Update the hard drive of my T61

Hi, guys,
I want to upgrade the hard drive of my T61. My current one is only 80GB.  Is there any one has good experience? I plan to buy Western Digital 320GB Scorpio Blue SATAII 5400RPM 2.5IN 8MB Bulk/OEM Hard Drive WD3200BEVT  or the 7200RPM version. Are these two both working well? After upgrade the hard drive, how can I immigrate my current system to that new hard drive? Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

Either hard drive will work fine in your T61. To transfer your operating system, you can use the trail version of an Acronis boot disk to clone your old hard drive onto the new one. Or if you haven't already, you can burn the factory recovery disks and use them on your new hard drive.
\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //

Similar Messages

• How do I update my hard drive?

How do I update the hard drive in my MacBook?  I have a 250Gb and want to go to a 500Gb and want to just move my data to the new drive and swap.  Is that possible?

For a new hard drive try Newegg.com http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=380&name=Laptop-Hard-Dr ives&Order=PRICE
    Or OWC for regular hard drives and SSDs  http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/hard-drives/2.5-Notebook/
    Here are instructions on replacing the hard drive in a MacBook with a removable battery. http://creativemac.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=45088
    Here are video instructions on replacing the hard drive on the Aluminum Unibody
    http://eshop.macsales.com/installvideos/macbook_13_unibody/
    Here are video instructions on replacing the hard drive on the White Unibody http://eshop.macsales.com/installvideos/macbook_13_09_unibody_hd/
    To transfer your current hard drive I like the free application Carbon Copy Cloner. It makes a bootable copy of everything on your hard drive http://www.bombich.com/index.html You'll need a cheap SATA external hard drive case. Put the new drive in the case then format and partition the new drive and clone your old drive to the new one. Check that it's set up right by booting up from the external drive. Then replace your old hard drive with the new one and put your old one in the external case.
    Here's a cheap SATA external hard drive case on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vantec-NexStar-2-5-Inch-External-Enclosure/dp/B002JQNXZC/r ef=pd_cp_pc_0
    If you don’t have the tools to open up the MacBook OWC has a set for $5
    http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/TOOLKITMHD/

• Your firmware can not be updated because the hard drive...SMC 1.3

Hi all !
    I have a problem. I'm have a macbook pro Santa Rosa =
    Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 800 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03
    SMC Version (system): 1.27f1
    This morning I saw the update for the SMC firmware (1.3).
    Before restarting, I have this error :
    http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6606/26048579.jpg
    Your firmware can not be updated because the hard drive partition scheme may not be supported. You must be booted from a GUID partiton or RAID scheme.
    When I went into Disk Utility in order to check, here is what I have =
    Name : FUJITSU MHY2200BH Media
    Type : Disk
    Partition Map Scheme : GUID Partition Table
    Disk Identifier : disk0
    Media Name : FUJITSU MHY2200BH Media
    Media Type : Generic
    Connection Bus : Serial ATA 2
    Device Tree : /PCI0/SATA@1F,2/PRT0@0/PMP@0/@0:0
    Writable : Yes
    Ejectable : No
    Mac OS 9 Drivers Installed : No
    Total Capacity : 186.3 GB (200,049,647,616 Bytes)
    S.M.A.R.T. Status : Verified
    Disk Number : 0
    Partition Number : 0
    I thought Boot Camp could be involved becauseI know it's the only thing related to the EFI.
    I searched on internet, and Ifound nothing. There was a solution in order to reset the partition table, but the tool is no longer available. The link on on the application explains that I have to reformat my macbook pro. I find a bit weird to make this , I can't spend hours for backup / restore just because the SMC update does not work. have you any lead for me ?
    Thanks ,
    Razique

