What are benefits of a T500 over a 15.4" T61?

Hi
Thank you for reading my post.
I can not find out what are benefits of a T500 laptop over a T61 one, is there any feature that T61 has and T500 does not?
or is there any feature that T61 has and T500 does not?
 As I will use them with a 9cell battery, which one is more energy efficient and has smaller weight.
thanks 

wjli2, out going models will always represent a bigger bang for buck than new models. Anyway you are not comparing apples with apples. The T61p does not compare to the T500. The W500 is the replacement for the T61p
Right now you can get up to 40% off a T61, if the offer is still open
http://www.thinkpadtoday.com/lenovo-thinkpad-coupon-code-limited-edition-200-only-extended.htm
When stocks run out you will soon see some deals on the T400/T500, then you will see some bargains!
Message Edited by thinkpadtoday on 08-26-2008 10:12 AM
www.thinkpadtoday.com - The site for ThinkPad users and enthusiasts.

Similar Messages

• What are benefits of buying iPhone in an Apple retail store in UK?

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a iPhone 3GS. I'm currently on O2, and can now upgrade. I know I can go in my local store and do the upgrade, but I'm visiting London over the Xmas period and so will be able to go into a Retail store.
    So can I do the O2 upgrade in an Apple retail store? what will I need? what are the benefits of that? or is it the same as going to an O2 store? I dont have an iPhone currently btw.
    I dont have an Apple Retail store anywhere near me, so when I go its always an event! I know you can now reserve an hour slot to reserve the iPhone so what happens?
    cheers

Don't be, the other poster said they "figured" it would be better at a corporate AT&T Store, not that it is/was. If there are no problems with your account, nothing special on the account (such as a business discount paid by your employer, etc), then Apple can handle the upgrade as well as O2, or in the States, AT&T. But as neuro said you'll find a much broader selection of accessories, such as cases, cables, chargers, headphones, etc., at the Apple Store. And you can play with the Macs while you are there.

• What are benefits and drawbacks of deleting cookies?

I see articles about how to delete cookies and problems that seem to relate to having cookies or having deleted cookies but nothing (that I could find) about the benefits and drawbacks of cookies. Seems before deleting or preventing, it would be useful to know more about the subject.

Cookies have many uses, for a summary of what cookies are used for see [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie HTTP cookie - Wikipedia]
    It is very much a personal preference as to whether you want to delete cookies or not, the wikipedia article should help you decide. As a matter of routine I do not delete cookies, though I do block most tracking cookies.

• What is the difference between AXIEM and EMSIght? What are the advantages of AXIEM over EMSight if any?

I am wondering what the differences are between AXIEM and EMSight. Are they application related? Is one better than the other one? Please explain.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

AWR considers AXIEM the most powerful planar EM simulator around.   AXIEM is the focus of continual research and improvement while EMSight is only worked on if serious deficiencies are found.  Here is a summary of the differences:
    Meshing
    EMSight must mesh the grid nearest to the conductors using rectangles.  This causes the mesh to have more mesh elements when there are small and large geometries.  The grid must be small enough to capture the small geometry but then causes the large geometries to be over meshed.   Additionally, angled or curved structures causes meshing inefficiencies.
    AXIEM meshes the shapes, rather than a grid.  Additionally, the mesh can be rectangle or triangle.   This allows for a much more efficient mesh.   Typically AXIEM will have a much more efficient
    AXIEM contains the ability to process shapes to clean up geometries that cause mesh inefficiencies.  EMSight does not contain this capability. 
    AXIEM can mesh shapes as thick metal, EMSight cannot and user's must make approximations when  thick metal will change coupling (loss is accounted for properly with metal thickness)
    Ports
    Ports are mostly similar but the parasitics due on AXIEM ports are less.  Additionally, AXIEM doesn't have a side wall, so the effects of not moving the reference plane from the edge of the line are much less in AXIEM.  
    Ports can be added at most any location in geometry with AXIEM.  For EMSight, ports are usually only added on the outside of the geometry and have limitations to reference planes per side of the enclosure.  
    Solvers
    EMSight does not have a low frequency solver.  It will go low in frequency and then extrapolate to DC.  This usually works okay, but you must be aware of if the extrapolation is accurate.  AXIEM has both a low and high frequency solver so will do much better at lower frequencies an usually much better at DC.   
    EMSight's solver scales O(n)^2 for memory and O(n)^3 for time.   It does have a special algorithm to break up the memory issue, but the time issue is the killer.  AXIEM has a direct solver which scales similarly and an iterative solver which will scale O(nlogn).   Said another way, AXIEM can solve much large problems that EMSight.   
    More of AXIEM's processes are multithreaded than EMSight.  
    Enclosure
    EMSight is inside a perfect conductor sidewall.   This works well if you circuit is in the same cavity.  If not, you must know the rules of them on how far to space shapes from the sidewalls as well as how far to extend the port deembedding reference planes.   AXIEM does not have this enclosure.   AXIEM does not currently have a good way to simulate a perfect conductor sidewall.  
    I am sure I missed some aspects of the tools.   From AWR's perspective AXIEM is the tool of choice except in a few rare circumstances were EMSight might be needed. 

