T400/T500 frame reliability in comparison with T22

Hello,
my good old venerable T22 has gone yesterday. When I see newest T400s I wonder where has gone famous Thinkpad T frame reliability. Where has gone all those frame "locks" on display which lock into the keyboard frame while display is closed and form sturdy enclosure. Now, at least T400*s* looks like ordinary XXX brand notebook with a visible space (from the side) between keyboad and display... and I'm really worried about its reliability. (so far I've just seen a lot of pictures, nothing more!)
Enough rant, I'd like to go ThinkPad route again. Please recommend me one which is really reliable either T or R I think might do. I would prefer 4:3 display ratio if it's still available on any model. Please also share your views on recent T/R line reliability, since this is the most important point.
Thanks!
Karel

they'd be just as reliable. the reason why they're different is because yamato labs changed strategies regarding protection. they used to have an exoskeleton (like your t22 with the frames, or t41's titanium cover), but now they have an endoskeleton (like a roll cage in a car).
i've previously stood on my t400s, and it still works fine. and i was 170lbs back then, so i'm not too bothered about the frame reliability.
T400s - 2815RW1 + Win7 Ultimate
Don't pm me for help! That's what the forum is for. Also, Google's nicer than me. Ask him.

Similar Messages

• Updated Drivers / Proper OpenGL Support for T400/T500 Models with Switchable Graphics

Dear Lenovo, Dear interested users,
    when will an updated switchable graphics driver for Windows Vista (and also Win7, they are both quite outdated) finally be available? The drivers are completely outdated!
    With the current driver for Windows Vista (Version 8.563.2.1-090401a-079160C) only a fraction of OpenGL extensions are supported:
    The internal Intel GMA 4500MHD can only Handle OpenGL 1.1 (instead of OpenGL 2.1 it is certified for). Therefore most applications needing OpenGL won't run.
    The dedicated ATI Radeon 3470 only supports OpenGL 2.1 (instead of OpenGL 3.1 it is certified for).
    You can verify this behavior with the utility "OpenGL Extensions Viewer".
    I hope Lenovo didn't close the chapter switchable graphics for T400/T500 systems. It would be a shame for a company claiming to be a leader in business computing to deliver such poor driver-support.
    In hopeful expectance of updated drivers,
    Patrick

I'm having the same problems.  Is anyone reading this?

