Will a 6-Cell battery from a T60 work in a T500

Upgraded to the T500 recently and I have a decently working battery from my T60.  I'm not interested in frying my new machince, so will a 6-Cell battery from a T60 work in a T500?
Solved!
Go to Solution.

yes. 
Regards,
Jin Li
May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Similar Messages

• Will iPhone 5 (Verizon,unlocked) from U.S work in India?

I am planning to purchase iPhone 5 (Verizon unlocked) 16GB from U.S to use it in India.I will be using the 3G service available here.Will the phone work with other GSM carriers available here provided it's a nano sim?My friends are saying that they purchased iPhone 4 unlocked from U.S ,it didn't work in India.Now I am confused.

You can find that info yourself if you go to this address:
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone
    Mind you, I might be wrong but it looks like you do need to buy the iphone with a contract which means it wouldn't work in India.  So in short: If that's correct, then you'll just have to wait until it's available there.

• Possible defective X240 3-cell battery. Help me diagnose!

I bought an X240 about 2 weeks ago and things are running fine.  It came with the large 6-cell battery.  Last week, I purchased a genuine Lenovo 3-cell battery from a third-party reseller.  I plugged it in this morning for the first time, and it seems to be defective.  Please see the screenshots below.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6625784/battery_error.jpg -- this error message popped up when I first booted the computer after putting the new battery in the computer.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6625784/battery_error2.jpg -- this is what the Lenovo diagnostics software shows.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6625784/battery_error3.jpg -- this is what the Windows 8.1 system tray icon shows.
    And here are two pictures of the battery itself:  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6625784/battery1.jpg  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6625784/battery2.jpg  --- It is FRU 45N1125, which is the correct model for the ThinkPad X240, as far as I can tell.
    I have removed and re-inserted the battery several times, so I am confident that the battery is installed correctly.  I also shut the computer down and plugged the power cord in for about an hour to see if it would charge while the computer was off, and it did not--it remained at 0% even after charging for an hour.
    This appears to me to be a defective battery, but if anybody has any other ideas, please share them and I will test.  Thank you!

If you let the internal battery charge to 100%, will the removable battery start to charge at that point?
    I know you said you let it charge for an hour but your screenshot showed the internal battery at 54% and charging.  ThinkPad can only charge one battery at a time, so the removable battery won't charge until the internal battery stops charging.  
    If the internal battery gets to 100% and still the removable battery won't take a charge, then it is very likely defective.

• Remanufactured Battery from Lenovo Outlet

Hello,
    I ordered a remanufactured 6-cell battery from Lenovo Outlet during their promotion period last month. It arrived last Friday. Everything looked fine when I unpacked it.
    However, when I checked the ASM (92P1142) and FRU number (42T4777). It looks like that ASM is on the recall list years ago. This battery pack is manufactured by Sony with cycle count of 0. I am concerned of the safety issue and email Lenovo Outlet. They told me to call technical support department. I tried this afternoon and waited for over 20 minutes without any human representative asking my call.
    Anybody has similiar experience or can answer my question? TIA.

ConnectDon wrote: 
    As far as "ConnedDon" goes, well, I kind of like it.  I could ask The Mouse to change it, but I'm not sure she would let me change it back if I grew tired of it.  Moderators.
    Hey, now!  ;-)
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
    Jane
    2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
    I am not a Lenovo Employee.
    I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

• Can I install a 12 cell battery on a T41?

Hi guys
    I would like to buy a new 12 cell battery for a T41, I looked for in the service manual, but only 6 and 9 cell batteries are listed.
    Do you know if my T41 would recognize a 12 cell battery? If so, can you recommend me a part No please?
    Thanks.

IBM never made a 12 cells battery for T41, there were just either 6 cells or 9 cells. 
    Where did you get the 12 cells battery from? ebay?
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• Can use 9 cell battery instead of 6 Cell

Hello
    My laptop model is hp Probook 4410s and have a battery of 6 cell, Battery model is  513128-251. Now I need to replace the battery. Please let me know whether hp probook 4410s will support 9 cell battery? does this create any hardware issue? also If i can use 9 cell battery can I use the same adaper or need to change
    Please advise me
    Regards
    Vipin

There are aftermarket 9 cell batteries:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Cell-Battery-Fit-HP-ProBook-4405-4406-4410s-4411s-4412-4413-4415s-4416s-/3...
    There is no need to use a different AC adapter. I can't find if HP offers a "genuine" 9 cell battery. If you can find one of those it would be better but the "knockoff" aftermarket batteries will work. 

