Will a T61P recovery CD work on a T61?

Unfortunately, I didn't make my own recovery CD (T61)  before it was too late !  A friend owns a T61P and I am wondering if he can generate one on his T61P, and whether it will work on my T61?
Thanks!!!!
Cheers
Edit:  I should say that this is in regard to my earlier posting about "NTLDR is Compressed" message ...  just need access to the recovery console

In a word, yes
Andy  ______________________________________
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
  Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
PepperonI blog 

Similar Messages

• Will Recovery media work for similar laptops?

I have a laptop that has a hard drive that broke.  Another family member has a similar laptop but it is a different model. It looks like both of them probably have the same software so will recovery media work for both of them? The Two laptops are
    L775-S7309
    and
    P775-S7320

Recovery media will work ONLY on exactly the same models.
    C.B.
    Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit--Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 HP SP1 64 Bit and Win 10 PRO Technical Preview--Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit

• My HP Pavilion zv6000 will not boot/recovery

My HP Pavilion zv6000 will not boot/recovery need help

Disconnect the AC Adapter and Battery from the unit. Hold the Power button down for about 15 seconds. Then without the battery being connected, plug in only the AC Adapter on the unit and check if this powers on the unit. You can also try to reseat the RAM on the unit. You can find the removal procedures on the Service and Maintance guide on www.hp.com for your model notebook. In case the notebook does not work after these steps, it could possibly be a hardware issue on the unit.
    Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
    Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

• Will this hard drive work on my T61? Toshiba MK5065GSX

This is the link to the one I want
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/194726
    I could get this instead, Ive seen on a thread here someone fitted it to a T61
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/136790
    There are quiet a few to choose from on that site, the link is below, however I do not know what I need besides it being a SATA. I would ideally like to spend less than £50 but its not a huge deal if its more and I prefer 500gb but 320 is ok.
    http://www.ebuyer.com/search?limit=50&store=2&cat=4&subcat=2274&sort=pricelow&page=1

Yes your first choice will work in your T61. Any 2.5" with 9.5mm height SATA drive should work without problems in your system, you will however only get SATA 1 performance.
    Hope this helps
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• Do user-created recovery disks work with replacement HDD of different capacity?

The original Seagate 250GB SATA HDD in my Pavilion G60-214EM notebook has completely failed (BIOS and other Windows machines cannot even see it). I replaced it with a Samsung 160GB SATA HDD but Recovery Manager on my user-created (DVD-R) recovery disk consistently fails at 2% of "Reformatting  the Windows partition of your hard disk drive". If I look at the resulting partitions from another machine I see a 10.61 GB NTFS 'RECOVERY' partition, an empty active primary NTFS partition of 37.12 GB and 101.31 GB still unallocated.
    Should the user-created recovery disks work if the replacement disk drive is smaller capacity than the original?
    Should they work with a larger capacity replacement drive?
    If not, can HP provide recovery disks that will work with a different capacity HDD?
    Thanks,
    --A

Hi, I am the same predicament as you are From my experience thus far, the replacement disk drive space needs to be bigger or equal to the original HD space. (e.g.. I had a 640 gb OEM HD, I cannot install or factory reset the new 500 gb WD HD because it says its too small...)
    As for question 2, I am going to try to get a 1TB hard drive, though I don't know due to the prices and such. Will post back if I do.
    Question 3: I do not know, someone else may be more knowledgeable:/ 
    Hope this helps!

• Recovery not working, Windows now won't start

I have recently received a Yoga Thinkpad. I was testing the recovery process and the laptop will no longer boot.
    The USB recovery drive I'm using was created on the same laptop, prior to this problem. I disabled secure boot, so that I can boot off it. The recovery process appears to work, but when the laptop reboots, it doesn't see Windows on the HDD and so boots from the recovery drive again. When resetting the PC, selecting "keep the existing partitions" doesn't work - Windows complains about a required drive partition being missing. However, diskpart is showing that the all the partitions are still there (Windows, Windows recovery environment, recovery partition, plus one called SYSTEM_DRV).
    I tried installing a retail copy of Windows, but it won't install since the disk is GPT (and I'm not willing to try completely resetting the disk yet). I've tried restoring the factory keys in the BIOS. I *haven't* yet tried resetting to Setup Mode.
    What else can I try to get the laptop going again?
    I'm guessing if I delete all the the partitions on the disk, recovery might work, but I wanted to check in here first to see if anyone can advise. I've been using the Ultimate Boot CD to have a look around, but not make any changes, since I'm not sure if the tools support GPT disks. I guess dropping to the command-line and using diskpart will do the trick.

