Windows 7 for T400

From what I read on the forum, there is quite of issues that has not been resolved. So my question is... should I stick with my Windows Vista 32bit or is Windows 7 worth updating?
Solved!
Go to Solution.

i lost around 30 to 40 minutes battery time between Vista business and win 7 ultimate. I think you would lose slightly more battery with the win 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Regards,
Jin Li
May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Similar Messages

• Updated Drivers / Proper OpenGL Support for T400/T500 Models with Switchable Graphics

Dear Lenovo, Dear interested users,
    when will an updated switchable graphics driver for Windows Vista (and also Win7, they are both quite outdated) finally be available? The drivers are completely outdated!
    With the current driver for Windows Vista (Version 8.563.2.1-090401a-079160C) only a fraction of OpenGL extensions are supported:
    The internal Intel GMA 4500MHD can only Handle OpenGL 1.1 (instead of OpenGL 2.1 it is certified for). Therefore most applications needing OpenGL won't run.
    The dedicated ATI Radeon 3470 only supports OpenGL 2.1 (instead of OpenGL 3.1 it is certified for).
    You can verify this behavior with the utility "OpenGL Extensions Viewer".
    I hope Lenovo didn't close the chapter switchable graphics for T400/T500 systems. It would be a shame for a company claiming to be a leader in business computing to deliver such poor driver-support.
    In hopeful expectance of updated drivers,
    Patrick

I'm having the same problems.  Is anyone reading this?

• IPhone 6Plus on every reboot after putting in my password it opens to a small window asking for apple id password

everything works on phone and wow it's big compared to my iPhone 5s. went with space grey since i have had 3 white phones in a row. restored via iCloud backup. updated iTunes as i have about 3,000 songs. 250 bought the rest ripped to AAC from my cc's....what a pain but switched from my windows desktop to this new rMBP late 2013 for xmas and iTunes is slightly different on a mac than windows and where everything is stored on drive.
    anyhow problem is every time i reboot after putting in my password and arriving at whatever page i left at i get a very small window asking for my Apple id password. Now the top half is pre filled in with the email address i use for iCloud/itunes/apple/etc.
    i did see in settings there is a checkmark i cannot remove that says for apple password "ask immediately" there are no other choices. it can't be unchecked by any method i found.
    any help appreciated.

In case anyone else gets this I hit cancel once and it has never come back.

• Issue in FF v 3.6.10: I have a page which have more than 20 link, clicking on these link opens up a popup using window.showModalDialog, for the first 20 popup opens up without any prob but for the 21st n more click it block the popup and do not open.

Issue in FF v 3.6.10: I have a web page which have more than 20 link, clicking on each of these link opens up a pop-up using window.showModalDialog, for the first consecutive 20 popup opens up without any prob but for the 21st n more click it block the popup and do not open. This is m problem, the real user on the web page can click on more than 20 link in such a scenario it may create problem, please help

Your above posted system details show outdated plugin(s) with known security and stability risks.
    *Shockwave Flash 9.0 r999
    Update the [[Managing the Flash plugin|Flash]] plugin to the latest version.
    *http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
    In Firefox 3.6 and later versions you need the Next-Generation Java™ Plug-In present in Java 6 U10 and later (Linux: libnpjp2.so; Windows: npjp2.dll).
    http://java.com/en/download/faq/firefox_newplugin.xml
    See also http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/install/jre/manual-plugin-install-linux.html

• I recently built a new windows PC for the first time. My (new) wife and I both have itunes accounts, which we would like to use under different windows accounts on same PC. However, when I try to download my wife's songs it gives me an error.

I am recently married to a wonderful woman and just built a windows PC for the first time. The idea was that we would (sorta) both be able to get a new computer out of it as we would each have a different account under windows. One of the first tasks was to migrate over our iTunes libraries. I did mine with no problem, but now that I'm try to do hers, I'm getting an error message saying "if you download past purchases with your Apple ID, you cannot auto-download or download purchases with a different Apple ID for 90 days."
    What's the best solution for this? I want my wife to be able to use the new computer under her windows account just like it's her new computer, to the extent possible. I don't want our two iTunes accounts to be fighting each other and causing problems because they are on the same physical machine. What to do? Surely this can't be the first time this has happened - where two people each want to have their own iTunes account on the same computer.
    This is the latest version of iTunes (12.0.1.26) running on Windows 8.1.