• T60 charges battery but will not run on battery

Background:
    T60 purchased on EBAY approx a month ago by my friend. I have been trying to solve his battery problem, and am out of ideas.
    Battery charges appropriately.
    Unit will not boot or run onbattery.  If running, and adapter pulled, it goes off immediately.
    OS is Windows 7 Ultimate.
    Things I have tried or verified:
    Updated drivers from Lenovo support
    Put T60 battery in my own R61E and the battery functions fine.  Discharge it a bit, put it back in the T60 and it charges but won't run.
    Put my R61E battery in the T60, won't run.
    Have uninstalled and installed the drivers.
    Have checked driver files on the T60 against the driver files on my R40 and all files are the same size and date.
    I have been through the Lenovo boards, but can't find a solution.  I am beginning to think it might be hardware.
    Please say it isn't so.
    Thanks
    Art

It's OK, I'm not a spring chicken myself...
    With that said, it sounds like some of the power circuitry on the T60's motherboard has been damaged. There's really no easy way of fixing this type of issue. Motherboard swap would likely be the least complicated route to take if you can't return the machine.
    Good luck.
    Cheers,
    George
    In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
    Collecting dust: T60
    Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
    Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
    Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

• HT1483 can i buy a new battery from my apple store and will they fit it? UK

Can I buy a new battery from my apple store in the UK and will they fit it?

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities
    They will replace the battery. See > http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/prices/

• Is it true that if you charge your phone on a charger that isn't from apple it will mess up your battery??

Is it true that if you charge your phone on a charger that isn't from apple it will mess up your battery?? I just bought a charger from Hong Kong and I want to make sure my battery is safe

You should only use Apple Approved Chargers.

• I have a HP Pavilion dv4 2145dx laptop. Can I replace its original battery for a 12 cells battery?

The current battery is not working propertly. It is supposed to be a 6 cells battery, but I have heard that a 12 cells battery last much longer. Would you recommend doing that change? what battery should I buy that for sure will fit my laptop? Thanks

Seems to me that your hard drive is gonna fail soon, trying running hard drive diagnostics from the BIOS.
    HP Elite h8-1070T Intel Core i7 2600 12GB RAM AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB Windows 8 Professional 64-bit (Gaming)
    HP DC7900CMT Intel Core 2 Duo 3Ghz 4GB RAM Windows 8 Professional 64-bit (Workstation)
    HP XW4200 Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.6GHz 4GB RAM Windows XP Professional (Home File Server)

• HT1751 im having trouble putting my music on my cell phone from itunes can you assist me in doing so please

im having trouble putting my music on my cell phone from i tunes can you assist me in doing so , please?

Hello Bam-bam20,
    I have a couple of recommendations for you here.
    First if you havent already, I would use the iPhone Troubleshooting Assistant found here http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/phone/ to attempt to resolve the issue.
    Steps one, three, and five to be exact. Here is step 1 to get you started on that:
    Restart iPhone
    To restart iPhone, first turn iPhone off by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until a red slider appears. Slide your finger across the slider and iPhone will turn off after a few moments.
    Next, turn iPhone on by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
    Is iPhone not responding? To reset iPhone, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    If your device does not turn on or displays a red battery icon, try recharging next.
    If the issue persists then I recommend resetting the iPhone:
    Resetting your device
    Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    From: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting
              http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430
    If that does not resolve the issue, I would next try recreating the iTunes library and then try again.
    iTunes: How to re-create your iTunes library and playlists
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1451
    Yabba-Dabba Doo,
    Sterling

• If i keep my computer plugged in all day will that ruin the battery???

if i keep my computer plugged in all day will that ruin the battery???

