Vista 64-bit options on Thinkpad T500

I recently got a new T500 Thinpad and it's great, mostly. I have some issues with its wireless networking and questions about display properties, but I can mostly live with it.
Surprisingly, I even like Vista Ultimate (which I ordered to get the Win XP Recovery DVD option in the event I was unhappy with Vista).
Now I'm starting to look at other options, such as 64-bit Vista.
Here's my question. If you buy Vista Ultimate from MS, they give in the box both Vista 32-bit and Vista-64 bit.  Having bought Vista Ultimate 32-bit preloaded from Lenovo, do I have any options on acquiring Vista 64-bit?
I can obviously not buy it from MS as an upgrade, since it would mean I'd have to purchase the entire Vista Ultimate package again and that's in the region of $250.
I did look around on the Lenovo support site, but didn't find anything that seemed to addres this issue.
Message Edited by mpbrede on 01-25-2009 11:39 AM

Heck, Lenovo gave me a copy of Vista Business 64 when I got cranky that they had sold me RAM I couldn't use with the Vista Ultimate 32 that came on the machine.  YMMV.
You might simply be able to purchase their factory recovery media for VB64 directly from Lenovo.  I don't know what the licensing technicalities are - but I would try to hang my hat on "ultimate".
I have installed Vista Ultimate (the original factory install), Vista Business 64, and XP Pro on my T400 - all from Lenovo media - and there were no licensing issues.  Seems that if it is a Lenovo media set and it is going on a Lenovo machine of appropriate model number, it does it w/out requiring activation or a license key.  Again, YMMV.
So maybe just find a friend with a copy of the Lenovo VB64 media...
Z.
The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.  The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog
English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

Similar Messages

• Vista 64-bit drivers for T500 586D-136

Hi,
    I am looking for Vista 64-bit drivers for  the T500 586D-136 thinkpad. Especially for fingerprint I have not found any drivers on the Lenovo page.
    Do you have any idea where I shall start looking for them?
    Regards,
    luckger

luckger, welcome to the forum,
    you should find all you need on this site
    Hope this helps
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• 2nd Request - PCI Memory Controller for ThinkPad T500 2081-CTO OS Vista 64bit

Evidently the PCI Memory Controller driver is not installed on my ThinkPad T500 2081-CTO OS Vista 64bit and shows up as an error when running the Lenovo System Tool Box.
    Searching this forum I found one psot as follows BUT thisis for a T-200 laptop.
    Re: Driver for PCI Memory Controller
    Options 
    ‎02-25-2009 06:59 AM
    You need the driver for Intel Turbo Memory.  Only Windows Vista can use Turbo Memory, so we only have a Vista version for the driver:
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-67820
    Is this driver appropriate?
    Do I need the PCI Memory Controller driver .. and if so where do I find it for my laptop?
    Thanks.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

I would suggest that you forget about turbo memory. Intel quit talking about it and they have not released a driver since 2009. That is 2 years before service pack 1 was released. I ran tests and I was never able to measure any improvement with a card installed. As far as I am concerned, it is just something else to break and interfere with other components.,

• T500: Can you run Vista 64 bit on it?

I have an Intel Core2Duo 2.8GHz T9600 on my Thinkpad T500 and want to know if I can run Vista 64 bit. Has anyone tried it or know if it is even possible?
    Any feedback?
    Thanks for your help!
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Your system is more than enough for Vista 64 bit. My R61 is running Vista 64 bit, given that it only has a 1.66 ghz Core 2 Duo. 
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• Decktop 6.2, HotSync not see Bluetooth as Connection​s option, Vista 64-bit

I got a new Dell Studio XPS with Vista Home Premium 64-bit and discovered that I could not perform a USB sync with my Treo 755p (Verizon). Since bluetooth sync was recommended, I purchased an IOGear Bluetooth 2.0 USB Micro Adapter (GBU421) and allowed Windows to discover the device. When prompted by Windows to insert the disk to install the driver, I went to the IOGear website and downloaded the most recent software (WIDCOMM bluetooth software version 5.5.0.4400 released 03/11/09 for Windows XP & Vista, 32 & 64-bit). Prior to installing this software, I had done a "clean" uninstall of all Palm files as directed in these forums and did a restart of the computer. I installed the bluetooth software & configured it to be "discoverable" and did another restart. Finally, I downloaded Palm Desktop 6.2, installed it and restarted the computer again. However, HotSync Manager does not see Bluetooth as one of the Connection options. My Treo 755p does "see" the computer when configuring bluetooth. Is there any hope that I may be able to sync this computer with my 755p or am I forced to look for a different smartphone? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Post relates to: Treo 755p (Verizon)
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

