Trying to connect to networked lexmark t622

I am a teacher at a high school and I am trying to connect to the networked printers in the school. One of my students who has a laptop running windows XP goes to printer set up wizard and types in \\schs-fileserver\e2groupstudyt622 (would this be case sensitive?) and instantly connects and can print. I have downloaded the driver for the lexmark t622 but cannot connect to the printer. I do not know any of the network information and will not be able to get it. Please help!

On OS X, you should be able to Add the printer in Printer Setup using +/Add, More Printers, Windows Printing, browse to the printer using the same info.
(Windows sharing needs to be on in Sharing prefs.)

Similar Messages

• Error while trying to connect to network

My powerbook will be 3 years old in about 2 weeks and it is now having problems connecting to wireless networks. It connects fine to the network at my parent's house, and they have a dsl router from verizon. However, a little while back, I noticed that I could no longer connect to the wireless network in my apartment, which has the same type of dsl router (also verizon). I keep getting an message saying there was an error trying to connect to the network. I can still get on to the internet at the apartment if I connect via ethernet but I can no longer connect wirelessly. My brother has just recently experienced the same problem and he has an ibook. He can connect at our house, but cannot connect wirelessly in my apartment.
    Yesterday, though I was at my new apartment trying to connect to the wireless network the neighbor set up. It's some router with comcast. I was getting the same error message about being unable to connect and yet all my other roommates can connect fine wirelessly. All of them use PCs, and I wasn't sure if there was something wrong with my airport or anything else that could be wrong with my computer. All the networks are WEP password protected and I'm using the correct password, the computer just will not connect.
    Is there something wrong with my computer or is there some information I may be missing from the router? I just don't understand why I can connect to some networks and not others.
      Mac OS X (10.4.10)  

I think you just have to keep trying the reset routines. Leaving the device turned off for a spell may be helpful.

• Wireless Printer keep freezing when trying to connect to network

I have a HP Officejet Pro L7780 All In One and it keeps freezing whenever I try to connect it to the network via Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer control panel. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but it asks for me to connect my network through Wireless Setup Wizard which I can't do. Please help me. This is urgent. Can you please try and use layman (simple) terms when replying as my knowledge on printers and laptops are not that great. 

Hi @Zo_e178 , and welcome to the HP Forums!
    I see you are experiencing connectivity issues.  I would like to help!
    I would recommend performing a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.
    I would then recommend this document on Wireless printing center Troubleshooting Issues.
    Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!
    Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
    Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!
    Jamieson
    I work on behalf of HP
    "Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.

• N86 that is trying to connect to Network ALL the t...

My n86 8MP are trying to connect to a network ALL the time. Even when i have turned of to NEVER at Tools, Connection Wireless LAN,  and Internet connection test.
    There is no program open i background either.
    What can that be?
    Could it be my Email program Check interval? Even if the email program are totally closed?
    //memory
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

If you have set the email to check at certain intervals, it will check during those intervals. You cant totally close email app. Once you have configured it, its like a text message, it will work continuously. The only way to stop it is to set the email check to manual.
    If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.

• Finder crashes when trying to connect to network share

Hi!
    I've just upgraded my Mid 2012 MacBook Pro to Mavericks, and found that Finder always crashes when trying to connect to my office network share via an IPSec VPN connection. It's a Synology DiskStation NAS, so i have the options to connect via AFP or SMB, however both result in the same, the crashing of finder. Even after i relaunch it, i can't open finder, and can't even shut down or restart my system (only by holding the power button for 5 secs...)
    At first i thought it's the result of the latest Little Snitch version, but the problem remained after completely removing Little Snitch.
    Unfortunalely i won't be able to try connecting to the NAS on the local network until monday, but i'd really appreciate if someone could point me to the direction of some solution as this way i can't do any of my work.

Just a quick heads up. I finally managed to resolve the issue. It seems that mavericks doesn't handle the MTU of the vpn connection correctly, so i ended up modifying the MTU on the VPN gateway.

• Trying to connect using Network Browser, AppleTalk

I am trying to connect to another computer in my office. I go to the Apple Menu, Network Browser, AppleTalk, click AppleTalk and usually the name of the other computer that I want access to appears in the list, the last two days the other computer name does not appears in the AppleTalk list? Do you have any helpful ideas to how I can access my other computer?
    Message was edited by: Wet irish
    Sorry for the two posts!