Drrhythm2 wrote:
    What's the best solution for this? I
    Copy the entire /Music/iTunes/ folder from her old compouter to /Music/ in her account on this new computer.

• How do I exchange CS5.5 Windows version for a Mac version?

I bought the downloadable online student version of Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 (windows version) over 2 years ago.  I just bought a Mac and would like to re-install CS but according to Adobe website, I need to exchange the windows version for mac version but since I don't have the most current version of CS (CS6?) I actually have to purchase an upgrade to CS6 first in order to exchange the windows version for mac. Does anyone know how to do this and how much it is going to cost?  I found instructions online that led me to a form that was a little vague and confusing so if anyone knows another way to go about doing this let me know!  Also, I don't think my membership allows me the privilege of actually speaking to someone in customer service. 

contact adobe support by clicking this link and then clicking 'still need help' as soon as it appears, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

• I have a windows vision for Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Standard, Can I use same serial number as

I have a windows vision for Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Standard, Can I use same serial number with Mac?

Unfortunately, no. Creative Suite serial numbers are platform specific: Windows only or Mac only.

• How can I create a windows scheduler for shutdown my system in network?

Hello.
    I want to create a windows scheduler for shutdown my system in a specific time but it can't let me to create it. I used below link to create a task but when I click on Finish it show me an error about permission. I used administrator account too but
    got same error.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Automatically-Shut-Down-Your-Computer-at-a-Specified-Time
    Thank you.

Hello,
    Can you try opening Task Scheduler as Administrator :
    Right-click on "Task Scheduler" shortcut and select "Run as administrator
    Regards,
    Régis

• Window size for day, week, month

In Tiger you could have a unique window size for the day view, week view, and month view. Is this option gone with Leopard? I liked viewing my day, week, and month in different size windows just by clicking on the buttons and having it go to that view.

Hi..
    try below code.
      CALL FUNCTION 'FLTP_CHAR_CONVERSION_FROM_SI'
    EXPORTING
    char_unit       = <W_MMPT-ZYKL1>
    decimals        = 0
    exponent        = 0
    fltp_value_si   = <W_MMPT-ZEIEH >
    indicator_value = ‘X’
    masc_symbol     = ' '
    IMPORTING
    char_value      = <res__number_days>.
    regards.
    laxman

• Multiple drag emails from Mail to a finder window and for it to name the files as the subject heading

Hi
    I have been using Mac's now for about 10 years and this is my first problem.
    I have recently moved into an office that use PC's with a Windows server.
    I have set up the network to transfer files and view the windows server and it  works fine.
    I have a problem in that my colleagues on PC need to be able to view my emails which I send and receive using Mail. They therefore need to have logical title names and the date sent and ideally who to or from. I view them and archive them using Mail which is fine for me.
    I understand about the archiving and copying of mailboxes but this gives every email the un-fathomable title name 9944847 etc.
    I can get round the problem by dragging and dropping every email I send and receive individually and it will automatically give it a more logical title of the subject heading however the date is when it was dragged not when sent. This is a pain if I am away or forget to save an email for a day or two and then the date is inconsistent.
    Is there a way to batch copy emails from Mail to a finder window and for it to name the files as the subject heading or to archive the files in a similar way so they retain the detailed information my colleagues require.
    And no I can not get to all change to Mac and I don't really fancy using Outlook, Entourage or Parallels.
    Please help.
    Toby

Quit Mail. Force quit if necessary.
    Back up all data. That means you know you can restore the Mail database, no matter what happens.
    Triple-click the text on the line below to select it:
    ~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData/Envelope Index
    Copy the selected text to the Clipboard (command-C). In the Finder, select
    Go ▹ Go to Folder
    from the menu bar. Paste into the box that opens (command-V), then press return.
    A Finder window will open with a file selected. Move the selected file to the Desktop, leaving the window open. Other files in the folder may have names that begin with "Envelope Index". Move those files, if any, to the Trash. Relaunch Mail. It should prompt you to re-import your messages. You may get a warning that the index is corrupt and that Mail has to quit. Click OK.
    Test. If Mail now works as expected, you can delete the file you moved to the Desktop. If you get a warning that the file is in use when you try to empty the Trash, log out and log back in.

• Claims debacle (error) with Term Store: "Could not retrieve a valid windows identity" for all sites in a particular web app.

