USB Audio distorts when using Stanton T90

I have a Stanton T90 USB turntable that works ok with a PC.
However when used on my Mini Mac after a short time the audio starts distorting.
It seems to be application independent and in the logs I have seen:
Oct 30 23:22:01 Macintosh kernel[0]: WARNING: AppleUSBAudio has detected that a connected USB audio device is sending too much audio data.
Oct 30 23:22:01 Macintosh kernel[0]: WARNING: This USB audio device may not function properly. Please notify the device manufacturer.
Has anyone any ideas how to solve this?
Yours
Leon.

Hello thanks for the feedback.
I've 1Gb of RAM.
It happened when I only had my mouse and keyboard connected with nothing but Audacity running. However my mouse is connected via my Mac keyboard so I could try that on a separate port. From the error it appears that the USB port is not being read often enough.
Unfortunately it seems that Apple drivers can be just as prone to incompatibilities as Windows. You can find hundreds of articles about these issues with both Audio USB and Firewire devices.
My last step before throwing the turntable back at Stanton will be to reinstall my OS (Leopard) to see if an update has caused the problem.
Yours
Leon.

Similar Messages

• Soundsticks (USB Audio) Distortion w/High SPLs...

I have a pair of Harmon Kardon Soundsticks (I've had them for a long time, maybe 10 years) anyway, they have been working flawlessly on my 2006 vintage Mac Pro yet lately the audio distorts when playing it rather loud and with some demanding material...
    So, does it sound like there is an issue with the MP or the Soundsticks?
    Thanks,
    Robert

I have been having similar problems with my (much less fancy) USB speakers, intermittently, since the 10.4.6 update (PowerBook). From another post I made elsewhere:
    I have Altec-Lansing XT1 USB speakers. They're connected to the PowerBook via a USB KVM, to an ADC, to the speakers.
    For the last week or so (it started soon after 10.4.6 upgrade), an odd temporary sound distortion has been occurring. As the original poster mentioned, it sounds for the life of me as if the speakers are blown.
    For anywhere from a few moments (several seconds) or longer, the sound output will become distorted in this way. Then, often of its own accord, things will go back to normal. If I want to get them back to normal more quickly, I can mute and unmute (I use a Logitech keyboard with a mute button, or sometimes I hit the Griffin Powermate which defaults to mute, and occasionally I even hit the sound control on the menu bar). When it's unmuted, it comes back undistorted.
    Hence, this phenomenon seems to me to likely be software-related.
    I almost always use the PowerBook closed and hooked up to an ACD. Lest you think this is particular to this set up: I have another identical ACD & speakers at the office (indeed, even the same keyboard), with the main difference being the lack of the USB KVM switch being left out. The problem happens there as well.
    I welcome any thoughts.
    Thanks,
    Doug

• Terrible audio interference when using isight

I started a new thread for this since the others were archived and not accepting further comments, even though the subject remains unresolved.
    There is an incredible amount of audio interference when using the iSight in iMovie. The best way to describe it is as an electronic hiss that overshadows a voice or other audio subject. While the video is clear, the audio hiss prevents me from posting any videos on uTube or using them for any other purposes.
    Any insight on the isight? Any recommendation for external usb mics that may help?

Thanks, Defcom. But I tried all different sorts of settings. I guess I can't assume that the tiny little mic and webcam could be of any good quality. At this point, I am taking suggestions for a good external usb stereo mic or webcam with built in stereo mic.

• When converting from a .wav to a .mov is there a loss of audio quality when using QuickTime?

When converting from a .wav to a .mov is there a loss of audio quality when using QuickTime?

When converting from a .wav to a .mov is there a loss of audio quality when using QuickTime?
    That would depend on your work flow. MOV is the generic QuickTime file container and is not related to any particular data compression format. If you perform a simple "Save" or "Save As..." action that merely copies the data in the WAV file to an MOV file, then the data remains unchanged and maintains its original quality. If, on the other hand, your transcode/re-compress the original data to a different compression format, then there is always the potential for some loss in quality. Depending on the codec and/or settings, the potential loss could be inaudible to severe.

• My iphone 5 has bad audio qualities when using the telephone properties: what solution was offered by apple or provider?

I have a new iphone 5 that has a very bad audio quality when using the basic telephone function. Both wen called or calling the conversation is either of quite poor quality or drops awau alltogether. The latter happens sometimes 5 times on a row during one conversation or better attempt to have one..:)
    Who has similar problems and what has been the solution offered by apple or their provider?

