T61 and external Samsung SyncMaster T190

I'm trying to configure my T61 to work with an external screen - a Samsung SyncMaster T190.   What I want is the same desktop to appear on both screens, with the resolution of 1400x1050 on the Thinkpad,  and 1440x900 (the best resolution) on the Samsung.
I can only seem to get these resolutions to work if I go to dual-mode, splitting the desktop over both monitors.  If I go to clone mode,  (same desktop on both monitors) it chooses a maximum resolution of 1360x768 for both screens which looks horrible on the Samsung.
I got to a point (by fluke) that I had 1440x900 on both,  which was ok,  but I can't seem to replicate that again since I rebooted.  I can also get 1440x900 on the Samsung if I choose it to be the main screen, with no display on the laptop.
Not too clever with this sort of stuff.  What do I need to do,  or is this just not possible?
Thanks

Does the problem go away after short period of time?
It should work fine with direct HDMI connection.
Have you tried another cable and reseating the connectors on both ends?
You can call Apple since yo have 90 days of free telephone support
Complimentary Support (USA)

Similar Messages

• C30 and Samsung SyncMaster 2243BW in VGA

Hi, 
    I got a C30 and a Samsung SyncMaster 2243BW, i use VGA to connect the screen.
    I got the message on my screen :
    Not optimum mode. Recommended 1680x1050 60Hz Analogic (the image is from internet but it the same.
    I use an adaptateur DVI VGA and a VGA cable
    I have on the samsung an DVI-D • VGA input.
    I need to buy an new cable to avoid this screen ?
    Thanks

OK, so you have a C30 with a K4000 card (not the embedded solutions you mentioned earlier).
    Here are the resolution specs for the K4000:
    Max DP 1.2 resolution = 3840x2160 @60Hz
    Max DVI-I dual link resolution = 2560x1600 @60Hz
    Max DVI-I single link resolution = 1920x1200 @60Hz
    Max VGA resolution = 2048x1536 @ 85Hz
    All of these resolutions exceed the recommended resolution of your display, so you should be able to drive your display at the max recommended resolution.  If it's not doing it automatically, I would say there is something in your cabling between the display and the graphics card that's causing the issue.  
    I'd recommend directly connecting the display with a good quality cable using no dongles/converters if possible.  If you must use a dongle/converter, I'd recommend making sure the specs of that dongle line up with the resolution you're trying to achieve.

• Can't connect Powermac G5 to samsung syncmaster S22A300B

Hi there,
    I bought a Powermac G5 (april,2005) and a Samsung syncmaster S22A300B screen. When i connect the mac to the screen with a VGA cable all i get is a black screen, but somehow it recognizes that it is connected. When I connect the mac to the TV everything works just fine. Any idea what i can do?
    Thanks in advane

Thanks.
    It indeed pretty much looks like the Samsung screen is somewhat broken. Guess I have to bring it back to the store and ask for a new one.
    Fabian

• Samsung SyncMaster P2770HD doesn't want to work with new MacBook Air

I have a (pre-unibody) MacBook Pro and a Samsung SyncMaster P2770HD. I just picked up a MacBook Air with a MiniDisplay Port to DVI adapter. The monitor works fine with my older Pro but when I connect using the adapter to my Air, the monitor doesn't work. The monitor momentarily lights up and complains that it's not receiving a signal.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    Dan

Hello there - did you end up ever solving this one?
    I have a 13" MacBook Air (2011), using a mini display port to HDMI with a P2770HD, and I just cannot get the air to detect the display, or vice versa.

