Ultrabay battery for my T410

Hi
Recently I've been starting to look around for new battery for my laptop mounted in ultrabay. When I got to know that there is no such accessories for T410 I was.... pretty surprised. Could anyone confirm this information? What do I do then? I don't want to buy new 9-cell battery. Is ultrabay battery for T410s or T400 fit to T410? Thanks for replies
T420s type 4171-7FU

there is also the extra 9 cell battery slice that you can put in addition to the 6 cells battery, this is substantially more battery power than the ultrabay battery. 
Regards,
Jin Li
May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Similar Messages

• Ultrabay Battery for W530?

I don't see much use for the optical drive in the W530.  Is there an Ultrabay battery that can be used in that space?
    I some that some of the other recent models in the refresh have the Ultrabay battery as an option, but haven't seen that for the W530 yet.  Anyone know if that is going to happen?

del_psi wrote:
    The Ultrabay battery was taken off on the W series.
    That's a really odd decision.  I guess it didn't sell very well.  But given that (a) the W530 uses more power than the other Ivy Bridge laptopcs and (b) the W530 is marketed to power users, you would think that it would be a good option to have.
    I liked the fact that it was integrated into the machine and didn't take up extra space.  I always disliked the way the 9 cell threw off the balance of the machine when using it, literally, on the lap.

• Replacement battery for T410s

Hi,
    I'm searching the battery for my T410s. Does anybody have ever used the third party replacement battery like this one
    http://cgi.ebay.fr/New-IBM-Lenovo-Thinkpad-T400S-Li-ion-Battery-42T4688-42T4689-3-9Ah-44Wh-/32091159... 
    It has more capacity than the original one : 4400mAh vs 3600mAh.
    And costs less : 30 euros vs 70 euros.
    My TP : T410s i5, SSD, RAM 6Gb, Intel HD, Centrino N6300, Win 7 Ultimate 64
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

These batteries are best avoided, the quality is pretty bad and most of them start to have problems after couple of months. Also, they may overheat and explode.
    Stick with the 70 dollars original.
    Regards,
    Jin Li

• Ultrabay battery charge rate tapers off

I picked up a "new" lenovo ultrabay battery for my T61. The battery information shows the last charge was a bit above the design charge so the report says it's in excellent condition. However, it was at 0% charge when I first put it in and as time goes on the charge rate is dropping and the time to complete charge is increasing, not decreasing. It's up to 82% now but it says it has almost 4 hours left to charge. Originally it said it would only take 1.5 hours to completely charge.
    This seems to me like it was over discharged. I read a lenovo recommendation to allow an over discharged battery to charge for 24hours and fully cycle it up to twice more to see if it can be recovered. Is this safe? The temperature sensors are staying right around 29C.
    Is it possible to reflash the battery last charge number to make it appear to be in good condition? I could see some sneaky reseller picking up batteries in fair condition and making them appear to be in good condition.
    Thanks!

don't think that would be possible.
    Regards,
    Jin Li

• Part # for T400 ultrabay battery, and where to buy?

The Lenovo Web site does not seem to sell an UltraBay battery that's compatible with the T400. Or maybe it's compatible with one of them, and the T400 isn't listed for some reason.
    What is the part number for the UltraBay battery that works with the T400? If it's not sold by Lenovo, why not, and where can I get one?
    And is it true that the UltraBay batteries drain completely before the main battery is used so they only last a few months? If so, will this problem be fixed?

permutations wrote:
    What is the part number for the UltraBay battery that works with the T400?
     And is it true that the UltraBay batteries drain completely before the main battery is used so they only last a few months? If so, will this problem be fixed?
    To get the part number for the UltraBay battery, check the T400 accessories page in tabook
    Yes, the UltraBay battery drains first.  It's working as designed and not broken, so there's nothing to fix.
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
    Jane
    2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
    I am not a Lenovo Employee.
    I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

• Ultrabay battery option for ThinkPad T400s?

Is there any available Ultrabay battery option that is compatible with the new T400s?
    I know we have to get the new vIII of the Ultrabay SATA adapter for replacing the optical drive with a second SATA drive on the T400s, so I was wondering if the T400s requires a new Ultrabay solutions for adding battery through the Ultrabay?

The option number you need is 43R9250 - ThinkPad Advanced Ultrabay Battery II
    Hope this helps
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• Ultrabay battery won't switch to main battery and results in sudden shutdown.

