Up to 8gig memory supported on T400????

Can the t400 support this much memory?  I think lenovo says that it does

when the DDR3 first came out in 4 gig module, each one had costed like 900+ USD... so two of them costed same as a W500 in USA...
Regards,
Jin Li
May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Similar Messages

• X4 Memory Support on MS-6378 ...

Hi!
    This mainboard might be old but i'm still using it.
    My mainboard is MS-6378, which is based on VIA Apollo KLE133 chipset for AMD Socket-A CPU.
    I bought this RAM stick that is PC133 512MB SDRAM, double-sided, 16-chips, but it's 64Mx4 IC organization (this is what the dealer told me).
    When i plug this stick into my MS-6378, my system won't boot with beeping sounds.
    I swapped back with my PC133 256MB 32Mx8 IC module and the mainboard works fine!
    Help!
    What is the memory support for this mainboard? Does this board support my 64Mx4 module?

Supports four memory banks using two 168-pin unbuffered
       DIMM.
    - Supports a maximum memory size of 1GB (256MB DRAM
       technology).
    - Supports 3.3v SDRAM DIMM.
    - NO support ECC Function.
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=22

• Memory speed on T400

I have 2 ea. 2gb DDR3 PC-8500 1066Mhz memory modules installed in my T400. If I check the modules under Everest Ultimate 460 they read DDR2 running at 667 Mhz. If I use CPU-Z they also read DDR2 but don't show a speed. Has anyone else been able to check the speed of their modules and what program did you use? I don't see anything in the bios to cause the memory to run slower than rated. Do you think they are really running at 1066 MHz or do I have some type of compatibility problem. I get the same reading if I pull one of the modules out and check them one at a time.

Short answer, yes, the DDR3 memory bus in your T400/T500 should show at 533mhz(+/- 1mhz)
    CPU-Z 1.51 will properly show as DDR3, previous versions may have incorrectly shown as DDR2 
    Here are your answers explianed in detail:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR3_SDRAM
    T500 - P8600 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, Modded - 4GB Patriot DDR3 and 320GB Caviar Black 7200rpm drive with Ati HD3650 and Catalyst 9.6 modded drivers - Vista Business 32bit stripped down to bare bones with VM's from Ubuntu to Win7RC1 64-bit.

• Memory Problem for T400

I brought my ThinkPads T400 one year ago. In this year, I brought Window 7 and installed in my laptop. After I installed all the drivers for the laptop. I can only use 2.99 GB memory out of 4GB. What is the problem? Do everyone knows? (Everything works fine, I can use the ATI Handen 3400 Discrete Video card, and the BIOS setup for display is:
    display monitor: Internal
    switchable graphic: disabled
    graphic: discreted graphic

hyphen1370 wrote:
    but mine is 64 bit version
    Where are you seeing your numbers?
    My T400 Win 7 Pro 64, Task Manager -> Performance:  Total: 3990, Cached: 2374, Available" 2475, Free: 129.
    That is with switchable enabled, integrated running, which IIRC would actually use more memory than your setup.
    Z.
    The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.  The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

• Memory Usage Issue - T400

Hello,
    I got my T400 in this morning and facing a small issue with the memory usage. I ordered the laptop with Windows Vista Biz. 64bit
    The memory usage at the start up is above 1.3GB. Is that normal?
    I am using a desktop PC where the memory usage did not hit 900MB (I am using Windows Vista Ult. 64bit).
    T400 spec.
    42X6336 SBB INT.CORE2DUOPROCP8600
    42V8173 VBB MS WIN VISTA BUSSINESS 64
    44C1081 SBB G W VISTABSS64 US ENGLISH
    43Y3484 SBB MW XP PROFES. US ENG RDVD
    42X6321 SBB 14.1 WXGA+ TFT, W/ CAMERA
    42X6315 SBB AMD M82XT HYBRID 256MB
    42X6306 VBB 2GBPC3-8500 1067MHZ1DIMM
    42X6355 SBB KYB US ENGLISH
    42X6323 SBB ULTRNAV(TRP+TOUCHP)FINGERP
    42X6351 SBB 160GB HDD/7200RPM
    42X6326 SBB INT.TURBOMEMORY1.6 2GB
    42X6345 SBB DVDRECORD.8XMAXDUAL,ULTBAY
    42X6312 SBB EXPR.CARDSLOTXN4-1M.CARDR.
    42X6325 SBB INT.WIFI LINK5300
    42X6328 SBB INTG.WIR.WIDENET UPGRAD.
    42V9338 SBB 6 CELL LI-ION BATERRY
    39T6442 SBB COUNTRY PACK NORTH AMERICA
    42X6388 SBB LPACK US ENGLISH

