Trying to factory restore my t420

trying to factory reset my t420 with rnr but its not working i select full restore and it reboots in a windows 7 recovery mode after i get out of rnr and i cant seem to get it to format and launch install can anybody help me.

If you are facing troubles with factory recovery using R&R prepare factory recovery media using Lenovo applet (bootable USB stick with data) and perform that recovery operatoion from external media.
x220 | i5-2520m | Intel ssd 320 series | Gobi 2000 3G GPS | WiFi
x220 | i5-2520m | hdd 320 | Intel msata ssd 310 series | 3G GPS | WiFi
Do it well, worse becomes itself
Русскоязычное Сообщество   English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español

Similar Messages

• Hey everyone, im trying to factory restore a mac i just bought. but its saying my apple id is incorrect, so i made a new one but its saying the new one hasnt been used with itunes, what can i do to fix this?

Please help!

If you bought it used, try the internet recovery suggested - using Command + Option + R and then wiping your drive before reinstalling is the only way to disassociate the OS and apps from the previous owner's Apple ID. You can then add your own apps, upgrade, etc. using your own Apple ID.
    If it's new, then there is an entirely different problem as your Apple ID should work.

• HT2406 A digital delay has appeared in my Podcasts only, and a factory restore didn't fix it.  Any ideas?

My iPhone 3GS is producing a digital delay in podcasts only.  No effect in Music or games.  I tried a factory restore with no effect.  Any ideas?

Chris CA wrote:
    Check and see if you've bought any iTunes Gift Cards you don't know about
    Fraudulent iTunes Gift cards are used to make purchases but are associated with a hijacked account so that if traced it's that account holder who'll have to deal with the problems. It was a form of "laundering".
    It's one of the reasons iTunes had stopped issuing those $200 gift cards about a year back since that's one of the uses for them ( The other reason had to do with why you don't, if you're sane, continue with gift card numbers after someone cracks the algorithm. ).
    Another problem was with debit card numbers, usually swiped from a restaurant or Pub, being used for iTunes purchases in the U.K. ( You can find out about that by doing a search of this forum since it was also heavily posted. ) and to buy gift cards for a one time use.
    If someone just hacked his account or his account was compromised further and his debit card number it out in the wild then sudden surprise purchases from the iTunes Store maybe his first warning.
    He has to check his account further.

• Screen won't rotate despite doing 2x factory restores

I've seen a few folks had this prob. The screen no longer rotates when I turn the iPod (e.g. when viewing photos, web pages etc). I tried the factory restore as suggested in other threads, but mine is still not working. Is there anything else I can try before taking it to a service centre?
    Also, I bought this 2nd hand but it is under Apple warranty (till sep 2010). I'm assuming Apple still need to honour the warranty (I'm in Ireland).
    Thanks

Thx for that - I suspected as much. Can anbody comment on the fact that (although still under warranty), it is registered in the name of the previous owner (I assume)?
    Will that matter to Apple once it's still under manufacturer's warranty? I could probably trace the original owner if needs be.
    Thx
    Message was edited by: ZV Yoda

• Compaq 6510b factory restore

Hi
    I'm trying to factory restore my HP Compaq 6510b with Vista. I've not got a recovery disc & laptop didn't come with 1 either.
    F11 option doesn't work however F8 allows me to access the Advanced Boot Options however there is no repair your computer or system recovery option on the menu.
    Also there is no recovery manager when searching at the start menu.
    System restore option doesn't seem to be much help as the date available only seems to be in the last few days.
    Am I wasting my time trying to factory restore or is it time to finally upgrade my once trusty & reliable laptop?  Any help/comments are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

You're very welcome Diana.
    If you can't, here is a way to make your own Vista installation disk as long as you can still read all 25 characters of the Vista product key, but it is a pretty daunting task.
    http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-microsoft-windows-and-office/download-microsoft-w...

• Portage 3110CT factory restore

Please I badly need to restore my protege 3110CT to factory settings and I do not have the factory CDs. The CD is dead and there is no way to get an USB installed also, so there is no way to do anything. Could some one help? It'll be very very much appreciate. Thanks in advance!!

bro i also experienced the same problem with this.
    on trying to factory restore my t400 windows vista 64bit, i get this message>>>
    PRODUCT RECOVERY COULD NOT FING THE C:\PREBOOT\UTILS\CONVERT.CMD
    i dont have this kind of problem with my thinkpad x61.
    lenovo please help.

• Apple TV flawed - lost HD movie rentals after factory restore

I had 2 HD movie rentals downloaded and stored on my Apple TV. This evening when we went to watch one of them, every time I chose the Movie Rentals menu it would take me to the screen that shows my rented movies (and how many days remaining to view them) but I could not select either of them. This was shortly followed by the Apple logo on a black screen, and after a few minutes it would bring up the main menu.
    I restarted the Apple TV a few times, but the result was the same each time.
    I could not move the movies to my Mac because HD movies cannot be transferred.
    My only option? I did a factory restore. I then went to the Downloads option in the Settings menu, expecting it to begin downloading the movies again (and wasting a huge chunk of my monthly bandwidth allowance), only to discover that nothing happened.
    Why have Apple designed the Apple TV to 1) force HD movies to stay on the Apple TV with no way to backup 2) no way of retaining rented movies if a Factory Restore is required 3) no way of downloading the movies again (potentially at great expense - additional bandwidth beyond my standard allowance is quite expensive).
    Has anyone else had this problem? Has Apple's annoyingly temperamental Apple TV not only wasted my time and my bandwidth, but also my money?