• R400/T400/T500/W500: display driver "amdkmdap" crashes

Executive summary: All current Lenovo ThinkPads with switchable graphics (R400, T400, T500, and W500) have usability issues in connection with Vista and the use of external monitors. For more than half a year, users were plagued by frequent Windows crashes. During that time frame, Lenovo did not comment on the various available reports and complaints. By the end of April 2009, Lenovo resolved many issues by releasing a new official driver. Though several problems, including severe ones, remain as of today. Lenovo has said to be actively working on the remaining issues (without outcomes so far).
    Important information for affected users: If you're having one of the issues reported here, then Lenovo advises you to call your local Lenovo Support. Demand that a case is submitted to hardware engineering. In particular, you should ask for "a CMVC case to be created and escalated". Using these "code words" ensures that your case is properly addressed.
    Old problem description
    On Vista 32 and Vista 64, the ATI display driver "amdkmdap" crashes when an external monitor was active before OR an application (game) using DirectX technology is used. The user typically receives a couple of so-called "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) messages from Vista:
    (Click here for an explanation of the message from Microsoft)
    Sometimes, amdkmdap crashes several times in a row. Then Windows crashes with a so-called "BSOD", likely resulting in data loss. Typically, Windows detects "atikmpag.sys" as the crashing driver. Sometimes, also an instantaneous reboot happens independent of prior TDR crashes. In such a case, no BSOD is displayed.
    The following movie illustrates the phenomenon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBX9QsCmrpY
    This behavior above has been confirmed for the following ThinkPad models: R400, T400, T500, and W500 (see below). Problem reports indicate that the symptoms are often related to playing games and/or the notebook being docked and the external monitor being connected via DVI.
    Though, the presence of these two conditions is not necessary to trigger the driver crash:
    There are reports where no dock was involved and the external monitor was connected directly to the notebook's VGA port.
    Furthermore, there are reports where the notebook was docked and an external monitor was connected to the DVI port.
    So far, there has been no report relating to a monitor being connected to the Display Port which is available on some models. (Possibly because this port is not used.)
    There are a few reports where neither a dock nor an external monitor was involved.
    Playing certain games reliably triggers the crash.
    Steps to reproduce
    While intially (around September 2008 - October 2008) the crash could be triggered easily, the situation is now (December 2008) more complex. The crashes do still occur, though there is no clear pattern anymore. According to various reports, the display driver crash can be triggered as follows:
    Resuming from standby
    Watching a DVD.
    Playing one of these games: Fallout 3, Bioshock, Team Fortress 2, Knights of the Old Republic.
    Arbitrarily during normal work. On a normal working day, the problem occurs at least once.
    Further issues
    Here are more issues which seem to be related. More information can be found in other posts of this thread:
    The notebook display and/or the external monitor runs at a low resolution after resuming from standby.
    After the login both monitors flicker while adjusting the resolution of the monitor.
    The external monitors cannot be activated using Presentation Director.
    The external monitor is blank after docking or undocking.
    There are some reports about display driver crashes on machines running Windows XP.
    The switchable graphics drivers limit the useable RAM under Vista 32 to 2.5GB (i.e. 500MB-1GB less than usual).
    Workarounds
    Lenovo has released a new "tip" document which provides a link to a new driver. Get it here but be sure to read the instructions!
    (Old tips follow below the line. Consider them as obsolete.)
    Here are some tips which might make the problem occur less often. I have not tried all of them. Though, A. and B. have improved the situation for me; your mileage may vary.
    A. If you do not have to use an external monitor, then switch to Intel graphics for time being.
    Otherwise:
    B. Make some changes to your system:
    Disable Aero.
    Create a new profile in the power manager with the following setting: When running on AC, turn off the monitor after 40 minutes. (Thereby, the notebook goes less often to standby.)
    Install the newest graphics drivers.
    Install the newest BIOS.
    Install the newest Hotkey utility.
    Install the newest drivers.
    C. Disable the switchable graphics in the BIOS setup and install modded drivers from ATI (see zilla's post in this thread for instructions).
    The last workaround (C.) has been confirmed to work reliably by several users. Though, thereby you use drivers which have not been tested by Lenovo. It's possible (but not very likely) that damage results by doing so. Also, it might be difficult to install a future Lenovo driver which resolves the issues reported here. Finally, you cannot use the power-saving Intel graphics. Thus, you should only use this workaround if you know what you are doing.
