Unable to create RAID on SPARC-Enterprise-T5220

hi:
i got the following issue on my SPARC-Enterprise-T5220.
i have constructed the RAID-1 on 4 disks out of 6.
i have created RAID-1 on OS Disks using raidctl command on single user mode
and i have created RADI-1 on other two disks. but i'm unable to create RAID-1 on the rest of the two disks.
here i s the info i am giving
# format
Searching for disks...done
AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
0. c1t0d0 <SUN146G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 848>
/pci@0/pci@0/pci@2/scsi@0/sd@0,0
1. c1t1d0 <SUN146G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 848>
/pci@0/pci@0/pci@2/scsi@0/sd@1,0
2. c1t2d0 <LSILOGIC-LogicalVolume-3000 cyl 65533 alt 2 hd 16 sec 273>
/pci@0/pci@0/pci@2/scsi@0/sd@2,0
3. c1t4d0 <LSILOGIC-LogicalVolume-3000 cyl 65533 alt 2 hd 16 sec 136>
/pci@0/pci@0/pci@2/scsi@0/sd@4,0
disks 2 and 3 are under raid but where as 0 and 1 are not
i am trying to construct raid on that disks it is giving following error
# raidctl -c c1t0d0 c1t1d0
Creating RAID volume will destroy all data on spare space of member disks, proceed (yes/no)? yes
Too many arrays.
here is my OS release information
Solaris 10 5/08 s10s_u5wos_10 SPARC
Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
Assembled 24 March 2008
SunOS 5.10 Generic_127127-11 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220
would any body help me on this.
thanks in advance
SN

Hello sir,
I work for one of Sun's Channel Development Partners and had a partner site the same problem today, but with a T5240.
If you check with the "Disk Volumes" section of the T5120/T5220 Admin Guide, it tells us that the integrated LSI controller only supports up to two volumes at a time.
http://docs.sun.com/source/820-2179-10/Volume-man.html#50606103_28600
If you need more options for hardware RAID configuration of the internal disks, Sun offers an internal PCI-E SAS RAID HBA:
SGXPCIESAS-R-INT-Z     
Sun StorageTek (TM) 8-port internal SAS RAID Host Bus Adapter with RAID 0, 1, 1E, 10, 5, 5EE, 50, 6, 60 support, 256MB of onboard memory and 72 hour Battery Backed Write Cache. RoHS 6. X-Option.
List Price: $599
You'd also want this cable kit to go with it:
SEDX9SA2Z     
Internal SAS Cable Kit required to use Sun RAID Card SG(X)PCIESAS-R-INT-Z for use with the SPARC Enterprise T5220
List Price: $40
Here is documentation about the adapter:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/coll/sas-raid-hba-int

Similar Messages

• Unable to create RAID - "could not unmount disk"

I'm trying to create a concatenated RAID set from two drives. I can select the drives and individually unmount them using Disk Utility, and they disappear from the desktop. But when I try and create a RAID using the two drives, it tells me it can't because it is unable to unmount the disk.
    Any ideas?

It appears that this is possible - in one case. If your system drive has been partitioned into multiple volumes, a volume from that drive can be used as part of a RAID (along with a volume from another drive) if you did not boot from the drive. Haven't tried booting from the Tiger DVD, but may just for fun. Follow all the other advise in this and similar threads though - don't expect a mirror (RAID 1) to provide back up and don't build a RAID 0 stripe using the partition that contains your boot OS.

• Sun SPARC Enterprise T5120 GUI not working

Dear Professional,
    I have new Sun SPARC Enterprise T5220 and i am booting this server to get GUI to access my installed application. but i am getting ok prompt it is not giving me access to GUI login windows.
    Sun server details are:
    Platform type: Sun SPARC Enterprise T5220
    OS release: Solaris 10
    Serial # Bel09100ux
    Your suggestion can fix my problem..!!
    Rgds,
    Shrinet

