ThinkPad Bluetooth 2.0 Card 39T0497 on T500

Does anyone know if the Bluetooth Daughter Card (BDC) for a T61 will work on a T500 Thinkpad?
T61 model: 39T0497
T500 model: 42T0969
The difference between these 2 cards is that the T61 is Bluetooth 2.0 and the one for the T500 is Bluetooth 2.1
But on a connection perspective point of view, does the 39T0497 will work on a T500?

I was told that they wouldn't sell it to a third party. But if you got it, Apple installs it without charge so I'd let them do it and insure that your warranty isn't voided. Get to know the folks at the apple store near you (if you have one). They're really helpful and do things "gratis" on occasion. This is one of the reasons I usually try to "buy locally" for everything. It may be cheaper online but the personal relationship often helps out in the long run and the cost winds up being less. fwiw, my 2¢.

Similar Messages

• Thinkpad bluetooth laser mouse won't scroll in VMware

Hi,
    I have the Thinkpad bluetooth laser mouse, which I really love, and use extensively VMware on my T500.
    Unfortunately the scroll wheel doesn't work in my VMware marchine (it's a XP pro VM)
    when I plug a very old usb IBM mouse the wheel does work however.
    I tried to install the Lenovo Mouse suite on the VM itself but it didn't pick the mouse, which I believe is normal since VMware is already providing the driver for the mouse.
    When I look in the hardware tab of the mouse properties in control panel, it list 3 devices:
    VMware Pointing Device
    HID compliant mouse
    HID compliant mouse
    Has anyone a clue on how to enable the laser mouse wheel?
    likewise, the scroll on the touchpad won't work neither.
    I tried to play with the hardware option but nothing came successful.
    some collegues have hogitech mice and the wheel works fine.
    Thanks in advance

I have the same problem. The mice work fine mostly with host system regardless to operation system(XP/W7/Ubuntu), but the scroll doesn't work in vmware. I don't think it is related to virtual system because any other mouse work fine in the same virtual OS. I think Lenovo should to investigate it and change the behavior of scroll wheel because it seems to be different to other mouse. I like the feature that the scroll wheel is working in current window where the pointer is, but maybe the feature cause the problem, the scroll wheel is out of work in vmware.

• ThinkPad Bluetooth Sees Other BT Objects, but Won't See My BT Mouse

My ThinkPad T420S Bluetooth is happily paired with my BT Printer and with a ThinkPad Bluetooth Mouse.  It will also "see" my BlueTooth phone when I make the phone's BT discoverable.  When I tried to pair it with a new Lenovo BT Mouse or with a new Targus Bluetooth Comfort Laser Mouse by using Bluetooth's "Add Device" Box, however, neither mouse would appear in the "Add Device" box.
    I have a ThinkPad 420S, Windows 7, 64 bit, Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator (driver version 6.1.7601.17889) and ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0 (driver version 6.5.1.4500).  The Device Manager says that my Bluetooth is working properly.
    When my ThinkPad failed to "see" a new Lenovo ThinkPad Laser Mouse, I assumed that the new mouse must be faulty and returned it.  But now that it won't see a new Targus BT Comfort Laser Mouse, either, I'm puzzled.  In both cases, the mice had new batteries.
    What baffles me is that my ThinkPad's bluetooth can see other discoverable BT devices -- including my old Lenovo BT Laser Mouse, which I was trying to replace because the left button has started to get temperamental.
    Puzzling, no?  Any suggestions?

Upon further research I have learned that A2DP is not supported with any OSX 10.4.11. I think using Jack might be as close as I can get.

• ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software Problem

I'm having a weird issue. I use a X200t tablet with Windows 7 Profession 64-bit.
    Apparently my current "ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software" is Version. 6.2.1.2900.
    Thinkvantage System Update wants me to download and install Version 6.2.1.3100.
    However, it tries and I get Error 1935 and it rolls back. Now when I start windows I get an alert about BTTray.exe not loading.
    Of course I searched this problem, but it seems to be some ancient thing (years old) and I've never had a problem before with any of the Bluetooth updates.
    I did notice that in past versions people said when they tried to uninstall the old version and install the new one, it just wiped their hard drive. I don't want to risk that so I thought I'd check here if anyone knew what was going on.
    Thanks!