Have you tried this:
    Repairing the Hard Drive and Permissions
    Boot from your OS X Installer disc. After the installer loads select your language and click on the Continue button. When the menu bar appears select Disk Utility from the Installer menu (Utilities menu for Tiger and Leopard.) After DU loads select your hard drive entry (mfgr.'s ID and drive size) from the the left side list. In the DU status area you will see an entry for the S.M.A.R.T. status of the hard drive. If it does not say "Verified" then the hard drive is failing or failed. (SMART status is not reported on external Firewire or USB drives.) If the drive is "Verified" then select your OS X volume from the list on the left (sub-entry below the drive entry,) click on the First Aid tab, then click on the Repair Disk button. If DU reports any errors that have been fixed, then re-run Repair Disk until no errors are reported. If no errors are reported click on the Repair Permissions button. Wait until the operation completes, then quit DU and return to the installer. Now restart normally.
    If DU reports errors it cannot fix, then you will need Disk Warrior (4.0 for Tiger, and 4.1 for Leopard) and/or TechTool Pro (4.6.1 for Leopard) to repair the drive. If you don't have either of them or if neither of them can fix the drive, then you will need to reformat the drive and reinstall OS X.

• After replacing the hard drive on my G4 Powerbook and reinstalling Tiger I am no longer able to synch between itunes and itunes, it seems that the software on the ipod is of later date than itunes and I am unable to update itunes to the state prior..

After replacing the hard drive on my G4 Powerbook and reinstalling Tiger I am no longer able to synch between itunes and my ipod (Classic 160gb) it would seem that the software on the ipod is of later date than itunes and I am unable to update itunes to the state prior to the original harddrive's failure for Tiger OSX 10.4.11
    Any ideas on the subject would be most helpful
    Thanks in advance
    Dingoh

The last security update released for Tiger users was the 2009-005 update. The latest version of QuickTime is 7.6.4. The last version of iTunes that can run on Tiger is 9.2.1, because 10.0 only supports Mac OS X Leopard and later.
    So, are you on version 9.2.1?
    Was it Tiger or Leopard you had on the drive before?
    iTunes 9.2.1 download...
    http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1056

• I interrupted a software update and my macbook pro will not boot. I have tried to reboot using the startup disc, I have tried to verify the disc, and repair the disc. It tells me I need to erase and reformat the hard drive then reinstall the operating sys

I interrupted a software update and my macbook pro will not boot. I have tried to reboot using the startup disc, I have tried to verify the disc, and repair the disc. It tells me I need to erase and reformat the hard drive then reinstall the operating system. I do not have a back up of all my applications, my garageband music and other things. I also do not have time capsule set up on this machine, but I do have a 2 TB time capsule.
    Is there anyway to back up this corrupted drive so I can restore my applications later?

There's an old saying.  If you don't have a backup disc, then there must be nothing important to backup.  That's just lesson #1.  Lesson #2 is to never interrupt a software update.  Not a good thing.
    OK, I'm sure you know this.  It just upsets me to read your story, knowing you have a lot of important stuff on your hard drive, and didn't use time machine.
    You're pretty much in a bad place.  My only hope for you is to boot to your Installation Disc, then using disk utility see if you can save the internal hard drive (by fixing what can be fixed).  You might be able to see your user folder and some of your apps.  I wouldn't even consider copying the library, because who knows what's been corrupted in there.
    Good luck.

• I have a problem with the iPhoto not updating after the hard drive recall.

The iPhoto with not update after doing the Hard Drive Recall. It keeps saying I don't have the right ID. I have tried resetting all my passwords and no change. What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Which OS version did you have when you acquired iPhoto and was it on a DVD (iLife) or did you download it from the app store initially?
    And, last question, did you skip Mavericks? Mavericks owners were given the opportunity to update iPhoto to an app store version free of charge; if you skipped it and do not have a backup or the installer DVD or purchased a new computer recently, then you'll need to purchase it.

• My eMac won't update to 10.5.8 from 10.3.5 after I wiped the hard drive clean

I was wiping the hard drive of my eMac that at the time HAD a good running copy of OS X 10.5.8 on it. Now obviously I did not want to reinstall from a back up because I'm donating the eMac to a non-profit and wanted no data from me, the previous owner, on it..
    I do have the original discs, but they only install OS X 10.3.5 on the eMac. When I tried to update the OS to 10.5.8, where I had it running before wiping, I got a message that the "Bill of materials was not included for this package" (or something to that effect), so the eMac would not allow me to update the OS with the newly downloaded software.
    Now what?

Thank you both so very much! I have found my Leopard DVD and am installing it as I write this on a different computer. The missing link, no doubt. I presume that after I install the 10.5 Leopard, I can then add the update that sits on my desktop now?
    Again, thank you so much.