bonz1973: It worked! I am so relieved & happy after so many hours of frustration. I want to thank you so much for your reference to messages #353 & #354 on "Vista 64 Hotsync solution found!" I want to share some of my experience that may help someone else. My comments are in [ ] and take off of those from edwardek.
    1. Installed Palm v4.2 [I found that I did not need to do this]
    2. Installed Palm v6.2
    3. Installed Palm Outlook 2007 [ didn't do this part either since I use Outlook 2003]
    4. Installed Bluetooth apps
    5. Inserted the ... dongle in the USB port #6
    [edwardek claims that he needed to use USB port #6 but my computer does not have a USB port #6. Instead it divides the many USB ports into Hubs. What' more important is that some software sets up the Bluetooth to transmit on a COM port. Mine was COM3. To see how your adapter software installed your Bluetooth devise, check the Device Manager in the Control Panel. It does list "Bluetooth Devices" where you can find the Device, right click, choose Properties, and see which USB port the Bluetooth adapter is in. However Device Manager also listed my Bluetooth under "Network adapters" and "Ports (COM & LPT)" which is important because I had to configure HotSync using Serical port COM3. I think it depends on the Bluetooth software you get.]
    6. In your PC tray (at the bottom of your PC display), Right Click Hotsync Manager and select "Settings" [Yes, you need to configure your computer's HotSync method.]
    7. Wait a long time (2 minutes) and the Hotsynch Manager window will be displayed. In that window click "Connection" and when the window opens click "USB" (a checkmark will then appear), then click COM (a checkmark will appear), under this you'll see a pick list drop-down menu showing all the ports. Select COM6.
    [I didn't have to wait at all for HotSync to display. Yes, check both USB and Serial connections and at this point a dialog box showed the Serial connection was COM3, matching what was in Device Manager. I suspect that some software actually creates a Bluetooth option that shows up in the Connections list like the instructions from PALM specify. My software didn't set up the Bluetooth device is this way and so I was totally frustrated by not finding Bluetooth on the Connections list.] 
    8. Next set up your Bluetooth application and make sure it is paired with your Treo (I'm assuming everyone knows how to do this but in essence you make sure the Bluetooth application sees your Treo (your name) and that your Treo sees your PC (the PC name). [Before this step you have to configure your Treo so Bluetooth is ON and VISIBLE and you can see your computer as a Device. I had a shortcut to my Bluetooth software in the PC Tray beside the HotSync icon. Once I had the Connections set for USB and Serial in step 7 and the Treo set up to be Visible, the computer saw my Treo using the name I had given the Treo.]
    9. From your Treo start the HotSynch, then on your Bluetooth application (Bluesoleil) right click on the Treo device and select connect. You should then see that the 2 devices are connected and the exchange begins. [Yes, start the HotSynch from your Treo.]
    It worked for me and hope this helps you sync your Treo and your Vista 64-bit. Thanks for everyone's input and help.

• Vista 64 Bit Client options?

We currently have remote users using 4.x VPN Client (IPSec) to a PIX 501 firewall in the office.
    However we have a new remote machine which ideally needs to connect, and this is a 64 bit Vista machine.
    From a bit of reading it seems that AnyConnect is the only thing which will install on Vista 64, but this doesn't support IPSec.
    SO - will the PIX allow connections from AnyConnect Client via SSL?

February 18, 2010
    Due to popular demand, the Cisco VPN Client v5.0.7 open beta is now available!
    In addition to serving as a general maintenance release, the Cisco VPN Client 5.0.7 beta is compatible with Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit environments. 
    A 64-bit specific compatible image is available for installation on these platforms.
    Please have communicate feedback (both positive and problems) to [email protected]
    Key Capabilities available for Beta Testing:
    New Platform support – Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit platform compatibility
    Software Access: http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=281940730 (under 5.BETA)
    Software is available for download by any customer with a Cisco.com SMARTnet™ enabled login.
    Release Notes will be available next week via a link once the download image is selected.
    There are currently no plans to support Windows XP 64 bit in the VPN client.

• Thinkpad t500 and wifi card realtek RTL8192SE[solved]

I Buy a Lenovo Thinkpad T500 and the wireless adapter does not work in linux.
    11b/g/n Wireless Lan Mini-PCI Express Adapter II.
    lspci say:
    03:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 8172 (rev 10)
    Subsystem: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device e020
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
    Region 0: I/O ports at 3000 [size=256]
    Region 1: Memory at f4200000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=375mA PME(D0+,D1+,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold-)
    Capabilities: [50] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
    Address: 0000000000000000 Data: 0000
    Capabilities: [70] Express (v1) Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
    DevCap: MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <512ns, L1 <64us
    ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset-
    DevCtl: Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
    RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
    MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 512 bytes
    DevSta: CorrErr+ UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr- TransPend-
    LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <512ns, L1 <64us
    ClockPM- Suprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
    LnkCtl: ASPM L0s L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- Retrain- CommClk+
    ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
    LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
    Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting <?>
    Capabilities: [140] Virtual Channel <?>
    Capabilities: [160] Device Serial Number 00-e0-4c-ff-fe-22-55-88
    lspci -n:
    03:00.0 0280: 10ec:8172 (rev 10)
    I need to buy another usb, pcmcia or mini pci-e wireless card.
    Can you recommend one that works well? Because I never work with wifi cards on linux.
    sorry my poor english
    EDIT 21/07/09: add more information (thinkwiki):
    http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkPad_ … Adapter_II
    EDIT 22/10/09:
    Finally came the expected driver, I think it's premature but it works perfectly.
    Here the driver (r8192se_pci):
    32bits: http://launchpadlibrarian.net/33927923/ … 009.tar.gz
    64bits: http://launchpadlibrarian.net/34090326/ … bit.tar.gz
    untar; make; make install; reboot and enjoy it
    I test it with:
    netcfg
    standar commands:
    ifconfig wlan0 up
    iwlist wlan0 scan
    iwconfig wlan0 essid MySsid
    wpa_supplicant -B -Dwext -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
    dhcpcd wlan0
    The first time I compile the module, function correctly, but after scan for available networks I haven't any results.
    Recompile and everything worked again
    [b]I edit the wiki, pleased read it and help me because my English is a bit basic.
    thanks
    Last edited by takedown (2009-10-23 00:55:44)

