Whitelist wireless cards for T430?

Hi All:
Have a T430 with the 2x2 b/g/n (Intel Wireless-N 2200) wireless card.  Would like to have an a/g/n card (Intel 6205) but recall that previous thinkpads would have a cow if the card wasn't "IBM/Lenovo certified in the BIOS (whitelist).  Does the T430 require the Lenovo-certified wreless card:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251337954446?lpid=82
or can I use the generic Intel card:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/170655776416?lpid=82
Thanks,
Keith
Formerly 600E 2645, T30 2366, X31 2673, T40 2373, T41 2379, T42 2373, T42 2379, T60 1952, T61p 8889, T61p 8891
Currently T420 4177-CTO, T430 2347-A54, T430 2349-L64, T430 2347-UN9, T430 2342-CTR, Ideapad K1, H520S 2561-1LU
Solved!
Go to Solution.

Ah, OK, thanks Jin.
Keith
Formerly 600E 2645, T30 2366, X31 2673, T40 2373, T41 2379, T42 2373, T42 2379, T60 1952, T61p 8889, T61p 8891
Currently T420 4177-CTO, T430 2347-A54, T430 2349-L64, T430 2347-UN9, T430 2342-CTR, Ideapad K1, H520S 2561-1LU

Similar Messages

• Where can I find a wireless card for my early 2009 Mac Pro (MB871LL/A, MacPro4,1)?

Where on on earth can I purchase a wireless card for my Mac Pro?
    Apple is of no help.  Their "Geniuses" told me that it is impossible for them sell one to me because Apple will not supply wireless cards or memory for previous generation computers.  That is totally absurd.  If I want to get a wireless card for my 2 year young computer I can't? I have to buy a brand new computer with one previously installed. Ridiculous!
    Any help or suggestions would be of great value to me.

Well I found what I think is the correct card on B&H.
    Hopefully it works....
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/682954-REG/Apple_MB988Z_A_AirPort_Extreme_ Card_for.html

• N wireless card for Mac Mini 1.66ghz

What is the best wireless card for me to install to upgrade to N series wireless? Also is it always better to go 300 mbps vs. 150 mbps? (will be installing Snow Leopard OS). Thanks.

See > Apple Mac Mini 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo (MA607LL/A) Expansion Cards
    For DIY, see > Installing Mac mini Model A1176 AirPort Extreme - iFixit

• Good wireless cards for older Mac Pros

I have a Mac Pro Dual-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz at work that we are trying to get online wirelessly. A couple of months ago, we bought a Hawking Hi-Gain Wireless-N USB Adaptor, which was working fine until a recent update was performed. Since then, the computer crashes almost immediately if the wireless adaptor is plugged in, but runs fine when it is taken out. I am curious if anyone else has run into a similar problem when using a wireless adaptor. I also wanted to know if anyone had a recommendation for a different, reliable wireless card for an older Mac Pro.
    Thanks in advance.

I have almost the exact same situation.
    Same system, a d-link wua 1340 usb wireless adaptor.
    Worked fine for several weeks or so until i updated to snow leopard.
    Now frequent system crashes, grey screen and the box that tells me to use the power button to shut down.
    I tried going back to 10.5 and still the same problem.

• Elementary question: need wireless card for old Dell

Hi, all: I need to buy a wireless card for my several-years-old Dell Precision 340 desktop, so that I can network it with my MacBook Pro and printer using AirPort Express. Can buy any old USB network adapter card branded "universal"? Any recommendations? There is no built-in wireless card. Also, I understand that I will have to reconfigure the AirPort somehow to handle both PC and Mac (I spent a long time on the phone with Support getting to work in the first place, just with the Mac notebook).
    Thanks for any advice!

Hello jonnofor. Welcome to the Apple Discussions!
    Can buy any old USB network adapter card branded "universal"? Any recommendations? There is no built-in wireless card.
    Just about any 802.11b/g wireless device will work with the AirPort Express Base Station (AX). The AX is capable of up to WPA2 wireless encryption, so if this is important to you, you would want a device that is WPA or WPA2 capable as well. In addition to USB-style, the Precision 340 can also take PCI-cards. For example, Linksys offers both a USB & PCI types.
    Also, I understand that I will have to reconfigure the AirPort somehow to handle both PC and Mac
    There shouldn't be any required configuration changes necessary for the AX just to support both Macs and PCs. Most issues that come into play relate to using WEP for wireless encryption. You can eliminate this by using WPA or WPA2 instead.

• Can I upgrade to a dual band to wireless card for HP15-g013cl?

Can I upgrade to a dual band  to wireless card for HP15-g013cl?
    If so can I do it myself and what mobel do you suggest?
    thank you.
    dwight

dwightyee wrote:
    Can I upgrade to a dual band  to wireless card for HP15-g013cl?
    If so can I do it myself and what mobel do you suggest?
    thank you.
    dwight
    We need the system P/N to find out what the Service Manual says if it comes with or without a dual band wifi.
    How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
    I am a Volunteer to help others on here-not a HP employee.
    Replies aren't online 24/7 because of Time Zone differences.
    Remember in this Day and Age of Computing the Internet is Knowledge at your fingertips if you choose understand it. -2015-

• Wireless card for desktop

Do I need to purchase and install a wirless card for my pc inorder to get the airport express to connect?

