Will T7700 intel CPU work in a T61?

Will CPU work without any major upgrades? Also, what is the max mem RAM
alllowed in T61? Seller is telling me only 3gb but web says upto 6(?)
Thanks all!
Solved!
Go to Solution.

Welcome to the Forum!
yes, T7700 (2.4GHZ) CPU is a Merom processor and compatible with any T61 or T61p. If you encounter a blank screen upon installing the T7700 CPU, then you may need to update your BIOS. However, I would not recommend updating BIOS unless absolutely necessary as a failed BIOS update can brick your computer.
As for maximum memory, T61 can definitely take 2x 4GB= 8GB total DDR2 RAM despite the outdated documentation, (see here for example), which may lead some to believe it is limited to 6GB or 4GB. If you install a 32-bit operating system you will be limited to a little over 3GB. You will need a 64-bit operating system to access the full 8GB.
Have a great day. (I do not work for Lenovo)

Similar Messages

• Will this hard drive work on my T61? Toshiba MK5065GSX

This is the link to the one I want
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/194726
    I could get this instead, Ive seen on a thread here someone fitted it to a T61
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/136790
    There are quiet a few to choose from on that site, the link is below, however I do not know what I need besides it being a SATA. I would ideally like to spend less than £50 but its not a huge deal if its more and I prefer 500gb but 320 is ok.
    http://www.ebuyer.com/search?limit=50&store=2&cat=4&subcat=2274&sort=pricelow&page=1

Yes your first choice will work in your T61. Any 2.5" with 9.5mm height SATA drive should work without problems in your system, you will however only get SATA 1 performance.
    Hope this helps
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• Will the Intel SSD work with my particular computer

I am considering installing an Intel® - OEM X25-M Mainstream 80GB Internal Serial ATA II Solid State Hard Drive in my MacBook Pro 2.2 ghz Intel Duo Core computer (late 2007 model) and I am wondering if it will be compatible and if anyone has had any experience with installing an SSD in an earlier MacBook Pro. Current hard drive is a Hitachi 160GB 5400 rpm drive with less than 1/4 of capacity used. I tried Google and I have gotten conflicting info. I am wondering if there is any issues with the above mentioned drive with older MacBook pros.

I believe it should work fine.
    Check out the new remodeled MacOSG website! 24-hour Apple-related news & support.
     MacOSG: An Apple User Group  iTunes: MacOSG Podcast  Follow us on Twitter: MacOSG

• Upgrading Wifi-card in T420s ... will an Intel 6300 work? Other recommendations? Modded BIOS?

Hi all,
    My trusty T420s (4172-CTO) has been rock solid for years but recently has started having issues with wifi disconnects. I've tried multiple wifi drivers, flashing my router firmware, even a new router. Nothing has helped. I am left with the conclusion that my card (Intel 6250) has got to go.
    I am familiar with the whitelisting issue, but was wondering if there was a card I could use instead that would work without a bios mod. I checked the HMM and saw that the Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300, FRU 60Y3233, is listed for my application. I can get one on ebay fairly cheap. But, I see the 6300 has three antennas, not two like my 6250. Does this mean it won't work in my T420s? Would I just leave one of them disconnected? Which one?
    Is there another card, already whitelisted, that would work?
    Failing this option, I will go with another card (Intel 7260 unless somone has a better idea) and a modded BIOS. I have found a couple of forums and threads that walk through the process (and provide the BIOSes) but if someone has a recommendation for a site/service to use, I'd appreciate a heads up via PM as I can see such discussion isn't likely weclcome publicly.
    Thanks, all.
    -kj-
    T440p | Core i7 4700MQ @ 2.4 ghz | 8 GB | Samsung 840 EVO 240gb SSD | 14" | Intel HD Graphics | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean "2.4 GHz WiFi reliability is a hit or miss"?
    Warranty is over so no problem there.
    I see a lot of 7260 cards, is there one in specific I need? Example:
    http://goo.gl/PKcRIU
    http://goo.gl/ooaUEw
    N would actually be fine, don't really need AC, recently upgraded my router and don't feel compelled to change...the price difference is small, and I'm all for future-proofing, but, I just need the thing to WORK.
    Thanks again.
    -kj-
    T440p | Core i7 4700MQ @ 2.4 ghz | 8 GB | Samsung 840 EVO 240gb SSD | 14" | Intel HD Graphics | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

• Will a Quicksilver cpu work in a Sawtooth?