Please note that the T500 has different hardware configurations.
    Other options in wireless card (for the T500): intel 5100 - intel 5300.
    This models work fine under linux
    lspci -vv:
    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Memory Controller Hub (rev 07)
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20e0
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 0
    Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information <?>
    Kernel driver in use: agpgart-intel
    Kernel modules: intel-agp
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 2114
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 30
    Region 0: Memory at f4400000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
    Region 2: Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    Region 4: I/O ports at 1800 [size=8]
    Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
    Capabilities: [90] MSI: Mask- 64bit- Count=1/1 Enable+
    Address: fee0300c Data: 41c9
    Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 3
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
    00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 2114
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Region 0: Memory at f4200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
    Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 3
    00:03.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset MEI Controller (rev 07)
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20e6
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16
    Region 0: Memory at fc226800 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Capabilities: [8c] MSI: Mask- 64bit+ Count=1/1 Enable-
    Kernel driver in use: heci
    Kernel modules: heci
    00:03.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset PT IDER Controller (rev 07) (prog-if 85 [Master SecO PriO])
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20ea
    Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 18
    Region 0: I/O ports at 1828 [size=8]
    Region 1: I/O ports at 180c [size=4]
    Region 2: I/O ports at 1820 [size=8]
    Region 3: I/O ports at 1808 [size=4]
    Region 4: I/O ports at 1810 [size=16]
    Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Mask- 64bit+ Count=1/1 Enable-
    Kernel modules: ata_generic, pata_acpi, ide-pci-generic
    00:03.3 Serial controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset AMT SOL Redirection (rev 07) (prog-if 02 [16550])
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20ec
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 17
    Region 0: I/O ports at 1830 [size=8]
    Region 1: Memory at fc024000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Mask- 64bit+ Count=1/1 Enable-
    Kernel driver in use: serial
    00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20ee
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 29
    Region 0: Memory at fc000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
    Region 1: Memory at fc025000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Region 2: I/O ports at 1840 [size=32]
    Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 2
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Mask- 64bit+ Count=1/1 Enable+
    Address: 00000000fee0300c Data: 41c1
    Capabilities: [e0] PCIe advanced features <?>
    Kernel driver in use: e1000e
    Kernel modules: e1000e
    00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20f0
    Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 20
    Region 4: I/O ports at 1860 [size=32]
    Capabilities: [50] PCIe advanced features <?>
    Kernel driver in use: uhci_hcd
    Kernel modules: uhci-hcd
    00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 21
    Region 4: I/O ports at 1880 [size=32]
    00:1a.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 22
    Region 4: I/O ports at 18a0 [size=32]
    00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 03) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20f1
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 23
    Region 0: Memory at fc226c00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=375mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Capabilities: [58] Debug port: BAR=1 offset=00a0
    Capabilities: [98] PCIe advanced features <?>
    Kernel driver in use: ehci_hcd
    Kernel modules: ehci-hcd
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20f2
    Region 0: Memory at fc020000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=55mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Capabilities: [60] MSI: Mask- 64bit+ Count=1/1 Enable-
    Capabilities: [70] Express (v1) Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
    DevCap: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
    ExtTag- RBE- FLReset+
    RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
    MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
    DevSta: CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
    LnkCap: Port #0, Speed unknown, Width x0, ASPM unknown, Latency L0 <64ns, L1 <1us
    ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
    LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; Disabled- Retrain- CommClk-
    LnkSta: Speed unknown, Width x0, TrErr- Train- SlotClk- DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
    Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel <?>
    Capabilities: [130] Root Complex Link <?>
    Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
    Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel
    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=0
    Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
    BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- NoISA+ VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
    PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
    Capabilities: [40] Express (v1) Root Port (Slot+), MSI 00
    ExtTag- RBE+ FLReset-
    RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
    LnkCap: Port #1, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <1us, L1 <4us
    ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep+ BwNot-
    LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- Retrain- CommClk-
    LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x0, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
    SltCap: AttnBtn- PwrCtrl- MRL- AttnInd- PwrInd- HotPlug+ Surpise+
    Slot # 0, PowerLimit 6.500000; Interlock- NoCompl-
    SltCtl: Enable: AttnBtn- PwrFlt- MRL- PresDet- CmdCplt- HPIrq- LinkChg-
    Control: AttnInd Unknown, PwrInd Unknown, Power- Interlock-
    SltSta: Status: AttnBtn- PowerFlt- MRL- CmdCplt- PresDet- Interlock-
    Changed: MRL- PresDet- LinkState-
    RootCtl: ErrCorrectable- ErrNon-Fatal- ErrFatal- PMEIntEna- CRSVisible-
    RootCap: CRSVisible-
    RootSta: PME ReqID 0000, PMEStatus- PMEPending-
    Capabilities: [80] MSI: Mask- 64bit- Count=1/1 Enable+
    Address: fee0300c Data: 4169
    Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20f3
    Capabilities: [a0] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [180] Root Complex Link <?>
    Kernel driver in use: pcieport-driver
    Kernel modules: shpchp
    00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=03, subordinate=03, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: 00002000-00002fff
    Memory behind bridge: f4300000-f43fffff
    Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
    ExtTag- RBE+ FLReset-
    DevSta: CorrErr+ UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
    LnkCap: Port #2, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <256ns, L1 <4us
    LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive+ BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
    Slot # 1, PowerLimit 6.500000; Interlock- NoCompl-
    SltCtl: Enable: AttnBtn- PwrFlt- MRL- PresDet- CmdCplt- HPIrq- LinkChg-
    SltSta: Status: AttnBtn- PowerFlt- MRL- CmdCplt- PresDet+ Interlock-
    Changed: MRL- PresDet+ LinkState+
    Address: fee0300c Data: 4171
    00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 4 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=05, subordinate=0c, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: 00003000-00003fff
    Memory behind bridge: f8000000-f9ffffff