Absolutely yes, it will ruin it.
    *However if you don’t plan on using it for a few hours, turn it OFF (plugged in or otherwise) ..*You don’t want your Macbook both always plugged in AND in sleep mode       (When portable devices are charging and in the on or sleep position, the current that is drawn through the device is called the parasitic load and will alter the dynamics of charge cycle. Battery manufacturers advise against parasitic loading because it induces mini-cycles.)
    http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html
    "Apple does not recommend leaving your portable plugged in all the time."
    Keeping batteries connected to a charger ensures that periodic "top-ups" do very minor but continuous damage to individual cells, hence Apples recommendation above:   “Apple does not recommend leaving your portable plugged in all the time”, …this is because “Li-ion degrades fastest at high state-of-charge”.
                        This is also the same reason new Apple notebooks are packaged with 50% charges and not 100%.
    Keep it plugged in when near a socket so you keep the charging cycles down on your LiPo (lithium polymer) cells / battery, but not plugged in all the time. When not being used for several hours, turn it off.
    General rule to remember of Lithium batteries is:
    Never drain them LOW  & dont always/often store them HIGH
    While cycle count is commonly seen to be the “miles” on your Lithium Ion pack cell in your Macbook, which they are, this distinction is not a fine line at all, and it is a big misconception to “count charge cycles”
    *A person who has, for example, 300 charge cycles on their battery and is recharging at say 50-60% remaining of a 100% charge has better battery usage and care than another person who has 300 charge cycles at say 15% remaining on a 100% charge. 
    DoD (depth of discharge) is far more important on the wear and tear on your Macbook battery than any mere charge cycle count.  *There is no set “mile” or wear from a charge cycle in general OR in specific.    As such, contrary to popular conception, counting cycles is not conclusive whatsoever, rather the amount of deep DoD on an averaged scale of its use and charging conditions.
                              (as a very rough analogy would be 20,000 hard miles put on a car vs. 80,000 good miles being something similar)
    *Contrary to some myths out there, there is protection circuitry in your Macbook and therefore you cannot overcharge it when plugged in and already fully charged
    LiPo (lithium polymer, same as in your Macbook) batteries do not need conditioning. However...
    A lot of battery experts call the use of Lithium cells the "80% Rule" ...meaning use 80% of the charge or so, then recharge them for longer overall life.
    Never let your Macbook go into shutdown and safe mode from loss of power, you can corrupt files that way, and the batteries do not like it.
    The only quantified abuse seen to Lithium cells are instances when often the cells are repeatedly drained very low…. key word being "often"
    Contrary to what some might say, Lithium batteries have an "ideal" break in period. First ten cycles or so, don't discharge down past 40% of the battery's capacity. Same way you don’t take a new car out and speed and rev the engine hard first 100 or so miles.
    Proper treatment is still important. Just because LiPo batteries don’t need conditioning in general, does NOT mean they dont have an ideal use / recharge environment. Anything can be abused even if it doesn’t need conditioning.
    From Apple on batteries:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1446
    http://www.apple.com/batteries/
    Storing your MacBook
    If you are going to store your MacBook away for an extended period of time, keep it in a cool location (room temperature roughly 22° C or about 72° F). Make certain you have at least a 50% charge on the internal battery of your Macbook if you plan on storing it away for a few months; recharge your battery to 50% or so every six months roughly if being stored away. If you live in a humid environment, keep your Macbook stored in its zippered case to prevent infiltration of humidity on the internals of your Macbook which could lead to corrosion.
    Considerations:
    Your battery is subject to chemical aging even if not in use. A Lithium battery is aging as soon as its made, regardless.
    In a perfect (although impractical) situation, your lithium battery is best idealized swinging back and forth between 20 and 85% SOC (state of charge) roughly.
    Further still how you discharge the battery is far more important than how it is either charged or stored short term, and more important long term that cycle counts.
    Ultimately counting charge cycles is of little importance.  Abuse in discharging (foremost), charging, and storing the battery and how it affects battery chemistry is important and not the ‘odometer’ reading, or cycle counts on the battery. 
    Everything boils down to battery chemistry long term, and not an arbitrary number, or cycle count.
    Keep your macbook plugged in when near a socket since in the near end of long-term life, this is beneficial to the battery.
    Peace

• S12 first impressions - and 3-cell battery question

Hello all,
    I received my Lenovo S12 yesterday - it is replacing a 5 year old Dell 700m.  
    I didn't even boot Windows, but instead directly installed Ubuntu 9.04.  So far everything is working great!
    My only complaint so far is, of course, the lack of trackpoint.  I know it is an IdeaPad, but I still don't understand why Lenovo doesn't put trackpoint on their Netbooks! It would be a major differentiator in a competitive market.
    I really, really want to get a 3-cell battery.  The 6-cell will be great for travelling, but around the house, I would prefer it to be lighter/slimmer.
    I can't find 3 cell black batteries for the S series ANYWHERE.  Is this just a temporary situation?  Anyone want to sell me theirs?
    xnappo
    [EDIT] I found this battery:
    3-Cell???
    Will that work?
    Message Edited by xnappo on 07-11-2009 07:52 AM

Yea, 3 cell is definitely better for daily use. Can you use S10's 3 cell on S12?
    lol my old dell 600m is still there, alive, but I have replaced the hard drive twice and motherboard once. All covered in the warranty.
    Thinkpad T60 widescreen + Idealcentre K300 + S10e.