    The programs can be downloaded from the following locations. Notice that System Update does not always offer you immediately the lastest versions.
    R400 and T400 users: Go here.
    T500 and W500 users: Go here.
     User opinions
    "Is there any chance this will be fixed, or should I just get used to my "workstation-class" machine crashing regularly?"
    "I [am] thinking about to sell my w500 if this problems won't be fixed in the next weeks."
    "I've got a T400 w/ Vista 64 and I'll say the Switchable drivers on it S[**]K bad."
    "Unfortunately for Lenovo, our IT Manager is at the point of a awarding a new and rather substantial Enterprise Agreement for our whole organization's PC's, which included a rollout of many new PC's for 2009. The contract was going to go to Lenovo. He mumbled something about HP when I asked him about the state of affairs with my PC... [O]ur firm's IT Manager decided to return all the faulty Lenovo's for a refund and would replace them with HP's."  
    "Is someone from Lenovo paying attention[?]"
    "i'm getting angry with ati and lenovo."
    "there are no new drivers and no ETA for a fix."
    "ThinkPads are supposed to be good, so you'd think there wouldn't be a problem like this."
    "honestly it is completely unacceptable for lenovo to have done nothing this long. I paid extra to get the ATI card, and now I can't hook up my laptop to an external monitor without it crashing. I will probably end up selling the laptop soon since using an external monitor is extremely important to me and lenovo doesn't seem to care about fixing the situation."
    Update:
    - Lenovo support has informed me today (2008-10-24) that they are working on the problem.- changed subject (was: Major troubles with DVI-port and a T400) to reflect new information.- changed message body to reflect new information
    - See MIGR-70490 (dated 2008-09-21) for an official statement from Lenovo.
    - 2008-11-15: The problems are still present and there is still no ETA for a fix.
    - As expected, also R400 models are affected. See below for reports.
    - 2008-11-26: Still no word from Lenovo when the problem will be fixed. Added information on (partial) workarounds.
    - 2008-12-03: Lenovo updated MIGR-70490. Though, problems persist.
    - 2008-12-13: Updated problem description on the basis of new reports.
    - 2008-12-16: Updated problem description on the basis of new reports.
    - 2009-01-07: Updated problem description on the basis of new reports. Still no word from Lenovo. I called Lenovo's customer service in the Netherlands and was promised to receive a callback. Though, so far they didn't (want to) get back to me.
    - 2009-01-08: Updated workaround description on the basis of new reports.
    - 2009-01-10: Updated executive summary on the basis of new reports.
    - 2009-01-14: Updated problem description on the basis of new reports (movie).
    - 2009-01-19: Updated workaround section.
    - 2009-01-21: Happy birthday MIGR-70490! It's now 4 months. Updated workaround section. I called Lenovo's customer service in the Netherlands again.
    - 2009-01-22: Added section "User opinions"
    - 2009-01-23: Updated problem description on the basis of new reports.
    - 2009-01-24: Small updates.
    - 2009-02-02: Small updates.
    - 2009-02-03: Changes to section "Executive summary". Added section "Important information for affected users".
    - 2009-02-04: Update to section "Credits".
    - 2009-02-19: Update to section "Credits".
    - 2009-02-27: Quick update to "Executive summary" and "Workarounds".
    - 2009-03-10: Quick updates to section "Executive summary" and "Important information for affected users".
    - 2009-03-21: Quick update to "Executive summary"
    Credits
    Workaround "Aero off": Bubbi, TonyK
    Workaround "Modded ATI drivers": jtull89,  zilla
    Thanks to Mark_Lenovo and Confederate for their work behind the scenes 
    Thanks to feedback from: ajgiordano, Andy_7575, ben2e, brettgri, bri0831, Brimstar, Bubbi, CodeNameSly, cpueschner, dandill, diablo2man, ewilansky, gaccounts, gan, gandalf7, golffreaksi, Homer, hubertlam, Jiraiya, johnsonjf, jordan_moss, jmark, jtull89, kbarina, lenardg, lukest, misitmichaelf, mlb, MMetts, ojisan, pendaluent, Qot, rmccallen, sarnil, shaofengsd, Snakecharmed, StephanK, tarzan23, Texas1040, TheNewNumber2, TonyK, trickyDick, vedman, Vitalus, Waschbecken, xpnet, xrafx, zilla, ZPrime
     (Please don't expect that this list is complete. I am not paid to keep it accurate and complete and, actually, I have a life besides writing about Lenovo's problems. )
    Original post
    Hi there!
    I have major troubles using a Dell 2709W monitor with my T400. 
    The notebook is attached to a Advanced Mini Dock to which the monitor is connected via DVI.
     The problems are as follows.
    A. Activating the external monitor often fails
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Attach a Dell 2709W via DVI to an Advanced Mini Dock which is connected to a T40
    2. Start Windows and make sure that the T400 is running on the ATI card.
    => Dell monitor enters power saving mode because no signal is coming.