Hi i am sorry but proble is this see the below log
    -> start /SP/console
    Are you sure you want to start /SP/console (y/n)? y
    Serial console started. To stop, type #. Done
    0:0:0>Master CPU Tests Basic....Done
    0:0:0>Init MMU.....
    0:0:0>NCU Setup and PIU link train....Done
    0:0:0>L2 Tests....Done
    0:0:0>Extended CPU Tests....Done
    0:0:0>Scrub Memory....Done
    0:0:0>SPU CWQ Tests...Done
    0:0:0>MAU Tests...Done
    0:0:0>Network Interface Unit Tests....Done
    0:0:0>Functional CPU Tests....Done
    0:0:0>Extended Memory Tests....Done
    2010-04-06 11:27:06.282 0:0:0>INFO:
    2010-04-06 11:27:06.290 0:0:0>     POST Passed all devices.
    2010-04-06 11:27:06.297 0:0:0>POST:     Return to VBSC.
    2010-04-06 11:27:06.303 0:0:0>Master set ACK for vbsc runpost command and spin...
    SPARC Enterprise T5220, No Keyboard
    Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
    OpenBoot 4.30.0, 8064 MB memory available, Serial #84211932.
    Ethernet address 0:21:28:4:f8:dc, Host ID: 8504f8dc.
    Boot device: /pci@0/pci@0/pci@2/scsi@0/disk@0,0:a File and args:
    SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_127111-06 64-bit
    Copyright 1983-2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Use is subject to license terms.
    WARNING: consconfig: cannot find driver for screen device
    Hostname: host11
    /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s7 is clean
    /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s7 is clean
    ___host11 console login: Apr  6 12:06:14 host11 /sbin/dhcpagent[53]: interface e1000g0 has gone down___
    I want to get GUI and here i am on server now and can see (interface e1000g0 has gone down)
    What is this mean for is this the problem thats why i am not getting GUI login screen ?
    Please help on this point.
    Rgds,
    Shrinet

• Hi Folks,   I have a problem with OBIEE EM, There in Enterprise Manager i am unable to navigate into the options like when i clik on any Tab it is not working and even  i am unable to create a report using analysis.

Hi Folks,
      I have a problem with OBIEE EM, There in Enterprise Manager i am unable to navigate into the options like when i clik on any Tab it is not working and even  i am unable to create a report using analysis.
    Thanks in advance

i have also tried that but no use can u give me any other way.......

• Unable to create partition after RAID setup failure

SL - Tried to create RAID 1 with two external 250G drives. The RAID setup failed indicating improper format pair. So....I attempted to re-create the partition on one of the drives with proper settings.
    It will not partition at all. It returns a POSIX error: unable to allocate memory.
    I've tried the following:
    Using startup disk
    Partitioning using WindowsXP (which worked....only for Windows)
    Tried erasing
    Tried to partition with each partition type.
    Nothing works! However, when I restart SL, it pops open a window indicating the drive needs to be 'initialized'. I click 'initialize' button, but that doesn't help.

Do the following:
    Extended Hard Drive Preparation
    1. Open Disk Utility in your Utilities folder. If you need to reformat your startup volume, then you must boot from your OS X Installer Disc. After the installer loads select your language and click on the Continue button. When the menu bar appears select Disk Utility from the Installer menu (Utilities menu for Tiger or Leopard.)
    2. After DU loads select your hard drive (this is the entry with the mfgr.'s ID and size) from the left side list. Note the SMART status of the drive in DU's status area. If it does not say "Verified" then the drive is failing or has failed and will need replacing. SMART info will not be reported on external drives. Otherwise, click on the Partition tab in the DU main window.
    3. Under the Volume Scheme heading set the number of partitions from the drop down menu to one. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) Click on the Options button, set the partition scheme to GUID (for Intel Macs) or APM (for PPC Macs) then click on the OK button. Click on the Partition button and wait until the process has completed.
    4. Select the volume you just created (this is the sub-entry under the drive entry) from the left side list. Click on the Erase tab in the DU main window.
    5. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) Click on the Options button, check the button for Zero Data and click on OK to return to the Erase window.
    6. Click on the Erase button. The format process can take up to several hours depending upon the drive size.
    Are you trying to create a RAID using partitions on hard drives or using the entire drive?