I have recently received a Yoga Thinkpad. I was testing the recovery process and the laptop will no longer boot.
    The USB recovery drive I'm using was created on the same laptop, prior to this problem. I disabled secure boot, so that I can boot off it. The recovery process appears to work, but when the laptop reboots, it doesn't see Windows on the HDD and so boots from the recovery drive again. When resetting the PC, selecting "keep the existing partitions" doesn't work - Windows complains about a required drive partition being missing. However, diskpart is showing that the all the partitions are still there (Windows, Windows recovery environment, recovery partition, plus one called SYSTEM_DRV).
    I tried installing a retail copy of Windows, but it won't install since the disk is GPT (and I'm not willing to try completely resetting the disk yet). I've tried restoring the factory keys in the BIOS. I *haven't* yet tried resetting to Setup Mode.
    What else can I try to get the laptop going again?
    I'm guessing if I delete all the the partitions on the disk, recovery might work, but I wanted to check in here first to see if anyone can advise. I've been using the Ultimate Boot CD to have a look around, but not make any changes, since I'm not sure if the tools support GPT disks. I guess dropping to the command-line and using diskpart will do the trick.

• Running mountain lion os 10.8.5 on mac book pro mid 2012 build.  If I upgrade to Mavericks will MS Office programs still work?

I am running mountain lion os 10.8.5 on mac book pro mid 2012 build.  If I upgrade to Mavericks will MS Office programs still work?  There does not appear to be an updated version of MS Office for Mac past 2011 that I bought last year and am using now.  Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Thanks.

Office 2008 and 2011 will run on Mavericks, but you may not be able to get the installer for it at this time.
    (115014)

• Will an Infra-Red Adapter work with a macbook pro retina display so I can use the apple TV remote for presentations?

I have always used the apple TV remote for my presentations.  I bought a retina display last year for the betterment of my presentations and now I have to stand near my computer and hit a button to change my slides where as before I used my remote.  Will a infra-red adapter work with the apple TV remote in the macbook pro retina display?  Love my computer, but very disappointed not to have a remote for presentations that does not need the internet.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Yes, I used that and it works great if you have wireless connection.  Im looking for  a remote that worked like the apple TV remote.  My questions is, "Is there a USB infra-red remote that works with mac.  I have found this one: Keyspan EZ1 easy presenter.  It claims with works with PC and Mac and the reviews are good.  Does anyone know anything about it or if it works with retina display macs?

• Will the old 23" ACD work with the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapte

Will the old 23" ACD work with the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter and the new MacBook Pro?
    Apple Store says it is for the 30" only.
    Thanks ... Ken

I'm not so sure about that. I'd say the jury's still out until someone gets one and tries to use it single-link.

• After upgrading to ios 8.1.1 my ipad 4 camera doesnt work i just got blank screen, but i still can use it for facetime, i supposed after upgrading to ios 8.1.2 it will fix but it doesnt work. i cannot restore to ios 7. hopefully, any suggestion to co

after upgrading to ios 8.1.1 my ipad 4 camera doesnt work i just got blank screen, but i still can use it for facetime, i supposed after upgrading to ios 8.1.2 it will fix but it doesnt work. i cannot restore to ios 7. hopefully, any suggestion to correct it?  thank you

Hello pichastos,
    Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
    To troubleshoot this issue where your camera is displaying a black screen, please follow the information outlined below.
    You see a closed lens or black screen
    If you see a closed lens or black screen when you open the Camera app, try these steps:
    Make sure that there’s nothing blocking the camera lens. If you’re using a case, try removing it.
    Force the app to close, then open the Camera app again.
    Restart your device, then open the Camera app again.
    If your device has a front and rear camera, try both cameras by tapping  (camera swap icon). If you see the closed lens or black screen on only one camera, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.
    Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
    Take care,
    Alex H.