    3. In Windows use either the Presentation Director, Windows, or the ATI tools to activate the Dell monitor.
    Expected result: The Dell monitor is activated and the Windows desktop is shown on it.
    Actual result: It takes 1-3 seconds for the Dell monitor to display something. The monitor shows the Windows desktop for a short period. Then it's black again and the monitor returns to the power saving mode .
    Analysis: It seems that the Presentation Director, Windows, or the ATI tools (or more aptly, I guess, the ATI driver) expect a quick response from the DVI-port that a monitor is present. If they do not receive the response, the DVI-port is deactivated again. Since the monitor is too slow to respond and enters the power saving mode too quickly, the monitor can hardly ever be activated.
    Suggested change: Change these tools (or the ATI driver) so that they wait longer for a response on the DVI-port.
    B. Resuming from monitor sleep causes Windows to fall back to a low resolution if the Dell monitor was activated before
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Attach a Dell 2709W via DVI to an Advanced Mini Dock which is connected to a T400
    2. Start Windows and make sure that the T400 is running on the ATI card.
    3. Select the Energy Star profile
    4. Activate the Dell monitor
    5. Don't use Windows until the notebook display and the Dell monitor are set to sleep by Windows.
    6. Wake up the displays (e.g. by pressing some keys)
    Expected result: Both displays are run in the display mode as before.
    Actual result: The Dell monitor still sleeps. The notebook displays is run at a lower resolution (I guess 800x600). The Windows login prompt is not visible and it has to be guessed that it is shown. Though the typical Windows login background is visible. If the password is entered, then Windows can be used again. Though, the resolution is still low and the Dell monitor still sleeps.
    Analysis: It seems that by sending the Dell monitor to sleep, the monitor deactivates the DVI-interface or enters a low-power interface mode. This seems to disturb some component in Windows (the Presentation Director, Windows, the ATI tools, the ATI driver) in a way that Windows only activates the notebook display when it resumes from "monitor sleep".
    Suggested change: Change these tools (or the ATI driver) so that they can cope with the situation that the DVI-interface is deactivated and wait longer for the interface to be in a useable state. Reactivate an external monitor even if it "sleeps very deeply".
    Relevant system information
    - T400 2767-CTO (T9400, 2x2GB RAM, ATI, WXGA+ LED)
    - Advanced Mini Dock
    - Vista 32 Business (German) - fully updated
    - All Lenovo updates via System Update are installed- Dell 2709W
    - The system runs the ATI graphic card in the described scenarios
    Message Edited by Izmi on 05-21-2009 10:34 AM
    Message Edited by Izmi on 06-29-2009 03:13 PM
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Lenovo support made me reinstall presentation director to rule out this component as a factor. After the reinstallation, the amdkmdap-problem is still present. Letting Windows go to standby and waking the system up afterwards, is a reliable method in my case to reproduce the problem on condition that an external monitor was active. The problem does not occur if no external monitor is present.
    A web search for "amdkmdap", "atikmpag","BSOD" with one of the ThinkPad-series names (like "T400") shows that other persons also have this problem with R400s, T400s, T500s, and W500s:
    - t400: Display driver crashes
    - W500 Display Driver
    - My W500
    - T400 Display driver stopped working...
    - T500 Video/Video Driver Issues (2056-4SU)
    - NUS T400 issues
    - T400 Display Driver Issue
    - Vista64 + 4GB RAM + External Display = BSOD
    - R400 problem report (in Chinese)
    - T500 problem report (in Chinese)
    - Bioshock keeps crashing (seems related)
    -  Vista x64, ATI graphics, dock + external LCD = bluescreens? (a report by a W500 user)
    - many problems with lenovo w500
    - another R400 problem report (in Chinese)
    -  Vista BSOD on Lenovo T500 with new Switchable Graphics
    - switchable graphics and external monitor through port replic
    - Problem with Lenovo T500 notebook & external LCD
    - Lenovo ThinkPad T400 - some impressions.
    - T400 freezes with graphics Intense programes
    - Standard Laptop mit ein paar Macken (in German)
    Some possibly related Non-Lenovo cases: 
    - Why Vista crashes so often when dual display is enabled?
    - Vista and 7.3 Display driver atikmdag stopped responding error
    - 4870 vista x64 multi-mon = atikdmag BOOM
    In the cases in which people observe the "amdkmdap"-problem and describe the circumstances, the use of an external monitor is always a factor. These other reports also indicate that it is likely not an issue with the hardware of my notebook (or then a general problem for many batches of these machine types). For it happens a) on many systems and b) on different kinds of systems.
    If others want to contribute to the problem solution, then we should provide Lenovo and ATI a good problem description. So, please add your description.
    Message Edited by Izmi on 02-03-2009 11:53 AM

