Windows 7 Installation on my Formatted Drive in Lenovo T410

HI
I have a Lenovo T410 laptop, in which I have formatted my hard drive completely including all default drives. Now I have a single partition, when I try to install the windows 7 with the recovery CDs which  I have created when my laptop was working correctly. But it will boot with that DVD but stops at the screen "Loading Windows". Is there any settings I need to change before installing windows 7 to the bios or something. I tried with the other Windows 7 DVD from Microsoft MSDN, even though i am not successfull.
Actually after deleted all the drives I have installed Windows XP and it was successful and when I try to install Windows 7 it is not going through. Please anyone suggest me any tips on how to install Windows 7 on my hard drive. Are there any other settings I need to chanage?
Thanks.

Sorry, I figured you had already used that because you had already removed the partitions.
There are several versions available on the Ultimate Boot CD.
You will need to download it and use a utility like imgburn to burn the image to a CD.
The instructions on how to do that are here.
As to using the FDISK utility in the UBCD, there are simple menu's that follow the list of utilities on the page that I posted the link to above. Once you actually pick the FDISK utility, just follow the instructions. If you can't get it to work, let me know which FDISK utility you are using and I will put together some instructions for you.
If that cannot find the harddrive, then it sounds as if there is a harddrive issue.
Hoov
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com

Similar Messages

• Re-installation on new formatted drive. How to de-activate previously installed CS6 Master Collection?

Greets.
    I had my entire CS6 Master Collection installed and activated with Adobe servers - but main drive died.
    Now I have a newly formatted drive with a fresh Win7 installation on it. I wish to re-install my entire CS6 collection again.
    As far as I recall, we have to DEACTIVATE all our installed softwares BEFORE activating any newer installations?
    If so, since I did not de-activate the softwares from my dead drive (which I cannot access now anyway) - how can I de-activate it now? I see no option to do so on my online account.
    Can anyone advise please.
    If a Customer Service Rep is reading this - can you please DE-ACTIVATE all my CS6 Master Collection softwares please - so I can re-install them again.
    Many thanks.

You need to contact Adobe Support thru chat and ask them to reset your activations - you will need the serial number.
    Chat support - For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat option...
    Serial number and activation chat support (non-CC)
    http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service1.html ( http://adobe.ly/1aYjbSC )
    You are allowed to have two activated installations, so if you are waiting for the weekend to pass to get their attention, you can install and activate as long as you only had the one activation used so far.  When they reset the activations you can reactivate again afterwards (or deactivate the new one yourself ahead of chatting with them).

• Windows 7 installation - missing cd/dvd driver

Hello!
    First of all i wanted to greet everyone here, as this is my first post on this forum
    Now to the problem.
    I am happy owner of HP Pavilion dv7-1150ew laptop. It's a good computer, i really like it, but the OS it came with (Vista Home Premium) was temporary from the beginning. I knew from day one i'll install Windows 7 as soon as it becomes available. And the day came. Windows 7 Professional appeared on the MSDNAA site. I downloaded 64-bit version, burned the DVD disc and waited for the weekend to come to do the installation and post-intallation stuff.
    So, am i Windows 7 user now? No. I am not. I didn't even get to the installation process The installer boots up flawlessly, i choose language, then i click Install now, wait and... "Missing required CD/DVD drive device driver" message appears. Here's what i tried:
    - installing from USB pendrive (formatted the pendrive to NTFS using diskpart, unpacked the iso to pendrive using ultraiso and winrar)
    - providing Intel ICH9M/E-M AHCI SATA driver version 8.9 to the installer - it shows the progress bar for a while, then the "No new devices could be found" message appears
    - installing 32 bit version
    - installing from USB pendrive with DVD drive and secondary harddrive disconnected
    - installing to clean harddrive (i dropped both system and recovery partitions)
    - updating laptop BIOS
    - updating DVD drive firmware
    Still the same problem. No required driver, and if i load the Intel SATA driver - no new devices.
    The Windows 7 Professional from MSDNAA is at least RTM release, as it has no RC, Beta or whatever next to it.
    I googled that others who had this problem solved it by switching SATA controllers from AHCI to IDE mode (or otherwise), but BIOS on the DV7 laptop doesn't have any regarding option.
    Does anyone have any ideas? Please?
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Just googled that error, and found many threads about it in the TechNet forums. I suggest you search there for better results, and post the steps that worked for you in here. Just linking you to a thread below that could be helpful.
    click here
    Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
    Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
    I am an ex-HP Employee.

