T61P vs T43

I just upgraded to a a T61p from a T43 both using Windows XP and 2gig of Ram. I've noticed that the T61P is noticably slower on wireless and internet access. Sreeens just take longer to display and upload sites.
Has anyone else seen this problem?

It says it does, sort of. I just haven't been able to figure out where i go to check
Available Integrated communicationsModem; Gigabit EthernetThinkPad® 11a/b/g II 7 (select models)Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (select models)Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGIntel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN (select models)BluetoothTM 8 (select models)Embedded WWAN (select models) 
[7] 11a, 11b, and 11g wireless: are based on IEEE 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11grespectively. The 802.11n specification has not been finalized and is currently in draft release. Lenovo and ThinkPad 11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini-PCIExpress Adapters are based on the Draft Release,
Version 1.0, of the 802.11n specification. An adapter with 11a/b, 11a/b/g, or 11a/b/g/n can communicate on any of its supported formats; the actual connection will be based on the access point to
which it connects. [

Similar Messages

• T61p exhibiting 1 long and 2 short beep and black screen

All,
    There have been multiple discussions over the past months concerning a 1 long and 2 short beep symptom on some T61 and T61p model systems.   Over the last several weeks members have begun to start additional topics on this theme and cross post between threads.  
    I am consolidating all the threads into this new discussion today.  Since many of these discussions were originally parallel, the dates and some of the context will now appear somewhat out of chronological order.  Please keep that in mind while browsing this thread.
    If you are presently experiencing the 1 long and 2 short beep code with a black screen on boot up, I would recommend that you contact service at this time for assistance.
    UPDATE 1/4/2011
    Previously, I have advised customers to contact service for assistance with the symptoms discussed here. In an effort to maintain customer satisfaction and loyalty, Lenovo has repaired a number of systems as post warranty exceptions. Lenovo will continue the post warranty support; however, with some revisions to the extended coverage effective December 31, 2010.
    Customers who experience these symptoms on qualifying models that are no more than six months beyond expiration of warranty should continue to contact support for assistance. This additional coverage ends March 31, 2011.
    Coverage beyond this date is available under the terms and conditions of extended warranty or maintenance agreements. Warranty extensions may be purchased for systems that are still within the base warranty period, and post warranty maintenance agreements may be purchased to provide coverage after base and extended warranty periods have expired. Extended warranties and maintenance agreements are a great way to ensure coverage for all the major system components.
    Best regards,
    Mark
    ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
    Mark Hopkins
    Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
    twitter @lenovoforums
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

2 is a coincidence, 3 is a pattern... and your problem is identical to mine, too, and happened just some days after mine did...
    It seems to me, without wanting to be alarmist, that the T61p with the 570M gpu (or a batch of them) is failing with the same exact problem (1 long 2 short = GPU error) at the exact same time... scary thought, really.
    Mine arrived at the lenovo repair center (it's still on warranty) on wednesday, and the status shows as "Repair complete, shipped to customer" as of yesterday. There is no tracking number or "Failing Element / part number" in the status page, tho. It hasn't arrived, either.
    Do you know your planar card / motherboard part number? It would be interesting to know if it's the same as mine (42W7653). Were you affected by the problem shown at http://forum.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=T_Series_Thinkpads&thread.id=30460&view=by_date_a... ?
    And once Mark_Lenovo reads this, Mark, do you need any info? (serial number for the laptop, easyserv reference, etc?) 
    EDIT/UPDATE:
    I called the EasyServ warranty customer support to ask if they had any additional info not in the website, and as a matter of fact they do. The (very, very helpful and nice) man on the phone told me that the motherboard had been replaced and the laptop was due to arrive today, and he gave the UPS tracking number for it, which indeed says it's scheduled to arrive here today, at some point.
    Once it's here I'll update with information about the actual repair and the part number of the new motherboard, etc.
    To be honest  I'm more than pleasantly surprised about the service: the box for shipping my laptop arrived on wednesday, it was picked up that very same day, the laptop was repaired on thursday and arrives to me today, friday. If the laptop works as expected, this is a 10 out of 10 for lenovo customer support, at least for me.
    I'm less-than-happy about the quality of the product, of course, but at least I got the 3-year warranty so lenovo paid for everything. 
    Message Edited by Kry on 04-10-2009 01:18 PM

• How can i install Windows XP on IBM T43 from recovery partition ?

