VT with Satellite P300 and Intel Core 2 Duo T5750

Hello there,
i recently bought a new Satellite P300 Notebook to be able to work with virtualisation technics. Unfortuanately, there is no "VT"-mark in the bios. Is there any possibility to activate the "VT"-Technology? I know that there are many posts about this topic, but they aren't very helpfull, because i already looked up my processor and intel says that it is "VT" capable...
Thanks a lot for your answers :-)

I started working as a Computer Technician about 4 weeks ago and this notebook was the cheapest way to try different systems (because it's quick enough!). The company i work for has many different clients who have very many different systems (also 64bit systems) so i wanted to use virtual machines to evaluate different problems... And without VT enabled a can't evaluate a 64bit virtual machine... So, if you are right (what i do think) then i've got a good notebook which is only good for "normal" business or homeuse... But thank you very much for your answer!

Similar Messages

• I have a Mac running OS X 10.4.11 with a 1.83 intel core duo   what is the highest operating system upgrade that I can get?

I have a Mac running OS X 10.4.11 with a 1.83 intel core duo   what is the highest operating system upgrade that I can get?

You can check to see if yours meets the system requirements for Snow Leopard - that would be the highest; Lion will not run on your machine.
    Please note that the minimum 1 GB RAM is a minimum - 2 GB would be better.
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A
    You can buy it at the Apple Store, other online resellers, or ebay (but be careful there to only bid on a new retail shrinkwrapped package to you don't get suckered into a used install disk which won't work on other machines).

• Macbook Pro with 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo Windows install advice

I find myself after 20 years using mac's needing to run a windows program. I have Macbook pro 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo and was wondering if anyone can tell me if parallels or fusion works better on this machiene. Also i see some folks here feel Windows 7 is  the way to go. Any advice would be appreciated.
    tks  in advance for any advice
    -R-

A lot of the answer really depends upon you and your usage.
    VMWare Fusion, and Parallels Desktop both work well, nad each ahs its strengths and weaknesses.  I have used Fusion v3, 4, & 5, as well as Parlallels v 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8.  I got my first copy of Parallels when I got my first MacBook Pro as a bundle deal along with a Windows XP Pro license.  For my usage, I find that Parallels seems to be more "efficient" (it runs a little faster) but Fusion seems to be a bit more stable, and supports a slightly broader collection of hardware peripherals.  Luckily for you, both packages offer a free trial before you buy the software, so you can test them both to see which works best for you.  You could also consider using VirtualBox (a free tool much like Fusion or Parallels), or even Boot Camp if you need the "raw power" of running the system in native mode with no emulation overhead.
    As for What version of Windows you run, it would really depend upon what licenses you have, and what your Windows software requires.  some Windows software still requires Windows XP, some requires Windows 7 or later.  Since you didn't mention your Windows app, I can't say for it.
    In the end, it depends upon you, what you want, what you need, and what you are willing to pay for. 

• How can I access iCloud with my Macbook Pro with 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo?

I would like to know how to use iCloud on my MacBook Pro as I have other Apple products that are newer than this laptop and I would like to synch with the iCloud between all products.  I can synch with the iCloud with my iphone 5 and my iMac.

You must be able to upgrade it to 10.7.2 or later for iCloud:
    Upgrade Paths to Snow Leopard, Lion, and/or Mountain Lion
    You can upgrade to Mountain Lion from Lion or directly from Snow Leopard. Mountain Lion can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for $19.99. To access the App Store you must have Snow Leopard 10.6.6 or later installed.
    Upgrading to Snow Leopard
    You must purchase Snow Leopard through the Apple Store: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.). The price is $19.99 plus tax. You will be sent physical media by mail after placing your order.
    After you install Snow Leopard you will have to download and install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 to update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8 and give you access to the App Store. Access to the App Store enables you to download Mountain Lion if your computer meets the requirements.
         Snow Leopard General Requirements
           1. Mac computer with an Intel processor
           2. 1GB of memory
           3. 5GB of available disk space
           4. DVD drive for installation
           5. Some features require a compatible Internet service provider;
               fees may apply.
           6. Some features require Apple’s iCloud services; fees and
               terms apply.
    Upgrading to Lion
    If your computer does not meet the requirements to install Mountain Lion, it may still meet the requirements to install Lion.
    You can purchase Lion by contacting Customer Service: Contacting Apple for support and service - this includes international calling numbers. The cost is $19.99 (as it was before) plus tax.  It's a download. You will get an email containing a redemption code that you then use at the Mac App Store to download Lion. Save a copy of that installer to your Downloads folder because the installer deletes itself at the end of the installation.
         Lion System Requirements
           1. Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7,
               or Xeon processor
           2. 2GB of memory
           3. OS X v10.6.6 or later (v10.6.8 recommended)
           4. 7GB of available space
           5. Some features require an Apple ID; terms apply.
    Upgrading to Mountain Lion
    To upgrade to Mountain Lion you must have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or Lion installed. Purchase and download Mountain Lion from the App Store. Sign in using your Apple ID. Mountain Lion is $19.99 plus tax. The file is quite large, over 4 GBs, so allow some time to download. It would be preferable to use Ethernet because it is nearly four times faster than wireless.
         OS X Mountain Lion - System Requirements
           Macs that can be upgraded to OS X Mountain Lion
             1. iMac (Mid 2007 or newer) - Model Identifier 7,1 or later
             2. MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer) - Model Identifier 5,1 or later
             3. MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later
             4. MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer) - Model Identifier 2,1 or later
             5. Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later
             6. Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later
             7. Xserve (Early 2009) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later
    To find the model identifier open System Profiler in the Utilities folder. It's displayed in the panel on the right.
         Are my applications compatible?
             See App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps.
         For a complete How-To introduction from Apple see Upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion.

