Travel Adapter for 130W T530

Hello,
I have a T530, and I'm stuck for what I need to do to get a travel (airplane+car cigarette lighter+AC) power adapter for this system.  It has the enhanced graphics, so I use the 130W adapter.
I have the 90W travel adapter from my T500, and I tried connecting it with Power Manager set to "airplane seat power mode" so that it wouldn't blow any fuses and will reduce its power draw.  However, when I connect the 90W adapter, it runs off battery anyway and hover over Power Manager shows a tooltip saying that "this adapter does not provide enough power".  So, I disconnected, turned off Airplane Seat Mode, and reconnected, and it did run for a few seconds but sure enough blew the 3A fuse in my car.
So, two questions:
1) Anyone know where I can find a 130W+ travel poewr adapter?  I want to have 130W when I'm on AC mains, and the option to use DC power, without having to carry two separate bricks.  So I need the 130W equivalent of the old travel adapter.  I don't even see a 3rd party option like iGo at this wattage.
2) Anyone know how to get a 130W T530 to stop blowing fuses?  If I have 3A@12V, that is up to 36W available.  I noitice right now while disconnected from a charger that my laptop is pulling 1.4A @ 11.57V from the battery = 16W, so it should definitely be possible to run off of my car's cigarette lighter without blowing the fuse.  I was hoping the "airplane seat mode" setting would do the trick... but apparently not.
One note... hardwiring an AC inverter to the battery/alternator with an 11A fuse is not an option for me since I am always in a rental car when using my laptop.

I have a 15A fuse for all 3 cigarette lighter outlets together.  My 2-way splitter in one of them has a 3A fuse in each leg, which I am holding, that is now blown after  my experiment.  Be that as it may, my question is whether there exists a travel power adapter that is capable of outputting 130W when connected to AC mains and also running at any wattage (maybe 130W or lower) when connected to car DC power.  Can anyone help with that?

Similar Messages

• Travel adapter for IPod touch 32 GB 3rd generation

Dear All,
    I do have a brand new IPod touch 32 GB, 3rd generation. As I will be travelling to the US I need a travel adapter. The travel adapter offered by Apple is per description only compatible with the 1st and 2nd generation.
    Are you experienced? Does the original equipment also fit to the 3rd generation?
    Thanks for your help in advance

There was a time when my iPod earphones bonked out. The volume/remote control did not work and the same things that you all said happened (i.e.: voice control turns on and off by itself, songs shuffle on their own, the song turns chipmunky, etc.) but these stopped when I took out the earphones. I replaced them with a new pari and all these did not recur.
    My guess is that when the speakers/earphones you use have a problem with the plug thingy (the one where you plug into the unit), this may cause these erratic behaviors. Try replacing the speakers/earphones and see what happens.
    I have since brought my earphones to the shop since my unit was still under warranty, and they have replaced it with a new pair. It's working perfectly now.

• Travel Adapter for HP Envy Spectre XT 13-2050nr

I'd like to know what travel adapter (cigarette lighter + airplane) will work with the HP Envy Spectre XT 13-2050nr.
    Thank you

Hello,
    Yes the connector cable is unique. If you bought the Slim Travel Adaptor it require this cable.
    If you bought a kit for the Spectre XT and it did not contain the right cable.
    Call into the Premium Tech Support an request -
    Spare Part Description
    Spare Part Number
    SPS- 65W n-S detachable cable
    696075-001
    I am an HP employee.
    "Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"

• Universal Travel Adapter for the Zen Mi

I'm planning on ordering a 6GB white Zen Micro from the Creative store soon and hopefully getting it in time for my trip to Germany and France this July - so I've also been looking at the Uni'versal Travel Adapter in the Creative store also. But I have a few questions about it...
    Since the normal power adapter seems to be out of stock for the time being, I was planning on just using the USB charger with my computer to recharge *while I have the player in the US* - which is really no big deal - but does the uni'versal travel adapter offered *need* the "regular" power adapter too, or does it plug straight into the micro and then into the wall without it's
    Also, will the uni'versal power adapter work in France and Germany? (I'm pretty sure it will, I'm just asking because I don't want any nasty surprises!)
    Thanks for your help, I'm a terrible n00b to the whole mp3 player thing period - but I feel better asking.

The travel adapter doesn't need the other charger also, it's stand-alone.
    It will work in France and Germany.
    Really all the travel adapter is, is the original adapter with different sockets. If the other adapter were available you can get this and buy a travel socket.

• The Universal Travel Adapter for Zen Micropho

k i li've in canada and i bought this thing. Aparently it is supposed to come with 5 different plug ins. I never got these. Dunno why but i never did.... Where can i buy them seperatly? Can i even do this? Thanks

Leafs,
    Are you positi've that you have gotten the correct package There's a Zen power adaptor that comes without those interchangeable plug which I saw from the online store here. If you're sure you have gotten the correct package perhaps you should contact the vendor/Customer Support(if you had order from the online store) and verify with them.
    Jason

• Apple Travel Adapter suitable for MBA?

In the Apple Store website, the products listed as suitable for the Apple Travel Adapter Kit includes the MacBook but does not mention the MacBook Air. (The MBA's MagSafe Power Adapter is 45W; the Mac Book's is 60W) Has anyone used any of the Apple adapters with an MBA? I'm going to be in Argentina next February and would like to use mine while there.
    Hope someone can help me!
    Warewolf

The travel adapter kit is only the detachable plugs that you can swap out on your brick. I have used the travel adapter kit appropriate attachments in Europe and UK and it works perfectly. The brick itself is the "converter" for your MBA. The travel adapter kit is just the interchangeable plugheads.