• Windows 7 installation on Replacement Hard Drive

Dell Diagnostics says I need to replace the hard drive on my Inspiron N5110.  I purchased the laptop with XP installed and with an included upgrade to Windows 7.  I have the XP installation disk but only the Upgrade Assistant DVD for Windows 7.  Do I need to install XP on the new hard drive and then upgrade to Windows 7?  Will Dell provide a Windows 7 disk (free)?  Please advise.

Sorry, I figured you had already used that because you had already removed the partitions.
    There are several versions available on the Ultimate Boot CD.
    You will need to download it and use a utility like imgburn to burn the image to a CD.
    The instructions on how to do that are here.
    As to using the FDISK utility in the UBCD, there are simple menu's that follow the list of utilities on the page that I posted the link to above. Once you actually pick the FDISK utility, just follow the instructions. If you can't get it to work, let me know which FDISK utility you are using and I will put together some instructions for you.
    If that cannot find the harddrive, then it sounds as if there is a harddrive issue.
    Hoov
    Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
    SpywareHammer.com

• Backup and Restore image fails 3TB Advanced Format Drive Windows 7-32 SP1

Windows native backp fails to create an System Image, or a Complete PC Backup.
    This occurs in Windows 7, 64 bit Professional, Windows 7, 32bit Ultimate, Windows Vista Business, 32 bit. It occurs in 6 different computers I've tried. All the backup drives are 3TB. I have tried Seagte USB and Hitachi USB drives. 4 of them. The Windows
    7 Ultimate, 32bit machine has SP1. All operating systems are using the current Service Packs, and all of the MS Updates including all of the recommended harware drivers. All of the systems are using the latest BIOS, firmware and OEM drivers as well.
    It looks like the issue may be causes by a deficiency in Windows related to the Advanced Format drive spec. All of the computers that qualified had the AF hotfix applied; Advanced Format Drives 512e 4k, Vista
    and 2008 - KB2470478, Windows 7, and 2008 R2 KB982018
    Error messages follow:
    The Backup Failed.
    Error message: One of the backup files could not be created. (0x8078002A)
    The request could not be perfomed because of an I/O error. (0x8007045D)
    This deficiency seems to apply across the board to different hardware manufacturers of external hard drives.
    From what I have heard, Western Digital may have a format utility that addresses this issue, but only for WD drives.
    Help.

Hi David,
    Did you have found any error message?
    Check if all the files have been created on the hard drive.
    Check the Volume shadow copy service in services window. To check follow these steps:
    i.                   
    Click Start and type services.msc in the search box
    ii.                 
    Search for the Volume shadow copy service
    Make sure the start- up type is automatic.  Steps to set the services to automatic
    i.                   
    Search for the service
    ii.                 
    Right click on the service
    iii.               
    If the service is stopped then Start the service
    iv.                
    Select Properties
    v.                  
    And in the Start-up type select Automatic
     This is the most definitive answer I can find so am taking this as the answer.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsbackup/thread/889b01be-d333-4fc7-b005-e12b7b236ad7
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsbackup/thread/444e8ea2-6417-45dc-83d4-f5ae45bbaa02
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    如果您对我们的论坛在线支持服务有任何的意见或建议,请通过邮件告诉我们。
    立刻免费下载 
    TechNet
    论坛好帮手

• Windows 7 installation issues (0x8007005)