I have a chance to get a Quicksilver processor (733) with heatsink and all for pretty cheap, but I don't know if it will even work in my Sawtooth.
    Also, what about a cpu from a MDD G4?
    Thanks in advance,
    Matt

Hi Matt
    A CPU from a MDD won't work due to the architectural differences (DDR RAM etc). A CPU from a QuickSilver can be made to work although I believe there are a number of issues. I expect Hussein could provide much more information, but the CPU daughter card from a QuickSilver requires a 12 volt feed to one of the securing screws. Also the bus multipler for the QuickSilver 733MHz processor will be set to 5.5 (5.5 x 133MHz = 733MHz). On a Sawtooth with a 100MHz bus, this would presumably cause the processor to run at only 550MHz. You could change the bus multiplier, but this involves adding and/or removing resistors. I believe there may also be issues with the larger QuickSilver heatsink not fitting properly, although I'm sure Hussein could provide you with more details.
    I hope this helps a little.

• Will newest intel drivers work on my Z77A-G45 Mobo

Hi so i seen over at the win 8 forums i go to they have a new intel chipset driver that just came out found over here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=816&DwnldID=20775&ProductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Chipset+Software+Installation+Utility&lang=eng  was wondering if these newest drivers will work on my MSI Z77A-G45 motherboard figured i would update them to the more curent ones if they would work??.

OK thought so and yeah you are right my system is using that rapid storage driver i went in there and it gives me status of drives and also what drivers version its using so i won't touch it , so should i just remove this intel smart stuff  its the latest one it looks like it auto updates itself lol.

• HT201364 Upgrading from 10.7 to 10.9 on MBP 3GB memory Intel CPU - Will it work?

I'm told by the guru at one of the Apple shops my MBP will not support maverick.  But the various resources advise if it has an Intel CPU it should!  So before I race off and upgrade, could someone in Apple assure me it will work!
    I upgraded to Lion before Christmas and have lost the use of MacOffice, thus before I buy Pages and Numbers which I'm told now only work on Maverick, I need assurances!
    Having used Apple products for a few years now as you can see below, in general I've been quite satisfied, but this lack of cross product/version compatibility is unprofessional in the extreme.  Understand the marketing and sales rationale for it, but I hate being a victim to compartmentalised product strategies.
    Your advice most welcom.

Not all Intel processors will meet Mavericks requirements. The complete list of eligible models is below.
    To install Mavericks, you need one of these Macs:
    iMac (Mid-2007 or later)
    MacBook (13-inch Aluminum, Late 2008), (13-inch, Early 2009 or later)
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid-2009 or later),
    MacBook Pro (15-inch or 17-inch, Mid/Late 2007 or later)
    MacBook Air (Late 2008 or later)
    Mac mini (Early 2009 or later)
    Mac Pro (Early 2008 or later)
    Xserve (Early 2009)
    Your Mac also needs:
    OS X Mountain Lion, Lion, or Snow Leopard v10.6.8 already installed
    2 GB or more of memory
    8 GB or more of available space

• Will Power PC software work on Intel?

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a used intel imac duo - I have a 17" G4 PB - will all the software I have on my old system work on the intel machine? Why do I now see versions labeled Universal OR Power PC?
    Thanks,
    JHF
    17" G4 Powerbook   Mac OS X (10.4.9)  

Hi JHF
    Most applications written for the PowerPC will work correctly on an Intel Mac, thanks to a background feature called Rosetta, which translates the PPC code for the Intel CPU. However, this code will still not be optimised for Intel, and so some apps will see a slowdown in performance. This slowdown will vary between applications. For example, Adobe Creative Suite 2 generally performs poorly on Intel Macs.
    Universal versions have been rewritten to make use of both types of processor, and will generally run better on Intel Macs than the non-Universal version.
    Matt

• Will a 510 intel SSD work with MacBook Pro?

Coulnd't find anyone who has tried this. I am trying to update my crappy harddrive which is on the edge of dying and want to go SSD to speed up the performance and boot times.
    Will an intel 510 series SSD work with my 2.4GHz intel core duo / DDr3 15.4" (late 2008) model.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3382?viewlocale=en_US#11
    11. How is the Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter different from the Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter?
    The Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter works best with displays that operate at dual-link resolutions, which are resolutions above 1920 x 1200. For displays that do not support dual-link DVI resolutions (displays that operate at resolutions of 1920 x 1200 or lower) you should use the Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter instead.
    12. Which monitors work with the Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter?
    Use the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter to connect your computer to a 30-inch display that includes a dual-link DVI connector, such as the Apple Cinema HD Display. Note: For such displays, be sure to connect the USB connection on the adapter to the USB port on your Mac; also connect the USB connection from the display to the USB port on the adapter.