Thanks for the replies.
    Of course I knew that a Factory Restore would wipe everything - but having already run a 'diagnostics' (which found no problems), tried restarting the Apple TV, I couldn't see any other way of getting it working again (I've also had regular problems with having no image on screen when waking the Apple TV, so I was overdue trying a Factory Restore to see if it would fix it).
    Of course, if I was going to erase and restore my OS X intallation I would make backups - but this isn't an option with the Apple TV's movie rentals - especially HD movies as they cannot be transferred to any other device.
    I did however assume that Apple would have some mechanism in place to keep track of things - eg. movie downloaded - yes, movie watched - no, movie deleted - no, movie present - no =>action - allow user to download again.
    Perhaps they could even allow some form of 'hidden' sync with your iTunes library - where even if for some reason they don't want you to watch the movie on your computer, that it could store an encrypted backup, so that in the even of an Apple TV factory restore, the content could then be transferred across back to the Apple TV with the first sync.
    I've logged into my iTunes account an 'reported a problem'. Unfortunately it's been a couple of hours and I've had no reply (if they're not going to allow these problems to be overcome automatically, they should be quicker with their response). Also, of the 2 movies that were on my Apple TV, one was downloaded 2 days ago, and the other about 2 weeks ago, and only the most recent had the option of 'report a problem'.
    Obviously a situation like mine is uncommon - but they really should clean up all the rough edges with the Apple TV to avoid these problems.

• Think Vantage Factory Restore Problem

Trying a Factory Restore on my T61 The Process stops at
    Processing CM2ZCUS
    C:/LANG/SVGASYS.FO
    It seems to freeze up here and not continue. Help!

isn't the z560 a ideapad in that case thinkvantage software won't work
    Thinkpad R61 7733-1GU
    Thinkpad X61T 7762-54U
    Thinkpad X60T 6363-4GU
    Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
    If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
    Regards,
    GMAC

• HP DV6748us - Factory restore problem

I upgraded (?) from Vista to Win7.  Have had nothing but problems, and thought I would run a factory restore.  I tried to use the 3 discs that I had copied my HP discs to, but that wouldn't work at all, so used the HP discs I had ordered.  All was going fine until approx. 10% through reformat and reload, and it stopped with an error message (which I stupidly did not write down - sorry) and now I cannot get it to boot to the restore discs at all.  It will only go to F10, which doesn't help.  However, I did get it to F2, I think, and ran the HD testing, which was all fine.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

bro i also experienced the same problem with this.
    on trying to factory restore my t400 windows vista 64bit, i get this message>>>
    PRODUCT RECOVERY COULD NOT FING THE C:\PREBOOT\UTILS\CONVERT.CMD
    i dont have this kind of problem with my thinkpad x61.
    lenovo please help.

• 2nd gen iPod touch - Factory restore not working

I'm trying to factory restore my 2nd gen ipod touch.  I figured I could simply choose the factory reset in the setting and it would do it's thing.  Now it says it needs to connect to iTunes in order to complete the process.  However, when I plug my phone into my (windows) PC, iTunes doesn't recognize it.  It makes the normal sounds and starts charging, so I know the PC recognizes that it's connected, but iTunes will not.  now, I can't do anything on the ipod - it just sits there like a brick,   help!

Tap Settings > WiFi > your network name (or at least the one with the check mark). Tap the little blue > next to the name. Look at Device IP - if it starts with 169.x then your router has not issued you an IP address
    You also should have "Renew Lease" and "Forget this Network" buttons. Try pressing Renew Lease to see if you then get a valid response from your router.
    If this doesn't work you can try these things:
    1. Reboot your router (just unplug the power cord for a minute, then plug back in). If this doesn't fix it, try disabling security to rule that out.
    2. Reset the touch network settings - tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
    3. When the touch restarts, tap Settings > WiFi > other and re-enter your network name, security, and network password.
    There is more troubleshooting info [in this support article|http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398].
    Hope this helps.

• I am trying to restore my mac to factory restore, when i get to the restore screen after startup, i choose to restore useing original cd, i press enter and nothing happens, the screen does not change.

I am trying to restore my mac back to the factory restore, i get to the screen i need after start up. i choose to reinstall from cd, i hit the enter button, and nothing happens.