I have the same issue with the following setup:
    Garmin 2597LMT
    iPhone 5
    Motorola T605 bluetooth hardsfree system
    I ended up disabling the nuvi bluetooth -- I don't subscribe to any smartlink services -- so I'll guess i'll go without Weather on the nuvi for now.

• Noise on audio output when using the power adapter

I'm a musician and use my mid-2007 MBP 15" in my live rig. When I use the power adapter, I hear a buzz, sometimes accompanied by a slightly louder buzz that cycles on & off about 1x/second. There are a few weird things going on here:
    1. The buzz does not happen all the time. That leads me to think it may be noise in the AC line that the adapter is plugged into.
    2. The noise is heard when I use both the built-in audio output AND an external USB audio interface.
    In any case, when I disconnect the power adapter and run my MBP on battery, the noise goes away completely. I can probably do this on most gigs, but I'm a little nervous since I run a FW drive, an external USB audio interface, and my midi keyboard (powered by USB) so I am putting a little heavier than usual load on the MBP's battery.
    As I said, this may be a noisy AC line. Another guess is that it's the PMU inducing noise into the audio circuitry. I'm hoping a simple AC line filter can help me but I thought I would ask here first in case anyone else has dealt with this. TIA for any help!

I had a similar problem and fixed it with a $5 universal travel adapter. Yours might be different but here's my situation. Try it for little cost and see if it works.
    I'm also a muso with an iMac running external KRK speakers via USB Mbox2. Previously I had a Macbook Pro and the same audio problem. I've been putting up with a very low volume, high pitch noise until now. I simply plugged the Mac power cord into a universal travel adapter which then goes into the wall. For Aussie users there is an adapter on ebay that will allow a 3 pin Aussie plug to go into female side and has a two pin Aussie male on the other. For US users you can probably get the same although there is a 59c product that will do the trick called a ground lift adapter. Applecare actually agreed this was the best fix and confirmed there would be no problems with power supply or Mac performance. What a gem ! God knows I've looked into all kinds of alternatives that could have cost hundreds instead of $5.

• HT6114 I'm still getting audio distortion when I input audio through the minijack.

I updated to Mavericks, and now when I plug my iPhone in with the miniplug with a male-to-male cord, I get a pitch shift that happens randomly through Quicktime audio recording.
    Since I don't have my music backed up on this computer, I input my iPhone's music through a cord and use the audio recording feature. It's worked great for over a year until I upgraded to Mavericks, and I hoped this update would have fixed it since it said "• Fixes an issue that my cause audio distortion on certain Macs."

Is it just sites like YouTube? Can you play music files-mp3/cd ,hear Windows system sounds,etc?
    ******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
    **Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**

• IMovie Audio Distortion (When Exported)

I recently made a video in IMovie, and I am running into some troubles with the audio when i export the video to a quicktime format or when I burn it onto a CD. I preferred using IMovie HD to the version I had upgraded to with iLife '08 so I re-installed IMovie HD - version 6.0.3.  The video is about 40 minutes long and includes both video's from a handheld camera (with sound), still pictures, and music from my iTunes.  The video runs great on iMovie, but when I burnt it to a DVD or when I export it to quicktime, it is distorting about 3 minutes of audio at the beginning of the video.  It sounds like someone sped up the voices, put a mic in a wind tunnel, and made some weird sound effects over the top of the video.  The original audio is still recognizable, but it is greatly masked by this distortion. 
    The other issue is that when I try to open the .mp4 file created from the "share" function of i-movie, it is giving me an error message that says "An invalid sample description was found in the movie".  I have tried changing the extension to a (.m4v) but had no luck.  When using VLC's video player to open the file however, it worked like a charm and the video displayed just fine (except for the audio distortion as mentioned above).   Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so, do you have any possible solutions? I read somewhere online about separating an ac3 file (I have no idea what that is or how to do it), but I can not find the article again.  Thanks in advance!