• TS1368 Have downloaded the latest version of ITunes and now i get "Incompatable Application" I tunes will no longer open. have worked my way through FAQ and help to no avail. What am i doing wrong? currently running windows 7.

Have downloaded the latest version of ITunes and now i get "Incompatable Application" I tunes will no longer open. have worked my way through FAQ and help to no avail. What am i doing wrong? currently running windows 7.

Have downloaded the latest version of ITunes and now i get "Incompatable Application" I tunes will no longer open. have worked my way through FAQ and help to no avail. What am i doing wrong? currently running windows 7.

• Will Elements 10 Item #65136385 work with Windows Vista?

Will Elements 10 Item #65136385 work with Windows Vista? I found this on Amazon.com but it lists operatingsystems only for Windows 7 and I have Vista 64 bit. Can I use this as an upgrade from Elements 7?
    Thnaks.

Here is the version that does not list Vista as one of it's compatible operating systems
    http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-65136385-Photoshop-Elements-10/dp/B005MMMT6E
    Am I understanding it right....all versions on PSE 10 should work on Vista (as an upgrade frome PSE 7)?
    Thanks.

• Will ipod touch 4 gen work with windows vista service pack 1?

Will ipod touch 4 gen work with vista service pack 1?

All Apple says is:
    PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
    Does it work/sync with SP1?
    Why not update to latest Vista?

• Will DM v4.2.2 work with a new BB Storm?

I have been trying -- and failing -- for two weeks now to "fix" Desktop Manager v4.7 so that it will sync with my new Storm.  One error after another.  I've tried every single "solution" I could find on BlackBerry.com and CrackBerry.com and absolutely nothing works.  DM v4.7 simply will not permit me to CONFIGURE synchronization, let alone actually synchronize a thing.  With no contacts or calendar on the Storm, it's worth less than a bad cell phone.
    I'm running on XP Pro SP3, Office 2003.  Several folks have reported that downgrading to DM v4.2.2 has solved a lot problems they've had with v4.7.  My question is simple: will DM v4.2.2 work with a new Storm or am I just destined for another failure experience if I go to the time and trouble of clean un-installing v4.7 (yet again!?!?!) and downloading/installing v4.2.2?  If v4.2.2 won't work, is there ANY other version of DM that will work with a Storm or is v4.7 the only show in town?  (If it is, the show just closed.  iPhone, here I come.)  Would appreciate any advice and counsel you can give me.  Thank you!

You're welcome. Apple does sell camera connection devices for lightning connectors so you can look into that if you want to.

• Ipod touch will not connect to itunes @ work computer, but will connect to itunes @ home computer? why won't itunes see my ipod at work?

ipod touch will not connect to itunes @ work computer, but will connect to itunes @ home computer? why won't itunes see my ipod at work?

Try here:
    iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X
    Mac OS X v10.6 or later: iOS device not recognized in iTunes after restart

Maybe you are looking for

• Help!!! Locked out of DC with disabled AD directory Service !!!!

Hi there, I believe I just entered into the biggest hole ... Was planning to p2v of a DC and read online to stop and "disable" all AD services. Disable I did, and after installation of convertor software, windows updates I mistakenly did a reboot!!.

• Navigation is not working in forwarded page

HI , I am forwarding one jsp formatted JSF page to other page . index.jsp to home.jsp like <jsp:forward page="jsf/home.jsp"/> .I am having some af:commandImagelink in home.jsp page which is navigating to other pages .When I am accessing the home.jsp

• Help Making a Game Like Pokémon Trading Card Game.

Hello! Im kinda new into making games in flash. And im trying hard to make a Game like the Pokemon TCG and i can't find anything on the internet that helps, so can't someone teach me how to do a game like that. Thanks!

• Batching In Illustrator??

In PhotoShop CS3, you can select File/Automate/Batch, and run an Action on an entire folder.  I don't see that option in Illustrator CS3?  Is there a way to run an action on an entire folder? I'm attempting to save many EPS images as PNG images, and

• Best Practice guide for purchasing - payment card processing

Hello All, \Is there any Best Practice guide for “Payments by credit card”/ “Payment card Processing”. The biz process is: The purchasing department users purchase goods/services using their corporate credit cards. They obtain a credit card voucher/r