What Hard Drive and Caddy Fits Lenovo T410?

What kind of hard drive and hard drive caddy would I need for a Lenovo Thinkpad 410?
Where is a good place to get a caddy, and about how much do they cost?
I was looking to buy a T410 on eBay, and I see a lot of them don't include a hard drive.      I don't know much about laptops in general.     I saw 2.5" laptop hard drives for sale on eBay and at newegg.    Will any of them work?        

Any of those Lenovo T caddies on ebay will work.  I think the going rate shipped is $9 or less.  As for hdd, pick the capacity you need using Newegg, Amazon or TigerDirect.  Just make sure it's 9.5mm or less.  Occasionally a nice 1TB spinning at 7200rpm with 32 or 64mb cache goes on sale for <$70.  I think last week the HGST was $58
W530 | 3840QM | 32g @ 1.35v CL9 1986z | 512g 840 Pro | 1t HGST 7200 | FHD AUO v.4 | Quadro K2k | GOBI 5k | Centrino 6300

Similar Messages

• I've got a late 2009 mac mini with a 320gb hard drive and I want to upgrade it to a 1tb drive or bigger. What HDDs are compatible with my mini?

I've got a late 2009 mac mini with a 320gb hard drive and I want to upgrade it to a 1tb drive or bigger. What HDDs are compatible with my mini?
    Because of the price I'm not interested in solid state drives, unless of course you want to send me $1,000.
    I've already got external drives but I take my mini back and forth to work and don't want to carry those drives with me.
    I'm not interested in buying a laptop. My mini works great so why waste $1,000 or more when I can buy a 1 to 3 TB hdd for under $300 and have exactly what I want. My late 2009 Mac Mini with a large hdd.
    I went to Crucial's website and they can't tell me what drives fit my Mac Mini. That's where I got my ram (8GB). I'm ONLY interested in name brand quality HDDs.

The limiting factor in your 2009 mini is the max 9.5mm drive thickness.
    One of the largest capacity 2.5" drives that meets this criteria is the HGST (formerly Hitachi) at 1.5GB
    Any reputable SATA HDD you can find that is not thicker then this 9.5mm will work.

• I am running out of memory on my hard drive and need to delete files. How can I see all the files/applications on my hard drive so I can see what is taking up a lot of room?

I am running out of memory on my hard drive and need to delete files. How can I see all the files/applications on my hard drive so I can see what is taking up a lot of room?
    Thanks!
    David

Either of these should help.
    http://grandperspectiv.sourceforge.net/
    http://www.whatsizemac.com/
    Or search 'disk size' in the App Store.
    Be carefull with what you delete & have a backup BEFORE you start, you may also want to reboot to try to free any memory that may have been written to disk.

• Can I add a second hard drive and if so what cable etc would I need to do so?

Can I add a second hard drive and if so what cable etc would I need to do so?
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Hi,
    For many 17" (or 17.3") machines such as Envy 17, dv,  Pavilion 17 .... you can add a second HDD (my old loan dv7 has two HDD's and my current loan Envy 17 also has 2 HDD's). You would need the following kit:
        http://www.newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=379
    Regards.
    BH
    **Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
    Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

• What is the Best way to set up Photoshop on a new PC with multiple Hard drives and SSD?

Hi hope someone can help.
    I am considering buying a new PC (see below).  We want to run both Photoshop and Lightroom on the PC. We will also be using it as a Media centre – that’s why I have two big hard drives.
    I would like to know the best way to install both Photoshop and Lightroom on the storage devices. As you can see I will have two 3TB hard drives and one 250G SSD card.
    For Photoshop I have read that it can be advantages to have the program on one drive the photos on another drive and the “scratch file’ on a third drive. It was even suggested that the PCs Operating system could be on a different drive than the program. Is this correct and if
    so what is best to go on the SSD card? I will be partitioning the Hard Drives and I could even partition the SSD drive if that could help.  In this case what size partitions are recommended?
    If you can see a component below that you think would be an issue with running Photoshop and Lightroom, could you also let me know what you would recommend?
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 CPU. LGA1150
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97M Micro-ATX Motherboard LGA1150
    RAM: TWO (2) x Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Desktop Memory
    HDD: TWO (2) x Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM 64 MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
    SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    Graphics card: Leadtek nVidia Quadro K2200 4GB Graphic Card
    Optical drive: LG Blu-Ray Combo Drive. BH16NS40
    Power supply unit: Cooler Master V750S ATX Power Supply 750W, 80Plus Gold Certified
    Case: Cooler Master Centurion 6Mid Tower Case
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Wireless / WiFi: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 900Mbps Wireless-N Dual Band PCI-E Adapter
    BTW I would have liked to email this to Adobe support but could not find an email address to send it to. I hope this way works.