• Travel adapter needs for iPod

Hi all:
    I'm loaning my G4 20GB iPod to a friend who will be traveling to Ireland, England, Italy and the Ukraine and I want to be sure that the iPod isn't fried when he tries to charge it.
    I'm giving him one of my Firewire AC Wall Chargers and a Firewire cable. Will he need a voltage converter in addition to the appropriate AC plugs for each country? Or will just the appropriate AC plugs do? Is buying Apple's own travel adapter kit necessary, or will any other particular brand of plugs do just as well?
    All advice and recommendations are appreciated!

If yours are the Apple iPod power adapter, then it should be ok, as which is i.e. 110-240V, please take a look of it, it shows the specification. However, your friend may need the AC univeral plug, e.g. 2 pins or 3 pins

• HT1665 I have a World Travel Adapter Kit for use with my iPad. can the plug adapters also be used on the Mac Pro charger to charge up my laptop when travelling or is a special converter needed.M

I have a World Travel Adapter Kit for use with my iPad when traveling abroad. I know this charger can be used on an iPhone, can the plug adapters also be used with the charger of a Mac Book Pro or is a special converter required?

Is there any concern about the type of travel adapter kit? For instance, some instructions indicate they are for heat creating appliances (hairdryers, curling irons, etc.). I bought such a set, but do they present any issues if used with more delicate electronic circuitry (for iPads, iPods, or with camera battery chargers). I am leaving for the UK on Monday and need to get it right - are they too strong for the Apple products if they are not to be used with computers? What other options are out there?

• I'm travelling to the philippines to bring my mac book pro, do i need an adapter for the 220v outlet?

i'm travelling to the Philippines  to bring my mac book pro, do i need an adapter for the 220 v outlet?

You will need an adaptor to convert the plug only, the voltage is fine.

• Which adapter plug  in World Travel Adapter Kit is right for Argentina?

My father in law is off to Argentina with his PowerBook in tow. We know it can handle the voltage down there but I don't know which world adapter plug he needs as it's not listed as one of the choices in the World Travel Adapter Kit. Nothing for South America is listed in the kit, for that matter. Any ideas?
    Thanks much,
    Jake

Jake,
    Check out this site for the type of connector and voltage used in Argentina (and everywhere else for that matter).
    http://kropla.com/electric2.htm
    It is the "Australian" type that he needs.
    If he hasn't already bought Apple's adapter kit I'd recommend he just buy a travel adapter in Argentina, or in the Airport departure lounge on the way out - they only cost a couple of bucks and will work just fine. When I moved from Canada to the UK nearly two years ago I thought the Apple kit was overpriced - spent £2 on the relevant travel adapter that I'm still using.
    Good luck,
    Gareth

• Where can I get a iPhone 5s power adapter for travel to Great Britain?

We are traveling to Great Britain this summer and understand that we will need an English power adapter to charge our iPhone 5s.  Can anyone recommend where I can get one????

The UK requires the 3x large pin adapter for the UK wall sockets
    as in this
    http://www.iec.ch/worldplugs/typeG.htm

• I just purchased the Apple MB974ZM/B World Travel Adapter Kit for my iphone 5. It says it works for the 4.  Does anyone know if this will work for my iphone 5?

I just purchased the Apple MB974ZM/B World Travel Adapter Kit for my iphone 5. It says it works for the 4.  Does anyone know if this will work for my iphone 5?

here is the link to Apples compatibility guide for it.
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB974ZM/B/apple-world-travel-adapter-kit

• Need a reliable power adapter for travel

I am traveling to Russia in a few weeks and I need a good power adapter for my Mac Book Pro, iphone, and other small devices such as a shaver. I don't want to spend $40-50 on the Apple travel kit. Does anyone know of a good adapter kit or can lead me to a site. This is my first time in Europe and Russia and I will be there for 2 weeks and I plan to use my laptop, camcorder, and camera a ton.

All you need is an AC prong adapter and, if you can't find what you need on the web, you'll be able to find one in Russia for a small handful of rubles.

• I have the Ipod Nano. I'm traveling to Australia which has the following current: 240V AC, 50Hz. I have a travel plug adapter for the Australian electric sockets. Will I be able to use my Ipod charger with an Australian travel plug adapter or will I also

I have the Ipod Nano. I’m traveling to Australia which has the following current:240V AC, 50Hz. I have a travel plug adapter for the Australian electricsockets. Will I be able to use my Ipod charger with an Australian travel plugadapter or will I also need a voltage converter? Australia which has thefollowing current: 240V AC, 50Hz.

I have the Ipod Nano. I’m traveling to Australia which has the following current:240V AC, 50Hz. I have a travel plug adapter for the Australian electricsockets. Will I be able to use my Ipod charger with an Australian travel plugadapter or will I also need a voltage converter? Australia which has thefollowing current: 240V AC, 50Hz.

• Why hasn't apple created its own USB or USB adapter for their products.? Since an iPhone or iPad make traveling and doing school work or on the job work, why not create a USB to make transferring information easier too.?

Why hasn't apple created its own USB or USB adapter for their products.? Since an iPhone or iPad make traveling and doing school work or on the job work, why not create a USB to make transferring information easier too.?

In some folks' version of the world, you have plenty of ways. YOu have the aforementioned services, you have iCloud, all you need is an internet connection and you're good to go. And that works perfectly...if you always have the internet.
    If you want more non-internet dependant ways, then the best way to let Apple know is to send them feedback. They don't monitor or respond to this forum (Beyond removing rule breaking posts) but they do at least log feedback. However, the lack of a file manager will always be an obstacle. There are some apps out there that have at least a pseudo file manager - as in the ability to move documents into multiple other apps. I have Readdle Docs which I can use to download and move things around with, but again, back to the internet or wireless.

Maybe you are looking for