If you are trying to get wireless connectivity to a wireless router, like the AirPort Express Base Station (AX), then yes, you will need a 802.11g wireless card for your PC.

• Replacing wireless card for Twist (whitelisted 5Ghz card)?

Hello,
    I unfortunately bought Intel Wifi card and learned that it cannot be used due to whitelisting of cards...
    The laptop had a lower spec Intel card.
    I would like to switch to dual band (2.4 & 5 Ghz) card that has BT 4.0.
    Which options do I have and where to buy it (part number) ?
    Thanks!

Everthing is whitelisted except your current one. GG

• Changing Wireless card for a GE60

Hi guys, New here and i need your help I have an MSI GE60 laptop and im a big fan of it, my issue is that the Wireless card an Intel Centrino 135 is Pitiful to say the least for my needs (i work with 5ghz alot) so i need to upgrade the card my friend recommended an Intel Centrino 2605 it seem good and offers great speed. but i soon as i swap the card and install the drivers im hit by some sort of software lock which don't let me use it (apparently Intel don;t like you swapping out the cards" so my question is there a way i can get this working because i would hate to lose this laptop due to a small issue like this :( a program i can run, some code i could run anything would be a great help!
    Thanks in advanced !!
    I can't give links to stuff :(
    so ill just ask you to google the laptop Number if you need it :P
    and the wifi card

Quote from: darkhawk on 11-October-13, 10:05:22
    MSI does not 'whitelist' anything as far as we are aware. This is included in our FAQ section.
    Are you 100% certain that the card is good? Have you tried it in another laptop to ensure it works there?
    Yep my friend has a HP Business laptop with the same card and he swapped it and got great speeds from it ive just done a full restore of my laptop and it still seems like its wont work ive ran out of ideas. i tried his wireless card from his Laptop and it was the same error it looks like its installed and ready to rock but theres some sort of barrier stopping it :/

• Upgrade wireless card for DV6-6B26US....

I have two Hp laptops that are used for work. One is a HP Pavilion DV6-6B26US and the other is a HP Pavilion G4-1215dx.
    Recently our employer informed us that company network upgrades will require laptops to have dual band (2.4 & 5 GHz) wireless cards (as the are blocking 2.4 GHz bands in selected locations).
    I initially attempted to upgrade the HP Pavilion G4-1215DX with an Intel Centrino 6235 Advanced WiFi card and found that the BIOS contained a whitelist preventing use of the Intel card. I was able to find and order a suitable replacment listed in the service guide for the laptop:
    Realtek 8188BC8 802.11a/b/g/n 2×2 WiFi and Bluetooth 3.0+HS Combo Adapter  (602993-001)
    I cannot, however, find a suitable dual band wireless card listed in the service guide for the HP Pavilion DV6-6B26US. I need to know if a whitelist is employed in the bios for this machine, and if so, which dual band wireless card would be comapatible with this machine?
    Alternatively, is there a BIOS avaiable for this machine (or both machines) that does not employ whitelisting of wireless cards?
    Thank you,
    Patrick

ibsooner wrote:
    I have two Hp laptops that are used for work. One is a HP Pavilion DV6-6B26US and the other is a HP Pavilion G4-1215dx.
    Recently our employer informed us that company network upgrades will require laptops to have dual band (2.4 & 5 GHz) wireless cards (as the are blocking 2.4 GHz bands in selected locations).
    I initially attempted to upgrade the HP Pavilion G4-1215DX with an Intel Centrino 6235 Advanced WiFi card and found that the BIOS contained a whitelist preventing use of the Intel card. I was able to find and order a suitable replacment listed in the service guide for the laptop:
    Realtek 8188BC8 802.11a/b/g/n 2×2 WiFi and Bluetooth 3.0+HS Combo Adapter  (602993-001)
    I cannot, however, find a suitable dual band wireless card listed in the service guide for the HP Pavilion DV6-6B26US. I need to know if a whitelist is employed in the bios for this machine, and if so, which dual band wireless card would be comapatible with this machine?
    Alternatively, is there a BIOS avaiable for this machine (or both machines) that does not employ whitelisting of wireless cards?
    Thank you,
    Patrick
    Hi,
    Unfortunately the whitelist is still present in this model series (Dv6-6000). I haven't been able to find any compatible dual band wireless card because all wifi chips from the manual are only 1x1. Have you tried the Realtek 8188 on a 5Ghz network? I don't think that it's a dual band wireless card..
    Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
    Testing - HP 15-p000
    HP Touchpad provided by HP
    Currently on Debian Wheeze
    *Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*

• Which Wireless card for P2800?