If the other computer and your computer do not BOTH have AppleTalk ON, and assigned to the same medium (typically Ethernet) you will not be able to connect.
    If either computer is losing its PRAM backup battery, a power fluctuation can corrupt the parameters, including AppleTalk settings.
    If either computer is upgraded to 10.4 or later, AppleTalk File Sharing was removed at that point, so you will have to connect using IP. You can click on the big button in the Chooser, "Server IP Address", and enter the other computer's IP address. \[The other computer is acting as a Server in this case.]

• Error 8013013d - When trying to connect to Network

Can anybody tell me what this error means it is sometimes accompanied by a message "cannot find IP address.

Re: Error 8013013d 
      08-08-2008 05:47 PM I started to get the 8013013D error message when I changed the wireless encryption on my router from WEP to WPA-PSK.  I would run through all the settings, input the SSID and the encryption password and then accept the PS3 defaults for the other settings.  At the end I did Test Connection and the error came up.  I knew the settings I was entering was correct, because I used them on my laptop to connect wirelessly.  I tried a few more times, incase I had input the password incorrectly etc but always got the same error. I ran through it again, but this time I didn't select Test connection, instead I did the Turn Off the System by holding down the PS button.  When I turned it back on again and checked the Network Settings | Settings and Connection Status List, all the information was there, including the IP address and DNS information. So for me, it seems the Test Connection caused the problem for me.  Maybe it will help others. Cheers RDJFC   Holy crap it worked!!!!!! thanks! I'm not much of a gamer nor a tech head so you really helped me out. thanks again

• Error -14910 when trying to connect to network server

A user has a brand new (2 weeks old) Mac Pro 3.00GHZ quad running 8GB RAM that has started acting very strangelly this morning. I will break it down as it happened...
    - When logging on, it brought up the connect to server dialogue BEFORE the log on screen. It would not allow us to cancel the screen for ages, but eventually the third restart cleared that.
    - As soon as we logged on, it connected automatically to the server (without prompting for any password). From within apps, it was as if the server was not there, but a second connect would make the folders available. When trying to disconnect the first instance of the server, it prompted for an admin password and then said it was unable to disconnect.
    - Ran a permission repair, which cleared that issue but presented me with a far worse issue...The user can no longer connect to the server with his username; Error -14910
    - I then tried a whole bunch of other usernames to connect to the server but all failed. EVENTUALLY I was able to connect using the server's admin account, but obviously this is not ideal for my user.
    Other info: OS 10.4.7 on Mac Pro and Server
    Server is an XServe
    I can supply any more information needed, This is urgent, so any help at all gratefully recieved

Time error. Sorted

• My lap hangs when trying to connect wifi network

when I power on the lap, there is no issue with wifi connectivity,but with in 30 to 40 min wifi gets disconnected showing limited signal . We have created two networks on same wifi in our room. When I try to connect to other network lap hangs.also when I  power off wifi in lap during this situation ,I am unable turn on wifi again(wifi option blank,unable to select).Even task manager is not getting opened. I should power off lap by holding power button and again power on the lap. When it is on the same thing happens

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion 15-p077tx Notebook and issues with Wireless. Here is a link to the troubleshooting the Wireless connection. It has some helpful information inside of the document that has helped other. Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system it has built in Wireless troubleshooting assistance. If this continues I would change the Channel on the router. Routers are capable of communicating to your Notebook on several different channels. If your neighbours Wifis  on the same channel, your network speeds might have issues. I have searched Microsoft for a fix for this and they indicate on the forums that if you change the router channel to a different channel, this might resolve the connection issue. You could turn off IPv6 for the notebook. Some say this helps. Fix this problem Microsoft Fix it 50413.  Here is a link to help as well. Hope this is helpful. Thanks.

• Trying to connect, but network status says "Ethernet cable not plugged in"

I've got a G5, and I'm using a DSL modem (with 1 ethernet port) and a perfectly functional ethernet cable that is plugged in. Yet I can't connect to the internet, and according to the network status, the ethernet cable is not plugged in. Any help is appreciated.

I've got a G5, and I'm using a DSL modem (with 1
    ethernet port) and a perfectly functional ethernet
    cable that is plugged in. Yet I can't connect to the
    internet, and according to the network status, the
    ethernet cable is not plugged in. Any help is
    appreciated.
    There are only three things which could be wrong.
    1 the cable is bad or not properly connected. (most probable)
    2 the DSL device (what kind of DSL device, btw?) is bad or has a bad port or is not properly connected.
    3 the Mac has a bad ethernet port, a bad ethernet controller chip, or is not properly connected.
    I'd verify that the cable has a good connection, first thing. The best way is to unplug it (at both ends) and then plug it back in.
    If no joy, I'd go over to a friend's place with Mac, cable, and DSL device.
    I'd plug the Mac into the friend's local net, using the friend's cable; if that works, the problem isn't on the Mac. If it doesn't, I'd take the Mac over to a repair shop or would get a wireless card (if not installed already) and a wireless router and connect wirelessly. Be advised that the ethernet port on an iMac is built into the motherboard, and replacing/repairing that port will require a motherboard swap and will be expensive if you're not still under warranty or AppleCare.
    If the Mac works with the friend's cable, replace that cable with yours. If it stops working, your cable is bad. Replace it. If it keeps working, your DSL device is bad. Replace it.