• T400 & T500 Battery size - what sticks out and what doesn't? *EMBEDDED IMAGES*

I've been seeing a lot of discussion around the various notebook communities about batteries, and wanted to take a moment to discuss them. The big question on everybody's mind is: which batteries fit flush on the new T400 & T500, and which don't?
    I'm still trying to get accurate measurements of how far the batteries stick out the back of these machines and I will update this post when I have them. I just wanted to get this out there to hopefully answer people's questions sooner than later. 
    Lastly, please note this information applies to R400 & R500 as well. 
    Edit Saw this question out there and I updated the info below to show the extra mount of runtime one battery has over another. Obviously your runtime will vary based on usage, but given the capacity of the battery, one can derive how much longer it will run at a given usage level. 
    also, anyone know how much longer the life is on a 9 cell vs a 6 cell? 
    8/14 Edit - Added all battery measurements except 9-cell. Stay tuned. Note that I also included the total depth of the battery, which is how I calculated how far the batteries stick out. (Depth of larger battery) - (Depth of flush battery) = amount sticking out. I'm normally good with numbers and a calculator, but if I made a mistake feel free to correct me.
    8/18 Edit - The measurements for the 9-cell battery are now below, and added photo comparing two systems. Thanks to Matt Kohut for having the systems and the camera.
    T400
    Short answer - the batteries are the same on T61 and R61 14.1" widescreen:
    4-cell: Flush
    6, 7, 9-cell: Sticks out
    (Note: The 7-cell battery is actually replaced by the 9-cell now)
    Long answer:
    Length sticking out back of system:
    4-cell: 0 inches (1.57 inches deep)
    6-cell: 1 inch (2.57 inches deep)
    7-cell: 1.08 inches (2.65 inches deep)
    9-cell: 1.47 inches (3.04 inches deep)
    Part number:
    4-cell: 41U3196
    6-cell: 41U3198
    7-cell: 41U3197
    9-cell: 43R2499
    Capacity in Wattage-hours:
    4-cell: 37.44
    6-cell: 56.16 50% longer run-time than 4-cell
    7-cell: 74.88 100% longer run-time than 4-cell, 33% longer than 6-cell
    9-cell: 84.24 125% > 4-cell, 50% > 6-cell, 12.5% > 7-cell
    Important note about 9-cell on T400: As some of you have noted, this battery is uniquely shaped as shown in the photo below. This was done to allow for the increased run-time of the 9-cell battery while still fitting in all of our docking stations. Note that we are no longer offering the 7-cell battery for purchase with new systems and it will not be something offered going forward, you may still be able to purchase it from your local Lenovo teams or resellers/business partners. Contact them directly to find out.
    Note: These pictures are of a T61, but you get the idea...
    6-cell T61 on top, 9-cell T400 on bottom
    T500
    Short answer - the batteries are the same on T61 and R61 15.4" widescreen/14.1" standard:
    6-cell: Flush
    9-cell: Sticks out
    Long answer:
    Length sticking out back of system:
    6-cell: 0 inches (2.3 inches deep)9-cell: 0.83 inches (3.13 inches deep)
    Part number:
    6-cell: 40Y6799
    9-cell: 40Y6797
    Capacity in Wattage-hours:
    6-cell: 56.16
    9-cell: 84.24 50% longer runtime than 6-cell
    Message Edited by Tim_Lenovo on 08-13-2008 02:53 PM
    Message Edited by Tim_Lenovo on 08-13-2008 02:54 PM
    Message Edited by Tim_Lenovo on 08-13-2008 03:02 PM
    Message Edited by Tim_Lenovo on 08-14-2008 05:38 PM
    Message Edited by Tim_Lenovo on 08-14-2008 05:39 PM
    Message Edited by Tim_Lenovo on 08-18-2008 02:51 PM
    Message Edited by Tim_Lenovo on 09-12-2008 11:04 AM
    Tim Supples
    Lenovo Social Media
    Got a question? Don't PM me, post it on the forum!
    Lenovo Blogs
    X60 Tablet SXGA+ primary, Z61p fully loaded workhorse

The part number for my 6-cell battery that I received on my system configuration differs than the one that you have listed.
     42V9338   SBB 6 CELL LI-ION BATERRY 
    Could it be that T61 batteries are backwards compatible with the T400 and that the T400 also has new batteries?
    From looking at the lenovo site to order the T400 it does suggest that 6 cell sticks out but I feel that it could be one of the many errors (although many have been fixed) on the site. 
    If you look at tabook.pdf the T61 with a 6 cell has a depth of 10.2 inches whereas the T400 with a 6cell has a depth of 9.4 inches suggesting that the 6cell on the T400 would sit fairly flush with the back of the notebook.  I find it hard to believe that the T400 with a 4cell battery has a depth of 8.5 or so inches.
    Any further information would be appreciated