• Time machine won't back up since I have restored from time machine following hard drive replacement.  I am being told there is not enough space, however the back up is less than the hard drive size

We recently had the hard drive replaced on our Mac as part of Apple's replacement programme.  Prior to sending it off for repair we did a final Time Machine back up, which was completed successfully.  SInce getting the computer back we restored everything from the backup disk using Time Machine, which all worked fine, however now we are having problems with it completing regular backups.  We receive a message each time telling up that the backup disk doesn't have enough space on it.  It is telling us that it needs in the region of 370gb and only has around 30gb available.  The computer hard drive is in the region of 350gb and the hard drive is a 400gb one.  It is almost as if it is not recognising that the data already on the disk is the back up of this computer and is trying to complete a completely separate back up as opposed to just updating the backup already on the disk.
    Has anyone else got any experience of this and therefore could give me some hints on what to do.  I am reluctant to wipe the backup drive and start again, however I would prefer not to have to buy another hard drive if I can avoid it as this one is technically big enough
    I look forward to getting some responses

Hi, I never use TM myself.
    Have you looked through Pondini's extensive TM help site?
    http://Pondini.org/TM/FAQ.html
    http://pondini.org/TM/Troubleshooting.html
    Can't imaging something not being covered there.
    PS. It's generally recommended a TM drive be at least twice the size of your main drive.

• Why does iTunes sort files on the hard drive differently to on the iPod?

Hey guys! im using itunes 8.2 and my new iPod classic 120GB.
    I updated all my music in iTunes so that it is now perfectly organised on my iPod. The ipod appears to organise its artists using the "artist" field not the "album artist". because of this i decided to use "artist" like the album artist and "album artist" like the usual artist field so that i still had the names of some of the featuring artists etc (example: i have a song by Air featuring Beth Hirsh. normally this would have "artist" = Air feat. Beth Hirsh and "album artist" = Air. but as the ipod organises the other way around I swapped them over.) This all went fine and my iPod is perfect, as is the itunes library itself as i just sort by "artist" and it keeps everything as i like it.
    As I had managed to get that in order I thought I would then let iTunes organise the music on my hard drive. Frustratingly iTunes then decided to organise everything on the hard drive by "album artist"! which means i've got 2 folders for my Air album one under Air and one under Air feat. Beth Hirsh.
    Basically what im asking (after all that waffle) is 1) why is it different and 2) can i change it?
    if there is a way of changing it (which im sceptical of considering apple tend to tell you whats best and then have done with it, as they are more often than not right!) then im assuming there is more chance of changing itunes than the ipod.
    Any help will be much appreciated!
    thanks Andy

The problem you've run across has been inherent in iTunes & iPod software for quite some time - I suspect they don't consider it an issue or it would have been addressed by now. See my previous post on Grouping Tracks Into Albums for suggested workarounds for this and other organisational issues, in particular the topic One album, too many covers.
    tt2

• Can not shut down late 2011 MacBook Pro and turn it back on again without the hard drive disappearing?

Ok, I have searched for months for an answer to this question to no avail, probably because no one has experienced it before. I am hoping however that you guys can help me figure this one out cause it is driving me nuts! Also, I am not entirely sure what section of the support I should put this under so if I stick it in the wrong place, I apologize.
    Right now my problem is very simple. When I turn off my laptop, and then try to turn it back on, my internal hard drive disappears... and I get the blinking folder with a question mark on it. I have figured out something interesting however. I have an install disk with Ubuntu Linux on it. If I boot into that first, then RESTART the laptop, not shut down and turn back on, it reads the internal hard drive just fine and I can boot as if there is nothing wrong.
    Second part to the problem... If I allow the laptop in either OSX or Windows to go to sleep (aka shut off the hard drive but the computer remains on), when I attempt to wake it up, I am greeted with the usual log in screen of whichever OS I am in, but is frozen and after a few seconds goes black and restarts the computer to find that... Surprise! The hard drive is gone
    I have tried every trick in the book that I can think of, but can not seem to come up with a solution to the problem... I know when the problem happened and if anyone thinks that that will help them figure this out I will type everything I did up till, including the crash that caused this, and my attempted fixes, but I have class right now so only if you guys want it I will type all that out.
    What I am currently running is:
    2011 MacBook Pro 13in screen
    4Gb of Ram
    1TB internal Hard Drive
    OSX 10.11.whatever the newest update is... just updated the other day again.
    Windows 8.1 on BootCamp 5 (yea I know its not supposed to work but it does) again, fully updated
    Ubuntu 13.10 (I think? Doesn't really matter, its just an install disk I use to boot the computer)
    If there is anything else that you guys need me to provide, I can, just simply ask. I can provide as much info as is necessary.

