System Information Shows only 1 Core instead of 2 Cores for Intel Core2 Duo CPU T9300

When i go to System information,It Displays Processor Details as Intel(TM) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU  T9300  @2.5Ghz, 2501 Mhz, 1Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s). I think that display is wrong, since the CPU must have 2 Cores, since it is Core2 Duo Processor. And according to Intel Specifications of Core2 Duo Processor T9300 has 2 cores and 2 Threads. My question is that Why System Information is displaying wrong information about the processor. All other information regarding RAM, Video Card is accurate. My System Configuration is "
Processor:-Intel Core2 Duo Processor T9300 @2.5Ghz, RAM:-3GB, Video Card:- Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS. OS:-Windows Vista Home Premium  Service Pack2
 Here  How it is displayed in System Information
OS Name          Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium 
Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 
Other OS Description    Not Available 
OS Manufacturer           Microsoft Corporation 
System Name   xxxxxxx 
System Manufacturer     Hewlett-Packard
System Model   HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC
System Type     X86-based PC
Processor         Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9300  @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date        Hewlett-Packard F.59, 25-11-2008
SMBIOS Version           2.4
Windows Directory        C:\Windows
System Directory          C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device      \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale  India
Hardware Abstraction Layer       Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
User Name        xxxxxxx
Time Zone         India Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)           3.00 GB
Total Physical Memory  3.00 GB
Available Physical Memory        1.15 GB
Total Virtual Memory      7.40 GB
Available Virtual Memory           5.78 GB
Page File Space            4.50 GB
Page File          C:\pagefile.sys
System Name and User Name is changed by me 
My doubt is that one of the 2 CORES might not be functioning. I am not sure since technically I am a Zero.
Any help is greatly appriciated
Thanking all

Quote from: empty_cups on 18-April-06, 21:06:41
And there is no reason to remove the battery since there is that little button you can push to clear the CMOS.
you might be amazed on how many times pushing the button it's just not enough.
Quote from: empty_cups on 18-April-06, 21:06:41
I doubt I would be writing you from this machine if I had flashed it with the BIOS for the wrong board 
no offense but how should i know that you don't have one more comp at home.
what was the previous problem you had with the mobo for which you needed a BIOS update?
edit: just remembered something. what PSU do you have?

Similar Messages

• MacBook Pro early 2011 System information shows only 2gb Ram installed but it came with 4gb  ??

I have an eary 2011 model of Macbook Pro. It had 4gb of ram installed on it but i recently checked the system information ans found that it only 2gb installed
    Please help me resolve this issue .

I'd say either a module fell out or died or was removed.

• I have a MacBook Pro that has an Intel Core Duo Processor but to upgrade to Lion OS X I need an Intel Core2 Duo. Can I upgrade?

I have a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard OS 10.6.8 but want to upgrade to Lion. My Mac that has an Intel Core Duo Processor (I know really outdated huh) but to upgrade to Lion OS X I need an Intel Core2 Duo. Can I upgrade or will it mess it up?

It actually shouldn't allow you to upgrade. Your configuration should be detected and then it should reject your attempt to upgrade.

• System information shows free space as taken up by apps

Hey all,
    I don't have any issues with the functionality of the drive, only that the free space shows up as used by apps.
    Any ideas why this could happen? If it's an app causing this I can let it go. Or is it 'System Information' who's misbehaving?
    Tried a disk repair in osx recovery, tried deleting large files, nothing changes it
    Thank you!
    Eddy

Re-index Macintosh HD.
       Spotlight reindexing will take a while to finish.
       System Preferences > Spotlight > Privacy
       http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2409
       You will see a new category  “Other” in the Storage Display.
       About “Other”:
       http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202867
    Note:
      If you don’t have Macintosh HD icon on the desktop,
      Finder > Preferences > General > Show these items on the desktop:
      Enable “Hard disks”.