• External screen resolution "defaults" to low-rez (T510, docked; Samsung SyncMaster 730b monitor)

I have a T510 Thinkpad with docking station (Windows XP) with Samsung SyncMaster 730b monitor. Every time I start up, it defaults to low resolution and I need to manually increase the screen resolution. Is there a way to make the default setting for the external monitor is high-resolution?
    Thanks!

hey ct-user,
    it is hard to say if this is caused by the external monitor or by the docking station.
    try having the the external monitor connected to the T510 and see if it "saves" the resolution that was previously set.
    also, test the external monitor on a different laptop and see if the same issue occurs.
    WW Social Media
    Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
    Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
    How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

• Lenovo T60 - External Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 213T 1600X1200 problem

Hi All,
    I have my monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 213T) hooked up as an extended desktop to my T60 (directly, no docking station). I'd like to use my monitor at its full resolution of 1600X1200. (It works in this resolution fine with my desktop and my other laptop a sony Vaio). When I set the monitor to 1600X1200,  the screen is displayed compressed with black bars on either side of the monitor.I tried updating with the latest driver for the monitor but still the same results.I'm copy-pasting the information below from the Intel graphics settings tool below. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
    Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile Report
    Report Date:        09/03/2008
    Report Time[hr:mm:ss]:    07:25:18
    Driver Version:        6.14.10.4860
    Operating System:        Windows XP* Professional, Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
    Default Language:        English
    DirectX* Version:        9.0
    Physical Memory:        3062 MB
    Minimum Graphics Memory:    8 MB
    Maximum Graphics Memory:    224 MB
    Graphics Memory in Use:    11 MB
    Processor:        x86 family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
    Processor Speed:        1662 MHZ
    Vendor ID:        8086
    Device ID:        27A2
    Device Revision:        03
    *   Accelerator Information   *
    Accelerator in Use:        Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
    Video BIOS:        1313
    Current Graphics Mode:    1024 by 768 High Color (60 Hz)
    *   Devices Connected to the Graphics Accelerator   *
    Active Notebook Displays: 1
    *   Notebook   *
    Monitor Name:        Plug and Play Monitor
    Display Type:        Digital
    Gamma Value:        2.20
    DDC2 Protocol:        Supported
    Maximum Image Size:    Horizontal: Not Available
                Vertical:   Not Available
    Monitor Supported Modes:
    640 by 480 (60 Hz)
    800 by 600 (60 Hz)
    1024 by 768 (50 Hz)
    1024 by 768 (60 Hz)
    Display Power Management Support:
        Standby Mode:    Supported
        Suspend Mode:    Supported
        Active Off Mode: Supported
    *   SDVO Encoder Report   *
    ** Encoder 1 **
    Vendor ID:    Chrontel
    Device ID:    60
    Device Revision:    6
    Major Version:    1
    Minor Version:    1
    * Other names and brands are the property of their respective owners.

Your laptop graphic is not detecting your screen properly, install the driver disc included with your screen.

• Samsung SyncMaster 204b goes on and off

I have a 20" Samsung SyncMaster 204b flat panel that I purchased not two weeks ago. I have it connected to my PowerMac G5 dual 1.8Ghz through the digital connection on the graphics adapter.
    Every now and then it just goes black and then comes back on. It's off for about a second, maybe two, before coming back on. Sometimes it happens when I'm switching pages using Safari. From what I can tell it usually happens when I'm doing something. In other words, when I'm not actively using the computer it doesn't ever seem to turn off/on.
    Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Tom
    Dual 1.8 PowerMac   Mac OS X (10.4.7)   2 GB RAM