Hi,
    I would like to add a Wireless card to my P2800, Win 2000 home edition.
    I have decided to go through Netgear PC Card Wireless 32 bits CardBus Dual Band WAG511 - 108 Mb/sec.
    What do you think? Will I have any problem with that on my pc?
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    Franfrantic

Hi
    If you have adequate driver for W2000 I dont see any problem why this wireless card should no work properly.

• Wireless card for Pismo 10.3?

Hi all,
    Ethernet port died on my trusty 400Mhz Pismo, and already swapped its AirPort card into my newer TiBook, so looking for least expensive alternative to get the Pismo networked again. AirPort cards are available on eBay, but close to $100 . . . .
    I'm running 10.3 on the Pismo and have Snow ABS (b).
    Anybody with same/similar setup have a PCMCIA wireless card that is currently available/works well/they can recommend? (It would be nice if it worked seamlessly with the AirPort software too.)
    Thanks

This was a similar post that I made some time ago. http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=2804141?
    I'm using the MacSense PC card. Any compatible card you get should be plug 'n play in Panther
    Also see Wireless FAQ For Older Apple PowerBook Computers
    http://home.earthlink.net/~kjvann/
     Cheers, Tom

• Which Wireless Card for Mac Pro 2.93ghz (4.1)

Hi,
    I would like to add a wireless card to my Mac Pro 2.93ghz (4.1)(early 2009) but im a little unsure of which card is compatible, after searching on the net for info I have these model numbers - Airport Extreme MB988Z/A or MB988ZM/A.
    Many thanks,
    Antz

I have an Early '08 Mac Pro running an 8800GT in Slot 1 and a 2600XT in Slot 2.
    I got my 2600 for $50 USD and have found it to work very quietly and without fuss. It's 3D performance is a little lacking but I didn't buy it for that.
    It installed straight into Slot 2 and requires no additional power cable. I've also the above setup running four 23" Apple Cinema Displays without breaking a sweat.
    As for your 7300 predicament, for all intensive purposes, this card does not have an the correct internal ROM required to boot an Early '08 Mac Pro. Whilst I've not tested it, I've no reason to doubt well-informed comments from other members:
    http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=8636877#8636877
    Best, R.

• Wireless Card for HP P6795a desktop

Hi everyone,
    I just bought a desktop P6795a yeterday. And I can not conect to the internet. All the others laptop in my home can connect to the router. I also updated all the driver for P6795a but It is not solve.
    This is the specific p6795a : http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02681199&lang=en&cc=us&taskI...
    I think it is because I do not have the extermal wireless antenna at the back of the tower.
    I used wireless usb adapter to connect the internet and it is work fine.
    I would like to buy an extermal antenna for this desktop but i really do not know where to buy it ( I live in Palmerston North - New Zealand)
    Anyone help me, please
    Thanks a lot

Hi,
    Have you tried these tips ?
      http://www.microsoft.com/athome/setup/wirelesstips.aspx#fbid=Y5KjFAIalh8
    here are few of them
      http://www.nextag.com/wireless-card-antenna/compare-html
    Check with the guys at **bleep** Smith, they may be able to help.
    Good luck.
    BH
    **Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
    Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

• PC wireless card for Airport Express?

Hi. I just got myself an Apple Airport Express. It works with my MacBook Pro perfectly. I need to extend it's use to my PC with Windows XP which has all the music. I want to know which internal wireless card with wi-fi 802.11n works best on a PC? Can't find one in India and I'm asking someone to get it for me from the US so need to get it right first time around.
    Thanks.

You can use any wireless card which supports either the 802.11b or 802.11g protocols; AirPort Extreme speed requires 802.11g.
    Wireless cards that use only 802.11a or the 802.11n draft may not be able to interoperate with the rest of the network.
    (24278)

Maybe you are looking for

• How do I set a Unicode tool tip on an AVToolButton?

We're finally porting our Acrobat (8/9/X/XI) plug-in to be fully Unicode-compliant, so that we can show our UI in Japanese and other languages which require double-byte characters. I've figured out how to rework most of our 8-bit calls, such as repla

• Check on SAVE of VL02N any delivery fields have changed or not?

Hello, If i go to VL02N and open a delivery and then simply click on SAVE without doing any changes, transaction shows a success message like Delivry & has been saved. In actual case no new changes exists for the delivery. Is there any way to check i

• GTX 970 HDMI Port

Hi Guys, i'm wondering if the newly announced GTX970 from MSI has an HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 1.4a Port. The MSI Website states the latter, although the 'reference' model as well as some custom cards from other manufacturers having a HDMI 2.0 connection woul

• Udev/hal rules won't automount my ipod

After following directions in the wiki articles on hal and udev to get my ipod to automount and generate the /dev/ipod device, I'm at a loss because nothing seems to work as explained. (I'm running Arch64 with LXDE) I've added the following rule to /

• FCE log and transfer goes from avchd to prores which then requires rendering down to AIC -- what's with that??

Someone gave me a Sony camera (HDR-CX160) to try to get some footage out of... Log and Transfer worked fine, but the resulting files in Capture Scratch are ProRes.  When I add them to the timeline, it requires rendering (Lengthy rendering), presumabl