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000f4000000-00000000f40fffff
    Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
    ExtTag- RBE+ FLReset-
    LnkCap: Port #4, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <1us, L1 <4us
    LnkCtl: ASPM L0s L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- Retrain- CommClk-
    LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x0, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
    Slot # 3, PowerLimit 6.500000; Interlock- NoCompl-
    SltCtl: Enable: AttnBtn- PwrFlt- MRL- PresDet+ CmdCplt- HPIrq+ LinkChg-
    Address: fee0300c Data: 4179
    00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 5 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=0d, subordinate=14, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: 00004000-00004fff
    Memory behind bridge: fa000000-fbffffff
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000f4100000-00000000f41fffff
    ExtTag- RBE+ FLReset-
    LnkCap: Port #5, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <1us, L1 <4us
    LnkCtl: ASPM L0s L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- Retrain- CommClk-
    Slot # 4, PowerLimit 6.500000; Interlock- NoCompl-
    SltCtl: Enable: AttnBtn- PwrFlt- MRL- PresDet+ CmdCplt- HPIrq+ LinkChg-
    Address: fee0300c Data: 4181
    00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Region 4: I/O ports at 18c0 [size=32]
    00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Region 4: I/O ports at 18e0 [size=32]
    00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Region 4: I/O ports at 1c00 [size=32]
    00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 03) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20f1
    Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 19
    Region 0: Memory at fc227000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=375mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Capabilities: [58] Debug port: BAR=1 offset=00a0
    Capabilities: [98] PCIe advanced features <?>
    Kernel driver in use: ehci_hcd
    Kernel modules: ehci-hcd
    00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev 93) (prog-if 01 [Subtractive decode])
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=15, subordinate=18, sec-latency=32
    I/O behind bridge: 00005000-00008fff
    Memory behind bridge: f4800000-f7ffffff
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000f0000000-00000000f3ffffff
    Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
    Capabilities: [50] Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20f4
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation ICH9M-E LPC Interface Controller (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20f5
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information <?>
    Kernel modules: iTCO_wdt
    00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E SATA AHCI Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20f8
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 28
    Region 0: I/O ports at 1c48 [size=8]
    Region 1: I/O ports at 183c [size=4]
    Region 2: I/O ports at 1c40 [size=8]
    Region 3: I/O ports at 1838 [size=4]
    Region 4: I/O ports at 1c20 [size=32]
    Region 5: Memory at fc226000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
    Capabilities: [80] MSI: Mask- 64bit- Count=1/16 Enable+
    Address: fee0300c Data: 4199
    Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 3
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold-)
    Capabilities: [a8] SATA HBA <?>
    Capabilities: [b0] PCIe advanced features <?>
    Kernel driver in use: ahci
    Kernel modules: ahci
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20f9
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 23
    Region 0: Memory at fc227400 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
    Region 4: I/O ports at 1c60 [size=32]
    Kernel driver in use: i801_smbus
    Kernel modules: i2c-i801
    03:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 8172 (rev 10)
    Subsystem: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device e020
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
    Region 0: I/O ports at 2000 [size=256]
    Region 1: Memory at f4300000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=375mA PME(D0+,D1+,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold-)
    Capabilities: [50] MSI: Mask- 64bit+ Count=1/1 Enable-
    Capabilities: [70] Express (v1) Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
    DevCap: MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <512ns, L1 <64us
    ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset-
    RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
    MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 512 bytes
    DevSta: CorrErr+ UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq+ AuxPwr- TransPend-
    LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <512ns, L1 <64us
    ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
    LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
    Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
    UESta: DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
    UEMsk: DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
    UESvrt: DLP+ SDES+ TLP- FCP+ CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF+ MalfTLP+ ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
    CESta: RxErr+ BadTLP+ BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout+ NonFatalErr+
    CEMsk: RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr+
    AERCap: First Error Pointer: 00, GenCap+ CGenEn- ChkCap+ ChkEn-
    Capabilities: [140] Virtual Channel <?>
    Capabilities: [160] Device Serial Number 00-e0-4c-ff-fe-22-55-88
    15:00.0 CardBus bridge: Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II (rev ba)
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20c6
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 168, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
    Region 0: Memory at f4800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Bus: primary=15, secondary=16, subordinate=17, sec-latency=176
    Memory window 0: f0000000-f3fff000 (prefetchable)
    Memory window 1: 80000000-83fff000
    I/O window 0: 00005000-000050ff
    I/O window 1: 00005400-000054ff
    BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- ISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- 16bInt+ PostWrite+
    16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001
    Kernel driver in use: yenta_cardbus
    Kernel modules: yenta_socket
    15:00.1 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller (rev 04) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20c7
    Latency: 32 (500ns min, 1000ns max), Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
    Region 0: Memory at f4801000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
    Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1+,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Kernel driver in use: ohci1394
    Kernel modules: ohci1394
    15:00.2 SD Host controller: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter (rev 21)
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20c8
    Latency: 32, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
    Region 0: Memory at f4801800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
    Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2
    Kernel driver in use: sdhci-pci
    Kernel modules: sdhci-pci
    15:00.3 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller (rev ff) (prog-if ff)
    !!! Unknown header type 7f
    Kernel driver in use: ricoh-mmc
    Kernel modules: ricoh_mmc
    15:00.4 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter (rev 11)
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20ca
    Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 11
    Region 0: Memory at f4802000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
    15:00.5 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller (rev 11)
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20cb
    Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 11
    Region 0: Memory at f4802400 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]