• After upgrade to CF9, CFIMAGE "Unable to create temporary file" error

We recently upgraded from CF8 to CF9 Enterprise.  I'm getting an "Unable to create temporary file" error on
    my CFIMAGE resize calls.  We use sandbox security.  I assume I need to grant write access to whatever folder CF uses for temp files, but which folder is it?   The same code (and sandbox settings) ran fine in CF8....
    Note, if I attempt to add C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\SERVER-INF\temp to the sandbox for this particular app, CF crashes on all requests across all apps on the server with a:
    Security: The requested template has been denied access to C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\WEB-INF\cfclasses\cfapp2ecfc1510154633.c lass.
    The following is the internal exception message: access denied (java.io.FilePermission C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\WEB-INF\cfclasses\cfapp2ecfc1510154633.c lass read)
    ColdFusion cannot determine the line of the template that caused this error. This is often caused by an error in the exception handling subsystem.
    I need to restart CF to get everything working again.

Another update.   Had a problem with a sandboxed CF9 site doing a simple CFIMAGE READ to a memory variable.  Got an "Unable to create temporary file" error.
    Inserted the following code in the file upload page:
    <cfscript>
    writeoutput("Temp Dir : " & createobject("java","java.lang.System").getProperty("java.io.tmpdir") );
    </cfscript>
    ... and it reveals the temp directory as C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.  Added that to the sandbox, and the CFIMAGE READ is working properly now.
    Note this seems inconsistent with CFIMAGE RESIZE behavior which appears to use the CF GetTempDirectory() value, which in my case is C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\SERVER-INF\temp\cfusion-war-tmp\
    For reference, see the section "Sandbox Considerations" at this link:
    http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/Admin/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbf364104-7fc8 .html#WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbf364104-7fcc

• Unable to create cluster, hangs on forming cluster

Hi all,
    I am trying to create a 2 node cluster on two x64 Windows Server 2008 Enterprise edition servers. I am running the setup from the failover cluster MMC and it seems to run ok right up to the point where the snap-in says creating cluster. Then it seems to hang on "forming cluster" and a message pops up saying "The operation is taking longer than expected". A counter comes up and when it hits 2 minutes the wizard cancels and another message comes up "Unable to sucessfully cleanup".
    The validation runs successfully before I start trying to create the cluster. The hardware involved is a HP EVA 6000, two Dell 2950's
    I have included the report generated by the create cluster wizard below and the error from the event log on one of the machines (the error is the same on both machines).
    Is there anything I can do to give me a better indication of what is happening, so I can resolve this issue or does anyone have any suggestions for me?
    Thanks in advance.
    Anthony
    Create Cluster Log
    ==================
    Beginning to configure the cluster <cluster>.
    Initializing Cluster <cluster>.
    Validating cluster state on node <Node1>
    Searching the domain for computer object 'cluster'.
    Creating a new computer object for 'cluster' in the domain.
    Configuring computer object 'cluster' as cluster name object.
    Validating installation of the Network FT Driver on node <Node1>
    Validating installation of the Cluster Disk Driver on node <Node1>
    Configuring Cluster Service on node <Node1>
    Validating installation of the Network FT Driver on node <Node2>
    Validating installation of the Cluster Disk Driver on node <Node2>
    Configuring Cluster Service on node <Node2>
    Waiting for notification that Cluster service on node <Node2>
    Forming cluster '<cluster>'.
    Unable to successfully cleanup.
    To troubleshoot cluster creation problems, run the Validate a Configuration wizard on the servers you want to cluster.
    Event Log
    =========
    Log Name:      System
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-FailoverClustering
    Date:          29/08/2008 19:43:14
    Event ID:      1570
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Critical
    Keywords:     
    User:          SYSTEM
    Computer:      <NODE 2>
    Description:
    Node 'NODE2' failed to establish a communication session while joining the cluster. This was due to an authentication failure. Please verify that the nodes are running compatible versions of the cluster service software.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-FailoverClustering" Guid="{baf908ea-3421-4ca9-9b84-6689b8c6f85f}" />
        <EventID>1570</EventID>
        <Version>0</Version>
        <Level>1</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Opcode>0</Opcode>
        <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-08-29T18:43:14.294Z" />
        <EventRecordID>4481</EventRecordID>
        <Correlation />
        <Execution ProcessID="2412" ThreadID="3416" />
        <Channel>System</Channel>
        <Computer>NODE2</Computer>
        <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data Name="NodeName">node2</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>
    ====
    I have also since tried creating the cluster with the firewall and no success.
    I have tried creating the node from the other cluster and this did not work either
    I tried creating a cluster with just  a single node and this did create a cluster. I could not join the other node and the network name resource did not come online either. The below is from the event logs.
    Log Name:      System
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-FailoverClustering
    Date:          01/09/2008 12:42:44
    Event ID:      1207
    Task Category: Network Name Resource
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:     
    User:          SYSTEM
    Computer:      Node1.Domain
    Description:
    Cluster network name resource 'Cluster Name' cannot be brought online. The computer object associated with the resource could not be updated in domain 'Domain' for the following reason:
    Unable to obtain the Primary Cluster Name Identity token.
    The text for the associated error code is: An attempt has been made to operate on an impersonation token by a thread that is not currently impersonating a client.
    The cluster identity 'CLUSTER$' may lack permissions required to update the object. Please work with your domain administrator to ensure that the cluster identity can update computer objects in the domain.