• Connecting to network SQL Server from SQL Developer

Hi All,
    I am trying to connect to network SQL Server from SQLDeveloper but I am unable to connect( I am getting could not connect to SQL Server...). I have searched many sites but could not find the solution. I am giving HostName as MachineName\InstanceName and keeping the port as 1433.
    Can anyone explain how that connection string should be given.
    Thanks.

From help with additional comments
    Host Name: Host system for the Microsoft SQL Server or Sybase Adaptive Server database.
    E.g., sybase.myCompany.org (DNS name or IP address)
    Port: TCP/IP Port on which Microsoft SQL Server or Sybase Adaptive Server will listen.
    As mentioned by others, need to know how server is configured. Common values: 1433, 5000
    Retrieve Database: Name of the Microsoft SQL Server or Sybase Adaptive Server database.
    Once the other data is correct, press this to populate list box and select which database you want associated with this connection. E.g., pixar, pubs2, etc.
    Brian Jeffries
    SQL Developer Team

• In my small office ethernet network all of a sudden one of my imacs cannot be connected to. It can connect to all other computers and can access internet, but as soon as someone tries to connect to that mac, it disconnects from the network. Any ideas

I have a network of 9 macs that connect via ethernet and a router. All of a sudden one of the macs cannot be connected to. It can connect to all others and the internet, but no one can connect to that one. I have appletalk active and file sharing on, but everytime someone tries to connect to it, it is not on the network. Additionally, the personal file sharing keeps turning off even though I have it locked. Any ideas?

Hi orangekay
    not sure where you got the idea that I have
    bizarre encrypted filesystem plugins and scripts you have manipulating them all the time
    because I do not have any such running, just normal Applescripts that do tasks that could be done by hand.

• Trying to connect 2 mac mini's as a network, and sharing printers

Hello to all. Please help me as I'm a newbie on these Mac mini's. I am trying to create a network between the two mini's and I would like to share files between them and be able to print from the upstairs mini to the printers hooked up to the downstairs mini.
    Mini 1 (downstairs) has 2 printers attached directly, a HP color laserjet and a Epson 800 Artisan
    Mini 2 (upstairs)
    Mini 1 and mini 2 are both connected via ethernet to the Netgear router.
    Here is my problem:
    on the mini 1, I can print and even access the mini 2 via sharing. I can screen share and view folders that is on the mini 2.
    However, from the mini 2 computer, I cannot get the screen share and folder sharing from the mini 1 computer. I show that it is there, but when I try to connect, I get a message that states: CONNECTION FAILED The server may no exist or it is not operation at this time. Check the server name or ip address and your network connection and try again.
    On the mini 2 I also cannot get anything to print. It doesn't even show that the printers that are supposedly shared at the other computer are present. I tried to add them, via default icon or even ip from the print and fax preferences, but I get error messages and cannot print.
    ON THE mini 2: When I used the 'default printer' icon, both of my printers showed up using bonjour shared and I 'added' them. But when I tried to print, I got a message stating:
    *Connecting to downstairs-mac-mini.local on port 631...*
    *Unable to connect to printer; will retry in 30 seconds....*
    I deleted both printers as bonjour shared and tried to make the printers an ip internet shared, and put in the ip address xxx.xxx.1.2 (mini 1 ip address) but I got a message saying that that ip address was being used. I changed the ip address to xxx.xxx.1.5 (mini 2 ip address) and it looked like it was going to print, but it automatically goes to pause. (doesn't matter which printer it is, I can't print from either. I never did get either of the printers to work on mini 2.
    I have done the following: On the mini 1, the printers are marked shared. On both computers the shared folders are marked shared, along with screen sharing. I also added all files on both computers to be shared as to who can read only or read and write.
    Also, I have also gone to the 'system' icon and on internet sharing, I have made both computers to be shared, with the appropriate check marks done on the list of services I want shared.
    ON both the mini 1 and mini 2 I have set the network to XXXXX Home and it automatically configured and states that my ethernet is connected.
    On the downstairs computer, I can see the 'shared computer, and am able to access the files.
    BUT on the other computer upstairs, I do see the downstairs computer, but it fails in the connection.
    I noticed that the ip address for each computers state the same number, except the last digit is different. xxx.xxx.1.2 for the downstairs mini and xxx.xxx.1.5 for the upstairs mini. The router number and dns server along with the subnet mask are the same numbers between both of the computers.
    I am going to set the power settings NOT to sleep when idle so that might help when I am trying to view files on each mini's.
    So right now I am stuck with how to make the upstairs mini to print on the downstairs printers, and how to see the downstairs mini on the upstairs mini display.
    Any help from anyone is very much appreciated. Sorry this is so long. Thanks in advance!