• Vista 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit. How?

Hi
    I have a Thinkpad T500 running a Vista 32 bit system. I have 154 days warranty remaining. I missed the free upgrade to Windows 7 by 3 days, if only I had known. I want to upgrade my system to windows 7 64 bit with out voiding my warranty and without losing my preloaded system software. Is this possible and what steps do I need to follow?

A upgrade from 32 to 64 bit is not supported and will not work. You have to make a new installation so you have to reinstall the preloaded software, applications, drivers etc after the installation of Windows. So basically you cannot install a x64 version of Windows on top of your current 32 bit Windows as a upgrade, it will be a new windows installation.
    It won't affect your warranty since you are allowed to install whatver OS you want without breaking any warranty.
    If you decide to install Windows 7 x64 you can use system update after the windows installation that will automatically download and install the drivers and software you want from Lenovo and will save you a lot of time compared to doing this manually. Sometimes system update don't download some drivers/lenovo software, but most should be installed fine using system update. Then you might have to get a few of them manually.
    -gan

• Lenovo G405 Incompatibility with Windows Vista-32 bit

Hello I'm new here so I wasn't so sure if this is properly posted here but thanks.
    I bought a Lenovo G405 laptop that came with dos 6.22 or 6.2.2 or something. Then I performed a clean installation of Windows Vista 32-bit. The problem is that, I can't find any drivers for lenovo g405 that is compatible with windows vista .. Even the AMD Auto diagnostic tool refuses to install the detected driver since it was Hardware/Software Incompatible. Any suggestions? or Links for Win Vista Drivers for Lenovo g405. Thanks!

If your model is lacking the correct Vista drivers from Lenovo and Vista doesn't offer native support then I see upgrading to Windows 7 as your only option.  Here is a link to what Lenovo drivers are available.......
    http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?&DocID=DS035825
    Owner & Operator of the following:
    ● Lenovo Ideapad Z570 w/ Win 7 & Win 8.1 Dual Boot ● Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro w/ Windows 8.1 ● Toshiba A75-S206 w/ Win 7
    ● IBM Thinkpad T-23 w/ Win XP ● IBM Thinkpad T-22 w/ Win XP • As well as multiple desktops dual/triple booting XP, Vista and Win 7.
    ★ Find a post helpful? Thank that member by clicking on the ☆Star☆ to the left awarding them a Kudo.
    ★ Posting a problem and a reply is helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
    ★ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks. Enjoy your time here, pay it forward by helping others !
    ★ Sorry, I don't answer questions via Private Messages. Posting in the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

• Thinkpad T500 Ultrabay DVD/CD-RW Drive got disabled shortly after bios screen starts

My Ultrabay DVD/CD-RW got powered off shortly after the bios message appears on the screen. My Thinkpad is out of warranty for 3 months. I can open the drive in the first 5 seconds after starting the Thinkpad. 1-2 seconds laster it is powered off by thinkpad (as far as I can see).
    I've checked google and this forum. I've found nothing related. Some people have written, that there is a bios option to enable the ultrabay and they described the same behaviour, but I've checked all the bios options and there is nothing about ultrabay.
    This post is very similiar, but I don't have such an option on my T500:
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/292026-14-writer-lenovo-thinkpad-t410-working
    I've bought a new dvd drive, but this shows the same behaviour. It looks like something disables the s-ata port shortly after the bios screen appears.
    Bios Version 3.22
    Embedded Controller Version 1.06
    I've tried to reset the bios to setup defaults, but this didn't change anything.
    This is not OS related. The drive doesn't appear in bios boot (F12), Linux, Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Actually I just found it it is under security for some crazy reason.There is 18 hrs i'll never get back.

• VPN Client and Vista 64-bit

We have several laptops that we need to install Vista on. We would prefer 64-bit so that we can really make use of the extra RAM these laptops have, however there is one program we require holding us back to 32-bit at the moment. Its the Cisco VPN Client. We have PIX 500 series hardware so we don't have any other VPN option right now.
    All I would need to know is that Cisco does indeed plan to release a Vista 64-bit compatible of the software sometime soon (say in the next quarter).
    Does anyone know if this is planned or not? Or is there some technological barrier keeping them from doing it?

February 18, 2010
    Due to popular demand, the Cisco VPN Client v5.0.7 open beta is now available!
    In addition to serving as a general maintenance release, the Cisco VPN Client 5.0.7 beta is compatible with Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit environments. 
    A 64-bit specific compatible image is available for installation on these platforms.
    Please have communicate feedback (both positive and problems) to [email protected]
    Key Capabilities available for Beta Testing:
    New Platform support – Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit platform compatibility
    Software Access: http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=281940730 (under 5.BETA)
    Software is available for download by any customer with a Cisco.com SMARTnet™ enabled login.
    Release Notes will be available next week via a link once the download image is selected.

• Vista 64-bit + Firefox + (Netflix-required) Silverlight installation = I am now out of aspirin.