• Power Manager only charges 8-cell battery upto 36%

This problem is about to drive me insane.
    It's new thinkpad X200 tablet and new 8-cell battery, only having 4 charge-cycle count.
    I've just discoveried this problem when I upgraded to Windows 7 Pro and updated Power manager to V3.05 of my X200 tablet, but since it's on AC power most of time and I've set battery charging only starts when level below 5% and stop at 100%, therefore my battery only being recharged once or twice a week, but whenever it charges from 5%, it will just stop at 36% and display "charging will start when below 5%", so I will have to change the option in "battery maintaince" in Power manager to "alway fully charge" to have the battery 100% charged. But, I don't really want to choose the alway-fully-charge option torepeatly recharge the battery at near 100% since I have only a few occasion during the day where I need to rely solely on the battery, which only consume it down to ~90%.
    I'm not sure whether the problem is due to the new version of power manager which regard my 8-cell battery as 4-cell?( logically, then it should stop at 50%, right?).
    The battery once did charge on the ultrabase, but I can't remember if that was the time when the problem started.
    Full Specification:
    Thinkpad X200 Tablet, 7450-AM7
    SL9400(1.86GHz), 2GB RAM, 160GB 7200rpm HD, 12.1in 1280x800 LCD Touchscreen, Intel X4500HD, Intel 802.11agn wireless, WWAN upgradeable, Bluetooth, Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, Secure chip, Fingerprint reader, 8c Li-Ion
    Thinkpad Power Manager V3.05
    Thinkpad Power Management Driver V1.55

Looks like the bios update is now posted. Please try it.
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70651

• Is there a way of stopping the battery from charging?

Dear Apple Community,
    Recently I installed iStat Menus and found that, over the course of this year, my Macbook's charging capacity has dropped 5%. I know this isn't a massive number, but battery performance has become a concern for me. I use my Macbook as a desktop replacement, on the main. It's sitting on a mStand, connected to a large monitor on my desk. I use my Macbook to play games, surf the internet, do work and all that good stuff - basically, I use it for everything. I rarely use the Macbook without it being plugged in. I read on the Apple website that they do not recommend leaving the Macbook on charge permanently and that I should use it on battery at least one a month. As I use my Macbook as a desktop replacement, I don't actually have a lot of opportunity to do this.
    My question to you, the community, is: is there a way of stopping the battery from charging, either with the use of an app or a physical device? Ideally, I would love to have my power plugged in BUT only used when the battery drops below 10%. Is this possible with an app?
    On the other hand, am I just worrying about nothing? Will my battery be damaged further if I leave the Macbook charging permanently?
    Thanks for your help!
    Jeremy Reid

Ideally, I would love to have my power plugged in BUT only used when the battery drops below 10%. Is this possible with an app?
    The charging characteristics are handled in firmware.  There is no app that would be able to do this.  You actually would not want to do this anyway.  Regularly discharging your battery to 10% will greatly decrease the life of your battery.  While it is true that you should not use your system exclusively plugged in, allowing it to run on battery a few hours a week should be fine.  Letting the battery regularly run down to (or below) 10% will cause you to use up cycles more quickly than is necessary (thereby reducing the life of your battery).  It's really a only a matter of disconnecting your Magsafe connector once in a while.
    Leaving it plugged in does not result in it being charged "permanently".  It will charge until it is full and then charging will stop.  It will only begin recharging when it reaches about 95%.

Maybe you are looking for

• I'm trying to update my iphone 4 to IOS 5.0.1 but there is no space to backup on drive C so i can't continue updating via itunes

iTunes requires about 11 GB space when there is only 500 MB free on local disk C and its all windows stuff i can't delete. how can i update ? my current IOS is 4.3.3 thanks

• Positioning the Calendar Window under a button

Hello, I wanna show that calendar under the button i've pressed. something like here (so like LOVS, they are opened under the button pressed) i tried with this code, in KEY-LISTVAL trigger for that text item declare      pozx number:=get_item_propert

• VARCHAR(byte) and AL32UTF8

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me when we would see issues with VARCHAR columns with byte precision - say VARCHAR2(60 byte), when using the charset AL32UTF8? We have had a few issues, but nothing we can specifically reproduce. I would have as

• Printing bullets problem

Hi I love iWeb, however there are some problems I get aproblem printing my pages from the browser (Safari/firefox etc). It does not look good, but when I print from iWeb it is fine. if you look at: http://www.gestalthuset.se/Ledarutvecklingsprogram.h

• New Mac Pro, EFI 1.5 update is not being applied, repeated reboots

I just unpacked my new Mac Pro (64 bit) and ran through the updates. It's stuck on EFI Update 1.5. It appears to apply, the system reboots a couple of times, but Software Update still says it's available and needs to be applied. Can someone help me f