Thinkvision 2251 WEBCAM compatible with Thinkpad T60?

Greetings,
Purchased a Lenovo Thinkvision Monitor with integrated Webcamera model L2251x 22" wide screen. Have a Thinkpad T60 laptop. After nearly 7 hours of online support, telephone support and researching customer forums, loading every driver I can find for the monitor and laptop, I'm down to a program called Lenovo Webcam Center by Intervideo. Driver from Lenovo website noted below:
HYPERLINK "http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/options/mediaonegallery.exe
I am at the point where it asks me to enter the serial number for the software. As the webcamera came integrated with the Monitor, and the T60 had no webcam, I have no serial number. I checked out the Intervideo website to see what it would cost to get the SW license, but it says it is no longer sold. I would be willing to pay a nominal amount to get this webcam working.
Can I get a serial number for this old software? If I do, you think the T60 and 2251 Monitor are even capable/compatible for Webcam? Lenovo has been poor at support and this seems a common issue on the customer forums.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Painfuul 7 hours trying to figuure this out, anyone know?
Have loaded every driver I can find for Webcams from 2251 CD, Lenovo for both laptop and monitor and every forum link I could find. Down to this WEB gallery driver from INtervideo that seems no longer supported and stupms me at the SERIAL number during load as thwew 2251 didn't come with this (and the T60 had no cam to begin with).
Any help appreciated.

Similar Messages

• Is S10 compatible with Thinkpad 90W Slim AC adapter?

Hello,
    Is S10 compatible with Thinkpad 90W Slim AC adapter?
    Or are there plans to sell appropriate jack for this adapter (as is the case with many mobiles and PDAs)?
    Best regards,
    John J. Ruthe

I would really like to know this as well.
    There is a Y-series tip that comes with the adapter.
    It seems like it fits. Butit  is 19V instead of the required 20V.
    I haven't had the nerve to try it.

• Is this HDD compatible with my T60 2623-A24?

Hi everyone!
    I'm wondering if this ThinkPad 250GB 7200 rpm FDE Serial ATA Hard Drive
     (http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?...) offered at the Lenovo website is compatible with my Lenovo T60 Model 2623-A24?
    I want to upgrade my current HDD to a higher capacity HDD & it'll be nice to throw in the FDE features.
    Please advise me accordingly.
    Thanks!
    Konker

Maximum warranty that any HD manufacturer was offering was 5 years by Seagate, however even that has stopped as of this year. Now it's 3 years, as is with the majority of other HD manufacturers.
    I have a Seagate 320GB/7200rpm in my T60p and love it.
    Cheers,
    George
    In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
    Collecting dust: T60
    Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
    Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
    Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

• Monitors with integrated webcam compatible with Macs

Hi, I am looking for an LCD with integrated webcam which will be compatible with a Mac Mini. There does not seem to be a lot of compatibility information out there and any help will be much appreciated.

[This one|http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB382LL/A] should be compatible with you Mac Mini.

• PC Webcams Compatible With iSight?

My friend wants to get a PC webcam so she can videochat with me. However, I often find that many PC webcams do not work in iChat when I attempt to connect with them. Does anyone know of a PC webcam that can videochat with my iSight?

I really don't quite understand your question. Does your friend use a Mac which does not have a built-in iSight so she needs a webcam? Or your friend uses a PC?
    Anywho, check out the following:
    Apple Compatible Mac Webcams
    iChatUSBCam. The manufacturer’s website also has a free demo of its product & a complete list of USB webcams compatible w/macs & its product.

• External webcam compatible with Presario CQ56 z-2100

Need to find external webcam for Presario CQ56z-2100 that is compatible with its AMD V140 processor, 2.3 Ghz.  Looking at Logitech but requirements are for 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo.  Will it work for my Presario?

Just need something reliable for calls.  I also realized the upload speed requirements of 1Mbps are way more than our internet service provides (250 Kbps).  Looking for whatever works reliably with Skype considering the low-speed upload.

• What 2.5" SSDs are compatible with ThinkPads?