I like Firefox, and hardly ever open IE unless forced to anymore, so this was an atypical experience.
    '''I've found a 'for now' workaround for this which I've included. What I'm looking for is a solution that feels less likely to go up in smoke due to some future, required update.'''
    '''Situation:'''
    I recently subscribed to Netflix. Netflix very specifically required Microsoft Silverlight before it would stream content to my PC.
    '''Problem: '''
    Silverlight updating via Firefox results in me not having Silverlight at all after clicking the Update button, etc., and running the Silverlight installer. Said installer tells me (in complete defiance of their listed System Requirements, all of which I meet) that Silverlight 5 is not compatible with my 64-bit OS. In this case that's Vista, although the message didn't specify. And it tells me this -after- it's done deleting the older version of Silverlight that I had, leaving me with no Silverlight at all. Not classy.
    I found that much out pre-Netflix, the hard way, which was why I had no Silverlight installed when I subscribed and -then- found out I'd need it. I'd set up a restore point before updating Silverlight, but made the mistake of taking the 'not compatible' message at face value and didn't restore afterward. And yes, the same installer behavior happened when I tried again to reinstall Silverlight so I could use Netflix's stream-to-PC option.
    '''Detailed info and a workaround which (for now?) works:'''
    So at that point I bit the bullet and went to the Microsoft Silverlight update page in Internet Explorer. I got a message that Silverlight is not compatible with my OS there too, when I was at the download page (again, in spite of their system requirements page saying otherwise, and if there's an "unless it's 64-bit Vista" footnote I sure didn't find it), -but- the Silverlight updater downloaded via Internet Explorer, unlike the one downloaded through Firefox, resulted in me being able to install Silverlight anyway... but a 'stealth' older version installation, see below.
    I could then watch Silverlight-required material -in Firefox- just fine once the IE-acquired version of Silverlight was installed -- as long as I never update Silverlight, or more to the point, as long as I never -have to- update Silverlight. This is not an optimal position to be in with software these days. Also, Firefox plugin update checks now show me as -still- having an outdated version, which I confirmed is the case. And if I opt to update it, see above regarding the installer deleting Silverlight and then giving me the finger and leaving me Silverlight-less.
    Note: I couldn't -find- an option on Microsoft's site to get an older version via Firefox, I looked, and the downloaded-via-Firefox version of the Silverlight installer was no help at all. Meanwhile, the IE-acquired version installs an older version of Silverlight automatically without -telling me- it's an older version.... While I'm glad that it works, it makes it LOOK like IE is doing what Firefox couldn't, getting version 5 of Silverlight on Vista 64-bit, when it isn't.
    Version note: According to the "Installed Version" checker on Microsoft's Silverlight update page AFTER updating via IE, and also to Firefox's Manage Add-Ons option, Silverlight 4 (4.0.60831.0) is what I end up with via the IE-downloaded installer; the current Silverlight version is 5-something. But the only reason I know this is because I went back to the update page and looked at the "version you have" entry again.
    I'm happy to have any version that -works-, but concerned about what will happen when either a Windows update, a Firefox update, or something on the Netflix end, causes the yellow 'out of date' button beside Silverlight in the plugin update checker list to turn to gray and 'disabled' and stay that way.
    I do realize that this issue is probably largely the result of Microsoft being, well, Microsoft -- Silverlight is required for Netflix streaming to PC, and there are issues getting Silverlight installed via a non-IE browser? Oh yeah, that doesn't make me suspicious AT ALL. Hah. But I am hoping that on the Firefox end, someone's accounting for the existence of this Silverlight-related snafu, because if I hadn't been stubborn enough to go back and try Netflix in Firefox again after all this, I still wouldn't realize I didn't HAVE to use Internet Explorer to watch Netflix content on my PC.
    And if there's anything that can be done about the way things (refuse to) go when installing/updating Silverlight via Firefox, a Google search suggests I am not the only one who's had this problem or one similar to it.
    ''edit: typo squishing.''

Will this solution work for the Palm Treo 755p?
    Post relates to: Treo 755p (Sprint)

• Can someone help me find a workaround to get flash to work in XP Pro 64 bit, like there is a workaround for vista 64 bit?

Can someone help me find a workaround to get flash to work in XP Pro 64 bit, like there is a workaround for vista 64 bit?
    I am trying to get rid of all my 32 bit apps because the more of them you run in 64 bit the less resources are available.
    Firefox has a 64 bit browser they call the Shiretoko build. I love it, it's twice as fast as a heavily tweaked 32 bit firefox. Java has a 64 bit plugin that works with it.
    The last holdout is Adobe.
    Microsoft is making Vista and Win 7 64 bit as easy and smooth as the 32 bit versions as a means to get people to start using them.
    Linux has a way to make flash work with 64 bit.
    Remember when we all had a 16 bit operating system and how much better things got with 32 bit?
    Adobe, it's time!.. don't you see that?
    Can someone help me solve my problem? Please?

lostchild wrote:
    sorry but that doesnt help my options the guy i called said they discontinued the audigy 4 and 2. I dont know why he would say that but he said his supplier cant get them. Are they really discontinued? Also, isnt the audigy 2 zs or whatever its called for notebooks? i cant use an external one. Well not that i cant, i dont want to. I just want a good sound card mounted into my computer...
    Thanx in advance.
    no the audigy 2 zs is pci based. they have another called audigy 2 zs notebook and that's the one for laptop. if you can't find it from your vendor, you can always try getting it from someone else.