• What are the advantages of CP7 over CP6?

The reason I ask is another department here at work got CP6 right before CP7 release (Less than a month)  They are trying to get upgraded to CP7 but have been told by someone at [email protected] that CP7 and CP6 are compatible and you can take projects back and forth between them. 
    The reason this is important is we work with this department and we have CP7.
    For arguments sake if someone has time to list what makes CP7 better I'd appreciate it so this other department can point out why they should be upgraded.
    Thanks,
    Susan

Here are just a few:
    Drag and Drop
    Enhanced Interactions
    In-course YouTube videos
    In-course web browsing
    Learning notes
    Shared advanced actions
    System audio recording and editing
    Expanded asset library
    Support for GIFT format
    Multi-format publishing
    Adobe Captivate app packager
    Enhanced Accessibility support
    Unicode support
    Integration with Tin Can
    HTML5 support for PP
    Improved social media engagement
    You can also go this official Adobe site and see: http://www.adobe.com/products/captivate/features.html

• What are benefits of Time Machine?

Hi all,
    Can someone direct me to the Time machine info page or tutorials?
    Are there big benefits on using it?
    Thanks
    Web dude

Hi,
    if you currently have no other backup solution in use, there's a huge benefit and that is always having a current backup of everything on your Mac!
    Here's Apple's info page to get you started. There's also a tutorial video at the bottom left:
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/timemachine.html
    Björn

• What are benefits of firmware update for LCD TV 46XV645U?

Hey everyone...
    In 2010 I bought a LCD TV 46XV645U, and have never updated the firmware. I see that there is an update from 2011. I am wondering what benefits this update provides. The reason I ask is because my set is working fine and I have heard of firmware updates bricking devices, so I want to make sure it is worthwhile before proceeding.
    Thanks!

If you have an answer to this question would you mind posting it?
    I'd love to see some release notes for the formware for this product.
    Thanks!

• SS7 over IP , What are the mostly used Solutions ?

Hi
    I am completely new to the world of Telephone and Voice.
    If you guys could tell me what are the uses of SS7 over IP?
    In real world where do we use SS7 over IP.
    Where to get some study materials on that?
    thanks guys

Thanks for your helpful replies. However the problem turned out to be a change (behind my back!) of the testing system. Instead of heating the testing loop with the ol' reliable AC supply, the technician went to a new DC supply. There's a fault in the wiring somewhere that appears to short the HP 3421A boxes to the 1000A power supply. This, as you might expect, makes them grumpy. Electrical intervention has taken place and the test is running again.

• What are the benefits of buying an Ipad mini over an Ipad 2

what are the benefits of buying an Ipad mini over an Ipad 2?

As Phil said, iPad mini is smaller; for most, it fits in one hand. It also has a better camera, and can take advantage of more software features like Siri.

• HT201342 What are the benefits to using @icloud account over @me. account?

Do I need to change over to @icloud account for email and what are the benefits over @me account?

It's not a separate account. It's simply an additional address on your existing account and you can use it or not use it at your own convenience. Your @me.com address will be unaffected.

• What's the benefits of Illustrator CC over Illustrator CS3 for print design?

What's the benefits of Illustrator CC over Illustrator CS3 for print design? I'd like to know the advantages and features – all those I read about are to do with EPUB, collaborative working, teams or digital designs, and those don't reflect my work.

BRistle brushes, more versatile art brushes, prrspective grid, to name butba few...  Whether or not any of this is relevant for you is for you to decide.
    Mylenium

• What's the benefits of Indesign CC over Indesign CS3 for print design?

What's the benefits of Indesign CC over Indesign CS3 for print design? I'd like to know the advantages and features – all those I read about are to do with EPUB, collaborative working, teams or digital designs, and those don't reflect my work.