I have a secret recovery partition with some GB in size on my IBM T43 laptop and i want to install Windows XP from it.
    How can i do that? I will loose all my data from HDD or I can keep D: partition intact ?
    What are the steps i should follow to install XP from secret hdd recovery partition ? Are the drivers also on this partition ?
    Thanks a lot !
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hello,
    Perhaps one of the discs is not labeled correctly.  Try going through all of them to see if one of them works.
    Regards,
    Aryeh Goretsky
    I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
    S230u (3347-4HU) • X220 (4286-CTO) • W510 (4318-CTO) • W530 (2441-4R3) • X100e (3508-CTO) • X120e (0596-CTO) • T61p (6459-CTO) • T43p (2678-H7U) • T42 (2378-R4U) • T23 (2648-LU7)
      Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español Русскоязычное Сообщество

• T43 bios problem when trying to update OS

I need help fast please.  I know this probably isn't the smartest thing ever but my T43 is currently running XP Pro and I am trying to upgrade to Windows 8.1  I have checked everywhere and it all says that the computer will handle running it. However, I have been told that i need to change my BIOS settings to allow for it to run from the dvd drive instead of the hard drive. 
    How do I do this?
    Please, please help!!
    Thanks.

Hello,
    Do you know what the machine type model number is of the ThinkPad T43?  It should be on a label on the bottom of the ThinkPad and look something like 1234-ABC.
    Regards,
    Aryeh Goretsky
    I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
    S230u (3347-4HU) • X220 (4286-CTO) • W510 (4318-CTO) • W530 (2441-4R3) • X100e (3508-CTO) • X120e (0596-CTO) • T61p (6459-CTO) • T43p (2678-H7U) • T42 (2378-R4U) • T23 (2648-LU7)

• T43 still can't clone hard disk and boot

I have a T43, 1871-WKL, with a 60G HD.  I purchased a 160G Samsung HM160HC as an upgrade.  I cannot get the system to clone and boot the new drive.
    I hook up the new Samsung drive with a Sabrent USB to IDE cable and the drive works fine.  I can use it for storage with no problem.  Doing a full format with verify works like a champ.
    First I tried Acronis TrueImage 10.0.  It tells me the target media has write errors about 4% into the clone.
    So I tried Clonezilla.  It works fine, either as the same size or expanding.  I and see the drive and copy stuff on and off the drive no problem.  
    However, when I insert the drive into the carrier for the internal drive and try to boot from it, it hangs with a blank screen and blinking cursor. 
    I was TOLD that it MAY be due to the fact I have no R&R on my drive.  So I download the R&R software and installed in on the original drive and cloned it.  Again, it won't boot.  I even tried booting the R&R rescue CD.  It will boot the CD with the ORIGINAL drive in the laptop, but the CD Boot hangs if I have the new drive in the laptop.  
    I tried it with the Acronis rescue disk as well, even though I didn't have an Acronis clone of the drive.
    I must have swapped out the drive over a dozen times, and I getting tired of wearing out the mounting screws.  Any ideas?
    Mike

Mike, welcome to the forum,
    you need to firstly create an Acronis rescue disc and then reverse clone. Install the new drive as primary in your T43 and your original drive in the USB caddy / USB -> IDE cable and then simply clone the drive.
    Please see the following article in the forum Knowledgebase; Cloning Hard Drive Including The Predesktop Area With Acronis
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• T43 unable to extend desktop

Hi,
    Wondering if anyone can help - I used to be able to extend my desktop on my old T43 thinkpad to watch films on my tv but for some reason it now wont work.
    I am using a s-video output lead and my graphics card is a ATI Mobility Radeon X300. 
    When I right click and go to settings I move the second monitor to the left to enable it, set the screen resolution to 800x600, tick the 'extend my windows...' but when i click on 'apply' the screen flashes but when it comes back the box is unticked and screen two is back on the right hand side.
    I have updated the ATI drivers from their website.
    Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Budeman

Is "Fn + F7" combination working on your system (considering that for the T43 the combination would be the same as for my T61p).
    Instead extending, did you try cloning - at least for the sake of testing?
    Putting it differently - try using the Presentation Director app, from the ThinkVantage suite, maybe you get to extend the desktop space. It can be done via Windows, as you tried, but it should be possible via the Lenovo software as well.
    W500 / T61p / T61 / R60

• Add an External monitor on T43

I pluged in an external monitor on my Thinkpad T43 and now the 2 monitors display the same screen. I want to display different screens on the 2 monitors. How to manage this?
    By the way, I did a clean install of winxp and some neccesary drivers,  so my thinkpad is not the same as the manufacturing status. Maybe I need to install some other drivers for configuring the external monitor?
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