• Differences between intel core 2 duo and intel core duo?

Just curious, I know it may be a bit obvious, but im looking for those specific details. Thanks in advance.
    Soon to be a MacBook Pro   Mac OS X (10.4.7)   Currently using a Dell - piece.of.crap

Check out these links.
    Core Duo : http://www.intel.com/products/processor/coreduo/index.htm
    Core 2 Duo : http://www.intel.com/products/processor/core2duo/index.htm

• Final Cut Pro HD 4.5 and Intel Core Duo

Hey there!
    Not sure where else to post this, so here goes.....
    I'm a total "newbie" and don't know SQUAT about anything but I'm trying to understand "video editing".
    A copy of "Final Cut Pro HD" that is supposed to be "4.5" has come my way. Will this work on my iMac? Can I load it in without any problems? Should I even bother?
    ANY and all info would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Thank You!

The first version of FCP that was compatible with Intel processor Macs was version 5.1. The current version available is 6.0 (part of FCS 2).
    FCP 5.0 and older (including version 4.5) was written for PPC processor Macs and are not compatible with the Intel processors in your iMac. If you can get it to install, it won't run properly.
    -DH

• Traveling with the 24" iMac Intel Core duo

I'm going to a convention for week and have promised to report in on my experiences. All I have is this iMac and the hotel does not offer computer rentals in their "business center" although they have free wifi. I'm thinking that I'll take the iMac with me. I'm driving and I still have the original box (which is about the size of a small suitcase). What do you think? What are the pitfalls?

The box is fairly visible as to what is inside it.
    Better is an http://www.ilugger.com/ case.
    The only time I'd use the box is if I was bringing it in for service, as it makes it easier for them to ship it. One word of caution, there have been cases where people have been attacked at malls for carrying computers. Keep your eyes peeled for any strange people following you.
    Also the luggage likely won't fit under your seat or overhead, and it risks getting lost as lost luggage in flight. So backup your data*:
    http://www.macmaps.com/backup.html
    - * Links to my pages may give me compensation.

• ARD Admin and Intel Core Duo MacBook

I just received my new Macbook and used the Migration to transfer everything from my old 14" iBook. When finished, everything so far appears to be working fine except my ARD Admin. When first launching the app, I had to reenter the serial number. Now I get a message each time I launch the app stating that "The Remote Desktop Administrator software is out-of-date." I am instructed to go to software update and check for new software. That process results in word that my software IS up to date. I have tried doing a reinstall of the ARD software, with no help. What all do I need to remove in order to remove all the old software to do a new install? My boss is using the same software version on his MacBook Pro without problems. We are running ARD Version 2.2.
    Also, I have some saved tasks on my laptop ARD that I would like to set up on my desktop G4. Is there an easy way to complete this process?
    Thanks

I know that ARD likes the client to be as new as the Administrator software. I wonder if it doesn't like that your administrator is 2.2 and your client is more than likely 3.0 or higher being a new machine?
    Is the client enabled on your laptop? If it is, try turning it off, then restart and start the admin software.

• Printing with HP 4MV from intel core duo iMac with OS X 10.5

I have just bought the new iMac with the latest update of OS X 10.5 and am in the process of setting everything up. I have an old but good HP LaserJet 4MV which has been a very good A3 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution printer which to replace like for like would be fairly expensive. The printer is currently linked via an ethernet cable to a router and the router to my old Power PC G4 running Tiger 10.4.11. Is it possible to connect this printer to my new iMac without too much hassle, using my ethernet router?

The driver is included in OS X. It is very easy to Add the printer in Print & Fax prefs, using the IP printer > HP Jetdirect protocol.
    (Should be nearly identical to how you did that in Tiger 10.4.)

• Scanner and intel core duo

Does anyone know if Minolta Dimage Scan Multi pro (firewire) will work on iMac intel? Minolta has recently given up his photography business and don't know if I can expect some software upgrade.

I don't like to push any brand of drivers that cost additional money.
    Since the introduction of OS X, virtually all the scanners for OS 9 were left out in the cold.
    I came across this option when I migrated to OS X and it works. I looked and it appears your unit is also supported.
    There are ways to get around having to buy the full version(s).
    I recently purchased the Professional version as it suits my home office requirements.
    They are constantly updating the drivers.
    VueScan
    http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html
    iMac iNtel 20" & PB 1.6 15" both w/ 1.5 GB Ram(G4 Dual 450 RIP)   Mac OS X (10.4.5)  

• Is installation on 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo (MacBook Pro)really not possible and why?