Mini 1 Allow only essential services
    Mini 2 Allow all incoming connections
    I changed mini 1 to allow all incoming connections
    That did the trick for viewing, now will that help me on my printer issue also? YES! wahoo! Thanks so much, I would have not thought about checking the firewall.
    Kudos to you and all your help!

• I am trying to connect a Windows 7 / 64 bit to an Epson printer on my Mac.  The printer is hooked into the Mac via USB; the Mac is networked to a Linksys wireless router with an ethernet cable, as is the Windows box. Any tips on how to do this?

I am trying to connect a Windows 7 / 64 bit to an Epson printer on my Mac.  The printer is hooked into the Mac via USB; the Mac is networked to a Linksys wireless router with an ethernet cable, as is the Windows box. I installed the current Bonjour printer services software on the Windows machine, and separately installed the driver software for the Epson printer on the WIndows machine.  Running the bonjour wizard, I get an alert saying 'I don't have sufficient access to my computer to connect to the selected printer'.
    The printer has 'sharing' turned on from the Mac end; this works with a Powerbook via the wireless connection.  Sharing is also turned on in the Windows printer control panel for this printer (under properties).  The Mac is a G5 running 10.5.8.  When I try to print a page from the Windows machine it gets hung in the print queue.
    Any advice how to proceed would be appreciated!
    thx,

I am trying to connect a Windows 7 / 64 bit to an Epson printer on my Mac.  The printer is hooked into the Mac via USB; the Mac is networked to a Linksys wireless router with an ethernet cable, as is the Windows box. I installed the current Bonjour printer services software on the Windows machine, and separately installed the driver software for the Epson printer on the WIndows machine.  Running the bonjour wizard, I get an alert saying 'I don't have sufficient access to my computer to connect to the selected printer'.
    The printer has 'sharing' turned on from the Mac end; this works with a Powerbook via the wireless connection.  Sharing is also turned on in the Windows printer control panel for this printer (under properties).  The Mac is a G5 running 10.5.8.  When I try to print a page from the Windows machine it gets hung in the print queue.
    Any advice how to proceed would be appreciated!
    thx,

• I'm trying to recover the network password for my Time Capsule so that I can connect another device (a PC) to it.  I have my Macbook pro set to connect automatically and the password is hidden.  How can I find out what it is.

My issue is that I'm trying to connect a PC to my wireless network run off of a Time capsule/airport router.  My macbook pro connects fine but the network password is hidden and set to autoconnect.  I thought I wrote the password down but when I try to connect the PC laptop and type in the timecapsule network PW is doesn't work.  Trying to verify if the passwird I wrote down is correct but there doesn't seem to be a way to recover this.
    Does anyone out there in the community know how to do this? (or do I just have to do a reset on the time capsule

Reset the TC.

Maybe you are looking for

• How do I make an Apple ID account without a credit card

I've been able to create an account but however, when I try to sign into my account on the App Store, they require me to review my account which requires for me to fill in details of my credit card but unfortunately, I don't have one. so is there any

• How to return a string in chronological order?

I have a string called schedule, for example: schedule = "^14%Paul's house?Group Meeting\n^9%Nutty Professor's Office?Office Hours\n^12%MegaBits?Lunch" After breaking it up using StringTokenizer, how do I return it into chronological order? Return th

• What volt charger should I get for my MacBook? It is a DC to AC inverter?

Hi, I recently purchased a inverter charger that has an outlet to charge a computer and can be used as a typical USB charger for a phone. The charger says that it has a continuous charge of 120V but a maximum of 150V. I don't understand what the prob

• Table control in sales order screen(VA01)

Hi Guys, I am trying to do table control i.e shifting columns as desired in the sales order, but not able to do it. can any one help me the process of shifting columns in sales order screen. Example: Shifting customer rial matenumber column to Item c

• How to print Barcodes in SAP Script

Hi All,     I want to get print out of Custom barcodes in Script, The scenario is  its been displaying only in the print preview, and when I print that page its not printing the barcode. Regards, Kamal