• Comparison with other authoring tools

Most of the time people get into one authoring tool like Encore, DVD Studio Pro, Sonic Solutions Authoring packages, ...
    I have the feeling with Encore 2.0 that it is not a professional package (but of course I could be wrong);
    a lot of possibilities, but not reliable and the result is not very professional.
    Subtitles don't look too great,
    a lot of bugs, really a lot,
    seamless transitions between animited menus,
    I'm curious to hear comparisons with other solutions which are professional, to orient and know more about the differences and similarities.
    DaLuna

DVDit is ghastly.
    Encore is based on Sonic's DVD Producer, but has had a lot more of the options "Switched on" in the Authorcore. Plus of course it has a far better GUI compared to the Sonic one.
    Scenarist is seriously good, but seriously expensive, and as it is not an abstraction layer tool, it has it's own unique issues as well.
    If you want to try your hand with the scripting side of things, then you should have a look at DVD-Lab Pro.
    It's about to go to version 2, which will include goodies like Multi angle, Button Over Video, that sort of thing.
    It's only drawbacks compared to Encore are:
    1 - No DLT output.
    2 - No built-in Transcoding. You MUST feed it with DVD compliant assets.
    3 - Poor PSD support
    4 - No integration with other Adobe products
    BUT, it is well worth a look at $200

• T400 & T500 Express Card Adapter Malfunction

I purchased an express card to compact flash adapter for use with my T400 running Windows 7.   My machine will not recognize the express card or the compact flash and sometimes the machine will hang up when I insert the express card.  I also tried the express card adapter in a T500 running Windows 7 with the same result.  Has any one had this problem and how did you resolve it?  I have looked for new drivers and haven't found any.

Re: Reading SDHC drives on the T400/T500.
    Isn't there a separate slot specifically for SD drives right below the express card slot on your machine?  If so, you don't need to use an express adapter to read the SDHC drive, just plug the SD drive.  My T400 works fine when I use that slot with an SD drive.  The laptop just doesn't recognize an express card.  Since my Canon EOS 7 camera uses compact flash drives, I need to either use an express card adapter or a USB adapter.  The USB to compact flash adapter works fine, but I hate to have a dongle hanging out of the computer that can break off.  It would be so much better to use the express card adapter which mostly fits into the laptop.
    Until Lenovo eliminated the PCMCIA slot, I used to use a PCMCIA adapter with a compact flash drive.  This combination completely fit inside the laptop and funtioned well on these laptops: A21p, T40, and T60.  But computer people can't ever leave things that work well alone.  Now that I have the more advanced T400, I can't use the PCMCIA adapter and the express card adapter card doesn't work.  PROGRESS.

• Limitations of hyper-v in windows 8.1 in comparison with windows 2012 R2

Hi frineds
    i am looking for a link or document to find out the limitations of hyper-v in windows 8.1 in comparison with windows 2012 R2. but i was unable to find a good link.
    may someone please help ? 

check out the "Client Hyper-V Survival Guide"
    http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/hh857623.aspx
    There a few features included in Windows Server  Hyper-V that are not included in Client Hyper-V. These include:
    Remote FX capability to virtualize GPUs (software GPU in RDP 8)
    Live VM migration
    Hyper-V Replica
    SR-IOV networking
    Synthetic fibre channel.
    Shared VHDx
    Udo
    beside the limitations the Hyper-V itself is the same Code
    http://www.altaro.com/hyper-v/introduction-client-hyper-v/
    Hi
    useful. thanks a lot

• How to Create an Input Schedule Comparison with Data Using EVDRE

Hello,
    I try implement the scenario described in "How to Create an Input Schedule Comparison with Data Using EVDRE".
    Once I am using the "Insert Function" from the panel and selecting the EVTIM function Excel crashes (see page 8 How to paper).
    Systems:
    BPC 7.0 NW SP02
    Office 2007
    BPCADminClient and BPCOfficeClient up to date
    Have anyone a solution?
    Thanks
    Oktay

Hi Oktay -
    This function works in my BPC70NW SP02 system. Your issue might be that you are trying to access a TIME member that does not exist. Please make sure the offset value is a valid dimension member.
    I can confirm that EVTIM does allow the offset for base members (such as 2009.MAY) as well as parent nodes (such as 2009.Q1 or 2008.TOTAL)... BUT...the offset result of the EVTIM function needs to be a valid dimension member!
    Regards,
    Sheldon