I would like to buy OS X Lion and install it on my MacBook Pro with 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo, but this processor is not in the list of the specifications (Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 or Xeon processor).
    Is it really true that I can't install Lion on my Mac? If so, what is the reason?

It has to be a Core 2 Duo. Those are the requirements for Lion.
    Requires a newer Mac.
    Lion requires an Intel-based Mac with a Core 2 Duo, i3, i5, i7 or Xeon processor and 2GB of RAM.

• GarageBand on Intel Core Duo

Has anyone made a considerable test with GarageBand on an Intel Core Duo Mac. I would like to know if Garageband is really well optimized for that chip. I know that this is not the case for every iLife '06 parts.
    Thank you for any information

I have had my Intel iMac 2ghz chip and 2 gig ram about three weeks now. The sound is incrediblly quiet, no pops and clicks so far. I am using both real and software instruments and have been very impressed with the Intel iMac so far.
    Even with my Behringer V-Amp Pro hooked up to a Presonus Firepod which is hooked to the iMac the sound quality is amazingly clean.
    Previously I was using Cubase on a dell pc and the background noise of the pc combined with the limitations of 512k of ram made music making unbearable. Lots of noise-pops, crackles and missed notes.
    After looking at stand alone DAW such as Yamaha, Korg and Akai I decided to go computer based now with the mac. One of the major reasons sound quality combined with screen size, I have the 20 inch iMac. I can stand across the room and still see my meters and waveforms, not so with the small screens on the DAWs.
    Intel iMac   Mac OS X (10.4.5)  
    Intel iMac   Mac OS X (10.4.5)  

• 3gb in MBP intel core duo?

hello... i have a first generation mac book pro (intel core duo, not duo 2)
    i see that you can get up to 3gigs of ram in a macbook pro intel core duo 2... can i do this with a macbook pro intel core duo?
    thanks

"can i do this with a macbook pro intel core duo?"
    It does not appear so...
    http://support.apple.com/specs/macbookpro/MacBook_Pro.html

• I have a Mac mini OSX 10.4.11 Intel Core Duo, 512mb, 1.83 GHz with iTunes 9.0.3. What steps do I need to take to get my music library to my iPad. I dont think I meet the requirements to just upgrad to snow leopard and/or lion. I want the music I paid for

I have a Mac mini OS X 10.4.11, intel core duo processor (not core 2 duo), with 512 mb and 1.83 GHz processor.  I only have version 9.0.3 of iTunes because it hasn't let me go higher, which I believe is because of the operating system.  I want to get my purchased music from the Mac mini to a different computer (that has the latest version of iTunes) and also my iPad.  The Mac mini does not meet the requirements listed to simply upgrade to snow leopard or lion. As far as I can tell.  Forgive me if I am lacking here...this is new to me.  What can I do to get the music transferred.  I have invested alot of money over the past few years on all this music that I should be able to transfer.  Thank you in advance if you can help me.

If you want to sync it to the iPad from that Mac, you need to upgrade it to at least 10.5.8.
    If you want to copy the music to another Mac, you don't. Move the iTunes folder of the item in the Finder's sidebar over as you would any other folder. If you put it somewhere other than the Music folder, launch iTunes with the Option key held down and point it to that location.
    (61713)

• Have MacBook Pro (ancient) has 2.16 Ghz Intel Core Duo with 1 GB 667 MHz RAM using OS 10.4.11. Can I upgrade OS? If so, how far? And can I add more memory? I realize this is an old laptop but I need to wait to upgrade to new.

Have MacBook Pro (ancient) has
    2.16 Ghz Intel Core Duo with
    1 GB 667 MHz RAM
    using OS 10.4.11.
    Can I upgrade OS? If so, how far?
    And can I add more memory?
    I realize this is an old laptop but I need to wait to upgrade to new.

if it is the core duo, mac OS X 10.6.8., max ram 2gb.

Maybe you are looking for

• Help me on sales order history,

hi all, i need to develop a report on sales order history, please help me, what are the related tables to get sales order history

• 3 months left with Verizon. Eligable upgrade is a joke & 'm sick of Verizon & its lies & pricing

First of all, I was a happy Alltel customer. Happy with my plan, my service, my reception etc. Then Verizon took over my reception became mediocre, and then I accepted a job offer in New Bern, NC. From the day I got here, I had problems with my recep

• Raw files in Elements 10

I Have a Nikon D-3100 DSLR Camera and have no problem loading Raw files in Adoboe Photoshop 10. I have just bought a new Nikon D-3200 Camera and Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 wont load Raw files saying they are damaged or wrong type of file. The Nikon

• Email using BSP

Hi All, Can any one send me the documentation on sending Email automatically using HTML code in BSP (Not HTMLB),I saw so many blogs but all of those are related to HTMLB. thanks&regds, Srinivas.

• Flex and pure AS3, a few questions.

Hi all, I have been developing AS3-only applications and am now looking into Flex. I have a few questions I would like to get more information on: - is there a difference in performance between the CS3 components and the Flex components? What would b