I recently added a SSD in the optical bay of my unibody macbook pro and am currently trying to install a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on it.
    If I go to run the installer from my Windows 7 installation on my disk drive through the optical drive connected through usb I get an error 0x8007005 Windows was unable to create a required installation folder.  The same issue occurs when I try to run the installation from an iso loaded on a usb stick. I have tried running the setup through setup.exe /tempdrive:d where d is the ssd with no success.  I have uninstalled bootcamp as suggested also.
    As an alternative if I run the installer from either bootcamp assistant in OSX or try booting from the cd the screen goes black and it never proceeds with any prompts.
    Thanks for the help

I'm not a Windows or Boot Camp expert - although I do run XP on the Parallels VM - but I think that you're going to have to use Boot Camp to install Windows 7, even on a secondary drive. I just don't think that Windows is going to see any drive in a Mac as a c or d drive, even though you may have formatted the SSD in your optical bay for Window.
    I've not run the Boot Camp Assistant since 2006 and I'm sure that some things have changed. And I've never tried to install it on a second drive.
    You might want to try asking your question in one of the OS forums - I don't know that there's a Boot Camp forum (and I did take a quick glance).
    Clinton

• Need a VGA driver for lenovo 3000 H100 5310-2AA.. pls need some help here..

Hi,
    is anyone of u have the installer for the VGA driver ( for lenovo 3000 H100 5310-2AA) ??
    or if u know where to download it pls tell me..
    I tried download from the lenovo's official website but it didn't work, I dunno why?
    it says "the nvidia setup program couldn't located any driver that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit"
    I confuse now.. I didn't upgrade or change any hardware since I bought it..
    thx

you seem to install Nvdia when you must have been using intel's drivers.
    check out this link once
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?doccategoryind=121202&template=/productpage/la... 
    Cheers and regards,
    • » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
    ●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ
    I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo

• Seagate Hard Drives not detected by the Windows 7 installer

I've spent hours on this trying every conceivable reason, so I apologize in advance for the length on this post.
    I connected a Seagate 320GB 7200.10 hard drive to a P35 chipset system and attempted to install Windows 7 RTM onto it. The installer got to the part of detecting hard drives, but could not detect this drive. Native SATA mode was enabled, and AHCI was enabled.
    I disabled Native SATA mode, then after that failed I also tried disabling AHCI by setting the controller to IDE mode. Still, the Windows 7 installer refused to detect the drive.
    I replaced both the SATA & power cables, verified the drives are detected by the AHCI firmware and the BIOS, and I even tried different motherboard SATA ports to no effect. I took a second , identical Seagate 320GB SATA hard drive, this time pre-formatted it inside Windows 7 RC using NTFS defaults, and again (with and without AHCI and Native SATA mode) Windows 7 will not see this hard drive either!
    I even downloaded the AHCI preinstall drivers and loaded these using a flash drive. When I did Windows 7 would autodetect the ICH9 driver and I would click Next. Windows 7 would suddenly see the drive, but all options to format or create a partition are grayed out. Clicking the more info button gives me this error message:
    "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."
    I used the AHCI preinstall drivers specific for the motherboard (Vista 64)  and I also tried the AHCI preinstall drivers from Intel for Windows 7 RC 64. As of this writing Intel has not released official Windows 7 RTM Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers.
    In frustration I installed a SSD (with AHCI and Native SATA mode enabled) and suddenly Windows 7 detects the SSD without needing to load any driver (as would be expected, since Vista and 7 include Intel Storage Manager drivers by default already). I installed Windows 7 RTM 64bit onto the SSD without issue.
    15 minutes later I was at the Windows 7 desktop, and Windows 7 was showing the Seagate 320GB hard drive under "My Computer" as normal. I could even use the Seagate hard drive as normal as if nothing was wrong. For kicks I launched the Windows 7 installer inside Windows 7, but as you can see below it still refused to see the drive, despite the drive being shown under My Computer:
    (Since I can't use thumbnails, here's the direct link: http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/Chanur64/Box/Howpossible.jpg )
    Also I should note I previously had Windows 7 Beta installed on an IDE drive in this exact system, and had no problems with it. Windows 7 RTM would allow me to install to an IDE drive and allowed me to install to an SSD, but it cannot see and cannot install onto both Seagate 320GB hard drives. These Seagates are known good drives previously part of a RAID 5 array.
    If anyone knows what is going on or has some ideas I've not tried I would love to hear from you and get this figured out. Suffice to say this is not a promising start for Windows 7.
    Intel Q6600
    Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4 (ICH9R southbridge)
    4GB DDR2-800
    2x Seagate 320GB SATA 7200.10
    Intel X25-M 80GB
    8800GTS 320mb
    PC Power & Cooling 750w PSU