When I pull up the Term store in CA or any MySite collection, it works.
    When I do so in any other site collection (HNSCs, incidentally), It doesn't return any term stores.
    My ULS log immediately before and after the "/_vti_bin/taxonomyinternalservice.json/CheckPermission" POST on termstore .aspx triggers the WCF call:
    Claims Authentication af30y Verbose Claims Windows Sign-In: Successfully signed-in the the user 'contoso\domainUser' for request url 'https://sp13-root-prd.contoso.com/_vti_bin/taxonomyinternalservice.json/CheckPermission'.
    Claims Authentication af30q Verbose Updating header 'LOGON_USER' with value '0#.w|contoso\domainUser' for the request url 'https://sp13-root-prd.contoso.com/_vti_bin/taxonomyinternalservice.json/CheckPermission'.
    Authentication Authorization agb9s Medium Non-OAuth request. IsAuthenticated=True, UserIdentityName=0#.w|contoso\domainUser, ClaimsCount=77
    Logging Correlation Data xmnv Medium Site=/
    Topology e5mc Medium WcfSendRequest: RemoteAddress: 'http://CONTOSOFE3:32843/00e6d55691824965ac223f1d1cfae6d2/MetadataWebService.svc' Channel: 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Taxonomy.IMetadataWebServiceApplication' Action: 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/taxonomy/soap/IDataAccessReadOnly/GetChanges2' MessageId: 'urn:uuid:590e916c-c89a-4f89-9819-a82c97fabcaa'
    Claims Authentication bz7l Medium SPSecurityContext: Could not retrieve a valid windows identity for username 'contoso\domainUser' with UPN '[email protected]'. UPN is required when Kerberos constrained delegation is used. Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: WTS0003: The caller is not authorized to access the service. (Fault Detail is equal to An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: WTS0003: The caller is not authorized to access the service. at Microsoft.IdentityModel.WindowsTokenService.CallerSecurity.CheckCaller(WindowsIdentity callerIdentity) at Microsoft.IdentityModel.WindowsTokenService.S4UServiceContract.PerformLogon(Func`1 logonOperation, Int32 pid) at SyncInvokeUpnLogon(Object , Object[] , Object[] ) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet))..
    Claims Authentication g220 Unexpected No windows identity for contoso\domainUser.
    The "The caller is not authorized to access the service." message seems pertinent.
    Both web apps are using only NTLM auth.
    The url for both web apps ends in the same contoso.com domain. 
    I get the same errors no matter what account I use, including the install account.
    Things I've tried:
    Deleting and building a new HNSC root web app and site. Error happens in all sites in all web apps except the PBSC hosting MySites.
    Giving the root site app pool identity full control of the metadata service app (even though the MySite identitiy doesn't have it)
    Giving the root site app pool identity full permissions on the metadata service app.
    Comparing database and web app config permissions between dev (where everything works perfectly) and prod (where it does not).
    Made sure IIS auth settings on both sites are identical
    Both sites are using the same SSL certificate (though the call to the web service appears to be http)
    Reprovisioned the metadata service app with a new database and new app pool identity.
    Made sure C2WT is running. Tried it with the service stopped as well.
    Web.configs are identical between working and non-working apps.
    I'm stumped but still Googling. I'm hoping to avoid having to call Micrososft. Any help would be appreciated!
    UPDATE:
    Interestingly, when I restored the web application from backup (via CA), I ended up with 3 identical "Windows Authentication" authentication providers assigned to the problem web app. Since there was more than one, I was directed to the provider-chooser
    page when visiting the site. Upon choosing 1 of the 3, I was authenticated, and *poof*, no more authentication errors and the term store loaded term sets as expected.
    Of course, 3 providers was not an ideal state, so I grabbed the one that worked (#1) via get-spauthenticationprovider, and assigned it to the web app via set-spwebapplication, and my problem returned.
    I am currently updating the farm to SP1 from June 2013 CU. Fingers crossed.
    Update:
    The update to SP1 went smoothly, but did not resolve the issue. Also related (I believe) are the random authentication errors when trying to upload images to some libraries, and 401-errors on the accessdenied.aspx page itself.
    Update:
    The problem is resolved, seemingly after making 4 changes. I'm trying to narrow down which change was the cure, if any:
    I installed SP1 on all 6 servers, rebooted and upgraded. This appeared to have no effect.
    Removed an old login from SQL that no longer existed in AD because of this ULS error:
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The user or group contoso\svc_xxxxxxxxx' is unknown., StackTrace:    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.GetFullNameFromLoginEx(String loginName, Boolean&
    bIsDL)
    This login was the identity of the application pool that used to run the web app in question.
    This login was the schema owner of a schema named after itself on every SharePoint database so I changed the schema owner to dbo but left the schema attached.
    The problem may have surfaced initially when the app pool identity was changed in CA, but went unnoticed?
    Note that the web app had been deleted and recreated many times with a new identity and pool to no avail, but the URL remained the same throughout each attempted fix. Relevant?
    Grasping at straws, I changed the app pool identity for this web app to the same one that runs the MySite web app pool as per this only slightly related problem: http://www.planetsharepoint.org/m/preview.php?id=372&rid=34764&author=Vlad+Catrinescu
    I changed the authentication method from NTLM to Negotiate.
    I am rolling back #3 and #4 to see if the issue resurfaces.
    Update:
    It doesn't appear to have been the NTLM/Negotiate setting. Web app is currently set to NTLM and all is well. No strange accessdenies, and term Store is still manageable from all sites.
    Update: Sorry for the delay. I am administering 6 farms these days. Will update as soon as the final phase of rollbacks happens.
    I think I can. I think I can.