I am having the exact same issue... but these are on freshly created virtual machines... no group policy or anything...
    I am 100% unable to create a Virtual Windows server 2012 failover cluster using two virtual fiber channel adapters to connect to the shared storage.
    I've tried using GUI and powershell, I've tried adding all available storage, or not adding it, I've tried renaming the server and changing all the IP addresses....
    To reproduce:
    1. Create two identical Server 2012 virtual machines
    (My Config: 4 CPU's, 4gb-8gb dynamic memory, 40gb HDD, two network cards (one for private, one for mgmt), two fiber cards to connect one to each vsan.)
    2. Update both VM's to current windows updates
    3. Add Failover Clustering role, Reboot, and try to create cluster.
    Cluster passed all validation tests perfectly, but then it gets to "forming cluster" and times out =/
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciate.

• Unable to create Oracle BAM Sinks in Design Studio on Windows XP Profession

Hi,
    I am unable to create any Oracle BAM Sink in Design Studio. I am getting this error, when trying to drag BAM Sink to my plan:
    Failed to create the Transform COM object.
    [Oracle BAM Enterprise Link error code:  DC -- 0x1, DC -- 0x5B]
    Problem in step "Untitled, created 13. 11. 2007 16:39:07".
    [Oracle BAM Enterprise Link error code:  PlanMgr -- 0x2, PlanMgr -- 0x32]
    Error while preparing the Plan for execution.
    [Oracle BAM Enterprise Link error code:  PlanMgr -- 0x1, PlanMgr -- 0x11]
    The Design Studio is installed on notebook with Windows XP Professional SP2.
    On the W2K server with Data Flow Service installed it seems to be OK.
    K.

Select Unique TO_CHAR(T1.TRANSDATE, 'YYYY') as YEAR,
    TO_CHAR(T1.TRANSDATE, 'MM') as MONTH,
    TO_CHAR(T1.TRANSDATE, 'MONTH') as MONTHNAME, T1.TRANSDATE
    From SALES T1; <--bad
    from SALES T1 <--correct
    it should not have ";" at the end of the statement.

• Unable to create JAXBContext

I'm using Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse and WLS 10.3.3. I'm trying to write a web service to do a simple Oracle database query using JDBC and then return the results. I'm attempting to return the result in an array. Each element of the array contains an instance of a custom class that I wrote to hold one row of the results. When I try to publish the web service I get an error "javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Unable to create JAXBContext".
    If I change the return type of the web service to a simpler type, such as String, then I can publish it with no problem.
    Is there something special I need to do when returning a complex class type, such as placing some annotations in the code?
    Thank you!
    Neal

You should be able to return an array of your own "custom objects" ie:
    @WebService
    public class DealerWS {
    public Car[] getSedans(String carType){
    if(carType.equalsIgnoreCase("Toyota")){
    Car[] cars = new Car[2];
    cars[0] = new Car("Camry");
    cars[1] = new Car("Corolla");
    return cars;
    throw new WebServiceException("Not a dealer of: "+carType);
    Where Car:
    public class Car {
    private String model;
    private String make;
    public Car() {
    setMake("Toyota");
    public Car(String model) {
    setModel(model);
         public String getModel() {
              return model;
         public void setModel(String model) {
              this.model = model;
         public String getMake() {
              return make;
         public void setMake(String make) {
              this.make = make;
    However, what are the types you are using in the custom object public methods?