I've got the same Samsung display as you, but I'm running it on a brand new $599 Mac Mini Core Duo bumped up to a gig of RAM. The computer just arrived yesterday and I've got the exact problem you describe. Unfortunately both the Mac and the Samsung are brand new so it's impossible to isolate the problem (I lack a second desktop or display), but I'm willing to bet the Mac is to blame.
    The infuriating thing about the problem is that 98 percent of the time the computer and display work great. There's no predicting when the problem will strike. I've tightened my DVI cord connections so I know that's not the issue.
    My problem actually seems worse than yours, since the problem often comes in waves with the monitor repeatedly switching off and on for a second or two at a time -- and then finally often blanking out entirely. Once the problem begins, I'm usually hosed --- the shutoffs get more frequent and ultimately keep coming every few seconds and then they start lasting for increasing periods until the display doesn't come back on.
    Interestingly, on two occasions already, I've sat back and watched a 40 minute TV show on DVD without incident, but the moment I head back into the finder the problem begins.
    The good news is I've found a fix...a fix for my problem anyway, which I think is just a severe version of what you're experiencing. On two occasions when the monitor wouldn't come back on, I hit the power button to put the Mac to sleep. After waiting just a second or two I hit the power button again to awaken the Mac, and the monitor again functioned perfectly. A few seconds asleep was all it took. You'd think there had never been a problem.
    I've been doing some reading on these forums and elsewhere and this post seems of interest:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=634474
    It describes a "dancing pixels" phenomenon that neither you nor I have experienced (if you search for "dancing pixels" you'll find plenty of posts). BSteely's response to the above post suggests a possible culprit...the possibility that our blank screens are the culmination of our monitors going out of phase with the computer's timing. Some people have said that lowering the hertz setting for your monitor through DisplayConfigX or SwitchRes X can solve the dancing pixel problem, so perhaps that can solve our problems too. But I'm unwilling to do this for now, since I don't want to degrade my screen's otherwise amazing display quality.
    Right now I'm in the awful position of having a brand new computer and display with an intermittent problem that I don't know how to resolve. But discovering that it can be temporarily corrected by putting the system to sleep is at least a help.
    Mac Mini Core Duo   Mac OS X (10.4.7)   DVI, 1 GB RAM

• Photoshop and monitor profile (Samsung SyncMaster 244T with EyeOne Display 2)

I've just calibrated my Samsung SyncMaster 244T with EyeOne Display 2 and
    created a monitor profile. Should I use it as the Photoshop working color
    space now?
    Thanks.

So my monitor profile is just for the OS, and photoshop should use either <br />sRGB or Adobe RGB, or whatever color space specific to the output <br />destination.<br /><br />So, say, if I plan to edit some files for a video slide show that I'm making <br />using ProShow Producer I should edit those files in one of the NTSC color <br />spaces and save that profile with the files.<br /><br />I used to just leave them in sRGB and saw some weird color results watching <br />those slide shows on TV.<br /><br />Thanks a lot for your info, Christopher.<br /><br /><br /><[email protected]> wrote in message <br />news:[email protected]..<br />> No. Your working space should usually be a color space with well-behaved <br />> characteristics such as black and white points being equal RGB values, as <br />> well as the values for grays. Your monitor profile won't be that way. Your <br />> monitor profile will let Photoshop display colors accurately, but for <br />> editing images, use a working space suited to the kind of editing you are <br />> doing.<br />><br />> Are you editing in CMYK, doing printing, video, editing from film scans, <br />> etc? The best working space will depend on the source image and the <br />> eventual output for it.<br />><br />> Most people use Adobe RGB(1998) as a good compromise for a working space. <br />> Some prefer sRGB which works well for on-screen viewing of output but less <br />> well for print media and/or when images contain very saturated colors. <br />> Photographers working from transparency film often use Ektaspace as their <br />> working space.

• MSI G31M3 and Samsung SyncMaster 943NWX resolution problem

hi.today i bought a new computer.i.e assembled.i have a MSI G31M3 motherborad and Samsung SyncMaster 943NWX 19" inch monitor.The box in Samsung SyncMaster 943NWX 19" inch monitor says that it has 1440*900 high resolution.I also know that it must have that much max resolution,thats why i bought this monitor.But the problem is that in desktop->setting.There is not any 1440*900 resolution to select.
    First there was resolutions from 800*600 to 2080*XXXi forgot.But there wasn't any 1440*900 resolution to select.Not even in the range of 1440.There was only one 1400 range.Then i installed the driver came with the monitor and now the settings shows only resolution upto 1280*768.
    So can anyone tell me whats going on?I search the net for this problem but has no luck.one guy was says to use Powerstrip tool but i have no luck.Though the powerstrip tools shows that my monitor has 1440*900 max resolution in its info section but the resolution doesn't show up in resoultion select range.So i guess my monitor is correct.
    My question is that is it due to internal graphics that does support this resolution or something else.Please help me to solve this issue.