I just had to solve the same issue with a Seagate Momentus Thin hard drive (
    http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/laptops/slim-laptop-hard-drives/)
    Tried several BIOS configuration, AHCI drivers, etc and Windows 7 32bits couldn't detect the drive.
    My solution was to boot with a USB pendrive with HirenCD tools (http://www.hiren.info/) and use a partition manager to erase disk contents, create and format a partition.
    Windows 7 detected the hard drive for the first time and now is installing, so.. crossing fingers.
    Thanks,
    Diego
    Diego,
    Thanks for the information and the link to Hiren.info!  I'm creating my bootable flash drive now.  I'll report back if I get this to work.
    I had this same issue on a Seagate Momentus 7200.2 "laptop" hard drive.  I say "lap top" in quotes because it's actually in a desktop (HP Compaq Ultra-slim dc7800).  I believe it was an upgrade, so it took me a while to figure out what I was dealing
    with until I finally took out the harddrive and checked what company made it!
    Thanks everyone!

• Windows 7 Installation problem: "no drives were found, click to load driver..."

I just purchased a Toshiba Satellite laptop (U945-S4140) that came with windows 8. I am trying to install windows 7 enterprise 64 bit.
    I have the installation file on a bootable USB stick. In order to boot from the USB, I have to go into the BIOS settings and change from UEFI to CSM boot mode. Then the computer will boot from the usb stick and the windows 7 installation begins to work fine.
    However, I soon get an error message that "no drives were found. click to load driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation."
    I cannot figure out how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

I have tried many solutions....Maybe I should provide more details on my options.
    Through my university I am granted the rights & license to use a copy on windows enterprise. From them I obtained a valid product key and also downloaded an ISO install file. It seems as if this file was designed to be burned to a dvd. I used windows 7 usb/dvd tool to burn the ISO file to a DVD. No problem there. However, my new laptop does not have an optical drive. So, I borrowed an external one that plugs in via USB. Again, in order to get ANYTHING to happen, I need to boot the USB(dvd rive) in CSM mode. Even then, it doesn't work. (I'm sorry but I forget the specific error I got here.....there have been so many methods and so many errors today)
    Now, with this DVD, I have had a little bit of progress if I click the setup.exe file while Windows 8 is running. It begins the Windows 7 setup program, and even sees the harddrive! It asks me what partition I want to install to, and I selected the only 1 (of 4) that it said was 'available' to write to. Then, it loaded the installation files, but when it went to automatically restart, it froze during the 'starting windows' screen just as the little colored circles appear, that eventually form the windows logo. Again, I think the problem here might have been that during the restart, it looked to the USB-DVD drive, which needs CSM mode to boot properly, but Windows 8 can only start in UEFI mode.
    Any attempt to put this ISO file onto a USB stick have not worked well. I used Rufus and the only thing that slightly worked was burning the ISO to the USB stick with a 'GPT partition scheme for UEFI controller' with the 'FAT32' file system. When using this to boot, I did not have to change the BIOS to CSM mode. The screen for 'loading files' came up like the installer was going to work. However, the computer then froze during the 'Starting Windows' screen, however, this time the little circles actually were able to form the windows logo. But, at that point I was left with a pulsing windows logo and it was stuck. It did not even make it to the actual installer.
    The situation I posted about originally is slightly different. Some tech guys at my department's electronic shop have a bootable USB stick with the windows 7 enterprise installation software already on it. I used that and was at least able to get a little bit into the windows 7 setup before it told me it cannot find a disk to install to (as in my original post).

• Windows 7 Installation problem: "no drives were found, click to load driver to provide a mass storage driver..."