• Unable to Create Connection ( Connection error DA0005) in DESKI 3 TIER

Hi ,
    I have strange error of connection in DESKI 3 Tier.
    Work Flow:
    => Wanted to create a deski report in Three Tier( from Infoview) using specific universe.
    => When I ran query it gives me error saying Connection error DA0005( Unable to create connection)
    Work around did
    => Created Webi report using same univerese reprort ran fine.
    The connection is there  on enterprise I don't know whats going wrong.
    Can any one help me with this error
    Neo.

Hi Experts ,
    Any suggestions on this  please
    Environment : BOXI 3.1 SP3 , OS: AIX , APPS: WAS7, DB Trying to connect is DB2

• Unable to create temporary backing file

My program is throwing out the error:
    temporary open: /var/tmp/BDB20825: Too many open files
    unable to create temporary backing file
    This happens after my program has been running for about 4 hours. The program appears to run out of file descriptors. The listing of /proc/<PID>/fd shows hundreds of lines naming the same file (/var/tmp/BDB20825), like this:
    lrwx------ 1 zobell users 64 Jul 28 14:41 622 -> /var/tmp/BDB20825 (deleted)
    That file does not exist. I suspect that someone is deleting but failing to close the file. A few open file descriptors with this deleted file occur slowly in the early hours, but not at a fast enough rate to bring the program down when it does. It looks like there is a sudden flood at the end.
    The program repeats this error slowly, and is stuck inside the db code. Here is the gdb backtrace I am seeing every time I interrupt:
    (gdb) where
    #0 0x00e74410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
    #1 0x003d51dd in ___newselect_nocancel () from /lib/libc.so.6
    #2 0x002e5d39 in __os_sleep () from /devel/tfm/external/RH4_32/dbxml/latest/install/lib/libdb-4.6.so
    #3 0x002e43f1 in __os_openhandle () from /devel/tfm/external/RH4_32/dbxml/latest/install/lib/libdb-4.6.so
    #4 0x002e52ad in __os_open () from /devel/tfm/external/RH4_32/dbxml/latest/install/lib/libdb-4.6.so
    #5 0x002c0357 in __db_tmp_open () from /devel/tfm/external/RH4_32/dbxml/latest/install/lib/libdb-4.6.so
    #6 0x002c006c in __db_appname () from /devel/tfm/external/RH4_32/dbxml/latest/install/lib/libdb-4.6.so
    #7 0x002d50c9 in __memp_bhwrite () from /devel/tfm/external/RH4_32/dbxml/latest/install/lib/libdb-4.6.so
    #8 0x002d4a27 in __memp_alloc () from /devel/tfm/external/RH4_32/dbxml/latest/install/lib/libdb-4.6.so
    #9 0x002d62ec in __memp_fget () from /devel/tfm/external/RH4_32/dbxml/latest/install/lib/libdb-4.6.so
    #10 0x00232003 in __bam_new_file () from /devel/tfm/external/RH4_32/dbxml/latest/install/lib/libdb-4.6.so
    #11 0x002abc79 in __db_new_file () from /devel/tfm/external/RH4_32/dbxml/latest/install/lib/libdb-4.6.so
    #12 0x002abaff in __db_open () from /devel/tfm/external/RH4_32/dbxml/latest/install/lib/libdb-4.6.so
    #13 0x002a5d15 in __db_open_pp () from /devel/tfm/external/RH4_32/dbxml/latest/install/lib/libdb-4.6.so
    #14 0x0080644c in Db::open () from /devel/tfm/external/RH4_32/dbxml/latest/install/lib/libdb_cxx-4.6.so
    #15 0x0053ebbe in DbXml::DbWrapper::open (this=0x405bbee0, txn=0x0, type=DB_BTREE, flags=65537, mode=0) at Transaction.hpp:62
    #16 0x00549247 in CacheDatabase (this=0x405bbed8, env=0x9c5a848, type=DB_BTREE, compare=0) at CacheDatabase.cpp:28
    #17 0x005497e2 in DocDatabase (this=0x405bbed8, env=0x9c5a848, compare=0) at CacheDatabase.cpp:46
