Trouble enabling S-Video out (to TV) on a T41

I followed the instructions here: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-58625
(I have the first option - ATI Radeon Mobility 9000)
Right click on desktop -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Displays
They show a red power button on the top left of the TV box. Mine isn't red, and there's a "Not connected" message in the box. Clicking the are that should be red doesn't do anything.
If I unplug the S-Video cable from the T41 and plug it into a DVD player, the TV plays the DVD. When the T41 is hooked to the TV, there a black screen that says "VIDEO 1" on the top left.   (So the S-Video cable works.) 
(I also tried checking the "Extend my monitor..." option, but when I click apply it reloads that window with the option deselected. That option is available if you click on the blue "2" box on the window with the Advanced button.
(I also tried rebooting the computer, with the S-Video cable plugged in and the TV on. I tried opening the settings window with the S-Video already plugged in, and with it not already plugged in.)
(I also tried reinstalling the ATI drivers.)
Thanks for any help.
Thinkpad T41 2373 W4A
Windows XP SP3

I've done this with my powerbook, only I had the DVD player app on the TV, and was using the laptop LCD for other apps. It worked just fine. In fact I did it on two different TVs, once using s-video (w/optical sound out even) and once with DVI.
I can't speak to your specifc application (Logic) but I don't know why it wouldn't work the same way.

Similar Messages

• Gatos - how to enable s-video output for ATI

i need to make s-video work on my laptop (want to connect laptop to big screen to present things - unfortunately this screen has no VGA but s-video)
    in [extra] there is atitvout that should do this and also do so on my old computer (ATI mach64 chipset)
    atitvout does not work on my thinkpad a31p - it does not recognize the card correctly and fails. for x.org i use the radeon driver and this works fine. it's a ATI FireGL 7800 that works fine with the "RV200" driver. but "radeon" does not have s-video output as far i know - no options how to enable s-video-out
    after a long search on the internet, reading that most users that have my laptop never tried to make s-video work, i found GATOS:
    under:
    http://gatos.sourceforge.net/theater_out.php
    there is a module that, if i understand it correctly, should make s-video work
    what i don't know:
    - how do you build this driver?
    - how do you use it?
    (anyone able to make a pkg work with newest xorg?)
    nowhere documented is how to use it with xorg >6.8.0
    anyone can help me?

atitvout just works with the vesa driver ...
    and try the option "atitvout -f t" (and remember to put the tv connected before booting)
    but the gatos drivers would be much better

• I am having trouble looking at video podcasts on my ipod touch. they are all greyed out. I have tried removing them and resyncing. this did not work. any ides?

I am having trouble looking at video podcasts on my ipod touch. they are all greyed out. I have tried removing them and resyncing. this did not work. any ideas?

Try:
    - Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost
    Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
    least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    - Unsync all media and resync
    - Reset all settings
    Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.
    All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.
    - Restore from backup. See:                                 
    iOS: How to back up           
    - Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

• Video out cable extension

I have the video out cables for the iPod which, due to the recessed hole in the iPhone, wont fit. I dont mind buying a new one for my home, the only trouble is that I have one installed into my car entertainment system. The plug goes into the back of my pioneer headunits "brain" which is located behind the dashboard. Not easy at all to replace, I would truly like to avoid it.
    As an alternative, does anyone know of, or have a good idea of, an extension cable that can be used to carry the video signal? This way I dont have to replace the cable, I can just use something similiar to the belkin adapter that Apple sells.
    Hmm. Wonder if that belkin adapter was made knowing that the video out was going to be enabled eventually... Any ideas?

You need to purchase the new apple component AV cables. The old av cables that go into the headphone jack no longer work for the new ipods and iphone. The new apple component av cables are now connected through dock connector.
    I went to the apple store today and got the new Apple AV component cables, went home and plugged my phone. The cables are huge, 5 connections (component), a doc, and usb plug. You can not separate the cables at all. You also get a second charger.
    All the videos that i have on my phone are my own encoded videos. They are 640x480 at 700kbps-900Kbps with 2 pass encoding. Audio at 140-160kbps.
    So quality, I had my phone plugged into a standard TV. 750kbps and below is not bad but you can see some pixelation around objects from time to time. Everything above 800kbps looks as if the movie was being played from dvd. Aspect ratio is retained and everything looks pretty awesome. Controls for the movie are from the iphone. Audio is pretty good as well.
    I will try connecting to my GF's HD tv and see what happens.

• What is the difference between Video-out and mirroring?

