USB alternative to audio jack on T530?

The audio combo jack on my T530 has had connection problems for some time - with any kind of listening device (headphones, earbuds, mini-speakers, etc.). The built-in speakers have no problem, other than being standard computer speakers and therefore not high quality. Is there a small but decent USB alternative to the jack? I work in audiobooks and have so far only been able to route playback through my Focusrite audio interface, which IS usb and portable, but still too large to lug around. Suggestions welcome!

smc/power manager reset unplug MP shut it down first hold power button for 5 seconds

Similar Messages

• Having problems with audio jacks, connections are shorting. i need an alternative solution for mixing in logic

i am having problems with mac pros audio jacks,any alternative solutions ?

If you're mixing in Logic, buy a FireWire audio interface. So many people make them, that it isn't funny. Personally, I'm a fan of M-Audio interfaces for a cheap, high quality device.
    Here's some FireWire interfaces, they also make USB products.
    http://m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.family&ID=FWinterfaces

• Boot Camp Windows 7 do not recognise wifi, ethernet, USB ports and has a scary red light in audio jack output!

Hi!
    I have just tried to install Windows 7 x86 version on my MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion and a couple of strange things start appearing:
        1. On the Boot Camp Assistant first screen, I tried to download the drivers and after about 15min the system responding that the server did not responded.
        2. I went further and installed the Win7 without making the ISO as requested by the assistant and with no driver burned on a CD
        3. After installed the Win7 I noticed that it did not recognise the WIFI in my home nor any other in the area;
        4. There is a freaking RED LIGHT coming from my Audio jack output that I have never seen in my life... and that scares me!
        5. The USB ports does not works on Win7 side !
        6. The ethernet does not work, Win7 just don´t recognise it...
        7. There is no Boot Camp on Win7 side to be deployed...
    Basically I will use Windows to run Quicken for Windows, but I can´t acces my backups on Dropbox because I do not have intercet access, and obviously I am not going to be able to back up new files.
    Is there someone able to help me?
    I have:Boot Camp 5.0.0 / Win7 Ultimate x86 / MacBook 2,5Ghz Intel Core i5 MID-2012 / Memories 4GB amd 500GB/ OS X 10.8.1 / Boot Camp partition with 50Gb for Windows.
    I appreciate all help!

Did you make sure to install the Bootcamp utilities after installing Windows? They can be found in the boot disk/usb flash that Bootcamp creates (check for a folder called "Windows Support").These should enable sound/video/trackpad/etc.to work with full functionaliity under Windows (you may need to reboot after doing so). After installing them, you may also want to run Windows Update to make sure you get the latest drivers.
    As far as the red light, many models of Macbook Pros are equipped with a digital Audio out. You can either use the standard analog 3.5mm Stereo jack (standard headphone connector), a 3.5mm miniSPDIF digital coax or miniTOSLINK digital optical cable (hence the red light). Windows may not know how to handle to audio out port until the proper drivers are installed and it may be enabling the digital signal by default. Installing the drivers mentioned above should set this back to normal operation.
    hope this helps.
    Toodles!

• I have an airport extreme which doesn't come with a straight audio jack on it like the express. Can I get a converter to go from the dual speaker plugs to usb on the extreme?

I have an airport extreme which doesn't come with a straight audio jack on it like the express does. Can I get a converter to go from the dual speaker plugs to usb on the extreme?

Sorry, but no. The only Apple router with an audio output jack is the AirPort Express.

• When I connect my electric acoustic through an audio jack to usb there is a delay between playing and recording. Can this be overcome?

when I connect my electric acoustic through an audio jack to usb there is a delay between playing and recording. Can this be overcome?

Hi johnbwebster,
    Welcome to the Support Communities!
    The Logic Express 9 Manual shows how to Adjust the "Recording Delay" in the Audio Preferences:
    Click on the link below for more information and screen shots:
    Logic Express 9 User Manual: Audio Preferences in Logic Express
    https://documentation.apple.com/en/logicexpress/usermanual/index.html#chapter=43 %26section=4%26tasks=true
    Cheers,
    - Judy

• Audio Jack to USB

Hi there,
    I was wondering whether it is possible to convert the 3,5 mm audio jack of my audio system to a USB and then hook it up to my Airport Extreme.
    Will I be able to listen to my music wirelessly this way?
    Kind regards

W92, Welcome to the discussion area!
    The USB port on the AirPort Extreme base station (AEBS) is only for hard drives and printers. It would not recognize any type of audio device.