• Installing iTunes on Vista 64-bit

*Looking for 64-bit support from Apple*
    I'm running the 64-bit version of Windows and was disappointed to find out that Apple does not support it (see http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301301 ). I tried to install iTunes anyway and the installation failed. This forum didn't provide any initial solutions that I could find so now that I've figured it out I thought I would post a solution for those that come looking.
    *How do I know if I have the 64-bit version of Vista?*
    Press the windows key and the Pause/Break key at the same time (the pause/break key is normally in the upper right corner of the keyboard). On the window that appears look for the label "System Type." next to it you will see text indicating whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Vista.
    *What Will happen if I try to install Vista?*
    You experience may varry, but when I tried the installation ran for a while and ended with a message saying Quicktime could not be installed. I checked the Programs menu and iTunes was not listed after this failure.
    *How do I successfully install iTunes on a 64-bit edition of Vista?*
    When you download iTunes select the option to save the installation instead of running it immediatly. After the download completes right-click on the installation and select properties. Under the "Compatibility" tab check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for." Ensure that "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" is selected. Also check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator." Click on okay and the install iTunes.
    *Will this also work for XP 64-bit edition?*
    I don't know.
    *I've successfully installed iTunes on my 64-bit machine. Can I use it to activate my iPhone?*
    No.
    If you try to activate your iPhone you will receive a message saying "Please connect iPhone to a computer running a 32-bit version of Windows XP (SP2) or Windows Vista."
    *What happens if I set iTunes to run in Compatibility mode*
    iTunes will detect that it is running in a compatibility mode and suggest that you turn the mode off and restart iTunes. Since it recognizes that it is running on a 64-bit machine it will still refuse to activate an iPhone. Bummer.
    *If I activate my iPhone on another machine then can i transfer content to it on Vista 64-bit edition?*
    Nope. iTunes will instruct you to connect the phone to a 32-bit machine.

Yes the forum has been misbehaving recently hence my double post. Ther should be an edit button, but it is only present for a few minute.
    The error you are getting has certainly been associated with a failure of Windows updates, but I don't know if the one you mention is an issue.
    The microsoft link to the update problem is;
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/ca7d15d7-8ee3-4993-bd01-753d adc904121033.mspx
    That's about as far as I can go with this I am afraid.

• TIP for Bluetooth, Vista 64-bit, and PalmZire72

I'm indebted to all the folks who have added so much to the discussion and hopeful solutions to the VISTA 64-bit problem for those of us who desperately want to keep using our dependable PALM devices. (Too bad that Palm as a company is not so dependable!) 
    I got a Palm Zire 72 back in 2004 and it has become a vital part of doing business and living life since that time.
    I've always synced to Outlook2003 for my Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, & Notes.
    When I bought a new laptop with VISTA 64-bit, I had forgotten my previous determination to NOT go with 64-bit. However, the price was too good on a last display model HP and I grabbed it, 64-bit VISTA notwithstanding. 
    Then I did research here on this forum and I knew I needed a bluetooth adapter that had at least SOME success with VISTA 64, but I didn't read far enough to steer me to the Iogear adapters that seem favored here.
    I bought an off brand AZIO from NewEgg after reading of others having some success with this adapter.
    I hope my observations can help others, either with these or other brands that may have the same problems.
    I already had my MSOffice installed on the HP, and had backed up my full Personal Folders from the old Compaq and then pointed the new installation to a copy of the PST file, which brought over everything including emails to the new PC.
    This was probably not the best way to go because I got myself into a pickle because I used the new PC for downloading emails, but I could not sync to this PC with my Palm
    I also downloaded the latest PalmDesktop, version 6.2 by Access and installed it to the PC, telling it that I wanted to sync to Outlook for my Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Memos, and some other things I'm unsure of now.
    Anyway, once I got the AZIO adapter, I installed it to the PC and tried to address the various issues before trying to sync.
    I made sure the name on my PalmZire72 matched the name PalmDesktop used for me.
    I checked my Device Manager and it listed my Bluetooth Device (with about 5 line items showing as various Toshiba Bluetooth devices, since the AZIO uses the Toshiba Bluetooth stack for its drivers. There was also a bluetooth radio listed there.)
    I tried to setup my devices with the Palm device, turning on Bluetooth, making it discoverable, but I got no Bluetooth option listed when I looked at the possible HotSync methods. I could only choose USB or Network or Serial, but no Bluetooth option.
    I selected Serial and tried to use a Port that I could see in Device Manager on the PC under Ports. I tried using all the ports showing as connected to the Toshiba device but none of them allowed a HotSync to work.
    I created a port using the Bluetooth Local COM program listed at the bottom of my programs within the Control Panel on the PC. I pointed the Palm Serial Sync to that port but still no luck.
    The weird thing was that I KNEW my PC and PALM were talking because they each would discover the other and know the correct name I had given the other device. I knew the Bluetooth device was connecting somehow, but every time I ran the Setup Devices on the PALM bluetooth setup, it would end with the "port being used by other application" message.
    I ALSO noted that even though Device Manager knew I had the bluetooth device installed, I NEVER found any such devices listed in the Bluetooth Devices program that I could pull up from either the tray icon or from Control Panel. It would always be empty and I couldn't get it to discover any device on my computer.
    I tried various uninstall/reinstalls of both the PalmDesktop and the USB Bluetooth adapter, but nothing changed anything. Each time I could verify that the Palm and the PC would identify the other one by correct name I would assign, but I could never get a device listed in the critical Bluetooth Devices program and HotSync would fail.
    FINALLY, after giving up and buying a new Iogear GBU421 WM adapter tonight when I found one at WalMart, I came home and began the battle again.
    But I couldn't quite give up on this AZIO without ONE more try at it. I had read about installing Generic drivers in place of the ones given with a device, and I don't even think these were in the same setup as mine, but I wanted to give it a shot. These were on the "Vista 64 Hotsync solution found" thread that has so much info on it. I posted a new thread simply because I hope this specific piece to the puzzle may be found a bit quicker in its own thread.
    I went to Device Manager, looked at the various drivers, wondered which one to change first, and decided to change the Bluetooth radio driver first. I don't know why. Lucky guess? :-)
    It seems to me it may not have had a Toshiba designation as did the other various ones listed there.
    Then I also changed the Toshiba RFCOMM listed, and pointed it to something different. It was guesswork at best, but I was searching for generic drivers.
    After this, the other Toshiba Bluetooth devices mostly disappeared from the Device Manager list of Bluetooth devices. It now also divided them into TWO categories, Bluetooth   and   Bluetooth Radios.
    Bluetooth only shows a Bluetooth RFCOMM.
    Bluetooth Radios shows a Generic Bluetooth Radio   and a  Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator. 
    None of these shows a red X or other problem mark.
    In my Systray, however, I show a normal blue/white icon for Bluetooth Devices and a blue/red icon for Bluetooth Manager.
    The Devices window will show my Palm Zire listed with my assigned name.
    The Bluetooth Manager window, identified as Bluetooth Settings, shows nothing. No connections are listed and if I click on New Connection, I'm told that "Bluetooth is not ready." 
    Nonetheless, I am Hotsyncing successfully!!!
    The first try, (after going to generic drivers and thus actually being able to "Pair Devices" via the Bluetooth Devices window) seemed so slow that I may have given up prematurely. 
    I finally hit "Cancel" on the Palm device, which seemed to hang forever and not be able to get out of that loop, so I forced a shut down via the power off button.
    Then I also had to to a Ctrl-Alt-Delete to force the HotSync to shut down on the PC as well.
    I did a soft reset of the PalmZire and I restarted the PC after that. The next time I tried to HotSync, it didn't hang on Step 1 (of 12) even though it WAS VERY SLOW. I have a LOT of appointment info etc that I save and there was a lot to have sync for the first time on this PC.
    I got a message that this device (the Palm) had synced before on another PC, and did I want to allow this to proceed since it might create lots of duplicates. I chose to let it go ahead. It did create a fair number of duplicate appointments, but mainly on in the repeating appointments type. I just went through these in Outlook and deleted one of each duplicate, deleting the whole series when I did. The next HotSync went very fast, and cleaned all these duplicates up on the Palm as well.
    I have not restarted again yet, and I am not sure all is going to remain in place, but I know now that I can probably make it work out. The lack of anything listed in the Bluetooth Settings window on my PC does concern me, but I'm hopeful it won't be an issue. I don't expect to use Bluetooth for anything else, at least for now.
    After all the hours I have fussed and read and griped, I am hopeful I have it worked out. I strongly suggest reading the thread mentioned above about HotSync solution found, but in addition to the other factors you have to address, remember to try changing drivers if your bluetooth doesn't work right away. (If it does, consider yourself HIGHLY BLESSED!)
    Well, I gotta quit this short novella and go to bed, but I hope this helps someone else manage to set up bluetooth on a 64-bit VISTA system.
    How in the world does anything as helpful as a PALM go out of business? It must have taken a lot of concerted effort by management to destroy the future of such a helpful piece of hardware!
    Hang in there, Zire; I need you to keep working till a suitable alternative comes along. I doubt it'll be a Crackberry!
    Dale
    Post relates to: Zire 72