Hi
    Welcome to Lenovo Community
    You can directly download and install this package . It will not do any harm to any other component of Operating System
    http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-70042
    Hope This Helps
    Cheers!!!

• Could not use ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse (41U5008)

I bought a ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse today. unfortunately, i could not use it and tried a whole day but unsolved yet, any help will be highly appriciated.
    My notebook model: T60, 2007BP1
    setup details:
    1) enable internal bluetooth in bios
    2) switch on bluetooth radio
    3) switch bluetooth connection on (Fn+F5)
    4) install batteries, and power on
    5) install driver
    6) at the last step, a message showed that the program could not configure the mouse automatically, i need to set it manually
    7) click to start finding bluetooth devices, an error message showed that bluetooth software certificate did not pass the check, it asked me to make sure the bluetooth device has been pluged in, and i have obtained the software license to use the this device, and the license is not expired.
    8) also, i found the indicater light at the bottome of the screen (near to the wireless radio light) was turned off.
    any help? thanks a lot

sorry, forget to mention the os:
    winxp sp3

• Thinkpad Bluetooth power no longer turns on automatically (Fn+F5 is required)

I had ThinkPad T61p pre-loaded with Vista, which I then upgraded to Windows 7 RTM. During all this time, integrated
    Broadcom BlueTooth has been working perfectly and I never had to turn it on manually with Fn+F5 - it was turned on initially after boot, and it was also always turned on after coming up from sleep mode.
    Windows 7 however got badly screwed up at some point, and I reformatted the machine and did clean new installation of Windows 7. I re-installed Lenovo drivers for BlueTooth adapter, and it does work, however every time the computer boots up or emerges from sleep, BlueTooth radio is powered off. Every time I have turn it on manually using Fn+F5 before I can use BT mouse, which is very annoying. 
    The question is what steps do I need to take to make BlueTooth power on automatically ? I know I can do Fn+F5 manually, but that's not a solution.
    Whatever Lenovo did when they customized Windows, made BT power on automatically, and that was also carried over by Windows 7 upgrade, but was lost after clean install.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

I posted a solution in this thread that may help you...
    http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T61-and-prior-T-series-ThinkPad/Bluetooth-radio-defaults-to-Off-state/m-...

• Windows Proximity Un/Lock using ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software

While installing the driver for ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software, the installer asks whether I want to include additional features such as Windows Proximity Un/Lock, file transfer, and others. However, after installing, I cannot find the Proximity Un/Lock option anywhere.
    Can someone please enlighten me as to how I can activate this built-in feature? THANKS!
    -Raj

Hi
    Welcome to Lenovo Community
    You can directly download and install this package . It will not do any harm to any other component of Operating System
    http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-70042
    Hope This Helps
    Cheers!!!

• Lenovo ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse 0A36407 battery life

I am wondering what is the real battery life of Lenovo ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse (0A36407) ? Connected to Windows 8.1 machine. Lenovo advertises 4 to 6 months but I'd like to know the real value

It depends on the user scenario(How many hours you will use and if you will turn off the mouse at night). Based on my experience, it is about 6 months or more.

• W510 - Windows Update: Broadcom ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0 Optional Update

Windows Update is suggesting an optional hardware driver update for the Broadcom Corporation - Bus Controllers and Ports - ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0 dated July 2011 and published 8/11.
    I haven't seen any such update on the Lenovo website or via the Lenova Updates and Drivers control panel.
    Has anyone installed this?
    Thanks

flynace wrote:
    Windows Update is suggesting an optional hardware driver update for the Broadcom Corporation - Bus Controllers and Ports - ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0 dated July 2011 and published 8/11.
    I haven't seen any such update on the Lenovo website or via the Lenova Updates and Drivers control panel.
    Has anyone installed this?
    Thanks
    This got installed for me on 8/13, without me noticing (would have scared the heck out of me if I had noticed --- trashed my T61p on a Bluetooth "upgrade" a while back).
    Device Manager shows version 6.5.0.1455, July 20, 2011.
    No problems noted, but I'm not a heavy BT user.  My hard drive is still intact, though. 
    W520 | FHD | i7-2720QM | 8GB RAM | nVidia Quadro 1000M | Intel 510 120GB SSD | Seagate 7200rpm 500GB HDD
    T510 | 1366x768 | [email protected] | 8GB RAM | nVidia NVS 3100M | Seagate 7200rpm 500GB HDD
    T61p | 1920x1200 | [email protected] | 4gb RAM | nVidia Quadro FX 570M | Hitachi 320GB HDD | (broken frame, now a file server)