• Satellite Pro A200 - Shows only 3GB instead 4GB RAM

Hi,
    2 years ago I got a Satellite Pro A200 as a business notebook and it runs with XP SP2, later with SP3. With 2 GB it shows 2 GB of memory in Windows - and I know it has a Radeon 7500 with 256MB of individual graphic memory, and it has no shared memory.
    I upgraded it to 4 GB, but Windows shows exactly 3 GB. BIOS shows 4 GB and the ATI system monitor shows 4 GB. I know that 4 GB is not possible in XP 32 bit, only on Windows 2003 R2 32 bit or Vista - but on desktop systems I have seen values between 3.3 and 3.7 GB.
    So where is the memory? It looks like a bug - the memory chips have both 2 GB I have verified this. Because it is a company notebook I can't just upgrade to XP 64 bit :-(
    In the BIOS are no options - first I thought it's the graphic card, but mine has independant graphics with own memory so the computer comes up with 2048 MB or 4096 after the upgrade.
    Shared memory would show about 1900 MB of RAM to the OS like my private EEEpc.

> I upgraded it to 4 GB, but Windows shows exactly 3 GB. BIOS shows 4 GB and the ATI system monitor shows 4 GB. I know that 4 GB is not possible in XP 32 bit, only on Windows 2003 R2 32 bit or Vista - but on desktop systems I have seen values between 3.3 and 3.7 GB.
    First of all 32bit OS (no matter if its XP, Win 2003 R2, Vista or Win 7) will not recognize 4GB RAM but only 3.2GB (and not 3.7GB)
    I have no idea where you looked for available RAM but you should run DXDIAG in RUN.
    Then you should get some details and also the available RAM.
    Secondly the graphic card supports Local cache (256MB) and HyperMemory.
    HyperMemory of the graphic card depends on the available main RAM memory.
    For example the unit supports 1024MB RAM (1GB) then the hyper memory would be 256MB this part of RAM would be shared with graphic card!
    This is the reason why the only 3GB are shown...
    PS: regarding such comments and a tip:
    > hey man please think before you answer.
    This is a community and all people here try to help each other so be always thankful for all kind of answers

• Browser shows only codes instead of graphics

Hi,
    I've got a problem
    When I test out (f12) my design, the window browser showed
    only html and my style sheet. Normally, I would see my graphics.
    Does this have anything to do with MYSQL and APACHE on ? I am
    using Wamp and dreamweaver cs

Post a link to the site if you hope to have someone figure it
    out..
    gary
    "RunRunforest" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've got a problem
    >
    > When I test out (f12) my design, the window browser
    showed only html and
    > my
    > style sheet. Normally, I would see my graphics.
    >
    > Does this have anything to do with MYSQL and APACHE on ?
    I am using Wamp
    > and
    > dreamweaver cs
    >
    >
    >

• My system information shows 232gb used as a "back up"on my internal hard drive even though I use time machines and a external hard drive.

Hi
    I have had my mac book pro for almost 6 months.  Whilst using a 500 gb portable hard drive with time machine, I was surprised to get a message saying there wasn't enough disk space to complete a back up.
    I brought another but started to look into why I had used so much space.  In system information I had this view. Can anyone help me find where to clear this back up which is taking up so much of my hard drive.
    Thank you
    Dan

Local Snapshots - About
    Local Snapshots on Portable Macs

• System goes read only, after reboot all is fine for a day or two

OK, so here's the problem, I got a new PC, all fanless, SSD hard and all.
    Works well for a day or so, then goes read only. For example - I come back from work, type something in the terminal and I get Input/Output Error. I cannot reboot, it says Input/Output Error as well.
    So I hard-reset it, it boots up, everything is fine again for a day or two.
    The HDD is Corsair CSSD-F40GB2, the MB is Gigabyte H55N-USB3, proc i3 540,
    The / and /home are both ext4 mounted with defaults,noatime,discard.
    I tried with/without discard.
    I also tried changing the SATA/power cables - same results.
    I also tried enabling/disabling features in BIOS like DMA/SMART/AHCI/compatibility stuff - same results.
    Here's a dmesg I managed to get (errors are near the end).
    http://pastebin.com/vJfdW90z
    And here's a smartctl -a /dev/sda:
    http://pastebin.com/eQxASEBM
    Any suggestions are welcome. Also is there some diagnostic app for Corsair SSD that I can run and check the drive?
    Cheers.