Hi, everyone
         I got a new t440p 20ANA00UHH (8GB RAM, win8 64bits) about one week ago. It works really well, but its memory usage  confused me. In Task Manager, the "Performance" option shows memory is 68% (5.4G in use), but "Users" option shows memory usage 66% (1019.5M in use). Is that normal ? I just opened some websites and word files.

• SL-510 - TYPE 2847-BWG memory support 8GB dual , With windows 7 64-bit

hello all
    i am new on this site and i want to ask about my lenovo thinkpad SL-510 TYPE 2847-BWG  .
    i have read Detailed specifications  in  the  site of lenovo about my  laptop model  ( i attch the link )
    http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/​detail.page?DocID=PD004286
    and see that my  laptop model support  up to 8GB maximum memory with    Dual-channel capable
    so  i want to know please if  i need only 2 stick of memory example 2x4GB that must be the same to
    be work on dual Together if i want my laptop have the max 8gb memory   ?
    and my second question if this two models of memory sticks support with my laptop
    the first model of memory is  :
    Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SODIMM Memory (CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9) 
    http://www.corsair.com/en-us/cmso8gx3m2a1333c9
    and the second  model is  :
      Samsung 8GB (2x4 GB) SO-DIMM PC3-10600S  (m471b5273dho-ch9)
    I want to note that I have an operating system
    Win7 home Premium 64-bit
    i would very appreciate to all of you And thank you in advance for answers
    i hope you can help me with this .

Yes, a matched pair (2x4GB) is correct for 8GB dual channel.
    I have had good luck with Samsung, and I think
    Corsair website has a tool to choose correct memory for you model,
    as do Crucial, Kingston, and others.

• Solaris 10 question: What is the maximum memory support at a x64 system?

I am trying to install Solaris 10 U4 at a x64 Intel system. When the OS installation cd boot, it can only recognize up to 32GB memories. After installation with 64GB memories, at the 1st boot, the system will continuously reboot automatically. So I would like to know if Solaris 10 can support 64GB at a x64 system. If yes, then does anyone have any idea how I can counter this problem. If not, then any idea why?
    Thanks~
    Anthony

Hi,
    If you install the faster 800 MHz alongwith the existing, then the faster memory will also default if any of the existing is of a lower speed. That said, 800 MHz will also work just as the 667 MHz with a slight difference.
    Good luck !
    Hit kudos if I helped.

• HP 500B Microtower memory support

Hi,
    We are looking to add some memory to an "HP 500B Microtower" system, I replaced it´s current 2 GB stick with a 4 GB one (Kingston branded, @1333 MHz) but it wouln´t boot up.
    In this forum I just came across this link
    http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/1372​4_na/13724_na.html#Memory
    Does it mean that, while it supports up to 4 GB, it only does it in a 2+2 fashion and not a single 4GB module?
    I am somewhat guessing this is the model as the baord doesn´t have any model printed that I could find.
    I am going by what I could find based on a CPU-ID report.
    Chipset  
    Northbridge Intel G41 rev. A3
    Southbridge Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R) rev. A1
    Memory Type DDR3
    Memory Size 2048 MBytes
    Channels Single
    Memory Frequency 400.0 MHz (1:2)
    DMI BIOS       
    vendor American Megatrends Inc.     
    version 6.07     
    date 03/21/2011    
    DMI System Information       
    manufacturer Hewlett-Packard     
    product HP 500B Microtower     
    version unknown     
    serial[Personal Information Removed]     
    UUID [Personal Information Removed]
    DMI Baseboard        vendor FOXCONN     
    model 2A8C     
    revision 1.1     
    serial unknown
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Yes, it means the computer only supports 2GB DIMMs with a maximum of 4GB (2 x 2GB).
    Please send KUDOs
    Frank
    {------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
    Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V
    This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.
    HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
    HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
    HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
    HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
    HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
    HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
    HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
    HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240