I just purchased a Toshiba Satellite laptop (U945-S4140) that came with windows 8. I am trying to install windows 7 enterprise 64 bit.
    I have the installation file on a bootable USB stick. In order to boot from the USB, I have to go into the BIOS settings and change from UEFI to CSM boot mode. Then the computer will boot from the usb stick and the windows 7 installation begins to work fine.
    However, I soon get an error message that "no drives were found. click to load driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation."
    I cannot figure out how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

Hello Maxxpower33, thank you for your words.
    I looked through the error logs that could be generated from the tool and found this one which may be what you experienced.  Kindly let me know if this is what you got:
    "Files copied successfully. However, we were unable to run bootsect to make the USB device bootable. If you need assistance with bootsect, please click the "Online Help" link above for more information."
    Some further information is that I found this post where another user experienced the same error on a laptop, although the speculation mentioned in the post is that the user does not have a Windows store account under which he purchased the license for Windows
    7 Home Premium, which is the flavor he was trying to get on the bootable drive.  However, this does not seem to be a valid response due to the fact that the tool does not check Windows XAuthCert Servers for validation on licensing.  So ignore that
    portion of the post, but the 2nd post helps a bit by linking to another article, providing both below.
    Forum Port With Same Error
    Article with 4 methods to create
    a bootable Windows 7 USB Drive
    In that first post, further down, is another reply to a tool that I have not tested with.  So please use caution on this one as I cannot find very much feedback other than on their own website, but sounds much like the first tool I mentioned in my first
    post "Unetbootin", but this one is called Rufus, and two people did mention they had good success with this tool after having difficulties with the Windows utility.
    Rufus
    After all that is said and done, there is not 1 tool that will work for everyone all of the time on every environment.  Why?  I would like to know also...but speculate hardware/firmware/bios combinations could be the culprit.  One of these
    tools should work for you and it would be my recommendation to try them in this order (skipping what you've already tried):
    1) Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool
    2) Unetbootin
    3) Manually creating the partition and xcopy'ing the extracted ISO to it
    4) Rufus
    5) Borrow a PC with a DVD-R in it and burn the ISO to a disc and install from it.  If your laptop does not have a DVD drive, an external drive can be purchased for roughly $25 or less.  Or if you have an internal drive laying around, buy an enclosure
    for about $15 and put the drive inside there and attach it to your laptop via USB or eSATA.
    As always, my advice is nothing more than my opinion, which are like bungholes...everyone has one and they all stink!  LOL!
    John Fester

• Windows 7 installation from USB drive issue

I tried installing Windows 7 through a USB Thumb drive. I got an error message saying 
    "No device drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK."
    Please help me. 

Hi:
    See if either of the driver files I have attached work. 
    If they don't, I won't be able to assist you any further.
    You will have to try each of them separately, because they have the same file names in the folders.
    Download, unzip and copy just the files in the folders to a usb flash drive.
    With the flash drive and W7 installation media plugged into the machine, boot from the W7 installation media.
    After you select the install now option, select the Drive Options - Advanced menu, then select the Load Driver option.
    You should now see the storage driver files listed.
    If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.
    Follow the prompts and hopefully, W7 will install.
    Attachments:
    HSeries.zip ‏115 KB
    SB7xx.zip ‏115 KB

• I need to add a secondary hard drive to my time capsule. Can something that has been set up for a windows machine work without re-formatting?

I need to add a secondary hard drive to my time capsule. Can something that has been set up for a windows machine work without re-formatting?

In addition to Niel's comments, if you plan to use Time Machine to backup a Mac to the secondary drive.....that application needs a drive that has been specifically formattted for Mac.  That would be Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
    PCs can also read and write to the Mac formatted drive.