What is the difference between Video-out and mirroring? I can't get iPhone 4 video to work on my TV screen
    I have just bought an MD098ZM/A (Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter). I am struggling to get it to show a picture on my TV. I know I'm doing something right because the audio is coming out of my TV speakers but no picture on the TV screen.
    I have used the same HDMI channel (on the TV side) with the same cable and my thunderbolt port (MacBook Air) without any trouble - and on the same app (BBC iPlayer download then full-screen mode).
    Now I note that the packaging for the MD098ZM/A says video-out on iPhone 4 but mirroring only on iPhone 4S. I only have an iPhone 4 (not the 4S). Now if the lack of iPhone 4 support for mirroring means that I can't play video material out to my TV, then in what sense is there any video-out capability at all?
    There is only safety and warranty paperwork in the Apple adapter packaging - no help information. And I haven't found further guidance online either.
    I do note somewhere online that it suggests that basic non-mirroring video-out (for this adapter) only works with some external TV sets. Any way of finding out which? I'm using a Sanyo CE32LD90-B LCD TV if it helps.
    So far not doing very well.

Now found these but have had to give up on this adapter!
    http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4108

• 3rd generation iPod Touch and Video Out - "whoops!!!"

Before I jump to any conclusions about Apple, here is my experience with the Video out operation of my brand new 3rd generation 64 GB iPod Touch. This is my third iPod and about a year ago I decided (at great personal expense) to purchase the Apple Composite AV Cable (despite the fact that you can buy copies of the cable on eBay for 1/10th the price). When I plugged this cable into my new iPod touch, the Video Out option was greyed out. I tried lots of different things but eventually gave up and went to the Apple Store to see what it said about compatability. Sure enough, the 3rd Generation Touch is the ONLY iPod, iPhone etc not mentioned. I call my friendly apple support person who says "*of course it will work, I am 100% sure*". I then jokingly asked if he would give me $1000 if he was wrong and begrudgingly he put me on hold "just to check". 15 minutes later (unusual for Apple) he came back to me saying that *I "might" be right but he was 100% sure that if I connected my cable via a Universal Dock it would work.*
    Now, before I go out and spend any more money on a Universal Dock, has anybody tried this? Why would apple make the change ONLY to the 3rd Gen iPod touch?
    I have noticed that there is one nasty non-apple cable on the market that claims it will work BUT it doesn't have the ability to charge...... besides I ONLY buy legit Apple products.
    Any comments?

Wow Apple pulled tha last post almost as quick as it was written.
    I have been in the IT industry for 18 years, when I started out I read the Mac bible and got a job supporting 1000 macs (remember the wonderful days of the symbol of the little bomb and all you could do is re-install the OS - what a joke). We ditched the Mac due to limited application support (nothing has changed much has it). I did not look at another apple product for 15 years, got a Touch for free ( CC points) Firmware 2.2, loved the little bugger, had a whole new respect for Apple. Happily got 2 cables from eBay for $5.00 for both, video to the tv, charging, audio, best of all worlds. Then, I upgrade to version 3.01 for $5.00, what a deal, copy paste, etc. till I plug in my cables and nothing works anymore. Take it to the car for my FM receiver,. only mono now. Oh sorry you now have to dish out $50.00 for our cables (the /B version not the /A cause we even screwed our customers that bought our own cables) and oh ya you can only buy over priced FM receiver products that pay bloated license fees to Apple. Then we come to your story, you buy "Only Apple products" which do not work (check for the /A model of the cable, you need the /B (/B= Buy again?? Maybe) and then the support guy tells your to go out and spend yet another $50.00 on a universal dock and you are asking if you should do it. Sure spend another $50.00 for the chip enabled dock, it will work, hmm, I think I have put together a pc for less than $100.00

• Can't get Ipod classic to work with video out to TV

I have 80gb IPOD classic,3rd gen. I bought the Dynex docking station w/video & audio out to TV kit. I have it hooked up exactly as they instuct. I also have my settings on IPOD to TV out enabled, NTSC, and captions on. But when I try and play a video, all I get is the "TV out enabled, connect video cable" message. It won't play. Is it possible my IPOD is defective? It is new. Any suggestions?

Is it possible my IPOD is defective?
    Probably not, but it's more than likely that the docking station either isn't compatible with the Classic or the cables supplied with it aren't.
    Does it specifically say the Dynex is Classic compatible?

• Video out to tv with NFL Sunday ticket

I have the NFL Sunday ticket app. When I connect the iPad to the tv to watch the game on the big screen the tv only receives sound. No picture. Yes, the cables are correctly connected.

Developers can choose to disable video-out (the opposite of last summer, when on the iPad1 the developer had to choose to enable it)... and from what I hear, many media/TV outlets have disabled it.