• MB471LL/A: 6GB Memory Support?: Express Port eSata Card?: Battery?

I bought this Macbook in early 2009:
    http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/stats/macbook-pro-core-2-duo-2 .53-aluminum-15-late-2008-unibody-specs.html
    I've not actually had the time to use it yet (its still sealed), as I do all my work on various PowerPc G4 work stations - so please excuse my ignorance.
    1. The model comes with a standard 4GB RAM, as per the specks listed at the link above; however, the specks say "third-parties have been able to upgrade the maximum to 6GB using one 2 GB and one 4GB memory module."
    Any more information on this? Does one just buy a compatible 4GB module and pop it in or does this involve some kind hardware/software hack or product also?
    2. I was looking to add a 34mm Express port card with preferably at least 2 eSata connections for use with a external hard drive dock such as this:
    http://www.buy.com/prod/4-bay-esata-usb-to-sata-hard-drive-docking-station-2-5-3 -5-uk/q/loc/101/219384963.html
    Any recommendations for a card without deep sleep issues (i.e., it causes the Mac not to wake up)? Will be updating to latest version of 10.5 once its up and running.
    3. Recommendations for a spare battery? Having not used it yet, I am not sure how good the original factory one is.
    Message was edited by: AntiFor

If you apply all available software and firmware updates and upgrades (including OS X 10.6.6), that machine will now support 8GB of RAM. Without any updates or upgrades, it will support 6GB. I recommend buying RAM for it here:
    http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/AppleMacBook_MacBookPro/Upgrade/DDR3
    I can't recommend any eSATA products.

• Updated Drivers / Proper OpenGL Support for T400/T500 Models with Switchable Graphics

Dear Lenovo, Dear interested users,
    when will an updated switchable graphics driver for Windows Vista (and also Win7, they are both quite outdated) finally be available? The drivers are completely outdated!
    With the current driver for Windows Vista (Version 8.563.2.1-090401a-079160C) only a fraction of OpenGL extensions are supported:
    The internal Intel GMA 4500MHD can only Handle OpenGL 1.1 (instead of OpenGL 2.1 it is certified for). Therefore most applications needing OpenGL won't run.
    The dedicated ATI Radeon 3470 only supports OpenGL 2.1 (instead of OpenGL 3.1 it is certified for).
    You can verify this behavior with the utility "OpenGL Extensions Viewer".
    I hope Lenovo didn't close the chapter switchable graphics for T400/T500 systems. It would be a shame for a company claiming to be a leader in business computing to deliver such poor driver-support.
    In hopeful expectance of updated drivers,
    Patrick

I'm having the same problems.  Is anyone reading this?

• G400S Ram memory Support

I´ve bought a lenovo G400S Core I7 and then bought one extra 4GB RAM memory module.
    Notebook only recognizes one module of memoy. It seems that second slot is disabled. Anyone know something about memory limits for this notebook?
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hi rpbarros,
    In addition to my post yesterday, could you also take a look at the link below from our Hints & tips page. I believe this could be of help too.
    http://support.lenovo.com/en_MY/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?DocID=HT062573
    Regards

• Remote shared memory support

I have been looking at the remote shared memory interfaces described in section 3RSM on Solaris 9, and I read through the docs describing the interfaces at
    http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-5042/6mb7bck55?a=view
    The documentation from docs.sun.com suggests that 3RSM support is part of sun cluster. However, the man pages in 3RSM make no mention of Sun Cluster, which seems to suggest it should be useable without. Is it possible to use the RSM interfaces (assuming I have useable SCI adapters and drivers) outside of the context of Sun Cluster, or are the two more intertwined than the manpages suggest?
    Thanks

Yes there are setting that need to be tuned. A good place to get the information is:
    http://docs.sun.com/source/817-6249-10/index.html

• Satellite A100-626 - Maximum system memory supported?