That's a nice system Kevin, and it will work very nicely with Photoshop.  I do take it that you have 16Gb RAM in Total?
    250Gb SSD is a good size, but you can still run short, and that will affect Windows performance.  When you get your system, instal WinDirStat which gives you a graphic display of everything on your drive, like below. Clicking on any of the large areas will tell you what and where they are, so you can think about moving cache folders etc. to one of the HDDs.
    Leave the Pagefile.sys on the boot drive.  Think about disabling Hyphenate as it takes a ton of space, and too often crashes on wake up.
    My Documents
    Desktop
    Downloads
    Look at Bridge cache
    iTunes backup
    Other stuff like that.
    Think about another 500Gb drive just for Photoshop Scratch.  Drives are cheap as chips nowadays
    Do yourself a favour, and invest $100 in Shadow Protect (or similar if there is such a thing) SP saves incremental backups every 15 minutes (you can set the interval, but it has no impact on performance with a system like yours).  If you have a problem you can mount the back up at any of those 15 minute points, and open files from it.  You can also make a bootable DVD image of your C drive, and be back up and running five minutes after disaster strikes.
    Optimize Performance in Photoshop
    Photoshop CC and CC 2014 GPU FAQ
    For more ideas, swing by the Premiere Pro Hardware forum.  Those guys are serious good at this stuff, and you'll find links tips and ideas.
    Happy computing, and have fun with your Creative Cloud® apps.

• I have one HDMI port on my television that is currently used for my hard drive/free view box.  What kind of adaptor can I buy so I can have the hard drive and my apple tv device plugged into the same HDMI PORT?

I have one HDMI port on my television that is currently used for my hard drive/free view box.  What kind of adaptor can I buy so I can have the hard drive and my apple tv device plugged into the same HDMI PORT? Is it a switch or a splitter?  And where is it best to buy one?  Thanks!

Welcome to the Apple Community.
    You need an HDMI switch.

• I upgraded my hard drive and my ipod no longer recognizes my computer.  It will not sync. What should I do?

I upgraded my hard drive and my ipod no longer recognizes my computer.  It will not sync. What should I do?

- First get iTunes to see the iPod:
    iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows
    - The transfer iTunes purchases to the computer:
    iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to a computer
    - For non-iTunes purchased music you need a third-party program like one of those discussed here:
    Copy music from Ipod to new computer...: Apple Support Communities
    - Connect the iPOd to the computer and make a backup by right clicking on the iPod under Devices in iTunes and select Back Up
    - Restore the iPod from that backup.

• I Mini with an i7 processor. I would like to use Boot Camp to install windows based CAD software on my MAC. Would it be better to use a plugin external hard drive to load my software on and if so what hard drive would you recommend?

I Mini with an i7 processor. I would like to use Boot Camp to install windows based CAD software on my MAC. Would it be better to use a plugin external hard drive to load my software on and if so what hard drive would you recommend?

Thank you for your quick response. I can then use a ZIP drive for data storage. I want to keep as much of my hard drive free of data as possible.

• I opened my iPhoto library today which was stored on an external hard drive and several of my videos now will not play. The weird thing is that each file shows a duration of 1 second and when I open them it just shows one frame. What the

I opened my iPhoto library today which was stored on an external hard drive and several of my videos now will not play at all. The weird thing is that each file shows a duration of 1 second and when I open them it just shows one frame. What the !&%$#@ Where did my original video files go?

Sounds like a good plan, you can never be to safe and having a second External HD is safer than one.
    The only thing that I would do different, is setup the 3T as my TimeMachine Backup and then erase and move my Photos, Videos and perhaps even iTunes Media to the 1T. That way you will have room to backup both the Internal Hard Drive and the 1T External Hard Drive to the 3T using TimeMachine.
    Take your time, study and use the > Time Machine - Frequently Asked Questions if you get stuck or aren't sure how to make the move.
    Also see > iPhoto: How to move the Library folder to a new location
    iMovie ’08: Storing or moving your video library to an external hard disk
    and >  iTunes for Mac: Moving your iTunes Media folder

• I accidentally updated iPhoto on my (now) external hard drive and now it won't let me access any of my photos. What can I do?

I accidentally updated iPhoto on my (now) external hard drive and now it won't let me access any of my photos. What can I do?

So, you have two versions of iphoto? One from the old machine and one from the new?
    If so, forget about opening with the older version of iPhoto.
    For the newer version:
    Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and keywords back.
    Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.  

• TS1717 I replaced my hard drive and reloaded itunes.  Now I get a message thatitunes library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes. What do I do?

I replaced my hard drive and reloaded itunes.  Now it won't open and I get a message that the file itunes library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes.  What do I do?

Try the following user tip:
    Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates
    EDIT: My apologies ... it'd be better to start straight in with the following user tip:
    Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash

• How to explain.  OK 1st all photos are visible in my iPhoto library; however, some are stored on hard drive and some are stored on external.  All can be viewed in itunes, but none on the external will sync to my iPad.  What's up with that.

How to explain.  OK 1st all photos are visible in my iPhoto library; however, some are stored on hard drive and some are stored on external.  All can be marked or unmarked in itunes, but none of the photos stored on the external drive will sync to my iPad.  Anybody know what's up with that?