Hi Bob,
    Welcome to iDVD Discussions.
    Did you import 16-bit audio from your camcorder?
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=165285

• Serious audio static when using display or FireWire

I've got a strange issue with my Core Duo Mini (1.66GHz). When plugged in to my stereo using an RCA Y-splitter from RadioShack, there is static bad enough to drown out all the audio. This happens with any combination of audio cables I use, but does not happen with other computers plugged into the same outlets, or with headphones or portable, self-powered speakers.
    So far I've survived using an AirPort Express, but decided that I've had enough of fiddling with audio delays in VLC when watching DVDs and tonight rewired everything. The buzz is still there.
    What I inadvertently discovered is that if I leave my display (Apple 21" Studio CRT) and two FireWire hard drives unplugged, the static disappears.
    I'm considering the purchase of a USB audio out device (such as the iMic), but would rather not spend more money on this.
    Thanks for any insights!
    Mac Mini Core Duo 1.66GHz   Mac OS X (10.4.7)   1GB RAM, 80GB internal HD, 160GB FireWire HD, 600GB FireWire HD, Alesis IO|2, Apple Studio 21" CRT,

I've been having a similar problem where I'd get a low buzzing sound going to my self-powered speakers. After doing some research, I found that I'm just getting electrical interference from one of the devices in the chain. So the only solution for me was to get a Ground Loop Isolator which basically grounds the electrical interference in the wires before going to your stereo.
    http://www.xitel.com/product_gli.htm
    There are much cheaper versions at radioshack.com as well.
    I hope that helps.

• Sound distortion when using hdmi cable

HP G62 notebook pc(Laptop) windows 7
    I have sound distortion when i connect laptop to pc using HDMI cable, happens after 10 minutes then sound is ok again then 10 minutes later sound distortion again. Sound on laptop is ok. Not HDMI cable because used other laptops and its works fine.

I'm having this issue as well. Just posting to let people know there is more than one person with this issue. I have a pavilion dv5 laptop

• Good day everyone, just wanna ask for help regarding my iPad, this past few weeks I've noticed that while playing the videos that I made it doesn't have its audio, but when using my music and other stuffs it has audio.. same through when i use skype

Hi everyone, I just wanna ask regarding my ipad, This past few weeks after I recorded a video, when I played it, it has no audio, while when I use My music it has audio and same through with other apps, and when I use my skype also I can't hear my voice on a test call, what's the best solution you could offer to me to help with my problem. Hoping for a positive response from the tech gurus here. thanks much -appleS

Try a reset:
    Hold the Sleep and Home button down until you see the Apple logo.

• Audio distortion when fully inserting headphones

Evening Applers
    I've noticed a small crack on the very top left of my 3GS around the metallic frame that has coincided with a problem with the audio when adding headphones.
    I suppose I'm trying to diagnose whether the impact of this crack could have damaged in some way the audio jack to cause audio problems when fully inserting the headphones. If I insert the headphones 1/2 way the audio is as new, but obviously as they're not fully inserted makes it tricky to listen without having to support the jack to provide the connection.
    I've tried fully inserting a similar jack linked to my stereo, however, and the audio is as new!?!? I've also tried the headphones out of another iPod to see whether that is causing a problem as well as attempting to clean the jack and blow any dust out but to no avail.
    Does anyone recognise this problem, and can offer any tips or suggestions as to resolving this?
    Many thanks in advance
    Tim

Many thanks for your reply,
    I thought the same but would have thought the jack would then display similar problems when playing through another 3.5mm plug..it also turns out that the phone speaker itself doesn't work either unless the speakerphone is on. I'm beginning to think that something else is going on!!
    I've no recollection of a bump, deep or crash of the severity that it would appear knock the whole audio aspect of an iPhone. I appreciate they are sensitive pieces of kit but this is a bit much..

• USB Audio Distortion After 10.4.6 Update

Have been using an Edirol UA-1D USB/Digital Audio interface with my Pismo for years. Optical connection for audio out to digital 8 track unit. Crystal clear signal. Painless operation. And NO drivers needed.
    Updated from 10.4.5 to .6, and instantly I'm hearing a considerable and disturbing amount of distortion in the audio. It's not volume dependent or overmodulation (comes through even at low input levels). And it comes through iTunes, Reason, LIVE, etc... where it didn't before.
    Since the Edirol unit uses built-in Core Audio, I'm baffled. I know Apple has been endlessly tweaking its OSX USB/Digital audio underpinnings, but I fear this latest tweak has knocked something out of alignment.
    Any suggestions?
    I zapped PRAM, "repaired" permissions, etc. No luck yet.
    Would appreciate any insight.
    Thanks in advance.
    B&W w/G4600 - Pismo   Mac OS X (10.4.6)  