Well I don't recall how freshly booted, it was the only time that the system was read-only - giving input/output error to everything but dmesg was working so I saved it all to pastebin.
    The system is a PC so I never tried anything else different from poweroff/reboot (works fine).

• Qosmio X500 - 2 cores instead of 4 cores

Hi,
    I did a BIOS update (to 2.8.0) on my Qosmio X500-11z (PQX33E). I now see two cores instead of four in the bios and CPU-Z . Also the windows experience index for processor dropped from 7 to 5.6.
    Anybody else experiencing this? Could it be a problem with this bios version?
    Regards,
    PEter
    Problem fixed by going to cmd:
    msconfig -> boot options -> Advancend options -> Removed checkbox number of processors (4)

Hello
    Thats really interesting, thank you for this feedback, it would be interesting for other users too! :)

• X61s Bios shows 4 gig memory, System Prefs shows only 3....

I've got an X61s, and I just installed two 2 gig SODIMMs of PC2-5300 667 MHz memory..... The Bios shows 4 gig installed, but when I use the System function in the Control Panel, it only shows 3 Gig.... Any clue what's up?
    Thanks in advance....
    Matt

Yes. You're using a 32-bit version of XP or Vista, which can only use up to about 3GB max. Install a 64-bit version if you want to use all 4GB.
    I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!

• Dvd::rip using only 1 instead of 4 cores

Hello, fellow Archers!
    I've installed dvd::rip today and started transcoding my DVD's... And I saw a problem: It only uses one core at a time. The processor (I guess that it's not the program, which does that) is swapping the core being used every few seconds, but I can only see one core being pushed to it's 100%. Can I (and - if so - how to do that) set it up to use all 4 cores? It should speed up the process.
    I'm using it's default programs (mplayer, xine, etc.), although I'm using mplayer-vaapi. Is that the cause? Should I swap to default mplayer? Or maybe it's related to my system settings? Does it install all the programs to support 4 cores by default, or should I set something up?
    Cheers!
    TurekPolski
    Last edited by turekpolski (2012-02-22 23:00:33)

Have you tried HandBrake?

• HT4796 System information shows files on my brand new MBP that I can't see anywhere in Finder?

I'm brand new to Mac's. Very good with PC's but don't know my way around these machines very well. Bought a brand new pro today and started to do migration assistant at startup to transfer my itunes music and films from my windows pc to my mac over my network. I left it for 15 minutes and the bar didn't even move (transferring like 60gb) so I thought screw this and cancelled it on my pc (can't cancel on mac) and that canceled it on my mac too. I started over to just do my music as that's all that I really needed (10GB). Again it took too long so I canceled and thought I'd do it later and continued to set up my new mac. I then went into about this mac and under storage it says I have a load of files (below) but I can't find anything in Finder so where are they and are they some of my files that transferred over before I cancelled or are they system files (seems excessive to me to have over a gig of audio)
    Also when I go into finder and show all my files all I can see is this
    so where are all them files?
    Not tech savvy with Mac at all btw but I will be soon as I learn fast and am generally very good with computers

No, it is normal. As I have said, there is a large quantity of system files that come with your mac. 1.22gb of music covers default ringtones, alert sounds, etc. 5gb of apps covers the default applications included with your mac. The movies and photos are probably icons and other media included in applications. You really have nothing to worry about.
    If this was a decade ago you would and should worry, however things seem to be progresively getting larger.

• System.log shows (every 3 minutes): no valid selfIDs for more than 2 min

Besides having to live with A LOT of USB 2.0 problems since the upgrade from 10.4.6 to 10.4.7 (like may other people reported) I also noticed a lot of errormessages in /var/log/system.log, that have to do with the Apple 6 port Firewire/USB2.0 PCI card.
    When starting up the system a line gets written that says like:
    Aug 3 18:08:44 localhost kernel[0]: FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 10b9 ID 5253 PCI now active, GUID 0030bd05 18000d15; max speed s400.
    Then, when the machine is properly running the log continues:
    Aug 3 18:11:34 server kernel[0]: FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 10b9 ID 5253 PCI: no valid selfIDs for more than 2 minutes after bus reset.
    Aug 3 18:14:46 server kernel[0]: FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 10b9 ID 5253 PCI: no valid selfIDs for more than 2 minutes after bus reset.
    Aug 3 18:17:57 server kernel[0]: FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 10b9 ID 5253 PCI: no valid selfIDs for more than 2 minutes after bus reset.
    etc. etc. etc.
    That is about 1 line every 3 minutes.
    I only have 3 USB2.0 drives connected to my 6 port card, no Firewire devices!
    After trying all suggestions found on the Apple-site I simply kept getting these errors until: I plugged in a 'Target-Disk-Mode' PowerBook over a Firewire cable. Then the errors stopped showing up and the interface appears to be happy. I can even remove the PowerBook from the Firewire port now without getting any errors!