Sorry it took me so long to write back, But unfortunately this didn't help my issue.
    My uncle and I did a lot of tests on this computer and have narrowed down the location of the problem a little bit.
    We tried to first reset the SMC and the NVRAM as suggested, but the only thing that did was make the fans run on full tilt for the first session after restarting it for some reason. After that we tried re installing OSX over the OSX that was already on the system (not removing any of the files). This also didn't do anything but make refit stop working. Then we moved onto the next task at hand by removing the hard drive entirely and booting it as an external drive from one of the USB ports... as long as you booted it with the options key held down, it worked perfectly fine. Then we put an alternative hard drive into the computer and installed OSX on that. This time there was no trouble booting anything up. Everything seemed to work flawlessly. So we made a backup of my original drive (OSX, Windows, and all) onto an external hard drive and tested booting to it via USB. That again worked perfectly fine and booted right up with no problems. So after that we formatted the original hard drive and reinstated OSX. We then proceeded to transfer all the old files from the backup onto this new installation and LOW AND BEHOLD..... we were back to square one with it refusing to recognize the hard drive again.
    So this basically told us that there appears to be something either wrong with the hard drive, or something got really screwed up in the software along the lines and by me copying all my old files back over, I just ended up bringing the screwed up file back over with it! (despite not copying over any settings of any kind) So I am still extremely confused as to what is going wrong... did some boot sector possibly get screwed up may be?

• Can I swap the hard drive from MacBook Pro 17 (2009) to MacBook Pro 15 (2006)?

My MacBook Pro 17 (2009) died. Pushing the power button gets no response. I had had problems with it for some time turning it on, it usually taking many many tries. Plus when I'd try to do a restart after updating software, instead of doing so it'd shut off super quick with a *pop* sound. There was never any of the typical hard drive going bad sounds I've read about and seen in videos. Since it has refused to turn on I've gone through every suggestion I can find to get it to turn back on. Unhook the battery and try starting from just the power cord; the shorting the power pads move; some thing undoing the battery, counting to 10, and then the next steps now escape my memory, but doing more counting to 10 inbetween; unplugging the battery and leaving it sit for 2 days with no power cord plugged in either, then hook it to a power cord and turn it back on; and so many more.
    Also the symptoms just before this fiasco were as follows: I had a CD in the internal drive and was browsing through the images on it via the handy previewer using the space bar. Then I decided to quite, tried ejecting the CD by dragging the icon to the trash, and nothing. I tried again. The same. Then I pushed on the eject key, with the ejct icon popping up on the screen momentarily, but still nothing. Then it appreared as though some things worked and other things were not working. In my frustration I went to the Apple menu and clicked restart with a wince knowing it was going to take forever to turn back on. It did the usual quickly off with a *pop* and made super short lame attempts to turn back on when using the power button. Of course the CD kept trying to spin for a split second and then the little indicator light on the front would go out, then no noise at all.
    Since I do not believe it is the hard drive (of course I could be wrong not being a Mac nerd at all), I was wondering if I can switch the hard drive to my Macbook Pro 15 (2006)?
    I tried this, but it would not read the hard drive. Just a blank grey screen. If it is possible to do this swap, what are the exact steps to do? Please answer like I'm completely illiterate on this, because I really am. I'm super scared of losing everything on the dead MacBook's hard drive. Yeah yeah, I know: then why have I not been backing things up? I had the week prior. Believe me I WILL be doing it daily from now on if I get this mess straightened out!
    Here are the specs for each MacBook Pro:
    Name: MacBook Pro 17 (info gained from the serial on the bottom and then looked up online)
    Model: A1297
    Model Code: mbp_17_early_09
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo
    CPU Speed: 2.8GHz
    RAM Type: DDR3 PC8500 SODIMM 1066MHz
    RAM Slots: 2
    Max RAM by Slot: 2 x 4GB
    Maximum RAM: 8GB
    RAM Pairing: Modules may be installed individually
    Hard Drive Connection: SATA 300
    Hard Drive Platter Size: 2.5"
    Device Connectivity: USB 2.0, FireWire 800
    Video Output (base graphics option): Mini DisplayPort
    Expansion Slots: ExpressCard/34
    Max Operating System Version: 10.6.8 (I believe that is what was last on the computer)
    Name:    MacBook Pro 15" (retrieved from the System Profiler on this Mac)
      Model Identifier:    MacBookPro2,2
      Processor Name:    Intel Core 2 Duo
      Processor Speed:    2.33 GHz
      Number Of Processors:    1
      Total Number Of Cores:    2
      L2 Cache:    4 MB
      Memory:    3 GB
      Bus Speed:    667 MHz
      Boot ROM Version:    MBP22.00A5.B07
      SMC Version (system):    1.12f5