• How do I use one audio jack as input and one as output?

On my MacBook Pro, if I get a USB-headphone connector (to add another audio port), will I be able to set one audio port as input and the other as output? To use the port coming out of the USB jack as a headphone jack, and plug a mic/output device into the computer's port?
    I'm thinking about buying a "Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter". I have a preamp that is NOT an interface, and I want to be able to monitor what I'm doing so I can multitrack. But my MacBook only having one audio 1/8 inch jack makes it so I have to choose either input OR output...I'm hoping if I add an extra port via USB I'll be able to have one of each.
    Thank you!

Roger Wilmut1 wrote:
    nategm wrote:
    On my MacBook Pro, if I get a USB-headphone connector (to add another audio port), will I be able to set one audio port as input and the other as output?
    Yes, either way round. In System Preferences>Sound you can set the input and output ports separately.
    Roger, the System setting have -Nothing- to do with the question being asked. Do you use Logic Pro audio software? If you did you would know Logic has it's own audio settings that run independently from the System audio. There's also the fact that Maverick has problems with "some" older USB 2.0 audio hardware. Basically, this is not a slam-dunk, that's why I suggested asking someone if they've used this combination before. Although... the USB audio device is cheap ($10) it might be worth it to try. Still.............**
    ** I question the wisdom of using cheap audio hardware on a computer that cost $1000+, software that costs $200 and then using the internal audio chip ($2) and an external monitoring device that costs $10. Defeats the whole purpose of using professional audio software.

• Can't get combo audio jack to pick up microphone

I have a G710 Lenovo laptop. It comes with a combo audio jack. I tried plugging my microphone it in but it wouldnt pick it up, it would only register the headphones. I bought a splitter for it and it still wont pick up the microphone. I know the microphone works because if i use a USB adapter, it works fine.

Hello,
    I was able to open everything before, however I cannot choose Scarlett because it does not show up. It is not the cord because I can tell power is reaching the cord.
    I think it must be a bug of some sort related to the software.

• Audio Jack in front not working.

Hi, when I bought my HP Pavilion p6823w Desktop PC, from walmart I hooked it up correctly.  When I booted for the first time, I got a Blue Screen of Death, and the problem system repair said it was my IPOD cord was plugged into a USB port.  Without the IPOD hooked up to it.  I couldn't boot up, so I ran the system repair.  the reason I didn't take it back to Wal-mart was because it worked fine without the Internet when I booted up again.  I also bought a Belkin Wireless N Adapter for my Router.  It worked fine with the internet. 
    Please read the whole thing, because this is all relative to why my audio jack isn't working. Thank you.
    Until I started using the internet for long periods of time, I received problems.
    For instance, it would disconnect me from the internet without telling me on the bottom side bar, it would tell me it's still working, when I keep getting web pages that are telling me the Internet Server is not found.
    Another instance, when playing League of Legends, my latency would go up to 10,000. This is not normal.
    The third instance, it would let me still play the game, but have high latency and lag out eventually.
    The fourth instance, I cannot download any files on the computer anymore, even if the internet is connected.
    The fifth instance, my monitor when it goes to sleep, will only display the background image, without any icons.
    This must be a hardware problem, if the monitor won't load the desktop icons or start menu.
    To make it work again, I have to turn it off manually with the button, and turn it back on again. And then it works.
    I didn't notice this problem till after the 30 days of returning policy to walmart, because I turned off my computer when I was done using it.
    The sixth instance, I can disable the network adapter, and re-enable it to make the internet work for a very short period of time, with the same errors of not being able to display web sites.
    The seventh instance, I reformatted my computer because I thought it was a virus that norton couldn't find. It still had the same problems, but after the first few days it started up again.
    The eighth instance, I received w WinSAT repair, because my game was freezing completely for about one second or two seconds.
    The ninth instance, I contacted HP Support VIA Phone, and they could not fix the problem.
    I enabled High Performance Power Supply.
    I reset the IP Address.
    I cleaned my temporary files.
    I ran Norton Anti-Virus, found nothing.
    I ran Hijack This, a program to see what program files are being used.
    I ran HITMAN PRO. Found nothing.
    I ran firmware updates for my router, is was up to date.
    I changed the settings to WEP after, to see if it was the router.
    I checked all my other computers to see if it was the internet, it is not the ISP.
    I also changed the network name, so the interference with temporary files, wouldn't interfere.
    I used other browsers, and had the same problem.
    Some websites would load halfway, and need a refresh.
    I have not opened the desktop.
    I tried exchanging the Belkin Wireless N Adapter, I had an older one I bought before, and when I plug it in, it doesn't recognize the device.
    I re-plugged the new one in the USB port, and it worked for a few minutes before returning to the same errors of Internet Server Not Found.
    I am confused, because it's not the Wireless N Adapter. My browser, my ISP, my router, my USB port, because the other's work and so does this one.
    My reformat didn't work, and I experience this problem everyday, but now downloading files doesn't work even when all other web pages load. This means, there is something wrong with my hardware.  Because the other browsers won't download either.
    I'm also using my laptop right now, to make this post, so my internet on all my other computers works fine.
    I'm interested if there is a problem with the hardware when I bought the computer, because there is no real fix for this problem.  Each time I get on the phone with TECH SUPPORT, they ask if it's working. And sometimes it does, but then after a few hours it goes back to the same errors. I can't keep calling Tech Support, telling them it's not working when it starts working randomly, then going back to the same errors. Please help!
    Also, TECH SUPPORT ignored my monitor problem.  They didn't say anything about how to fix this problem. I hate having to turn off the monitor and turn it back on because this is  a brand new computer. I still have the receipt, warranty and I'm tired of explaining the problem to different people from TECH SUPPORT.
    Also, my audio jack in the front doesn't work.

