking on other discussions on the internet regarding this "Protocol Error: Too many files. (4403)", I'm seeing a pattern of Documents-To-Go when resident apps are listed, which seems to tentatively confirm my conclusion. The obvious implication here is that one or more versions of Docs-To-Go have a conflict with something in one or more versions of the Palm OS, and/or other 3rd party apps.
    I've be interested in whether this works in other users' experiences.
    Mike H

• E65 and Outloo Notes and email

With an E65 is it possible to synch Notes and Inbox from Outlook 2007? (this can be done using Windows Mobile / Active Sync)?
    Thanks

Seems that the notes are synchronised and hidden under the office application. It's just not an option in PC Sync.

• Zen Vision M 30GB - New Synch Adapter and Char

Hi,
    I need a new synch adapter and charger for my Creative Vision M 30 GB.
    Im in Australia and have been unable to locate it at any of the retailers that Creative have specified.
    Im wondering if I can get one directly from Creative, or is this all a ploy to force me to get a new player
    Thanks,
    John?

Ebay or ? google search engine.

• Synching Facebook and Twitter with OS X in the notification bar?

I am having trouble synching facebook and Twitter along with many other applications in the notification bar.

Facebook isn't included yet.  Some time later this fall.  Twitter is easy, you need to add your twitter account to the 'mail, contacts & calendars' pref pane in System Preferences

• E65 and BT headset

I bougt E65 smatphone, everything seems great with it, exept one thing. When I connect my Logitech Freedom Hedset and NextLink Bluespoon AX2 on it it drops volume to the minimum, so every time I have to put it to maximum manually on headset...
    Another thing when you answer the call using the headset, first second you hear callr's voys on max. level and than it drops to minimum... Pretty annoying, especially when you drive. Enyone have the solution for theese probelms? Also it is not possible to chenge volume of a headset from the phone itself...
    Theese headsets were working properly on my old Nokia 6230i, so i suppose they are not broken or anything.

I have the same problem with my E65 and both of my Logitech Freedom headsets (versions 5 and 8). Although the volume problem is annoying, there is a more serious problem where after a while you hear the other party very loud and distorted, while the other party does not hear you at all anymore. Only way to solve this is to reboot (switch off and on) the phone. The headsets work perfectly on my 2 other Nokia phones, one 6021 and one other I don't remember the model number.
    My only resolution is to buy a new headset, any recommendations for troublefree use?

• E65 and what router

hi first time poster long time reader so please be nice
    I have an E65 and i'm trying to get the internet telephone to work
    Connection is : Virgin 20MB
    current router : Netgear WPN 824v2 wireless router(latest firmware)
    my problem is i can connect to the wireless network and surf the net no problem , but as soon as i try to make a net call it crashes the router , i use Ubuntu and ekiga on both wired and wireless , my thought is the phone is just not compatible with the netgear.
    So oh great and wise Nokia forum Guru's what routers do you use that is know to work with an E65
    min router requirements are :
    Cable
    4 port lan
    wireless
    i'm looking at the Linksys: WRT300N " The incredible speed of Wireless-N makes it ideal for media-centric applications like streaming video, gaming, and Voice over IP telephony"
    over to the forum and thanks for all help advice given

This is what i got back from Netgear Support
    WPN824v2 is a home class router and does not have any specific support for Session Initiation Protocol or a H.323 gateway. The unit was not designed for use with a SIP phone in mind and may not work with it.
    You can try a firmware update or a downgrade.
    Version 2.0.10 ( North America and Worldwide Versions) Nov 15, 2006
    Version 2.0.6_1.2.17 ( for use in North America only ) Sep 1, 2006
    Version 1.0.20 ( for use only in Europe ) May 25, 2006
    Version 1.0.19 Mar. 10, 2006
    Initial Release 1.0.1 Jan. 3, 2006
    It may also be necessary to DMZ the IP address of the phone and or disable the SPI firewall.
    Assign a static IP address to the phone if able and then place that IP address of the phone in the DMZ option located under Advanced, WAN Setup.
    OR
    Enable port forwarding to the below listed ports.
    Port 5060 TCP and UDP
    Port 5004 UDP
    Port 10000 UDP (sipgate Stun service - usually 3478/9)
    Ports 16348-32768 UDP (RTP, RTCP multimedia streaming)
    STUN normally operates on TCP and UDP port 3478
    Or what ever ports are specified by the provider.
    Note: The DMZ or port forwarding can be used but no both setup to the same IP address at the same time.
    You may also want to review the below listed web site for a work around using SSH.
    http://www.fonosip.com/english/trouble.html
    Please not the WPN824v2 is end of life and no longer manufactured and more then likely there will be no further firmware updates.
    Thank you for choosing NETGEAR.
    has anyone found a router that works with the E65 ???