OGELTHORPE really sorry to keep bugging you, but it's obvious you know what you are talking about and I'm stuck on thin ice here getting this fixed, because there are no authorized Apple reps here. I would rather shoot myself for messing up, then to trust someone who "says" they can fix my Mac down here.
    I checked out a company owned by ebay that is the same down here, called MercadoLibre. There are quite a few adapters listed there. I'd like to give you links for some and was wondering if you minded taking a look to tell me if any seem to fit the bill. Some have specs in English, others don't. (Google translater is my friend!)
    #1.  http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.uy/MLU-415826915-adaptador-usb-a-ide-y-sata-con -cables-y-fuente-envio-gratis-_JM
    #2. http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.uy/MLU-416270876-usb-20-to-ide-sata-25-35-hard- drive-_JM#D[S:HOME,L:HISTORY,V:1]
    #3.  http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.uy/MLU-416384859-adaptador-usb-20-a-sataide-_JM
    #4.  http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.uy/MLU-415596152-adaptador-usb-20-para-sata-e-i de-manhattan-_JM
    #5.  http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.uy/MLU-416061182-adaptador-de-usb-a-sata-o-ide- 3525-con-fuente-externa-_JM
    #6. http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.uy/MLU-416061069-convertidor-usb-20-a-sata-hdd- 25-soporta-hasta-1tb-_JM
    These are all cost effective enough that I don't care the price - cheap, expensive - whichever will work the BEST!
    I've also looked for the 7200 rpm HDD, and although I found some, I'll be danged if they are not 3.0, instead of the 2.5 that I have. Grrrr! I was willing to spend the $90 for 1tb... or being the non-techie that I am, can this 3.0 go into my 2006 MBP??
    Just so you can see what all is listed right now:
    http://listado.mercadolibre.com.uy/7200-rpm-hdd-2.5-macbook-pro
    Another newbie question: How do I check what the amount if RAM is presently installed in it? (I might be a greenhorn, but I take pride in not being a dumbie and I learn when taught)
    Right now, I'm willing to spend almost anything. I want a few files that are on the HDD at the moment that I was stupid and did not backup on my external. One file I worked on all day due to the dimensions I had to design it at and each effect took a long time to render. I really don't want to do that one again!.. I'm also willing to spend anything that won't cost me the price of a new iMac. Figure that should be the next one I buy that is affordable, but won't be overworked like the MBP was.
    Once again, thanks much for all of your help!