You need to open the desktop settings and find where "clone" is checked. Check off that and on extended desktop.
    T61p, T400
    formerly x23, x40

• Network adapter diver for t43

Hello guys!
    i reformated my hard drive and lost a Network adapter diver for t43.
    WHERE CAN I FIND Network adapter diver for t43 TIN ORDER CONNET TO AN INTERNET?
    Please advise
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hello,
    You did not mention the Type (model) of ThinkPad T43 you have or which operating system you installed on it, but I believe most—if not all—ThinkPad T43s have a Broadcom BCM57xx NetXtreme series Gigabit Ethernet network interface card in them.  If that is the case with your ThinkPad, than the latest drivers are located here on Broadcom's support web site.  If none of those work, try looking at the device drivers on this page of Lenovo's support web site.
    Regards,
    Aryeh Goretsky

• T43 with BSOD followed by inability to boot into windowsXP.​..please help

I have a T43 2686 that is experiencing BSOD (memory dump) periodically.  After the BSOD, the computer restarts then the following message shows in the dos screen, not yet booting to XP. (some lines abbreviated, as shown)
    I am usually able to get it booting to windows after leaving the computer off for a few hours.  Does anyone know what is wrong? Please help.
    -------message-------
    broadcom undi pxe-2.1 v7.7.5
    copyright (abbreviated line)
    all rights reserved
    broadcom base code pxe-2.1 v.1.0.1
    PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
    PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM.
    Operating System not found
    ------end of message------

To send a member a PM; the easiest way is to click on the members name to the left of their post, this opens their profile, on the right side near the top you will see "Send this user a private message" - and away you go
    edit; small temp. problem with l & r
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• T43 Hard-Drive Recovery

Hey all.
    So my laptop was knocked off a table by a clumsy friend and now displays a "disk read error" when I attempt to boot it up. It's been giving me problems for a few years now, so I'm ready to cut my losses. My tech savviness is minimal, but I'm hoping that I can salvage what was on my hard drive. I know the amount of pins varies, so I was wondering if anyone knows if this adaptor ( http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=906&sku=17705&relatedItem=true ) would work to run the hard drive for my T43 through a desktop.
    Thanks.

cshadows2887, welcome to the forum,
    yes that cable should work fine and enable you to attach a notebook hard drive to a pc.
    PepperonI blog 

• T43 rescue and recovery Password

Hello guys,
    I seem to be having a problem with my t43.
    I am trying to reset the laptop to factory setting but when i press the blue button,
    it seems to promp out a message asking for a password..
    As i can remember there is no password set for this.
    I tried removing the bios battery but it still promps for the password..
    it does not allow me to go to the rescue and recovery..
    Please help..
    Regards,
    Oceanfatboy 

oceanfatboy, welcome to the forum,
    Some versions of R&R, when launched in windows, would ask if you want to set a password or protect the backups with your windows password. As you don't mention having tried your windows log-in password, if you have / had one, have you tried using it or, if set up, the default admin account password?
    Also what about the good old enter key i.e. no password, or trying "admin"?
    PepperonI blog 

• T43 - bios no longer sees hard drive

One morning upon boot up, I found that the hard-drive was no longer recognized.  I hadn't done anything out of the ordinary so I thought that the drive had crashed.  I bought a new one and have had the same problem.  The bios doesn't seem to see the drive, no matter what I do.  I have seated and re-seated the drive many times and have also done so with the memory and the battery.
    I have been trying to setup a book usb drive with a new version of the bios on it.  This might work but I am doubtful.  After that I will probably take the machine apart and reseat the CPU, etc. 
    Has anybody else had this problem?  Any other suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Jason

Hello,
    Perhaps there is a problem with the BIOS saving or otherwise keeping the geometry of the internal hard disk drive in CMOS memory due to the CMOS/RTC backup battery dropping below +3VDC?  I have seen similar problems with other computers, and the most common solution has been to replace the backup battery.
    The ThinkPad T43/p Hardware Maintenance Manual should explain how to remove the backup battery so you can test it.  If it needs replacing, it should not be a very expensive part, although it does appear some that some disassembly is required in order to access it.
    Regards,
    Aryeh Goretsky

• T43 Access Connections XP SP3 trouble

I have seen this posted around the net quite a bit, but as of yet nothing has worked for me. I can't seem to get Access Connections to work with my wifi card after rebuilding my laptop with an XP SP3 integrated installation. Unlike some other posters, I used the official Microsoft download of XP with SP3 from the Volume Licensing site rather than slipstreaming it myself.
    The only suggestion I have seen specific to XP and not Vista is to enable and set to automatic the "extensibile authentication protocol" and "network access protection agent" services, as well as make sure that the "wireless zero configuration" service is operating. I enabled the two suggested services and WCZ was working, but still Access Connections refuses to believe that the wireless radio is turned on, let alone do anything about it.
    Are there any other potential fixes for this problem?