I just purchased a Crucial M500 240GB SSD to upgrade my T420 and after installation and reboot I get the dreaded "2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD)" error.   After Googling it seems that this is a common problem with ThinkPads and various SSD's it also appears that there is no known solution other than changingt to another drive.
    I would like to think that there are some SSDs  that don't cause this error and are safe to purchase knowing that THEY WILL work in the ThinkPad models.  Is there such a list of compatible SSD drives?  Sure I can return the M500 and try an Intel or Samsung but would these drives also be susceptible to the problem?
    Hoping I will be able to use my fantastic T420 with an SSD in the future.  In the meantime I will be installing using a spinning Seagate HDD.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions
    Paul
    T400 6475-8Q5 | 8GB RAM | WXGA+ | Seagate 500GB 7200 | Win 7 Pro 64-bit............T61 7658-CTR | 8GB RAM | WD Black 320GB

Hi,
    I run a Crucial M4 mSATA SSD in my T420.  Does your SSD throw that error consistently?  IIRC my SSD did that too after a firmware update.  Crucial explained that they do some internal housekeeping that can make them slow to initialize for a couple of power cycles.  Mine did it once or twice and never again.
    Have you checked for firmware updates for the SSD?  I can't guaranted that you don't have a compatibility issue but there may be other explanations.
    Z.
    [edit] Clarify: mSATA SSD.
    The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.  The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

• Webcam problem with Thinkpad L530 running Windows 8

Hi,
    I have a L530 running windows 8.  I'm trying to activate the webcam with Skype.  Skype doesn't recognize the webcam.  I went into the Start "page" in windows 8 and use the "Camera" win 8 app.  The app displays a big camera with a diagonal line going across it, which to me meaning that the Camera app has problem using the camera.
    I've gone into the controll panel/Device manager checking for Integrated Camera.  The device status says "This device is working properly".  The driver version is 1.0.0.19.  
    I'm not sure what to do.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  thanks.

Hi, whto
    This sounds like the camera is set to Private mode, which is a security feature to block the camera from any potential hackers. To change this setting, go to the Lenovo Settings metro app and open it. There should be camera settings in here. Select the camera and make sure the camera is not set to Private.
    Hope it helps,
    Adam
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution!" This will help the rest of the community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

• Is X200 UltraBase compatible with ThinkPad X230?

Hi All:
    Currently I have a ThinkPad X201 with an X200 Ultrabase but I'm thinking to replace the X201 with an X230 notebook, so can I use my current docking station (X200) with an X230 notebook?.
    Thank you very much
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.
    Regards
    Carlos Negroni

• Any TV webcam compatible with a LG 47LE7300 LED ?

Good Morning,
    I have the following TV: LG 47LE7300 LED.
    I would like to buy a webcam to enjoy video conference on my TV.
    Which TV webcam do I need to buy?
    Thank you,
    Arno

Unfortunately, your TV is not Skype compatible.
    The list of Skype compabtible models is listed under the "Requirements" section here: http://shop.skype.com/intl/en-gb/skype-for-tv/tv-compatible-webcams/lg-1cq6zzz0st2/.
    You can still enjoy Skype on your TV by purchasing a Skype compatible Blu-ray player or All-in-one camera solution as described here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-tv/.

• What webcams are compatible with OSX Mavericks?

I've been saving and saving and saving to get a webcam compatible with my Mac - latest Mac Mini - and finally have enough extra money for it. (These things are expensive outside the US.) 
    Problem is, I've heard many webcams don't work with Mavericks (and I have latest update - 10.9.2).
    What brands should I be looking at? I preferred Logitech, but I've been hearing bad things about their compatibility.

Any USB webcam that meets the UVC standard can work with your mini (provided your mini is using Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later.)    The seller or devices's documentation can confirm that a given camera is UVC-compliant.
    Don't install any software that comes with the webcam.  All necessary software drivers have been part of every Mac OS X version after 10.4.8.  You will save money and may avoid possible software conflicts by not buying features and installing software you don't need.  
    If you want some specific suggestions from the many available brands and models, take a look at Mac Compatible Webcams.  For a low cost solution from a company that has supported Macs for a long time, consider iCubie.
    The best solution for your compatibility concerns with your first webcam is to buy locally.  The retailer who sells you your mini is perhaps the best source for a compatible webcam.  Ask the retailer to demonstrate Mac mini compatibility with the webcam before you buy.  Not only will you be assured of compatibility, you can see the camera operate, know what image quality to expect, and discuss any questions you have so you can start using your new webcam as soon as you get it home and connected.

• Is there a webcam that is compatible with OS 10.9?

Is there a webcam that is compatible with OS 10.9?