Hi,
    Did you burn a set of the HP Recovery Disks?  You mentioned that the reformat failed. Is that correct? Did you try a full HP Recovery?  If not, then backup your data to external media.  Boot up to the HP Blue screen and first try diagnostics and see how that goes.  If that is successful, then boot again up to the HP blue screen and try Recovery.
    If you don't have a set of the HP Recovery Disks and the Recovery process fails from the HP blue screen then you need to order a set of the HP Recovery Disks from HP. HP Recovery Disks.
    HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
    HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
    HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
    Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
    Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
    Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT

• Charging iphone with audio jack?

I just purchased a new vehicle, and the auxillary connection for media is an audio jack input. Does anyone know where I can get an adapter for the cord that comes with the iphone? Or possibly a cord with the apple male connection on one side and a male audio jack on the other?
    Thanks!!

I'm alittle confused, mainly with the title. Are you looking to charge the iPhone through the audio jack from the car? If so there is no power and no way to charge it from there. The AUX jack in the car is for audio in only.
    There are cables that have the iPod dock end to plug into the iPhone, and then it splits to audio and USB jack for charging. You could then plug the USB end into a cigarette USB power jack from the car and the audio cables could plug into the AUX jack on the car. I would suggest trying a Best Buy or Future shop.

• Msi p35 neo Front Audio Jacks Not Working

i have msi p35 mainboard and EZcool case in the front i have 2 usb,mic in and headphones jacks
    the usb jacks are working and but mic and headphone jacks doesn't work
    I instulled the driver and it Show me the jacks but the steel doesn't work
    What should I do?
    plz help me
    now you can see my promplem in video

Deactivate the automatic front panel audio jack detection option in realtek hd audio manager.

• P6N Diamond X-Fi Xtreme, back audio jack not working after windows reinstall

Hi everyone,
    I've been having a problem with audio since reinstalling windows. Previously under windows xp sp3 i had no issues but after the most recent reinstall of windows xp, the rear jacks for the audio aren't working despite the front headphones jack working perfectly fine. Since this was only a short term measure, i didn't bother trying to sort it out until now, when I've now installed windows 7 on the computer and the issue still exists.
    I'm using the latest driver available on the msi website http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=1&prod_no=1168 and I have also tried using the audio driver patch available on the same page.
    The fact that there were no problems before a recent windows reinstall and that the issue is mentioned on the driver download page makes me think the problem is with the drivers and not with the hardware.
    I searched through the forums and while a fair few people seem to be having the same issue or similar issues with audio jacks not functioning properly, i couldn't find a relevant solution for me.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Yep that sounds exactly like my problem. The issue lies with the on board soundcard and their vista drivers. Creatives' vista drivers are notoriously bad. This coupled with the fact their drivers won't even INSTALL on a p6n board because their drivers do not detect the onboard soundcard adds to the problem. As far as I see it there are two ways to solve this issue:
    1.) Buy a front audio panel addition to your case.
    I am not sure on your setup but here is one with HD audio support: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813999356
    And that will fix your back panel port, and give you the option to use the front as well.
    2.) Buy a new soundcard.
    This is what I did after learning that the onboard x-fi isn't even a real x-fi card. I opted to buy the X-Fi gamer (cheapest of the X-Fi cards) and so far the drivers have been acceptable in vista. My non-hd front ports work, as well as my back port.
    Another alternative would be to wait for MSI to release an update to the creative drivers that they provide. No guarantee on that though.