• Windows 8 Installation on partitioned drive

Hi!
    This is my first question and sorry for my broken English.
    I'm currently trying to install Windows 8 in my Macbook Pro 15" machine. But I got this as an error message.
    "Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style."
    I heard Bootcamp Assistant cannot handle multiple partitions scheme. Anyway to install Windows with 2 data partitions like this?
    As a beginner, step-by-step guide wiil be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Not sure about Windows 8 as I've never tried to install on a Mac but with Windows 7 you can't have more then one OS X partition as you won't be able to partition the drive in Boot Camp with more then one OS X partition.
    Windows 7 and prior version of Windows can only be installed on a disk that has less then 4 Primary partitions amd the partition Windows in installed on must be a MBR partition. By default OS X create 3 partitions, one for OS X itself one for the EFI partition (200MBs) and one for the Recovery HD partition (650MBs) and they all look like Primary partitions to the Windows installer. Now Windows 8 has changed that so it will install to systems that are EFI based and in those system the drive must be a GPT type. But Boot Camp creates a sudo MBR partition for Windows to be installed on. But Yet with more then 4 primary partitions the Windows 8 installer see that and pops up an error because it is looking for a GPT partition to install on.
    You can try booting back into OS X and them move all your data back to the Main OS X partition then remove those other 2 partitions you have created and then ReRun Boot Camp Assistant to partition the one and only OS X partition and start the Windows install.
    It's kind of a FUBAR on both Apple's part and the Windows 8 installer that honestly Apple never thought out properly. If a Mac has more then one OS X partition then boot camp should not create a MBR partition for Windows to install to and or boot camp should not even allow you to partition the drive and start the installer for Win 8.

• Installing Windows XP from Old PC Hard Drive Without Installation CD???

Hi,
    Let me first say I'm a brand new mac user and loving my new macbook pro. A major issue I'm having is that I'm in real estate and can't use my online MLS System without running Windows. I hooked up my old IDE hard drive via USB 2.0 adapter thinking I could run bootcamp and find the necessary installation files from the old hardrive. It looks like bootcamp will only let me install via a CD or DVD. I don't have the original Windows CD. Any thoughts from anyone? Please keep in mind I only know the very basics and don't understand technical computerese talk. Thanks!!!

Darn, no such luck. I get about half of it, but all the java stuff doesn't show up. Bummer
    http://rayac.fnismls.com/Paragon/Login.aspx?
    I may go routing through my storage and try to find an old Windows 2000 installation CD.
    Message was edited by: GzusReigns

• Windows formatted drive

I have an external hard drive which is Windows formatted.  I have pictures, a lot of pictures, on this external drive. I would like to copy these pictures from my external drive to my Mac.  Unfortunately, when I connect my Windows formatted drive to the Mac, it will ask me do I want to format my external drive. 
    How do I get the Mac to recognize the external hard drive without formatting the drive?

After connecting the external drive, open a Finder window and see if your external drive appears in the Finder sidebar. If so, select it and copy the files you want to your internal drive.
    OS X does not ask you to format the external drive if it is formatted for Windows. If OS X asks you for this, ignore it. Also, OS X can read Windows formats

Maybe you are looking for

• How can I set up VPN in Iphone 4s

How can I set up VPN in Iphone 4s? Can anyone help me out to set up any VPN proxy in iphone 4s? which proxy is working to access restricted sites? And explain how to set it up.. Thanks..

• Multiple file formats and stacking

Like many on this forum I need to keep track of the original RAW and other formats of the same file. This is for several reasons: 1. I have a large number of already converted RAW files into JPG and TIFF files, which I want to manage in the LR librar

• Quick Look for videos blinking black frames

When previewing any video file in Mountain Lion, I get a 50% black frame strobe as well as a frame strobe every half second or so. This does not happen in QuickTime X or QuickTime 7. Has anyone else seen this? This is on my 2011 MacBook Pro 15in.

• Help with Cable

I'm sure this has been asked before but I trawled through the search results and got confused. So I'm thick I know that but could I please have an answer in very simple terms. I have an iPod Touch 16gb. I have a stereo; and also an entertainment syst

• Search Help Exit and Cursor Position

I have created a new search help, which returns the selected value into the applicable screen field correctly.  The problem is that there are multiple fields on the screen, and the first field keeps getting the cursor focus instead of the search help