I updated my T43 to SP3 two weeks ago. The only issue I have had was with Java for a particular web site I have to use on a daily basis, this was fixed with an update.
    Basically I let Windows Update install SP3 and after it had completed I went wireless online and ran TV System Update which updated Power Management etc. and Access Connections, no issues to report.
    I would suggest uninstalling the WLAN card and AC followed by a new start. Install the latest WLAN driver and after re-starting install the latest AC followed by, if required the HotKey driver.
    PepperonI blog 

• I'm frustrated on my new T61P

As owner of T43, I like Thinkpad, So ordered/received my new T61P, 5 day ago, w/2.0GHz Intel duo core, 2 GB RAM and a ~80GB HDD.  Running Vista Home Premium as Lenovo recommended.  
    Supprising me, the performance is very, very slow.  Takes 3-5 minutes to boot and when toggling between programs (ie: Outlook to Excel to IE) takes 30 sec - 1 minute to switch. When putting it on sleep, it will never wake up again while internal FAN keeping running. Have to push power button for while to re-boot it.
    I called Lenovo to re-run recovery/resucure, now it remains slow. An improvement is it can wake up, however it wake up even i keep lid closed. I checked its power saving configurations and disabled network card wake-up feature.... It seems all right.
    I'm amazed how lenovo will ever ship these stuff out their factory ??? 
    Frank, California

The T61 is a disaster. Having been with ThinkPad for ten years, I have converted to MacBook Pro. Not only does the T 61 suck inside, the outside is no longer titanium. The T61 is supposed to be a professional notebook. A ThinkPad made out of cheap plastic, with paint that scratches off, is ridiculous. Converting to plastic from titanium for better wireless connectivity is a joke. Why do you think that Apple is selling MacBook Pros in record high volume? It is because Lenovo has really pissed off their core customers!
    MacBook Pro, with an aluminum unibody enclosure **As of September 15, 2008, our company has completely switched to Apple. Having used ThinkPad products for over 10 years, we had desperately tried to find just one reason to continue using these products, to no avail. We are of the view that ThinkPads are no longer premium products. We wish you the best of luck with your ThinkPad! Happy computing…**

• T43 BooT

Hello,
    Im trying to do a bench boot of a t43 with the ati 300 video chipset and the finger print reader. Im trying to just boot the motherboard to a external video. What im wondering is what is need to just turn on the motherboard other than ram, processor power and keyboard? Also how much ram is needed to boot im trying to boot with 256mb right now and the machine wont turn on.
    All components are known to be functional.

jseymr, welcome to the forum,
    by not booting; do you mean you are getting nothing displayed?  Also, does the fan spin up?  Is the RAM known to be compatible with T43?  Any beep codes? Ifeel you probably would have mentioned these, if, but felt it might be worth asking just in case.
    Sorry for all the questions, but the forum needs to be fed with information.
    PepperonI blog 

Maybe you are looking for

• Adobe plugIn

Hello Experts, We have an adobe plugin(importing data from excel to pdf form )developed in older version , when migrated to version8.x.x, While importing "Adobe Acrobat 8.1 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenie

• Gantt chart in OBIEE11115

Hi , We got a requirement to create a Gantt Chart in obiee11115 for project module, Can any provide me any document to create Gantt chart in obiee11115 I found this link http://oraclebizint.wordpress.com/2007/12/06/oracle-bi-ee-101332-marquee-images-

• Changes to Unicode support in LabVIEW 8.6

There seems to have been a change in the way LabVIEW handles alternative text input between 8.5.1 and 8.6. In 8.6, if I try to use type something in Hebrew (alt+shift in Windows changes the input language), the words come out in the wrong order (the

• Backup email to iCloud

I am away from home and want to backup my bigpond emails to iCloud... So that can delete them from my iPad, but need them for legal reasons.. Sorry if this sounds dumb, but, if I create an iCloud email account, does my email still come to my bigpond

• SQL*Loader privileges

For security purposes, what privileges should be assigned to a developer who needs to use the SQL*Loader utility to load database tables?