    #18 0x00584ced in DbXml::Manager::createDocDatabase (this=0x9c5a830, compare=0) at Manager.cpp:694
    #19 0x00519467 in DbXml::CacheDatabaseMinderImpl::verify (this=0xfffffdfe, entry=@0x6ac2f790, cid=-514) at CacheDatabaseMinder.hpp:31
    #20 0x00519398 in DbXml::CacheDatabaseMinderImpl::findOrAllocate (this=0x6ac5b4f0, cid=1, allocate=true) at CacheDatabaseMinder.cpp:71
    #21 0x00518e59 in DbXml::CacheDatabaseMinder::findOrAllocate (this=0x6acd9fa0, mgr=@0x9c5a830, cid=1, allocate=true) at CacheDatabaseMinder.cpp:21
    #22 0x0055b12d in LazyDIResults (this=0x6acd9f98, context=0x6acd9fa0, contextItem=0x4979abc0, expr=@0x9ce5de8, txn=0x0, flags=0) at /devel/tfm/developers/szobell/berkeley-db-xml/dbxml-2.4.16/dbxml/include/dbxml/XmlManager.hpp:80
    #23 0x0052f9cd in DbXml::QueryExpression::execute (this=0x9ce5de8, txn=0x0, contextItem=0x4979abc0, context=@0xbfcb0e04, flags=0) at /devel/tfm/developers/szobell/berkeley-db-xml/dbxml-2.4.16/dbxml/include/dbxml/XmlQueryContext.hpp:86
    #24 0x00565a3a in DbXml::XmlQueryExpression::execute (this=0x0, contextItem=@0xfffffdfe, context=@0xbfcb0e04, flags=4294966782) at /devel/tfm/developers/szobell/berkeley-db-xml/dbxml-2.4.16/dbxml/include/dbxml/XmlValue.hpp:186
    #25 0x0805af4b in XmlRecordWithCounts::ExtractQueryString (this=0xbfcb0dd0, select=@0xbfcb0e2c, result=@0xbfcac1d0, qDocument=0xbfcb0e14) at src/XmlRecordWithCounts.cpp:401
    #26 0x080585f6 in OdRecord::GetRequiredContent (this=0xbfcb0dd0, name=@0xbfcac1e0, origin=@0xbfcac1d0, dest=@0xbfcac1c0, type=@0xbfcac1b0, dist=@0xbfcac198, totalCount=@0xbfcac194, route=@0xbfcac1a0, qDocument=0x0) at src/OdRecord.cpp:143
    #27 0x0804d9c3 in ProcessOd (fpPrivate=0x8e11098, odDb=@0xbfcb0dd0, fdDb=@0xbfcb0d20) at src/BuildFdDb.cpp:263
    #28 0x0804f4c8 in ProcessOneDest (fpPrivate=0x8e11098, odDb=@0xbfcb0dd0, fdDb=@0xbfcb0d20, dest={static npos = 4294967295, _M_dataplus = {<std::allocator<char>> = {<No data fields>}, Mp = 0x9da758c "LAX"}, static Sempty_rep_storage = {0, 0, 69041, 0}}) at src/BuildFdDb.cpp:464
    #29 0x080501cd in main (argc=6, argv=0xbfcb10c4) at src/BuildFdDb.cpp:589
    At this time, the program is trying to extract fields out of an XmlDocument that is the result of a query. The program uses a pre-calculated XmlQueryExpression to extract a specific field. This may not be the best way to extract a field from a document, given the apparent overhead of needing a temporary file!
    My program queries two database files (OD.dbxml and FD.dbxml.new), and uses the information to add records to the second file. The databases are rather big:
    bash-3.2$ ls -l /tmp/*dbxml*
    -rw-rw---- 1 zobell users 5233745920 Jul 28 14:42 /tmp/FD.dbxml.new
    -rw-rw---- 1 zobell users 6539427840 Jul 13 10:16 /tmp/OD.dbxml
    (I keep them in /tmp because everywhere else uses NFS and performance is awful with NFS.)
    My environment:
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.3 (Tikanga) 32 bit.
    Berkeley DB XML 2.4.16, C++ interface.
    Disk space should not be an issue:
    bash-3.2$ df /tmp /var
    Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-tmp
    28948572 13044384 14409968 48% /tmp
    /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-root
    144742920 5333544 131938272 4% /
    I ran this program about a year ago and did not see this issue. I have made a few changes and linked to the newer version of the XML database since then. Any help is appreciated.