thankx a lot "NovJoe".I installed the intel.inf driver provided in the motherboard.I also installed the graphics accelerator/driver came in the CD and also driver downloaded from the intel site.Both look same driver.But no luck.And what do u mean by "intel 945G onboard graphics driver"?I guess  i have intel g31/33 graphic accelerator.do i need to install intel 945G onboard graphics driver as well? I have searched the net but can't find anyone with exact problem.There was one guy with similar problem but there is no solution.
    Do you think this is a driver a problem?May be following link will help u to get some idea
    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg/28102
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=961716

• External monitor Syncmaster 2494SW not working after 10.6.7 update

External monitor Samsung Syncmaster 2494  SW stopped working after 10.6.7 update on 2011 MacBook Pro. I'm using miniDP-DVI adapter. The monitor shown correctly in Display Properties with right modes and name. MackBook recognizes connection but the monitor goes to PowerSave mode (LED indicator blinks).
    Safemode boot, SMC reset, PRAM reset did not help.
    Exactly the same setup works perfectly under 10.6.6.

HERE IS THE EASY FIX SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM GUYS:
    I have an 15inch MacBook Pro that I've just installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on.
    Prior to this install, I've had it hooked up to my Samsung SyncMaster 2243 via an Apple MDP/VGA adapter and a third party VGA cable. It has been flashing on and off a black screen every now and then for the past 2 years and I googled that it was just a crappy communication between the MBP and the Samsung... but now since installing 10.6.3, the Samsung display just flashes the desktop for a second then turns black for good - occationally flashing analogue/digtal prompt display. Tried everything for hours. Nothing worked, thought I was gonna have to buy a new all Apple VGA lead then came across Michael's above solution. Tried it and it worked IMMEDIATLY!!! And the monitor doesn't flash black anymore AT ALL!! Whoo-hoo!! Thanks heaps.
    WHAT TO DO TO FIX:
    Go to => System Preferences  => Energy Saver => change graphic settings to Higher Performace.
    Cheers!!

• External Samsung 2443BW native resolution not listed

I have a 2007 24" iMac to which I have just added a Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW external monitor on the mini DVI interface. The Mac finds the monitor fine but the preferences panel only shows available resolutions up to 1680 x 1050 at 59.9 Hz rather than the 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz which is native for the hardware and the same as the iMac panel. I am using the Apple DVI to VGA adapter for hookup and am running this on the analogue input (VGA) to the monitor. I have swapped the VGA cable with a known good one to no effect. Any suggestions fro how to proceed would be welcome. The extended desktop that is desired is usable at the lower resolution but the display is well below it's potential since it is running below native resolution. Thanks for any help offered
    John

Try resetting some of the hardware involved (PRAM~NVRAM). See this Apple KB for details, etc.:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379
    Can't hurt to try, and apparently this has helped others recently.

• Imac 27" won't detect samsung syncmaster dvi

A couple weeks ago I bought my first mac.  iMac 27" 2.7 GHz.  Before that I had a custom built pc with a Samsung Syncmaster T260HD hooked up through DVI.
    Today I mini-display to DVI adaptor in attempt to connect my samsung and use it as an external display.  It isn't working.  Everything is connected properly and the monitor is on and set to DVI.  I go to the system pref menu and hit detect displays and nothing happens.  One thing that I have noticed it that when I switch to DVI on the monitor it goes for a sec and then basically falls asleep.  It is still on but nothing goes up.
    My computer is also fully updated and I've tried restarting it.
    Please HELP!
    Thanks

bump.
    Just bought a new adapter and it still doesn't work.