• Find a text frame on the page with script label

hello to all
    I need to create a script to
    find a text frame on the page with script label "xxx"
    and read its contents into a variable.
    The content of the text frame is a number.
    thanks

Hi Roberto,
    Welcome to the forum,
    This will find the labeled textFrame on the active page.
    var myLabel = "Foo", // change to label
          myPage = app.properties.activeWindow && app.activeWindow.activePage,
          myTextFrames = myPage.textFrames.everyItem().getElements().slice(0),
          l = myTextFrames.length,
          myVariable
    while (l--) {
        if (myTextFrames[l].label != myLabel) continue;
        myVariable = myTextFrames[l].contents;
        break; // presuming there's only one "Foo" labeled frame on the page
        // Otherwise you'll nead an array
    alert(myVariable)
    Trevor

• What's the smallest, coolest phone that syncs reliably over BT with iSync?

I've been using a Treo 600 & 650 for the last several years. I've been very pleased with it, and it syncs reliably to Address Book and iCal. I'm now out of contract with Sprint and can change carriers if I wish. I don't really need the larger PDA phone and would consider something smaller that syncs reliably over BT with iSync?
    Any recommendations?
    QB12

1) Some revisions of motorola phones have a problem over BT so if you have on of these revisions you will have to use USB
    2) On Motorola phone, one contact is one phone number (it's Motorola's out-dated database, you can't change it). However, Motorola is aware of this problem so it included a way in the phone's Address Book settings to "coalesce" phone numbers that have the same contact name.

• Inquiry quantity comparison with last week same day

hi,
    i have a report to generate in BW, which needs to compare today's inquiry quantity with last week's same day quantity.
    for example. week2 monday comparison with week1 monday comparison.
    how to achieve in BEx to generate this report?
    regards
    venuscm

Hi,
    Create two variables on 0CALDAY.
    1. For Current date
    2. For the correspodning date of the last week.( Same day as of current week)
    For the second variable , deduct 7 from the system date. it will give you the date of the same day in the last week.
    For e.g. system date is 10.05.2010 . and its a Monday.
    If you deduct 7 from the date it will give the date of the monday in the last week.
    Now create tow selection in the query structure one with current date variable and another one with the corresponding date of the last week.
    N compare them.
    Hope this will help.
    -Jaimin

• Fonts behave different in Photoshop in comparison with Illustrator

I have a problem: it seems that some fonts behave different in Photoshop CS than in Illustrator CS on my Windows XP. Where Illustrator opens a vector (Ill) EPS file correct Photoshop shows me wrong characters sometimes: for example: an é becomes a wrong character: Capital O with a stroke through it. Frutiger was used.
    My question is: where does Photoshop behave different reading fonts in comparison with Illustrator?

Perhaps you forgot to embed the font?
    Here comes an example, using characters  with accents.
    The font is GillSans-Schoolbook. The font or subset is embedded.
    The file extension TXT should be replaced by EPS after downloading.
    The EPS doesn't contain a preview image.
    The file is correctly handled by
    Photoshop CS2 (opened)
    InDesign CS2 (placed)
    Illustrator CS2 (opened)
    PSAlter (PostScript interpreter by Quite)
    All characters with accents are missing in
    Word 2007 (insert graphic)
    http://www.fho-emden.de/~hoffmann/buffel-7-sRGB-Dokument.txt
    Best regards --Gernot Hoffmann

• Reliable car Bluetooth with FM transmitter ..

Hello,
    I am using voice dialing on my Droid X and it works just fine.
    I wanted to buy a good car Bluetooth with FM transmitter and found that Satechi car kit is one of the best. Actually it provides decent quality of sound but it has extremely poor voice recognition feature i.e.. very often it fails to recognize commands and etc and I'm going to return it back.
    Could  someone recommend me one reliable car Bluetooth with FM transmission for my Droid X which has could voice recognition feature?
    Thanks.