What really cheeses me off here is that Apple isn't allowing users enough customization.  With each update of iTunes (and the OS and iOS) we're forced to give up something that worked well for the way we want to use the app and make do with fewer (and lamer) options.  If Apple keeps this up, they're going to start losing customers fast.  I mean if this isn't fixed soon, I'm pretty sure I'm going to give up on iTunes, and then I'll probably go ahead and get a Galaxy when I need to replace my iPhone.
    What I don't understand about how they won't let users delete the list of available podcasts now is why?  How is this making it a better program?  I can understand that not all users are capable enough to right-click on a feed and select "Show all available episodes", so I can see why they want the complete list to be the default (and, surprise, it already was).  But to not give users the option to delete that list?  It's inconsiderate because it makes navigating feeds with a large back catalogue really frustrating.  I'm flabbergasted that no one at Apple considered all the podcast feeds that keep hundreds of episodes available when they removed this feature.  It smacks of rank incompetence.
    What improvement were they trying to make here anyway?  There was nothing wrong to my mind about how podcasts were managed in previous versions.  Whatever improvement they were trying to make here, they should have realized that many users would at least want the option to keep things the way they were.
    And reverting to a previous version is no solution.  I can't sync my iPhone with the new iOS without this update, and (while I do have some issues--specifically how you can't play podcasts in the Music app anymore) I do like the new iOS.

• HI, I HAVE A MacBook Pro 2.3GHz dual-core Intel i5 AND I WAN'T TO UPGRADE THE HARD DRIVE UP TO 750GB AND ALSO THE RAM MEMORY TO 8GB. WHAT SPECIFIC MODEL OF HARD DRIVE AND RAM MEMORY SHOULD I BUY??? THANKS

HI, I HAVE A MacBook Pro 2.3GHz dual-core Intel i5 AND I WAN'T TO UPGRADE THE HARD DRIVE UP TO 750GB AND ALSO THE RAM MEMORY TO 8GB. WHAT SPECIFIC MODEL OF HARD DRIVE AND RAM MEMORY SHOULD I BUY??? THANKS

No need to type in all caps - we HEAR you!
    I would take a look at the internal drives offered by both Crucial (click the link "Internal Hard Drives Now Available") and OWC. I would stay away from Western Digital drives as they seem to have problems on a number of Mac models.
    You can also shop for RAM at Crucial and OWC - just select the System Scanner tab at the Crucial website to find out which memory is right for your machine.
    Good luck,
    Clinton

• I am trying to copy more or less 30G from my MacbookPro to an external hard drive and it is stuck in the "preparing to copy" step. But that for more than one hour. What should I do to make it faster? Thanks a lot in advance!

I am trying to copy more or less 30G from my MacbookPro to an external hard drive and it is stuck in the "preparing to copy" step. But that for more than one hour. What should I do to make it faster? Thanks a lot in advance!

Thanks Shootist007, by blockd files I mean files that I have changed to blocked and when I tried to move then for the first time, I had to unblock again. I am trying to backup my pictures, my songs and other files like word documents and excel tables. First I put all of them as blocked, what caused the first problems on trying to move them. Then, I've unchecked the block option and if I try to move one by one, there is no problem. The issue is to move all together, because it gets stuck in the preparing to copy files step. Anyway, if I cannot do all by once, I'll do it one by one, event though that was not suposed to happen if we are talking about technology, right? Anyway, I thank you again for trying to help me!

• I am trying to use Time Machine to back-up to an external hard drive and I get the following message.Unable to complete backup. An error occurred while creating the backup folder. Does anyone know what I should do?

I am trying to use Time Machine to back-up to an external hard drive and I get the following message.Unable to complete backup. An error occurred while creating the backup folder. Does anyone know what I should do?

Hello Drake, I suspect one or more of the Drives needs repairing, but...
    Have you looked through Pondini's extensive TM help site?
    http://Pondini.org/TM/FAQ.html
    http://pondini.org/TM/Troubleshooting.html
    Can't imaging something not being covered there.

Maybe you are looking for

• Cannot Open SQL from Data Prep Editor (SQL Interface)

Hi, When I Open SQL in Data Prep Editor: "There are no data sources defined. Please create one to continue." I create a ODBC connections using the drivers bellow and I obtain always the same message ("There are no data sources defined.."): Oracle in

• Error while Updating the UDF

HI All I had created a User Form using Screen Painter, and while working with that form everything is fine , but when Iam trying to Update a record its shows an error message saying that "This entry already exists in the following tables "(@TBL_INDER

• GR error for outbound delivery

Hi,   User had mistakenly processed GR for partial line items during MIGO transaction against OBD. When user is taking GR for that pending materials which had processed without order reference(VL01NO transaction) then system is giving eror message of

• Anyone know if there is a video for installing additional ram in an early 80's intel Imac?

I bought some ram for my early 80s Imac. Looking for an install video to help me to put it in.

• 500Internal Server Error The Web Dynpro application PageBuilder has expired

hi all , i am using public url domain to access my portal through internet . i have done a reverse proxy using apache . from my server url i am able to get every page . from public url i am not able to view my webdynpro applications . its showing the