• PrPro...Soundbooth,AfterEffects also applies: BOSE Companion 5 USB speakers - No audio input!

Several things at play with this audio setup on an Intel board 2.8GHz HT CPU, 4(6)GB ram running Window Vista Ultimate but with respect to USB speakers and stereo mix input, Vegas odds are ... ain't gonna happen.
    None of the Adobe audio manipulation front-ends will record audio from stereo mix as it stands in Vista. There is a native Intel package called IDTAudio which stands alone as the Windows hardware audio proxy and it enumerates system devices found on Intel's board. That is, the front & back jacks, etc.
    But BOSE USB speakers are independant 5.1 sound simulators and present no venue as far as input for Adobe.
    Please advise:
         Is there any way BOSE USB speakers and audio generated by the Intel hardware can be routed through any Adobe product (Premiere Pro, Soundbooth, AfterEffects)
    (Note: disabling USB speakers in windows sound and enabling all other board audio input&output devices will activate Adobe inputs in each of the above apps and recording can be done; but without monitor capabilities. The recordings can be played back after reenabling USB speakers & redisabling the default audio output devices.
         Not the end of the story though:
              Any audio recorded [then played back ... on the same system (sp?)] is RICHLY & DEEPLY reverb/echo altered.
    Thanks in advance!

I ended up doing a format and clean install of my hdd, and did not update garageband, I will try this, thanks

• Installing a Mike in Audio Jack

I have an Ibook G4 14" 1.42 MHz, I wanted to transfer my audio cassette on to my Ibook and I had no way to do this, other than purchasing a USB unit, but instead I decided to install an Audio Jack that I can input a line from my mixer and record voices and transfer my music from all the audio cassettes that have important material on it.
    The project has been a success, as I am writing on my G5, I am recording clean sound with my Ibook.
    I wanted to share this, probably someone out there would like to to the same, Note: you really need to quiet savvy with taking the system apart and solder wires.
    If anyone is interested I can share photos and a few steps.
    Sigi

Check CompUSA, Newegg.com or any other computer retailer. You can buy heatsink/fan kits. Swap the heatsink out (be sure to purchase a good paste) and plug the fan in. I'm not sure if there is a fan connection on the DA processor card, if not, you'll need to get a power adapter and plug it into the power supply.

• Audio jack on my Pavilion

It finally happened. My Bose speakers won't work now in the audio jack. Well they work, but only sound is a buzz.My ear buds will work if I put a little weight on the plug-in. This is a short, right? Can it be replaced?

Hi there @privateidaho49 
    Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.
    I understand that you are having some trouble with your audio jack on your notebook.
    I took a look at the HP Pavilion dv6 Entertainment PC - Maintenance and Service Guide for that series, and unfortunately the audio jack is not on a separate board, so to replace them would require replacing the mainboard itself. Otherwise you would be looking at soldering, which unless you are skilled has its own inherent risks, such as damage to the board or its traces.
    A possibility you could also research is maybe an external USB/audio adapter of some sort. Just a thought. 
    If you decide you wish to look at replacing the main board, then please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
    http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assis​t.html
    Malygris1
    I work on behalf of HP
    Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
    Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Maybe you are looking for

• Zen Stone Plus 4GB - Hiccups / Skipping with new firmware 1.01

I upgraded my recently purchased Zen Stone Plus 4GB to the new .0.05 firmware a few days ago. Ever since, most (if not all) tracks will play for ~ second, then skip back to the beginning and play fine thereafter. The problem will recur when the next

• Macbook won't charge or run off mains for more than a few seconds

Last week my Macbook power adapter seemed to fail - the light had disappeared and my battery slowly ran out of power. I tried using a different power cable into the adapter to see if the fuse had gone, but this made no difference. After trying severa

• HTTP response code: 500  (Internal Server Error) when updating CMS

Hi all, I'm using NWDI to develop a component. After I have created Product and SC in SLD, I'm going to add SC into my Track. However the component doesn't appear in the list, even I have updated CMS. Then I checked the CMS log file, it says #1.5#001

• Keyboard for apple TV?

any way to use an aplle wirless keyboard, or other brand, with apple tv 2?

• Client-cert only ?

Hi, Sun App Server 8. Is it possible to setup web app security with client-cert only (no user & pass) ? If so, please provide sample xml files. Thanks