• Interference? 2 thinkpad bluetooth laser mice 2 thinkpads

hello,
    my girlfriend has the thinkpad bluetooth laser mouse and loves it
    i would also like to get the mouse but was wondering will there be interfernce when we work side by side?
    we both have thinkpads and will both have BT mice
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

each mouse will lock onto only one device at a time so there shouldn't be any issues.
    just don't confuse your mice as you'll be controlling each other's cursor.
    ThinkStation C20
    ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30 · 600

• ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse button hardware issue

I love my mouse, but the left button has recently been loosing its sensitivity, i.e. I need to click it several times before it responds. The issue is the same on several computers running different operating systems, so I strongly suspect this is an issue with the mouse itself. Does anyone know about cleaning techniques or other ways to troubleshoot the possibility of dust or dirt under the buttons?

From further investigation:
    100% Reproducible Failure
    When I opened Firefox 11.0 with only a single tab, the window control icons (Minimize, Maximize, Close) would highlight properly on mouseover and work properly when clicked. When I then opened or switched to another tab, there was no highlighting on mouseover and they no longer responded to clicks. Other mouse actions did work properly, including window control icons in other applications I tested.
    I uninstalled and then reinstalled Firefox 11.0, set it to a new empty profile, but the problem persisted. I checked for other reports of this problem in Firefox, and while I did find a (very) few similar reports, I found nothing to indicate a general problem in Firefox.
    Successful Fix
    I uninstalled ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse, Lenovo Mouse Suite, ThinkPad UltraNav Utility, ThinkPad UltraNav Driver, and rebooted, which installed just the TrackPoint with the Microsoft PS/2 Compatible Driver, and the problem did not recur. I think installed the two UltraNav packages with System Update, and then the Lenovo Mouse Suite with the ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse, and the problem still did not recur. It continues to work properly.
    My Assessment
    My assessment is that something subtle had gotten screwed up in Lenovo UltraNav and/or Mouse Suite, which was corrected by uninstalling and then reinstalling everything. I do not think this is a problem in Firefox.
    Hope that helps,
    John
    ThinkPad T450s [ i7-5600U | 8GB | 1TB SSD | Full HD IPS | 802.11ac | BT | Webcam | FR | Win8.1Pro64 ]

• ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse 41U5008

Has anyone tried this mouse?
    ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse
    Stumbled across it on the Lenovo website recently and I'd be curious to know how it performs.

erik, your spending spree continues does the Misses know?
    Don't forget that using a BT mouse you will be cutting down your battery life by a good bit... BT is also not 100% secure should someone be snooping.
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• Sd card reader on t500-not working,what to do?

sda standard complaint sd host controller thats what it says in my
    device manager
    i have t500 with vista 32
    how do i access the card?
    when i go to the device manager it says - no drivers are installed for this device.
    what to do?!!
    thanks!

Not sure why the driver would not already be installed, but you can go get it from the Thinkpad web site.
    Here is the driver matrix page for my T-500.  The driver should be the same - bookmark this page for future reference.
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-70443
    I believe the driver you need is the one for the "SmartCard" reader.  Install that, and see if that fixes things.
    If not, post back here - maybe someone more knowledgeable than me will get you on track.
    Don Mannino

• Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E540 - Graphic card recognition and blue Screens BSOD