• To The Above Post: Will this CPU work with this MOBO.....

Just a FYI the Link for the CPU compatibility checker 404s when I click on it.

he means that sticky topic "Will this CPU work on my board?" ==>  "https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=129204.0"
    some of the links there are invalid
    EDIT: I've corrected them

• Will Photoshop Elements 10 work on an iMac with an Intel Dual Core processor?

Will Photoshop Elements 10 work on an iMac with an Intel Dual Core processor?

Thanks Vikrant.
    I have an iMac with the following:
    Model Name:          iMac
      Model Identifier:          iMac8,1
      Processor Name:          Intel Core 2 Duo
      Processor Speed:          2.4 GHz
      Number Of Processors:          1
      Total Number Of Cores:          2
      L2 Cache:          6 MB
      Memory:          1 GB
      Bus Speed:          1.07 GHz
      Boot ROM Version:          IM81.00C1.B00
      SMC Version (system):          1.29f1
    When I insert disc 3 to install it just makes some odd noises and spits the disc out!
    Perversly Disc 1 for Windows it reads...

• How well will a 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.0GHz Quad-core Intel i7 work with Final Cut Pro X for video editing 4K

How well will a 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.0GHz Quad-core Intel i7 work with Final Cut Pro X for video editing 4K

It will work just fine. I would max out the RAM

• Will a T61P recovery CD work on a T61?

Unfortunately, I didn't make my own recovery CD (T61)  before it was too late !  A friend owns a T61P and I am wondering if he can generate one on his T61P, and whether it will work on my T61?
    Thanks!!!!
    Cheers
    Edit:  I should say that this is in regard to my earlier posting about "NTLDR is Compressed" message ...  just need access to the recovery console

In a word, yes
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• Will an Intel Core i7 620m work in a Macbook Pro 13

I'm considering getting a MacBook Pro 13". But I already have an Intel Core i7 620m processor in my current laptop. Will this i7 processor work with a Pro?

Navweb3620 wrote:
    I'm considering getting a MacBook Pro 13". But I already have an Intel Core i7 620m processor in my current laptop. Will this i7 processor work with a Pro?
    Hi: The processors in MacBooks and MacBook Pros can not be upgraded/changed.
    Stedman

• Flash player 10.3.181.14 requires intel pentium 4 2.33ghz,I have  intel CPU T2080@1.73ghz processor

I am trying to use Adobe Flash player at home to simply surf the web. For a long time I've been getting prompts to update Flash Player and however much I updated it the prompts kept on poping up. This got so frustrating I decided i'd try to fix the problem once and for all. So I checked the system requirements Adobe recommend for the update I had been downloading and found one of the minimum requirements to be an intel pentium 4 2.33ghz processor. I checked my system and I have only an intel CPU [email protected] processor. My question is, does this explain why I am having so many problems? I've tried to download an earlier version of Flash Player but I always get redirected to the 10.3.181.14 version. How it has come to this I am not quite sure but I must admit I have removed the Flash Player from my computer at the moment and I'm worried that it was a mistake because will I ever get a working version again? I am running Windows Vista 32bit and Internet Explorer 8 32bit. I am out of my depth so please be gentle!

You might have better luck if you post your question in the Flash Player forum...
    http://forums.adobe.com/community/webplayers/flash_player

Maybe you are looking for

• Large 1.7 gig file fails on server error with new CC desktop app

Repeated attempts to upload a large 1.7 gig PDF fail. Is there a size limit for uploads? I have a fast Internet connection which works fine.

• Using BSEG-OBZEI

Hi! In owr SAP ERP system (version SAP ECC 6.0) field OBZEI in table BSEG is empty after posting material document and incoming invoice (MM). I want to fill it manually using SAP extensions, for exapmle BAdI. Is it possible problem with reversing (ca

• ABAP client proxy wildcard/unicode problem

Hello, i have an abap client proxy. The target system is a non sap system. For one input field of the request, a wildcard search is possible (with sign %, field type = string). If i exceute the proxywith the wildcard sign '%' i get following error me

• N8 - Reset device, lost contacts, map & cant get o...

hi just got an n8. It was unresponsive on music and video player, could not find files etc. Also used battery up in about 6 hrs. I did a reset of the phone (cant remember how exactly but i held down menu volume and power for a few secs). phone is now

• Oracle Secure Backup with partitioned SL3000

A Client has a partitioned SL3000 tape library with two Access Expansion Modules, T10000D drives, LTO6 drives and dual robotics. Three Partitions - one for SAMFS including one AEM - this partition works fine. Two partitions created for OSB - one for