Hey Akitaskarate,
    I see that you are having an issue with your ability to restore from your installation CD. I have an article for you that will help you troubleshoot this issue:
    Troubleshooting Mac OS X installation from CD or DVD - Apple Support
    http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201817
    Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.
    Cheers,
    Braden

• HT2731 My daughters iPad has just been factory restored from the apple shop, she was on my iTunes account with her email address but now she is the correct age for her own account. We have started up the iPad and with trying to create her own with her own

My daughters iPad has just been factory restored from the apple shop, she was using my iTunes account with her email. When trying to create her own iTunes as she is the correct age it has come up that her email is already being used. How do we  do this with he same email address

Hello spooner68,
    Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing when trying to create an Apple ID for your daughter.  Because her email address is associated with your Apple ID, you are receiving the message that the email address is in use. 
    To remedy this, you will have to first remove her email address from your account using steps 1-3 of the section titled "How to add an additional email address that is already associated with another Apple ID" in the article below and then attempt to create her Apple ID with her email address:
    How to add an additional email address that is already associated with another Apple ID
    If you have an email address that is already associated with another Apple ID, you may need to remove it from your other Apple ID before you can add it to your preferred Apple ID.
    Sign in to My Apple ID with the Apple ID that has the email address already associated with it.
    Find the email address that you want to move to your preferred Apple ID, then click Delete.
    Click Save Changes, then click Sign Out at the top of the page.
    You can find the full article here:
    Apple ID: Associating and verifying email addresses with your Apple ID
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HE68
    Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
    Best,
    Sheila M.

• I've added to ios6 to my new ipod touch with no problems. I'm trying to now restore the factory settings but the screen is frozen with an itunes sign and lead pointing towards it. The ipod won't even switch off. Can anyone help as it's driving me crazy

I've added ios6 to my new ipod but tried then to restore the factory settings. It won't extract any settings and the itunes then tells me that the server cannot be reached or is unavailable. I've been trying all day. Now the ipod has a itunes sign and a computer lead pointing towards it on the screen and this is frozen. It won't switch off or do anything else. Any ideas as this is now driving me crazy.

Try:
    - iOS: Not responding or does not turn on
    - Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode
    How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings
    - If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.
    - If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.
    Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar       

• TS1424 IPOD WONT CONNECT TO ITUNES STORE I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING EVEN RESTORED BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULT, CAN ANY ONE HELP WITH THIS

Every time I try to get on itunes store on my ipod it tells me that it "cannot connect to itunes store", I've tried everything even restored the ipod to factory settings and nothing, can some one please give a solution that will work?

Hi datnativeBUNNZ,
    If your iPod can't connect to the iTunes store, check out this article for some additional troubleshooting steps:
    Can't connect to the iTunes Store
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1368
    Troubleshooting on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
    If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store:
    Make sure that your iOS software is up to date by connecting your iOS device to iTunes and clicking on Check for Update in your device's Summary page in iTunes.
    Check and verify that you are in range of a Wi-Fi router or base station. If you are on a 3G capable device, make sure that cellular data is turned on from Settings > General > Cellular.
    Note: If connected to 3G, larger items may not download. You may need to connect to Wi-Fi to download apps, videos, and podcasts. 
    Check to make sure you have an active internet connection. You can check the User Guide for your device for help with connecting to the internet. 
    Check to make sure other devices (portable computers, for example) are able to connect to the Wi-Fi network and access the internet.
    Try resetting (turning off and then on again) your Wi-Fi router
    If the issue still persists see, iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections or iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections.
    Take care!
    - Ari

• HT201412 I am trying to personal hotspot but each time I go into it and tune it on the screen goes back to the Settings page and personal hotspot has disappeared and can not be found. I have tried restarting the phone and also a factory restore to no avai

I am trying to personal hotspot but each time I go into it and tune it on the screen goes back to the Settings page and personal hotspot has disappeared and can not be found. I have tried restarting the phone and also a factory restore to no avail. HELP

I had a similar issue and it was password case sensitive issue

Maybe you are looking for

• Output device DKRDSP029 is locked in the SAP system - RFC error

Hi, One user of the system has got the following error when he is loading his "Change Office and communication" iView in the portal. This is the SAP standard DK used iView! No one else has this error in the system as far as we know and the DKRDSP029

• SCOM CI Connector is stuck in runnig state

Hello, I have problem with SCOM CI Connector in SCSM. It is stuck in running and 5%. I have tried to disable and re-enable but without success. I can't see any workflow related to this connector in workflow status. Is there any possibility how to sto

• Loading Access 2000 table data hangs

I am able to successfully create a model of my Access database but when it gets to the point of transfering the table data into my Oracle 8.1.6 database the OMWB hangs. The error log contains the following message: EXCEPTION : LoadTableData.run() : [

• XML ordering

Hello folks! I am using Flex Builder 3 to create a portfolio site. Now i have a .XML which i need data from. The XML contains an image, a title, a description and a date. Now i can retrieve the title and description. Ofcourse i can retrieve the date

• Condition record for a header discount condition - Total gross weight

As you know, we can not assign an access sequence for a header condition. How can I create a condition record for a header discount condition which takes into consideration the total gross weight of the items of a sales document? Thanks in advance fo