• K1 - HDMI video out issue

Hello,
    First post to this forum.
    I bought my K1 end of November.  I purchased two micro-HDMI cables, and not seeing video out.  Briefly saw the picture on screen once or twice, but nothing consistent.  Have plugged my K1 into 4 or 5 different HDMI-enabled monitors/TVs, no luck.  The cable doesn't seem to sit very securely in the hdmi port.  These are definitely micro HDMI cables I purchased from two different sources (not mini-HDMI).  They may only have been HDMI 1.3 version cables, but I think they should have worked.
    Sent my K1 in for Lenovo service and came back this week. Everything with HDMI checked out according to Lenovo support.  I actually just ordered two more "high speed" 3 ft cables from monoprice hoping this solves the issue (version 1.4).  I should have the two new cables next week
    Has anyone else had issues with HDMI video out?  I would like to know from others if the HDMI worked well for them.  Don't know what to expect.
    Thanks!
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

My Micro HDMI to HDMI cable works fine with my K1.  I have to watch that my micro HDMI plug is fully into the K1's socket, because my case sometimes is too close to the socket and the plug touches my case preventing the plug to fit all the way into the socket and making connection.  Like the case.   It's a MoKo from Amazon.com for $20. 

• IPhone 2G video out problems

Hi all,
    Since updating to 2.1 (via Pwnage) I have been unable to get video out in my iPhone 2G.
    I have Apple component AV cables which worked fine on 2.01 with both my TV and the projectors used at University (I use this in my lectures). Upgrading to 2.2 has not fixed the problem.
    Annyhoo, once I plug them in I get the dreaded 'This device is not compatible etc...' message and all I get is audio. I have even had this warning when using the cable and the wall plug to recharge.
    I have looked through MacTalk and Apple's Support site and several people have been having trouble with 3rd party cables but mine are Apple, came in the nice shiny (expensive) box 'n everything. Apple Support (US) definitely lists this cable as compatible with my iPhone.
    Can anyone offer practical advice, or do I have to back to 2.01 to get this to work?

jasako wrote:
    Hi all,
    Since updating to 2.1 (via Pwnage)...
    Can anyone offer practical advice, or do I have to back to 2.01 to get this to work?
    Restore your iPhone to the factory firmware, then try the Apple Component AV Cable. Else, seek elsewhere for assistance, as Apple Discussions is not the place to seek support for hacked/jailbroken iPhones.

• IBook Clamshell video out modification

I recentley purchased an iBook Clamshell with out video out and I really need video out. I was wondering if I was to replace the sound board in my graphite ibook with the video board from a key lime ibook would it enable me to use video out. Also if I was to take the DVD drive out of my e sytem could I then burn DVD's on my clamshell ibook.

Highly dubious.
    They are fairly inexpensive these days. Why not buy the one that meets your needs?
    Choose the model you need/want from the list here:
    http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ibook/index-ibook.html

• A few Video Out related questions (yes I searched)

Hello there! I've been searching the net and these forums for awhile now and didn't find answers to these specific questions. Any help would be appreciated.
    Question 1:
    I (now) know that the iPod Classic is extremely picky in regard to getting video signals to the TV. I know that Apple requires that I purchase its cords and/or its Apple Universal Dock (not to be mistaken with the iPod Universal Dock, which is discontinued) in order to enable output to my TV. However, I have read in a few other places that the iPod Universal Dock will work with the iPod Classic. Is this true? If I plug my iPod Classic into the iPod Universal Dock will I be able to use a non-Apple cord that connects from the headphone jack in the dock to AV cables (Yellow and White) on the TV? Also, will the S-Video on the iPod Universal Dock work with my iPod Classic? I really don't feel like going out and spending another $100 on the new Apple dock and cords.
    Question 2:
    In regard to the iPod Universal Dock, I have noticed that there are three part numbers: MA045G/A, MA045G/B, and MA045G/C. Is there any significant difference between these? Will all (or none) of them work with my iPod Classic?
    Any other tips on how to get around having to spend another $100?
    Any help is great. Thanks!

The info provided by the link <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300233> is incompatible with users' answers posted above.
    I am getting ready to try a 3rd-party S-Video to composite cable to play video from my new 80G iPod classic via an older Universal Dock (w/S-Video out) to a TV system. Will report back on results.