Hi, I'm having MAJOR troubles with Windows 8.1 64 Bit latest version on a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E540.Effects are:- Startup and BSOD  - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE  - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED  - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL- Serveral effects on the Nvidia GT740M in the device manager not detected or driver could not start  - not detected in device manager  - detected, but driver not started    Die Treiber für dieses Gerät wurden nicht installiert. (Code 28)
        Es sind keine kompatiblen Treiber für dieses Gerät vorhanden.
        Klicken Sie auf "Treiber aktualisieren", um einen Treiber für dieses Gerät zu finden.  - Updated e.g. Intel Bluetooth driver: => seen, but driver could not be started, deactivated/activated device => OK BIOS version is latest version available today. Latest Intel driver available from Lenovo is very old from 20.12.2013, 10.18.10.3379Nvidia GT740M driver: 9.1.2015, 9.18.13.4725, also older driver don't work reliable. @Lenovo: Please provide newer drivers for Intel HD 4600 and Nvidia GT740M which work reliable on Thinkpad Edge E540 !!!!! Thank you. Gerhard

No, they want swap the motherboard for free (I've also bough a 3 year additional warranty). I've to reinstall the Windows system to "proove" that it also not working correctly. And still not possible to destinguish between the 3 theoretical options listed below. Otherwise they will charge 380EUR + the price for the motherboard (guessing 200 EUR) which is not acceptable. Theoretically only the cause which are possible are:- Hardware problem
    - Driver problem
    - Windows OS problem I also uninstalled all graphic card drivers (Intel HD4600 and Nvidia GT740M driver in safe mode with Driver uninstaller). Rebooted. Afterwards with opened device manager to see the graphic card devices I was installing the latest driver package. Intel HD4600 driver installs well, when the Nvidia GT740M driver will be installed computer crashes instantly.https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-edge-e540/downloads/DS039880
    NVIDIA Intel HD Audio Intel Graphics Build ID Rev. Issue Date
    9.18.13.2762 6.16.00.3131 10.18.10.3379 J9DQ07WW 02 2015/06/09 Also they can't escalate internally to the software development of Lenovo. Really a very bad customer experience with Lenovo. Gerhard 

• Thinkpad Bluetooth Laser Mouse connection

My new bluetooth laser mouse will not connect. The green light on the mouse comes on when I turn it on, but goes off within seconds. While still on, it does not connect to my thinkpad T500. Yes, the slider button on left front edge is turned on (green square). Tech support call back is loooooog been awaited. Any suggestions?

First thing that comes to mind is to make sure that bluetooth is turned on.  The F5 key allows you to turn on/off wireless and bluetooth.  Also, I'm assuming you went through the steps to pair the mouse with the computer. 
    A problem that I was having at one time is that my bluetooth would just stop working for some reason.  The solution was the steps listed below.  They were copied from another post.  If you want to read the entire thing it's in this post - http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Y550P-Bluetooth-connection-drops/m-p/193192
    Go to device manager (under my computer)
    Open 'Bluetooth radios' 
    Right click on 'bluetooth module' NOT enumerator
    Select 'properties'
    Go to 'power management' tab
    Uncheck the 'allow computer to shut device off to save power' box
    Hope some of this helps.  Good luck.

Maybe you are looking for

• Trying to import my new pics

When I plug in my iphone 5s I hear a syncing sound, and it will sync to Itunes.  What won't happen is the little box that used to come up (for my old iphone) to select "import photos/videos".  I'm really frustrated and don't know what to do.  My phon

• In Memory DB for SAP PI to make it faster

I have left the PI space many years back . but I remember that a lot of resources are wasted for all the database write /commit operations including writing to the DB for each step in the pipeline . The DB's were disk based DB like oracle or MS SQL ,

• Survey Builder

I'm using the packaged Survey Builder application and have a need to be able to edit the responses to a survey.  I don't think this is currently possible.  What would it take for me to add this functionality?

• Pantone color book for Illustrator 6

Where can I find updated color books for Illustrator to use the latest Pantone colors? Eg. I do not find Solid Coated 2028 in my recent installation Thanks in advance Charlotte

• Lost my iPhoto library using iboostup.

somehow i managed to put my whole iphoto library in the trash then did a quick clean using iboostup now have lost all photos, work and family. Is there any way i can undo the quick clean and recover my photos. any help would be greatly appreciated.