• Freezes while zeroing the hard drive

Hello,
    I recently purchased a high-res 1.67GHz Aluminum Powerbook to replace my aging PowerBook. The first thing I wanted to do was to erase the hard drive entirely and install a fresh copy of Tiger, so I started up from the system disc (Install Disc 1 that was originally included with the laptop), and, as I am wont to do, launched Disk Utility from the startup disc so that I could zero out any data already on the disc.
    Unfortunately, the computer froze entirely after only zeroing out approximately a third of the hard drive. After leaving it for some time and seeing no change, I force-shutdown the laptop by holding the power button. Subsequent attempts to zero out the data on the hard drive resulted in the same problem over and over again. After perhaps seven or eight tries, each with the erasure freezing prematurely somewhere between 1/3 and 2/3 of the way through, I finally succeeded in zeroing the drive and then installing the system.
    That was not the end of the troubles though, since I have been receiving other problems as well after I finished installation. I've posted regarding those problems elsewhere since they're not directly related to the installation process, and you can find those problems here:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1327523
    I later ran the included Apple Hardware Test on the computer, and it checked out as okay on the Extended Test. Since I wasn't satisfied with those results and I didn't know what else I could check, I also booted into Single-User mode and ran memtest (tested all RAM, three loops), but it all checked out fine as well.
    My initial guess would be some sort of a hard drive issue, but I don't know how to test for that aside from the Apple Hardware Test which I already ran (and which it passed). The hard drive also checks out as being Verified for S.M.A.R.T. status. I had also thought RAM, but memtest is the most thorough way to test it that I know, and it conclusively came out as being okay. My other thought was the logic board, but the Apple Hardware Test gave it the okay, and I have no idea how to test it more thoroughly.
    So, is there any other clue as to what the problem might be?

Since I cannot edit my post, allow me to update you here. I didn't stay with the computer during the zeroing process, but I checked up on it several hours later to find no error messages reported or other anomalies, so I presume that the zeroing process completed normally. By all indications, that seems to be the case, since the drive appeared to be wiped as I would expect.
    Unfortunately, the Install Disc included with the Aluminum is not one that I can boot from using my Titanium (it told me as much, and prompted me to restart from a different startup disk when I booted from it on my Titanium). So, I've gone ahead and exited Target Disk Mode for now and am installing the OS once again by starting the Aluminum up from the Install Disc.
    I've also updated the other thread I linked to in my first post with some information that might be pertinent regarding the steps I've gone through in trying to isolate the cause of the kernel panics. It's a somewhat lengthy post, so I'll avoid copy-pasting it here and instead just provide a link to the post:
    http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=6276046#6276046

• Restore the hard drive to the factory WinXP OS image - T60 1951-A31

I'm trying to restore the hard drive to the factory WinXP OS image on a number of 1951-A31 ThinkPad T60. 
    Found these instructions in the trouble shooting guide:
    1. If possible, save all your files and shut down your operating system.
    2. Turn off your computer for at least 5 seconds.
    3. Turn on your computer. Watch the display carefully. While the message, “To interrupt normal startup, press the blue ThinkVantage button” is displayed, press the ThinkVantage button. The Rescue and Recovery workspace opens.
    4. Click Restore your system and follow the instructions on the screen.
    The problem is that Restore your system does not appear.
    I found a thread on Thinkvantage  looks promising:  No Restore Option
    The thread has this:
    04-03-2009 12:55 PM
    kamszelei, welcome to the forum,
    from a lurker 
    which version of Think Vantage System Upate do you have installed?
    If you have version 3.13.0009 installed please try the following; boot into Windows and run TVSU.  It'll update itself, restart, then update itself again. Hopefully the option to recover to factory content will then be available to you.
    Please also check the following registry key; HKLM\Software\Lenovo\TVT Common
    If the "System Type" key is 1, change it to 0. If it is already set to 0 don't change anything and let us know
    Unfortunately my Thinkvantage update system is saying it cannot connect because it is not running
    Here are my questions about ThinkVantage:
    How do I get Thinkvantage update to run?
    How do I find the version number for Thinkvantage
    How do I "boot into Windows and run TVSU
    My other question is this:
    Can I simply buy the backup DVDs with the original XP?
    Thanks
    (mod edit: fixed broken link)

You need to have a harddrive installed that contains the original system restore partition, many people delete them because they are redundant and use up space and after a while, most of the content is outdated, meaning it will install 4-5yo system and software that you'd only want to replace or update anyway. I prefer to install from a windows setup disc, but you can buy the restore sets, it's a set of 7 or 8 CDrom, not DVD discs. Lenovo sells them I believe, or if you can find someone willing to copy a set and send them to you, it would save you some money. I can tell you that if I had a several of these to do, I'd much rather use a single windows setup disc, preferably one with the latest service pack and updates, so I'm done after a few mins and one disc, opposed to installing many discs, changing from one to the other, then in the end downloading and installing service pack three, then a few dozen hotfixes, it could turn into hours of work on each unit, but if you want them with all the preloaded software, then that is the only way. Good Luck
    ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 4gb ram...ThinkPad A-31 (1.9ghz P4 1.5gb ram)

• My user folder has disappeared from my hard drive though if I do a find for it it says it is still there. Anyone know how to restore it. I can drag a duplicate from the find window onto the hard drive but don't want two copies with one hidden.