• Can't enable S-Video to TV on Satellite P305D-S8834 Vista 64bit

I've been trying to connect my TV thru the S-Video out but the second display won't stay enabled.
    I've updated the drivers with Toshiba's latest, using ATI's CCC ver 8.10 and neither will enable second display.
    Toshiba's phone Tech Support wants me to send it in for service. I will if I have to but I don't want to.
    Specs:
    Memory: 4GB
    CPU: AMD TurionX2, 64 Bit
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3100
    Graphics Driver: 8.479-080422a-063870C-Toshiba

Hi charlieboy,
    don't no if this will help you, but i had the same prob on my then brand new Tosh P10.
    Tosh tec advised return, which i did.
    When i got it back i had no probs [microprocessor replaced] i use mine for karaoke. So i have to work with all sorts of TV's and i new the correct way to set up, which by the way techinician did not know or never mentioned this is how i do it.
    As already been said computer must be OFF, lead connected ,switch TV ON, [ yes ON]
    Select display properties, settings. Now drag and drop the number two [2] display on top of display one [1] follow on screen message to apply.
    Make sure you tick the two boxes use this, and extend under screen resolution box.
    Hope this helps.
    By the way; Tosh told before sending back to use recovery disc to clear every thing out that was not preinstalled bit of a bind if you have put programes in
    colin

• Video out fire wire port from iTunes?

Final cut and Pro Tools LE both have the ability to send video from a G5 to a TV out of the fire wire port via a Canopus ADVC-110. Why doesn't iTunes? I understand that the new Mac TV gizmo plus an airport card will do this, but I already have all the hardware I need for this to work. I just need iTunes to take advantage of the same external video option that Final Cut and Pro Tools LE have. Anyone know of a patch or something that would make this happen. Or at least a stand alone player that will play the m4v iTunes video files and play video out fire wire port to my canopus which will then send it to the TV?

In an attempt to get my iTunes downloaded TV episodes to play on my TV without having to buy the Apple TV hardware and an airport card I have been trying to find a way to convert the m4v video files into a format that can be read by a stand alone player that allows me to output video playback through my fire wire port so my canopus box can then send it to my tv and stereo. I tried iSquint and it does not work. I get an AppleScript error "Can't make "" into type real. (-1700)" If you hit OK the program then spins it's wheels with the progress report "Preparing Audio for File 1..." It is still my belief that Apple should enable iTunes to output video through the fire wire port. Since Final Cut Pro and Pro Tools LE have that ability and it works I assume that it should work wth iTunes. Please send iTunes feedback from within iTunes and ask apple to add this option to iTunes.

• Video out on Ze

First I wanted to say hi to everyone. HI ?Second, I want to say I have owned a Creative Vision M since it came out. I loved everything about it and never really had any problems whatsoever. Sad thing is, it was stolen from the gym 3 weeks ago. I feel completely lost without it. Used to use it everday at work to break up the day. So here's the deal. I have read numerous numerous forums thread regaurding the zen. I see alot of people frustrated about different problems they're having. Since I have had good success in the past with Creative (never had to deal with their CS!), i have decided to purchase the 32gb. I am comfortable, for my purposes, that this player should suit me fine. My only question is, I know that it doesnt have video out, but is that a hardware or software thing? Could they add it later in a firmware? Just wondering.
    Loved that feature!!? Used to put DVD's my girl didnt have on it, and go over and watch them on her tv. NIce and easy, no dvd's to carry, just my trusty player. Not a make or break, but would be nice. Thanks in advance?Jeep

No, I doubt it. I don't think they designed the headphone jack to work that way. The reason they didn't enable that, IMO, is you have to use 320x240 videos on the Zen, this would look horrible on a screen any larger than 2.5".

Maybe you are looking for

• How to create a custom report and include multiple extended CRM database?

I have created a number of CRM databas extensions and applied all there fields to my contacts and cases. I might have for example: - Additional address details - Business information - Quote Details - Trade Referees I know how to run a custom report

• Create new plug-in on Mac - FYI

I just went through this process and thought I would jot down the steps, since they are a little bit more complicated than the notes in the SDK documentaion. To make a new plug-in named Whizbang from the template named Skeletion...    0.   Copy the S

• How can i get icloud id "i have apple id" ??

I can't get an icloud account and there is no page or place to do!! I already have an apple ID so just tell me how i can get the 'icloud' account Example ([email protected]) Thnx

• Count records; Confirm disable

Hi! I'm using Oracle Forms 6i. Is there way to count number of records in a data block? I mean all records, regardless of their status. One more question. I use my own procedures to post data to database, so i don't use commit_form, create_record, et

• Can i get some help with i-tunes?

i just got the new version of itunes and now it wont even start up. theres no message or anything. i tried right clicking it and clicking open and it still doesnt work.i also, before the problem, saved all the itunes music to a seperate folder in a d