I have been having similar problems with my (much less fancy) USB speakers, intermittently, since the 10.4.6 update (PowerBook). From another post I made elsewhere:
    I have Altec-Lansing XT1 USB speakers. They're connected to the PowerBook via a USB KVM, to an ADC, to the speakers.
    For the last week or so (it started soon after 10.4.6 upgrade), an odd temporary sound distortion has been occurring. As the original poster mentioned, it sounds for the life of me as if the speakers are blown.
    For anywhere from a few moments (several seconds) or longer, the sound output will become distorted in this way. Then, often of its own accord, things will go back to normal. If I want to get them back to normal more quickly, I can mute and unmute (I use a Logitech keyboard with a mute button, or sometimes I hit the Griffin Powermate which defaults to mute, and occasionally I even hit the sound control on the menu bar). When it's unmuted, it comes back undistorted.
    I almost always use the PowerBook closed and hooked up to an ACD. Lest you think this is particular to this set up: I have another identical ACD & speakers at the office (indeed, even the same keyboard), with the main difference being the lack of the USB KVM switch being left out. The problem happens there as well.
    I welcome any thoughts.
    Thanks,
    Doug

• USB audio distortion

I'm having a problem with running a soundcard through my USB port. Seemingly randomly the audio signal is becoming disorted when coming out of one port. Changing the port does fix the problem, but now i have 2 USB ports that are unusable for connecting to my USB sound card device, and i fear that eventually all of them will go wrong
    any ideas what this might be or how it can be fixed?
    running Mac OsX 10.6.8 and the audio device is Alesis M1Active 520USB

I welcome any thoughts.
    Thanks,
    Doug

• Audio error when using Narration in Premiere Elements 9

I am trying to help someone using Premiere Elements 9 (v. 9.0.1, up to date).  The details of the computer are:
    Dell N5010 laptop, 64 bit, Win 7 Home Premium SP 1, Intel i5 2.67 Ghz processor, 6 GB RAM.
    The user has created a video from both a Sony camcorder and jpgs from a DSLR.  No problems with the video.
    The problem is adding narration.  The audio input is from a USB headset/mic.  The Premier Narration window is used:
    Window/Narration/Record Voices.
    Every time the narration gets to approximately 6 minutes, an error occurs:
    \src\audiorender\audioprefetch.cpp-87 or
    \src\win\asiohost.cpp-903
    A search of this forum and a Google search has not identified anything that I can identify as relevant.
    Can anyone help?

twriterext
    It looks like Hunt answered the same type of question a while back but the user never followed up re: \src\win\asiohost.cpp-903
    http://forums.adobe.com/message/3308679
    I worked with another user elsewhere with the same error message, and that turned out to be related to updating the audio card driver.
    It is important to check out Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware ASIO settings and what is displayed for both Input and Output settings.
    But, what I would really like to see is the screenshot of that Timeline when the error hits at your narration @ around 6 minutes, especially whats on any video tracks, audio tracks, and Soundtrack. Is the stop at about 30 seconds after the last clip on the tracks?
    Looking forward to your follow up.
    Thanks.
    ATR

Maybe you are looking for

• Using External Boot Drive with New Intel Mac Mini

I have a 1st Gen MacMini and use an external 7200 RPM Lacie drive as the system boot drive along with all the applications. If I were to purchase a new Intel Mac Mini, is it possible to use the current external drive as the system drive or is there s

• Controlling Photo Quality in iPhoto Calendars and Books..

As is the case with many of the processes in iPhoto, I am unclear as to what is taking place when I place and order with Apple for a Photo Book or Calendar. I use an 8 MP Olympus DSLR and shoot at max resolution so my average image is 3200x2400 and #

• PowerPoint: Images not found after joining multiple PPTX to one

We are using a code block which worked fine in PowerPoint 2007 and 2010: public static PPT.Presentation AddPresentation(PPT.Application appl, bool withWindow) PPT.Presentation presentation = appl.Presentations.Add(ConversionUtils.BoolToTriState(withW

• Increase in attainable rates and sync speed

I've noticed that my line is now syncing at 79999 down and 20000up, lasst week, and for the past 6 months the attainable rate has been 60000 down and 15000 up, I'm still only getting 71000 down via the bt speedtest and 9000up, getting slightly better

• Root password expired - not your typical case

Hello everyone, I apologize for asking what is a very FAQ, but I am unable to find an appropriate answer anywhere on the interweb. The facts of my unfortunate situation are: 1. I am a newbie in the SA world. 2. I am even more of a newbie in the Solar