• Samsung SyncMaster 2043NWX

Hi just got today a TFT Samsung SyncMaster 2043NWX in order to use as a external monitor with my Mac Airbook. My question is, how can I disable the macbook to not show anything in the Display and only have the TFT showing the image. At the moment, I have both the TFT and the Mac displaying what I am doing which is a bit confunsing. Is there a FN + other key to only show the external TFT like the PCs do?
    thanks

Hi just got today a TFT Samsung SyncMaster 2043NWX in order to use as a external monitor with my Mac Airbook. My question is, how can I disable the macbook to not show anything in the Display and only have the TFT showing the image. At the moment, I have both the TFT and the Mac displaying what I am doing which is a bit confunsing. Is there a FN + other key to only show the external TFT like the PCs do?
    thanks

• Using a Samsung syncmaster 2343bwx with iMac

I have a fairly recent iMac 23" (2011) and I also purchased a Samsung syncmaster 2343bwx.
    Would I be able to use this as an external monitor to my iMac? Has anyone tried this?
    thanks in advance!

There is no reason to suppose that it wouldn't unless it has an unusual screen resolution.

• Problem with T400 and external monitor (1920x1200 resolution)

Hi there
    My laptop:
    ThinkPad T400 2767-C99* (graphics is: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 256MB / X4500MHD (Switchable Graphics)), OS is WinXP
    I just installed the newest video driver from the lenovo page (which also installs "ATI catalyst")
    Externale Monitor:
    I just bought a Samsung SyncMaster 2443FW, 24" TFT monitor with maximum resolution 1920x1200
    Problem:
    Monitor works great with my newer T400s and my old Acer laptop. However, with my T400 (described above), I can't make the monitor use the 1920x1200 resolution. However, all the other resolutions look ugly so I need it to work with 1920x120
    - If i change the resolution by rightclicking on the Windows XP desktop (and then properties=>settings) and set the screen resolution there to 1920x1200, then my monitor only used a lower resoltion (1440x900) and I get a scrolling effect as I move my pointer across the screen
    - if I use ATI catalyst software to set the resolution, I can only chose smaller resolutions (it does no go up to 1920x1200)
    Questions
    Is that a hardware (maybe the graphic card does not support 1920x1200) or a software problem (maybe some problem with the driver) or just a matter of setting?
    What can I do?
    Help would be very much appreaciated!
    *Original description: Based 2767-2JG: T9550(2.66GHz), 4GB RAM, 250GB 5400rpm HD, 14.1in 1440x900 LCD, 256MB ATI Radeon 3470HD, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11agn wireless, Bluetooth, Modem, 1GB Ether, UltraNav, Sec Chip, FPR, Camera, 9c Li-Ion, DOS License
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

bfrey wrote:
    Thank you for your answer.
    I have already installed the newsest drivers from Lenovo. I don't really see why I should install a non-official driver. I am convinced that it must work somehow with the official driver.
    Kind regards
    there are plenty of instances where the official driver have glitches... just look around the forum to find instances of which.... while official drivers maybe better in most instances, there are always the odd case where it doesn't work as well as it should. If they perfectly out of box, then there would never need to be multiple revisions and updates. 
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Maybe you are looking for

• Disk Utility detects wrong size on my external FW disk...

I have a external firewire disk that I want to use with my macbook pro. It is a Maxtor Onetouch. It has previously been used with linux and had some ext3 and xfs partitions on it. Works like a charm on win/lin and is detected as a 250GB disk. But whe

• Screen Exit for ME22N

Hi Experts, I need to disable the "Create Batch" button (CREATE_BATCH) in ME22N. I have tried the screen exit in MM06E005 for SAPLXM06 0111. But it does not seems to work and documentation specifies that it cannot change standard fields. Is there any

• Forward to another WebServer

I would like to know what is the best servlet implementation to forward a request to an other web server. It seems I cant doing it whith the forward method.

• Why WAS is the best solution ?

The question is simple. We would like to convince a customer to use in his landscape WAS from SAP and different parts of Netweaver. Where we can find comparion, performances,best practices about WAS ?

• Come cancello tutte le foto dal RULLINO, non dalla libreria! ne ho 9000 e non posso farlo una per una.Grazie

Ciao a tutti. Ho 9000 foto nel mio iphone 4 da 32gb, nel rullino, non nella libreria! Sono quelle che ho scattatao io, vorrei cancellarle tutte, ma non trovo una soluzione... com'è possibile? Se collego l'iphone al pc e lo rileva come archivio di mas