I do not suggect you use a FM reciever for this because I have noticed to much interferance, If you have a inout jack on your unit (RCA or Headphone) I sugest using a Jabra Clipper Bluetooth Stereo Headset (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=12253&accessoryId=46299) because the sound qualith is actually stero not anolag mono signal like the FM transmitter... My device automatically connects when I get in car and the device has a built in mic for hands free use.
    But if you perfer a FM Transmitter you can use a Jabra Cruiser In-Car Bluetooth Speakerphone (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=11962&accessoryId=44787) and just allow it to use the speaker on device because sound quality is clearer and lest distortion...  It has a FM Transmitter built in but I really was not impressed with Transmitter quailty, I went through every radio channel hoping to get a better outcome but I had no luck and bought the Jabra Clipper Bluetooth Stereo Unit and been happy since.

• I'm looking for a digital picture frame that is compatible with the iPhone 5 and 4S.  I was looking at the Panasonic MW-20 but from what I can see I don't think it is.  Any information would be great!  Looking to buy a replacement frame for Christmas.

I'm looking for a digital picture frame that is compatible with the iPhone 5 and 4S.  I was looking at the Panasonic MW-20 but from what I can see I don't think it is.  Any information would be great.  Looking to buy a replacement for Christmas.  Thanks!

Hi - the new lightning connector on the iPhone 5 has an authentication chip so very few 3rd party manufacturers have come out with compatible devices - so I doubt that you will find a frame that works for both phones - however Apple has come out with 2 apapters - one is a cable and one is a direct 30 pin to lightning device - you would have to check out each frame to see if one of these might work - I looked at the Panasonic and it looks promising but I would check the return policy of anything that you buy in a case it doesn't work.

• Cannot use comparisons with column column references in pool and cluste

Hi Experts,
    I  am facing an issue in a select statement written in 4.6 version and in that the table is a transparent table but when porting it to ECC6.0, it gives the follwing error:
    You cannot use comparisons with column column references in pool and cluster tables:'A~MATNR'. refe
    The select statement is as below:
    SELECT akschl alifnr amatnr aekorg awerks aesokz
             aknumh adatbi a~datab
             bmtart bmatkl
            b~yybcezndr " Commented as not required(IDE)
             cwerks cmmsta c~herkl
                INTO CORRESPONDING FIELDS OF TABLE  gt_a017
                FROM a017 AS a
               INNER JOIN mara AS b
                ON bmatnr = amatnr
                 INNER JOIN marc AS c
                   ON cmatnr = bmatnr
                  AND cwerks = awerks
                 INNER JOIN lfa1 AS d
                 ON dlifnr = alifnr
                WHERE a~kappl  = 'M'           AND
                      a~lifnr IN s_lifnr              AND
                      a~matnr IN s_matnr        AND
                      a~ekorg IN s_ekorg        AND
                     a~kschl  = v_kschl        AND
                      a~kschl  = gv_kschl       .
    Kindly help me out in this as A017 is a pooled table in ECC 6.0 . Thanks in advance!!!
    Thanks and Best Regards,
    Sahil

Hi Sahil,
    Refer below code
    SELECT KSCHL LIFNR MATNR EKORG WERKS ESOKZ
           KNUMH DATBI DATAB
      FROM A017
      INTO IT_A017 " internal Table
      WHERE KAPPL = 'M' AND
            LIFNR IN S_LIFNR AND
            MATNR IN S_MATNR AND
            EKORG IN S_EKORG AND
    *         kschl = v_kschl AND
            KSCHL = GV_KSCHL .
      IF IT_A017[] IS NOT INITIAL.
        SELECT MATNR MTART MATKL
              FROM MARA
          INTO TABLE IT_MARA" internal Table
          FOR ALL ENTRIES IN IT_A017
          WHERE MATNR = IT_A017-MATNR.
        SELECT MATNR WERKS MMSTA HERKL
          FROM MARC
          INTO TABLE IT_MARC" internal Table
          WHERE MATNR = IT_A017-MATNR AND
                WERKS = IT_A017-WERKS.
        SELECT LIFNR
          FROM LFA1
          INTO IT_LFA1" internal Table
          WHERE LIFNR = IT_A017-LIFNR.
        ENDIF.
    After this use READ statement and fill the data in final internal table..
    Please search on SCN for more information about how to use FOR ALL ENTRIES..
    Hope it will solve your problem..
    Thanks & Regards
    ilesh 24x7
    ilesh Nandaniya

Maybe you are looking for