maybe that web app was accidentally created with classic auth?
    here's an example of how to create claims based, with classic, and then "doing 2013" claims
    #Create the example web application, as mentioned above, either with gui, and pick later, or
    New-SPWebApplication-ApplicationPool$applicationPool-ApplicationPoolAccount$serviceAcct-Name$WebApp-Port
    -databaseName$contentDB-securesocketslayer
    #If doing for 2013
    New-SPWebApplication-ApplicationPool$applicationPool-ApplicationPoolAccount$serviceAcct-Name$WebApp-Port
    -AuthenticationProvider(new-spauthenticationprovider)
    -databaseName$contentDB-secureSocketsLayer

• Update DISM in WinPE, Windows ADK for Windows 8.1 Update

Windows ADK for Windows 8.1 Update, creates WinPE with DISM version 6.3.9600.16384.
    Latest build of Windows 8.1 Pro Build 9600, dated 22/11/2014, has DISM version 6.3.9600.17031.
    Have run the Windows ADK setup again, but says NO Updates available.
    Have created listings of all the DISM files in WinPE and Windows 8.1, but reluctant to copy files across, as I assume that registration / registry changes are also required.
    Does anyone know how we can update the version of DISM in WinPE to 6.3.9600.17031?
    Thanks, John

DISM files in Windows 8.1...
    WIN-P1V1BFHNLTV C:\Windows\dism*
    Sun 19/04/2015 19:02:12.11 Administrator RNDIR 1.5.2.49 10-Apr-2015 C:\Windows\dism*
    C:\Windows\Logs\DISM
    C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    C:\Windows\Prefetch\DISM.EXE-D9E524DA.pf
    C:\Windows\Prefetch\DISMHOST.EXE-598C5A9E.pf
    C:\Windows\System32\Dism
    C:\Windows\System32\Dism.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\DismApi.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\Dism\DismCore.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\Dism\DismCorePS.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\Dism\DismHost.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\Dism\DismProv.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\Dism\en-US\DismCore.dll.mui
    C:\Windows\System32\Dism\en-US\DismProv.dll.mui
    C:\Windows\System32\en-US\Dism.exe.mui
    C:\Windows\System32\en-US\DismApi.dll.mui
    C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Dism
    C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Dism\Dism.Format.ps1xml
    C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Dism\Dism.psd1
    C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Dism\Dism.psm1
    C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Dism\Dism.Types.ps1xml
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Dism
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Dism.exe
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DismApi.dll
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Dism\DismCore.dll
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Dism\DismCorePS.dll
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Dism\DismHost.exe
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Dism\DismProv.dll
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Dism\en-US\DismCore.dll.mui
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Dism\en-US\DismProv.dll.mui
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\Dism.exe.mui
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\DismApi.dll.mui
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Dism
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Dism\Dism.Format.ps1xml
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Dism\Dism.psd1
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Dism\Dism.psm1
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Dism\Dism.Types.ps1xml
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..anagement.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_en-us_cac7f03ebc6b27c5\Dism.exe.mui
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..cing-management-api_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_97b32ab0331d7369\DismApi.dll
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..ement-api.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_en-us_0393f46435b92988\DismApi.dll.mui
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..ervicing-management_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_4f9af566e17dbc2c\Dism.exe
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..ing-management-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_1c257853fe906c1a\DismCore.dll
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..ing-management-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_1c257853fe906c1a\DismCorePS.dll
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..ing-management-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_1c257853fe906c1a\DismHost.exe
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..ing-management-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_1c257853fe906c1a\DismProv.dll
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..ment-core.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.16384_en-us_02b013759532eb99\DismCore.dll.mui
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..ment-core.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.16384_en-us_02b013759532eb99\DismProv.dll.mui
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..nagement-powershell_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_9ce1bd3c3df000d6\Dism.Format.ps1xml
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..nagement-powershell_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_9ce1bd3c3df000d6\Dism.psd1