I have more information about this problem.
    If I "disable" the routine __os_zerofill() in os_fzero.c, by having it always return (0), I no longer get an exception and my application appears to run smoothly. However, I have not determined what in this routine leads to the exception. And, I have no idea what the short and long term consequences of "disabling" this routine will be....
    -Coralie

• Unable to create a tablespace under user scott despite of many privileges

Hi,
    I use user scott to test a rdf database using oracle 11.2.0.2 contained in oracle developer days in my oracle linux enterprise guest system. However, I am unable to create a tablespace under scott. The error message says insufficient privilege. Actually, I granted all privilege in Roles, System Privileges, Object Privileges to scott in the OEM panel. I also granted resource, create session, create table, unlimited tablespace to scott in sqlplus as well. However, I am still unable to create the tablespace. The command I used for creating tablespace is below:
    create tablespace rdf_tblspace
    datafile '\home\oracle\app\oracle\oradata\rdf_tblspace.dat' size 14m reuse
    autoextend on next 10m maxsize unlimited
    segment space management auto;
    Error at Command Line:1 Column:1
    Error report:
    SQL Error: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
    01031. 00000 - "insufficient privileges"
    Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

user571093 wrote:
    Hi,
    Thanks for the helpful info. Can you pls show me how to grant REATE TABLESPACE system privilege to scott? The System Priveleges in OEM is not enough for scott? Thanks a lot.You should first go through [url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_9013.htm] this  This link contains details of GRANT command.
    create tablespace is a system privilage granted to a user by the DBA in below way:
    grant create tablespace to scott;

• Oracle Database 11.2 Post-Upgrade error: ORA-01658: unable to create INITIA

Hi,
    While upgrading of database 11.1.0 to 11.2.0, i am getting the below errors.
    SQL> @$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlu112s.sql
    Oracle Database 11.2 Post-Upgrade Status Tool 12-28-2011 23:26:45
    Component Status Version HH:MM:SS
    Oracle Server
    . VALID 11.2.0.1.0 00:33:27
    JServer JAVA Virtual Machine
    . VALID 11.2.0.1.0 00:14:04
    Oracle Real Application Clusters
    . INVALID 11.2.0.1.0 00:00:01
    OLAP Analytic Workspace
    . VALID 11.2.0.1.0 00:00:40
    OLAP Catalog
    . VALID 11.2.0.1.0 00:02:00
    Oracle OLAP API
    . VALID 11.2.0.1.0 00:00:32
    Oracle Label Security
    . OPTION OFF 10.2.0.3.0 00:00:00
    Oracle Enterprise Manager
    . LOADING 00:00:00
    Oracle XDK
    . VALID 11.2.0.1.0 00:01:10
    Oracle Text
    . VALID 11.2.0.1.0 00:01:52
    Oracle XML Database
    . VALID 11.2.0.1.0 00:04:49
    Oracle Database Java Packages
    . VALID 11.2.0.1.0 00:00:28
    Oracle Multimedia
    . VALID 11.2.0.1.0 00:12:37
    Spatial
    . INVALID 11.2.0.1.0 00:09:51
    Oracle Application Express
    . ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace HTMLDB
    . ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
    . INVALID 3.2.1.00.10 00:33:43
    Gathering Statistics
    . 00:44:43
    Total Upgrade Time: 02:40:35
    PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
    Please help me on this.
    Thanks,