So, a workaround is to (temporarily if you wish) connect a Firewire-disk to the card. That will stop the errormessages from showing up.
    The solution has to come from Apple. Empty Firewire ports should be allowed to 'not send any valid selfIDs' ever...

• System Alerts  show different User in OAM than Requestor for C REQ

Hi,
    I would like to ask for your advise on System Alerts issue in OAM 2.3.1 (EBS 11.5.10.2).
    Screenshot:
    https://gtcr.oracle.com/gtcr-dir/gtcr_106036848/7031149.992/wrong_user_shown_in_system_alert_details.doc
    The screenshot presents system Alert Details screen
    Here you can notice that in the Alert in OAM screen the 'User' related to this certain Alert is called CT04845.
    The real user - requestor - was JW00162(seen from Concurrent->View screen in Oracle Forms).
    Is this invalid situation or correct?
    Which table stores Alert User? Which class/package populates this table?
    Should alert User be similar to Requestor?
    Also the Responsibility shown in alert details is incorrect.
    Neither of the users(CT04845, JW00162) has the 'Matman' responsibility assigned to them.
    Kindly advise.
    Thanks in advance,
    Wioletta

Hi Amithab,
    you can use badi CRM_BP_UIU_VIEW_CONFIG  of enhancement spot CRM_UIU_BP_ENHANCEMENT for your requirements. Please read the badi documentation because you need also a implementation of badi CRM_BP_UIU_CONFIG_CALLBACK (same spot). SAP considers badi CRM_BP_UIU_VIEW_CONFIG only for use at dynamically loading different configuartions of view details for business partners or contact persons at runtime. But you can use your badi implementation also for other views. You have to redefine method DO_CONFIG_DETERMINATION in your views. And call your badi from there. For this copy&paste the logic of DO_CONFIG_DETERMINATION of bp details to the views you have to load dynamically at runtime.
    We have used this approach for access controll and granting special access to views dependent on different employee functions.
    Best regards
    Michael

• Intel CPU T9300 @2.5 Ghz Core 2 Duo processor shows 1 core only

When i go to System information,It Displays Processor Details as Intel(TM) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU  T9300  @2.5Ghz, 2501 Mhz, 1Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s). I think that display is wrong, since the CPU must have 2 Cores, since it is Core2 Duo Processor. And according to Intel Specifications of Core2 Duo Processor T9300 has 2 cores and 2 Threads. My question is that Why System Information is displaying wrong information about the processor. All other information regarding RAM, Video Card is accurate. My System Configuration is "
    OS Name          Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
    Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
    Other OS Description    Not Available
    OS Manufacturer           Microsoft Corporation
    System Name   M K Rao
    System Manufacturer     Hewlett-Packard
    System Model   HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC
    System Type     X86-based PC
    Processor         Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9300  @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date        Hewlett-Packard F.59, 25-11-2008
    SMBIOS Version           2.4
    Windows Directory        C:\Windows
    System Directory          C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device      \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale  India
    Hardware Abstraction Layer       Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
    User Name        M K Rao
    Time Zone         India Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM)           3.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory  3.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory        1.15 GB
    Total Virtual Memory      7.40 GB
    Available Virtual Memory           5.78 GB
    Page File Space            4.50 GB
    Page File          C:\pagefile.sys
    Any help is greatly appriciated
    Thanking all
    MKRao

Your graph is probably set to show overall usage rather than each logical processor.
    Vista is old so I can't remember exactly but it's either right click on the graph or in the view drop down to change it

Maybe you are looking for