My user folder has suddenly disappeared from my hard drive though if I do a find for it it comes up as still being there with all its data. Can drag a duplicate copy from the find window back onto the hard drive but don't want two copies there with one of them hidden. Any suggestions anyone?

Did you update to 10.9.3?
    If you did then update to iTunes 11.2.1.
    That is the fix for that problem.
    Allan

• Vista 64-bit Won't Update after Hard Drive Replacemen​t

My daughter has a Satellite L305-S5945 laptop (Model Number: PSLB8U-107071).  Running Vista 64-bit SP1.  She got a message that Windows detected a problem with the hard drive.  After I ran the usual virus scans (no threats or malware detected) and chkdsk route, we were still getting the message.  I did a reformat and Windows re-install and still got the message.  The old drive was a Toshiba MK1655GSX.
    I decided to replace it with a new drive, a Toshiba MK3259GSX.  Using the same recovery disks that were created off the old drive, I reinstalled Vista 64-bit SP1 on to the new drive.  Windows loaded fine, recognized the new drive, and then recovered all the Toshiba drivers via the recovery disks.
    ISSUES:
    1) As soon as it released control back to me, I immediately went to Windows Update to begin the downloads of all the updates and security fixes.  However, Windows Update remained red and informed that Windows could not update.  Then it gave me a error code: 8024A000.  It will not check to see if I need updates.
    2) I deleted the pre-installed Norton 60-day trial product (first with Windows uninstaller, then used Norton Removal Tool for all the little pesty registry entries) and downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials.  After going through a few screens of the SE installation, I got a message that installation had failed, and gave me an error code of 0x80070643.
    3) For fun, I removed the new hard drive, replaced with the old failing drive.  Still got the message about the hd problem, but had no problem updating  Windows or running SE.
    4) On the new drive, in glancing through the WindowsUpdate log, I'm seeing a LOT of 0xc8000247 errors (relating to datastore, getservicelist, queryregisteredprovider, etc.)
    I am assuming-perhaps incorrectly-that all these errors are related?  Other than the updates, Vista is working fine on the new drive.
    Any ideas?
    MikeS

Satellite L305-S5945
    Windows Update remained red and informed that Windows could not update.  Then it gave me a error code: 8024A000.  It will not check to see if I need updates. ... Other than the updates, Vista is working fine on the new drive.
    Can you give us more details about that situation, Mike? A picture would help. You can attach a small one by adding the .txt extension to the file name as I have done here.
    In the meantime, try resetting Windows Update.
       How do I reset Windows Update components?
    -Jerry
    Attachments:
    WindowsUpdate.jpg.txt ‏76 KB

Maybe you are looking for

• Split in Mapping Program

Hai, is it possible to use different Mapping programs in one process? For example I use Idoctype ACC_GL_POSTING01 to book some values from 3rd party into R3. So now I have to make a different mapping in according to the booking code coming from 3rd p

• IPhoto restoration please help!

Hi, my iPhoto has just corrupted, it says restore, is there a way to do this without restoring the whole machine? I didn't have time machine set up (lesson learnt) and how do i restore iPhoto? I have tried repairing it using command and alt, didn't w

• After 6.1.2 update apps not working

After updating my iPhone with 6.1.2, all the apps that I had downloaded from app store have stopped working. Further app store is also not responding. Please help. All other pre installed apps that comes with Iphone are working fine.

• Company code........ does not exist

Hi When i am creating number ranges in AS08 for asset master while i am getting error message "Company code........ does not exist" Could you please tel me solution any body

• Public class must be written in a seperate .java file?

Hi, 1. why is it compulsory for a public class to be written in a seperate .java source file? 2. why can not a .java source file contain more than one public classes?