Hi,
    I have a Satellite A100-626 with 2Gb of RAM memory.
    As stated in specs for this model:
    standard : 1,024 (512+512) MB
    maximum expandability : 4,096 MB
    technology : DDR2 RAM (533 MHz)
    expansion module sizes : 256, 512, 1,024 MB
    It says that it can go up to 4Gb, but only shows module sizes up to 1Gb. (maybe 2Gb modules didn't existed at the time).
    Anyone knows or tested if it is possible to install 2 modules of 2Gb or 1 module of 4Gb to reach the maximum expandability of 4Gb?
    Also, does it supports frequency's up to 800MHz? If not, whats the maximum value?
    And at last, does DDR3 work on this model?
    Thanks in advance for the replys.

Hi
    I found this Toshiba product page:
    [Satellite A100-626|http://pt.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/SUPPORTSECTION/discontinuedProductPage.do?service=PT&DISC_MODEL=0 &ACTION=PRINT_WITH_BACK&BV_UseBVCookie=yes&PRODUCT _ID=119571]
    Its a Portuguese Toshiba page because I believe that this notebook model was designed for Portuguese market.
    There you can find a info that its possible to upgrade the RAM to 4GB (2 x 2Gb RAM).
    But note; the 32bit Operating system will be not able to use the full 4GB RAM.
    Just the 6bit OS can use and recognize the full 4GB
    > Also, does it supports frequency's up to 800MHz?
    This depends on the chipset. If the chipset would allows the 800Mhz then the memory module would run at 800Mhz otherwise they would be clocked down.
    > And at last, does DDR3 work on this model?
    No, as far as I know just DDR2 modules are supprted.

• KT880 Delta Mainboard - Memory Support

Can the KT880 Delta mainboard support Corsair XMS XL memory with 2-2-2-5 timings?
    I currently have two 512Mb generic modules installed (1Gb dual-cahnnel) and plan to install high performance ones.

If it's a matter of timings, it should be no problem.

• MSI FM2-A75MA-P33 Memory Support

Hello, i have a question. Will the Patriot psd34g133381 ram memory work with the MSI FM2-A75MA-P33 motherboard? The Patriot psd34g133381 is not listed as a supported ram memory for the MSI FM2-A75MA-P33 mobo on the official site, but is there any chance that it will still work without any issues with that mobo? Thanks in advance.

It should be OK. Just because it was not tested doesn't mean it won't work. It's impossible to test all of the RAM available on all of their MBs.

Maybe you are looking for

• Flaky Keyboard Issues

Occasionally, when I wake my iBook from sleeping, the keyboard won't respond to anything I type. I have to put it back to sleep, and wake it again. If I'm lucky, the keyboard will then work. If I'm not, it takes several sleep/wake cycles to get the k

• Client keeps loosing connection

Our office have a client/computer dedicated to streaming internetradio, and that is all it does. But for some reason, the client have alot of fall outs. We have 1 WLC 2504 and 2 AIR-LAP1041N-E-K9 (image 7.4.110.0) The debug for the client (00:22:fa:b

• Itunes will not open with Yosemite update!!!

After updating my Macbook pro to Yosemite, I have not been able to open iTunes. I have restarted the macbook and plugged my iPhone in and no matter what iTunes will not open!!!

• How do i put a scroll bar on a  JEditorPane ?

How do i put a scroll bar on a JEditorPane ? Can somebody point me to some sample code that works? thanks in advance Owen

• User exit in TRNS lb10 in wm

Hello friends I'm looking for an exit  or badi in TRNS lb10 which can change the quntity in the TO which creat from the TR. Note: when doing post good reciept for inbound delivery it goes in WM  to storage type 902 and the system creat TR . to move t