Hi,
    I just changed my windows 7 32 bit to 64 but version. The power manager version is 3.66 and driver version 1.64, bios version is    LENOVO 7UET93WW (3.23 , 12/15/2011). The ultrabay battery drains to zero and won't switch to main battery, which leads to a sudden shutdown without any warning. In windows 7 32 bit version, I don't have such problem. It's annoying. My computer is T400 7147 CTO. 
    Thanks!
    chicagot400

Hi I have the exact same problem. I have a T400 2764 CTO. Changes I have recently made (past 2 weeks): I upgraded to Windows 7 64, added a PC Card media reader, added an express card USB 3.0, a Samsung 256 GB SSD and the Ultra Bay Battery. Everything was working great... both batteries recognized, ran Lenovo Update... Have everything...
    Well the battery meter recognizes both batteries (a 4-cell and a 3-cell), combines their life, but it drains the 3-cell first to ZERO... and isn't bright enough to figure out how to switch before abruptly dropping power to the system.
    Hopefully like the ATI switchable graphics that had bugs for ages this battery issue eventually gets fixed. Let me know if you figure out any solution. AND LENOVO, if you are reading, try and set it up so that the 2 battery usage maximizes the life of both batteries with whatever controller you put together.
    Thanks.
     - Tom

• Slice battery for thinkpadt4​30s

Hello,
    I have a thinkpad t430s with a 6 cell battery, i need to add batterylife and i find a socket that appears to be a socket for a slice battery in the bottom of my laptop however when i search for the battery on lenovo website or anywhere else i find nothing about a slice battery for the t430s and the 19+ slice battery for the x series doesn't seem it would fit ...
    any guide her ??

Hi Ahmadposten,
    Thank you for the reply!
    Yes, is1981 was right. As told by ‘is1981’ you can use ‘Ultrabay Battery’ but only thing is that you can use either Battery or DVD drive. However you can keep the Ultrabay battery has backup battery.
    ThinkPad Battery 43 (3 cell bay)
    Hope this helps.
    Best regards,
    Hemanth Kumar
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

• T400 Ultrabay Battery Issue

I just ordered and received a new Lenovo-branded Ultrabay slide-in battery for a T400.  It fits perfectly (appears to) but shows an error in the battery display and cannot even read the part number.
    What came out was an FRU 42T4679  (10.8V, 2.7AH, 30WH).
    What I received was an FRU 51J0508 (10.8V, 2.9AH, 32WH).
    Does anyone know if this is likely just a bad battery, or an incompatible battery?
    Thank you!
    Mark

not sure what is the battery cell manufacturer? check in your Thinkvantage Power Manager.
    Regards,
    Jin Li

• Cheap second battery for W530?

usually I would never by non original batteries, but having spent £250 on batteries on my W520, then for it to blow up and have to throw them in the bin because the W530 doesnt support them, is the last straw.
    There are a number of no-name batteries going cheap on ebay, e.g:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/for-Lenovo-6-Cell-Battery-Thinkpad-Sl410-Sl410K-Sl510-Sl510K-W510-W520-W53...
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Battery-For-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T430-T530-W530-L530-L430-T520-W520-45N1005-45N...
    Has anyone tried either of these companies, and did the battery last more than a year before dying, not charging or blowing up?

Hello.
    *EDIT, just saw your other post where you stated you got the 55++ battery, which compatible with:
    Systems
    Machine - Models
    ThinkPad L410, L412, L420, L421, L510, L512, L520
    All
    ThinkPad T410, T410i, T420, T510, T510i, T520
    All
    ThinkPad W510, W520
    All
    Both the ThinkPad Battery 70+ (6 cell) (0A36302) and the ThinkPad Battery 70++ (9 cell) (0A36303) can be used in all the following systems: T410/20/30, T510/20/30, W510/20/30, L410/20/30, L510/20/30.
    I can't say anything about the 3rd party batteries as I won't even contemplate putting one in one of my ThinkPads. No way, no how.
    Cheers!
    ThinkPad W540 (20BG) - i7-4800MQ/24GB // ThinkPad T440s (20AQ) - i7-4600U/12GB
    ThinkPad T440p (20AW) - i7-4800MQ/16GB // ThinkPad Helix (3698-6EU) - i5-3337U/4GB
    ThinkPad W520 (4282-W4Q) - i7-2720QM/32GB // ThinkPad T400 (2767-W1C) - P9500/8GB
    ThinkPad T61 (7665-CTO) - T7700/4GB // ThinkPad T60p (8741-C2G) - T7400/4GB

• Ultrabay Battery -- Change discharge behavior?

I have a T400 with the optional ultrabay battery. The behavior seems to be that the extra battery is discharged entirely before moving on to the main battery. My understanding is that completely discharging a Li-Ion battery shortens the battery's lifespan. It seems to make more sense to either (1) drain the main battery first since it's larger and less likely to completely discharge before you find a power outlet or (2) alternate between the two batteries.
    Is there anyway to adjust the battery settings to achieve either of these?