Very important is the span column paragraph property which allows to span several columns in a text frame or to split a column in several sub columns.
    Very important is the tag feature, which is also important for creating PDFs with unlimited access.
    A lot of problems with footnotes and page layout have been solved due to a better text engine. Up to CS5.5 it could happen that a footnote could force a page be empty when a document was opened.
    With CS5 rounded frame corners which are editable were introduced.
    Object Styles have been completed since CS3.
    Content tools to create linked content were introduced. You need only to change the original content (text or image) and all linked content will be updated as any other link. The linked content can be in the same and in any other document.
    Since CS5.5 it is much easier to anchor frames in a text flow with the little at the top of a frame symbol.

• What are the benefits of FXG?

I know the high-level benefits, like being able to code it declaratively. But what are the underlying technical benefits over an embedded asset?
    For example: Take a panel that has a gradient background. The skin-class can: (1) be defined as FXG or (2) contain a  BitmapImage who's source property references the background as an embedded image. What will the benefits be in terms of:
    - compiled swf size
    - on-screen graphics processing
    Cheers
    Tracy

You can also apply effects to FXG graphics dynamically. Suppose you have 3 states that you want to render differently. If you're using bitmaps you'd need 3 bitmaps, one for each state. With FXG, you could just turn on and off the appropriate effects (assuming that you could accomplish the desired visual changes with effects). Furthermore, you could transition between the effects gradually if you wanted to. With bitmaps, you'd get no transitions, just an abrupt switch from one state to the next. Finally, it is easy to tweak the effects at any time (in code) with FXG. With bitmaps, you're going back to the artwork and exporting every time you want to tweak something.
    David Salahi

• What are the benefits of bw implementation

Hai Experts,
    If any one have  an idea the below query Please share with me.
      What are the benefits of BW Implementation in an organization.
    Thanks & Regards.
    suresh

Hi,
    BW/BI is the information backbone engine for SAP and the mySAP landscape. Traditional R/3 reporting does a good job of generating tactical (operational reports). But in the past few years SAP has growingly introduced the business information warehouse as the defacto reporting framework for the mySAP suite of solutions. Some reasons for introducing SAP BW:
    a) An information warehouse that enables analytical reporting
    b) In a typical SAP user community more than 70% of the users would be "read-only" or reporting users. It is unnecessary to provide SAP transaction system reporting to the 70%.
    c) Ability to create reports on the fly providing much more flexibility to information insight.
    BW is clearly the fastest growing SAP technology in terms of user adoption. In the last few years alone, over 3000 installations of BW have been reported. SAP has thrown in a very creative licensing strategy that provides attractive incentives to migrate to mySAP BW.
    The key components of BW that have gained momentum:
    1) Strategic & tactical information analytics
    2) Portal integration for extended and easier information consumption
    3) Pre-delivered best business practices (Business content) for expedited implementations.
    4) BW-BPS/BI IP  for planning and feedback into SAP transaction system
    *pls search forum, you will get  more details**
    Hope this helps,
    Regards
    CSM Reddy

• What are the benefits of VAL?

What are the benefits of VAL?
    And
    why is it good for the database ?
    and
    why is it a security precaution?
    for ex
    CoID = #Val(CoID)#

VAL makes sure that the entry is a numeric value and returns
    a number regards so it can ensure that entries do not conflict with
    a DB type definition and throw errors.
    Personally, I prefer to validate using IsNumeric, since VAL
    could return a value over 0 if the first didgits of the submission
    are in fact numeric, but the rest are not.

Maybe you are looking for

• Problem accessing mail via Safari browser

How do I access iCloud Mail via my Safari browser on my iPhone? If I go to iCloud.com it just offers me the option to install it on my phone. The problem is, I already have it installed on my phone and it works fine EXCEPT at my new job - the wifi is

• IDOC to WS && WS to IDOC

Hi, I have requirement for distributing master data(customers, vendors....) to third party systems. I planed to use an IDOC on SAP side. Other side is capable to establish communication over WSs. So IDOC is async and WS could be sync communication. I

• Need a help on this scenario

Hi, Scenario: monthly data needs to be divided into weekly data acording to the number of weeks in that month. eg: create table Sdata ( joindate DATE, members number(8)); Insert into Sdata (joindate,members)values ('28-apr-11',8); Joindate Members 28

• Can't import mailboxes when setting up

Hi, Just upgraded to Tiger, now setting up Mail. When trying to open Mail it tries to import old mailboxes in previous version (total twenty-five thousand messages). It gets to 21492, then crashes. I can't open Mail to import manually, since whenever

• Integration directory + message level access control

Hello, are there any how-to guides or blogs explaining how to restrict user access to certain objects of the integration directory? How can access be restricted to messages having certain interfaces in runtime workbench and sxmb_moni. Kind regards, H