Further notes: When I allowed my PC to come back up from a Hibernate state, there was an error message waiting for me that said something like Port 5 is busy; Will wait till port is open" or something like that.
    However, the Port I had been using (that I created for HotSyncing) was Port 8, which had worked. I don't know why this happens, but it seems to repeat itself if I do not do a clean boot.
    As long as I restart the PC or boot from a shut-down state, my adapter seems fine and Port 8 is available and does work for the HotSync.
    It was VERY slow on the first HotSync that had to run MANY procedures and lots of calendar stuff, but now the HotSyncs are SO FAST. Much faster than they were with the USB and Windows XP.
    I have now turned my Firewall ON and it does NOT affect the HotSync. (I DID go into the Firewall setup and added Bluetooth Settings, HotSync Manager, and Palm Desktop to the exceptions list to ALLOW these through the Firewall.)
    My antivirus program also does not seem to cause any problems for the HotSync, even though it does have to interject itself each time the Outlook data gets accessed. It just verifies that there is no virus activity going on, so it makes a momentary pause as Outlook info is updated.
    I also have found that the HotSync runs fine whether Outlook is already open or not.
    So far, I'm quite happy things are smoothing out!! Let's hope it continues.

Maybe you are looking for

• Using Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended with MacBook Pro Retina

I intend to buy the new MacBook Pro with retina display. Does anyone know if I will be able to use Photoshop CS5 Extended with it? I could upgrade to CS6 but it seems an unnecessary cost given that I am still quite happy with CS5.

• Which is better, Kindle Plugin or Calibre?

I am wanting to create a kindle friendly file of the book I am working on. I know that Amazon released a Kindle Plugin for ID but I have read that there are various issues that it has because it is free and a beta version. Anyway, for those of you wh

• Multiple CD album order is now mixed up

After upgrading to iTunes 9, multiple CD albums that I have ripped into my library are now in the wrong order. They used to be order 1,2,...10 for disc one then 1,2,...10 for disc two. Now the tracks are intermixed: 1,1,2,2,...10,10. I suppose that I

• Report in MM ( pr, po, gr, iv)

Dear all, I want to make a report which should have the following information for one comlete month. the number of PR released during a particular month. the date on which the PO was released. the date on which all the materials or the last receipt w

• Additional fields in header of me21n

which badi to use to add a tab and additional fields in header of me21n.