Hi all,
    I think, you missunderstand these 0% of battery charge. This does not mean, that the battery is discharged to 0 Volts. In that case, the battery would be destroyed immediately. These 0% are with respect to a minimum threshold voltage, such that the battery will not be damaged or its lifetime drastically reduced. When I have a look at my "fully" discharged ultrabay battery, I see that it has still more then 11V, which is no problem. The battery has 3 cells, each with 3.6 Volts. And a Li-Po Cell (Li-Ion is similar) can be discharged to about 2.8V without being damaged. 3 x 2.8V = 8.4V V for the whole battery. 11V is far avay from that, so there is enough reserve. If the voltage falls under a certain voltage, the computer turns off but not just because there is not enough power. Instead this is a safety mechanism for the battery which is implemented in hardware. So I think it's not necessary to wory about the battery.
    Even though I think, that the user should be able to decide which battery discharges first. Especially if lenovo writes:
    "Since the battery works in the Ultrabay you don't have to suspend the system to swap out the system battery to use the ThinkPad for an extended period of time."
    That's what I wanted to do, change the main battery, while the system is on. But with this default behaviour of battery management, it's impossible because the U-battery is discharged first. Escept you carry the U-battery seperately with you the whole day and insert it shortly before the main battery is empty. But that's not very comfortable.
    I foud one way to achieve that the main battery is discharged first. I have a T400 and if you apply the small switch on the right if as you wanted to remove the battery and the pad to pull jumps out, then the main battery is discharging while the ultrabay battery is still connected (appears in the Power manager) and supplies the PC with power if the main battery gets empty. But also that is not very elegant.
    I hope I helped a little. If someone has a real solution to this problem, please tell us. I know that there is a solution, even if not supported by lenovo, what is a shame. (Something with ACPI events I guess but I don't have experience with that)

• BATTERY FOR T400

Hi, is there a 12cell battery for thinkpad T400?
    'cause my 9 cell battery can hold only 56% of its original capacity.
    Thanks.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

No such battery exists, not as a genuine Lenovo product anyway.
    Cheers,
    George
    In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
    Collecting dust: T60
    Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
    Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
    Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

• T61p Ultrabay Battery ? "Advanced 40Y6789" OR "Slim 08K8190"

40Y6789 = Advanced Ultrabay Battery 2.7Ah
    08K8190 = Ultrabay Slim Battery 1.5Ah
    Will the 40Y6789 fit in a T61p Ultrabay Slim slot ?
    After a lot of research I concluded that the Lenovo web site must be wrong to offer the 40Y6789 for the T61 since it MUST be too thick ?  Am I wrong ?
    Dez

i like the L220x.   it's proven to be a great display.   i wrote a review about it in the thinkvision forum that has since turned into an 11+ page thread if you're in the mood to read.
    ThinkStation C20
    ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30 · 600

• Any shops in London selling Ultrabay Battery 42?

Hi all, I picked up a t420s over the weekend. It's a great laptop except for the smallish battery (3hrs usage). I'd like to take this laptop on a flight this Wednesday instead my x121e. Can somebody please suggest any shops in central London might stock the Ultrabay 42 battery for the t420s? Many thanks and happy new year.

hey lb_ch,
    really glad that you love your T60 and with regards on the battery, do read the following links
    http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs-Knowledge-Base/How-can-I-increase-battery-life/ta-p/244800
    On part of the Dynamic Brightness Control, might i suggest uninstalling the software then go to
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-62928.html
    and download the latest version and try again
    WW Social Media
    Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
    Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
    How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

• Is the T440p compatible with the Ultrabay battery?

Question in title. I want to know if the T440p is compatible with the ultrabay battery. I don't have any use for the optical drive and I know the ultrabay HDD caddy is awful, so i figure I may as well make use of this extra space.
    If not well that's a shame, kind of useless to have such a thick laptop with such a small battery.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hello.
    The UltraBay HD caddy works perfectly in mine. Got a 9.5mm 1TB drive in it, and it fits very snugly (I of course added the TP rubber rails to the drive as well), performs like a champ and spins down as configured.
    I also got UltraBay caddies in my T400 and W520, never had an inkling of problem with them.
    ThinkPad W540 (20BG) - i7-4800MQ/24GB // ThinkPad T440s (20AQ) - i7-4600U/12GB
    ThinkPad T440p (20AW) - i7-4800MQ/16GB // ThinkPad Helix (3698-6EU) - i5-3337U/4GB
    ThinkPad W520 (4282-W4Q) - i7-2720QM/32GB // ThinkPad T400 (2767-W1C) - P9500/8GB
    ThinkPad T61 (7665-CTO) - T7700/4GB // ThinkPad T60p (8741-C2G) - T7400/4GB

Maybe you are looking for

• Event Handling in portal application

Hi friends,   In portal application i have defined two methods called "docontent" and "docompute".here iam giving the code. package com.seal; import com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.*; public class abstract1 extends AbstractPortalComponent public

• Connection to TV without HDMI

I have an older TV pre-HDMI using a red, yellow blue cable connection. Is there any way to interface this type of connection with Apple TV?

• How to join data from SAP BW and Oracle database from Webi?

Hi, Need to  create a Web Intelligence Report connecting to multiple data sources.         Ø SAP-BW contains the data (All units).                                                                                Ø Oracle db contains the access security

• Looking for Query..

sno name price date 1 a 200 jan 2012 2 b 300 feb 2012 3 c 400 sep 2012 4 d 260 dec 2012 Output need: sno jan feb mar apr may jun jul aug sep oct nov dec 1 200 2 300 3 400 4 260 I tried query like this. But for every month i have to write decode. Inst

• Problem in Data Mart

I tried to transfer data from one InfoCube(ZE1) to another InfoCube(ZE2).       Please find below the procedure I exercised: INFOCUBE ZE1 SUCCESSFULLY POPULATED DATA FROM FLATFILE WITH 20 RECORDS. INFOCUBE ZE2 CREATED BY COPYING FROM ZE1. GENERATED E