• E65 and Bluetooth intermittent freeze up on phone

Hi Guys
    Thanks for taking the time to respond:
    I have an E65 and PC suite at home and office (Toshiba and Bluesoleil). This works well 80% of the time. It's not set to sync auto.
    Often the Bluetooth on the phone freezes in connected mode and the only way to get it going is to switch bluetooth off on the phone and on again. It’s flashed to the latest firmware to no avail.
    I've set the phone to Bluetooth - hidden and this doesn’t make much difference either.
    The nasty is that when it freezes like this it causes the battery to drain rapidly and will prob have me die early because of the continuous radiation!
    Any advice is much appreciated.

could also be an issue with short bluetooth range of the phone or headsets
    at least it would break up like that if range was an issue

• E65 and BH-214

I should like know the compatibility between my phone E65 and blue tooth BH-214, tks 

On which device is the call key  not working ?
    If this post answers your question, you can help others by clicking the green accepted solution' button.
    Please ask your questions to the main board and not to my mailbox. Thank you.

• E65 and GPS Navman

Hi,
    I have a Nokia E65 and a GPS bluetooth Navman 4410.
    The GPS's code to pair is NAVMAN.
    But when I try to pair them, I only can write numbers (no letters).
    Could you help me?
    Thanks a lot.

All Nokia phones seem to support only numeric Bluetooth passcodes (pairing codes).
    There are about 950 million Nokia phones in daily use. Nokia sold 437 million phones in 2007 alone.
    NAVMAN is loosing a lot of potential customers by insisting on using "NAVMAN" (all letters) for their Bluetooth GPS receiver, as no Nokia phone owner can use a NAVMAN GPS receiver.
    Of course, Nokia could also change their phones to also accept other characters (not just digits) for Bluetooth passcodes, but it'll still be easier and faster for a much smaller and probably nimbler company, like NAVMAN, to change, than it it is to get a big company to do such a change (and there are more existing Nokia phones out there, than NAVMAN GPS units, I'm sure).
    In the meanwhile, buy and use somebody else's Bluetooth GPS modules (or somebody else's phones, if you absolutely must have a NAVMAN GPS receiver, and nothing else will make you happy).

• E65 and 4GB MicroSDHC support

Bought a E65 and tried to run a 4GB MSDHC card. Failed! Any ideas?

The E65 does not support SDHC cards.
    It supports standard SD cards up to 2GB. 4GB standard SD cards may work but I don't know anyone who has tried it.

Maybe you are looking for

• BOM explosion while creation of scheduling agreement / PO

Hi all, Can anyone pls tell me how can i control / make settings for the explosion of BOM, when MM creates a scheduling agreement or a PO ? Also, if i have multiple alternative BOMs, how can i get the BOMs selected automatically?? Thank you, Shrenik

• VO filter rows by date

Hi, I need to filter the row by date, so I have this DCBindingContainer dcbindings = (DCBindingContainer) BindingContext.getCurrent().getCurrentBindingsEntry(); DCIteratorBinding iterator = dcbindings.finIteratorBinding("MyVO1Iterator"); RowSetIterat

• Validating an XML message from Outbound Interface.

Hi All, I hav an xml generated from an outbound interface and is to be validated against a BC Schema that hav been specifically created from the sample XML docs.I'm strucked at how to validate the XML in XI against the xsd file. Can anyone pls help m

• Customizing WYSIWYG to add command in tool bar.

hi All, i want to add a command in editor's tool bar which insert anchor tag and insert custom metadata as link (i have a custom metadata called xPortalLink which has auto generated link of data file on portal) inside editor. i suppose thr r 2 ways t

• Kernel upgrade - 640 patch level 247 - subsequent patches needed

Hi community, I recently upgraded the kernel of our system SAP ECC 5.0 to kernel release 640 patch level 247 I used the the two files EXE and EXEDB as I usually do in this cases. Unfortunately this kernel is affected with the problem described in not