Vinod Ranjan wrote:
    Hi sb92075,
    Thanks for quick update,
    So is this related error is related to HTMLDB tablespace ?yes
    >
    Is this solution will workout?It depends upon actual size of new datafile added.
    So do as directed & report the results.
    What is current size of HTMLDB datafiles?
    >
    + Use ALTER TABLESPACE ADD DATAFILE to add additional space to the+
    + tablespace or retry with a smaller value for INITIAL +
    Thanks,
    Edited by: Vinod Ranjan on 31 Dec, 2011 7:43 AM

• Unable To Create and/or Rename Folders on DFS Shares

Hi
    We have a Windows 2008 Storage Server that we use as a data server. About 100 folders are shared on our network and we use DFS to collect these shares into manageable shared units.
    The network comprises 35 Windows 7 clients and one Vista client and a couple of XP machines. These are on a Windows Active Directory that presently comprises three domain controllers: 2003, 2008 and 2012 R2. The network comprises just one site and one subnet.
    This setup has worked fine for many years (we've had an Active Directory domain since 2001).
    As soon as I replaced our Windows XP clients with the Windows 7 clients I have been seeing some strange network issues.
    The most bizarre, and the most unwelcome is that when staff try to create new folders or rename existing ones they will sometimes not be allowed to. The problem is intermittent and I have no idea what may be causing it.
    The folder rename issue was encountered when we still used XP but I fixed that by disabling the caching of thumbnails. The error message that appears states the folder is in use. I have used Computer Management on the storage server and looked at Shared
    Folders > Open Files and have determined that no files were open when this issue occurred.
    When staff are unable to create a new folder they see the following message:
    I have tried various things to troubleshoot this with the help of a TechNet Community Support person in the Windows 7 forums
    here.
    To summarise we have tried using Process Monitor to capture the events and I am quite happy to upload this if anyone would like to see it.
    We tried the registry edits detailed in
    this MS article.
    I have created a dedicated firewall rule that allows all traffic on TCP ports 137, 138, 139 and 445.
    Another respondent suggested checking out Slow-Link mode but this has not been triggered.
    Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this, please? The network worked like a dream before the Windows 7 clients were introduced, when XP was used.
    Thanks!

Hi,
    As you just upgarded to Windows 7, please make sure SP1 is also installed on all systems and install the following hotfix rollup for Windows 7 SP1:
    An enterprise hotfix rollup is available for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2775511/en-us
    There was a known issue on Windows 7 which affected shared folders, that newly created or deleted files are not reflect in network folder immediately, which seems similar to your error. If issue still exists after SP1 and hotfix rollup please help confirm:
    1. If this issue occurs only on DFS folder in accessing with \\domain.com\namespace. Could you reproduce the same issue in accessing \\server\sharefolder?
    2. Will the same issue occurs after disabling Offline Files if it is enabled. 
    If you have any feedback on our support, please send to [email protected]

• Unable to create node /home/ SID adm with type directory

I am currently experiencing a problem when trying to install a Java Stack onto my new SCM 7.0  EHP1 server.
    I receive the error:
    System call failed.  Error 89......mkdir..../home/djdadm....
    (djd is the SID of my new Java AS)
    This is followed by an error:
    Unable to create node /home/djdadm with type directory
    We have Solaris v10 (SPARC), and the ABAP stack has already been installed successfully.
    The user djdadm was created manually on solaris before starting the installation (assigned to groups sapsys, dba, sapinst + oper) and the home directory "/usr/sap/DJD/home" was specified. 
    Note the difference in the home directory that it is trying to create to the one that we set against the new user djdadm.
    This error is experienced quite early in when SAPINST is performing the tasks (and it stops at the Create users for SAP system stage).
    I was experiencing a problem where SAPINST crashed completely for a while, so I've downloaded the latest version of SAPINST today.  Also, I've set a new TEMP folder and am running SAPINST from there, but am stuck at the problem mentioned above.
    Any help would be much appreciated. 
    Alistair Crawshaw

Hello,
    It looks like a Solaris issue. Check if the home directory /home is reserved in the Solaris configuration.                                                                               
    You may try this in that case:       
    1. modify /etc/auto_master file to change the entry for '/home' to say 
       '/autohome' instead                                                  
    2. reboot                                                              
    3. rmdir /home                                                         
    4. ln -s /export/home /home (make sure /export/home exists)       
    Regards,
    Désiré

Maybe you are looking for