Hi,
    Anything that is USB 2.0 UVC compliant .
    UVC means USB Video Class.
    Like the mass storage USB devices there is an included driver.
    Depending on you Firewire ports and those any Firewire enabled DV Camcorder has you could use a DV Camcorder.
    NOTE: some HD versions will not work is some apps.
    HD tends to be 16:9 format and iChat/Messages and Photo Booth are 4:3
    Having said there is a UVC driver in the OS it will not always give you the same features that a windows os might do.
    10:00 pm      Tuesday; December 17, 2013
      iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
     G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
     MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
     Mac OS X (10.6.8),
     Couple of iPhones and an iPad

• Trouble setting up X with FreeBSD 7.1 on my Thinkpad T60 1951-FCG

Hi! 
    I'm having some trouble setting up X on my Thinkpad T60 1951-FCG running FreeBSD 7.1. When I run whatever config, either the one I get from X -configure or one edited after my settings, all I get is a black screen. The screen is a tad bit lighter than when my laptop is powered off though. This effectivly locks my laptop up -- the only way I can get out of the "black screen of death" is to SSH in and kill the process, which then turns my monitor into this: http://folk.ntnu.no/sigurdhj/laptop_fail.jpg. The only way I can get back to a normal screen is by rebooting. If I try to start X through SSH, I get prompted with the message: Failed to load DMI info, X60 TV quirk not applied.
    I've given the 'vesa' driver a go aswell, with that I can get a picture at least, but still loads of error messages. My monitor works perfectly with Windows XP, Ubuntu, and PC-BSD -- which leads me to believe that my monitor is fine, and that it's just a matter of configuring it right.
    After the read of 'man intel' I'm thinking it could be something with the setting LVDSFixedMode, but the information about that was just too advanced for me to make anything of. I've included my xorg.conf.new file aswell as the Xorg.0.log file.
    Hope there is someone out there bored enough to help me sort this out.
    (xorg.conf: http://folk.ntnu.no/sigurdhj/xorg.conf.new.txt )
    (Xorg.0.log: http://folk.ntnu.no/sigurdhj/Xorg_0_log.txt )
    Cheers,
    Kladd

If you check the info on the AirPort Utility 5.6.1 download page, this application is for Leopard and Snow Leopard....10.5.7 to 10.6.8
    It will not run on Lion
    Instead, you need to download and install AirPort Utility 5.6 for Mac OS X Lion

• Is cs5 compatible with Lenovo ThinkPad W530?

Quick question... I own a copy of the CS5 and am thinking of buying the
    Lenovo   ThinkPad W530 2438-4CU 15.6" .... It appears to be a good match.. Any thoughts?
    Jamnjules

That looks like a great machine. Yes it should be fine with CS5 as CS5 is compatible with Win 7 Pro.

• What webcam is compatible with Toshiba 32L4333 TV

Hi
    could you please suggest me is I need a specific webcam for my smart tv to use Skype or if I can buy any webcam i want?
    regards

As far as I know the *TALK-7291-T* (freetalk) webcam is compatible with Toshiba TVs in
    _Europe:_
    TL938, TL968, RL938, RL958, WL968, L4333, L4353, L4363, L4336, L4356, L4366, L6353, L6363, M6353, M6363, L7333, L7353, L7363, L7335, L7355, L7365, M8333, M8353, M8363, L9363, YL985G, M9363.
    _US:_
    32L4300U, 39L4300U, 50L4300U, 58L4300U, 50L7300U, 58L7300U, 65L7300U, 58L7350U, 65L7350U, 58L9300U, 65L9300U, 84L9300U.

Maybe you are looking for

• Text vs Email Notification

Is there anyway to have a separate ringtone for text messages and email notifications and if so how do I set this up. Regards, John

• HT1688 volume button not working

One of the side button on my iPhone 5 is not working. I was able to raise the volume but cannot decrease it. Why does this happen? something worng with the phone?

• Optimization on Load Time (Large Images and Sounds)

Hi, I have an all flash website that works by having each portion of it to load and unload in the center of a frame based off the navigation chosen.  Load times on everything but one part of my site are ok. The dimensions of the part inside the frame

• Suggestion-Let us choose what videos to sync to devices

Why can you not choose exactly what music videos to sync to your iphone or other apple devices?  I just want a few videos on my iphone, NOT all 200 of them.  Is there a way to choose exactly what music videos to sync?  Thank you for your assistance.

• RE: Escript question [Ref:C498609]

Hi Arpad, You're correct in that trying to find an application subagent will leave the environment agent as the current agent, and will be the focus of subsequent commands. The way we achieved a more robust way of dealing with this is to write a very