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..nagement-powershell_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_9ce1bd3c3df000d6\Dism.psm1
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..nagement-powershell_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_9ce1bd3c3df000d6\Dism.Types.ps1xml
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-d..anagement.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_en-us_6ea954bb040db68f\Dism.exe.mui
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-d..cing-management-api_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_3b948f2c7ac00233\DismApi.dll
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-d..ement-api.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_en-us_a77558e07d5bb852\DismApi.dll.mui
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-d..ervicing-management_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_f37c59e329204af6\Dism.exe
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-d..ing-management-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_c006dcd04632fae4\DismCore.dll
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-d..ing-management-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_c006dcd04632fae4\DismCorePS.dll
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-d..ing-management-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_c006dcd04632fae4\DismHost.exe
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-d..ing-management-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_c006dcd04632fae4\DismProv.dll
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-d..ment-core.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.16384_en-us_a69177f1dcd57a63\DismCore.dll.mui
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-d..ment-core.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.16384_en-us_a69177f1dcd57a63\DismProv.dll.mui
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-d..nagement-powershell_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_40c321b885928fa0\Dism.Format.ps1xml
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-d..nagement-powershell_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_40c321b885928fa0\Dism.psd1
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-d..nagement-powershell_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_40c321b885928fa0\Dism.psm1
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-d..nagement-powershell_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17031_none_40c321b885928fa0\Dism.Types.ps1xml

• How do i install windows software for maverick

how do i install windows software for maverick

Several ways...
    One is to use BootCamp Assistant located in HD > Applications > Utilities
    Mac Basics: Using Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp
    Or, Parallels >  Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac - Parallels
    Or, VMWare >  Windows for Mac Desktop Virtualization - Try Fusion Free: VMware Fusion | United States

• Hi, I have an issue with a program that needs Windows Access for, it to run, any Ideas on how to make it work, the program I need to run is sbem (a building calculation software)

Hi
    I have a mac book pro, I need to run a software package that requires Windows Access for it to work
    The software is SBEM (A building calculation software)
    Any ideas
    Many Thanks

Direct you to the proper forum for MacBook :
    MacBook Series Forumshttps://discussions.apple.com/community/notebooks?view=discussions
    Mac OS X Forums
    https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_os?view=discussions 
    http://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro
    Mac 101: Using Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp
    https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1461
    Helpful Apple Support Resources (Forum Overview)
    Boot Camp Support 
    Boot Camp Manuals
    Community
    https://discussions.apple.com/community/windows_software/boot_camp
    Boot Camp 4.0, OS X Lion: Frequently asked question
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4818

• I bought the Mac version of Premiere Elements, can I get the Windows version for free or cheap with my serial number?

I bought the Mac version of Premiere Elements, can I get the Windows version for free or cheap with my serial number? I'm about to migrate back to PC soon and I'd love to not have to buy the program again since I just bought it. Under my order history though it only shows it for Mac so I wanted to make sure.

ihavea4
    The boxed packaging is not sold by Adobe direct. If you want to explore that type of purchase which offers the perk of a Windows and a Mac installation disc, you need to purchase from an authorized reseller who is not going to offer you "upgraded pricing". The seller would be its own entity with its own pricing and own return/refund policy. Sometimes the authorized reseller price may be less than the Adobe"upgraded pricing".
    Did you purchase your Premiere Elements 13 Mac from Adobe direct and are within 30 days of purchase? If so, you can contact Adobe Chat Orders to ask for return/refund. And, then you can explore the authorized resellers for pricing and availability of the box packaging. Maybe check out the pricing all around before making any final decisions.
    Please review and consider.
    Thank you.
    ATR

Maybe you are looking for